Colossusnaut vs wolverine. Can/Should wolverine be able to cut him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/wolverinerespectthread/Wolverine_004_012.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33044/2055555-uncanny_x_men_543_unstoppab.jpg

Sr J-Bieb
It seems your mind is made up when you show a picture of Wolverine not cutting him...

Colossus-Big C
Bump

srankmissingnin
Cuts Colossus. Doesn't cut Colossusnaut, and if he does it doesn't matter.

Starscream M
scratches colossus...does not cut him.

tkitna
No

-Pr-
I don't see him cutting either, personally.

ColossusGrundy
He's tried before, Wolvie can't cut him, Colossusnaut or Regular

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Starscream M
scratches colossus...does not cut him.

themadsurfer
Not so sure:

StiltmanFTW
The "failed once, but did cut him in the following panels" thing happens quite often.

Vs. Hulk.

Vs. Fully Techno-Organic Cable.

Vs. Exodus.

Vs. Arcade's Murderworld, etc.

As for Colossusnaut, I pretty much agree with srank. Logan shouldn't be able to cut the powered up version as Piotr should have the forcefield and/or total invulnerability to purely physical harm. If Logan cuts him somehow, JuggerPiotr will heal.

themadsurfer
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The "failed once, but did cut him in the following panels" thing happens quite often.

Vs. Hulk.

Vs. Fully Techno-Organic Cable.

Vs. Exodus.

Vs. Arcade's Murderworld, etc.

As for Colossusnaut, I pretty much agree with srank. Logan shouldn't be able to cut the powered up version as Piotr should have the forcefield and/or total invulnerability to purely physical harm. If Logan cuts him somehow, JuggerPiotr will heal.

The question was if he can cut colossus and I showed he can, do I agree? I think he shouldn't be able because his strength isn't great and Colossus also said in other comic that Logan could have cut him to the bone.
But I have seen he cut Thor, Hulk, Thanos, Gladiator(badly) so why wouldn't he cut Colossus?

StiltmanFTW
The question was about ColossusNAUT, actually.

Strength doesn't play a big (if any) part when it comes to Wolverine's claws. Indestructible, sharpened to the point they could slice through anything, less than one millimetre thick, popping out at 130 miles per hour speed...

Yes, he most definitely can cut regular Colossus.

themadsurfer
The question was about ColossusNAUT, actually.

Strength doesn't play a big (if any) part when it comes to Wolverine's claws. Indestructible, sharpened to the point they could slice through anything, less than one millimetre thick, popping out at 130 miles per hour speed...

Yes, he most definitely can cut regular Colossus.

True, strength in MU play a little part when cutting someone, especially with adamantium and vibranium. Recently the punisher had a knife made of vibranium and he actually pierced the Rulk's skin with it. I know It's comics but things like that bothers me a little.

StiltmanFTW
When?

I know about one instance when he used a regular knife and still pierced Rulk's skin.

Rulk's piercing durability is pretty pathetic, to be fair. Aside from him being bulletproof, he had no good showing vs. piercing attacks. Both Tigra and Hellcat managed to cut him in a single try.

meep-meep
Someone clarify something for me. I thought Colossus, when transformed, was osmium inside and out. Is that true? Cause if it is he shouldn't bleed, right?

themadsurfer
When?

I know about one instance when he used a regular knife and still pierced Rulk's skin.

Rulk's piercing durability is pretty pathetic, to be fair. Aside from him being bulletproof, he had no good showing vs. piercing attacks. Both Tigra and Hellcat managed to cut him in a single try.

When the punisher wanted to kill everyone from thunderbolts and he broke up with Elektra. He used a vibranium knife to stab Rulk.
If he did it with a regular knife we both know it was PIS.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee113/wolverinerespectthread/Wolverine_004_012.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33044/2055555-uncanny_x_men_543_unstoppab.jpg What happened on the next page?

8swords
Originally posted by themadsurfer
Not so sure:

that was wolverine being possesed by demons, and he has upgrades like being immune to magneto. and him cutting colossus, that he almost died. correct me if I'm wrong. other than that. no wolverine only scratches him

Mindset
Originally posted by juggernaut74
What happened on the next page? Colossus died.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Mindset
Colossus died. I think Logan cut him but I'm not sure.

KingD19
Logan slashed him or stabbed him, then Colossus tosses him through the roof and halfway across the island.

StiltmanFTW
When the punisher wanted to kill everyone from thunderbolts and he broke up with Elektra. He used a vibranium knife to stab Rulk.
If he did it with a regular knife we both know it was PIS.

He did it back when Loeb was still writing Rulk.

Not exactly PIS, more like some characters have great durability against blunt force, but suck against piercing attacks.

Originally posted by KingD19
Logan slashed him or stabbed him, then Colossus tosses him through the roof and halfway across the island.

He tossed him first, then got cut several times and apparently stabbed, too.

juggernaut74
The Wendigo-Wolverine stabbed him also but he was probably stronger than the Hulk in that form.

themadsurfer
He did it back when Loeb was still writing Rulk.

Not exactly PIS, more like some characters have great durability against blunt force, but suck against piercing attacks.

Rulk is not one of them, those characters that have a huge difference between their durabilities(piercing, energy, blunt) or they have some kind of mutation(like dense flesh but not so strong) or are magical characters. Like regular asgardians and olympians for example.
If he can withstand heave artillery like I've seen he do it, there is no way a regular knife wielded by a regular human can pierce Rulk's skin.

Mindset
I think Logan cut him but I'm not sure. Are you calling me a liar?

StiltmanFTW
Rulk is not one of them, those characters that have a huge difference between their durabilities(piercing, energy, blunt) or they have some kind of mutation(like dense flesh but not so strong) or are magical characters. Like regular asgardians and olympians for example.
If he can withstand heave artillery like I've seen he do it, there is no way a regular knife wielded by a regular human can pierce Rulk's skin.

Rulk is one of them.

He's been consistently showed as being weak vs. piercing attacks. Bullets bouncing off him is the only exception and even that might've gotten forgotten, seeing as Loeb apparently had Punisher semi-successfully shot him a few times prior to the stab.

There is more than a dozen showings of him being very susceptible to piercing.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Mindset
Are you calling me a liar? Maybe.

KingD19

He tossed him first, then got cut several times and apparently stabbed, too.

I thought he dodged that slash shown, then tossed him? Then he came back and did the cutting up and then Wolverine got exorcised? I haven't read that issue in a while.

themadsurfer
Rulk is one of them.

He's been consistently showed as being weak vs. piercing attacks. Bullets bouncing off him is the only exception and even that might've gotten forgotten, seeing as Loeb apparently had Punisher semi-successfully shot him a few times prior to the stab.

There is more than a dozen showings of him being very susceptible to piercing.

So physics don't apply to him at all? being shot with high caliber>>>regular knife wielded by human.
Please leave LOEB out of this.
he can take Thor's and Hulk's punches and he isn't a magical being, so the knife will break instead of cutting his skin.

KingD19
So physics don't apply to him at all? being shot with high caliber>>>regular knife wielded by human.
he can take Thor's and Hulk's punches and he isn't a magical being, so the knife will break instead of cutting his skin.

Wonder Woman can take full force punches from a non holding back Superman. Yet she feels the need to block bullets with her bracers. Blunt Force v Piercing is a real thing in comics, and Rulk is one of it's victims.

themadsurfer
Wonder Woman can take full force punches from a non holding back Superman. Yet she feels the need to block bullets with her bracers. Blunt Force v Piercing is a real thing in comics, and Rulk is one of it's victims.

DC's magical beings are like this but Rulk is from marvel and in fact a very scientific character, plus he took bullets which is a piercing durability, and It's higher than taking a knife wielded by a human. So I'm comparing piercing with piercing.

Mindset
Maybe. sad

Silent Master
DC's magical beings are like this but Rulk is from marvel and in fact a very scientific character, plus he took bullets which is a piercing durability, and It's higher than taking a knife wielded by a human. So I'm comparing piercing with piercing.

Did you just say that bullets > knives in piercing ability?

themadsurfer
Originally posted by Silent Master
Did you just say that bullets > knives in piercing ability?

Do you think high caliber guns aren't worse than tactical knife let's say?

zom1967
i certainly don`t see wolvies claws getting through the Surfers skin,or glaze or whatever!

StiltmanFTW
I thought he dodged that slash shown, then tossed him? Then he came back and did the cutting up and then Wolverine got exorcised? I haven't read that issue in a while.

Looked like he tried to sidestep it or whatever, and managed to do so it was only a glancing hit.

Anyway, here's the more or less correct order of what happened:

1. Colossus sucker punches Hellverine.

2. Hellverine tries to cut Colossus with little to no effect (sparks panel).

3. Colossus pimp slaps him.

4. Colossus grabs him by his throat.

5. Tosses him far away, smashing through the wall and all.

6. Hellverine comes back (possibly via teleportation), cuts the shit out of Piotr, looks like he stabs him in the end.

7. Colossus gets hospitalized, but survives.

Leave physics out of it. We're talking about comics. On Versus Forum, we do distinct blunt force durability from piercing durability - it just makes sense to so, if you look at characters' feats.

Under Loeb, Rulk was at his best and had one of his very few bulletproof showings. Still got easily cut by several characters.

Thor is another example of a poor piercing durability, btw.

Silent Master
Do you think high caliber guns aren't worse than tactical knife let's say?

As you're already sifting the goalposts, I can see where this going and have I have no intention of getting into a semantic argument.

themadsurfer

Leave physics out of it. We're talking about comics. On Versus Forum, we do distinct blunt force durability from piercing durability - it just makes sense to so, if you look at characters' feats.

Under Loeb, Rulk was at his best and had one of his very few bulletproof showings. Still got easily cut by several characters.

Thor is another example of a poor piercing durability, btw.

Of course we separate but sometimes the use of reason is good. We are debating about "simple" durability, his skin can take punishments that if the guy isn't bullet-proof he dies. We aren't talking about some high durability feats that can be debatable like a superhuman with a big sword and with how much force will the blade strike blablabla...
I disagree with you, a regular knife in the hands of a regular human won't cut any kind of Hulk.
And I especially disagree about Thor having a poor piercing durability. If you consider the kind of weapons that hurt him I wouldn't be surprised. Of course he isn't as durable as supes in that kind of durability but far from being weak.
I don't think Pietro(regular) is more durable than Thor in piercing for example.

themadsurfer
Originally posted by Silent Master
As you're already sifting the goalposts, I can see where this going and have I have no intention of getting into a semantic argument.
Me in the other hand have no problems in discussing this, in fact I'm very susceptible to change my mind, if you prove me a high caliber bullet fired from a modern big gun don't have the same piercing ability of a tatical knife.

juggernaut74
Anyone have scans of the Colossus/Hellverine fight?

SamZED
Me in the other hand have no problems in discussing this, in fact I'm very susceptible to change my mind, if you prove me a high caliber bullet fired from a modern big gun don't have the same piercing ability of a tatical knife.

Not sure if that helps but there are bullet proof vests that can still be cut through with a regular army knife. Could be the case here. Maybe?

themadsurfer
Originally posted by SamZED
Not sure if that helps but there are bullet proof vests that can still be cut through with a regular army knife. Could be the case here. Maybe?

No because skin is different from Kevlar, a longbow can also pierce a Kevlar. A medieval steel armor can't be pierced by a Katana or longswords but can by nowadays bullets.

SamZED
No because skin is different from Kevlar, a longbow can also pierce a Kevlar. A medieval steel armor can't be pierced by a Katana or longswords but can by nowadays bullets. We're talking non-existant superhuman skin that can withstand tank shells so I'm not talking exact similarity but merely the concept. Something that can be pierced by a knife but deflects bullets. Considering its comic book physics it doesn't sound far fetched at all IMO.

themadsurfer
We're talking non-existant superhuman skin that can withstand tank shells so I'm not talking exact similarity but merely the concept. Something that can be pierced by a knife but deflects bullets. Considering its comic book physics it doesn't sound far fetched at all IMO.

Exactly his skin can withstand tank-shell but not knives? The character is still human but with a skin several times denser, the material is the same which is different from the Kevlar.
Your example to prove your point was very wrong since Kevlar stab vests don't stop bullets just like Kevlar bulletproof vest can't stop knives. Peculiarities of that material.

Surtur
What happened on the next page?

They spend the rest of the comic looking for a metallic nipple.

SamZED
Exactly his skin can withstand tank-shell but not knives? The character is still human but with a skin several times denser, the material is the same which is different from the Kevlar.
Your example to prove your point was very wrong since Kevlar stab vests don't stop bullets just like Kevlar bulletproof vest can't stop knives. Peculiarities of that material. I don't see how the mere existence of stab proof vests and it's comparison to bullet proof ones prove my argument wrong. Please elaborate.
Again, I'm not even talking about some specific character but mere possibility of some superhuman having bulletproof skin while still being vulnerable to knife piercing. And the same explanation can easily apply. Peculiarities of that skin. Comparison with real human skin is absolutely pointless as we are talking about nonexistent superhuman skin with physically impossible superhuman properties. And if a material with similar properties can exist in RL why not in comic book world full of super humans who defy physics on daily basis and on some occasions defy logic.

themadsurfer
I don't see how the mere existence of stab proof vests and it's comparison to bullet proof ones prove my argument wrong. Please elaborate.
Again, I'm not even talking about some specific character but mere possibility of some superhuman having bulletproof skin while still being vulnerable to knife piercing. And the same explanation can easily apply. Peculiarities of that skin. Comparison with real human skin is absolutely pointless as we are talking about nonexistent superhuman skin with physically impossible superhuman properties. And if a material with similar properties can exist in RL why not in comic book world full of super humans who defy physics on daily basis and on some occasions defy logic.

So you think having different kind of "durabilities" like blunt, energy projection, piercing and mental isn't enough? We should now divide Piecing ability in knives and bullets? That's is just too much detail from comic and I don't know a single character that is like that and feel free to talk about one, except those that are said "magical" or the comic give us some explanation about their anatomy.
When large bullets bounce from the skin means the material is freaking hard and regular military knives wouldn't have any effect, while in Kevlar the bullet don't bonce she actually enter the material but stop at some point.
Have you heard any special explanation for the skin of any Hulk being bulletproof but not stab? Well Hulk can take knives and bullets and swords and I don't see much of a biological difference between them, just that Hulk is stronger and so probably tougher. And like I said Hulk's are those characters where science is most involved, always trying to explain their HF and strength, while they can't exactly explain why other's can't lift Thor's hammer.

zom1967
It`s kind of weird how this goes,I don`t think logan can cut Pete with a fatal blow.But if logan was in the 40 ton range he could run him through.He can cut the Hulk,but his tissue regenerates almost instantly.Than you have the hulk from the 70`s,who`s durability was just about a match for Thanos.Why all this changed I don`t know?

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine has cut Thanos, too... when Thanos' durability was further amped by the Power Gem stick out tongue

themadsurfer
Wolverine has cut Thanos, too... when Thanos' durability was further amped by the Power Gem stick out tongue

He also stab Gladiator quite badly, all the way to the other side.

StiltmanFTW
Yup. Cut the shit out of Count Nefaria... pierced amped Mangog... the list is very long.

KingD19
He cut Thor(barely, but I think he was sort of getting played up in that book). Left some gashes on his face, and Thor admitted if Logan had gotten another clean cut he would have slashed through his face or something like that.

StiltmanFTW
Lol, Thor. Even with his claws sheathed and while powerless, Wolverine's punch to Thor's face made him drop some dude he was holding laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Btw, if you're talking about Wolverine vs. Thor, I don't remember Thor saying that. Logan did cut him much worse later though, arguably managing to stab him in the back even (although Thor wasn't bothered much by that).

themadsurfer
Lol, Thor. Even with his claws sheathed and while powerless, Wolverine's punch to Thor's face made him drop some dude he was holding laughing out loud

Hah I have this comic, I remember laughing loud when I saw that. Wasn't he without his healing factor too? Even so he got hit and went through a wall and stopped 10 meters later with no scratches at all.

themadsurfer
Btw, if you're talking about Wolverine vs. Thor, I don't remember Thor saying that. Logan did cut him much worse later though, arguably managing to stab him in the back even (although Thor wasn't bothered much by that).

Thor said that even though he hasn't done significant damage due to the toughness of asgardian flesh, if he continued It could turn significant.

StiltmanFTW
Hah I have this comic, I remember laughing loud when I saw that. Wasn't he without his healing factor too? Even so he got hit and went through a wall and stopped 10 meters later with no scratches at all.

Yes, hence why I said he was powerless. And that's not the only time he got smashed into the wall by Thor, either. There was also that time in one of the Avengers titles. They had a drinking contest of sorts and Thor used Wolverine's head to make a hole in the ceiling - again, no HF to help him recover.

Thor said that even though he hasn't done significant damage due to the toughness of asgardian flesh, if he continued It could turn significant.

Correct, but that happened in the next part (originally, it was a digital comic that came in 2 parts. Much later it got released as an extra story in Wolverine Wendigo! one-shot).

Anyway, yes, Thor said his thick asgardian skin wouldn't protect him forever --- which is exactly what has been happening with guys like Fully Techno-Organic Cable, Exodus, The Hulk, Colossus and others. They all withstood one or more swipes, only to suffer rather significant damage later.

KingD19
However Colossus has never really been injured by Wolverine normally. He's feared his claws, but unless he's amped he's never done any real damage.

cdtm

Doubtful.

Kevlar vests basically "catch" the bullet in nets of super strong plastic, dispersing the kinetic force. Knives manage to slip past the holes in the net. (Arrows, I'm told, have never been proven to penetrate body armor... That's one for Mythbusters, I guess, unless anyone has some body armor to test it on.)

zom1967
Wolverine has cut Thanos, too... when Thanos' durability was further amped by the Power Gem stick out tongue but I still remember the Hulk from the 70`s as having almost inpenatrable skin.

themadsurfer

Anyway, yes, Thor said his thick asgardian skin wouldn't protect him forever --- which is exactly what has been happening with guys like Fully Techno-Organic Cable, Exodus, The Hulk, Colossus and others. They all withstood one or more swipes, only to suffer rather significant damage later.

I think in Hulk's case significant skin damages were always made but his HF always made him keep up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.