Thor+ Power Gem vs SuperBoy Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Who wins??? Not B&A Thor. Thor fighting Smart.

zeel
Originally posted by Damborgson

id say thor but he may have issues with primes speed. And in all reality thor is not very good with amps he dont utilize them very well.

JakeTheBank
If Thor's fighting smart with the Gem, he could beat Prime.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

Cogito
If Thor fights smart, and Prime doesn't, then he could win.

If Thor fights smart, and Prime does also, then Thor gets rocked.

quanchi112
Thor, all day.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Cogito
If Thor fights smart, and Prime doesn't, then he could win.

If Thor fights smart, and Prime does also, then Thor gets rocked.

snowdragon
Thor

Sundipped
Prime at least 7/10 with the sun shining bright.

h1a8
The PG might amp Thor up to a whopping .001% of Prime's total strength in the first few minutes of battle, but Prime combos him to ko easily in less than 1 minute.

bbrem123
thor

Stoic
I'm assuming that Thor in this thread has full knowledge on how to operate as an infinite power. If this is the case, Prime would be more or less impotent in this contest.

McNasty996
Prime wins, the gems have never even come close to doing what it is said they can on their own.

ozz81
thor should win it.

radbandos
Prime wins everytime

Blight
We have very divergent claims.

joesha28
Thor will the power gem only had a slight edge against classic thanos. I would say Prime wins here.

bbrem123
this is thor fighting smart...so that fight vs thanos should not matter at all here

Stoic
Originally posted by joesha28
Thor will the power gem only had a slight edge against classic thanos. I would say Prime wins here.

Originally posted by Stoic
I'm assuming that Thor in this thread has full knowledge on how to operate as an infinite power. If this is the case, Prime would be more or less impotent in this contest.

Thor stomps.

the Darkone
If Thor can tap into the power gem like Tittana did, then Superboy Prime will lose hard. If Thor has let say 25-30% of the Power Gem that, I believe that might be enough to beat Super
boy Prime!

D-Block
Thor wins

h1a8
Thor with the power gem is at most 2x stronger (within the first hour).
SBP is astronomically stronger and faster. He finishes Thor in seconds or less. This fight is bordering on spite.

Stoic

The part about Thor fighting smart. Does this mean that he has full mastery over the PG?

Originally posted by h1a8
SBP is astronomically stronger and faster. He finishes Thor in seconds or less. This fight is bordering on spite.

If he has mastery over the PG, he would be far more than 2x his base levels. Prime may even be a non factor, because Prime has a cap on his strength. Thor wouldn't based on the stipulations of this thread.

h1a8
The part about Thor fighting smart. Does this mean that he has full mastery over the PG?

If he has mastery over the PG, he would be far more than 2x his base levels. Prime may even be a non factor, because Prime has a cap on his strength. Thor wouldn't based on the stipulations of this thread.

The OP should set the limit of how much Thor can draw from the PG. Otherwise, we are speculating. I'm actually going by what was shown in the comic to prevent speculation. IMO, Thor needs to be at least 1000x just to be a factor to Prime at his best.

JakeTheBank
The OP should set the limit of how much Thor can draw from the PG. Otherwise, we are speculating. I'm actually going by what was shown in the comic to prevent speculation. IMO, Thor needs to be at least 1000x just to be a factor to Prime at his best.

You really think Prime is at least 1000x times stronger than Thor?

Out of curiosity, how much stronger do you think Prime is than mainstream Superman?

iceman24567
LOL at prime being 1000x stronger than Thor. hl1 is on a rampage laughing

abhilegend
LOL at prime being 1000x strong than thor. Prime wins 5.5/10 because magic is all but useless on him.

leonidas
can't recall a time off-hand where a pg wielder has been ko'd in h2h battle. he may not be as strong immediately, but thor would match him in time. i guess rime COULD ko him first, but for some reason i don't see it. i think it more likely prime would figure out what was happening and use his speed to simply remove the gem.

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
can't recall a time off-hand where a pg wielder has been ko'd in h2h battle. he may not be as strong immediately, but thor would match him in time. i guess rime COULD ko him first, but for some reason i don't see it. i think it more likely prime would figure out what was happening and use his speed to simply remove the gem.

Thor ko'd Drax holding PG IIRC.

h1a8
Originally posted by iceman24567
LOL at prime being 1000x stronger than Thor. hl1 is on a rampage laughing Actually I'm being generous. According to best feats Prime is astronomically more times stronger. Think about it.

If Thor can accelerate an Earth mass at 9.8m/s^2 (i.e Lift an Earth weight in which he can't) and if Prime can accelerate an Earth mass at an astronomically more amount then Prime is astronomically more times stronger than Thor.

To be clear that you understand,
To lift 100tons on Earth is equivalent to accelerating (speeding up) a 100ton object at 9.8m/s^2 in space under no gravity.

The rampage you accused me of was actually being generous with 1000x.

Stoic
Actually I'm being generous. According to best feats Prime is astronomically more times stronger. Think about it.

If Thor can accelerate an Earth mass at 9.8m/s^2 (i.e Lift an Earth weight in which he can't) and if Prime can accelerate an Earth mass at an astronomically more amount then Prime is astronomically more times stronger than Thor.

To be clear that you understand,
To lift 100tons on Earth is equivalent to accelerating (speeding up) a 100ton object at 9.8m/s^2 in space under no gravity.

The rampage you accused me of was actually being generous with 1000x.

I thought you knew how Kryptonian powers worked? You obviously left out the point where it was stated that a Krptonian's flight powers aren't fully a strength feat.

Superman stated a couple of times that tactile telekinesis, and a combination of bracing himself is all he had to do, and that his flight would take care of the rest.

You may want to recalculate how much Prime can actually lift, when you factor in that little piece.

JakeTheBank
And yet, if Prime was more than 1000 times stronger than Thor, he would have effortlessly one shot all those mid and high heralds who ran afoul of him.

He didn't.

Now, I could care less if every showing of Prime that didn't have him push a planet or "retcon reality" is ignored in favor exclusively for his high end ones, but nothing in the context of the comics shown showed Prime being that much more powerful than someone like Thor or a peer/slight superior such as Superman. Hell, I'd go as far to say that Superman could replicate almost all of Prime's feats if he was also psychological damaged and phucked in the head.

If you asked Geoff Johns if Prime was more than a thousand times stronger than Thor or Superman, he'd probably laugh.

Parmaniac
I thought you knew how Kryptonian powers worked? You obviously left out the point where it was stated that a Krptonian's flight powers aren't fully a strength feat.

Superman stated a couple of times that tactile telekinesis, and a combination of bracing himself is all he had to do, and that his flight would take care of the rest.

You may want to recalculate how much Prime can actually lift, when you factor in that little piece. Tacticle Telekinesis was retconned and Prime isn't a Kryptonian.

LOL@H1 logic though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Prime isn't a 1000 times stronger than Thor. Ridiculous.
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
And yet, if Prime was more than 1000 times stronger than Thor, he would have effortlessly one shot all those mid and high heralds who ran afoul of him.

He didn't.

Now, I could care less if every showing of Prime that didn't have him push a planet or "retcon reality" is ignored in favor exclusively for his high end ones, but nothing in the context of the comics shown showed Prime being that much more powerful than someone like Thor or a peer/slight superior such as Superman. Hell, I'd go as far to say that Superman could replicate almost all of Prime's feats if he was also psychological damaged and phucked in the head.

If you asked Geoff Johns if Prime was more than a thousand times stronger than Thor or Superman, he'd probably laugh.

I always thought he was extremely overrated by some. It's obvious that he's intended to be above standard Herald level but people fail to recognize somelimitations and he has less than stellar showings.

Probably. Johns wrote a pretty powerful Thor. Didn't he say he wanted to see Flash and Green Lantern take on Thor in a crossover? mhmm

Stoic
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Tacticle Telekinesis was retconned and Prime isn't a Kryptonian.

LOL@H1 logic though.

1. Prime isn't a Kryptonian? Does he somehow share Krptonian DNS? What is he then?

2. Tactile telekinesis was retconned? I'm happy that you brought me up to speed. Thank you.

Parmaniac
1. Prime isn't a Kryptonian? Does he somehow share Krptonian DNS? What is he then?

2. Tactile telekinesis was retconned? I'm happy that you brought me up to speed. Thank you.

Prime is/was an ordinary human from Earth Prime which is pretty much supposed to be our world (all heroes are comic book characters etc.) I'm not entirely sure how but somehow he gained kryptonian like powers, apparently without their waknesses or at least k-nite weakness for a while IIRC there was someone once turning the sunlight in his body into green k-nite and it hurted hi like hell. But officially Prime isn't a kryptonian.

In Blackest Night Superboy (Connor) said that he doesn't like to use his TTK when Clark is around because he doesn't like to use powers that he doesn't have. Or something similar, I'm not sure if the TTK was "officially" taken away or retconned but after that statement I never saw anything indicating that Supes has TTK.

Stoic
Prime is/was an ordinary human from Earth Prime which is pretty much supposed to be our world (all heroes are comic book characters etc.) I'm not entirely sure how but somehow he gained kryptonian like powers, apparently without their waknesses or at least k-nite weakness for a while IIRC there was someone once turning the sunlight in his body into green k-nite and it hurted hi like hell. But officially Prime isn't a kryptonian.

In Blackest Night Superboy (Connor) said that he doesn't like to use his TTK when Clark is around because he doesn't like to use powers that he doesn't have. Or something similar, I'm not sure if the TTK was "officially" taken away or retconned but after that statement I never saw anything indicating that Supes has TTK.

Yeah that's right, I remember Conner saying something like that in Blackest Night as well.

leonidas
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thor ko'd Drax holding PG IIRC.

drax wasn't ko'd, he just coughed up the gem.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He's referring to the scene before that when Drax jumps Thor and is taken out in a hit.

IIRC, it was also stated that all of their enemies were disposed off when Thor hit Drax in the stomach. I'm guessing he was temporarily knocked out or stunned during that scene as well. For some reason, Thor just got more and more difficult to deal with.

leonidas
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He's referring to the scene before that when Drax jumps Thor and is taken out in a hit.

IIRC, it was also stated that all of their enemies were disposed off when Thor hit Drax in the stomach. I'm guessing he was temporarily knocked out or stunned during that scene as well. For some reason, Thor just got more and more difficult to deal with.

hmm, don't remember either instance. i thought the stomach punch just staggered him and made him cough up the gem.

leonidas
did a quick check--seems thor did ko him the first time, though not with the stomach blow. so, guess pg wielders CAN be ko'd, and it wasn't all that difficult either. NOT a good showing for a gem holder.

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
did a quick check--seems thor did ko him the first time, though not with the stomach blow. so, guess pg wielders CAN be ko'd, and it wasn't all that difficult either. NOT a good showing for a gem holder.

I wouldn't throw the book at PG wielders just yet, Drax was an incompetent Gem wielder, and only tapped it's infinite reserve subconsciously. If not, Thanos would have been flattened by the physical pressure that the Abstracts hurled at him during his run with the gauntlet.

leonidas
I wouldn't throw the book at PG wielders just yet, Drax was an incompetent Gem wielder, and only tapped it's infinite reserve subconsciously. If not, Thanos would have been flattened by the physical pressure that the Abstracts hurled at him during his run with the gauntlet.

gem wielders have a notorious dearth of feats in general though. aside from adam with the soul gem, the impressive feats by gem wielders are very few and far between. minus thanos's use of them.

zeel
SBP is astronomically stronger and faster. He finishes Thor in seconds or less. This fight is bordering on spite. do you have proof that hes only twice as strong.

This isnt spite man. Do you have proof thor is only twice as strong with the gem. Thor probobloy was only using a tiny portion of the gem also and he was knocking thanos all over the place. HOwever i do agree the speed is going to be a problem. Give thor more speed to keep up with prime and full access to the gems powers and prime is toast. anything less and im sure prime wins.

cdtm
What's his name even stomped Rulk with the PG, and he had human stats.

Champion, he was kicking cosmic ass with the gem, but She Hulk beat him down without it.

A team of heavies couldn't stop Titania with it.

h1a8
Originally posted by zeel
do you have proof that hes only twice as strong.

This isnt spite man. Do you have proof thor is only twice as strong with the gem. Thor probobloy was only using a tiny portion of the gem also and he was knocking thanos all over the place. HOwever i do agree the speed is going to be a problem. Give thor more speed to keep up with prime and full access to the gems powers and prime is toast. anything less and im sure prime wins.

I didn't say PG Thor 2x stronger but rather he was AT MOST 2x stronger. That means he could have been less. And yes I have definite proof that he was not stronger than 2x serious Thor. But I do see a dead serious top notch Thor knocking Thanos all over the place (but losing eventually) as well.

Yup, give Thor the speed to keep up and full access to the gems power and he would win 10/10.

Zack Fair
http://gallery.nekito.net/albums/album05/Angel_Confused.gif

Damborgson
Thor did have some pretty good showings with the pg more or less. Surfer was barely at the very most nuisance to him.

cdtm
Thor did have some pretty good showings with the pg more or less. Surfer was barely at the very most nuisance to him.

Surfer was actually barely a nuisance before Thor even got the PG.

Bill ended up looking a lot better, and in Surfers own comic!

Damborgson
Originally posted by cdtm
Surfer was actually barely a nuisance before Thor even got the PG.

Bill ended up looking a lot better, and in Surfers own comic!
true true. He was even less then that when thor got the pg. the message is. Thor>>>> surfer

DickBlazer
Prime no prob

Stoic
Tacticle Telekinesis was retconned and Prime isn't a Kryptonian.

LOL@H1 logic though.

Hey I just thought about something, they had no grounds to retract (retcon) Clark's TTK. After all, Conner got his powers from Clark. Oh well, stay tuned for another Crisis. DC seems to always launch one, when they paint themselves into a corner.

leonidas
Originally posted by cdtm
What's his name even stomped Rulk with the PG, and he had human stats.

Champion, he was kicking cosmic ass with the gem, but She Hulk beat him down without it.

A team of heavies couldn't stop Titania with it.

who's whats-his-name?

champ has the power primordial and is an elder and he still never really did anything impressive.

who was on the team who attacked titania?

gem wielders have always been very overrated imo. by overrated, i mean they never really tackle and beat anyone impressive. titania--sho is shehulk level already, holding her own against a decent team isn't much. given what the gems are supposed to be and do, they rarely live up to their hype.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.