Darkseid and WWH tag-team Swamp Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Alright, I saw a thread over on comicvine that got me at least curious on whether or not standard Swamp Thing could beat standard Darkseid. From what I know of both my gut says to go with Swamp Thing, but I felt I might as well make a vs. over here since I'm bored. stick out tongue

Combatants

- Darkseid

World War Hulk

Swamp Thing

Battlefield

This versus fight takes place on a non-sentient replica of Mogo.

Stipulations

- Character Induced Stupidity is on, but the three characters do have a good reason to fight each other.

- Though Darkseid and WWH are on the same team they have no explicit reason to work in tandem with one another.

- Victory for Darkseid and WWH is declared if Swamp Thing takes longer than 10 minutes to regenerate his entire body or if Swamp Thing is forced to regrow his body more than 10,000 miles away.

- Victory for Swamp Thing is declared if either he KOes or kills both Darkseid and WWH.

- No BFR

McNasty996
Swamp Thing wins, he snatches their souls.

Uriel005
Sad because WWH and Darkseid really have very little to stop ST from regenerating from the fauna within their bodies... Also ST has soul attacks which rapes WWH if you want to argue that he is stronger than ST which I'd say his highly debateable considering iirc ST has tooled Superman in physical strength. Darkseid is only threat here and on a normal day I don't see DS beating ST.

ST for a good while was considered to be an embodiment of life. I just don't see him getting beaten here.

AlmightyKfish
Swampy methinks, they have no way to put him down for longer than a few seconds.

If the anti-matter wave couldn't do it, I can't imagine the OE would fare any better.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Which is why the win condition for the team isn't to KO or kill Swamp Thing.

But they can win if they force him to have to regenerate his body on essentially the other side of the planet (I assume that Mogo is several times larger than Earth and Earth is shy of 8,000 miles for its diameter) or off planet.

Their challenge is to survive the fight with Swamp Thing and force him to make a technical retreat.

tsscls
I could see a well written DS using his Omega Beams to trap ST's conciousness like he did to Hank Henshaw in Hunter/Prey. Hulk just stands around here.
DS 6/10 against Standard ST.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.