J Edgar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
Im surprised nobody has made a thread of this movie epecially since it opens up tomorrow.Im looking forward to seeing this flick even though Leo whom I dont think much of as an actor,is playing the title role.

Mr Parker
Man I cant believe NOBODY here at this site wants to see this movie since it opened up this weekend and nobody has posted here.doesnt ANYBODY have an interest in a big part of american history and knowing about J edgar Hoover? roll eyes (sarcastic) I would think since Eastwood is directing it,there would at least be a few replys by now.

Robtard
I'll be seeing it; looking forward to it.

Leo is great for this role. If he does a comparable role as he did in Aviator, it will rock.

Eastwood is a decent director, but I doubt he'll touch on Hoover's penchant in wearing lingerie and bottoming for men at sex-parties, which is a shame, history/realism and all.

Impediment
I couldn't care less about a presidential biopic.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Man I cant believe NOBODY here at this site wants to see this movie since it opened up this weekend and nobody has posted here.doesnt ANYBODY have an interest in a big part of american history and knowing about J edgar Hoover? roll eyes (sarcastic) I would think since Eastwood is directing it,there would at least be a few replys by now.

You do know that there's more countries & cultures on this planet than America?

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
You do know that there's more countries & cultures on this planet than America?

well yeah but there ARE plenty of americans here though at this site.

Esau Cairn
I'm looking more forward to Abe Lincolm Vampire Hunter.

siriuswriter
I didn't like Leo Di Caprio for a while, it seemed like all his early roles were incredibly pretentious. But looking back, especially after seeing "The Departed," and "Shutter Island," that was a surprising but really perfect role for him, I get excited when a movie with him comes out.

BruceSkywalker
I have seen this.. good performance by Leo

siriuswriter
Oh good. One more for the books, then. big grin

Mr Parker
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I didn't like Leo Di Caprio for a while, it seemed like all his early roles were incredibly pretentious. But looking back, especially after seeing "The Departed," and "Shutter Island," that was a surprising but really perfect role for him, I get excited when a movie with him comes out.

not me,movies like this one i see them DESPITE him being in it.

WanderingDroid
Skip it! If you want good actin go see it. Storywise...meh.

I prefer the autobiography on J Edgar Hoover.

Myth
This looks like a movie that was made strictly to get oscars and not to entertain people. I may watch this in the future, but I'm not going out of my way to do so.

siriuswriter
One might say the same about "The King's Speech." It doesn't really care about flash-bomb action entertainment, where every scene is two minutes at the very most except for the action scenes which are ten minutes at the very least. I love cerebral movies. I think I"ll save this for DVD, though. One of the reasons there are movie theatres is so you can see those "Blockbuster" type films on a large screen with awesome graphics and sound. Cerebral movies are easier to watch at home, you can pause it for five minutes or so, and keep on going.

Mr Parker
finally saw this movie for the first time.Really enjoyed it.was very interesting seeing his rise to power how he held on to it for so long and how he got the FBI going.Really enjoyed how they showed his love affair that he had with number two man Clyde Tolson.

Also was pleased that they showed that RFK was blackmailed by him because of Jfk's philandering with a nazi spy woman,so he was blackmailed to authorize hoover to wiretap MLk.Was dissapointed though that Eastwood did not go into detail about him being a crossdresser.At least he indicated he was though when he put on his mothers dress after she died so at least he did not completly ignore it.If you did not know that you had to figure it out on your own obviously so again,wish Eastwood had gone into more detail on it.

Was also pleased with Eastwood for talking about Hoovers long standing friendship with Dick Nixon from Nixons early days in the senate together.

What I wish he had covered as well though and was dissapointed that he did not go into detail about was Hoover was LBJ's next door neighbor in washington from their early days.They should have gone into a lot on that but did not even touch that.The other thing I was most displeased with is that when it was announced that Kennedy had been shot in dallas,he acted shock and like he was upset by it when he should have had a huge smile on his face since he hated the Kennedys and participated in the coverup of oswald being the lone assassin.They did not have to go into it or anything since its a movie about Hoover but they should at least have had him smile over that.

The makup effects for Leo on his face when he was aging were amazing and well done.Also was cool how he wore contact lenses to show Hoovers dark eyes he had.Probably Leos best acting job ever.I have to give him props on this one.He was actually pretty good.

roughrider
Funny how much of a critical and box office disappointment this was. Looked like a prestige project all the way.

the ninjak
Originally posted by siriuswriter

So do I. Leo rocks. I'm looking forward to this also because of the scathing reviews, which probably means it'll be great!

rizwan_seopro
this is a very nice post i like it very much keep it up have a very nice day sir.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by the ninjak
So do I. Leo rocks. I'm looking forward to this also because of the scathing reviews, which probably means it'll be great!

Im not a Leo fan,I think he is a horrible actor even though he has gotten better in recent years.He has improved for sure.This was his best effort yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.