COUNCIL OF GODHEADS - Fear Itself

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Falamu
One of the main things I didn't get was Odin's master plan to raze the Earth and cull humanity - it didn't seem to make sense. As powerful as the Serpent was, as Thor alone in the end proved capable of killing him, his power was still very much finite.

Odin went as far as clash with Zeus in the Infinite Embassy over the issue of destroying Earth and humanity - but if the none of the other Skyfathers really supported Odin's plan, being indifferent at best, enraged at worst, why didn't Odin try instead to rally the Council and the other pantheons behind him and Asgard in a war to directly face and take down the Serpent? I mean, the Serpent was a lone deity from a single pantheon, and Odin alone toppled him before. Surely, with their combined forces, they would have been able to crush him eventually, if not easily? And wasn't the Council's original formation caused by global threats such as the Serpent's to Earth?

Falamu
Originally posted by Falamu
One of the main things I didn't get was Odin's master plan to raze the Earth and cull humanity - it didn't seem to make sense. As powerful as the Serpent was, as Thor alone in the end proved capable of killing him, his power was still very much finite.

Odin went as far as clash with Zeus in the Infinite Embassy over the issue of destroying Earth and humanity - but if the none of the other Skyfathers really supported Odin's plan, being indifferent at best, enraged at worst, why didn't Odin try instead to rally the Council and the other pantheons behind him and Asgard in a war to directly face and take down the Serpent? I mean, the Serpent was a lone deity from a single pantheon, and Odin alone toppled him before. Surely, with their combined forces, they would have been able to crush him eventually, if not easily? And wasn't the Council's original formation caused by global threats such as the Serpent's to Earth?

Also, if the Council (even if Odin himself could not directly do so) could have slain the Serpent, wouldn't Thor's death be avoided, and the prophecy negated, essentially?

roughrider
Wrong forum.

GalacticStorm
Agreed. It didnt make a lot of sense to be honest but i did enjoy reading it all the same smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.