Thor VS Wolverine (With a Red Lantern Ring)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Thor VS Wolverine (With a Red Lantern Ring)

No prep. No bfr. logan enters fight in a berserker rage & knows how to use the ring expertly. fight is on Utopia.

who wins?

Caps Conscience
Thor

JakeTheBank
Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

Starscream M
hahaha

Wolverine had thor on the ropes without any powerup (granted that was a stretch perhaps)...but wolverine with the red ring wtfpwns thor

speed, herald level strength combined with razor claws, and insane hf with shields....thor is a dead god walking

Prep-Man
we are going to see the first human red lantern and he seems pretty powerful. logan with red ring would be fun.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
hahaha

Wolverine had thor on the ropes without any powerup (granted that was a stretch perhaps)...but wolverine with the red ring wtfpwns thor

speed, herald level strength combined with razor claws, and insane hf with shields....thor is a dead god walking

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/Pupi6/black_guy_laughing.gif

Starscream M
What the f**k?

JakeTheBank
The idea that Wolverine with a Red Lantern ring "wtfpwns" Thor is hilarious if you didn't get that from the gif I posted.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The idea that Wolverine with a Red Lantern ring "wtfpwns" Thor is hilarious if you didn't get that from the gif I posted. Oh I got it alright...it's just that you are usually a level-headed poster not prone to posting inane gifs as they are not proper retorts

if you think something I said was wrong, then say it like a man! (so that I can correct you)

Rage.Of.Olympus
Logan isn't stomping anything. He isn't even winning this. A Red Lantern Ring will give him increased durability and energy projection but Thor will treat him as a bigger threat, and take him down anyways.

wildernesss
standard logan was fighting thor to a standstill & seriously wounded him.
even thor was impressed. with a red lantern ring & the stats that come with it....how does thor get a majority?

the red lantern shields, durability, & logan's own HF make this nearly impossible for thor to get a majority.

JakeTheBank
Oh I got it alright...it's just that you are usually a level-headed poster not prone to posting inane gifs as they are not proper retorts

if you think something I said was wrong, then say it like a man! (so that I can correct you)

Word, I am very level headed. And the gif wasn't inane; it totally summed up my feelings toward that post of yours: ie. hilarity ensuing.

Red Lantern Wolverine gets his shit kicked in by Thor.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Logan isn't stomping anything. He isn't even winning this. A Red Lantern Ring will give him increased durability and energy projection but Thor will treat him as a bigger threat, and take him down anyways. a flying logan will be thor's biggest nightmare

thor is very vulnerable to logan's claws and logan with amped strength and speed can cut thor up badly

Starscream M

Red Lantern Wolverine gets his shit kicked in by Thor. saying it doesn't make it true, breh erm

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by wildernesss
standard logan was fighting thor to a standstill & seriously wounded thor.
even thor was impressed. with a red lantern ring & the stats that come with it....how does thor get a majority?

"Standstill". Lmao.

Yeah, a holding back Thor ended that farce of a "fight" as soon as his temper flared up. Even bloodlusted and out for the kill, Logan didn't come close to slaying Thor.

Thor gets a majority based on his feats, powers, abilities, history as a character, etc.

JakeTheBank
saying it doesn't make it true, breh erm

I know.

Thor's feats make it true.

Starscream M
"Standstill". Lmao.

Yeah, a holding back Thor ended that farce of a "fight" as soon as his temper flared up. Even bloodlusted and out for the kill, Logan didn't come close to slaying Thor.

Thor gets a majority based on his feats, powers, abilities, history as a character, etc. logan cut and hurt thor

also logan was out of his mind, hence he actually had diminished skills

logan has better reflexes than thor and with flight he can cut thor up....his shields will withstand the lightning

Rage.Of.Olympus
a flying logan will be thor's biggest nightmare

thor is very vulnerable to logan's claws and logan with amped strength and speed can cut thor up badly

Not really. Thor is more than capable of countering Logan even if his in the air.

If Logan does do more damage with his claws now, Thor will balance it out with his far superior energy projection or possibly something random like a healing factor. That's assuming Logan gets in close.

You could give Logan a copy of Mjolnir and he'd still lose. Giving a character who Thor had trouble with a power up doesn't automatically mean he'd beat the Odinson. Beta Ray bill is walking proof of that.

JakeTheBank
logan cut and hurt thor

also logan was out of his mind, hence he actually had diminished skills

logan has better reflexes than thor and with flight he can cut thor up....his shields will withstand the lightning

Superficial damage due to the thickness of his Asgardian skin. Thor was in no danger of being killed or even maimed.

Logan's going to be batshit crazy in this thread, too, due to his beserker rage and the Red Lantern power ring, so I guess his skills are going to mean jack shit.

And yet...a holding back Thor was still able to tag and grab Wolverine in spite of him being "too fast". In this thread, Thor has no reason to hold back and try to reason with Wolverine.

Logan gets his ass kicked. Thor literally has dozens of options to invoke in this thread.

wildernesss
"Standstill". Lmao.

Thor gets a majority based on his feats, powers, abilities, history as a character, etc.

yes, for a substantial amount of time, logan was fighting thor to a standstill. he severely wounded thor, made him scream, & blocked a hammer attack with his claws. as for thor holding back.....it was clearlystated that thor was not holding back because thor knew of logan's reputation.

JakeTheBank
yes, for a substantial amount of time, logan was fighting thor to a standstill. he severely wounded thor, made him scream, & blocked a hammer attack with his claws. as for thor holding back.....it was clearlystated that thor was not holding back because thor knew of logan's reputation.

Thor stopped messing around at the end of the fight.

...which, ironically, was when said fight ended and Thor knocked some sense into Logan.

Trying to spin that into "Logan fought Thor on completely even terms and even fought him to a standstill" is the epitome of dead wrong.

And the point is moot anyway as Thor's not going to be nice and try to talk Wolverine down in this thread.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Substantial amount of time? Logan actually fought Thor straight up for like a page and a half. He didn't severely wound Thor. As a matter of fact, all the damage disappeared by the time they reached the diner.

Logan never blocked a hammer attack with his claws, I don't even know what you could be referring to. Thor was definitely holding back.

Starscream M
Superficial damage due to the thickness of his Asgardian skin. Thor was in no danger of being killed or even maimed.

Logan's going to be batshit crazy in this thread, too, due to his beserker rage and the Red Lantern power ring, so I guess his skills are going to mean jack shit.

And yet...a holding back Thor was still able to tag and grab Wolverine in spite of him being "too fast". In this thread, Thor has no reason to hold back and try to reason with Wolverine.

Logan gets his ass kicked. Thor literally has dozens of options to invoke in this thread. lol...is asgardian skin half a foot thick now...is that the next power you're gonna assign to thor

angry is different from being out of his mind

its comic logic breh...and if iirc, thor grabbed logan while logan was on his back, no?

not really

Starscream M
Not really. Thor is more than capable of countering Logan even if his in the air.

If Logan does do more damage with his claws now, Thor will balance it out with his far superior energy projection or possibly something random like a healing factor. That's assuming Logan gets in close.

You could give Logan a copy of Mjolnir and he'd still lose. Giving a character who Thor had trouble with a power up doesn't automatically mean he'd beat the Odinson. Beta Ray bill is walking proof of that. really...when was the last time thor fought a flying skilled MAer...oh yeah, never

thor's hf is much weaker than logan's and will not heal deep cuts midbattle

JakeTheBank
lol...is asgardian skin half a foot thick now...is that the next power you're gonna assign to thor

angry is different from being out of his mind

its comic logic breh...and if iirc, thor grabbed logan while logan was on his back, no?

not really

Don't get mad because Thor's durability was enough to turn Logan's direct slashes into little more than kitty scratches. It doesn't become you.

Ummm. Beserker Rage + Red Lantern Ring = Insane Wolverine. Don't see how you come to any other conclusion than that. Wolverine's going to be basically rabid, spitting plasma breath and charging wildly at Thor. Don't kid yourself with the idea he's going to be making constructs and the like. He's no Atrocitus or Hal Jordan. Definitely not the epic that is Guy Gardner.

"Logic" is being spit on in this thread. He grabbed Wolverine's ankle and tossed him like the midget he is.

Yes, really. Thor's energy powers, weather manipulation, far superior physical might and more is what makes this match fall in his favor.

You may as well give Logan the Butcher entity and watch as Thor still carves his skull in.

wildernesss
Thor stopped messing around at the end of the fight.

...which, ironically, was when said fight ended and Thor knocked some sense into Logan.

Trying to spin that into "Logan fought Thor on completely even terms and even fought him to a standstill" is the epitome of dead wrong.

And the point is moot anyway as Thor's not going to be nice and try to talk Wolverine down in this thread.

stopped messing around does not equal holding back though; thor simply
managed to knocked logan out of his hypnotized condition.

taking thor by suprise, demonstrating superior speed & combat reflexes, substantially wounding him to the point that he screams, & blocking lightning attacks....is more than enough of a fight to a standstill (albeit a brief one) to suggest a red lantern ring added to logan's stats would be too much for thor.

Starscream M
Don't get mad because Thor's durability was enough to turn Logan's direct slashes into little more than kitty scratches. It doesn't become you.

Ummm. Beserker Rage + Red Lantern Ring = Insane Wolverine. Don't see how you come to any other conclusion than that. Wolverine's going to be basically rabid, spitting plasma breath and charging wildly at Thor. Don't kid yourself with the idea he's going to be making constructs and the like. He's no Atrocitus or Hal Jordan. Definitely not the epic that is Guy Gardner.

"Logic" is being spit on in this thread. He grabbed Wolverine's ankle and tossed him like the midget he is.

Yes, really. Thor's energy powers, weather manipulation, far superior physical might and more is what makes this match fall in his favor.

You may as well give Logan the Butcher entity and watch as Thor still carves his skull in. your thorbaggery just crossed the rage threshold (pssst...that's not a good thing)

berserker rage does not imply insane. it just means logan is going to be wildly unpredictable, bloodlusted (ie he'll stab thor in the eyes without giving a phuck)

fighting a feral logan is even harder than fighting a non-feral logan...its like fighting a wild cat...you may be bigger and stronger, but it can bite and claw the shit out of you

thor's weather manipulation is useless against logan's shields, his might is neutralized by logan's claws and skill

JakeTheBank
stopped messing around does not equal holding back though; thor simply
managed to knocked logan out of his hypnotized condition.

taking thor by suprise, demonstrating superior speed & combat reflexes, substantially wounding him to the point that he screams, & blocking lightning attacks....is more than enough of a fight to a standstill (albeit a brief one) to suggest a red lantern ring added to logan's stats would be too much for thor.

Thor's statements and actions proved he had finally had enough of Wolverine's bullshit. The entire fight suggested that Logan could be troublesome for Thor until Thor took off the kid gloves.

Nothing about that fight suggested that giving Logan a power ring would make him > Thor. Nothing. Maybe if you want to use the same Thor who was trying to talk down Wolverine and ignore....well, basically everything else in his vast history and catalogue of feats.

A mad and wild Wolverine has no answers to cosmic storm summoning, planet busting strength packed strikes, absorbing his ring's energy with Mjolnir, etc. Thor has way too many options here. He beats real Lanterns for the majority, let alone Wolverine with a power ring.

Rage.Of.Olympus
really...when was the last time thor fought a flying skilled MAer...oh yeah, never

thor's hf is much weaker than logan's and will not heal deep cuts midbattle

What does martial arts have to do with Thor countering a flying Logan? Is he gonna back flip over energy projection or something? They aren't going to engage in close combat aerial fighting like in Dragon Ball Z.

What I meant is, if Thor lets Logan in close in a fight, he'll either be able to tank his claws like he did before or handle them in the same manner as Gladiator just due to the nature of how this things go. But that requires too much fourth wall type reasoning so just ignore it.

Slaanesh
i'm gonna go with wolverine..with his new strength..he can cut through Thor..

Rage.Of.Olympus
thor's weather manipulation is useless against logan's shields, his might is neutralized by logan's claws and skill

You don't know what you're talking about.

Starscream M
What does martial arts have to do with Thor countering a flying Logan? Is he gonna back flip over energy projection or something? They aren't going to engage in close combat aerial fighting like in Dragon Ball Z.
you have no idea how wolverine would fight as a flyer...but logic says he won't fly in straight lines like superman and would prob incorporate acrobatics of some sort into his flight which would make it very hard for thor to anticipate

JakeTheBank
your thorbaggery just crossed the rage threshold (pssst...that's not a good thing)

berserker rage does not imply insane. it just means logan is going to be wildly unpredictable, bloodlusted (ie he'll stab thor in the eyes without giving a phuck)

fighting a feral logan is even harder than fighting a non-feral logan...its like fighting a wild cat...you may be bigger and stronger, but it can bite and claw the shit out of you

Lol. Thorbaggery =/= knowing facts supported by both Thor canon/comics and Green Lantern canon/comics. Also, u mad.

Yeah, no. Logan's beserker rage + a Red Lantern power ring is going to make him a wild and crazed insane animal. An animal that Thor will be forced to put down, unfortunately. Seriously, I can't even believe that this fundamental truth is even being debated. The nature of Logan in this thread plus the ring is going to make him crazy.

Like fighting a non holding back Thor is harder than fighting a holding back one? When Thor stops holding back, he can make Trans and Skyfathers beings take notice. Heralds and below get wrecked.

Useless, eh? They weren't useless against Glory or Chaos King. Also show me some scans of a Red Lantern's shield stopping something on par with what Thor can ultimately unleash. You can pick any one of them, hell. Atrocitus, Hal, Guy, I don't care. Lol at Thor's might being neutralized.

Rage.Of.Olympus
you have no idea how wolverine would fight as a flyer...but logic says he won't fly in straight lines like superman and would prob incorporate acrobatics of some sort into his flight which would make it very hard for thor to anticipate

But you do?

How in the hell would acrobatics noticeably help Logan in an aerial battle with Thor, the God of Thunder?

Do you think he's gonna back flip out of the way of a lightning bolt? I'm trying to understand why you think it's such a game changer.

JakeTheBank
He'll dodge a tornado or a hurricane made up of the winds of a hundred and more worlds. And he'll evade an omni-directional torrent of lightning and thunder.

Somehow.

cdtm
He'll dodge a tornado or a hurricane made up of the winds of a hundred and more worlds. And he'll evade an omni-directional torrent of lightning and thunder.

Somehow.

Can Thor make a tornado or hurricane made of swords? Lets see Logan dodge that.

Starscream M
whens the last decade thor unleashed tornadoes and hurricanes while fighting a humanoid sized foe lol

JakeTheBank
whens the last decade thor unleashed tornadoes and hurricanes while fighting a humanoid sized foe lol

This current decade? lol

I know the idea that Thor beats Wolverine in yet another clever thread where either Thor is handicapped or Wolverine gets an amp of some sorts probably doesn't sit well with you, but you'll just have to deal.

cdtm
This current decade? lol

Indeed.

He's probably manipulated the weather against foes more than Supermans used speed.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I'm no longer indulging you and your completely asinine conditions.

Starscream M
I'm no longer indulging you and your completely asinine conditions. haha he hasn't has he. i'm just exposing you using completely illegitimate out of character battle tactics...remember we on kmc dont debate powersets, but rather characters. just because a character can do something doesn't mean he will.

wildernesss

A mad and wild Wolverine has no answers to cosmic storm summoning, planet busting strength packed strikes, absorbing his ring's energy with Mjolnir, etc. Thor has way too many options here. He beats real Lanterns for the majority, let alone Wolverine with a power ring.

thor won't be able to convert thought into action before logan is slashing away at him at warp speed. thor would be mince meat before an esoteric
attack with mjolnir (like draining the ring, cosmic storms, etc) could even be manifested.

as for his busting strength. logan has taken hits from a similarly powered
opponent like gladiator....& gladiator couldn't even KO logan. and of course logan recently went right through gladiator with his claws. not to mention that WW hulk couldn't KO logan with several up close haymakers.

with the red lantern ring's added shields & durability....thor isn't going to fair any better.

JakeTheBank
haha he hasn't has he. i'm just exposing you using completely illegitimate out of character battle tactics...remember we on kmc dont debate powersets, but rather characters. just because a character can do something doesn't mean he will.

Yeah, which is why no one is arguing Thor Godblasts Wolverine or soul sucks him or shoots him into the sun for the win.

Weather manipulation, on the other hand, is a tried and true tactic of Thor's, especially on a massive scale.

I'm not even bothering to seriously cite Thor's highest end feats unless I want to be spiteful toward Logan.

Starscream M
Yeah, which is why no one is arguing Thor Godblasts Wolverine or soul sucks him or shoots him into the sun for the win.

Weather manipulation, on the other hand, is a tried and true tactic of Thor's, especially on a massive scale.

I'm not even bothering to seriously cite Thor's highest end feats unless I want to be spiteful toward Logan. jake, explain what weather manipulation is going to do to a herald class character

Rage.Of.Olympus
haha he hasn't has he. i'm just exposing you using completely illegitimate out of character battle tactics...remember we on kmc dont debate powersets, but rather characters. just because a character can do something doesn't mean he will.

Thor has used his weather powers against a humanoid being before. But that's irrelevant.

I could post Thor using it specifically on a mutant, and you'd then ask me to post him using it on a X-men.

If I did that, you'd then ask me to post him using it on someone with Logan's specific height.

Then you'd ask for someone with the same amount of body hair and so on.

Once you make up your mind about something no matter how illogical the stance is, you'll continually do whatever you can to maintain it, even if you have to come up with the most stupid arguments ever.

All I have to do is point out that in their very first fight, Thor realized that fighting Logan at close range was unnecessarily dangerous, here he has a power up that allows him to fly, he wouldn't let him get in close now.

jalek moye
jake, explain what weather manipulation is going to do to a herald class character

all the times he's used super lightning and lightning tornados to pwn high end chars doesn't count?

JakeTheBank
thor won't be able to convert thought into action before logan is slashing away at him at warp speed. thor would be mince meat before an esoteric
attacks with mjolnir (like draining the ring, cosmic storms, etc) would slow logan down enough.

as for his busting strength. logan has taken hits from a similarly powered
opponent like gladiator....& gladiator couldn't even KO logan. and of course logan recently went right through gladiator with his claws. not to mention that WW hulk couldn't KO logan with several up close haymakers.

with the red lantern ring's added shields & durability....thor isn't going to fair any better.

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae152/rogerearp3/gifs/Stone-Cold.gif

Logan's not slashing anybody at "warp speed". Get that straight, first of all. Do you understand just how fast warp speed is? Lanterns fly at that speed through spacial warps to get from point A to point B when traveling with take longer than their typical flight speed in atmosphere. They sure as shit don't fight at that speed. And there's no reason to believe that Logan will achieve that speed in the course of battle, let alone fight at it. Superman doesn't even fight at warp speed.

Vague levels of shields and durability, huh? Post some Red Lantern feats, any of them, really. Feel free to show me these defenses that will be too much for Thor to overcome.

Hell, it doesn't even matter because Red Lanterns, being the raging maniacs there are, don't even utilize the ring outside of crude plasma breath and the occasional constructs (ie. Hal/Guy). Logan's not creating shields to defend himself with realistically given his temperament and the power ring's influence over its host.

Rage.Of.Olympus
jake, explain what weather manipulation is going to do to a herald class character

no expression

Thor's weather manipulation is easily Herald level in power and can go beyond when he wants it to.

attack with mjolnir (like draining the ring, cosmic storms, etc) could even be manifested.

What in the hell do they put in the drinking water where your from?

JakeTheBank

-Send Gladiator flying away from him.
-Completely immobilize Hulk in his tracks with rain. RAIN.
-Knock out the Hulk
-Disperse and damage the Void.
-Cause Glory pain for the first time, ever.
-Effect the Chaos King.
-Etc.
-Etc.
-Etc.

Seriously, you can't be this dense. You really can't be.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Seriously, you can't be this dense. You really can't be.

You'd think so but....
holy batman!

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/10369/325912-45363-captain-cold.JPG

captain cold grabs flash before flash can move and smashes his head...captain cold moves beyond light speed fo shure

wildernesss
http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae152/rogerearp3/gifs/Stone-Cold.gif

Logan's not slashing anybody at "warp speed". Get that straight, first of all. Do you understand just how fast warp speed is? Lanterns fly at that speed through spacial warps to get from point A to point B when traveling with take longer than their typical flight speed in atmosphere. They sure as shit don't fight at that speed. And there's no reason to believe that Logan will achieve that speed in the course of battle, let alone fight at it. Superman doesn't even fight at warp speed.

Vague levels of shields and durability, huh? Post some Red Lantern feats, any of them, really. Feel free to show me these defenses that will be too much for Thor to overcome.

Hell, it doesn't even matter because Red Lanterns, being the raging maniacs there are, don't even utilize the ring outside of crude plasma breath and the occasional constructs (ie. Hal/Guy). Logan's not creating shields to defend himself with realistically given his temperament and the power ring's influence over its host.

"warp speed" was hyperbole on my part; it's simply the fact that even logan's STANDARD speed & combat speed was demonstrably superior to thor's. add the ring's flight & enhanced stats including speed & thor would literally be in pieces on the ground within a few moments if he was preoccupied with esoteric hammer usage, instead of defending himself.

regardless of shields, logan's durability would be enhanced in addition to his already uber HF.

Starscream M

-Completely immobilize Hulk in his tracks with rain. RAIN.
and that seems perfectly plausible to you right?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Your under the assumption that Thor's weather powers are limited by mother nature or something.

I have no idea why but your mind has always worked in mysterious ways.

Starscream M
Your under the assumption that Thor's weather powers are limited by mother nature or something.

I have no idea why but your mind has always worked in mysterious ways. I don't know where you get the gall to insult me

we used to debate thor vs hulk in circles and guess what...I was friggin right, marvel does intend that hulk is the more powerful of the two.

at that time, you called me dumb as well...but I was proven right.

wildernesss
no expression

Thor's weather manipulation is easily Herald level in power and can go beyond when he wants it to.

What in the hell do they put in the drinking water where your from?

learn how to spell "you're" before casting insinuations regarding intelligence.

Gecko4lif

More plausible than wolverine beating thor.

Starscream M
so...are you saying the rain drops weighed tons or something because they're magical? eek!

cdtm
Thors done weather effects on moons, hasn't he?

He's better at creating weather effects than Storm.

JakeTheBank
"warp speed" was hyperbole on my part; it's simply the fact that even logan's STANDARD speed & combat speed was demonstrably superior to thor's. add the ring's flight & enhanced stats including speed & thor would literally be in pieces on the ground within a few moments if he was preoccupoed with esoteric hammer usage, instead of defending himself.

regardless of shields, logan's durability would be enhanced in addition to his already uber HF.

Well, at least we got somewhere productive concerning warp speed.

The ring will just make Logan fly and fly fast. It doesn't boost his cognitive functions; he's still human or meta or whatever you want to call him when it comes to reaction time. Hal Jordan can ask his ring to auto-target, but if a target is moving faster than light or faster than his still human brain functions, he can't hit them (ie. Airwave). Logan being able to fly fast doesn't make him a super speedster in the vein of Gladiator or Hyperion or Superman. And super speed + flight doesn't equal auto-win against Thor, either. Not sure how that idea even got formulated to begin with.

The idea that Thor would somehow be carved up and left to Logan's mercy is just ridiculous considering Thor's feats. At absolute worse, he's just below Wolverine in terms of reaction time as a whole. At best, he's reacted instaneously and defended against incredibly fast attacks. In order for your scenario to even be plausible, you'd literally have to ignore every instance of Thor moving fast enough to attack and counter attack and essentially assume that Wolverine will tag him without repercussion and assume those attacks will be fatal.

Not even the comic everyone cites on Logan's behalf, Thor vs. Wolverine, supports that idea.

How much more enhanced? You can't arbitrarily dictate a level of enhancement without citing some feats or usage of a Red Lantern ring. Which I've asked for several times already.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't know where you get the gall to insult me

we used to debate thor vs hulk in circles and guess what...I was friggin right, marvel does intend that hulk is the more powerful of the two.

at that time, you called me dumb as well...but I was proven right.

You make it too easy not to.

I'm still not sure why you thought I would take the use of animated movies as evidence seriously.

You are dumb. At the very least, you pretend to be. I can understand ignorance, heck even the occasional flip flopping, it happens to everyone, but you....well anyone who has entered into a drawn out argument with you understands how I feel.

You throw out absolutely anything if you don't like it or use the most irrelevant of evidence because in some backward way it supports you.

JakeTheBank

Thor's weather manipulation goes beyond the constraints of what nature is typically capable of. One of the perks of being a God of Thunder, I'm sure.

The guy can create wind and lightning in space without any kind of atmosphere.

My god, Starscream, it's common knowledge that Thor's weather manipulation transcends what's natural or logical by normal standards. And yes, the fact that he's a god and said effects could be cited as "magic" or "mystical" in cases is entirely plausible given the fact that Thor shits on science day in and day out.

Starscream M
You make it too easy not to.

I'm still not sure why you thought I would take the use of animated movies as evidence seriously.

You are dumb. At the very least, you pretend to be. I can understand ignorance, heck even the occasional flip flopping, it happens to everyone, but you....well anyone who has entered into a drawn out argument with you understands how I feel. so I pretend to be dumb by being proven right...ok I'll take that. I'm friggin glad the hulk-thor debate at least is finally settled, you used to get me heated when you were too stubborn to accept what was manifestly clear to unbiased fans.

Rage.Of.Olympus
so...are you saying the rain drops weighed tons or something because they're magical? eek!

Right on cue.

Mocking what happened doesn't change the comic. This isn't some sort of anomaly, Thor's weather manipulation is both natural and supernatural. It always has been. He has never been limited by mother nature.

Gecko4lif
He has never been limited by mother nature.
Who ironically is his mother

Starscream M
Thor's weather manipulation goes beyond the constraints of what nature is typically capable of. One of the perks of being a God of Thunder, I'm sure.

The guy can create wind and lightning in space without any kind of atmosphere.

My god, Starscream, it's common knowledge that Thor's weather manipulation transcends what's natural or logical by normal standards. And yes, the fact that he's a god and said effects could be cited as "magic" or "mystical" in cases is entirely plausible given the fact that Thor shits on science day in and day out. so are you saying those magical rain drops weighed tons each? is that seriously what you're implying?

Rage.Of.Olympus
so I pretend to be dumb by being proven right...ok I'll take that. I'm friggin glad the hulk-thor debate at least is finally settled, you used to get me heated when you were too stubborn to accept what was manifestly clear to unbiased fans.

Also, the debate is far from settled. Hulk hit a high point with Pak but everyone realizes that this won't last.

Starscream M
Right on cue.

Mocking what happened doesn't change the comic. This isn't some sort of anomaly, Thor's weather manipulation is both natural and supernatural. It always has been. He has never been limited by mother nature. you can't just label it supernatural and then assign it whatever properties you wish

thor's lighting is still lightning, his winds are still winds...they're not somehow vastly different from the natural phenomenon

JakeTheBank
so are you saying those magical rain drops weighed tons each? is that seriously what you're implying?

If that makes you feel better, sure. I don't give a flying phuck.

Thor's lightning has damaged high end cosmic entities. I'm pretty sure "normal" lightning would have no such effect. Thor's winds have effected people who can fly through hurricanes without much effort and are typically immune to the side effects of flying supersonic and above.

The fact of the matter is Thor can manipulate weather and it can range from merely effecting the natural order of things or by taking it to an extreme level far beyond anything meteorologists would deem scientifically possible....which has happened so many times in comics it's not even funny.

no expression

Gecko4lif
you can't just label it supernatural and then assign it whatever properties you wish

thor's lighting is still lightning, his winds are still winds...they're not somehow vastly different from the natural phenomenon
Magic doesnt have to make sense

Its magic.

Leave your butthurt at the door.

Rage.Of.Olympus
you can't just label it supernatural and then assign it whatever properties you wish

This doesn't have anything to do with me. I'm telling you what comics have made abundantly clear, this isn't stuff I'm making up. Thor's weather manipulation has always been beyond the limits of mother nature.

facepalm

JakeTheBank

facepalm

Starscream M
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Magic doesnt have to make sense

Its magic.

Leave your butthurt at the door. so then thor can win any debate fight by incurring 'magic'...which is bs. since there is no bounds on this magic, or logic.

jalek moye

..you're seriously arguing that every Thor magic lightning showing is pis?

Starscream M
This doesn't have anything to do with me. I'm telling you what comics have made abundantly clear, this isn't stuff I'm making up. Thor's weather manipulation has always been beyond the limits of mother nature.

facepalm so thor's 'magic' basically excuses what is otherwise PIS

you can have magic as a power, but it still has limits or defined boundaries.

JakeTheBank
so then thor can win any debate fight by incurring 'magic'...which is bs. since there is no bounds on this magic, or logic.

WTF.

No, that's not true at all.

It's like you almost try to be obtuse.

His powers aren't limited by science or logic or the natural order of things like Storm, and even she pushes the envelope from time to time.

The comics state this, numerous times at that.

Starscream M
Originally posted by jalek moye
..you're seriously arguing that every Thor magic lightning showing is pis? no, thats not at all what Im arguing. but his magic still has to make sense.

him creating raindrops that can stop or slow down hulk really makes absolutely no sense...and I wonder what shitty writer would write that.

Starscream M
WTF.

No, that's not true at all.

It's like you almost try to be obtuse.

His powers aren't limited by science or logic or the natural order of things like Storm, and even she pushes the envelope from time to time.

The comics state this, numerous times at that. so whats the limit of his weather powers. I don't remember his weather powers being ever brought up as a game-changer in other thor vs threads

JakeTheBank
so thor's 'magic' basically excuses what is otherwise PIS

Thor has limits and defined boundaries. erm

JakeTheBank
so whats the limit of his weather powers. I don't remember his weather powers being ever brought up as a game-changer in other thor vs threads

Extremely high end based on his highest/best feats.

That's either untrue or because you, like others, seem to think that Thor will just use Mjolnir as a club and ignore his showings, which are plentiful, of him summoning storms and thunder.

I mean, c'mon, "dooder".

He's the God of Thunder. That title alone should clue you in on what constitutes his powers and abilities, let alone his actual on panel feats.

At the end of the day, his storms and weather powers have effected heralds and beyond. That much is indisputable and trying to do so is trolling at its finest.

Gecko4lif

Its defined by what has been shown and what has been shown is hulk getting bitched

http://d.imagehost.org/0425/Deal_With_It_Kirby.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus

facepalm

Even in the context of the natural, he goes beyond the boundaries of the physical:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorAllStormsHis.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorAllStormsHis2.jpg

no, thats not at all what Im arguing. but his magic still has to make sense.

him creating raindrops that can stop or slow down hulk really makes absolutely no sense...and I wonder what shitty writer would write that.

This was written by a huge Hulk fanboy by the way.

Damborgson
no, thats not at all what Im arguing. but his magic still has to make sense.

him creating raindrops that can stop or slow down hulk really makes absolutely no sense...and I wonder what shitty writer would write that. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk2mfhIa8D1qjq9u9o1_500.jpg

Raptor22
learn how to spell "you're" before casting insinuations regarding intelligence. he spelled it right. "You're" is the conjunction for you are. Ie. You're wrong. (Meaning: you are wrong) As opposed to "your" which is the past/possessive form of you. Ie. Your correction of his spelling was wrong. I know you're from Canada but come on.
also Thor wins.

Mindset
Actually, it should have been "you're", but who cares?

Raptor22
I just re-read it and he was right. Sory wilderness for besmerching the good name of both u and your country.

Mindset
Rage is canadian too, so no need to apologize.

Rage.Of.Olympus
learn how to spell "you're" before casting insinuations regarding intelligence.

Most of drank some of that stupid water. Didn't pay attention, f*cking Canada.

But seriously, what you said was retarded.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Mindset
Rage is canadian too, so no need to apologize. I appreciate your kind words but I was kind of a d*ck about it and wrong. I can accept that

gogogadgetgo
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd89/ils411/for%20sale/06.jpg

Starscream M
lol good one

but it looks like logan held back as well or thor would've died

logan punches thor's back rather than stabbing him...mercy was shown by both

D-Block
lol good one

logan punches thor's back rather than stabbing him...mercy was shown by both I doubt Thor would Die if he stabbed him in the back.

Starscream M
Originally posted by D-Block
I doubt Thor would Die if he stabbed him in the back. well, those claws would've completely punctured thor's lungs....he may not die, but I doubt he'd be able to fight with holes in his lungs

Rage.Of.Olympus
lol good one

logan punches thor's back rather than stabbing him...mercy was shown by both

Not this shit again.

Logan didn't punch Thor, he stabbed him.

This shouldn't even be debatable. Not only are the motion lines indicating a stabbing motion, Logan used the exact tactic in the beginning, Thor simply doesn't hear him in time.

I'm definitely tracking down Tieri. It's annoying, and Skrank admitted that if he did stab him, this comic won't count anymore because it'll be PIS.

Starscream M
rage, this point is not debatable. its very clear (indicated by the VERY next panel) that logan's claws were NOT out

if they were, he would've punctured thor's lungs.

Damborgson

I'm definitely tracking down Tieri. It's annoying, and Skrank admitted that if he did stab him, this comic won't count anymore because it'll be PIS. wtf? laughing out loud If wolverine somehow failed to significantly hurt Thor with a stab then the comic becomes invalid? I'm taking advantage of this stupidity. When ever Thor fails hurt a character below skyfather with his attacks I call PIS.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Damborgson
wtf? laughing out loud If wolverine somehow failed to significantly hurt Thor with a stab then the comic becomes invalid? I'm taking advantage of this stupidity. When ever Thor fails hurt a character below skyfather with his attacks I call PIS. srank has a point though

if somehow the writer did intend logan to stab thor in that scene (which i doubt btw), then thor should've been debilitated and pretty much worthless for the rest of the fight

Rage.Of.Olympus
All of the injuries were minor the entire fight (One worse than others) and Thor directly commented on his thick skin being the reason for the minimal damage.

If Logan did stab Thor, it confirms this statement (You shouldn't need it), and the entire glancing swipe argument is destroyed.

In Skrank's head, if Thor proved resistant due to his innate durability, it's automatically PIS. How can you even debate with someone with such a stance?

rage, this point is not debatable. its very clear (indicated by the VERY next panel) that logan's claws were NOT out

if they were, he would've punctured thor's lungs.

Unfortunately, this reasoning is destroyed in the previous pages. I've told you this before. You should start writing shit down.

Not really.

Damborgson
srank has a point though

if somehow the writer did intend logan to stab thor in that scene (which i doubt btw), then thor should've been debilitated and pretty much worthless for the rest of the fight

He does not.

Why would you doubt it though? The motion lines that came down when Wolverine attacked Thor should be evidence enough that those were not just his fists. Also Thor yelled out in pain when he was hit. Thor taken harder blows without complaining. Had it been a stab though then yeah he has every reason to be in pain. But even when Thor took a direct slash to the face by wolverine he only had small superficial cuts. So I dont think its out of the question that he could take being stabbed without Wolverine necessarily driving his claws right through him.

Sr J-Bieb
If Logan managed to hurt Thor with punches then the whole scene is pis. laughing out loud

The amount of brain not being used is astounding.

Starscream M
thor wasn't hurt...he was merely shocked/annoyed imo

Parmaniac
but it looks like logan held back as well or thor would've died Logan thought he was fighting Sabretooth, his archenemy that he already killed once. He wasn't holding back at all.

Sr J-Bieb
thor wasn't hurt...he was merely shocked/annoyed imo Why is your opinion better than Rage's then?

Oh ya, who do I think I'm talking to? It's brucey, you don't have to make sense.

zeel
logan is a dead duck.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Logan thought he was fighting Sabretooth, his archenemy that he already killed once. He wasn't holding back at all. his claws were not out regardless of his mental state...the scan shows that.

Parmaniac
his claws were not out regardless of his mental state...the scan shows that. I'm not commenting the scan, I commenting your statement that he held back.

As for the thread I can see Logan getting wins, considering the ring turns someone into a herald level being. Thor would need to take him out fast and keep his distance otherwise he's dead meat. Who gets the majority? IDK or better said I don't really wanna side here.

Rage.Of.Olympus
his claws were not out regardless of his mental state...the scan shows that.

I already addressed this.

JakeTheBank
This thread's reached critical mass a long time ago.

Silent Master
Thor wins.

JayDaDon
He does not.

Why would you doubt it though? The motion lines that came down when Wolverine attacked Thor should be evidence enough that those were not just his fists. Also Thor yelled out in pain when he was hit. Thor taken harder blows without complaining. Had it been a stab though then yeah he has every reason to be in pain. But even when Thor took a direct slash to the face by wolverine he only had small superficial cuts. So I dont think its out of the question that he could take being stabbed without Wolverine necessarily driving his claws right through him.

Can I swing a different way of looking at that scan at you guys? That noise Thor made looked more to me like a sound you make when you're extremely annoyed. Like more of a, "aaaargh! I'm done with this bulls#it!" than a scream of pain. If you look at those two panels he goes, "aaaargh! Enough!" which is basically the same thing.

cdtm
We're still arguing whether it was a punch or claws?

Has Wolverine ever, EVER, hurt a character on Thor's level with fists? Or even attempted attacking a brick with his bare hands?

Ever?

srankmissingnin
http://www.lolwtfcomics.com/upload/uploads/1316828548.jpg

Another delusional troll thread where Wolverine obviously stomps yet the mods leave open for some baffling reason? Yeah, that's a check.

I once met an insane man at a party who told me that rich Jews orchestrated the holocaust and framed Hitler, and that guy's believes are reasonable relative to the bullshit insanity that comes out of the mouths of Rage and cdtm. cool

Starscream M
srank, rage is still arguing that wolverine had his claws out when he landed on thor's back....despite a panel later showing he obviously never had his claws out. had his claws been out, thor would've been mortally wounded as logan's claws would've punctured through thor's back into his lungs

Damborgson
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Another delusional troll thread where Wolverine obviously stomps yet the mods leave open for some baffling reason? Yeah, that's a check.

Obviously. I mean Thor's already basically a slow a chump to Wolvy so adding the red lantern ring makes this spite. Amirite?

Rage.Of.Olympus
srank, rage is still arguing that wolverine had his claws out when he landed on thor's back....despite a panel later showing he obviously never had his claws out. had his claws been out, thor would've been mortally wounded as logan's claws would've punctured through thor's back into his lungs

The motion lines indicate a stabbing motion, and Logan tried a similar tactic to stab Thor from behind at the very beginning. It's pretty clear what happened imo but whatever.

I've told you many times why that reasoning is non conclusive. Also, Thor's Asgardian skin is almost certainly too thick for that to happen.

This won't go anywhere, I'm going to ask the guy directly somehow.

srankmissingnin

Yes I'm quite aware that Rage is completely insane and fully content with ignoring the detials that have been explained to him ad nauseum for several years now.

Obviously. I mean Thor's already basically a slow a chump to Wolvy so adding the red lantern ring makes this spite. Amirite?

If the Red Lantern ring gave Wolverine no extra abilities other than a force field powered by his rage and flight, those abilities coupled with his healing factor would still be more then enough to net a win the vast majority of the time.

srankmissingnin
The motion lines indicate a stabbing motion, and Logan tried a similar tactic to stab Thor from behind at the very beginning. It's pretty clear what happened imo but whatever.

I've told you many times why that reasoning is faulty and non conclusive. Also, Thor's Asgardian skin is almost certainly to thick for that to happen.

This won't go anywhere, I'm going to ask the guy directly somehow.

All the motion lines indicate is that his arms were swung in a downwards arc from above his head. He jumped with his hands raised, and then brought his arms down to grab a hold of his target. Simple.

He was holding his side and in pain from a glancing incision across his oblique. If Wolverine had stabbed him through the torso and punctured both his lungs with six foot long claws... Thor would have been instantly incapacitated. Use your head. Please.

Starscream M

I've told you many times why that reasoning is non conclusive. Also, Thor's Asgardian skin is almost certainly too thick for that to happen.

This won't go anywhere, I'm going to ask the guy directly somehow. you're going against common sense to reach your conclusion

answer me this, why in the very next panel as thor knocks logan off are his claws NOT out?

OneDumbG0
you're going against common sense to reach your conclusion

answer me this, why in the very next panel as thor knocks logan off are his claws NOT out? The same reason Wolverine retracts his claws after having slashed Thor from the bottom left panel to the top right panel:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsWolverine02.jpg

No reason at all, I'd wager.

Rage.Of.Olympus
All the motion lines indicate is that his arms were swung in a downwards arc from above his head. He jumped with his hands raised, and then brought his arms down to grab a hold of his target. Simple.

He was holding his side and in pain from a glancing incision across his oblique. If Wolverine had stabbed him through the torso and punctured both his lungs with six foot long claws... Thor would have been instantly incapacitated. Use your head. Please.
you're going against common sense to reach your conclusion

answer me this, why in the very next panel as thor knocks logan off are his claws NOT out?

We've done this dance before, I'm not going to waste time anytime. I'll attempt to contact the writer first thing tomorrow. That will settle things one way or another.

It's non conclusive Starscream because of what happened in the previous page:
http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/?action=view&current=wolvie_thor4.jpg

Logan's claws were out and then retracted when he was put in the air immediately. It's not the first comic to do portray it that way.

Starscream M
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
The same reason Wolverine retracts his claws after having slashed Thor from the bottom left panel to the top right panel:

No reason at all, I'd wager. and do you notice the blood spurts as logan is slicing at thor?

yet if he lands on thor's back with those claws and momentum, there isn't any blood spurt...that proves that he didnt have his claws out

Rage.Of.Olympus
and do you notice the blood spurts as logan is slicing at thor?

yet if he lands on thor's back with those claws and momentum, there isn't any blood spurt...that proves that he didnt have his claws out

Pretty sure those are motion lines or what have you which are the same as the one:
http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/?action=view&current=wolvie_thor5.jpg

Starscream M
hmmm you may be right...this artist has a nontraditional way of depicting motion lines

OneDumbG0
and do you notice the blood spurts as logan is slicing at thor?

yet if he lands on thor's back with those claws and momentum, there isn't any blood spurt...that proves that he didnt have his claws out I'd imagine that if there were blood spurts, they'd go downward from a downward slash to the back... and that would be obscured by Thor facing us. Stop forcing me to talk down to you as if you were in kindergarten.

JakeTheBank
If the Red Lantern ring gave Wolverine no extra abilities other than a force field powered by his rage and flight, those abilities coupled with his healing factor would still be more then enough to net a win the vast majority of the time.

Lmao.

What Red Lantern's force fields are enough to stop Thor?

-Pr-
Lmao.

What Red Lantern's force fields are enough to stop Thor?

None, but this is Srank.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-
None, but this is Srank.

Unfortunately.

It would be great if people actually knew about the amp in question they're saying gives Logan the overwhelming majority instead of making inane shit up. But yet and still we keep hearing about these great force fields I've not seen in action and the mysterious and vague increase in stats that no one wants to quantify, either.

You could give Logan a Green Lantern power ring and he'd still get his shit kicked in by Thor.

Parmaniac
Red Lanterns have shields as in protective aura around their bodies like GLs.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Red Lanterns have shields as in protective aura around their bodies like GLs.

That in of itself isn't nearly enough to justify Wolverine being protected from what Thor can dish out. The claim it will protect him from Thor's various and numerous energy powers and weather manipulation is asinine. And it's sure as hell not enough to repel Thor's most powerful physical blows. And it's up to his supporters to cite some kind of on panel evidence from actual Red Lantern power ring usage concerning these "stat amps" that suddenly make Wolverine go from being clearly out of his weight class against Thor to being able to get a massive majority against him.

-Pr-
And to boot, Auto-shields don't exactly have the highest showings either.

JakeTheBank
thumb up

Hal's auto shields stopped a bullet from an ordinary hand gun, but he still felt the impact of the shot and it was enough to seriously rattle him for one example.

A GL, or really any Lantern's, best defense is an actual constructed shield or barrier of some kind, not their default auras. And Red Lanterns typically can't even make those kind of simple constructs due to, well, their rage overtaking them. And you're giving Logan this ring AND putting him in a beserker rage.

At absolute best, he'll fly around with the ring and spit fiery plasma, just like the vast majority of all Red Lanterns. He's not Atrocitus, Hal Jordan, or Guy the Great.

Mindset
Kyle has the only good autoshields.

Not surprising, ofc.

cdtm
And to boot, Auto-shields don't exactly have the highest showings either.

Eh? John Stewarts auto shields protected Martian Manhunter and himself from an entire that was converted to anti matter and tossed into a sun.

Hal's auto protected him and Superman from a 500 something megaton explosion, that even early 90's Superman would have felt (A nuke did mess up this era's Supes pretty badly..)

An unnamed, mook GL's autos repelled Doomsday.

They have variable showings like anything, but definitely have their share of high end stuff.

-Pr-
Originally posted by cdtm
Eh? John Stewarts auto shields protected Martian Manhunter and himself from an entire that was converted to anti matter and tossed into a sun.

Hal's auto protected him and Superman from a 500 something megaton explosion, that even early 90's Superman would have felt (A nuke did mess up this era's Supes pretty badly..)

An unnamed, mook GL's autos repelled Doomsday.

They have variable showings like anything, but definitely have their share of high end stuff.

Of course, but they have their share of the lower ones, and when you take out the named Lanterns, it starts to look very bad. Even if you don't, Jake's examples ring true.

I mean, sure, they can be good, but if they were really that good, GL's wouldn't need to make seperate shields, would they? I mean yeah, they do protect you reasonably well against bog standard people, but this is Thor.

cdtm
thumb up

Hal's auto shields stopped a bullet from an ordinary hand gun, but he still felt the impact of the shot and it was enough to seriously rattle him for one example.

Bullets just bounced off of Guys aura, in Reign of the Supermen. And was the only thing that kept Eradicator from taking his head off, and tank getting knocked across a city and through buildings.

The auras are why GL's can take attacks from Lobo or Black Adam and walk away bloody and bruised, instead of dead. If the Red Lantern rings have a comparable aura, that alone would make Logan much more formidable, since he can reasonably take class 100 punches now without PIS (And I do think it's PIS, or the Cap/Deadpool/Shang Chi/Mr. X/Anyone below Hulk fights would all be PIS themselves..)

JakeTheBank
Bullets just bounced off of Guys aura, in Reign of the Supermen. And was the only thing that kept Eradicator from taking his head off, and tank getting knocked across a city and through buildings.

The auras are why GL's can take attacks from Lobo or Black Adam and walk away bloody and bruised, instead of dead. If the Red Lantern rings have a comparable aura, that alone would make Logan much more formidable.

And they've also failed to stop far, far less without any issue. Case in point, they're variable as all hell and not nearly portrayed to be on a consistent level of formidability. Further more, auto-shields/auras <<<< manifested and conscious levels of defenses.

Secondly, if we start cherry picking and assigning any Lantern's feats as applicable to Red Lantern Wolverine, this debate becomes an ever bigger farce. There's no reason to assume Wolverine's durability becomes amped to a degree where he's able to easily shrug off blows from a non holding back Thor - though the deluded will argue he can anyway - let alone access the variety of abilities needed to put up a fight against Thor's vastly superior array of power and versatility as well as his ability to tag Logan with a Mjolnir toss far faster than what even Wolverine with flight would be capable of dodging.

cdtm
Wasn't really arguing whether a Red Lantern aura can compare with a GL aura, only with the notion that a GL aura wouldn't be much of an advantage.

And Thor has his low end feats, too. If you want to stick with low GL showings in your argument (The part of your argument I was responding to), I'm not the one doing the cherry picking, since board policy is discarding really low end stuff... ^_^

JakeTheBank
Wasn't really arguing whether a Red Lantern aura can compare with a GL aura, only with the notion that a GL aura wouldn't be much of an advantage.

And Thor has his low end feats, too. If you want to stick with low GL showings in your argument, I'm not the one doing the cherry picking, since board policy is discarding really low end stuff... ^_^

A GL aura would be an advantage until Thor drained the energy from the power ring. Mjolnir > Manhunters, after all.

Oh, I'm aware that Thor has his low end feats; it seems to be what most people think is the norm when they want to argue him against someone with "superspeed".

Hal's auto shields having trouble with bullets is from the current era of the Johns' Corps so it's a valid point. Without conscious defenses of some sorts, street level and low meta characters can hurt a GL nowadays. And high herald characters can barrel right through them. They'll survive, but without an actual defense that they're actively putting effort into, it's going to knock them for a loop.

If I was exclusively citing high end Thor feats, this fight would be spite.

Starscream M
jake, logan could withstand thor's normal blows even without the aura....the aura just gives his hf a chance to kick in. logan has fought hulk, a being more powerful than thor, and held his ground. so its not like he's completely out of thor's class in terms of durability.

and if logan gets one swipe across thor's face, the god of thunder will be blind...what then? thats far more likely than thor beating logan with rain.

abhilegend
LOL, not even the best of GLs can get a majority from Thor and Logan is getting majority from him with a Red lantern ring,WTH. What is the best showing of a red lantern aside from Atrocitus, huh. As for force fields, I haven't seen a single type of energy Mjolnir couldn't absorb and with the ease lanterns can get their rings depleted these days Mjolnir is the last thing they would want to face. Count in Thor's mentality against energy based characters like surfer, Quasar and many more, he pretty much curbstomps Wolverine. One instance of him helpless against Logan doesn't means we would count out all of his speed showings. He is not superman level speedster but that doesn't mean Wolverine can overwhelm him with his speed. I rate that instance with the same as Superman not able to touch Shadowdragon, Diana stalemating Slade, Spidey dancing around surfer and Daredevil defeating Ultron with his Billy club i.e totally retarded. Thor is a god, he doesn't fight some canadian midget with claws and looks helpless with his speed. I mean come on, this is the same guy who when insane took entire Infinity watch, has shook entire worlds with his blows, deadlocked an extremely enraged Hulk for an hour and has a hammer that is the biggest plot device in comics sans magic and power cosmic and people are giving majority to a guy with claws and some ring which does noting but vomit plasma and a good for nothing force field. What the f**k?

JakeTheBank
jake, logan could withstand thor's normal blows even without the aura....the aura just gives his hf a chance to kick in. logan has fought hulk, a being more powerful than thor, and held his ground. so its not like he's completely out of thor's class in terms of durability.

and if logan gets one swipe across thor's face, the god of thunder will be blind...what then? thats far more likely than thor beating logan with rain.

His normal trying to talk some sense into Logan while still having the frame of mind to hold back blows, yeah. You don't even know how much of a boost said aura will give him. More powerful than Thor? Stronger physically, once he gets pissed off enough. In terms of power output, versatility, the scope in which Thor can effect the battle field, definitely not. And Hulk held back, too.

He swiped Thor's face once. It gave him kitty scratches.

So you're going to assume Logan attacks first and critically wounds Thor before vice versa? You're the guy who refused to accept that Thor's powers transcends the laws of nature. He has more options outside of the rain you're attempting to write off as PIS or non-sensical. He can absorb the rage filled energies of Logan's ring, basically reducing him back to his normal state. He can hit him with lightning capable of damaging cosmic entities beyond what that little mutant can muster. He can hit with titanic class 100+ power at speeds far greater than light with a single Mjolnir toss. He can dump him into the heart of a star. He can omniblast Wolverine. He can make shields and whirlwinds capable of defending against every single possible attack Wolverine could possible throw at him.

Thor has so so many options in this fight. And it's still stuff he's done plenty of times in the comics, not just one off single instances of plot device powers or seldom used ones such as the God Blast.

You're essentially assuming Thor is going to stand there and let Logan fly at him and mess him up while assuming he won't bother to use his advantages against him while also assuming Logan will indefinitely tank everything he's hit with and heal easily at that.

Your scenario isn't likely. At all.

-Pr-

...This isn't going to be pretty.

JakeTheBank
...This isn't going to be pretty.

It wasn't.

-Pr-
It wasn't.

Was just about to say that lol.

JakeTheBank
I'm honestly flabbergasted by this thread, to be frank. Or well, more accurately, the idea that Wolverine gets a majority versus Thor with a Red Lantern ring, let alone some massive one.

Do people think a Red Lantern Wolverine would beat Superman? Or Silver Surfer? Or Hal Jordan? I hope to all that's good and holy that they wouldn't, but who the hell knows when Wolverithmatics are involved.

Threads like this are ridiculous because one of the following will happen:

A.) Giving a character an amp they've never used somehow translates into them using the amp on par with an "expert".

B.) People can't even be bothered to use actual on panel evidence of what said amp could feasibly give the character.

C.) People don't even know what the hell the amp does in the first place to begin with.

Starscream M
His normal trying to talk some sense into Logan while still having the frame of mind to hold back blows, yeah. You don't even know how much of a boost said aura will give him. More powerful than Thor? Stronger physically, once he gets pissed off enough. In terms of power output, versatility, the scope in which Thor can effect the battle field, definitely not. And Hulk held back, too.

He swiped Thor's face once. It gave him kitty scratches.

So you're going to assume Logan attacks first and critically wounds Thor before vice versa? You're the guy who refused to accept that Thor's powers transcends the laws of nature. He has more options outside of the rain you're attempting to write off as PIS or non-sensical. He can absorb the rage filled energies of Logan's ring, basically reducing him back to his normal state. He can hit him with lightning capable of damaging cosmic entities beyond what that little mutant can muster. He can hit with titanic class 100+ power at speeds far greater than light with a single Mjolnir toss. He can dump him into the heart of a star. He can omniblast Wolverine. He can make shields and whirlwinds capable of defending against every single possible attack Wolverine could possible throw at him.

Thor has so so many options in this fight. And it's still stuff he's done plenty of times in the comics, not just one off single instances of plot device powers or seldom used ones such as the God Blast.

You're essentially assuming Thor is going to stand there and let Logan fly at him and mess him up while assuming he won't bother to use his advantages against him while also assuming Logan will indefinitely tank everything he's hit with and heal easily at that.

Your scenario isn't likely. At all. is thor getting a brain transplant from Dr. Doom in your scenario?

thor is a brawler...he relishes getting in fisticuffs...and that'll be a costly mistake against a red lantern logan

sure, thor CAN be versatile...but he isn't going to use his versatility off the bat.

logan is ruthless and in berserker mode and will go for the blinding slash as his FIRST move, whereas thor will try to engage with the hammer melee as first option far before he tries any of the other fancy tactics....which unfortunately might be too late

Starscream M
...This isn't going to be pretty. yeah I'm ripping jake a new one smile

-Pr-
yeah I'm ripping jake a new one smile

Well when you get started, let me know.

JakeTheBank
is thor getting a brain transplant from Dr. Doom in your scenario?

thor is a brawler...he relishes getting in fisticuffs...and that'll be a costly mistake against a red lantern logan

sure, thor CAN be versatile...but he isn't going to use his versatility off the bat.

logan is ruthless and in berserker mode and will go for the blinding slash as his FIRST move, whereas thor will try to engage with the hammer melee as first option far before he tries any of the other fancy tactics....which unfortunately might be too late

Like I said, if I wanted to use exclusive High-End feats from Thor, this fight turns into a one sided beat down. Bringing Doom into this only further makes this a hilarious spite stomp. I'm sure Doom has more important things to do than to use Thor's power set to stomp that little midget into the ground. Also psssst...

Doom doesn't need Thor's powers to beat Red Lantern Wolverine for the majority either. No reason to handicap him, after all.

Yeah, Thor brawls often. It won't end pretty for any Lantern in a brawling situation against Thor barring Sodam Yat or Mon-El or something. Again, you're somehow grossly over exaggerating what a RL ring brings to the table, but that's not a surprise considering you've already displayed a heaping helping of general ignorance when it comes to the characters involved in this thread.

Thor's versatile, period. When the situation calls for it, he uses his powers. He has a history of invoking storms and utilizing Mjolnir against his enemies. Why wouldn't he against Wolverine? Because he'd then clearly beat his ass down into the dirt and it wouldn't be "fair"?

Seeing as you're far from the authority on Thor, I'd say you're wrong if you think Thor is just going to let Wolverine dictate the pace of the match. Hell, even if he goes melee, considering he wouldn't be holding back and Wolverine would be just as rational as he was in their previous "fight" (ie. not at all due to his beserker rage coupled with the Red Lantern ring's influence), Thor would still beat his brains in. You think Wolverine is going to be some cosmic ninja warrior with a power ring? Lol.

JakeTheBank
yeah I'm ripping jake a new one smile

Well when you get started, let me know.

http://belieber.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/2d2fvat.gif

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>