Thanos vs Bor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
WHo wins?

carver9
Good fight, I'm giving this to bor though.

Endless Mike
If Thor could beat him, Thanos can

Gecko4lif
Thanos does have a portion of the odinforce

And thor never hit thanos so hard he broke mjolnir

Rage.Of.Olympus
Bor would win in a contest of raw strength/power.

Starscream M
Originally posted by carver9
Good fight, I'm giving this to bor though. why? bor wasn't that impressive

Philosophía
Bor. Because he could have killed classic Thor in one hit. Not even Odin or the Celestials did that.

Ergo Bor stomps.

Starscream M

Gecko4lif

Philosophía
Originally posted by Starscream M
are you serious or being facetious? I'm dead serious.

He withstood attacks from an angry Odin and Celestials. Yet Bor could one-shot him.

Odin was bitching Thanos around with his attacks. That clearly means Bor would make Thanos his punching bag.

Rage.Of.Olympus
are you serious or being facetious?

Seeing as it's Philo, it's the latter.

Starscream M

Colossus-Big C
thonos isnt hurting bor

bor>enchanted uru>caps shield>celestial armor>adamntium> everything else in the universe

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
thonos isnt hurting bor

bor>enchanted uru>caps shield>celestial armor>adamntium> everything else in the universe Epic fail

Celestial armor should be above all that.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Epic fail

Celestial armor should be above all that.

Except where thor shattered it right?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Except where thor shattered it right? So celestial armor has been broken by(to my knowledge)2 things

1: Thor
2: HOTU

Doesn't that seem a little wrong to you?That even something like IG never broke it but thor has....

Colossus-Big C
beyonder
and the the thing also broke celestial armor
the latter comic never was published though

Philosophía
thats comparing thor from different decades...where different writers portrayed him vastly different power levels.

also, its not proven bor could oneshot him...thor's statement was most likely hyperbole, which is quite common in comics. That's still canon. Don't confuse Marvel with DC, they didn't have a COIE to restart everything.

You can't prove Thor's statement was hyperbole. In fact, since the scene put a further emphasis on Thor using the Odin Force being the reason he's capable of competing, makes it unlikely.

Classic Thor has taken blasts from out-for-the-kill Odin repeatedly, aswell as Celestials, yet he clearly states that if not for him posessing the Odin Force, Bor would have killed him in one shot. That puts Bor on an offensive level that Thanos can't compete, in any shape or form.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Haha. Philo has been converted.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
thonos isnt hurting bor

bor>enchanted uru>caps shield>celestial armor>adamntium> everything else in the universe I agree ThOnos isn't doing jack shit to him

kgkg
Thanos pimp slaps Bor.

the Darkone
Originally posted by kgkg
Thanos pimp slaps Bor.

laughing yeah right like he did aganist Odin wink! Thanos couldn't even fade Odin in battle and Bor is consider more powerful than Odin w/odinforce, powerful enough to rip the heart out of the Nine Worlds itself. Bor fubar Thanos.

amnesia
Bor won't even acknowledge him, unless he is into BDSM

Naija boy
Thanos

King Castle
in a pure physical fight thanos could possibly lose.

full power and gear thanos would beat bor.

Mr Marvel
Thanos...

the Darkone
Bor, even Odin w/odinforce was affarid of his father. And Odin owned Thanos.

King Castle
b/c of the physical beating bor could give him... it be like the summer brothers fighting sure one could be more powerful then the other but it doesnt matter with them.

the Darkone
Full Power Bor broke Thor w/odinforce ribs, not even Destroyer, MAngog, Hulk, Juggernaut, Odin, Celestail have done that. It was the Odinforce that savd Thor life, what make you think Thanos will do any better in raw godly power.

iceman24567
Gotta go with Thanos

kgkg
Originally posted by the Darkone
Full Power Bor broke Thor w/odinforce ribs, not even Destroyer, MAngog, Hulk, Juggernaut, Odin, Celestail have done that. It was the Odinforce that savd Thor life, what make you think Thanos will do any better in raw godly power.
-.- Destroyer nearly Killed Thor what are you talking about he lasted few second <at best>unprotected.

Context for the others.... Bor wasn't all that great... Wolverine sliced Thor< can bring other examples if needed>... I guess he is Skyfather to?

Bor was at best Trans level Char going by feat same with that Odin Force Thor< and I'm being generous>

Rage.Of.Olympus
-.- Destroyer nearly Killed Thor what are you talking about he lasted few second <at best>unprotected.

What scene are you referring to?

Context for the others.... Bor wasn't all that great... Wolverine sliced Thor< can bring other examples if needed>... I guess he is Skyfather to?

What context are you referring to? erm at that reasoning.

Bor was at best Trans level Char going by feat same with that Odin Force Thor< and I'm being generous>

I agree with him being Trans level. That's not being generous however.

the Darkone

Thor w/odinforce tanked Destroyer Dbeam, Destroyer and Thor have always have great battles, it's just that Destroyer was more durable than Thor, it hard to beat a magic walking tank wink.

It was the Odinforce that helped Thor to defeat his grandfather, it was Thor that landed the death blow first, it could've easly been the other way around. Bor was that great if you have to call in reinforcement, that means he is to much to handle, not saying Thor couldn't do it alone. And this the same Thor who has face a bloodlusted Odin and held his own.

kgkg
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus What scene are you referring to?

---------------------------------------------
Destroyer vs Thor 5
---------------------------------------------
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/909/56212155.th.jpghttp://img167.imageshack.us/img167/2103/86189866.th.jpg

Don't seem like Thor tanked the destroyer he was screaming hard... This is still better than his past encounter with Destroyer but not by that much.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus What context are you referring to? erm at that reasoning. Lol yes and saying Celestial , Odin etc didn't do that a good example... to prove how badass Bor was? Context like not going all out , ignoring Thor etc...

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus I agree with him being Trans level. That's not being generous however.
OK

Rage.Of.Olympus
Don't seem like Thor tanked the destroyer he was screaming hard... This is still better than his past encounter with Destroyer but not by that much.

Oh. I thought you meant Thor has at best lasted a few seconds against the Destroyer in battle. That's still an impressive feat considering the Destroyer's energy generating capabilities.

Lol yes and saying Celestial , Odin etc didn't do that a good example... to prove how badass Bor was? Context like not going all out , ignoring Thor etc...

The Celestials who blasted Thor were being swift along with merciless and Odin had the intent to kill Thor. They weren't ignoring Thor in the scenes I'm referring to either.

I didn't say his reasoning was sound but your logic wasn't anything to brag about it either. He is however correct in the sense that Bor's attacks and their effect on Thor was crazy impressive. The lightning Bor was projecting nearly knocked Thor out alone. His level of power and strength was ridiculous.

It might not be the most sound of reasoning, but if you use Thor as measuring stick, Bor's Skyfather level without a doubt(I personally think his high end Trans however.)

kgkg
Thor w/odinforce tanked Destroyer Dbeam, Destroyer and Thor have always have great battles, it's just that Destroyer was more durable than Thor, it hard to beat a magic walking tank wink.

It was the Odinforce that helped Thor to defeat his grandfather, it was Thor that landed the death blow first, it could've easly been the other way around. Bor was that great if you have to call in reinforcement, that means he is to much to handle, not saying Thor couldn't do it alone. And this the same Thor who has face a bloodlusted Odin and held his own. Tanked it for a few sec? Great

Destroyer and Thor never had a good battle... It always end with the same old bullshit of getting the soul back or something to do with soul... Thor has only beaten Destroyer once as King Thor and once in a What If via normal means.

You can't really expect anyone to really beat the Destroyer head on that thing is a beast.

I wasn't impressed by either Thor nor Bor... thats all I'm saying.... Few hyper bole line here and there doesn't change much.

Do you really think that Thor was so much better than his Classic self? Not by feats.

His other Odin Force incarnation were better.

Thanos just has better feats than Bor...

Rage.Of.Olympus
You need to read up on your Thor/Destroyer fights.

I honestly don't think Thor was operating above his class levels except the Bor fight. It was made pretty clear that Bor was incredibly powerful even by Thor's standards. No way to spin that. He seemed more powerful -at least physically- than Thanos to me. I can't recall the last time an opponent has seemed so damn powerful against Thor recently.

cdtm
why? bor wasn't that impressive

He was considering Thor had some of the Odinforce, and even Asgardian Destroyer couldn't mess him up like Bor did...

Asgardian Destroyers a pretty serious heavy hitter, considering what he's done to Hulk and Thor himself over the years.. Can't really see Thanos beating the AD.

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You need to read up on your Thor/Destroyer fights.

He destroyed Hulk, when Maestro was in charge.

The fact Thor was competitive sometimes could be more of a PIS thing, but Thors also been beaten down before..

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by cdtm
He destroyed Hulk, when Maestro was in charge.

The fact Thor was competitive sometimes could be more of a PIS thing, but Thors also been beaten down before..

Haha yea. The Hulk was really outmatched physically. I really liked that fight.

Not really. Thor has consistently held his own against the Destroyer. I'd say their pretty close in regards to physical strength.

The worst Thor has ever done against the Destroyer was probably when it was powered by two different spirits in Thor #476 when it stunned Thor or did a temporary/flash knock out (Pick one.) Other than that, there was the time the Destroyer wrecked Thor, even breaking his arm but at the time it was more powerful than ever -powered by the Designate- and Thor had some power deprived apparently. Once Odin restored Thor and he stopped holding back, he was once again able to match the Destroyer power for power.

Besides those instances, I don't think I've ever seen a fight where I'd say it seemed stronger convincingly or it's done to Thor what Thor wouldn't be able to do to himself. I'd probably give it the edge but it's hard to judge with it being a silent, indestructible construct most of the time that doesn't slow down or feel pain. Thor always starts out battling the Destroyer on even footing besides those two scenes I mentioned but at times I've seen him slowly get worn down battling it like in the Len Wein story.

The biggest problem with the Destroyer is it's ridiculous durability. Thor however has apparently damaged it and I recall him being able to hurt it with an attack (Sif who was operating the Destroyer cried out as if affected.) In that same story, they were stated to be equals in strength. Either by the narration or Thor himself.

King Kandy
I never thought of the destroyer as being stronger than Thor, just that he couldn't hurt it so he would get tired out and lose, while it would continue.

Lostedge

Umm, destroyer 'killed' thor.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Lostedge
Umm, destroyer 'killed' thor.

And Thor killed Destroyer, you are missing the point.

AD never broke Thor ribs or any of his bones with a hit, Bor hit Thir one time and broke his ribs and could've killed Thor in the process; Thor even stated it wasn't for the Odinforce he would be dead, that statement says a lot and shows how powerful Bor really was. Bor almost KO Thor with his lighting, and this a same Thor that fought a bloodlust Odin and stood his ground.

As of right now, Bor will beat Thanos like his son Odin did, but much worse.

Sr J-Bieb
And Thor killed Destroyer, you are missing the point.

AD never broke Thor ribs or any of his bones with a hit, Bor hit Thir one time and broke his ribs and could've killed Thor in the process; Thor even stated it wasn't for the Odinforce he would be dead, that statement says a lot and shows how powerful Bor really was. Bor almost KO Thor with his lighting, and this a same Thor that fought a bloodlust Odin and stood his ground.

As of right now, Bor will beat Thanos like his son Odin did, but much worse. Red Hulk actually beat Thor.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Red Hulk actually beat Thor.

You are missing the point too! And yet Thor nearly killed him the second time wink .

Bor will rip Red Hulk a new a$$ hole.

Sr J-Bieb
You are missing the point too! And yet Thor nearly killed him the second time wink .

Bor will rip Red Hulk a new a$$ hole. Actually no, I'm not. You're arguing one feat as the means to beat Thanos... and Rulk's feat was actually better than Bor's anyway.
Rulk was overheated, and Thor cheapshotted him.

Oh? But Rulk beated Thor while Bor got killded!!!!@

Wait, didn't the Dark Avengers also take hits from Bor?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Where did it say that Rulk was overheated? That only happened near the end of his fight with the Hulk after Thor nearly killed him. Thor's hammer throw went directly in his face but it was a cheap shot.

I think Daken took a punch from Bor but that was the extent of it I believe. Either his striking power takes a dive without his weapon or it's just one of those comic book rules.

Sr J-Bieb
Where did it say that Rulk was overheated? That only happened near the end of his fight with the Hulk after Thor nearly killed him. Thor's hammer throw went directly in his face but it was a cheap shot.

I think Daken took a punch from Bor but that was the extent of it I believe. Either his striking power takes a dive without his weapon or it's just one of those comic book rules. He was heating up all throughout his battles. To say he was at full power would be weird to say the least. Either way, Thor caught him off guard, and didn't let up.
Right, cheap shot.

Gargan Venom, Moonstone, Daken, and they weren't KO'd as they were standing around the next page.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He was heating up all throughout his battles. To say he was at full power would be weird to say the least. Either way, Thor caught him off guard, and didn't let up.
Right, cheap shot.

Gargan Venom, Moonstone, Daken, and they weren't KO'd as they were standing around the next page.

As I understood it, the angrier he gets, the hotter he get. Hulk kept on pushing Rulk until he wore out. Either way, that was a one time plot device thing. Hasn't happened again apparently. Rulk would wear himself out from constant battle and not heat.

Thor caught him with a cheap shot, gave a big speech, and the continued to pound on him.

Anyways, what's your point with this Rulk fight?

The two are apparently peers, that much is clear. Loeb for all his stupidity even stated Rulk had to constantly keep on pounding Thor or Thor would have regained his composure and gone to work (Or something similar.) Taking into account that Rulk's energy absorbing powers, and that showing wasn't nearly as bad for Thor as some people make it out to be.

So comic book laws. Thanks.

Sr J-Bieb
As I understood it, the angrier he gets, the hotter he get. Hulk kept on pushing Rulk until he wore out. Either way, that was a one time plot device thing. Hasn't happened again apparently. Rulk would wear himself out from constant battle and not heat.

Thor caught him with a cheap shot, gave a big speech, and the continued to pound on him.

Anyways, what's your point with this Rulk fight?

The two are apparently peers, that much is clear. Loeb for all his stupidity even stated Rulk had to constantly keep on pounding Thor or Thor would have regained his composure and gone to work (Or something similar.) Taking into account that Rulk's energy absorbing powers, and that showing wasn't nearly as bad for Thor as some people make it out to be.

So comic book laws. Thanks. It has happened since. It's the whole reason we got to see Rulk's identity.

Right, caught him off guard, and didn't let up.

I didn't bring up the second fight, if that's what you're talking about. And I was wondering about Darkone's stance on the Rulk fight considering his Thor stance, on the first one.
Everytime's Rulk's energy powers have been used, it's been specifically stated, and shown. srug
Loeb's fan service may hold you off, if he did indeed say this, but I'll go by comics personally.

Right. It never actually happened, apparently.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It has happened since. It's the whole reason we got to see Rulk's identity.

Right, caught him off guard, and didn't let up.

I didn't bring up the second fight, if that's what you're talking about. And I was wondering about Darkone's stance on the Rulk fight considering his Thor stance, on the first one.
Everytime's Rulk's energy powers have been used, it's been specifically stated, and shown. srug
Loeb's fan service may hold you off, if he did indeed say this, but I'll go by comics personally.

Right. It never actually happened, apparently.

I thought he only recently confirmed that he was General Ross and that was after his power was drained by She-Hulk and not because he overheated?

Meh, Rulk didn't let up either outside of speeches when the battle got into space. Thor just stopped fooling around and kept pounding on him. There peers.

Okay. That's Darkone.

As I recall, Loeb stated that there's more to Rulk's powers than meets the eye and we'd see them soon right before or after the Thor fight. Either he or Breevort later confirmed that Rulk's energy powers were in play. I even saw a recent statement of Breevort's posed on HC a month or so ago. Rulk was still a mystery at the time of the Thor fight. I assume he either absorbed the ambient lightning or whatever energy Thor keeps inside of him. I noticed that in their second battle, Thor never let Rulk lay a hand on him and as I understand it, Rulk's energy absorption works through contact.

Sr J-Bieb
I thought he only recently confirmed that he was General Ross and that was after his power was drained by She-Hulk and not because he overheated?

Meh, Rulk didn't let up either outside of speeches when the battle got into space. Thor just stopped fooling around and kept pounding on him. There peers.

Okay. That's Darkone.

As I recall, Loeb stated that there's more to Rulk's powers than meets the eye and we'd see them soon right before or after the Thor fight. Either he or Breevort later confirmed that Rulk's energy powers were in play. I even saw a recent statement of Breevort's posed on HC a month or so ago. Rulk was still a mystery at the time of the Thor fight. I assume he either absorbed the ambient lightning or whatever energy Thor keeps inside of him. I noticed that in their second battle, Thor never let Rulk lay a hand on him and as I understand it, Rulk's energy absorption works through contact. I thought it was because he overextended himself. I'm not going back to check though since it sucked.

I know Rulk didn't. But Rulk didn't start the fight off with a cheapshot. Actually, Thor was pounding on Rulk until Rulk stopped the hammer, and led the trip into space.
Yes, peers. Glad you think so.

That is Darkone, who I was talking to.

Like I said, fan service. Even if, you assume, or you know?
Rulk's powers weren't shown to work in that fight, and were never even close to being alluded to. I'm not even sure when he could have... after he stopped Thor's hammer and took him to space?

psycho gundam
trying to find consistency in red hulk = waste of time

the Darkone
Originally posted by psycho gundam
trying to find consistency in red hulk = waste of time

That's the Loeb force for you!

pray to the Loeb force,

iceman24567
LOL i just ignore every feat done by Rulk

Rage.Of.Olympus
I thought it was because he overextended himself. I'm not going back to check though since it sucked.

I know Rulk didn't. But Rulk didn't start the fight off with a cheapshot. Actually, Thor was pounding on Rulk until Rulk stopped the hammer, and led the trip into space.
Yes, peers. Glad you think so.

That is Darkone, who I was talking to.

Like I said, fan service. Even if, you assume, or you know?
Rulk's powers weren't shown to work in that fight, and were never even close to being alluded to. I'm not even sure when he could have... after he stopped Thor's hammer and took him to space?

Nah, I'm pretty sure that his power was drained for the Leader's machine and then the Red She-Hulk finished him, turning him into Ross. He then drained the power of the Cosmic Hulk, restoring himself.

When the fight reached space, he grabbed Thor's hammer -which had him shocked- and kept on pounding him. The situation isn't that much different. I will admit that Thor had a bigger opportunity to put Rulk down than vise versa.

It is an assumption but one based on common sense. What else would he be able to drain besides the ambient lightning or Thor's inner energy? Thor isn't Superman or the Hulk. He isn't powered by some form of energy but he does have a reservoir of energy within him from what I understand. Rulk probably absorbed said energy to some extent.

So what if they weren't alluded to? For all his stupidity, I don't think Bendis came up with Rulk's energy absorption powers the day he showed them. They would explain Thor's performance and how the Hulk was put down from a single broken bone.

Rulk's energy powers seem to work through contact. Every second he had a hand on Thor he could have been getting stronger. I also noticed that Thor was throwing around a lot less lightning in his second fight with each blow than in the first. His hits were just radiating that shit in the first encounter.

Or we could be wasting our time like gundam said. I still don't understand how Rulk's attacks with Mjolnir were able to radiate energy.

psycho gundam
yes

Sr J-Bieb
Nah, I'm pretty sure that his power was drained for the Leader's machine and then the Red She-Hulk finished him, turning him into Ross. He then drained the power of the Cosmic Hulk, restoring himself.

When the fight reached space, he grabbed Thor's hammer -which had him shocked- and kept on pounding him. The situation isn't that much different. I will admit that Thor had a bigger opportunity to put Rulk down than vise versa.

It is an assumption but one based on common sense. What else would he be able to drain besides the ambient lightning or Thor's inner energy? Thor isn't Superman or the Hulk. He isn't powered by some form of energy but he does have a reservoir of energy within him from what I understand. Rulk probably absorbed said energy to some extent.

So what if they weren't alluded to? For all his stupidity, I don't think Bendis came up with Rulk's energy absorption powers the day he showed them. They would explain Thor's performance and how the Hulk was put down from a single broken bone.

Rulk's energy powers seem to work through contact. Every second he had a hand on Thor he could have been getting stronger. I also noticed that Thor was throwing around a lot less lightning in his second fight with each blow than in the first. His hits were just radiating that shit in the first encounter.

Or we could be wasting our time like gundam said. I still don't understand how Rulk's attacks with Mjolnir were able to radiate energy. I have no idea. I'm not even sure I read the previous issues tbh. Just read the reveal.

Yes, Thor had a bigger chance. Rulk actually had to fight. Thor just cheapshotted him and didn't let up.

First off, I don't even believe he drained him in the first place. Second, the only time he could have drained him was already after his best feats in the fight under his own power. Taking a big hammer shot to really no effect, and blocking a big hammer shot with one hand.
Third, since I notice you're talking alot about lightning... he was absorbing lightning when he was getting smacked around?

Because like I said, everytime he used said powers, they were specifically stated, and shown. Also, I believe Hulk was choked out, but then I'd have to re-read it.
Also, if Bendis showed them, then ya that's when he thought about them, since Loeb was the one who wrote everything else...

K. And Thor was contacting the shit out of him in the second fight, and still hitting him with lightning.
If you're implying that that is reason Thor knowing he's being drained, then it also stands to reason that he'd say something.
If you're saying that Rulk couldn't absorb it because he wasn't throwing around lightning, well, he was still throwing around lightning.

We are wasting our time, that's the thing. You're so bent up about Loeb's comments, and explaining all of Thor's low/lower feats, that you overlook the fact that Loeb is shit. Loeb wrote that fight as Rulk just plain beating the shit out of Thor, and then wrote the next issue to even it out a bit. He didn't expect such backlash, so it looked like he backpedaled the shit out of it... if such interviews are true.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I have no idea. I'm not even sure I read the previous issues tbh. Just read the reveal.

Okay.

Yes, Thor had a bigger chance. Rulk actually had to fight. Thor just cheapshotted him and didn't let up.

The real Thor smack down happened when they reached space. At that moment the situation was the same. Rulk took Thor by surprise and just kept pounding him.

First off, I don't even believe he drained him in the first place. Second, the only time he could have drained him was already after his best feats in the fight under his own power. Taking a big hammer shot to really no effect, and blocking a big hammer shot with one hand.
Third, since I notice you're talking alot about lightning... he was absorbing lightning when he was getting smacked around?

That's fine. You can think what you want. I don't care.

Then Thor simply kicked things up a notch as he wasn't laughing off Thor's hits in the second encounter.

Possibly. If he absorbed Thor's energy, it would either have to be his inner energy, or Mjolnir's lighting (Unless he actually absorbed the energy inside Mjolnir which I think is just too far.)

The difference in lightning generation between the first fight and the second one leads me to believe that there might be something to it.

Because like I said, everytime he used said powers, they were specifically stated, and shown. Also, I believe Hulk was choked out, but then I'd have to re-read it.
Also, if Bendis showed them, then ya that's when he thought about them, since Loeb was the one who wrote everything else...

And like I said, Rulk still had some aura of mystery at that time. I think he grabbed Hulk by the throat in a hold then broke his arm, which caused him to black out.

My bad. I meant Loeb.

K. And Thor was contacting the shit out of him in the second fight, and still hitting him with lightning.
If you're implying that that is reason Thor knowing he's being drained, then it also stands to reason that he'd say something.
If you're saying that Rulk couldn't absorb it because he wasn't throwing around lightning, well, he was still throwing around lightning.

I know all this. I'm simply pointing out that the lightning was toned down. It's still Loeb. He retconned all of Samson's history to explain Ross/Red Hulk fiasco. I'm saying that maybe the decreased amount of energy in the strikes might mean something.

There's a distinct different in energy thrown around by Thor's blows between the first and second fight:
http://www.comicboards.com/app/image.php?msg=thor-2008073023540335&att=Untitled-1.jpg&fullsize=yes
http://www.comicboards.com/app/image.php?msg=thor-2008073023540335&att=Untitled-2_3.jpg&fullsize=yes

http://www.comicboards.com/app/image.php?msg=thor-2008092420230844&att=Untitled-1_100.jpg&fullsize=yes
http://www.comicboards.com/app/image.php?msg=thor-2008092420230844&att=Untitled-2_100.jpg&fullsize=yes

The only thing that has me puzzled was the lightning Thor threw at Rulk but that could be explained by Rulk needing an actual physical medium for absorption.

We are wasting our time, that's the thing. You're so bent up about Loeb's comments, and explaining all of Thor's low/lower feats, that you overlook the fact that Loeb is shit. Loeb wrote that fight as Rulk just plain beating the shit out of Thor, and then wrote the next issue to even it out a bit. He didn't expect such backlash, so it looked like he backpedaled the shit out of it... if such interviews are true.

Fair enough. I just don't see why Loeb would care about the backlash and energy absorption would really explain the Hulk's and Thor's performance.

His work might read as if it was written on the way to work but this shit is usually planned out months in advance as I understand it.

The Loeb interview came out right after the Thor issue as I recall. He said we'd see more about Rulk's powers and a few issues later, we saw Rulk draining Surfer. I'm not sure if he made any comment regarding the art.

Hulk's apparently going to push Rulk's shit in the following months and Thor might possibly do the same. We'll see.

DarkOdin
For crying out loud anyone who uses Rulk is just nuts the loen force sucks. You have Rulk who punches out abstracts and kills immortal then you have the same rulk that gets beat by 2nd tiers and Logan give him hell.

Anyway

Bor in H2H only would beat Thanos bad

However Bor still lost too Odinforce Thor and even thou Bor should be a skyfather and he kept Odin in line He hasn't done anything to confirm he is a skyfather.

Until Bor gets some more feats

Thanos Takes this one 8/10

Keep in mind that two big things happen in the Thor/Bor fight that must people overlook. Bor thought he was fighting some Demon and didn't unleash his full power until he realised how strong Thor was. Plus Thor himself held back for a bit on the fight trying to just stop Bor as he was an didn't want to kill/hurt a fellow asgardian. He only went for the kill at the end when Bor went god unleashed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
True, I'm wasting my time trying to justify Rulk's performances.

kgkg
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Logan give him hell. Logan gives any Brute hell it's in his blood.

DarkOdin
Logan gives any Brute hell it's in his blood. laughing True but considering how he tanked Odinforce Thor's blows and punch out a watcher he shouldn't but then agains Logan would be Silver Surfer faster then Rulk did. eek!

DarkOdin
True, I'm wasting my time trying to justify Rulk's performances. Thats the way i feel anytime someone uses Rulk feats. Anyway i hoping that in the next few Thor issues we will get more feats from Bor. So we help establish his power level

Gecko4lif
Logan gives any Brute hell it's in his blood.
Juggs, Thor, Apoc, and Mangog can just ignore him.

The Lone Bear
Bor couldn't damge more than a few cuty blocks and it took city block 'sky father' power to put him down. Thanos has his Helicopter, I give this to Thanos not to bore you!

Mshinu
Juggs, Thor, Apoc, and Mangog can just ignore him.

Thor would find it hard to ignore his blood loss after a few moments of snikkty-slash

kgkg
Juggs, Thor, Apoc, and Mangog can just ignore him. Juggs well aboicuily but that's because he is imprevious to physical harm.

Thor. Really now laughing out loud

Mangog is a beast not sure how Wolverine's attack would faze him or not, logically it shouldn't...

Apoc on his good days.

Gecko4lif

Thor. Really now laughing out loud

Yes. Really.

kgkg
Yes. Really. I'm thinking you haven't seen the Thor vs Wolverine fight or don't know Wolverine to well?

Originally posted by Galan007
Wolverine vs. Thor:

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_hammerclaws1.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_hammerclaws2.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor3.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor4.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor5.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor6.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor7.jpg

Thor cannot ignore Wolverine.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Galan007
Wolverine vs. Thor:

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_hammerclaws1.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_hammerclaws2.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor3.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor4.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor5.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor6.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_wolvie_thor7.jpg

I see this.........and I almost don't want to read comics anymore sick

DarkOdin
I'm thinking you haven't seen the Thor vs Wolverine fight or don't know Wolverine to well?

Thor cannot ignore Wolverine.

Yup, he cannont but he is smart enough to fly in the air and just sap him with lighting evil face

Gecko4lif
I'm thinking you haven't seen the Thor vs Wolverine fight or don't know Wolverine to well?

Logically Wolverine has 0 reason to be able to hurt thor

That was some of the worse writing I have seen in a while

wolverines jobber aura is strong indeed

namorsubby
Wolverine can barely scratch Colossus with his claws, right?

So isn't Thor's durability>Colossus?

I know there's far more than that wrong with their encounter, I'm just saying.

amnesia
Actually no, I'm not. You're arguing one feat as the means to beat Thanos... and Rulk's feat was actually better than Bor's anyway.
Rulk was overheated, and Thor cheapshotted him.

Oh? But Rulk beated Thor while Bor got killded!!!!@

Jeez, you are stupid...

StiltmanFTW
Everyone knows Thor is adamantium-proof and blitzes everyone who dares challenge him, yeah.

Originally posted by namorsubby
I see this.........and I almost don't want to read comics anymore sick

Heh. Good for you that you haven't seen what he did to Count Nefaria then stick out tongue

Originally posted by namorsubby
Wolverine can barely scratch Colossus with his claws, right?

So isn't Thor's durability>Colossus?

I know there's far more than that wrong with their encounter, I'm just saying.

According to post-upgrade Colossus, he can cut him to the bone. And he meant accidental contact with his claws, not an actual swing.

Anyway, Piotr and Logan will fight in volume 4, so we'll see.

As for the fight, isn't Thanos indestructible now?

He didn't strike them with his halberd.

Starscream M
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

According to post-upgrade Colossus, he can cut him to the bone. And he meant accidental contact with his claws, not an actual swing.

there's no way colossus can know that.

StiltmanFTW
there's no way colossus can know that.

He's seen what his claws can do.

Starscream M
He's seen what his claws can do. he's seen adamantium cut his type of organic steel? what issue?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't have any actual problem with the Thor/Wolverine fight after re-reading it. That was arguably Thor's worst showing in regards to speed but it's logical that attribute would get toned down when his fighting a street.

Strength wise Thor was fine. It was clear Thor was holding back a significant amount of strength throughout the entire fight.

I'd have liked Thor to have been more resistant to Wolverine's claws but Wolverine is Wolverine. He would probably cut Surfer in current Marvel. The fact that he was shown to be resistant as he was is a win for me. If I can live with Thor getting a bullet hole in between the eyes, I can live with this.

As for the fight, isn't Thanos indestructible now?

He was when he first came back but whatever was amping him and protecting him from a mental assault seemed to have been removed after the Cosmic Cube blast.

Starscream M
I don't have any actual problem with the Thor/Wolverine fight after re-reading it. That was arguably Thor's worst showing in regards to speed but it's logical that attribute would get toned down when his fighting a street.

Strength wise Thor was fine. It was clear Thor was holding back a significant amount of strength throughout the entire fight.

I'd have liked Thor to have been more resistant to Wolverine's claws but Wolverine is Wolverine. He would probably cut Surfer in current Marvel. The fact that he was shown to be resistant as he was is a win for me.
that was not thor's worst speed showing. rather, it was an average showing. thor has never been depicted to be super quick in a battle.

and as I have told you many times, thors pierce durability is crap, far worse than colossus. logan has no trouble slicing into thor.

StiltmanFTW
he's seen adamantium cut his type of organic steel? what issue?

He scored his skin. Better than nothing. We already had this debate and it led us nowhere. You keep believing Rasputin's durability against piercing attacks is the best there is roll eyes (sarcastic) Okay, fine. Let's just wait then. I'm pretty sure in the upcoming battle Logan's gonna cut the shit out of him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wouldn't scoring his skin -the act created sparks- be the equivalent of doing minor damage, like he did to Thor?

that was not thor's worst speed showing. rather, it was an average showing. thor has never been depicted to be super quick in a battle.

and as I have told you many times, thors pierce durability is crap, far worse than colossus. logan has no trouble slicing into thor.

It arguably is. I'd have to really think of a piss poor speed showing for Thor to find one that tops that. The only one that comes to mind was Masterson being blitzed by an all out Spider-Man.

What do you know? You don't actual read Thor's comics.

Once again, you don't read Thor's comics so what would you know? He had trouble doing any significant damage to Thor in this fight.

Starscream M
It arguably is. I'd have to really think of a piss poor speed showing for Thor to find one that tops that. The only one that comes to mind was Masterson being blitzed by an all out Spider-Man.

What do you know? You don't actual read Thor's comics.

Once again, you don't read Thor's comics so what would you know? He had trouble doing any significant damage to Thor in this fight. nice ad hominem attacks

wolverine has trouble damaging thor because obviously marvel's not gonna have logan maul their pretty boy icon

by the same poor logic, thor didn't damage logan so there

Starscream M
I'm pretty sure in the upcoming battle Logan's gonna cut the shit out of him. when is this upcoming battle?

Rage.Of.Olympus
nice ad hominem attacks

wolverine has trouble damaging thor because obviously marvel's not gonna have logan maul their pretty boy icon

by the same poor logic, thor didn't damage logan so there

I'm not insulting your knowledge in an attempt to invalidate your argument. I don't have to. I'm just pointing out that you have no clue as to what Thor's capable of or what his norm is as you don't actually read his comics.

Lol.

Once again, lol. Thor was holding back significantly by the way.

Badabing
Back to the topic please.

Rage and Starscream, you both get 3 warnings...just because. sneer

stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Badabing
Back to the topic please.

Rage and Starscream, you both get 3 warnings...just because. sneer

stick out tongue

http://threatqualitypress.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/green-lantern-punches-batman1.jpg

sneer

Love the sig by the way.

StiltmanFTW
Wouldn't scoring his skin -the act created sparks- be the equivalent of doing minor damage, like he did to Thor?

Yes, it would. Not exactly what I wanted to post, but whatever.

He cut Thor definitely deeper though. There wouldn't be so much blood if Logan just scratched him... plus he had that chainmail. Of course it's inconsistent with the incident in the bar, you don't need to tell me that.

when is this upcoming battle?

In September at earliest.

Badabing
http://threatqualitypress.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/green-lantern-punches-batman1.jpg

sneer mmm

I probably deserved that given all the Thor scans I've used to haunt you.

But I still don't like it. uhuh

Love the sig by the way. Thanks.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, it would. Not exactly what I wanted to post, but whatever.

He cut Thor definitely deeper though. There wouldn't be so much blood if Logan just scratched him... plus he had that chainmail. Of course it's inconsistent with the incident in the bar, you don't need to tell me that.

The only attack I recall drawing any amounts of noticeable blood was the slash(es?) against the ribs. Everything else seemed to barely break his skin. Even the double impaling move into Thor's back didn't draw any noticeable amounts of blood.

Chain mail? I highly doubt any writer actually takes the chain mail into account. Either way, Thor's proven his skin is tougher than the chain mail.

Anyways, off topic. Just reply in a Thor vs. Wolverine thread.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Badabing
mmm

I probably deserved that given all the Thor scans I've used to haunt you.

But I still don't like it. uhuh

You deserve that and more. Much more.

Well, I don't care.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/yZChWGr3kngkw12ltxUFFyNMo1_400.png

uhuh

stick out tongue

Naija boy
He would probably cut Surfer in current Marvel.

Heh, wishful thinking.

kgkg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Naija boy
Heh, wishful thinking.

Nah. I wouldn't be surprised if he could at this point. It's not as if its impossible to pierce his shell. At least not anymore. *cough* obedience disks *cough* To be fair, he was weakened when those happened.

Starscream M
Heh, wishful thinking. he could prob scratch surfer at least

kgkg
Heh, wishful thinking. Ya it's not happening smile

Naija boy
Nah. I wouldn't be surprised if he could at this point. It's not as if its impossible to pierce his shell. At least not anymore. *cough* obedience disks *cough* To be fair, he was weakened when those happened.

It was only cuz he was weakened so its really irrelevant. Surfers piercing durability has always been top notch. With guys like Hulk and even Morg with his cosmic axe being unable to pierce his skin.

Naija boy
he could prob scratch surfer at least

Not likely.

Starscream M
Not likely. he scratched colossus.

iceman24567
Wolverine would cut Surfer in half erm

Naija boy
he scratched colossus.

Seriously and??lol

Starscream M
Seriously and??lol colossus is on par with surfer in pierce durability...come on, don't be dense

iceman24567
Since when?

Starscream M
Originally posted by iceman24567
Since when? since always, colossus has always been the epitome of durability against piercing attacks

Naija boy
colossus is on par with surfer in pierce durability...come on, don't be dense

lol, didnt expect any less of a moronic response. why dont u at least read up on characters before u comment. what r u basing that off? That they are both metal and shiny?..........*facep.........sigh its not even worth it.smh

Colossus-Big C
colossus post death/resurection has yet to be cut
(breaking=/=cutting)

Rage.Of.Olympus
It was only cuz he was weakened so its really irrelevant. Surfers piercing durability has always been top notch. With guys like Hulk and even Morg with his cosmic axe being unable to pierce his skin.

Does losing a portion of his energy reduce the durability of his silver coating? I don't think he was cut off from the entire Power Cosmic when Skaar pierced him with the obedience disk. Just weakened from the sealing the Old Power.

When did Hulk fail to pierce Norrin's skin? Thor has a feat to match the Morg scene in regards to piercing.

I'm not trying to belittle Norrin, I just wouldn't be surprised if Wolverine was able to cut him in current Marvel.

Starscream M
lol, didnt expect any less of a moronic response. why dont u at least read up on characters before u comment. what r u basing that off? That they are both metal and shiny?..........*facep.........sigh its not even worth it.smh uh get off your high horse

how is surfer any more durable than colossus regarding piercing attacks?

Mindset
uh get off your high horse

how is surfer any more durable than colossus regarding piercing attacks? How isn't he?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Mindset
How isn't he? uh cuz they're both pretty much uncuttable?

Mindset
uh cuz they're both pretty much uncuttable? So that means SS isn't more durable?

Starscream M
So that means SS isn't more durable? how could one assume SS is more durable if they've both been just as resistant to pierce attacks

Mindset
how could one assume SS is more durable if they've both been just as resistant to pierce attacks Have they?

Starscream M
Have they? yes

iceman24567
Lol i love Mindset

Colossus-Big C
So that means SS isn't more durable? he is only pertaning to piercing resistance

ss is leaps above colossus in durability

Naija boy
Does losing a portion of his energy reduce the durability of his silver coating? I don't think he was cut off from the entire Power Cosmic when Skaar pierced him with the obedience disk. Just weakened from the sealing the Old Power.

When did Hulk fail to pierce Norrin's skin? Thor has a feat to match the Morg scene in regards to piercing.

I cant remember it being said he was totally cut off from the power cosmic. As seen in the planet hulk incident, when he becomes very weakened and vulnerable his durablitiy apparently goes down (though this isnt a rule of thumb for most writers and only seems applicable to to Sakaar related issues/under Greg pak). Similar to the time he was first pierced as in planet hulk, SS in the skaar issue was so heavily weak that he could not at all use any of his energy powers and he then became vulnerable.

Oh and i meant the hulks Warbound. What feat does thor have to match the Morg scene? not that there can even be any debate regarding Thor and Surfers piercing durability given thors history.

Mindset
yes Show me.

Starscream M
Show me. how could i show you instances of them not being cut?

you have to show me instances of colossus getting pierced that you think surfer would withstand

Mindset
how could i show you instances of them not being cut?

you have to show me instances of colossus getting pierced that you think surfer would withstand You said they had similar displays of durability against piercing damage.

Show me.

Naija boy
uh get off your high horse

how is surfer any more durable than colossus regarding piercing attacks?

uh Get off the stupid train. Surfer is more durable to piercing attacks because we have seen him take superior piercing attacks to those colossus has taken. That easy enough for u?

Starscream M
You said they had similar displays of durability against piercing damage.

Show me. I said both of them have been resistant to pierce...as in i dont recall either being cut in any significant fashion

hence i dont have to show anything

now if you think colossus is more apt to be cut, show me instances where he has been cut by attacks that you think surfer would be unphazed by

Starscream M
uh Get off the stupid train. Surfer is more durable to piercing attacks because we have seen him take superior piercing attacks to those colossus has taken. That easy enough for u? so despite colossus not being cut, he is more cuttable than surfer? you're being a fanboy now

Mindset
I said both of them have been resistant to pierce...as in i dont recall either being cut in any significant fashion

hence i dont have to show anything

now if you think colossus is more apt to be cut, show me instances where he has been cut by attacks that you think surfer would be unphazed by Originally posted by Starscream M
colossus is on par with surfer in pierce durability...come on, don't be dense

Show me Colossus is on par with SS, as I am new to comics and am not aware of his feats.

Thank you, kind sir.

kgkg
Both times when he was pierced and has the obedience disk implant both times it was clearly indicated that Surfer was severely drained and could not do anything.

And being drained of the Power Cosmic means his durability is weakened... I thought that was clear.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I cant remember it being said he was totally cut off from the power cosmic. As seen in the planet hulk incident, when he becomes very weakened and vulnerable his durablitiy apparently goes down (though this isnt a rule of thumb for most writers and only seems applicable to to Sakaar related issues/under Greg pak). Similar to the time he was first pierced as in planet hulk, SS in the skaar issue was so heavily weak that he could not at all use any of his energy powers and he then became vulnerable.

Oh and i meant the hulks Warbound. What feat does thor have to match the Morg scene? not that there can even be any debate regarding Thor and Surfers piercing durability given thors history.

The second time the obedience disk penetrated his skin, I'm pretty sure he just lost some energy sealing the Old Power.

I'm not too sure about that. During the flash back, Surfer stated that the portal had weakened him, leaving him more vulnerable than before but that might be in regards to the drain in power, not his durability taking a dive. In Planet Hulk he was still very durable to piercing attacks even when cut off from the flow of Power Cosmic. I'd say that under Pak, Norrin is incredibly durable to piercing attacks, but just that, incredibly durable. Objects can apparently penetrate his skin.

Being vulnerable doesn't necessarily mean a decrease in piercing durability.

Bloodaxe was repeatedly pounding on a Masteson Thor who had his strength removed by Odin/Loki. He had a bruise but other than that, he was completely fine. Not a scratch.

At his higher ends, Thor's pretty damn durable. Even in regards to piercing attacks. Let that be clear.

Edit: The disk doesn't actually separate him from the Power Cosmic. It just prevents him from using it.

Starscream M
Show me Colossus is on par with SS, as I am new to comics and am not aware of his feats.

Thank you, kind sir. ok, I'll start by showing you all scans of colossus being cut and bloodied.

there.

Naija boy
so despite colossus not being cut, he is more cuttable than surfer? you're being a fanboy now

You are being a retard as usual. The only way to determine who has displayed better piercing durability is to see who has resisted the greater piercing attacks. Featwise that is surfer. Collossus has not faced the same level of piercing attacks that surfer has and come out unscathed, therefore u cannot attribute the same level of piercing durabillity to them. U cant just say oh "well neither of them hve been cut so we will just say they are the same". They have faced different level of piercing attacks with Surfer having withstood far superior attacks.

Colossus-Big C
pre death colossus has been scratched by plasma knifes as hot as the core of the sun

Mindset
ok, I'll start by showing you all scans of colossus being cut and bloodied.

there. That's not what I asked for.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Both times when he was pierced and has the obedience disk implant both times it was clearly indicated that Surfer was severely drained and could not do anything.

And being drained of the Power Cosmic means his durability is weakened... I thought that was clear.

Apparently it isn't.

Reducing his energy levels might not necessarily mean his silver coating becomes more vulnerable. At least at base levels.

Starscream M
You are being a retard as usual. The only way to determine who has displayed better piercing durability is to see who has resisted the greater piercing attacks. Featwise that is surfer. Collossus has not faced the same level of piercing attacks that surfer has and come out unscathed, therefore u cannot attribute the same level of piercing durabillity to them. U cant just say oh "well neither of them hve been cut so we will just say they are the same". They have faced different level of piercing attacks with Surfer having withstood far superior attacks. actuall if you want to get technical, colossus has faced superior cutting attacks than surfer and remained unfazed

colossus has faced wolverine's claws head on whereas I dont believe surfer has. so if anything, colossus has superior pierce feat.

kgkg
Just to clear things.

The first time Surfer gets the Ob disk.. He was weakened to the point Surfer says like "never before"

http://a.imageshack.us/img121/2310/skin1q.th.jpg

The second time Surfer just sealed the Old Power.

After that he was having difficulty speaking and also mentions that he only has power to leave the planet and do nothing else.
http://a.imageshack.us/img153/7339/skin2t.th.jpg

Mindset
Apparently it isn't.

Reducing his energy levels might not necessarily mean his silver coating becomes more vulnerable. At least at base levels. Why wouldn't it, seems like his energy levels are connected to his durability.

kgkg
Apparently it isn't.
Based on what really?

amnesia
actuall if you want to get technical, colossus has faced superior cutting attacks than surfer and remained unfazed

colossus has faced wolverine's claws head on whereas I dont believe surfer has. so if anything, colossus has superior pierce feat.

The fact that Wolvie can't stab colossus is so dumb that it's not even worth mentioning.

Starscream M
Originally posted by amnesia
The fact that Wolvie can't stab colossus is so dumb that it's not even worth mentioning. why is it dumb?

amnesia
why is it dumb?

Because wolverine can claw through steel like it's paper.

Starscream M
Because wolverine can claw through steel like it's paper. ok...but colossus is not steel.

amnesia
ok...but colossus is not steel.

Organic steel.

Colossus-Big C
Because wolverine can claw through steel like it's paper. thats dumb, colossus is far more durable than steel

Starscream M
Organic steel. organic steel is not anything like regular steel

Rage.Of.Olympus
Just to clear things.

The first time Surfer gets the Ob disk.. He was weakened to the point Surfer says like "never before"

http://a.imageshack.us/img121/2310/skin1q.th.jpg

The second time Surfer just sealed the Old Power.

After that he was having difficulty speaking and also mentions that he only has power to leave the planet and do nothing else.
http://a.imageshack.us/img153/7339/skin2t.th.jpg

I mentioned all this.

Based on what really?

The lack of evidence? I asked Naija if there are any scenes that show his silver coating gets weaker if his energy levels are depleted to an extent as I couldn't think of any. And he stated that isn't the norm and it's apparently an isolated incident under Pak. I however am not sure if that was the case even under Pak. Hence the discussion between us.

Naija boy
The second time the obedience disk penetrated his skin, I'm pretty sure he just lost some energy sealing the Old Power.

I'm not too sure about that. During the flash back, Surfer stated that the portal had weakened him, leaving him more vulnerable than before but that might be in regards to the drain in power, not his durability taking a dive. In Planet Hulk he was still very durable to piercing attacks even when cut off from the flow of Power Cosmic. I'd say that under Pak, Norrin is incredibly durable to piercing attacks, but just that, incredibly durable. Objects can apparently penetrate his skin.

Being vulnerable doesn't necessarily mean a decrease in piercing durability.

Bloodaxe was repeatedly pounding on a Masteson Thor who had his strength removed by Odin/Loki. He had a bruise bu
t other than that, he was completely fine. Not a scratch.

At his higher ends, Thor's pretty damn durable. Even in regards to piercing attacks. Let that be clear.

Yes he had used up his PC to the point that all he could do was fly back to meet galactus. As i said before we see the precedent for this dive in durability in the earlier planet hulk issue

Looking at the Surfers statements, its pretty clear that it was the vulnerability caused by the portal that made his flesh capable of being pierced by the obedience disk. The arrangement of the dialogue shows this. He first mentions that the portal had weakened him, and then emphasizes that he was more vulnerable than ever before. Vulnerability many times refers to susceptibility to injury and in that context would apply more accurately to such than to simly having low energy reserves . Its then after explaining to us how he was more vulnerable than ever before that he mentions that his captors pierced his flesh. The set up leading to that statement therefore heavily suggests that his vulnerability played a huge part in it. Moreover there are also other scenarios where Surfer has been shown to reduce (even if not as greatly) in overall durability when weakened tho they arent many.

Ill go look at the bloodaxe incident but it still matters little. While at his higher ends Thors piercing durability may indeed be high, its is clearly not on a consistent basis on Surfers level.

amnesia
organic steel is not anything like regular steel

Adamantium>every known metal.

Naija boy
actuall if you want to get technical, colossus has faced superior cutting attacks than surfer and remained unfazed

Firstly collossus did get scratched by wolverines claws. iirc it was even said he was no match for them. So thats not a feat to even be used. Moreover id wager that Morg swinging his cosmic axe is a bit more dangerous than wolverine swiping at you with his claws.

cdtm
Adamantium>every known metal.

True, but is Colossus's skin a known metal?

Is it even steel, really? Wolvies shredded steel plenty of times..

amnesia
Originally posted by cdtm
True, but is Colossus's skin a known metal?

Is it even steel, really? Wolvies shredded steel plenty of times..

Colossus have been taken down by less.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>