Greatest Unquantifiable Feats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Hercules' lifting the Universe thing comes to mind. Who has the greatest Unquantifiable Feats???

psycho gundam
that maggedon shit

Cogito
Odin shaking the multiverse. Anyone shaking time/space for that matter.

Thor et al. godblast holding up the multiverse or some shit.

Superman, Captain Marvel, and Ultraman holding the infinite book (whatever it was called).

Pre-crisis Superman flying so fast he was going to transcend boundaries and destroy creation.

Off the top of my head. Will probably come up with more later

Badabing
Originally posted by psycho gundam
that maggedon shit http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/splash.gif

Blight
Originally posted by Badabing
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/splash.gif
You have a crush on Chang from Community! (i know that's from hangover).

Sr J-Bieb
Hulk holding up the mountain in Secret Wars

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Hulk holding up the mountain in Secret Wars http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/dc7gxv.gif

anyway, it was quantifiable cause of mountain rock can be weighed and "2 miles" of it can be approximated, plus he's done better before...twice

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/mountainsmash1.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/mountainsmash2.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/mountainsmash3.jpg

Mindset
He wasn't serial.

Igniz

JakeTheBank
Superman saving the omniverse via vibrating.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Igniz
that too goes without saying.

Damborgson

StyleTime
Heh. This thread attempts to quantify unquantifiable feats.

That is the greatest unquantifiable feat of all.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Damborgson
I dont see that as really being unquantifiable. no expression

JakeTheBank
Yeah.

Thor moving the 9 Realms? That's absurd as shit and falls into unquantifiable territory.

Bentley
According to zopzop every feat in a What If is inquantifiable because measuring values may be different in alternate realities.

angel

Damborgson
Originally posted by psycho gundam
no expression http://f.cl.ly/items/1d0X0o370A220Y3X0H2l/cain-smile-frown.gif http://chan.catiewayne.com/c/src/130756060289.jpg

zopzop
Originally posted by Bentley
According to zopzop every feat in a What If is inquantifiable because measuring values may be different in alternate realities.

angel

Don't try to be cute. Alternate reality version feats and fights have no baring on their 616 counterparts. Unless you believe a random Celestial can annihilate two IG users, yet be unable to subdue Ego without help from a human mutant.

SquallX
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

If being a Super hero don't work out for Clark, he could always become a gigolo for the female superheroes in the DCU.

Bentley
Originally posted by zopzop
Don't try to be cute. Alternate reality version feats and fights have no baring on their 616 counterparts. Unless you believe a random Celestial can annihilate two IG users, yet be unable to subdue Ego without help from a human mutant.

Powerlevels is one thing, you were claiming that the character history could be different because it wasn't happening in the What If issue.

Also, what's the point of having an angel smiley if I can't try to be cute?

zopzop
Powerlevels is one thing, you were claiming that the character history could be different because it wasn't happening in the What If issue.
It could be if the events or story contradict established 616 events.

You lost all rights to smileys the day you sold out Kang for Captain Cold. That's just nasty. mad

Bentley
It could be if the events or story contradict established 616 events.

I agree with the general sentiment. However, in the particular case we were discussing I actually explained that the backstory, explained, complemented and justified what I said.

And frankly, that What If is among the closer to the original material I've seen, unlike crap like Vulcan-gets-the-Phoenix Force which admittedly sucks gigantic ballz.

You lost all rights to smileys the day you sold out Kang for Captain Cold. That's just nasty. mad

embarrasment

Dr.SpiderHulk
Mostly anything with black holes. Superman held one open. Strange absorbed its limiteless energy and used his mastery of molecular transmutation and turned it into somethin else.

zopzop
I agree with the general sentiment. However, in the particular case we were discussing I actually explained that the backstory, explained, complemented and justified what I said.

Actually that was one of the WORST examples of What If "reality" following established 616 events. In the thread in question check the scans I posted of 616 Korvac going out of his way to hide himself from the other cosmics with special emphasis placed on Eternity. Then when the Avengers forced his hand, he was enraged because now the mighty of the universe were aware of him and the jig was up, again special emphasis was placed on Eternity. Then it ends with him committing suicide.

Yet in the What If version of events, he's exposed, doesn't kill himself and goes about his affairs as if nothing happened. In complete contradiction to 616 reality where he knew it was over because Eternity was on to him. But in that reality he doesn't encounter or mention Eternity till he reached out with his cosmic awareness to get a better grasp of reality.

Worse still, What If Eternity doesn't acknowledge Korvac at all and was absent from the cosmic council assembled to take him down. He doesn't even make an appearance till the very end when Korvac uses his CA + the UN to zap the universe.

Dr.SpiderHulk
Did not Strange say he has a universe in every skin cell of his body. so like....1000000000x a trillion trillion personal universes.

Bentley
Yet in the What If version of events, he's exposed, doesn't kill himself and goes about his affairs as if nothing happened. In complete contradiction to 616 reality where he knew it was over because Eternity was on to him. But in that reality he doesn't encounter or mention Eternity till he reached out with his cosmic awareness to get a better grasp of reality.

Worse still, What If Eternity doesn't acknowledge Korvac at all and was absent from the cosmic council assembled to take him down. He doesn't even make an appearance till the very end when Korvac uses his CA + the UN to zap the universe.

So you're claiming that absence of proof is a proof of absence? We never see Eternity for the length of the book, at the end we just glimpse at him in a sequence that mimicks Korvac aiming the Nullifier at Korvac. Yet Korvac blames the universe and claims that "every living being" is going against him, and at that very point, we get the hint that Eternity -a.k.a. the entire universe- is in motion. In the other hand, you're interpreting Eternity's absence as the notion of It not caring, and considering the contradicting proof against it, I don't see how your point holds.

And EVEN if you feel it holds, Korvac himself thinks -and has expressed this to be the case several time- that Eternity is on him, and he acts as if this was the case when he sees the armada. That's all it matters to flush away the notion of Korvac "fearing" just the armada. Panels confirm this again and again.

The What If books, follows Michael's monologue against the universe during the KS, in that way it follows pretty closely what it's stated on panel.

zopzop
So you're claiming that absence of proof is a proof of absence? We never see Eternity for the length of the book, at the end we just glimpse at him in a sequence that mimicks Korvac aiming the Nullifier at Korvac. Yet Korvac blames the universe and claims that "every living being" is going against him, and at that very point, we get the hint that Eternity -a.k.a. the entire universe- is in motion. In the other hand, you're interpreting Eternity's absence as the notion of It not caring, and considering the contradicting proof against it, I don't see how your point holds.

And EVEN if you feel it holds, Korvac himself thinks -and has expressed this to be the case several time- that Eternity is on him, and he acts as if this was the case when he sees the armada. That's all it matters to flush away the notion of Korvac "fearing" just the armada. Panels confirm this again and again.

The What If books, follows Michael's monologue against the universe during the KS, in that way it follows pretty closely what it's stated on panel.

Sorry Bentley but you are wrong! In the follow up to the story it makes it CRYSTAL clear (not that they needed to) that he was indeed addressing the armada and NOT Eternity.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5469/whatif04336.th.jpg

A) As you can see, the armada had nothing to do with Eternity and he isn't even mentioned in the flashback! Just the space armada. Exactly like I was telling you.

B)In that What If universe Eternity didn't come into the picture till AFTER Korvac used his CA to gain ultimate understanding of the universe! In complete contradiction to 616 reality.

Bentley
Don't you happen to have those Quasar pages scanned entirely? If I recall correctly the issue is narrated by a Watcher?

Anyhow, in that very page it states that Korvac wasn't scared of the armada but disheartened at the prospect of a war. So...

zopzop
Don't you happen to have those Quasar pages scanned entirely? If I recall correctly the issue is narrated by a Watcher?

Anyhow, in that very page it states that Korvac wasn't scared of the armada but disheartened at the prospect of a war. So...

The Quasar ones leave more questions than answers. Like how was Quasar able to even ENTER the damn dimension if it was blocked by BOTH Korvac AND the LT? Watcher viewing device>>>>>>>>>>>>>What If Korvac and the LT?

That previous scan I posted isn't from Quasar. It's from a follow up story to the original What IF Korvac.

Bentley
Yeah, now that you mention the Quasar issue is kind of worse, but it's also of a higher canon ermm

Let's keep that showing in mind to diss the Living Tribunal in some future occasion flirt

The scan is from the same What If issue or was it published somewhere else? (if you could give me the issue number I'll look for it)

zopzop
Yeah, now that you mention the Quasar issue is kind of worse, but it's also of a higher canon ermm

Let's keep that showing in mind to diss the Living Tribunal in some future occasion flirt

The scan is from the same What If issue or was it published somewhere else? (if you could give me the issue number I'll look for it)

I'll do better than that, here is the full scan, I didn't bother because it doesn't add anything to the Eternity discussion. It was Dr. Strange narrating using the Eye of Agamotto to reveal what happened when he was banished from the What If Korvac universe :
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5469/whatif04336.th.jpg

This is the issue it took place in :
http://marvel.wikia.com/What_If%3F_Vol_1_43

zopzop
This is the Quasar issue you are thinking about :
http://marvel.wikia.com/Quasar_Vol_1_30

The dialogue scenes with Korvac are exactly the same as they appeared in the original What If the Avengers became pawns of Korvac. So they don't help your case at all. In it, again he was addressing the armada and there is no mention of Eternity (he's not even hinted at).

Bentley
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind when I revamp the Korvac thread, many of the links inside are already broken -and the quality of the scans was as sh_tty as hell too-.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

And Lois was still a b*tch the next morning.

Bentley
Originally posted by -Pr-
And Lois was still a b*tch the next morning.

That's her super power.

-Pr-
That's her super power.

One possessed by many.

Bentley
Dude, you want a list of the number of Superman clones out there?

stick out tongue

-Pr-
Dude, you want a list of the number of Superman clones out there?

stick out tongue

hey, only one has to put up with Lois, so only one really matters. Putting up with her is a superpower unto itself.

Starscream M
hey, only one has to put up with Lois, so only one really matters. Putting up with her is a superpower unto itself. to be fair, Lois is phucking hot though

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
to be fair, Lois is phucking hot though

Like a lot of women, as hotness increases, so does bitchiness. It's a question of weighing up whether it's worth the effort.

Someone like Wonder Woman, Emma Frost or Canary? Definitely. Lois? Not imo.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Badabing
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/splash.gif

I do that move when I destroy my friend in any video game laughing out loud

dmills
Like a lot of women, as hotness increases, so does bitchiness. It's a question of weighing up whether it's worth the effort.

Someone like Wonder Woman, Emma Frost or Canary? Definitely. Lois? Not imo.

laughing out loud

ozz81
odin shaking the multiverse, superman shattering time and space with one punch.

Galan007
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I do that move when I destroy my friend in any video game laughing out loud You ejaculate on his face? ermm

Anywho...
Pre-crisis Superman's sneeze destroying a solar system.
Lobo unleashing a nuclear explosion by lighting one of his farts on fire.

lilshogun
FAntastic Four Thing able to trip Galactus. That was a feat.

nwg202
Magik leading all the Lords of hell under fer command and killing Archenemy who tore up all the Hell lords including Sutur, Mephisto, Dormammu and a ton of others, with her soul sword

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
You ejaculate on his face? ermm

Have you been letting me win this whole time!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.