Asguardian gods vs Olympian gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
who wins this and how?

Damborgson
The entire pantheons???

ozz81
Oh yeah sorry just to clarify yeah to be honest all of the or the entire: asgardian characters vs all olymplians characters like a war but both sides at their best or peak ... Yeah pantheons inc as well etc..

guy222
odin vs zeus == slight edge to odin

thor vs herc == slight edge to thor

comes down to

Damborgson
The Asgardians win.

JakeTheBank
Asgard.

Colossus-Big C
Olympus have people like hades and posieden who rival thor or surpass him in power. Thor has more h2h skill than them though but he isnt beating pluto, posieden and hercules at the same time he gets stomped

Asgard has one skyfather ,one herald and fodder
Olympus has one skyfather ,3 heralds and fodder

Also apollo>>Balder
Hermes is to fast for any asgardian

Hera is also isnt fodder

Odds in favor of olympions.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by guy222
odin vs zeus == slight edge to odin

thor vs herc == slight edge to thor

comes down to Olympions have people more powerful than hercules.

Colossus-Big C
Poseiden Vs WBH

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43469/1637885-incredible_hulks__621_014.jpg

Apollo VS WBH

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1640322-incredible_hulks__621_019_super.jpg

Typhon Vs Hercules, Wolverine and Spiderman

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33806/1030498-herc141_super.jpg

Pluto Vs Defenders

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/18/Hades2.png

Colossus-Big C
The olympions fighting alongside the abstracts

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1417854-1161727_the_end__06_06_tato.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Olympus have people like hades and posieden who rival thor or surpass him in power. Thor has more h2h skill than them though but he isnt beating pluto, posieden and hercules at the same time he gets stomped

Also apollo>>Balder

Hera is also isnt fodder

If you're counting Pluto and you seem to be using an immortal Hercules, does that mean Asgard gets Hela, pre-rebirth Loki, the Destroyer (It alone can solo the entire Olympia pantheon easily based on Iron Man/Thor), the Enchantress etc.?

Since you're using the classic versions, I won't count current Asgard which includes Gaea and the other All-Mothers.

It all depends on who we list for Asgard because when it comes down to it, they're flat out more powerful than Olympus barring Chaos War Hercules. That's just the truth.

Apollo beating Balder in a fight is very much debatable. I have no doubt that Hermod would match Hermes just fine.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Amidst the irrelevant scans, I noted Typhoon, are you counting villains?

Also, that wasn't World Breaker Hulk, stop lying.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If you're counting Pluto and you seem to be using an immortal Hercules, does that mean Asgard gets Hela, pre-rebirth Loki, the Destroyer, the Enchantress etc.?

Since you're using the classic versions, I won't count current Asgard which includes Gaea and the other All-Mothers.

It all depends on who we list for Asgard because when it comes down to it, they're flat out more powerful than Olympus barring Chaos War Hercules. That's just the truth.

Apollo beating Balder in a fight is very much debatable. I have no doubt that Hermod would match Hermes just fine. Pluto beat hela when he raided asgard, forgot about the destroyer.

Current asgard includes gaea? Scan? Gaea is also part of the olympion pantheon though

Besides the destroyer and odin/ Zeus . Who is flat out more powerful than who?

Apollo was severly burning hulk, balder doesnt have that energy output

Who is hermrod?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Pluto beat hela when he raided asgard, forgot about the destroyer.

Current asgard includes gaea? Scan? Gaea is also part of the olympion pantheon though

Besides the destroyer and odin/ Zeus . Who is flat out more powerful than who?

Apollo was severly burning hulk, balder doesnt have that energy output

Who is hermrod?

They were shown to be exact equals in combat up until Pluto summoned a horde to attack her. For some reason she couldn't do the same in that battle but as we know now, she can. Pluto vs. Hela is a wash.

Depends on the restrictions, or are you just listing anyone associated with the pantheons? Asgard has had more powerful Gods hanging around based on what I've seen.

I'm on my other computer, so no scans unfortunately. It happened in Fear Itself #7.2, Gaea and two other Goddesses have replaced Odin. She isn't part of their pantheon like she is in Asgard.

He hurt Hulk, which I can see Balder doing if we use a high version of him like Simonson's. I do think Apollo has the greater energy output, but that doesn't mean he'd win in a fight. Apollo should edge it out if he has his chariot unless Balder does some teleportation, projection etc. like he tended to do during Lee's run.

The Asgardian God of speed.

JakeTheBank
Asgard also boasts way more powerful weapons/artifacts.

TheLordofMurder

Also apollo>>Balder

Hera is also isnt fodder

Asgard has a Skyfather (and beyond if sufficiently amped) you failed to mention; The Asgardian Destroyer....

All of Asgard get inside that thing and utterly and completely own Olympus...

Asgard 10/10 without much effort...

Colossus-Big C
Well they stalemated in a thor comic so this is moot.....

zopzop
I wouldn't count the Destroyer in this fight. Sure it resides in Asgard but every skyfather on Earth added a fraction of their power to it, this includes Zeus. I'd disqualify that.

Utrigita
Originally posted by zopzop
I wouldn't count the Destroyer in this fight. Sure it resides in Asgard but every skyfather on Earth added a fraction of their power to it, this includes Zeus. I'd disqualify that.

It have never been associated with Olympus though, always Asgard, so I think it's fair to say that it belongs with Asgard and can be used in a contest between them. Else we will also have to disqualify the entire Asgardian Pantheon (minus Thor) because Zeus brought them back after the asgardians was defeated in the Destroyer fighting the fourth host.

Sin I AM
the destroyer isnt part of the pantheon so y include it?

Utrigita
Originally posted by Sin I AM
the destroyer isnt part of the pantheon so y include it?

I would include it initially because it's a artifact that belongs to Asgard. But my post was also more in connection to the scans that was posted on the previous page and the discussion between Rage and C, whether or not Villians was to be include and all that jazz. And if villians etc are included then imo, the Destroyer can't be ruled out as a artifact available to Asgard.

Colossus-Big C
If we include destroyer amor then why not include chaos war hercules?

Nihilist
If we include destroyer amor then why not include chaos war hercules? LOL

Silent Master

Because the Destroyer has been associated with the Asgardians since around 1965, whereas Chaos war Hercules was a temp power-up?

Sin I AM

because chaos herc isnt standard and the destroyer isnt a sentient being...its just a suit of armor.

all op stated was one pantheon vs another, which in my opinion shold only be the head dieties

Nihilist
Originally posted by Silent Master
Because the Destroyer has been associated with the Asgardians since around 1965, whereas Chaos war Hercules was a temp power-up? Also some of the temp power came from outside Olympus.

zopzop
Originally posted by Utrigita
It have never been associated with Olympus though, always Asgard, so I think it's fair to say that it belongs with Asgard and can be used in a contest between them.

True, but it has power in it that doesn't belong to the Asgardian pantheon. Vishnu, Zeus, Quetzalcoatl, etc.. all add their power to it. Kinda unfair to use it in a pantheon war between the two (Asgard and Olympus).

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Nihilist
Also some of the temp power came from outside Olympus. Some of the power in the destroyer came from outside asgard though

But yea

Nihilist
Some of the power in the destroyer came from outside asgard though

But yea When they fought Celestials, yeah that 1 time.

Every other time as standard it comes from Asgard.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Lol.

The Destroyer is still part of Asgard's armory, what the hell would Zeus do if one of them decided to inhabit it?

Besides, Asgard still created the Destroyer, the Skyfathers just added a portion of their power later.

I don't even understand why it was necessary to include them, f*cking Thomas. In terms of weapon making, Asgard has always been top notch.

Utrigita
True, but it has power in it that doesn't belong to the Asgardian pantheon. Vishnu, Zeus, Quetzalcoatl, etc.. all add their power to it. Kinda unfair to use it in a pantheon war between the two (Asgard and Olympus).

How often is it taken into consideration that the Destroyer is ampified by the head of the other Pantheons? I frankly can't recall a single time. And while it may be unfair given who created it, there is no doubt about where it belong. Which was my point, that if we include villians etc. then the Destroyer armor should be included on the side of the Asgardians, regardless of Zeus enchantment because the armor given it's story belongs with Asgard.

Utrigita
Besides, Asgard still created the Destroyer, the Skyfathers just added a portion of their power later.

I was under the impression that Vishnu and Zeus oversaw the creation of the Destroyer and then enchanted it, upon it's completion. I might be recalling the scans wrong though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Something like that. Odin created it in his realm, then IIRC after it was done, he took it to the other heads to place a fraction of their power into it.

Thomas pretty much retconned most of Asgardian lore like that. Thank god the only thing that has any relevance from that era anymore are the Celestial encounters.

I'll dig and see if there's a retelling that retcons the revelation.

While we're at it, I just read Thor: The Deviant Saga #1 and they have a Universe destroying weapon in their armory that warps reality. I don't want to include it in this battle personally, just mentioning it. Wonder if they have other comparable devices hidden in that secret weapons chamber. Although it'd be cool, Asgard is going to come off looking a bit silly, as it's a post-Siege world.

Colossus-Big C
iron man/thor is sort of a retelling. when diablo entered the destroyer it said he had nigh omnipotent power because all of the skyfathers empowered it...

zopzop

They crafted the armor, but it was the fact that every "Sky Lord" blessed it with a portion of their power that made it 'all powerful'. The narration itself states that Odin took it to the other skyfathers for their blessing of power.
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6959/skyfathers.th.jpg

That thing has godly energy from outside the Asgardian pantheon.

Silent Master
It still belongs to the Asgardians.

Colossus-Big C
It still belongs to the Asgardians. well i guess every fight galactus is in he can whip out the Ultimate Nullifier because It still belongs to galactus.....

Silent Master
well i guess every fight galactus is in he can whip out the Ultimate Nullifier because It still belongs to galactus.....

U mad?

Rage.Of.Olympus
They crafted the armor, but it was the fact that every "Sky Lord" blessed it with a portion of their power that made it 'all powerful'. The narration itself states that Odin took it to the other skyfathers for their blessing of power.

I know what was said.

I still see no reason why the Asgardian Destroyer shouldn't be counted for Asgard because when it comes down to it, the armor's rightful place is in the Asgardian armory, the realm it was forged in.

Not to mention, Big-C was referencing Typhoon and shit.

iron man/thor is sort of a retelling. when diablo entered the destroyer it said he had nigh omnipotent power because all of the skyfathers empowered it...

erm

Rage.Of.Olympus
well i guess every fight galactus is in he can whip out the Ultimate Nullifier because It still belongs to galactus.....

Are you f*cking kidding me?

You reference Typhoon then liken the use of the Destroyer to the Ultimate Nullifier?

GTFO.

psycho gundam
odin has the pink slip, it's his. no other god from another pantheon ever claimed it nor used it for their own ends. (aside desak and hulk)

Colossus-Big C
U mad? Why? I was saying its the same thing and it is. Om not biased here i like asgard

Colossus-Big C
I know what was said.

I still see no reason why the Asgardian Destroyer shouldn't be counted for Asgard because when it comes down to it, the armor's rightful place is in the Asgardian armory, the realm it was forged in.

Not to mention, Big-C was referencing Typhoon and shit.

erm Thats what the comic said though, made it seem like that power is always there

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by psycho gundam
odin has the pink slip, it's his. no other god from another pantheon ever claimed it nor used it for their own ends. (aside desak and hulk) High evolutionary used it

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thats what the comic said though, made it seem like that power is always there

Nope.

In the actual comic, the closest scene resembling your description is the Destroyer stealing the power of all the other pantheons making Diablo omnipotent.

No mention of it's creation or the other Skyfathers was made.

As a matter of fact, wasn't Snowbird's and/or the Eternals shown? Pretty sure neither of them were on Odin's council.

zopzop
Nope.

In the actual comic, the closest scene resembling your description is the Destroyer stealing the power of all the other pantheons making Diablo omnipotent.

No mention of it's creation or the other Skyfathers was made.

As a matter of fact, wasn't Snowbird's and/or the Eternals shown? Pretty sure neither of them were on Odin's council.

But even then, wouldn't it make sense that Diablo was able to do that by exploiting the link the Destroyer shares to the Skyfathers and hence their pantheons (not the Eternals of course assuming they were pictured)? Otherwise how would it be logical that the Destroyer would be able to siphon power from the other pantheons (if it had no relation to them)?

Can anyone post the scan in question? Anyone have it?

Wang is Sick
nutnut

Lord Feron

great scan dude that news to me!

Rage.Of.Olympus
But even then, wouldn't it make sense that Diablo was able to do that by exploiting the link the Destroyer shares to the Skyfathers and hence their pantheons (not the Eternals of course assuming they were pictured)? Otherwise how would it be logical that the Destroyer would be able to siphon power from the other pantheons (if it had no relation to them)?

Can anyone post the scan in question? Anyone have it?

Maybe, but the comic doesn't mention or reference the link that you're looking for. The Destroyer stole that power as far as I can tell because it's that potent of a weapon. Here are the scans:
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8618/0225110109copy.th.jpghttp://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3980/0225110110copy.th.jpghttp://img853.imageshack.us/img853/1178/0225110111copy.th.jpg

I'll have to ask K-M- (He might finally be useful for something) whether the man and woman on the right are from Snowbirds pantheon. They don't look like Eternals to me or any other pantheon I know. At least off hand. It's ultimately irrelevant but it makes my argument look better.

Colossus-Big C
Looks like zeus and hera

Rage.Of.Olympus
That comic came out like this year.

zopzop
Maybe, but the comic doesn't mention or reference the link that you're looking for. The Destroyer stole that power as far as I can tell because it's that potent of a weapon. Here are the scans:
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8618/0225110109copy.th.jpghttp://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3980/0225110110copy.th.jpghttp://img853.imageshack.us/img853/1178/0225110111copy.th.jpg

I'll have to ask K-M- (He might finally be useful for something) whether the man and woman on the right are from Snowbirds pantheon. They don't look like Eternals to me or any other pantheon I know. At least off hand. It's ultimately irrelevant but it makes my argument look better.

The comic doesn't have to reference the link, it's pretty much a given, unless they retconned the Destroyer's origin.

But more interesting, that woman isn't Snowbird. It's Saturyne or however you spell her name. Roma's assistant. I wonder why she'd be there? She's not a member of any pantheon. I also wonder who the white bearded guy is.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The comic doesn't have to reference the link, it's pretty much a given, unless they retconned the Destroyer's origin.

But more interesting, that woman isn't Snowbird. It's Saturyne or however you spell her name. Roma's assistant. I wonder why she'd be there? She's not a member of any pantheon. I also wonder who the white bearded guy is.

Of course it has to be mentioned, this entire discussion started because of what Big C claimed was said.

Ha, you're right, it is her. That's even better, she isn't even in an earthly pantheon much less part of the group that lent it's power. So the argument that the Destroyer taking power from the other pantheons reinforces the idea of a link under Thomas like Colossus argues is squashed, thanks.

The old man could be Zeus but it's a wild guess.

Colossus-Big C
It does says all the energy from the pantheons.

zopzop

Ha, you're right, it is her. That's even better, she isn't even in an earthly pantheon much less part of the group that lent it's power. So the argument that the Destroyer taking power from the other pantheons reinforces the idea of a link under Thomas like Colossus argues is squashed, thanks.

Not really it could just be sloppy writing/art. She not a god or a member of any pantheon. I don't understand why should would be mentioned or grouped with the others in that scan.

MF DELPH
Smh...

The Destroyer isn't a God and it's not a member of either Pantheon so it shouldn't be included in the fight.

A question as to whether the Olympian Titans would be included though, as they are actual members of the Olympian Pantheon.

Silent Master
It's an Asgardian weapon, is this a no weapons fight?

Mindset
Destroyer isn't part of this fight.

Case Closed.

Let's move on.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not really it could just be sloppy writing/art. She not a god or a member of any pantheon. I don't understand why should would be mentioned or grouped with the others in that scan.

Did you see how this discussion started?

Colossus specifically said that the Destroyer being empowered by other members of the Council was mentioned. Not only is that not true, the inclusion of this character invalidates the theory that whatever power was placed from the other pantheons is the reason for this feat. It wasn't solid in the first place, the Skyfathers only implanted a small portion of their power.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Smh...

The Destroyer isn't a God and it's not a member of either Pantheon so it shouldn't be included in the fight.

A question as to whether the Olympian Titans would be included though, as they are actual members of the Olympian Pantheon.

I mentioned the Destroyer initially to Colossus, asking whether it's included. After all, he mentioned Typhoon.

I assumed it's the Godlings only. The farthest we can go imo are people like Pluto, Enchantress, Hela, Skurge and Loki etc.

ozz81
It's an Asgardian weapon, is this a no weapons fight?

Its a weopons fight both sides use all the power they have at their disposal!

Mindset
I disagree, ozz81.

CASE. CLOSED.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by ozz81

Alright, that settles it. Ironically, I didn't even enter this thread with the intention of mentioning it.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Mindset
Destroyer isn't part of this fight.

Case Closed.

Let's move on.

Lets not move on as you are wrong...

Happy Dance

The Destroyer is a weapon of Asgard...

Since both sides get to bring their weapons into this fight (the OP didnt forbid it and it makes perfect since for both sides to bring their weapons with them into battle), the Asgardians rightfully should be able to use the Destroyer against the Olympians...

This is probaly a really competitive fight sans the AD, but with it, the Asgardians roll the Olympians...

Asgard 10/10...

Mindset
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Lets not move on as you are wrong...

Happy Dance

The Destroyer is a weapon of Asgard...

Since both sides get to bring their weapons into this fight (the OP didnt forbid it and it makes perfect since for both sides to bring their weapons with them into battle), the Asgardians rightfully should be able to use the Destroyer against the Olympians...

This is probaly a really competitive fight sans the AD, but with it, the Asgardians roll the Olympians...

Asgard 10/10... One day I'll teach you what a joke is.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Mindset
One day I'll teach you what a joke is.

I'll only attend your class if its free...

zopzop
Did you see how this discussion started?

Colossus specifically said that the Destroyer being empowered by other members of the Council was mentioned. Not only is that not true, the inclusion of this character invalidates the theory that whatever power was placed from the other pantheons is the reason for this feat. It wasn't solid in the first place, the Skyfathers only implanted a small portion of their power.

A "small" portion was enough to rez the dead Asgardians (Odin included). The scan even says that small portion made the armor "virtually all powerful".

Existere
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I'll only attend your class if its free... ... well, I laughed.

Igniz
Isn't the Asgardian Pantheon not only makes magical weapons but they seem to show that they also make technological weapons as well?I can recall the Asgardians using Tech weapons against Mangog and Surtur.I think the Asgardians used the thunder canon against Mangog twice and a frost gun against Surtur.

I might go with the Asgardians since they seem to be better armed than the Olympians in terms of Magic and Technological Weapons.But that's just me.

Sin I AM
if the destroyer is used the so should the titans

Rage.Of.Olympus
A "small" portion was enough to rez the dead Asgardians (Odin included).

A small portion of energy from their individual pantheons was stored and used by Thor to bring back the Asgardians.

Not sure what relevance all of this has with the argument. You can't seriously be comparing the Destroyer in that mini to what was shown under Thomas. That would be ridiculous.

The scan even says that small portion made the armor "virtually all powerful".

Irrelevant hyperbole. The Destroyer Armor is beastly, that's not in question, but it's far from all powerful regularly.

-K-M-
Yeah that isn't members of the Inua patheon

Rage.Of.Olympus
if the destroyer is used the so should the titans

Depends on which Titans.

It's ultimately irrelevant though, Asgard wins.

Igniz
Why not just say "Basic Destroyer" and not "Pantheon Powered Destroyer" instead.If the Destroyer(Basic) is included, then that just makes my point about the Asgardians are better armed.Destroyer without the power of the entire Asgardian Pantheon was still a beast though.

Sin I AM
Depends on which Titans.

It's ultimately irrelevant though, Asgard wins.

asgard wins based on tech which has borrowed energy from different pantheons...thats not a win and its not what the op stated

Rage.Of.Olympus
asgard wins based on tech which has borrowed energy from different pantheons...thats not a win and its not what the op stated

Using the Destroyer to beat the Olympians is somehow not a win? How does that make sense? Besides, Asgard has always excelled at creating weapons both mystical and technological, the other God Heads weren't necessary to include but Thomas being Thomas did.

The OP said we can include the Destroyer and other weapons on this page.

Besides, I could just point to the Destroyer being referenced as being empowered/created by Odin before and after Thor #300 which was pretty much debunked during Walter Simonson as the Odin Eye was a spiteful little thing talking shit. But I don't because I'm nice like that.

Utrigita
Actually Sin I Am

jalek moye
No it's a win. Asgard uses it as a weapon in battles somewhat frequently. It's clearly something that's part of their arsenal.

zopzop
Using the Destroyer to beat the Olympians is somehow not a win? How does that make sense? Besides, Asgard has always excelled at creating weapons both mystical and technological, the other God Heads weren't necessary to include but Thomas being Thomas did.

The thing about that is, the Destroyer was crafted by Asgardians but empowered by every skyfather on Earth. That new weapon Erishkigal found wasn't made by Asgardians at all but an alien artifact that just stumbled into their hands.

Aside from Mjolnir/Stormbreaker, what other elite weapons have the Asgardians made (that are purely Asgardian)?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Utrigita
Actually Sin I Am

i said the op....he changed the shite on the last page for the sake of prolonging the argument

Silent Master
The thing about that is, the Destroyer was crafted by Asgardians but empowered by every skyfather on Earth. That new weapon Erishkigal found wasn't made by Asgardians at all but an alien artifact that just stumbled into their hands.

Aside from Mjolnir/Stormbreaker, what other elite weapons have the Asgardians made (that are purely Asgardian)?

Captain America didn't make his shield...does that mean he doesn't get to use it in vs threads?

jalek moye

while it's true that it's part of other pantheons power. But I don't think it's really debatable as not being part of their arsenal. I mean it's clearly a weapon they actually use.

As a strictly god battle it prolly shouldn't be included, since none of them uses it as standard gear. But the Destroyer is clearly a part of their kingdoms arsenal.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by jalek moye
No it's a win. Asgard uses it as a weapon in battles somewhat frequently. It's clearly something that's part of their arsenal.

asgard use it as frequently as reed used the un...i dont remember seeing the destroyer in seige, or against galan, its a plot device nothing more...and going with the original op NOT part of the pantheon

zopzop
Captain America didn't make his shield...does that mean he doesn't get to use it in vs threads?

Difference is, Zeus actually contributed power to the Destroy Armor (among other Skyfahters) how is it fair that the Asgardians get to use it in a pantheon war? It has power in it that was given by OTHER pantheons.

jalek moye
asgard use it as frequently as reed used the un...i dont remember seeing the destroyer in seige, or against galan, its a plot device nothing more...and going with the original op NOT part of the pantheon
They pulled it against Galan at the end. People like Loki have used it, he used it during one of the recent arcs to help save asgard. Balder used it during the JMS run. They used it against the celestial, it's been used against thor by Odin and against others by Odin, there is another handful of times its been used. Yes it wasn't used during siege but that maybe have been because Odin wasn't there. It's used often enough to be a viable weapon in an actual war. I myself said don't know if it should count here, but it clearly is a real part of their arsenal not some one off artifact

Silent Master
Difference is, Zeus actually contributed power to the Destroy Armor (among other Skyfahters) how is it fair that the Asgardians get to use it in a pantheon war? It has power in it that was given by OTHER pantheons.

Following that logic, if the fight was War Machine vs Iron-man...you would be in here saying that it wouldn't be fair for Rhodes to use his armor, right?

After all, it was built by Tony aka Iron-man.

ozz81
They pulled it against Galan at the end. People like Loki have used it, he used it during one of the recent arcs to help save asgard. Balder used it during the JMS run. They used it against the celestial, it's been used against thor by Odin and against others by Odin, there is another handful of times its been used. Yes it wasn't used during siege but that maybe have been because Odin wasn't there. It's used often enough to be a viable weapon in an actual war. I myself said don't know if it should count here, but it clearly is a real part of their arsenal not some one off artifact

thumb up

Igniz

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/9/50/4bc44787a6c1b/detail.jpg

Its part of the Asgardians arsenal.

JakeTheBank

Gungnir, Dragonfang, the Norn Stones, Belt of Strength, Twilight Sword, Casket of Ancient Winters, etc.

Asgard has an obscene amount of weaponry and artifacts which they've used and have at their disposal.

Rage.Of.Olympus

So I guess we're done with our previous discussion then? You've gone in a different direction entirely.

So what? It still counts. Besides like I said, if anything, that scene under Thomas was retconned during Simonson as everything told by the Odin Eye is extremely suspect. I know, it was worth mentioning.

Plenty, the Asgardian based comicverse in general has a slew of incredibly powerful objects/weapons/artifacts. I mean, writers just make these weapons up when they need to in Thor related comics.

In Fear Itself alone, Asgard forged seven weapons that let the Avengers match the Worthy in just a few hours. Tony Stark provided the designs mind you but that doesn't matter.

I wonder if Mangog would count as his a creation of Odin. mhmm

Sin I AM

i get that, but destroyer armor is solely a plot device nothing more. its not wielded like mjolnir or caps shield , etc...and the reason y the olympians havent divulged their armory is because marvel has a hard-on for norse lore. hell Hephaestus is just as talented a smith as the dwarves who frged mjolnir, they just get no screen time. i just dont see it as a conventional weapon

zopzop
Following that logic, if the fight was War Machine vs Iron-man...you would be in here saying that it wouldn't be fair for Rhodes to use his armor, right?

After all, it was built by Tony aka Iron-man. '

The OP originally said PAN THEON (all gods) war between Asgard and Olympus. So Destroyer armor is out (seeing as how it's powered by gods NOT in the Asgardian PAN THEON). If he meant to say Asgard and all its' resources vs Olympus and all it's resources then that would be a different story.

zopzop
@Rage

Can you provide scans of the retconning of the Destroyer armor's origin?

Silent Master
The OP originally said PAN THEON (all gods) war between Asgard and Olympus. So Destroyer armor is out (seeing as how it's powered by gods NOT in the Asgardian PAN THEON). If he meant to say Asgard and all its' resources vs Olympus and all it's resources then that would be a different story.

The Destroyer is in.

Rage.Of.Olympus

This isn't something that's debatable or open to interpretation. The Destroyer is part of Asgard's arsenal, the TS gave the green light for it's involvement.

i get that, but destroyer armor is solely a plot device nothing more. its not wielded like mjolnir or caps shield , etc...and the reason y the olympians havent divulged their armory is because marvel has a hard-on for norse lore. hell Hephaestus is just as talented a smith as the dwarves who frged mjolnir, they just get no screen time. i just dont see it as a conventional weapon

So typical butt hurt then?

zopzop
The Destroyer is in.

Then Asgard wins. Even if the Olympians found a counter to the Destroyer, Asgardians have weapons in their arsenal that are alien in origin and supposedly capable of wrecking havoc on the universe.

Colossus-Big C
Can we use heras universe?

Rage.Of.Olympus
@Rage

Can you provide scans of the retconning of the Destroyer armor's origin?

Originally, the Destroyer was specifically referenced as being created/empowered/enchanted by Odin way before Thor #300, such references have been made after.

The entire Skyfather involvement was revealed by the Odin eye, the reliability of which was put into serious question in Thor #355 by Simonson:
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4710/thor198535515.th.jpghttp://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3318/thor198535516.th.jpg

Being a Kirby/Lee fan, he didn't like all the Asgardian lore warping Thomas did. If anything, it didn't retcon the origin of the Destroyer, it set it straight by ignoring all that other bullshit.

psycho gundam
Its a weopons fight both sides use all the power they have at their disposal! if zeus is presumed equal to odin, they cancel each other out. hela, enchantress, loki, and thor really offset this fight however

ozz81
Sorry people just to clarify just incase to avoid further confusions: yeah i meant to say an all out war/fight/battle between the entire Asgardian and Olympian race , gods and pantheons also involved etc in the entire marvel universe .. Both sides use all the weopons,resources and powers they have at their disposal ..so yeah destroyer also involved ..

MF DELPH
Can Olympians use Pandora's Box and Hera's Continuum Weapon?

Rage.Of.Olympus
have weapons in their arsenal that are alien in origin and supposedly capable of wrecking havoc on the universe.

The Destroyer Armor is one thing but I don't think we should use that reality warping device or whatever other powerful weaponry is revealed to be behind that sealed vault.

The furthest I'd personally go are the Norn Stones because they've been used here and there over the decades but one off shit like that shouldn't fly imo. Or we might as well use Chaos War Hercules.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Can Olympians use Pandora's Box

The one from Thunderstrike? I guess it would add some additional ground troops for Olympus but that's about it I'd wager. IIRC, it wasn't even Olympian in origin, some sorcerer named Tanalus was the mastermind.

and Hera's Continuum Weapon?

It's been a while since I read Pak's run, but IIRC, it made a parallel Universe that's the perfect replica of the real one. Not sure what purpose that would serve.

zeel
welp i guess we need to disqualify thors hammer becasue its not a sentiant being geeeesh.

snowdragon
Asgard has a ton more showings and Marvel has given them far more depth in their development.

Really this is a terrible match.

TheLordofMurder

Gungnir...
Oversword of Asgard...
Thrudstok (Scepter of Power)...
Norn Stones...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.