The Cazador (Fallout: New Vegas)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/e/e4/Cazador.png
The Cazador.

You thought the Deathclaws were bad enough in the Mojave Wasteland, try fighting a swarm of Cazadores. Unless you have a very high level, copious amounts of antivenom, high-grade explosives to cripple the wings or the Alien Blaster, you're boned. If you're dealing with the Legendary or the Giant Cazador...pray.

Best way to deal with these bastards is either the explosives or a silenced high-powered firearm.

From Fallout Wiki:

Cazadores are tarantula hawk wasps, which have been mutated by Dr. Borous in the laboratories of the Big MT.

The resulting creatures have distinctive amber-orange wings, a blue-black carapace and blood-red eyes. They have a fast and rather erratic flight movement and a venomous attack which can lead to a quick death if it succeeds in poisoning the target. The spikes on their back inflate and deflate when idle and attacking.

Cazadores are more common in mountainous regions of the Mojave. They chew wood fiber and mold it into a paper pulp with which they create large basket-shaped nests, many of which can be seen at places such as Bonnie Springs, the road heading towards Jacobstown, and the boathouse at Callville Bay. The cazadores' original breeding ground in Big MT is the Z-14 Pepsinae DNA splicing lab.

While a sting from a young cazador isn't highly damaging, the sting of an adult deals notably more damage. They are very fast and hard to escape from without crippling their wings. They attack in large swarms, while covering a large area.

Curiously, cazadores cannot swim but will always try to follow the player into the water, at which point they will quickly drown. Crippling a wing via V.A.T.S. slows them down immensely and disables their ability to fly. They will continue to scamper towards the player at a surprisingly fast rate however. Crippling their legs only slows their speed moderately.

Young Cazador: Young cazadores are often found near other cazadores in mountainous regions (presumably members of the same colony, hive, or swarm). Young cazadores are identical in appearance to regular cazadores but are about 3/4 to 1/2 the size. Though their poison is weaker than that of the adults, they have an above average Agility in addition to their small size , making them harder to hit than the more matured cazadors.

They also prove to be quite a hassle because of their swarming tactic, which involves the entire group swarming their target in an attempt to overwhelm it via numerical Strength.

Standard Cazador: Cazadores are large with distinctive orange wings, a blue-black carapace, blood-red eyes, a spiky upper abdomen, and a high and rather erratic flight speed. Cazadores are common in mountainous regions in the Mojave Desert, and go around in groups of 2-5.

Legendary Cazador: The only one of its kind, the legendary cazador has twice as many hit points and significantly more attack power than a normal adult cazador. The legendary cazador is one of the four legendary creatures found in the Mojave Wasteland. It is encountered at the end of the cazador-infested Silver Peak Mine. Sometimes it will show up after the player clears out all the other cazadores or after reaching the second floor of the cave. It spawns from an overhead tunnel on the second floor, a nasty surprise for players who don't pay attention to whats above them.

Giant Cazador: Giant cazadores are encountered all over Zion Canyon as part of the Honest Hearts add-on. They are one of the most vicious creatures in the add-on, and can be found in various locations outside of Eastern Virgin and the Sorrows Camp. They are usually in groups of around three, but it is not uncommon to see groups of other sizes. And as their name implies, they are much larger than a normal cazador.

Specimen 73: A unique cazador found in The Z-14 Pepsinae DNA splicing lab in the Big MT. Judging by the name it was probably some sort of experiment. It is a stronger and more powerful version of a regular cazador and even has more health than the legendary cazador. The main advantage of this unique cazador, though, is its incredible speed.

dadudemon
I never found them to be difficult to handle, even at lower levels. My first play through I accidentally had the difficulty set to hard. I did not know this until about 3/4s the way in. I always play games through on their easy setting before trying to play them on hard.

That said, I died only once while playing, against a swarm of Cazador: it was from the stacking poison. I didn't heal myself at all because I did not think they were that bad so I eventually bit the dust due to my own idiocy. They are easy to take out and I never saw why people complained about them. I had much more trouble with the giant rad scorpions of those desert areas. I died probably a dozen times against those guys when trying to clear them out. I was only level 7, though...which may explain a few things.

How to kill the cazador: snipe them out. It is best to run around with Boone or ED-E because they can take out half of them as you run across them...before they get to you. Just be sure to take some out as they start their approach.

Snafu the Great
The Radscorpions were easy to me, so long as I had a fire-based weapon. It's those damn Cazadores. Which is why I use the silenced sniper rifle or the grenade launcher to take them down.

Nephthys
Cazadors are fine in small numbers or if you have high VATS. The problem is their ****ing speed. Unless they get caught on something those bastards are too quick to hit easily. When I run out of VATS I usually just fire blind and hope to get lucky.

Thats why I always take out their wings first with VATS. A grounded Cazador is a dead Cazador.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
The Radscorpions were easy to me, so long as I had a fire-based weapon. It's those damn Cazadores. Which is why I use the silenced sniper rifle or the grenade launcher to take them down.

See, I always used the YCS 186 sniper-gauss rifle. You can get it early on in each play through: just turn off the wild wasteland...which I always found to be useless. I do not like the Alien pistol as it is not that "good".

So, I never had problems with the Cazzies. The sniper rifle takes out 2 or 3 and your teammate gets the other 2 or 3 before they get to you....most of the time.

It was thise mo-fuggin' giant radscorpions that got me early on in each of my play throughs. Bassturds. no expression

Nephthys
Oh, so you never had a problem with them because you cheated and got the most powerful weapon in the game right at the start.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nephthys
Oh, so you never had a problem with them because you cheated and got the most powerful weapon in the game right at the start.

1. I played the game multiple times through. I have indicated that, already, in previous posts.

2. There's no such thing as cheating when it is a part of the game while also not being part of the cheat console.

3. My first play through I came upon the mercenaries on accident because ED-E went after them when I was looking for a way around the mountain into ranger station F.

4. I was already a level 17 by that point on my first play through...and I had it set to hard (without realizing).

However, I know you're just trolling. smile

Keep in mind that I had to pass a group, which I did, of multiple cazador to get to the Ranch. I also killed them with ease...using the cowboy repeater and ED-E. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.