Magneto runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mshinu
How far can the Master of Magnetism get?

Fully healed between rounds. No BFR.
Scenario: Unbreakable copy of earth, fight starts in north american mountains.

1: Warpath (with flight)
2: Miss Marvel
3: Storm
4: Iron Man
5: Namor
6: Power Girl
7: Guy Gardner
8: Beta Ray Bill
9: Shaman Nate Grey
10: Franklin Richards

Bentley
If he knows about PG's weakness or if she can manipulate her inner sunlight, then he goes up to Guy...

's butt.

Only to be stomped by Horseface.

Q99
Stops at PG.

akhenaten
Originally posted by Q99
Stops at PG.

Magneto wont be stopping at PG 13 , he is M after all wink

Bouboumaster
PG and above stomp him.

Naija boy
Stops at brb

JakeTheBank
Stops at Guy.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Stops at Guy. lol now I see why you gave thor the win...you really think very little of Magneto

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
lol now I see why you gave thor the win...you really think very little of Magneto

Magneto losing to a top tier Green Lantern isn't me thinking little of him. What, do you think Magneto clears this or something?

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Magneto losing to a top tier Green Lantern isn't me thinking little of him. What, do you think Magneto clears this or something? I think he has issues at #9, but he gets through the first 8 definitively imo

abhilegend
Magneto is not beating a top tier green lantern or BRB for a majority. I think PG can stop him, split there.

Cogito
I think he has issues at #9, but he gets through the first 8 definitively imo

laughing

Splits PG at best.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Let's not get crazy here.

Magneto would beat Power Girl, I could see him taking a majority over even Superman. He's incredibly powerful and his ability to manipulate energy as we've seen can really f*ck with a Kryptonian. Magnus is crazy skilled when it comes to this type of stuff.

Anyways, if he gets past Guy, I'd say he stops at Bill and/or Shaman.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Let's not get crazy here.

Magneto would beat Power Girl, I could see him taking a majority over even Superman. He's incredibly powerful and his ability to manipulate energy as we've seen can really f*ck with a Kryptonian. Magnus is crazy skilled when it comes to this type of stuff.

Anyways, if he gets past Guy, I'd say he stops at Bill and/or Shaman. If this works on kryptonians it would also work on Lanterns me thinks.

abhilegend
^Let's not go crazy here. Eric can take 6/10 over PG but he isn't beating superman for a majority. He is not beating Guy here.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Magneto beating Superman for a majority is a very real possibility. At least if he discovers that his mostly powered by energy which he almost certainly will as he has the ability to see it. You can make an argument either way but you should acknowledge that evidence exists for either outcome.

The female Polaris for example really messed up Superman and so did Triumph, both posses the ability to manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum. If he starts messing with his energy, I think he'd get the win, if not Superman wins.

Clark takes 5-6/10 imo because he has shown that he could overcome odds, even weakness related ones. He is Superman after all.

Originally posted by Parmaniac
If this works on kryptonians it would also work on Lanterns me thinks.

Polaris has f*cked with Green Lanterns a few times, he once prevented Hal from even using his ring and I'm pretty sure Doctor Light has controlled Kyle's constructs themselves, in the end kicking his ass. I mention those instances because Magneto is like a partial Polaris/Doctor Light mesh.

That being said, Doctor Light is usually a retard due to the mind wipe and Hal has defeated Polaris by overloading him with power or some shit etc. I'd have to dig up their fights to judge their overall respective records.

I think he could beat an elite Green Lantern, some probably think differently, neither opinion is completely off base.

abhilegend
When did I say magneto can't win against Kal, just he can't take a majority against him. Triumph didn't do anything against superman, Kal saying he is going to die if triumph absorbed his energy is also false as he has been totally depowered in final night and many times more and we saw superman punching down triumph anyway. Polaris incident is tricky because superman was not fighting him and superman recovered pretty much instantly from what polaris did to him. I give superman 6-6.5/10 against magnus. It's not a knock down on Eric, after all it's superman.

Enzeru
I don't think he can get past Power Girl. He may be able to react much faster then regular humans, but that would still not be enough to take on someone like Power Girl who has the clear speed advantage and her speed combined with her strenght should get past his shields rather quickly, if she speedblitzes him.
I know, she isn't doing it that often, but still - that's the way how she could easily take the fight. And I don't think Magneto could manipulate the iron in her body, since I see her being way too durable for something like that. I could be wrong though.

Cogito
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The female Polaris for example really messed up Superman and so did Triumph

Triumph you say? mmm

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/TriumphThumb.jpg

awecreepjam

srankmissingnin
Theoretically shouldn't Magneto's control over the electromagnetic spectrum give him pretty much unimpeded control over Lantern constructs?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
When did I say magneto can't win against Kal, just he can't take a majority against him. Triumph didn't do anything against superman, Kal saying he is going to die if triumph absorbed his energy is also false as he has been totally depowered in final night and many times more and we saw superman punching down triumph anyway. Polaris incident is tricky because superman was not fighting him and superman recovered pretty much instantly from what polaris did to him. I give superman 6-6.5/10 against magnus. It's not a knock down on Eric, after all it's superman.

Fair enough. Just to be clear, Magneto can take the majority, I just think Superman's the safer bet.

Here's their entire fight, Triumph was beating him using his energy manipulation, that much isn't debatable imo:
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8632/jla03108.th.jpghttp://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6901/jla03114.th.jpghttp://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4558/jla03115.th.jpghttp://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6815/jla03116.th.jpg

The only reason Superman was able to down Triumph is because John was able to intervene. It's not false, at best it's inconsistent with what's come before.

When "Repulse" bent the electromagnetic spectrum around Superman and rendered him blind, he didn't recover instantly, he relied on his hearing:
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5548/actioncomics827page19.th.jpghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8219/actioncomics827page20.th.jpghttp://img856.imageshack.us/img856/9343/actioncomics827page21.th.jpghttp://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2373/actioncomics827page22.th.jpghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/936/actioncomics828page04.th.jpg

And Polaris was able to momentarily down Superman using his powers.

Superman's vulnerable to energy manipulation and Magneto is extremely skilled at it, I'd favor him if he stuck to that type if indirect approach. If you doubt his skill at it, he was able to f*ck up Proteus and countless other examples.

Whatever, I agree with you, Superman edges out the majority.

Cogito
To be clear, I wasn't saying that Superman owned Triumph, I just love that page as one of the great "oh shit" moments in comics.

I agree with you regarding Superman though. Triumph has control over the electromagnetic spectrum like Magneto, but he also has Superman level stats to boot.

I'm concerned with whether Magneto can maintain his shields while a Kryptonian beats down on him and siphon energy at the same time. Does anyone know of any similar feats of his?

-Pr-
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Theoretically shouldn't Magneto's control over the electromagnetic spectrum give him pretty much unimpeded control over Lantern constructs?

That's assuming you consider the emotional spectrum to be part of the electromagnetic one.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
That's assuming you consider the emotional spectrum to be part of the electromagnetic one. even if it isn't....mags would still have control over most light constructs

-Pr-
even if it isn't....mags would still have control over most light constructs

Krona tried the same thing.

Starscream M
Krona tried the same thing. not familiar with krona, does he possess Magneto's level of energy control?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Cogito
To be clear, I wasn't saying that Superman owned Triumph, I just love that page as one of the great "oh shit" moments in comics.

I agree with you regarding Superman though. Triumph has control over the electromagnetic spectrum like Magneto, but he also has Superman level stats to boot.

I'm concerned with whether Magneto can maintain his shields while a Kryptonian beats down on him and siphon energy at the same time. Does anyone know of any similar feats of his?

Multitasking while having a force field up? That's like Magneto's signature move. The latest most impressive showing of such is when he moved that -moon sized- planet shattering bullet from across the Galaxy at light speed while preventing any and all physical/mental contact. That was Fraction's old man Magneto too.

You can also try checking his respect thread (If you can't, I'll find some showings) you won't find a Kryptonian specifically but there are plenty of instances of him fending off powerful forces. Magneto is often facing teams of characters. Also, if Magneto decides to mess with Superman's energies, I don't think he'll be in a position to mount a significant enough offensive to break Magneto's concentration if he ever could.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=417866&pagenumber=18

Scroll down and you'll find some recent feats. The second last page also has his recent Celestial feat.

Existere
Yeah, I pretty much concur with everything Rage has said. I don't really see an argument for Power Girl to take Magneto out, regardless of how you see a fight going down between him and Clark.

It's a lot harder for me to pick a side in a fight between Magneto and either Guy or Bill, as the latter two by default pack more power, as well as the in-theory capacity to actually overcome Mags' shields, energy manipulations, etc... but then, on average Magneto gives me the impression that he controls his (and sometimes, other peoples) powers with greater acuity, and has a demonstrated ability to take it to people as powerful as Guy and Bill, so, meh.

Shaman Nate definitively stops him.

Starscream M
yep, I think Magneto's extreme competency must be factored as a huge advantage against any of his opponents. Its not just raw power but also how you use it.

-Pr-
not familiar with krona, does he possess Magneto's level of energy control?

Krona was an ex-guardian who could control oan energy by thought alone. Hal overpowered him, however briefly.

--

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm of the opinion that GL energy isn't that easy to manipulate unless you have some specific counter for it (like a Manhunter battery for example).

I can see PG giving Magneto trouble, even getting a few wins from him. I suppose he'd take the majority though. Guy is a different story though, and I'd think Guy has a definite chance of taking a majority.

Sin I AM
Krona was an ex-guardian who could control oan energy by thought alone. Hal overpowered him, however briefly.

--

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm of the opinion that GL energy isn't that easy to manipulate unless you have some specific counter for it (like a Manhunter battery for example).

I can see PG giving Magneto trouble, even getting a few wins from him. I suppose he'd take the majority though. Guy is a different story though, and I'd think Guy has a definite chance of taking a majority.

do u believe erik is a step below elite lanterns

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
do u believe erik is a step below elite lanterns

Like Hal? Yes.

Not a huge step, but a step nonetheless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.