Which 90's Marvel Hero could've Beaten DOS Doomsday?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
- Silver Surfer
- Thor
- Hulk
- Gladiator
- Hercules
- Beta Ray Bill
- Blackbolt

CosmicComet
All of em.

Starscream M
Originally posted by CosmicComet
All of em. in their 90's incarnations?

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Starscream M
in their 90's incarnations? 5 of them haven't changed. Surfer has gotten more powerful, and was still capable of taking Doomsday, and there were millions of different Hulk's during the 90's.

Bouboumaster
They would all do it, but Hercules.

Rage.Of.Olympus
In close combat, only Thor/Hulk.

Using all of their powers, Thor/Hulk/Bill/Surfer. Black Bolt if he uses his voice, not entirely sure about Gladiator.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Using all of their powers, Thor/Hulk/Bill/Surfer. Black Bolt if he uses his voice, not entirely sure about Gladiator.

thumb up

I honestly think Glads loses; Gladiators power level is based around his confidence and I think in a war of attrition, Glads belief in his ability to win would falter...

You gotta have alot of heart to beat DoS Doomsday as he can take an incredible amount of punishment...

shokosugi
ZERO

JakeTheBank
^ lol

Mindset
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
They would all do it, but Hercules. Hercules would do it.

JakeTheBank
Herc would make Doomsday his *****, let's get real.

TheHulk
All If Then can take him but some will lose the ones who win are Hulk,Thor And BlackBolt

Sin I AM
Originally posted by TheHulk
All If Then can take him but some will lose the ones who win are Hulk,Thor And BlackBolt

i cant comprehend this statement at all..........

anywho they all take it especially herc

Mindset
Originally posted by TheHulk
All of them can take him, but some will lose; the ones who win are: Hulk, Thor, and BlackBolt

Simbon
Originally posted by Sin I AM
i cant comprehend this statement at all..........

anywho they all take it especially herc

I think he was trying to say that all of them will beat him eventually, but that some will win while others will lose.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Simbon
I think he was trying to say that all of them will beat him eventually, but that some will win while others will lose.

which makes no sense if all of them beat him...how can they lose?

Mindset
They can put up a good fight, but they will lose.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Mindset
They can put up a good fight, but they will lose.

meh everyone of them would beat him

Simbon
meh everyone of them would beat him

Yes, but some of them would lose all the same.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Simbon
Yes, but some of them would lose all the same.

Mindset
meh everyone of them would beat him I'm not agreeing with him.

I'm telling you what he's saying.

Sin I AM
I'm not agreeing with him.

I'm telling you what he's saying.

i know that stick out tongue

Simbon
It's like my dad used to tell me: "It's not about winning or losing, son; it's about whether you beat the guy."

godking
- Silver Surfer
- Thor
- Hulk
- Gladiator
- Hercules
- Beta Ray Bill
- Blackbolt

From that list Thor and hulk are the only guys i would bet on to maybe beat DOS Doomsday and it would still be a close fight.

Hercules gets raped

I would not bet on Gladiator Beta ray bill and blackbolt to beat DOS Doomsday.

Eternal Idol
Captain Ultra could have, and soundly too.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/pictures/individuals/c_1d/captainultra.gif

h1a8
- Silver Surfer
- Thor
- Hulk
- Gladiator
- Hercules
- Beta Ray Bill
- Blackbolt

CIS off
Thor and BRB by bfr.

CIS on
none would beat him IMO.

Surfer, Thor, BRB, and Blackbolt would be stupid and let DD get too close and blitz him to death.

Hulk and Hercules would simply get blitzed to death whether they can help it or not.

Glads would be the biggest challenge and could possibly beat DD. But I see him losing confidence and underestimating DD in the beginning and losing.

Mindset
Ignoring almost everything else you said, SS can't bfr?

h1a8
Ignoring almost everything else you said, SS can't bfr?

I don't see how he can. How would a 90's surfer bfr DD?

Mindset
By teleporting him away or trapping him in his board.

h1a8
By teleporting him away or trapping him in his board.

I never seen SS teleport anyone or anything in my life. Please show me this.
I don't see how he can trap him in his board either, especially when DD can break free.

Mindset
Originally posted by h1a8
I never seen SS teleport anyone or anything in my life. Please show me this.
I don't see how he can trap him in his board either, especially when DD can break free. Then you've never even looked at the first page of his respect thread.

How is DD breaking free?

zopzop
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
They would all do it, but Hercules.

thumb up

I really don't see Herc doing that well against him at all. But I see Surfer and Thor r@ping that poor bastard. Black Bolt would have to be careful, if Doomsday got close (and he's fast enough to), BB is dead.

Mshinu
All of them can beat Doomsy for a majority, except maybe Black Bolt.

Sin I AM
one shout from BB is all he needs to rip DD a new a hole...if its immortal herc he does just as good as anyone else on the field..and savage hulk would take him too...BRB does jus as good as Thor...norrin should have no problem at all.

Starscream M
wow, everyone is either severely underestimating Doomsday or severely overestimating the marvel heroes

how is it the guy who killed superman will be defeated by every one of these marvel heroes (with no trouble according to some is laughable)

Bentley
Gladiator dies. Is this Matherson Thor? If so, he dies too.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Bentley
Gladiator dies. Is this Matherson Thor? If so, he dies too. not masterson thor....just thor from the 90s

what about the others?

Bentley
Nineties Herc dies. Thor and Surfer win a healthy majority. BB gets trashed. BRB may lose some, but he will win most of the time.

dmills
BB has beaten the Hulk and Glads in close combat a few times, but someone says he'd lose to dd in close combat while Hulk would win? How's that work?

D-Block
- Silver Surfer
- Thor
- Hulk
- Gladiator
- Hercules
- Beta Ray Bill
- Blackbolt

All of them

Bentley
Originally posted by dmills
BB has beaten the Hulk and Glads in close combat a few times, but someone says he'd lose to dd in close combat while Hulk would win? How's that work?

Healing Factor makes it so Hulk survives the first hits.

h1a8
Then you've never even looked at the first page of his respect thread.

How is DD breaking free?

SS never teleported anyone away in those scans. I don't see how Surfer is going to trap someone much bigger than the board that can resist matter manipulation. DD can break Surfer's board, so even if SS does trap him it would be no problem to break free.

Cogito
I think people are forgetting that before Superman eventually put him down, Doomsday completely no-sold the combined offensive might of the Justice League.

Granted, it was one of the weaker JL incarnations, but nonetheless impressive. There were some heavy hitters on that squad.

Just sayin'.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Cogito
I think people are forgetting that before Superman eventually put him down, Doomsday completely no-sold the combined offensive might of the Justice League.

Granted, it was one of the weaker JL incarnations, but nonetheless impressive. There were some heavy hitters on that squad.

Just sayin'.

Other than Wally, who on the team was a "heavy hitter"?

J'onn was mindraped into being Bloodwynd and I don't remember 90s Guy being as impressive as he is today.

Mindset
SS never teleported anyone away in those scans. I don't see how Surfer is going to trap someone much bigger than the board that can resist matter manipulation. DD can break Surfer's board, so even if SS does trap him it would be no problem to break free. http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7996/ffannual05silversurfer1tl0.jpg

He teleported himself.

Second part of your post is retarded.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
Other than Wally, who on the team was a "heavy hitter"?

J'onn was mindraped into being Bloodwynd and I don't remember 90s Guy being as impressive as he is today.

Uhm Maxima? confused The write down that was needed to job that poor woman out to DD was one of the most embarrassing moments in comics. FU DC.

h1a8
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7996/ffannual05silversurfer1tl0.jpg

He teleported himself.

Second part of your post is retarded. I know that. But that is irrelevant to what he can do to DD.

Second part isn't retarted since you must prove that SS can matter manipulate DD into the board when he is much larger than the board.

And you must prove that DD would be unable to break free even if he becomes trapped in the board.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by zopzop
Uhm Maxima? confused The write down that was needed to job that poor woman out to DD was one of the most embarrassing moments in comics. FU DC.

Right, Maxima.

But still, it's not like DD no-sold one of the JLA's heavier line ups, even if Wally and Maxima were no-sold.

Sin I AM

Second part isn't retarted since you must prove that SS can matter manipulate DD into the board when he is much larger than the board.

And you must prove that DD would be unable to break free even if he becomes trapped in the board.

lol

-Pr-
Right, Maxima.

But still, it's not like DD no-sold one of the JLA's heavier line ups, even if Wally and Maxima were no-sold.

When did Wally fight DOS DD?

Cogito
Originally posted by -Pr-

He didn't.

Mr.Mxyzptlk

That's what I'm trying to remember.

I have a copy of DoS right on my book shelf but I need to find the will power to fight the laziness to go get it. laughing

-Pr-
He didn't.

That's what I thought. I know he fought the Wars version, but I have no recollection of him being in DOS.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Yeah, I just re-read the entire trade (skimmed mostly).

Wally isn't in it (didn't think he was) and Doomsday never no-sold anything from Maxima.

He got uppercutted once and the comic cuts away before we see his reaction and then she throws him through a building somehow and he's back into the fight with Maxima and Superman like 3 panels later.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
He does no sell an energy assault from Superman, Guy, Bloodywnd/J'onn, Booster, and Fire though, but take it as you will

-Pr-
Superman was holding back, though. biscuits

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Superman was holding back, though. biscuits

No argument there, I'm just saying I don't see what Cogito was getting at.

No selling Booster, 90s Guy, Fire, Ice and Ted Kord isn't exactly something awe inspiring coming from a Superman level brick.

Cogito
No argument there, I'm just saying I don't see what Cogito was getting at.

No selling Booster, 90s Guy, Fire, Ice and Ted Kord isn't exactly something awe inspiring coming from a Superman level brick.

First, Superman was included there. Holding back though you may want him to be.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that 90s Guy was a joke. I don't know what Bloodwynd's feats are, but I know he's not a joke.

I didn't say DoS DD was a beast, I said to remember that he completely no-sold attacks from some of the more powerful DC characters at the time.

-Pr-
Then there's what he did before DOS...

Mr.Mxyzptlk
First, Superman was included there. Holding back though you may want him to be.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that 90s Guy was a joke. I don't know what Bloodwynd's feats are, but I know he's not a joke.

I didn't say DoS DD was a beast, I said to remember that he completely no-sold attacks from some of the more powerful DC characters at the time.

And your examples of "the more powerful DC characters at the time" are 90s Guy, Ted Kord, Booster Gold, Fire, Ice and Bloodwynd (who wasn't even Bloodwynd but J'onn J'onnz thinking he was Bloodwynd).

Doomsday only no sold Superman for the very beginning of that fight and then Superman began to start pulling out stops before stopping holding back entirely by the time the fight dragged itself to Metropolis.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Then there's what he did before DOS...

It's been a good while since I read most of Doomsday's history, but wasn't that stuff revealed/retconned in after the original DOS event?

Warning757
Originally posted by Bentley
Gladiator dies. Is this Matherson Thor? If so, he dies too. Heres the WRITERS take on gladiator. The guy is now used by a writer that knows his powerset. Gladiator at full confidence is now a FACT. Hes, in the same class as surfer and bill in power. ( superman is not, sorry )

Dan goes on to mention various teams, including the Avengers and JLA, and asks if there is a super team that can even stand up to them! He then goes on to say with this being such a powerful team - "just imagine the threats Andy and I are dreaming up to make this star cast worthwhile."

Wow! I hope Tom Brevoort and Dan DiDio read that one!

Be sure to head on over to Dan's Blog for more including mention of the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Rocket & Groot story which is the second part in a double sized issue of The Annihilators!

Regular readers of Cosmic Book News will know that I have been consistently saying that Quasar is, perhaps, the most powerful of all. Over at the Marvel Facebook page they asked that very question with a majority answering - the Silver Surfer! We know Wendell was forced to lose to the Sentinel of the Spaceways in the legendary Quasar #50 where Quasar saved the OmniVerse! Of course this doesn't leave out Gladiator who is as strong as he believes he is! Plus, what about everyone's favorite Korbinite - Beta Ray Bill! Last, but definitely not least, do not fall under the jurisdiction of Ronan or be prepared to feel the weigh of his gravel!

At the moment, the only weakness that I can see that The Annihilators have is to magic! They lack a Doctor Strange or Adam Warlock. And what do DnA give us right off the bat - the Dire Wraiths!

This is going to be a good one for sure! Look to Cosmic Book News in the future for your source of news and info on The Annihilators - which hits this March!

Warning757
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Using all of their powers, Thor/Hulk/Bill/Surfer. Black Bolt if he uses his voice, not entirely sure about Gladiator. All of them would beat him. Gladiator would do it the quickest. By the way... Did'nt superman beat thor in close combat but lost to DD?... Without his hammer, thor would lose hard to DD.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.