Battery will not charge!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

menokokoro
Okay, so the battery on my laptop will not charge, it says "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". At first I thought it was just a bad battery, so I bought a new one, it helped, but only because there was some charge in that battery when I got it, now both batteries are completely dry. Then I thought it was the adapter, so I plugged in a friends adapter for the exact same type of computer, it was different, it SAID it was charging, but it never actually did. Does anyone know anything that could explain what is going on? this is getting really annoying.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by menokokoro
Okay, so the battery on my laptop will not charge, it says "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". At first I thought it was just a bad battery, so I bought a new one, it helped, but only because there was some charge in that battery when I got it, now both batteries are completely dry. Then I thought it was the adapter, so I plugged in a friends adapter for the exact same type of computer, it was different, it SAID it was charging, but it never actually did. Does anyone know anything that could explain what is going on? this is getting really annoying.

No idea, but maybe it could be a driver that got messed up, so it's not registering that a charger is plugged in?

§P0oONY
Okay, so the battery on my laptop will not charge, it says "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". At first I thought it was just a bad battery, so I bought a new one, it helped, but only because there was some charge in that battery when I got it, now both batteries are completely dry. Then I thought it was the adapter, so I plugged in a friends adapter for the exact same type of computer, it was different, it SAID it was charging, but it never actually did. Does anyone know anything that could explain what is going on? this is getting really annoying. Couple of questions:

How old is your laptop?
What is its model?

menokokoro

Robtard
If you replaced the battery (and it wasn't a lemon) and you tried another power-box you know works, it's probably a bad charger-board.

Good thing, you can get one for under $50.00.

Bad thing, you have to open your computer to replace it.

Good thing, it's not soldered in, so it's just a matter of removing screws and whatnot.

part: http://njrefurbpc.com/magento/laptop-parts/dell-inspiron-1545-charger-power-board-48-4aq03-011.html

menokokoro
THANKYOU! I hope this works, I'll report back.

menokokoro
So, I FINALLY got that part...Still wont charge....ugh! and when I was finished I had 3 extra screws...I'm not very good at this computer fixing business...

Robtard
So, I FINALLY got that part...Still wont charge....ugh! and when I was finished I had 3 extra screws...I'm not very good at this computer fixing business...

Sorry to hear that. Can you send the part back, if the $$$ is worth the trouble.

menokokoro
Originally posted by Robtard
Sorry to hear that. Can you send the part back, if the $$$ is worth the trouble. I don't know, but I don't really care about that right now. Now that I know that it isn't the battery, it isn't the adapter, it isn't the charger board, it isn't the bios (just updated it)...I do not know what it could be. This is really pissing me off!

the ninjak
Dell

Well there you go.

menokokoro
Originally posted by the ninjak
Well there you go. Yep, figured that out a while ago....now, do you know how to fix it?

the ninjak
Nah sorry. Dell are the devil there is a reason why their products are sooo cheap.

menokokoro
Originally posted by the ninjak
Nah sorry. Dell are the devil there is a reason why their products are sooo cheap. Indeed, I can't wait till I've saved up for my new computer I built on newegg big grin

menokokoro
No one has any pointers!? Ugh! this problem doesn't seem to have a solution!

Major_Lexington
Sorry to raise an old thread but I have exactly the same issue, apparently its a system board issue. For me the charger is lit but once I plug it into the laptop it goes out. Motherboard has a short, the 1545 is notorious for this i hear. Been sitting in my drawer for a few months now.

menokokoro
My advice, (and what I'm doing). Get rid of your Intuos, build a new computer at newegg. It's going to be glorious!

hardwork
you can see cbattery.net for some help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.