Team Wolverine vs. Team Vampire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
A few months back I made a thread concerning Wolverine going toe to toe with Blade in a few combat scenarios. The thread stretched for over ten pages and things ended up coming to a somewhat end/standstill until a new Wolverine/Blade fight was printed to give some more headway on the concept of the fight.

So, in the spirit of that old thread of mine, I've decided to re-invent the event but spice it up by turning it into a team fight.

Combatants

Team Wolverine

- James Howlett (Wolverine)

- Laura Kinney (X-23)

- Akihiro (Daken)

Team Vampire

- Eric Brooks (Blade)

- Lilith Drake

- Nina Pierce (Vampire by Night)

- Raizo Kodo

Battlefield

The fight takes place in the city of Rio at dusk. The city is completely deserted of all forms of life but the city is otherwise running at normal capacity.

Stipulations

- Character Induced Stupidity is on. Both teams though have good reason to work with one another and good reason not to backstab one another (looking at you Daken).

- Wolverine and Blade start the fight face to face in the center of the city. X-23, Lilith and Nina start the fight in the sewer system of Rio one mile away from each other (between X-23 and Lilith/Nina, not all 3). Daken and Raizo start the fight on the very edge of Rio city limits on opposite sides of the city.

- Combatants can not aid one another until after their opposite number has been defeated. Tandem fighting is allowed if two fights cross into each other and "castling" (switching opponents mid-combat) is allowed.

- Characters have only basic knowledge of one another unless they would already possess more than that on one another (like Blade having read Wolverine's S.H.I.E.L.D.) file.

- Most recent incarnations of the characters are to be used unless said recent incarnation is in the midst of a large power amp. Then most recent standard incarnation is used.

- Both sides are limited to their standard equipment and are not allowed any special one time items or any gear/items that they have lost or haven't shown use of multiple times in the recent past.

- For the sake of this thread and to prevent pages of argument over it: Yes, Wolverine does in fact have a Sphenoidale bone at the back of each eye socket like a human being is supposed to have. Yes, these bones are coated with Adamantium. No, you can't fire a bullet or stab a sword into Wolverine's brain. So no "phantom bone theory" arguments this time.

- Victory is declared by Death, Knockout (30 count), Surrender or reducing a combatant to a state that requires 5 minutes or more of down time to allow their healing factors to repair them to combat effective status. Alternatively, the fight ends at sunrise and the team with the most members still standing will be declared the victor.

- No Prep time has occurred prior to this fight.

- Please back up all claims with evidence. Don't just arbitrarily name drop one side as being the victor; you'll need to prove your opinion as valid.

- No BFR.

Bouboumaster
Team Wolverine, mainly because of, you know, Wolverine. He'll dispatch Blade rather quickly, and move on to kick some ass

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Team Wolverine, mainly because of, you know, Wolverine. He'll dispatch Blade rather quickly, and move on to kick some ass

What evidence are you basing your opinion upon that Wolverine would dispatch Blade soundly and swiftly enough to make the other two fights that will be going on a foregone conclusion?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
What evidence are you basing your opinion upon that Wolverine would dispatch Blade soundly and swiftly enough to make the other two fights that will be going on a foregone conclusion?

Because he's way more powerful that Blade?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Because he's way more powerful that Blade?

In what respects?

And can you provide evidence to support your claims?

juggernaut74
Raizo is one bad vamp from what I've seen.

juggernaut74
In what respects?

And can you provide evidence to support your claims?

Skills - Wolverine(maybe)
Speed - tie
Strength - tie
Healing - Wolverine
Stamina - tie

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Speed - tie
Strength - tie
Healing - Wolverine
Stamina - tie

More like:

Skills - Wolverine by a huge and virtually inconceivable margin
Speed - Wolverine
Strength - Wolverine
Healing - Wolverine
Stamina - Wolverine

If you can name a single Blade strength, speed or stamina feat on par with Wolverine's best, I will give you Battlehammer as your personal slave. cool

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

If you can name a single Blade strength, speed or stamina feat on par with Wolverine's best, I will give you Battlehammer as your personal slave. cool

I can't believe I'm old enough to know who you're talking about. embarrasment

Trackz
Speed - tie
Strength - tie
Healing - Wolverine
Stamina - tie

this is more or less true, although I'd say they were even in skill as well.

Team Vampire probably takes it due to Raizo though, he's several centuries old meaning he's an extremely powerful vampire (took Valkyrie twice in phsyical combat and had the upper hand) and if this is the lilith I'm thinking of, the team should stomp.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Trackz
if this is the lilith I'm thinking of, the team should stomp.

Dracula's Daughter.

srankmissingnin

Team Vampire probably takes it due to Raizo though, he's several centuries old meaning he's an extremely powerful vampire (took Valkyrie twice in phsyical combat and had the upper hand) and if this is the lilith I'm thinking of, the team should stomp.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luxtdlyrXx1r6ucu3o1_500.png

You are insane.

Trackz
Dracula's Daughter. oh nevermind I was thinking of the other lilith (who took on Captain Britain) I'll have to read up some more on this one.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
oh nevermind I was thinking of the other lilith (who took on Captain Britain) I'll have to read up some more on this one.

Oh no, that'd make this nearly spite if I did that.

juggernaut74

Team Vampire probably takes it due to Raizo though, he's several centuries old meaning he's an extremely powerful vampire (took Valkyrie twice in phsyical combat and had the upper hand) and if this is the lilith I'm thinking of, the team should stomp. Sounds rational.

Juk3n

If you can name a single Blade strength, speed or stamina feat on par with Wolverine's best..

Just because everyone seems to be ignoring this in favour of 'titles' like "blah is Draculs daughter" "blah is several centuries old". Feats or gtfo is the only way this game is played is it not? The above quote is the truth until anyone else can refute it. So..refute it..

Existere
Wolverine should effectively destroy Blade.

Even if you consider that match a write off however, the other members of Team Snikt should hold edges in their individual matches given the huge amounts of space placed between Laura/Daken and their opponents. I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe that the vamps can hunt or stealth on the level of the mutants.

Trackz
Raizo has been a vampire for centuries which has been shown to give vampires bullet timing speed and significant strength increases. He held his own against Valkyrie and had the upper hand.

Lilith probably hypnotizes X-23 and takes her down. She's not the conventional vampire at all. There's literally no way for any of the opponents listed to kill her since she's magically bonded to Dracula. As long as he lives, she does.

As much as people want to act like it Wolverine doesn't dismantle Blade. You may believe that he wins, however Blade does have feats the hold up to Wolverine and enough skill to hold his own. Raizo puts Daken down quickly and X-23 as well.

juggernaut74
Raizo would destroy X-23 and Daken imo.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Raizo would destroy X-23 and Daken imo.

Can you post any feats to support said opinion?

And Trackz, can you post feats showing that Lilith's immortality is quick enough to be relevant to her not being removed from the fight?

juggernaut74

And Trackz, can you post feats showing that Lilith's immortality is quick enough to be relevant to her not being removed from the fight? Tracks already stated his feats.

Trackz

And Trackz, can you post feats showing that Lilith's immortality is quick enough to be relevant to her not being removed from the fight? I mean the ONLY way she can be killed is by a stake to the heart. No one on team wolverine can manage that. Even then, as long as Dracula is alive her spirit will return. X-23 is severely outmatched and doesn't last very long at all, in all likeliness she gets hypnotized and turned loose on Daken or Wolverine.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Tracks already stated his feats.

Stating opinions =/= posting feats.

Posting feats is posting actual in comic scans that support claims concerning characters. And as I said in the stipulations for this thread in the OP, both sides need to do this. Name dropping or non-backed up claims will not suffice.

As before, I'm merely a facilitator for this fight and am not weighing in for either side.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
I mean the ONLY way she can be killed is by a stake to the heart. No one on team wolverine can manage that. Even then, as long as Dracula is alive her spirit will return. X-23 is severely outmatched and doesn't last very long at all, in all likeliness she gets hypnotized and turned loose on Daken or Wolverine.

Vampires have been killed through sufficient dismemberment of their bodies or total decapitation before. But if Lilith or Nina are not limited to such restrictions then please do post the scans showcasing this.

And both Nina and Lilith are superior in speed and skill to X-23? And if not then X-23 is sufficiently susceptible to the mental influence of either character to be turned on her allies? This is the claim you are making correct? Then I should hope to see scans that support these claims as I would also hope to see scans from the pro-Team Wolverine crowd to refute them.

Eternal Idol
As much as people want to act like it Wolverine doesn't dismantle Blade. You may believe that he wins, however Blade does have feats the hold up to Wolverine and enough skill to hold his own. Raizo puts Daken down quickly and X-23 as well.
Snikt, bub.

Wolverine ftw.

Trackz
Vampires have been killed through sufficient dismemberment of their bodies or total decapitation before. But if Lilith or Nina are not limited to such restrictions then please do post the scans showcasing this.

And both Nina and Lilith are superior in speed and skill to X-23? And if not then X-23 is sufficiently susceptible to the mental influence of either character to be turned on her allies? This is the claim you are making correct? Then I should hope to see scans that support these claims as I would also hope to see scans from the pro-Team Wolverine crowd to refute them. vampires have not been killed by severe dismemberment of their bodies. maybe you've seen instances of fledgling vampires dying this way but never full-on vampires. Especially not Lilith who has healed from dismemberment before. It's an up-hill battle for X-23...hell X-23 believes that Jubilee and unskilled and run-of-the-mill vampire is capable of killing her if she goes berserk. Nina and Lilith are leagues above her. Scans aren't necessary to prove points as I hope people would actually learn about all the characters involved before trying to make an argument.

X-23 is extremely susceptible to mental influence especially due to her berserker rage.

Trackz
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Snikt, bub.

Wolverine ftw. nevermind. he wins.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Scans aren't necessary to prove points as I hope people would actually learn about all the characters involved before trying to make an argument.

Sorry, scans or you have no case.

I set the stipulations as I have and will not accept someone's word at face value while I facilitate a thread such as this. Either on-panel evidence is provided or said debater has no actual evidence to support their platform and thus has no platform. I expect this of both sides of the debate.

Trackz
Sorry, scans or you have no case.

I set the stipulations as I have and will not accept someone's word at face value while I facilitate a thread such as this. Either on-panel evidence is provided or said debater has no actual evidence to support their platform and thus has no platform. I expect this of both sides of the debate. have fun with the thread then, sir.

Dum Dum Dugan

Oh really? Lets battle zone this then. because I would love for you to try and prove such nonsense.

Dum Dum Dugan
have fun with the thread then, sir.
cop out u chump. back ur claims up for once. but u wont u will run away like a child.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
cop out u chump. back ur claims up for once. but u wont u will run away like a child.

He's just jelly that Jubs has been a vampire for a year and she already has better feats than Blade. cool

Trackz
He's just jelly that Jubs has been a vampire for a year and she already has better feats than Blade. cool I mean you could make a Blade vs. Jubilee thread if you want.

I don't have time to scan feats for all of these characters and deal with certain fanboys who are more emotionally invested in these debates than they should be...especially since said debates always end up with warnings and/or topics getting locked.

Dum Dum Dugan
I mean you could make a Blade vs. Jubilee thread if you want.

I don't have time to scan feats for all of these characters and deal with certain fanboys who are more emotionally invested in these debates than they should be...especially since said debates always end up with warnings and/or topics getting locked.

cop out as usual. I work 55 hours a week go out and still have enough time to back my shit up. You can't back your claims we know it you know it. Your jsut digging your self a hole.

notice you ignore my request for a battlezone. as usual u make claims and yet when call to back them u run like a child.

Dum Dum Dugan
U dont have scans, uses issue numbers and titles. your excuses are laughable. Oh and I will look up every single issue u post, so if you do man up better not try and bullshit, because I will catch you and exposes u.

we all know u won't which u never do, which is why everything turns to bashing becuase u constantly make rediculous claims about vampires and never back them up yet continue to pretend your winning the debate. Frankly people can only stand so much bullshit, running away and idiocy.

juggernaut74
I mean you could make a Blade vs. Jubilee thread if you want.

I don't have time to scan feats for all of these characters and deal with certain fanboys who are more emotionally invested in these debates than they should be...especially since said debates always end up with warnings and/or topics getting locked. Blade would rape Jubilee.

srankmissingnin
Blade would rape Jubilee.

lawl

Vamp Jubs speed blitz his ass, she actually has speed feats.

juggernaut74
lawl

Vamp Jubs speed blitz his ass, she actually has speed feats. Really? I haven't been keeping up. What has she done as a vamp?

srankmissingnin
Really? I haven't been keeping up. What has she done as a vamp?

She was fast enough to keep up with Pixie's teleportation over large distances with her run speed. Also unlike Blade Jubs can go mist form.

juggernaut74
She was fast enough to keep up with Pixie's teleportation over large distances with her run speed. Also unlike Blade Jubs can go mist form. You have scans? Those are important according to the thread stipulations.

srankmissingnin
No sorry, I'm on an ipad.

FYI Jubilee isn't in this thread.

juggernaut74
No sorry, I'm on an ipad.

FYI Jubilee isn't in this thread. Did Jubes actually go mist?

srankmissingnin
Did Jubes actually go mist?

Yes but she doesn't have 100% control over it.

juggernaut74
Yes but she doesn't have 100% control over it. Maybe Blade can show her like he showed Spitfire how the healing factor works.

srankmissingnin
Maybe Blade can show her like he showed Spitfire how the healing factor works.

Maybe but the last time Blade saw Jubs he wanted to kill her.

juggernaut74
Maybe but the last time Blade saw Jubs he wanted to kill her. Can't really blame him. Why didn't he kill her? I haven't read that since it came out and it's been a year aleady.

srankmissingnin
Can't really blame him. Why didn't he kill her? I haven't read that since it came out and it's been a year aleady.

Wolverine made it clear that Blade would have to go through him to do it, so he took a hike instead.

juggernaut74
Wolverine made it clear that Blade would have to go through him to do it, so he took a hike instead. I thought Cyclops shot him in the back.

srankmissingnin
I thought Cyclops shot him in the back.

Cyc shot him in the back when Blade tried to attack Dracula, when they he had a truce with the X-Men.

juggernaut74
Cyc shot him in the back when Blade tried to attack Dracula, when they he had a truce with the X-Men. I need to look those scans up again. I always like Blade and Wolverine scenes.

juggernaut74
Wolverine made it clear that Blade would have to go through him to do it, so he took a hike instead. Not exactly correct. Blade didn't seem to worried about Logan, he just realized it wasn't worth it and she's their problem now. From what I hear in the upcoming X-Men issues Wolverine should have listened to him.

Originally posted by Creshosk
http://img842.imageshack.us/i/xmen60021.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/i/xmen60022.jpg

srankmissingnin
It's exactly what happened. Wolverine got in his way, they had a stare down and Blade backed down... he probably remembered how easily Wolverine beat him the last time they fought.

juggernaut74
Blade didn't look scared. Logan told him not to take that step and well he took that step.

srankmissingnin
He wanted to see if Wolverine was bluffing, so he tested him, then he immediately backed down and hightailed it off of Utopia.

juggernaut74
Interesting outake.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Sorry, I've been away from the site for the last few days. Family emergency and holidays and such.

Anyways;

Jubilee is not part of this fight and Issue numbers will suffice if scans can not be provided because of inability to scan them, lack of time to properly provide them, not feeling like doing, what have you.

What won't be accepted is simple word of mouth and face value defenses of platforms in this thread and I don't see why that seems to be such an issue.

Nearly every other thread on this subforum, where it isn't completely obvious who the winner is to most everyone who posts in it, will always have both sides of the debate end up posting feats and naming issues when the debate gets entrenched and heated enough. I'm simply just cutting out the time wasted by requiring it from the get go.

JayDaDon
Much as I love blade(even if most of that goodwill comes from his movies) Woverine has the feats. On a sidenote I really hate marvel's current design for blade. He looks like a gay biker with that mustache. And who the hell's idea was it to put those jacked up arrows on his head? Blade is supposed to look cool dammit! laughing

Trackz
Sorry, I've been away from the site for the last few days. Family emergency and holidays and such.

Anyways;

Jubilee is not part of this fight and Issue numbers will suffice if scans can not be provided because of inability to scan them, lack of time to properly provide them, not feeling like doing, what have you.

What won't be accepted is simple word of mouth and face value defenses of platforms in this thread and I don't see why that seems to be such an issue.

Nearly every other thread on this subforum, where it isn't completely obvious who the winner is to most everyone who posts in it, will always have both sides of the debate end up posting feats and naming issues when the debate gets entrenched and heated enough. I'm simply just cutting out the time wasted by requiring it from the get go.

I can do issue numbers, don't have time to scan these issues though which is what you were asking for initially.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
I can do issue numbers, don't have time to scan these issues though which is what you were asking for initially.

Yeah, my bad. I'm so used to folks being able to produce scans on here that it slipped my mind to mention that issue numbers would suffice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.