Lord Mar-Vell vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
1. Mar-Vell versus Pre-Flashpoint/Mainstream Superman
2. Mar-Vell versus sun-amped Pre-Flashpoint/Mainstream Superman

Sr J-Bieb
I agree with everyone who said Mar-Vell

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
I agree with everyone who said Mar-Vell

http://gifsoup.com/view4/1221133/creepy-smile-o.gif

Cogito
Superman and Thor are two heralds who routinely bust into the Trans tier. I think if needed, and motivated, both could give Mar-vell a run for his money in their base states.

Both have done more impressive things, unamped, than Mar-vell ever did. That's a fact, and unquestionable at that.

So yeah, I think scenario 1 Superman could take a few. Scenario 2 I think he takes the majority.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Cogito
Superman and Thor are two heralds who routinely bust into the Trans tier. I think if needed, and motivated, both could give Mar-vell a run for his money in their base states.

Both have done more impressive things, unamped, than Mar-vell ever did. That's a fact, and unquestionable at that.

So yeah, I think scenario 1 Superman could take a few. Scenario 2 I think he takes the majority.

thumb up

Slaanesh
Mar-Vell easily..he's just more powerful..

SquallX

quanchi112
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Mar-Vell easily..he's just more powerful.. thumb up

Stoic

The thing here is that Mar-Vell has shown that he can deal with the non mystical type opponent, because of his use of magic. Thor would do far better against Mar-Vell than Superman.

Cogito
Originally posted by Stoic
The thing here is that Mar-Vell has shown that he can deal with the non mystical type opponent, because of his use of magic. Thor would do far better against Mar-Vell than Superman.

When did Lord Mar-Vell use magic?

vince_slice
When did Lord Mar-Vell use magic? There's the Cthulu like red energy spell he used against the annihilators that nearly killed them all. He used it after he exited and it caused a giant red explosion. Quasar had to combine the energies of the annihilators to shield everyone. You don't think that's impressive at all?

dmills
When did Lord Mar-Vell use magic?

Magic was the reason he was able to bypass all of Nova's defenses and bust him up like that. Rider has been punched around by people more powerful than Mar-vell, but none of them were ever able to do what Mar-vell did.

TheLordofMurder

So very true...bravo!

thumb up

Nihilist
Lord Marvell wins.

Cogito
Originally posted by vince_slice
There's the Cthulu like red energy spell he used against the annihilators that nearly killed them all. He used it after he exited and it caused a giant red explosion. Quasar had to combine the energies of the annihilators to shield everyone. You don't think that's impressive at all?

I did not take that to be magic. Just his standard energy powers. Why would he suddenly develop an affinity for magic?

Originally posted by dmills
Magic was the reason he was able to bypass all of Nova's defenses and bust him up like that. Rider has been punched around by people more powerful than Mar-vell, but none of them were ever able to do what Mar-vell did.

Speculation, at best. Nowhere was that said or implied.

Nihilist
I did not take that to be magic. Just his standard energy powers. Why would he suddenly develop an affinity for magic?Thats what the Elder gods of the cancerverse were magic, it was even stated by Thanos when he visited the necropsy site about magic being used

The Worldmind stated it.

Bentley
Yep, and it's one of the few showings in which Thanos actually shows his magic knowledge.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Bentley
Yep, and it's one of the few showings in which Thanos actually shows his magic knowledge. True which is strange really since he's studied accult/black magic for centuries.

Galan007
Marv beats 'average' Supes.
Sun-amped Supes rips him in half, however.

Juntai
Originally posted by Galan007
Sun-amped Supes rips him in half, however. This.

dmills
I did not take that to be magic. Just his standard energy powers. Why would he suddenly develop an affinity for magic?

Speculation, at best. Nowhere was that said or implied.

His power came from the Cancerverse gods. Magical beings of the highest order. Also, if you'd read Nova #36 magic is also discussed as the source of power.

How much you wanna bet?

Rage.Of.Olympus
1. Mar-Vell wins on average. Make it a blood lusted Clark or some such and the outcome could change.

2. Sun-amped or Dipped? Superman takes if it's the former, and it's spite if he's dipped.

TheLordofMurder
Sun-amped Supes rips him in half, however.

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
1. Mar-Vell wins on average. Make it a blood lusted Clark or some such and the outcome could change.

2. Sun-amped or Dipped? Superman takes if it's the former, and it's spite if he's dipped.

thumb up

Galan007
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

2. Sun-amped or Dipped? Superman takes if it's the former, and it's spite if he's dipped. Wurd. thumb up

I always refer back to Superman/Batman when I think about what a sun-amped Supes can do. He went from being decisively below Darkseid, to shredding through him as though he were a weak feeb, just by moving within close proximity of the sun for a matter of seconds. Stick him there for a few minutes, or better yet, give him an actual sun dip, and there's no way Marv's winning. Imo.

Cogito
Originally posted by dmills
His power came from the Cancerverse gods. Magical beings of the highest order. Also, if you'd read Nova #36 magic is also discussed as the source of power.

How much you wanna bet?

My bad then. I don't have Nova #36. I'll have to take a look sometime.

TheLordofMurder
Wurd. thumb up

I always refer back to Superman/Batman when I think about what a sun-amped Supes can do. He went from being decisively below Darkseid, to shredding through him as though he were a weak feeb, just by moving within close proximity of the sun for a matter of seconds. Stick him there for a few minutes, or better yet, give him an actual sun dip, and there's no way Marv's winning. Imo.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.