Captain Titus v.s. Cole McGrath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Because **** it, let's see some activity.

Fight takes place in New York city, Cole from end of Infamous II, which I admit I have not played, good storyline, assuming there is one.

Titus has his iron halo, thunder hammer, and jump pack. Get at me. He's also privy to feats of sub-captain level space marines.

BFR is on.

Pinkie Pie
It should all depend on how resilient Titus armor is. We have seen McGrath do some damage, but never to the extent that we can use his games alone as a standard of meassure. Given the density of Titus armor and the amount of beating I have seen him take, I do not have much faith in McGrath, despite his various advantages. It would be a matter of putting Titus weaknesses against Cole's strengths to determine this outcome smile

ScreamPaste
The question for me is whether Cole can BFR Titus, and how well he'd handle Bolter rounds.

I have severe doubts Cole can stand up to a thunderhammer to the skull, though. You just don't live through that. But I may yet be surprised.

Pinkie Pie
Bolter rounds to my understanding are significantly superior common ballistics and should pose a significant threat. Cole has an electrokinetic barrier for shield, but that is about it. Given how he is damaged by common rounds, a bolter round should suffice to put him in the ground stick out tongue

Regarding BFR, Cole's only method of lifting something heavy is through electromagnetism, and I am not sure what type of metal Titus armor is composed of, nor the weight. Though I have witnessed Cole lift a humvee and throw it a good distance smile

Cole is faster than Titus. He can probably make sure not to get hit in the head by a thunderhammer, but he is not fast enough to dodge the bolter rounds. He could possibly use the city to his advantage, of course. I am not so sure Titus work well with corners and heights. Cole does.

ScreamPaste
Bolter rounds are pretty hardcore, yeah. They're basically RPG's with armour piercing tips. If common munitions can hurt him, one of this embedding in his chest and exploding should probably kill him.

Space marine armour is composed of, if I remember right, 5mm thick ceramite plates. The Astartes inside the armour is actually heavier than the armour, I think. I'm pretty sure they come out close to a ton in weight, but I could be wrong.

Is Astartes armour magnetic? I don't /think/ so. The name certainly implies otherwise, and in 40k an armour with such an obvious weakness could be abused. So, I don't -think- so.

Also, Titus can probably shoot right through cover with his bolter, and his Jump pack could help with mobility some.

Pinkie Pie
Chemistry was never a strength of mine. I looked Ceramite up and it seems it is a significant component in their armor. The site said it is a form of ceramic material and correct me if I am wrong, because I suppose here is where chemistry makes an appearance: ceramic is not a particularly magnetic matter stick out tongue

Without his electromagnetic lift, Cole has no means of actually moving Titus from the spot.

Nemesis X
Cole slows down time via precision and shoots Titus right in the face, giving us the moral of this story which is to always wear a helmet.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Cole slows down time via precision and shoots Titus right in the face, giving us the moral of this story which is to always wear a helmet. Iron Halo. Also, Space Marine durability. Even without a helmet, good luck injuring him.

Pinkie Pie
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Cole slows down time via precision and shoots Titus right in the face, giving us the moral of this story which is to always wear a helmet.

Cole does not actually slow time stick out tongue He just enhance his perception of the surrounding world, making it seems as if the rest of the world goes slower smile Titus will move at his usual speed, so will his bolter rounds.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Iron Halo. Also, Space Marine durability. Even without a helmet, good luck injuring him.

Well if you're that confident about Titus surviving a headshot without a helmet, why go as far as to give him an Iron Halo of all things? Does the conversion field it creates have a limit to how much damage it can take?

Doubt those bolter rounds will have any effect when Cole puts up his polarity wall.

Pinkie Pie
What next? While he keep his polarity wall up, Titus can just come closer and closer. He will drop immensely in mobility. The moment Cole start using that ability, he is at a disadvantage. Quite ironic stick out tongue

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Pinkie Pie
What next? While he keep his polarity wall up, Titus can just come closer and closer. He will drop immensely in mobility. The moment Cole start using that ability, he is at a disadvantage. Quite ironic stick out tongue

If Titus gets any closer, Cole will probably summon a lightning storm which will hopefully bring down the conversion field if it's vulnerable to anything hotter than a laser.

FinalAnswer
What kind of a laser, not all lasers are the same.

For that matter, Power Armor alone is capable of pretty much walking through lasgun fire, so not exactly sure how effective this lightning storm would be.

RE: Blaxican
edit

FinalAnswer

Hey thanks Xane.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Pinkie Pie
Cole is faster than Titus.

He is not.

Not based on anything he did in InFamous 1, at least, but unless he gets some amazing feats in InFamous 2 regarding speed, I highly doubt he is.

You know how you admitted Cole is not fast enough to dodge bolter rounds?

Space Marines are fast enough to manage feats like knocking them out of the air in mid-flight, a captain in The First Heretic manages to move a few meters and then do this to protect Lorgar, his Primarch.

Lucius the Eternal in Galaxy in Flames casually ducks and weaves through bolter fire while charging his opponents so he can kill them with his sword.

In Prospero Burns, a Space Wolf, while fighting a Wulfen (Space Marine Viking Werewolf, but that's not nearly as cool as it sounds, believe me), is described as far too fast for the protagonist should see. I should now mention that said protagonist himself has had his body and senses augmented beyond human potential.

Beyond that, even humans in 40k are capable of such incredible feats.

In the second Eisenhorn book, a rogue Inquisitor can move faster than the eye can see and deflect las-bolts. Eisenhorn himself, after growing stronger in the third book, can also easily deflect gunfire with his sword, and fights other humans who can fight similarly quickly, and prevails.

Of course, you don't get to see much of this in the game, but, well, Shin allowed the lore of the game into this thread. stick out tongue

Pinkie Pie
Faster in that he is more agile. Titus can not turn on a time like Cole can, is what I meant. I have seen Space Marines, and I am referring to close-quarter combat speed smile

NemeBro
Only Marines have shown to be capable of moving in combat faster than the enhanced human eye can track. mmm

I'm not following what you're saying. D:

Not all marines have the same strengths and weaknesses, though., hence why some are psychers and some aren't and why marines can beat each other in combat at all as opposed to every fight being an endless stalemate. Ergo what "some" marines have been shown to do does not indicate what Titus can do. What are Titus' speed feats?

NemeBro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Not all marines have the same strengths and weaknesses, though., hence why some are psychers and some aren't and why marines can beat each other in combat at all as opposed to every fight being an endless stalemate. Ergo what "some" marines have been shown to do does not indicate what Titus can do. What are Titus' speed feats? Well he fought and bested a Daemon Prince in melee.

Do you want me to get into Daemon Prince feats now Blax?

And please, I haven't even dipped into the best Space Marine feats. Argel Tal dodges lightning in mid-air with his jump pack. estahuh

And physically, there aren't any real great differences among Marines. Sure, some Marines may be a bit faster or stronger, but not by any signifigant amount generally. And every example I picked from was performed by a Captain or less, same as Titus. Really, Titus could be half as fast as Lucius, and that would still be fast enough. Bolter to the brain before Cole can think ends him.

Also, that doesn't really change the fact that there are humans who have replicated feats like this. Normal, unaugmented humans.

Pinkie Pie
Originally posted by NemeBro
Only Marines have shown to be capable of moving in combat faster than the enhanced human eye can track. mmm

I'm not following what you're saying. D: I know only what I have seen, and I have not seen that. So what I am saying is that in every source of reference I have for Titus, he is slower stick out tongue

NemeBro
No u. estahuh

The issue is that Shin is apparently allowing stuff like studio material and Black Library feats, in which case physically normal humans in the 40k setting have demonstrated better speed feats than Cole.

COG Veteran
Titus wins, hard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.