Warrior

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Good movie but I felt that it was just one long depressing movie. While the Fighter was depressing at times but also had funny and happy moments.

The Fighter is better but this still good.

7.5/10

Robtard
Watched it last night, thought it was meh/okay. Unoriginal story, unoriginal characters, okay acting and you could see the the plot(s) coming a mile away. +1 to the 80's montage-esque scenes though of the protagonist getting ready set to the back-drop of music.

The end was a little bit surprising, thought it'd play out different.

6/10

jhonebrin
I still haven't seen it yet but i would like to watch it very soon..

marwash22
the ending of this movie was terrible, the writer/director can eat a big bag of baby dicks.

inspectrhome
I watch that movie but i feel that this is very nice movie for those who wants watch out the action movies.

steverules_2
Tommy shoulda won erm Plus the ending made little sense...Tommy tapping means he forgives his brother?

juggerman
Originally posted by steverules_2
Tommy shoulda won erm Plus the ending made little sense...Tommy tapping means he forgives his brother?

The right guy won. How did the ending not make sense? He tapped partially because he forgave him. He forgave him because he finally saw how much his brother loved him and let go of all that anger and hate.

The other part of him tapping had to do with him being choked the f*** out stick out tongue

marwash22
how did the right guy win? Brendan was the right guy because he was a loser-burnout-failure who couldn't provide for his family? Tommy was a hero, he was honorable, loyal to his friend and took care of his dying mother... how was he the wrong guy? erm

The story would have had a better impact (and more believable ending) if Tommy had won and simply gave his brother the money to save his house as a sign of forgiveness.

marwash22
Also, they didn't even show whether or not the widow was helped in the end.

juggerman
Originally posted by marwash22
how did the right guy win? Brendan was the right guy because he was a loser-burnout-failure who couldn't provide for his family? Tommy was a hero, he was honorable, loyal to his friend and took care of his dying mother... how was he the wrong guy? erm

The story would have had a better impact (and more believable ending) if Tommy had won and simply gave his brother the money to save his house as a sign of forgiveness.

Everyone has hard times especially in this economy so why does the guy hafta be a "loser-burnout-failure"? I'm sure millions of Americans can relate to his situation.

Tommy on the other hand was a disgraced Marine, a drugie, and a toolbag. I get why he was a dick to his brother and father but seriously he can't even look at pics of his family? The kids didn't do anything wrong. Plus he was cheating with his cheap shots and sucker punches. Some hero.

They didn't need the entire prize money to get outta debt and with Tommy and "older brother" squashing the beef it's very likely the window got her help after all.

EDIT: If it were vice versa and Tommy won he would have left his own family to rot. It is unlikely the older bro will leave the woman hanging.

marwash22
the "loser-burnout-failure" portion of the comment was only in reference to his UFC career.

Tommy was a hero in the military... his actions in the cage had nothing to do with it.

If your older brother chose a random chick over you and your mother, you wouldn't be a tad bit bitter? It was the first time he had seen Brendan in years, he didn't even think of him as family, so why would he wanna see pictures of his kids, it's logical.

juggerman
Originally posted by marwash22
the "loser-burnout-failure" portion of the comment was only in reference to his UFC career.

Tommy was a hero in the military... his actions in the cage had nothing to do with it.

If your older brother chose a random chick over you and your mother, you wouldn't be a tad bit bitter? It was the first time he had seen Brendan in years, he didn't even think of him as family, so why would he wanna see pictures of his kids, it's logical.

Oh ok then. But didn't he quit for his wife? I'll go back and check but i'm pretty sure she made him quit because she was afraid. Would make him a quitter more than a failure

Actually he wasn't a hero according to the military. He was a deserter. A disgrace. A coward. Whether it was true or not it was how the military technically viewed him

Me personally? No. But like i said earlier i do understand his point but you can be angry/bitter without acting like a giant baby. And it's not like Brendan knew what was going on with them and it wasn't some random girl. Brendan could logically be equally pissed/bitter that Tommy is attempting to stop him from helping his family over "some guy he knew in the Marines" yet Brendan acted as a rational adult and still loved his brother unconditionally and tried to make amends. Hell he even almost quit the fight cuz he didn't wanna hurt his brother any more. The same brother that took so much glee in pounding his face off and cheap shotted him.

Still seems like the right guy won to me but hey everyone is entitled to their own. I just respectfully disagree smile

steverules_2
He quit cause of his wife and kids, she didn't want the kids seeing their dad beaten up or whatever

Plus Tommy was a dick to his dad sure but when his dad got drunk he stepped up and helped him out, although it was his fault his dad went off the rails

I'd also like to point out that Tommy didn't know that Brendan had financial problems, not once in the movie did I see him go 'Oh Tommy by the way I'm doing this cause I'm poor and I could get kicked outta the house.' And I don't think Brendan knew that Tommy wanted to help the wife of his dead friend.

juggerman
I thought so.

Yeah.

They didn't know about eachother's woes because Tommy was unwilling to even speak to Brendon about anything personal. If Tommy had won it's likely he would have just given the money to the lady leaving Brendon and fam shitless. Brendon didn't really seem like the type to ask for hand outs so i doubt he would have tried to get Tommy to help when they were barely talking.

The way it went tho makes the chances of the women getting help much higher than Brendon getting help if Tommy won

Major_Lexington
The Tom Hardy flick? (Hadn't heard of it til now)

juggerman
Originally posted by Major_Lexington
The Tom Hardy flick? (Hadn't heard of it til now)

You should check it out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.