The Legacy of the Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Looks to be an interesting book. Shows a bit of Dooku's past, and of Qui-Gon's past. In fact, it has a young Dooku and young Qui-Gon on the cover, as well as Obi-Wan and Anakin. Although, Dooku does look kinda like a dork as a kid.

http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/03/news20030318.html

GordonSkywalker
I just heard about this. It looks exciting. The idea of doing a book covering (at least in part) the apprenticeships of Count Dooku and then Qui-Gon Jinn is a noble effort to answer some of the questions we've had since AOTC came out last year.It is a bit eerie though. I dreamed of something like this back when they started the Jedi Apprentice series by JUde Watson.

Julie
looks like I'm gonna have to save my pennies:-)

GordonSkywalker
I s it going to be a hardback or paperback first?

Julie
I believe paperback...but that could just be imagining things.

GordonSkywalker
I prefer paperbacks than hardcovers, generally speaking.

Corran
I'll have to get this, see if it doesgive any further insight.

Julie
Paperbacks are cool just because they are a lot cheaper:-)

GordonSkywalker
You're telling me! Hardbacks here usually run up to $30, but are greatly reduced if you can find them in used bookstores. Something like $10 for hardbacks and only a few dollars for paperbacks. That's where I like to get my weekly fix on Star Wars!

Julie
ohhh...I usually buy my hardbacks from amazon ....then they're always on sale and I get them for about $18

GordonSkywalker
I've bought Dr Who films online from them before. I prefer amazon than ebay.

Julie
I don't go on ebay...haven't figured the whole thing out

GordonSkywalker
They're not as reliable.

Julie
well I'll stick to Amazon for now then....they seem to be reliable....

GordonSkywalker
Trust me, they're the best general online store.

Julie
sometimes I use barnes and noble...but not usually....I hardly buy books online anyway.....but sometimes it is cheaper when i get free shipping at amazon so when I do buy that's who i go with...cheap is good....in monetary terms anyway

GordonSkywalker
I just go to the next town to their Barnes and Nobles store. I didn't realise they were online.

Julie
barnes and noble..is ok, but in the regular stores you have to pay full price most of the time

GordonSkywalker
$30 for the latest in Star Trek AND Star Wars hardcovers!

Captain REX
I have a bookstore just down the street from me, so I go there.

It will be paperback first, I believe. Dooku still looks like a dork though.

GordonSkywalker
You think that, too? This should be very interesting, I think. So what is Dooku's full name? I can't believe he would have the "Count" title that far back! And do you think he is the reason Yoda only trains "younglings" now, at the Jedi Temple, instead of taking on actual apprentices?

Julie
no not really...I think that Yoda probably trains the younglings because he's just the right size wink
Yes Dooku looks like a dork..and it could happen that he got the title by birthright and so even as a kid is considered a "count"

GordonSkywalker
Ah, like an heiress to the throne or something....very cool idea.

Julie
uh actually I think Dooku would be heir...but hey technicalities big grin
yes a young count....they could have done a better job of making him young though

Captain REX
Like I said, he looks like a dork. big grin

Actually, I stumbled upon his full name on TheForce.Net once, but now I've lost it forever. It was Count J------ Dooku. I just remember his first name started with a J, count being a title and Dooku being his last name.

Julie
Oh he's a man of mystery this Count J------- Dooku
Never trust a count:-)

GordonSkywalker
Counts can be tricky.

Julie
tricky.....yes..
next topic....besides how awful Dooku looks

GordonSkywalker
What IS the next topic?

Julie
hmmm.....why didn't anyone say anything about how the other characters on that cover looked/

GordonSkywalker
Maybe because we're used to how the others look, except that wouldn't be true for a younger Qui-Gon Jinn.

Member.
hm...

Julie
at least he looks normal!!!!!!!!! wink

GordonSkywalker
I always thought the young Obi-Wan Kenobi was well realised in TPM . Perhaps a young Qui-Gon Jinn will also be in this new book.

Julie
Yes they did a good job with young obi

Captain REX
Young Qui-Gon Jinn looks cool. He's got a blue saber to match his outfit and show he's a learner.

Julie
yes...everybody is young at one point or another....

GordonSkywalker
Even Time Lords.

Julie
????....it's a natural process.....time must march on

GordonSkywalker
I can hear the drums as the marching of time continues.....Soon it will be time for Legacy of the Jedi to be released!

Julie
yess......well I forget...yet again...when it comes out...but I know that Shatterpoint is coming out in may

GordonSkywalker
That will be cool. Something to look forward to.

Julie
yes indeed.....Matrix, new star wars book, end of school.....oh what joy...now if only this star wars cartoon would come out too...

GordonSkywalker
Oh it will! I for one am looking forward to it when it debuts later this year.

Julie
what do you people think of the title of the book....it sounds kinda....well just ok

GordonSkywalker
The title is a bit bland and not exciting enough if you ask me.

Julie
eh it's ok, but I believe they probably could have done better.....not my story so I'll just "deal" with the title......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.