Snow White and the Huntsman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr. Marshall
http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/70235/Snow_White_and_the_Huntsman_10.jpg

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY67V0wOlz8

I'm conflicted by this. One one hand, I loooove dark fantasy, and the trailer makes this movie look really beautiful. Also, Charlize Theron is amazing, and I'm growing quite fond of Chris Hemsworth.

On the other hand, I've only ever seen Kristen Stewart in Twilight and thought she was awful. I'm cringing at the thought of her putting on a British accent. I dunno, maybe she's better in her non-Twilight movies, but her casting here reeks of a cash cow. OMG, it's Bella! The teen girls will descend on Snow White and the Huntsman like a pack of ravening wolves!

I'll probably still see it, if only to encourage Hollywood to make more dark fantasy, damn it! But I'm worried.

Esau Cairn
I think this is but one of two Snow White themed movies coming out next year.

Kazenji
looks alright just might see it when it comes around to the release.

Nephthys
4uQJyvlUoLg#!

What the ****? haermm

BruceSkywalker
saw the trailer the other day, it shows some promise

Nephthys
Shit.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Nephthys
4uQJyvlUoLg#!

What the ****? haermm

I don't know what you guys are on, this looks completely retarded.

Mr. Marshall
We aren't "on anything", we just like a movie you don't so you're getting butt hurt about it? Cool story bro!

Nephthys
Lol, I don't seem to be the one butt hurt bro. I just think it looks stupid as hell.

siriuswriter
Well, if it's any consolation, Robert Pattinson's first movie outside Twilight - "Water for Elephants," was jaw-droppingly good. It didn't receive much credit, but Pattinson was perfect for the role - he spoke with a Polish accent, was dramatic without being melodramatic... with Reese Witherspoon and Christoph Waltz they pretty much made a jewel of a movie.

So one half of the "Twilight team" did really well stepping out. Stewart played Joan Jett in that movie from a few years ago - was that good?

Esau Cairn
Who's retarded now?

Nephthys
Well technically the question was never about 'who' was retarded, but 'what' was retarded. A movie is not a person, silly.

Esau Cairn
Ok well define what you feel is "retarded" by this film.

I see an interesting twist in an age old fairy tale.
Decent enough acting.
Some nice action sequences, not to mention visually beautiful.

Nephthys
Well Snow White riding into battle in full plate mail with the 7 dwarves is pretty retarded. Its like 'what the christ?'

Also the 'interesting twist' seems to be 'Lets Hollywood the SHIT out of this movie!' Its the exact same thing they did with Alice in Wonderland. Why the hell was Alice fighting with a ****ing sword!? Lewis Caroll was rolling in his grave so fast he reached 88 miles per hour and invented rock and roll.

Esau Cairn
Ever read Alan Moore's League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

Nice twists on legendary characters, no one screamed blasphemy.

Plus a female warrior riding into battle with dwarves... sounds a bit too childish like LOTR eh.

Mr. Marshall
Esau, don't feed the trolls.

Nephthys
I have over 13,000 posts and can debate you under the table son. I am not a 'troll.' no expression

The difference is that Alan Moore is a genius and having them twisted like that actually served a narrative and thematic function.

Yes, it sounds like LotR. Which is entirely the point. With the success of LotR comes people trying to jump on the bandwagon. Theres been a steady shift towards Fantasy lately with Harry Potter, the Pirates movies and LotR being financial and critical successes. Alice in Wonderland was the same thing. Alice in Wonderland has brand recognition and its fantasy so it'll draw the crowds, but the story itself is nonsensical and undramatic. So Hollywood makes it simpler and has Alice swordfighting dragons and shit. Same thing here: Brand recognition, fantasy story but too bland in its original form, so they Hollywood it up, add swordfight and you have a marketable movie. Its all designed to appeal to the largest number of people, right down to the casting decisions.

Also its utterly stupid.

Kazenji
Lol, I don't seem to be the one butt hurt bro. I just think it looks stupid as hell.

Then go don't forcing your opinion onto others then.

Nephthys
How am I forcing my opinions on anyone?

dadudemon
I'm with Nephy.

When I saw that..I was like...WTF??!?!?!?!?! REALLY?

I do not know why I was irritated with it. I should not be. It looks decent. But I just can't but get over how utterly and completely retarded this looks. You know, IF it was the original story, then he Disney movie would seem kind of funny in it's adaptation. However, this is NOT the original story and it is much more modern. Meh. Oh well. Who cares. I'll see it.

Esau Cairn

The difference is that Alan Moore is a genius and having them twisted like that actually served a narrative and thematic function.

Yes, it sounds like LotR. Which is entirely the point. With the success of LotR comes people trying to jump on the bandwagon. Theres been a steady shift towards Fantasy lately with Harry Potter, the Pirates movies and LotR being financial and critical successes. Alice in Wonderland was the same thing. Alice in Wonderland has brand recognition and its fantasy so it'll draw the crowds, but the story itself is nonsensical and undramatic. So Hollywood makes it simpler and has Alice swordfighting dragons and shit. Same thing here: Brand recognition, fantasy story but too bland in its original form, so they Hollywood it up, add swordfight and you have a marketable movie. Its all designed to appeal to the largest number of people, right down to the casting decisions.

Also its utterly stupid.

I'm not debating whether this film will be fantastic or not.
I'm simply giving it merit for adapting an age old children's story & making it appeal to a much older generation interested in sword & sorcery.

Walt Disney didn't write Snow White, the Grimm Brothers adapted the story from an old German fairy tale.

Fairy tales were meant to frighten children with their underlining morals...they didn't have happy endings or characters breaking into song & dance...like Walt Disney's version marketed to the children.

As far as Burton's Alice sword-fighting a dragon....could the idea have come from Lewis Carroll's sequel, "Through The Looking-Glass"?

Alice returns to UnderLand as a young woman & is told that she is the only one WHO CAN SLAY the Jabberwocky....

And by the way, Lewis Carroll wrote Alice In Wonderland & once again, it's a darker tale than Walt Disney's candied down version.

So SnowWhite & The Huntsman still looks good in my opinion.
I'll settle for a female heroine any day instead of another damsel in distress.

Walt always liked his women helpless & battered.

dadudemon

jinXed by JaNx
doesnt look bad...,not necessarily my thing but it seems a lot more interesting than simply making an updated snow white. At least theyre trying something different. Id say that which ever studio green lit this movie is, in fact taking a big chance in what seems like a lot of artistic liberties

Other than a nice budget i didnt see much "hollywooding" it up in that trailer. If you want to see movies that "hollywood" it up take a look at Alice in wonderland and planet of the apes remake

miiih
Sometimes the remix can be interesting. For example, I liked SyFy's version of Wizard of OZ . Alice wasn't as good as Tin man, but it was still interesting.

Then you have 7 dwarfs.
A really off the wall retelling of sleeping beauty.

Snow White and the Huntsman might be interesting. I am curious about the recent retelling of red riding hood.

miiih

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by miiih

The Green Mile was an awesome adaptation! Kubrick's Shining wasn't too good; it changed too much.

yeah but to be fair, NO ONE could do, The shining, justice in a mere two hour movie adaptation. Lets compare the tv mini-series which was very much like the book to Kubricks Shining....,Kubricks shining is not only more entertaining, it actually captures the feeling of the shining more than the mini-series which King wrote the screenplay for. Theres plenty of good king movies, it just happens that most are shit. Have you seen Storm of the century? That mini series was amazing little treat.

ADarksideJedi
Even through the movie looks interesting I reather that they don't make another Snow White movie when Disney made a great one and it should not be remade.

Impediment
Merged the threads together.

siriuswriter
I just saw a Grimm's Brothers Snow White - "Snow White - a Tale of Terror" - with Sigourney Weaver as the always beautiful but evil Countess and Sam Neill as the guy who simply doesn't know what he's getting into Count. There was only one dwarf in the group that Lilliana ran to - there were originally six, but two died in the Witch's attempt to kill Lilli. They were all outlaws who were in some way corporeally punished by the Count - but it was believable and a good twist on the dwarves. Honestly, I don't see how a Snow White remake that's supposed to be gritty can keep the idea of the seven dwarves - it's just so... unrealistic and cutsey - perfect for Disney, but not for a movie where they might show the huntsman killing a fawn or whatever instead of Snow White.

quanchi112
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I just saw a Grimm's Brothers Snow White - "Snow White - a Tale of Terror" - with Sigourney Weaver as the always beautiful but evil Countess and Sam Neill as the guy who simply doesn't know what he's getting into Count. There was only one dwarf in the group that Lilliana ran to - there were originally six, but two died in the Witch's attempt to kill Lilli. They were all outlaws who were in some way corporeally punished by the Count - but it was believable and a good twist on the dwarves. Honestly, I don't see how a Snow White remake that's supposed to be gritty can keep the idea of the seven dwarves - it's just so... unrealistic and cutsey - perfect for Disney, but not for a movie where they might show the huntsman killing a fawn or whatever instead of Snow White. That film was rather dark. It also got pretty blasphemous at the end.

The Charlize snow white looks pretty good from the preview.

Esau Cairn
Ever read Neil Gaiman's take on Snow White?

Very dark & incestuous.

siriuswriter
Gregory Maguire also has a version out, called "Mirror, Mirror." It's a bit trippy, only like Gregory Maguire can be trippy. But it uses the Borgia family - Lucrezia Borgia is in the role of the evil queen. I haven't read it for a long time but it was very good the first time.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by quanchi112
That film was rather dark. It also got pretty blasphemous at the end.

The Charlize snow white looks pretty good from the preview.

Oh yeah. I definitely agree with you there.

I think that once they went down the road of the Countess practicing Dark Magick, they kinda let that concept run away with them, especially with the voodoo baby being brought back to life. But I really liked how they did the bit with the mirror like "The Picture of Dorian Grey," you know, stab the mirror, stab the real Countess.

Kazenji
To the folks who think this movie does'nt look that good

then i suppose you'll like the other one thats coming erm

kpLVO396eHs

steverules_2
Oh dear God ugh3

quanchi112
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Oh yeah. I definitely agree with you there.

I think that once they went down the road of the Countess practicing Dark Magick, they kinda let that concept run away with them, especially with the voodoo baby being brought back to life. But I really liked how they did the bit with the mirror like "The Picture of Dorian Grey," you know, stab the mirror, stab the real Countess. It's about time you were right. Glad you've come around.

Robtard
First half of the trailer I thought "ok, might be decent fantasy", then it turned to shit. Kristin somehow being better looking than Charlize? LoLz. Kristen in armor at the end of the trailer? Face-Palm.

wakkawakkawakka
Uh...just saw the trailer and the first thing that came to mind was: why the hell is Kristin Stewart in this?

Then I processed the whole trailer and found it kind of silly for Snow White to be fighting battles and stuff. Not to sound sexist or anything but it's Snow White, what the hell is she supposed to do?

Oh and Rob...where does Kristin look better than Charlize? mad

Robtard
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

Oh and Rob...where does Kristin look better than Charlize? mad

She doesn't, which was my point.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall / Who is the most beautiful of all?"

siriuswriter
Mirror, Mirror trailer - 1/5. It's like one of those films were all the good jokes are in the trailer. Eugh, not seeing that one. But the girl playing Snow White reminds me very much of Audrey Tatou... which is why I gave it even one star.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by quanchi112
It's about time you were right. Glad you've come around.

I might say the same of you. big grin

steverules_2
I don't get why Kristen is in this movie...I thought Snow White was meant to be beautiful...and female, Kristen is none of these

roughrider
So it wants to be like the recent Clive Owen version of King Arthur, or the Gerard Butler version of Beowulf - be a more 'realistic' take on the story that inspired the legend?
There is some promise here, with Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth. It's Kristen Stewart that could be the liability; she's getting lots of ridicule outside of the Twilight hardcore faithful.

Compared to the jaw-dropping ridiculous trailer of the other Snow White film with Julia Roberts - Mirror Mirror - this looks much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLVO396eHs

Plus, this one has Ian McShane as a dwarf. WIN!

siriuswriter
Kristen Stewart has done more than Twilight. I just watched Panic Room, and she was decent enough in that movie.

dadudemon
The "Mirror Mirror" trailer looks better than "Snow White and the Huntsman" TBH.

It's because it does not try and take itself seriously.

I'd rather see a movie that was going for "childeshly silly" rather than one that tries to be serious but ends up being childeshly silly.

wakkawakkawakka
Awww...what did Thor ever do to you? Still anticipate this movie to be crap. Still I can't really hate on something I don't know exactly.

dadudemon
Awww...what did Thor ever do to you? Still anticipate this movie to be crap. Still I can't really hate on something I don't know exactly.

Thor?

I'm confused. I mentioned it in the Flux thread...but not here.

I gave Thor a 7 out of 10. That's a great score. The highest I give out are "9s" because no movie is a perfect 10: there are always mistakes.

wakkawakkawakka
I was joking about Chirs Hemsworth being in this movie. Which reminds me, suprised more teen chicks aren't jealous of Stewart, considering the buff people she cos-stars with.

And I gave Thor an 8 just because of Anthony Hopkins.

dadudemon
I was joking about Chirs Hemsworth being in this movie.

AHA!

Makes sense, now.

Which reminds me, suprised more teen chicks aren't jealous of Stewart, considering the buff people she cos-stars with.

Is this you way of coming out of the closet? no expression

Flyattractor
It has probably been said several times but I am to drunk to read thru all 3 pages of replies,but whatshername from Zarthara aint good looking enough to be Snow White.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by dadudemon

Is this you way of coming out of the closet? no expression
Please....I'm much less discreet than that. stick out tongue

Though I will point out that Ms. Average Joe probably isn't working with anyone not totally ripped anymore. A bit unfair to both genders in a way.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
It has probably been said several times but I am to drunk to read thru all 3 pages of replies,but whatshername from Zarthara aint good looking enough to be Snow White.
Kristen Stewart...and yes there should have been another actor found. Though to be honest, Stewart probably going to be bringing in all the money sad

siriuswriter
I was thinking that Charlize and Hemsworth would be big draws....

OOOOH, you're talking about the teeny-bopper crowd.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by dadudemon
The "Mirror Mirror" trailer looks better than "Snow White and the Huntsman" TBH.

It's because it does not try and take itself seriously.

I'd rather see a movie that was going for "childeshly silly" rather than one that tries to be serious but ends up being childeshly silly.

That's pretty well put. I will probably see Mirror Mirror just for Tarsem's visuals. It's hard to believe that's the same director who gave us The Cell and Immortals. I guess he wants to branch out and do something not so intense.

The more serious adventure take looks like it could be fun, too, though.

Kazenji
Jh1fuecA2Pw

siriuswriter
Okay, this looks awesome. I'm trying to be positive about teh Stewart factor - both her costars from Twilight have done other and better things, so at least the Star Wars curse isn't hanging around it. She's done other movies before and been perfectly fine. PLUS Charlize Theron PLUS Chris Hemsworth. I've watched the featurettes on costumes, characters, armies, and such, and there just seems to be many many reasons why it should be a good movie.

Esau Cairn
It visually looks good but after watching that 5min trailer...the plot is very predictable.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
It visually looks good but after watching that 5min trailer...the plot is very predictable.

^

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6034/transformersfacepalm.jpg

the ninjak
Looks awesome.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji
^

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6034/transformersfacepalm.jpg

You, me...behind Maccas at Chinatown. NOW!!!

I'll give you facepalm stick out tongue mad stick out tongue

Placidity
Originally posted by steverules_2
I don't get why Kristen is in this movie...I thought Snow White was meant to be beautiful...and female, Kristen is none of these

Agree. Terrible, terrible choice for the lead role. They are probably just using her to attract the Twilight fanbase, which is pretty huge. Obviously sales is their bottom line, not making a good movie. Stewart will not deliver, I am almost certain of it.

I am having trouble thinking of a suitable actress - anyone have suggestions?

Charlize is (still) smoking.

Kazenji
What else is new people only know Kristen Stewart from her roles in the twilight movies.

Placidity
What else is new people only know Kristen Stewart from her roles in the twilight movies.

Actually I recognized her immediately from Zathura (lol) when I first saw her in Twilight.

I don't know if you are defending her as an actress or not, but doesn't matter what else she has been in, she is just bad at acting.

Patient_Leech
This looks entertaining, at least. I never would have thought the story of Snow White could be made into a LOTR-style epic..

Originally posted by Placidity
Agree. Terrible, terrible choice for the lead role. They are probably just using her to attract the Twilight fanbase, which is pretty huge. Obviously sales is their bottom line, not making a good movie. Stewart will not deliver, I am almost certain of it.

I am having trouble thinking of a suitable actress - anyone have suggestions?

Scarlett Johansson. thumb up thumb up Or maybe Jessica Alba. thumb up

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Scarlett Johansson.

She's too old for the character now

Not sure about that....she failed at playing a hero type with Susan Storm.

Patient_Leech
Well I have no idea what Susan Storm is, but...

She's too old for the character now

She's like 26.. I don't consider that too old! Besides a little movie-magic makeup could make her look even younger.

Kazenji
Well I have no idea what Susan Storm is, but...

Fantastic Four ????

wakkawakkawakka
Well I'd see no problem with Scarlett Johanson. Anne Hathaway could've possibly worked for the role as well.

But even when I look past Twilight I still can't see the appeal of Kristen Stewart.

Patient_Leech
Fantastic Four ????

Sorry, I'm not a big fan. So you think she's better as a damsel in distress type (i.e. Sin City; God I love that movie... roll eyes (sarcastic) )

If Scarlett Johannson was the lead in this, you'd have to fight me tooth and nail to keep me from the midnight showing... stick out tongue

Kazenji
Sorry, I'm not a big fan. So you think she's better as a damsel in distress type (i.e. Sin City; God I love that movie... roll eyes (sarcastic) )

Yeah she's better off playing a princess in distress.

Patient_Leech
My special lady expressed some rather enthusiastic interest in seeing this, so I'll probably see it this weekend. It's gotten some mixed reviews (RT), but sounds like it'll at least be entertaining. It's all just to hold me over until next weekend when Prometheus drops... oh sweeeet lord...

marwash22
^ no need to lie about your reasoning for watching this.

It looks good so I'm going to see it with or without my girl.

super pr*xy
i am actually anticipating this movie.. two words: charlize theron.. that girl that married the sparkly skin pale immortal dude, not so much..

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by marwash22
^ no need to lie about your reasoning for watching this.

It looks good so I'm going to see it with or without my girl.

Lol, but seriously... if she didn't express such interest I'd probably wait for DVD or something. *shrug*

Originally posted by super pr*xy
i am actually anticipating this movie.. two words: charlize theron.. that girl that married the sparkly skin pale immortal dude, not so much..

Haha, yeah, bad Snow White casting, I agree. They clearly just wanted the Twilight crowd. Charlize Theron is older, but she's still hotter.

Patient_Leech
This was Snow White for the Hot Topic / Emo crowd. It has a pretty impressive production and Charlize Theron is a good evil Queen, but Kristen Stewart is a terrible Snow White and it just didn't have the charm that it should have had, imo. I think it's pretty obvious that casting Stewart was just a gimmick to get Twilight fans in the theater to see it, cuz she's definitely not a good Snow White. There is some humor, though, which helped the film a lot, I think. I'd say wait for DVD or something. I actually liked Mirror Mirror better. It had real dwarves. I felt kind of cheated that the dwarves weren't real little people... lol

The troll was my favorite part, though. That part was cool.

Esau Cairn
What publicity I've read...they're comparing Stewart's role to more of Joan Of Arc rather than the "Snow White" angle...

marwash22
^ yup.

Leech, you must have not seen any of the interviews or press releases 'cause she's supposed to be a stark contrast to the source material; from the start they said she has an edge and that she's not the wide eyed damsel in distress type.

gonna see this today.

Myth
Or maybe Jessica Alba. thumb up

She is too tan to play Snow White.

Anyway, just saw this movie. Expected to hate it. Found it enjoyable. 6.5/10

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by marwash22
Leech, you must have not seen any of the interviews or press releases 'cause she's supposed to be a stark contrast to the source material; from the start they said she has an edge and that she's not the wide eyed damsel in distress type.

No, I didn't read any of the press releases or whatever, but that's all fine and good. What doesn't make sense, though is that if Snow White was to die, then it would have given the Queen all the power she needed, so for Snow White to go sticking her neck out like she does seems a bit foolish. *shrug* Good production, but poor script/dialogue in my opinion. The script and story could have been polished a bit more to match the production value. And the ending seemed very understated when it should have been a bit more extravagant. I think they were afraid to stray from the dark/emo style too much, which was kind of dumb.

Anyway, I don't really recommend it, other than for (very) mindless entertainment. Some of the visuals do look pretty cool on the big screen, though.

And another thing the movie sort of avoids bringing up: The 7 dwarves sneaking into the castle... how the hell did they get in via that tunnel on the cliff? They just sort of skip past all that, but it seems like it would have been quite a task.

Kazenji
Still going to see it when it gets released later this month.

super pr*xy
not bad for an original take on the movie.. i was hoping for the troll to be in a more badass scene, but after the screaming match with snow white, it ran away.. meh.. for some reason there were 8 dwarves.. well, one died, so there you go there.. maybe an extra one for "expandability." and charlize.. hot damn, she was a good evil queen.. all i kept thinking when she was there being evil and shit is "f*ck, that is one psycho b!tch!" the part where she fed the people her bath milk was the bitchiest part..

as for casting stewart, it was a success because there were a shit load of twi-hards out there.. as for the role itself, not so much.. there is a part where she gives a monologue to the soldiers.. you know the part where you normally get chills, like when william wallace, king theoden and the president from independence day gave their speeches, and then you just know they were gonna f*ck shit up.. she didn't have that.. not sure if standards are too high, or stewart has magic sucking powers.. this is the part where that futurama fry meme is supposed to go..

Patient_Leech
...as for the role itself, not so much.. there is a part where she gives a monologue to the soldiers.. you know the part where you normally get chills, like when william wallace, king theoden...

Yeah, as I saw that part, I was thinking, "Okay, here is her chance to impress," and it was a disappointment like everything else she does.

BruceSkywalker
just got back and saw this..

interesting take on Snow White..

i liked it, but wanted just a wee but more, still though 7/10

Patient_Leech
Mediocrity at best...

5/10

http://celebpromoter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Snow-White-And-The-Huntsman-Troll.jpg

Trollin

Zack Fair
how did Chris perform? Thor-level?

WhiteWitchKing
Will see this tomorrow. Hemsworth and Charlize are the draw for this movie. The storyline looks interesting. Snow white actress is boring and bland looking tho.

Anyone have a suggestion for a better actress to play this role?

I'll go with Anne Hathaway. She's not as beautiful as Charlize but she's way above Kristen in beauty and talent.

http://www.moviespad.com/photos/anne-hathaway-feet-75e39.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uLxw32rorqI/TSGjCvbe2BI/AAAAAAAAAu0/Kb9IZNJUksM/s1600/Anne+Hathaway2.jpg http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6iVwXmzWGdI/TcWHLvTarNI/AAAAAAAAFY4/2vHsVVaMlP0/s1600/anne-hathaway-catwoman.jpg http://www.hotbollywoodactress.net/data/media/116/ann2.jpg

Myth
Hathaway would have been perfect because of her ability to pull off pale skin/dark hair/red noticeable lips while skill looking pretty.

WhiteWitchKing
"Snow" White (Queen) lol

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hjcXYL1FNv4/ToZOzb71QkI/AAAAAAAAAfU/lzTqZxUKFyc/s1600/Anne+Hathaway+as+the+White+Queen.jpg

http://www.123-hairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Anne-Hathaway-hairstyle.jpg

http://media1.break.com/breakstudios/2011/10/25/Anne%20Hathaway.jpg

Yeah, she could at least pull off the more beautiful than Charlize better than Stewart.

super pr*xy
there was also a scene lifted right out of princess mononoke.. if you've seen princess mononoke before, you would know exactly which scene i am referring to..

Myth
The movie seemed to borrow lots from other movies.

ares834

Yep. This movie has a major plot hole; we're supposed to believe that Kirsten Stewart's character will be more beautiful than Charlize Theron's. Needless to say my suspension of disbelief shattered... And I haven't even seen the movie yet.

crowmartin304
Good link Thanks

Patient_Leech
Hathaway would obviously be a much better choice than Stewart (just about anybody would be, lol), but I'm not sure how likeable she can be. Seems like I've always seen her in kind of bitchy roles (but I haven't really seen her in too much, I guess). She does seem like a pretty good actress, though, so I imagine she can pull of anything she needs to.

Originally posted by ares834
Yep. This movie has a major plot hole; we're supposed to believe that Kirsten Stewart's character will be more beautiful than Charlize Theron's. Needless to say my suspension of disbelief shattered... And I haven't even seen the movie yet.

Yeah, man, and that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to plot holes in this film. I think this movie is a poorly thought-out artless commercial attempt with good production, and what hurt it the most was trying to ride the Twilight fan-base by casting Kristen Stewart.

siriuswriter
I think that by casting Charlize Theron as the Evil Queen perfection, by the way] limited the choices majorly of who could be Snow White. Lily Collins, who played Snow in Mirror, Mirror, was older, or at least seemed older.

I always think of that girl who's the oldest sister in "A Series of Unfortunate Events."

*looking for picture*

http://samueltina.blognownow.com/uploads/emily_browning_pic_04.jpg

Emily Browning - she was the girl in Sucker Punch. Would have made a perfect "rebellious, leader of the army, eloquent enough for a "Before We All Die" speech, etc." Snow White.

Jay-sus. I really wish casting would take their heads out of Twilight's sparkly white arse. They tried to cast Robert Pattinson in the second Hunger Games movie... gladly he didn't want it.

super pr*xy
the part that boggled me the most was when snow white started praying.. there were no indications of faith through out the movie.. it was one scene out of the blue, not connected to anything.. not to her father or father's death, not her mother or mother's death.. it was just so odd to see it when then there is magic everywhere.. kind of a small, nitpick plot hole, but still..

Kazenji
Back from seeing it as it open this week in Australia

Liked it with what they did with it 8/10

I actually liked Mirror Mirror better. It had real dwarves. I felt kind of cheated that the dwarves weren't real little people... lol.

That's like saying they should've used small people for Lord Of The Rings with the Hobbit's....seriously who cares they can wonders with movie special effects these days

Yeah i noticed that too....someone screw up while editing the movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.