Thor vs the entire High Meta Tier...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Thor is in Full Warriors Madness, has his Belt of Strength eqipped, and is wearing his Argardian Battle Armor...

Fight to the Death or KO...no BFR...who wins?

Gecko4lif
Thors starts merking niggas

zopzop
Where is the High Meta Tier list? I want to see who is on it before I comment.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Where is the High Meta Tier list? I want to see who is on it before I comment.

Abomination, Adam Strange, Aquaman, Ares (Marvel), Atlas, Aurora, Batman 1 Million, Battalion (Jackson King), Blastaar, Blob, Captain Britain, Captain Marvel Jr, Colossus, Death's Head II, Donna Troy, Emma Frost, Ghost Rider II, Grim Reaper, Guardian I, Havok, Hellstrike, Hercules (Mortal), Holocaust, The Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Iron-Man, Jean Grey (sans Phoenix), Jenny Sparks, Juggernaut (Depowered), Kang, Karate Kid, Living Laser, Mandarin, Mary Marvel, Maul, Mercer Drake, Metallo, Mimic (Exiles), Miss Martian, Mr. Fantastic, Mr. Sinister, Namor the Sub-Mariner, Nightshade, Nimrod, Northstar, Ocean Master, Osiris, Pitt, Polaris, Power Girl, Psylocke, Radioactive Man, Sand, Sasquatch, Shassa, She-Hulk, Starfire, Storm, Supernova, Temugin, The Thing, Thunderstrike, The Tick, Ulik, Ultimo, Vision, War Machine, Wonder Man, Zzaxx

JakeTheBank
Their best bet is psychic assault, but considering the state of Thor's mind in Warrior's Madness, that's going to be difficult. Also, and yes, I know KMC tiers are far from official, several of those people aren't High Meta's, at least not anymore.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Their best bet is psychic assault, but considering the state of Thor's mind in Warrior's Madness, that's going to be difficult. Also, and yes, I know KMC tiers are far from official, several of those people aren't High Meta's, at least not anymore.

Very true...

Current Colossus isnt a High Meta and I certainly dont consider Ulik a High Meta either...

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Very true...

Current Colossus isnt a High Meta and I certainly dont consider Ulik a High Meta either...

Or Iron Man, Power Girl, Mary Marvel, Namor, Donna Troy, etc.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
I'm amused Tick is on that list.

"Spooooon!"

Cogito
There's a number of people on that list who would give Thor trouble. Not individually necessarily, but together for sure.

Thor is hard pressed to win.

dmills
Supernova at high meta? Please God I hope they weren't talking about Garthan Saal.

Mshinu
Thor gets raped.

Bentley
Kang solos.

Kang is no longer considered a high meta though, I campaigned for about a year to make him low herald uhuh

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Cogito
There's a number of people on that list who would give Thor trouble. Not individually necessarily, but together for sure.

Thor is hard pressed to win.

But would any of those characters pose a challenge to Thor at x20 strength with amped durability?

I mean who here isnt one-shot-killed by Thor in such a state?

Nimrod, perhaps, as he can reconstruct from powder, but 99% of these guys as dead as soon as Thor gets to them...

JakeTheBank
But would any of those characters pose a challenge to Thor at x20 strength with amped durability?

Yes.

Quite a few of them can attack Thor through means outside of conventional damage which he can outright tank or block with Mjolnir.

If Thor starts off the fight with a crazed Mjolnir throw or massive thunderbolt, a good deal of them are outright phucked from the beginning. If he charges in and attacks them single file, there's a window of opportunity for them to bring him down.

TheLordofMurder
Yes.

Quite a few of them can attack Thor through means outside of conventional damage which he can outright tank or block with Mjolnir.

If Thor starts off the fight with a crazed Mjolnir throw or massive thunderbolt, a good deal of them are outright phucked from the beginning. If he charges in and attacks them single file, there's a window of opportunity for them to bring him down.

I can definitely agree with that...

thumb up

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Bentley
Kang solos.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7900/2z3qpm1.jpg http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/6720/42wgqoo.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/charlie-murphy-laugh_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7900/2z3qpm1.jpg http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/6720/42wgqoo.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/charlie-murphy-laugh_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

thumb up

psycho gundam
lest we forget

dmills
Originally posted by psycho gundam

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/owned-xavier.jpg

zopzop
Abomination, Adam Strange, Aquaman, Ares (Marvel), Atlas, Aurora, Batman 1 Million, Battalion (Jackson King), Blastaar, Blob, Captain Britain, Captain Marvel Jr, Colossus, Death's Head II, Donna Troy, Emma Frost, Ghost Rider II, Grim Reaper, Guardian I, Havok, Hellstrike, Hercules (Mortal), Holocaust, The Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Iron-Man, Jean Grey (sans Phoenix), Jenny Sparks, Juggernaut (Depowered), Kang, Karate Kid, Living Laser, Mandarin, Mary Marvel, Maul, Mercer Drake, Metallo, Mimic (Exiles), Miss Martian, Mr. Fantastic, Mr. Sinister, Namor the Sub-Mariner, Nightshade, Nimrod, Northstar, Ocean Master, Osiris, Pitt, Polaris, Power Girl, Psylocke, Radioactive Man, Sand, Sasquatch, Shassa, She-Hulk, Starfire, Storm, Supernova, Temugin, The Thing, Thunderstrike, The Tick, Ulik, Ultimo, Vision, War Machine, Wonder Man, Zzaxx

Then he dies. PIS and CIS off, there's so much crap this team can pull with their powers it isn't even funny.

Polaris/Jean/IW/Nimrod shield the team. Emma attempts mental manip. IW blinds him by making his optic nerve invisible or Jean telekinetically slams his eyelids and earlobes shut (she's done this before by the way). Now he's blind and deaf. All the while the team is kept in constant contact because the the TP Jean or Emma or Psylocke bring to the field. Storm attempts to undo any weather effects the blind/deaf Thor summons (even if she fails she's still fighting him for control). Mary, Power Girl, Namor, Wonder Man, Starfire pound his ass while shielded by the previous four mentioned. Then Donna Troy lassos him. Now the fight is over. And this is assuming they fight in character (for example IW just doesn't expand an invisible force field in his head and explodes it).

Bentley
One guy cannot throw a Kang joke without PG jumping in around here stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
The real question is whether or not the team will be able to formulate a strategy such as this before Thor unleashes the first attack, which will likely decimate a great deal of the team.

zopzop
The real question is whether or not the team will be able to formulate a strategy such as this before Thor unleashes the first attack, which will likely decimate a great deal of the team.

The OP didn't say how the fight starts. Thanks to telepathy they can form a strategy fairly quickly and each member will be aware of it instantaneously. I also just noticed Thunderstrike in there, now they have an additional option of absorbing blasts that Thor hurls at them thanks to him. While they are shielded by Polaris/IW/Jean/Nimrod and Thor is blind and deaf thanks to either Jean or IW and he's being pounded on by multiple CL100 bricks (some who can speed blitz) the Vision can phase into his chest (or head) and KO or kill him.

They have so many options it's ridiculous. I think this team can take out anything short of a skyfather.

Q99
That's hilariously out of date! big grin Dire need of a re-do.

*Power Girl*? Mid-herald easy. Maybe element-vulnerability PG would be like that... Nimrod? Herald. Mary Marvel? Herald. Miss Martian. Donna and Iron Man got upgrades since then too.

zopzop
Originally posted by Q99
Miss Martian

Another one I missed! And Ultimo to? Yeah, Thor is toast.

Bentley
To be fair, he did pick one old list.

TheLordofMurder
The OP didn't say how the fight starts. Thanks to telepathy they can form a strategy fairly quickly and each member will be aware of it instantaneously. I also just noticed Thunderstrike in there, now they have an additional option of absorbing blasts that Thor hurls at them thanks to him. While they are shielded by Polaris/IW/Jean/Nimrod and Thor is blind and deaf thanks to either Jean or IW and he's being pounded on by multiple CL100 bricks (some who can speed blitz) the Vision can phase into his chest (or head) and KO or kill him.

They have so many options it's ridiculous. I think this team can take out anything short of a skyfather.

Standard forum rules; PIS off...CIS on....ready, go, fight....no prep for either side.

In this case, though, Thor is blood lusted and the team is not; although the team is trying to defeat Thor, they will fight in character...

Edit: without prep, there is no way they automatically fight as a perfect, coherent, unit; you cant assume that every member of the team will automatically follow any order given to them either...

zopzop
Standard forum rules; PIS off...CIS on....ready, go, fight....no prep for either side.

In this case, though, Thor is blood lusted and the team is not; although the team is trying to defeat Thor, they will fight in character...

Edit: without prep, there is no way they automatically fight as a perfect, coherent, unit; you cant assume that every member of the team will automatically follow any order given to them either...

PIS is off? Then he dies. Sure he takes out a good chunk of them but he dies every single time.

TheLordofMurder
PIS is off? Then he dies. Sure he takes out a good chunk of them but he dies every single time.

That is a very real possibility...

Do you think anyone here can physically harm him with his battle armor on though? It was good enough to protect from from the blows of the Midgard Serpent (when his bones were brittle as a result of Hela's curse)...

The Midgard Serpent surely strikes with far more force than anyone here can...

Bentley
CIS off? Kang truly solos.

zopzop
That is a very real possibility...

Do you think anyone here can physically harm him with his battle armor on though? It was good enough to protect from from the blows of the Midgard Serpent (when his bones were brittle as a result of Hela's curse)...

The Midgard Serpent surely strikes with far more force than anyone here can...

Nah, don't forget the Midgard Serpent and Thor are prophecized to kill each other so that factors into anything they do.

Ultimo himself knocked Mjolnir out of the air and it dropped to the ground. Thor had to run to it before he turned back into Donald Blake. If he did it once, I see no reason why he couldn't do it again. Plus since he's a robot he has no fear of death or injury. If anything, I see him absorbing the initial punishment from Thor while the rest gather their senses and form a plan. Don't forget some here have already met/faced Thor and they have a general knowledge of his power set. Plus the ones I mentioned in my strategy are heroes and they would have no problems taking orders from each other to put down a threat on the level of a mad God. Then the fight is pretty much over.

zopzop
Originally posted by Bentley
CIS off? Kang truly solos.

He said PIS off, CIS ON. stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
The Midgard Serpent is still massively powerful, prophecy or no...

zopzop
The Midgard Serpent is still massively powerful, prophecy or no...

Aside from Thor, who he's prophesied to kill and die at the hands of, who or what has the Serpent faced off against? And has he won?

Bentley
He said PIS off, CIS ON. stick out tongue

Me and my hopeful thinking sad

DarkSaint85

They DO have Batman 1 Million on their side....

DarkSaint85
Then he dies. PIS and CIS off, there's so much crap this team can pull with their powers it isn't even funny.

Polaris/Jean/IW/Nimrod shield the team. Emma attempts mental manip. IW blinds him by making his optic nerve invisible or Jean telekinetically slams his eyelids and earlobes shut (she's done this before by the way). Now he's blind and deaf. All the while the team is kept in constant contact because the the TP Jean or Emma or Psylocke bring to the field. Storm attempts to undo any weather effects the blind/deaf Thor summons (even if she fails she's still fighting him for control). Mary, Power Girl, Namor, Wonder Man, Starfire pound his ass while shielded by the previous four mentioned. Then Donna Troy lassos him. Now the fight is over. And this is assuming they fight in character (for example IW just doesn't expand an invisible force field in his head and explodes it).

Plus, any electrical attacks are negated by Zzaxx and Jenny Sparks. They have strategists in Adam Strange, Batman, Battalion, the Mandarin and Mr Sinister. Mr Fantastic creates a doohickey out of the available tech. Karate Kid disarms Thor, then kicks him in the face.

Once the fliers (Cap Britain, Cap Marvel, Donna, Mary, Miss Martian, Namor, Osiris, PG, Wonderman) wrestle him to the ground (blind/deaf/mind-raped and unable to summon lightning) the other bricks (Abomination, Ares, Atlas, Blastaar, Juggy, Maul, Metallo, Sasquatch, She-Hulk, Thing) join in.

And this is without the exotic powers like Hercules with his mystical crap, Ghost Rider, Sand, Nightshade, Holocaust etc.

I am going to plump for the High Metas.

Scoobless

That's a lot of guys.

anyone who isn't a high class flyer will be disabled by the largest storm in human history, low dubrability guys will be furked by debris and windshear.

Thunderstrike is a liability, Thor disarms him and adds the mace to his own gear.

Tech guys are taken out out by EMP ... think Thor has done that before to IM.

belt of strength means most bricks can be easily one or two shotted, battle armour means it'll take someone stronger than anyone here to give him a serious hurting from h2h combat.

a lot of them will shit themselves and become useless when he starts knocking heads off of shoulders...

That said, I'm still not sure he can take it due to the numbers advantage.

also, Kang dies first.

stick out tongue

dmills
Damn I just noticed Shassa was in there. That changes things. Yeah, I think the metas win due to numbers and versatility. But by the time its over they'll feel like they've lost.

JayDaDon
Wow reed's there?! He pulls a gizmo outta his pocket and wraps up the fight quick. shifty

Mr.Mxyzptlk
I mean who here isnt one-shot-killed by Thor in such a state?

Nimrod, perhaps, as he can reconstruct from powder, but 99% of these guys as dead as soon as Thor gets to them...

I'd put good money on Tick surviving the first blow honestly. He is a low end Toonforcer some of the time when it comes to his durability.

DarkSaint85
Plus, martian and vision being intangible....

abhilegend
Thor dies.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Do the power ups stack LOM?

dmills
Hmmm. I think having two sigil bearers in the mix who coincidentally "just happen" to be the two sigil bearers best equipped to counter what Thor brings to the table really swings this in the metas favor. That damn armor though...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by dmills
Hmmm. I think having two sigil bearers in the mix who coincidentally "just happen" to be the two sigil bearers best equipped to counter what Thor brings to the table really swings this in the metas favor. That damn armor though...

Who are you referring to out of curiousity?

It better be some indirect shit or a mental attack because attempting to overpower or just batter Thor down in this state whether or not the power ups stack would be an incredibly horrible idea. He'll be tearing through these guys like Superboy Prime vs. Green Lanterns.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Do the power ups stack LOM?

Definitely...

I see no reason why they wouldnt; Thor is at x20 strength and has greatly increased durability here...

dmills
Who are you referring to out of curiousity?

It better be some indirect shit or a mental attack because attempting to overpower or just batter Thor down in this state whether or not the power ups stack would be an incredibly horrible idea. He'll be tearing through these guys like Superboy Prime vs. Green Lanterns.

Drake and Shassa.

Drake's sigil grants him the power to overcome any obstacle to get an object of desire. Usually he just needed to take shyte by force, so it usually just gave him super strength and invulnerability sufficient to get it done. But it'll give him other abilities such as flight if need be to get what he wants.

Shassa's sigil gives her the power to absorb the physical attributes of her opponent. If she's fighting a speedster for example her speed will increase to match his. If she's fighting someone with powerful Tk, she won't get tk, but she'll draw power from that person to become strong enough to overcome their tk. Same for anyone with super strength, durability etc.

Physically, I'd wager that they'd be able to come close to matching him. It's his other abilities that'll be the problem. It's one thing to match him physically. It's quite another when he can call on wind from a million worlds or some shyte.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Drake and Shassa.

Drake's sigil grants him the power to overcome any obstacle to get an object of desire. Usually he just needed to take shyte by force, so it just gives him super strength and invulnerability sufficient to get it done. But it'll give him other abilities such as flight if need be to get what he wants.

Shassa's sigil gives her the power to absorb the physical attributes of her opponent. If she's fighting a speedster for example her speed will increase to match his. If she's fighting someone with powerful Tk, she won't get tk, but she'll draw power from that person to become strong enough to overcome their tk. Same for anyone with super strength, durability etc.

Physically, I'd wager that they'd be able to come close to matching him. It's his other abilities that'll be the problem. It's one thing to match him physically. It's quite another when he can call on wind from a million worlds or some shyte.

Are those the pair from Cross Gen?

What's the strongest Drake has been able to get? What's the most powerful character that Shassa's been able to match?

According to LOM his power ups stack so they'll have to have a pretty insane power set.

dmills
Are those the pair from Cross Gen?

What's the strongest Drake has been able to get? What's the most powerful character that Shassa's been able to match?

According to LOM his power ups stack so they'll have to have a pretty insane power set.

Honestly man its been so long since I've read that series. Endless Mike -who did the respect thread- or Q99 would know better then me. Iirc the sigils drew power from latent cosmic energies, but the problem was that the pair spent most of the series underpowered due to the physics of the negation universe being radically different from the "normal" universe. So by the time that they had adjusted to the chaotic energies of the negation universe the series got canceled. But even with that I remember being impressed that even while weakened they were still able punch far beyond their weight class. Shassa was able to absolutely embarrass a solid low-mid herald (Evenlia) and later on she was the only sigil bearer able to physically give a solid HH-trans (Qtzr) problems until he figured out how her powers worked. Drake as well, again all while not at full power.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Honestly man its been so long since I've read that series. Endless Mike -who did the respect thread- or Q99 would know better then me. Iirc the sigils drew power from latent cosmic energies, but the problem was that the pair spent most of the series underpowered due to the physics of the negation universe being radically different from the "normal" universe. So by the time that they had adjusted to the chaotic energies of the negation universe the series got canceled. But even with that I remember being impressed that even while weakened they were still able punch far beyond their weight class. Shassa was able to absolutely embarrass a solid low-mid herald (Evenlia) and later on she was the only sigil bearer able to physically give a solid HH-trans (Qtzr) problems until he figured out how her powers worked. Drake as well, again all while not at full power.

I have no idea who Evenlia or Qtzr so yea....

dmills
Here you can see her break out of Qtzr's tk and try to fight him. He figures out how her powers work.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/negation816masstkparaly.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/638/negation817qztrvsshassa.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/340/negation818qztrvsshassa.jpg/

Shassa embarrassing goddess Evenlia

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/9030/negation710shassavsevin.jpg
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3545/negation711shassavsevin.jpg
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4568/negation715shassavsevin.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5079/negation716shassavsevin.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8/negation717shassavsevin.jpg
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4200/negation718shassavsevin.jpg
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9701/negation719shassavsevin.jpg

dmills
I have no idea who Evenlia or Qtzr so yea....

Rough equivalents. Hmm... For Evenlia think perhaps full power Maxima. Actually no. Evenlia's got just about every power under the sun. She destroyed a planet just by having sex ("shared" feat lol). For Qtzr think... Hmmm... Perhaps Void but more sadistic. Far more sadistic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't know how accurate those comparisons are as I haven't read up on either characters but from those scans she seems to be able to drain an opponents power to amp her own although it seems to have a limit.

I'm not sure how effective she'll be against Thor but with the amount of power he'll be wielding here, his Qtzr's level. Higher. Still one of the more dangerous opponents.

Her usefulness is further hampered by the fact that Thor has a weapon like Mjolnir.

dmills
I don't know how accurate those comparisons are as I haven't read up on either characters but from those scans she seems to be able to drain an opponents power to amp her own although it seems to have a limit.

I'm not sure how effective she'll be against Thor but with the amount of power he'll be wielding here, his Qtzr's level. Higher. Still one of the more dangerous opponents.

Her usefulness is further hampered by the fact that Thor has a weapon like Mjolnir.

Well she had a limit in *negation space*. The sigils were made to function at maximum efficiency in their own positive universe. No telling what her true limit was, but given the fact that they were created to fight Negation generals and lawbringers, some of whom are powerful enough to destroy planets with the proverbial point of a finger, and kill people with a thought across interstellar distances (yeah, space cheese galore) I'm quite sure that Thor with some extra muscle isn't it.

You're right about that. She can only swag jack physical attributes. So even *if* she can match him physically, she can't match everything he brings to the table, which is why he's arguably the best of the best. Not to mention that the absorption doesn't seem to have any negative effects on her opponents. It only increases her own abilities.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well she had a limit in *negation space*. The sigils were made to function at maximum efficiency in their own positive universe. No telling what her true limit was, but given the fact that they were created to fight Negation generals and lawbringers, some of whom are powerful enough to destroy planets with the proverbial point of a finger, and kill people with a thought across interstellar distances (yeah, space cheese galore) I'm quite sure that Thor with some extra muscle isn't it.

Thor has a 20x strength increase. Just try and wrap your head around someone like him having that big of an amp and no notion of restraint. I personally have trouble with it. He should kill the entire lot with a thunderclap.

You're right about that. She can only swag jack physical attributes. So even *if* she can match him physically, she can't match everything he brings to the table, which is why he's arguably the best of the best. Not to mention that the absorption doesn't seem to have any negative effects on her opponents. It only increases her own abilities.

Fair enough.

Scoobless
they were created to fight Negation generals and lawbringers, some of whom are powerful enough to destroy planets with the proverbial point of a finger, and kill people with a thought across interstellar distances

sounds like they are in the wrong tier.....

embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.