Bane vs Green Goblin (Slugfeat)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
I would pay so much to see this fight... So who wins, Mr. Muscle, or the psycho?

JakeTheBank
Well, Bane would need to be on Venom to not die.

Stoic
Yep did it again with the title ha ha ha. I meant Slugfest.

Sixth_Winged
Green Goblin no doubt

BUSTER1
Osbourne is physically on the same level as classic Spiderman, but he is a psycho who won't hold back.

Bane is toast!

Lord Feron
I think bane is a better fighter that might give him a win (idk out of ten but a win somewhere). BUt GG is physically greater than Bane across the board.

Prep-Man
Bane went up against HM, who is superior to Osborn in strength and durability. Bane.

Bouboumaster
Bane lose his head after the first punch.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Bane lose his head after the first punch.

Not likely.

Stoic
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Bane went up against HM, who is superior to Osborn in strength and durability. Bane.

Who is HM?

Bentley
Hour Man.

He did win that combat through better fighting skills though. GG has super speed too.

Prep-Man
HM has enhanced speed, reflexes, and durability. All surpassing GG.

Bentley
Mmmmh... Prove Hour Man is faster than Osborn.

And frankly, if he is, Bane beating him would be major PIS.

Prep-Man
That's what the miracle drug is for. Enhance all your stats. And here is Bane taking a punch from Super Bat(With Superman's power) and then a blast of heat vision. Yes, this was when Bane was ON Venom.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/sb054019.jpg/

Bouboumaster
Osborn is a 10 tons and fight with Spider-Man.
He would crush both Bane AND Batman at the same time.

JakeTheBank
Even on Venom, I really don't see Bane beating Stormin' Norman.

cdtm
Osborn has enhanced speed?

I know he's a ten tonner in strength, but I haven't seen anything that puts him remotely on Peter's level in speed.. That's why Green Goblin uses bombs, because the area explosion somewhat makes up for his speed/reflex advantage..

SamZED
He's not Spider-man fast but still fast. There were examples of him moving faster than human eye reacts. Also several impressive speed showings when fighting Peter. But apparently he needs to be in his Golbin persona to use the powers.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Osborn is a 10 tons and fight with Spider-Man.
He would crush both Bane AND Batman at the same time.

That's it? Azrael on Venom has lifted similar weight class. Not impressed.

BruceSkywalker
if Bane has prep he wins.. Gobby after a nice fight..

JakeTheBank
What did Azrael lift in the ten ton range?

At his best, he was clearly stronger than Batman and was very low level superhuman, but not meta range like Spider-Man.

Prep-Man
He lifted a huge tree over his head easily. Trees like that weigh around 5-10 tons.

Also, Bane has taken similar beings in Osborne's weight class. Like tanking a punch from Super Bat. Batman with Superman's power class.

JakeTheBank
That tree scene you're thinking of, while impressive, is also not what I'd call on par with Spider-Man. The tree was fallen over and in the middle of the road and while it was a big tree, I don't think it was a Redwood or anything like that.

If Azrael was a ten tonner, he would have beaten Batman worse than he already did, and he was still able to no sell Bat's best "board breaking" punches.

And if Batman used even an iota of Superman's true power, he could have one shot him without killing him or even causing lasting harm. Either Batman wasn't effectively utilizing his Kryptonian powers or it was PIS.

Prep-Man
That was AFTER he got his venom upgrade. Bane injected him with the best venom. LATER Azrael took it to Batman.

Prep-Man
Let's not forget that Azrael swung that giant statue like it was nothing. He's easily around that range.

Mindset
Lol at the Batman fight not being PIS.

"You're not holding back"

Yet Bane doesn't have a mark on him...OK.

JakeTheBank
Mindset is correct, per usual.

Mindset
Pretty sure Nightwing took hits from him too.

Prep-Man
bane is actually pretty durable. Able to take a huge explosion in a warehouse or whatever point blank and able to walk out like it was nothing. I doubt Norman's punches won't do as much damage.

And as we saw in the last Secret Six arc, the SS were on Venom and taking on some of DC's most powerful heroes.

Gotta give respect where respect is due. Sorry. I don't write this stuff.

One more thing, but IIRC, Giganta tossed Bane around as well. Yet, Bane was able to walk it off.

Mindset
None of that is even comparable to a Batman with Superman's strength not holding back and hitting Bane with no effect.

Plenty of street level characters have taken explosions and hits from Class 100s though.

Including GG.

Prep-Man
Giganta is close to 100 and SS on venom were going up against the League, so the feats are there. Either way, I don't see GG hurting Bane. Eventually he will, but Bane is a better fighter, so...

Mindset
And Superman is many times stronger than her. So what are Bane's feats on venom, he took hits from Superbat, which Nightwing did, and got tossed around by Giganta?

Osborn has taken out Mr. Hyde and without much effort, iirc.

So...

Prep-Man
Giganta is many times stronger than Osborne, so...

Which is why he won't be one-shotting him.

Mindset
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Giganta is many times stronger than Osborne, so...

Which is why he won't be one-shotting him. And Mr. Hyde is many times stronger and more durable than Bane, so...

I wasn't aware anyone in this thread said he was going to be onshotted.

Prep-Man
Well, now you do.

Mindset
OK, I don't really care since I didn't say it.

Prep-Man
Never said you did.

Mindset
I never said you did.

Prep-Man
Good to know.

Mindset
Concession accepted.

Prep-Man
Nice try. shifty

Bentley
So GG wins?

Prep-Man
Depends on what kind of venom Bane is on. Overall, he's a better fighter, so I can see Bane putting up one hell of a fight.

Bentley
Slugfests kind of benefit the less skilled fighter.

Prep-Man
Not all cases.

Bentley
Here it does!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.