Paranormal Activity series cost $9mil to but made more than a half billion $'s. Why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
1 was great 2 was meh haven't seen 3.

but how has it become the most profitable movie of all time.

the cost ratio analysis should explain it right. you make a low budget film that looks real, very relatable because of it's normalcy, add a decent ghost story in and stong internet buzz.

i guess there's the solution in a nut shell maybe..

Impediment
Make a low budget movie about a serious and scary topic aimed at bovine America equals lots of f*cking money.

Simple answer.

dadudemon
There were some WTF moments in the first. Second gave me lame syndrome.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Impediment
Make a low budget movie about a serious and scary topic aimed at bovine America equals lots of f*cking money.

Simple answer.

i just thought that those numbers were amazing. and they keeping making more than $150 million each time. and the movies never went over $5 million to produce one. it goes to show what the audience is really into when it comes to horror. even though ghosts aren't real they represent the unknown and a deep fear of it. and how you can tie many (real world) things to it like terrorism, strangers, not knowing what happened to a loved one, or who, if anybody, is one behind the bs you're going through. or behind the curtain. that state of just not knowing is what they try to capture from audiences. (horror) movies don't really do that anymore.

the producers did a good job of knowing what to do here psychologically which is partly why it made so much money. you understand peoples psyche, find out where the demand/issue/problem is, make a product catering to that need in the form of a possible answer a solution or at least something tangible that can be see, a possible explaination, for as little resources as possible, sell it as something the masses need, and just let them indulge.

they truly extract and hold that "........wtf was that?" paranoid feeling outta you. at least part 1 did that for me.. and horror movies get never to me. but part 1 did. parts of it did, at least. but it did it better than any horror movie i've seen since i could remember. and i'm a horro movie fan. (of good horror movies)

anyway congrats to their success..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.