The 2000ft Asgardian Destroyer vs Marvel Earth...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Reed and Franklin Richards are off in some other dimension having a meeting with Galactus; they are not available to aid Marvel Earth in this senario; The Destroyer is weilding Gungnir...

Fight to the Death or KO...no BFR...who wins?

zopzop
PIS and CIS off?

Hope summons the the Full PF and melts the Destroyer into slag. Or someone unlocks Legion's full power again and he erases it and all Asgard from existence (like he did with the Elder Gods of Limbo). Or some other "Omega" level mutant steps in to save the day. Hell they could beg that Marquis of Death dude to step in and save them (sure he's from an alt dimension but he was involved with 616 reality no?).

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
PIS and CIS off?

Hope summons the the Full PF and melts the Destroyer into slag. Or someone unlocks Legion's full power again and he erases it and all Asgard from existence (like he did with the Elder Gods of Limbo). Or some other "Omega" level mutant steps in to save the day. Hell they could beg that Marquis of Death dude to step in and save them (sure he's from an alt dimension but he was involved with 616 reality no?).

PIS off, CIS on...

Can Hope summon the FULL PF on demand?

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
PIS off, CIS on...

Can Hope summon the FULL PF on demand?

That was me reaching big grin I just assumed she would have to do something that drastic because the X-Men are facing off vs an entire HOST of Celestials. We can ignore it smile

But in all seriousness -
HoM Wanda/Doom wish the thing from existence
Marquis of Death/Clyde whatever his name is can handle it with ease too
They unlock Legion's full power and he annihilates it

Those are the ones that come to mind. There's probably more I'm missing.

TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

God...Marvel does write those "Omega" level mutants ridiculously powerful...dont they?

Not certain about the MoD character, but HoM Wanda and Legion could do it...

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

God...Marvel does write those "Omega" level mutants ridiculously powerful...dont they?

Not certain about the MoD character, but HoM Wanda and Legion could do it...

You never saw MoD's respect thread? Dude he and his "good" self summon powers and principalities ranging from Odin to Eternity to go to war for them. I don't get htf he's that powerful but he is.

And I think it's HoM Dr. Doom now :P He stole her power back (it was retconned that he gave her that power through some weird ritual).

Damn it there was someone else, was on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember his name. I'll post when I recall it.

wildernesss
any of the various characters with a time machine could go back in time
& enlist the molecule man, sentry, etc to destroy that heap of scrap
metal on a molecular level. end of story.

zopzop
I don't think Owen aka Molecule Man would do anything against the 2000ft Destroyer except die horribly. He'd be no help.

wildernesss
I don't think Owen aka Molecule Man would do anything against the 2000ft Destroyer except die horribly. He'd be no help.

huh? you mean the same owen who beat the beyonder & who's
omnipotence impressed celestial beings like eternity?

he would turn the destroyer into a wind-up toy.

zopzop
Originally posted by wildernesss
huh? you mean the same owen who beat the beyonder & who's
omnipotence impressed celestial beings like eternity?

he would turn the destroyer into a wind-up toy.

That same post retcon MM lost to Klaw, Aaron the Rogue Watcher and Sentry. So he won 1 fight and lost 3. That's a horrendous record. And none of those opponents would be a match for Odin let alone the 2000ft Destroyer.

wildernesss
That same post retcon MM lost to Klaw, Aaron the Rogue Watcher and Sentry. So he won 1 fight and lost 3. That's a horrendous record. And none of those opponents would be a match for Odin let alone the 2000ft Destroyer.

mm lost to those bozos (except sentry of course) through a plot device that allowed for a inferior character to exploit a very specific weakness that would have nothing to do with the character's efficacy against
the destroyer. those opponents would lose against the destroyer because they're not as powerful as owen.

guy222
good points in here

JakeTheBank
lol @ Sentry beating the 2000ft Asgardian Destroyer. He had trouble with the Norns. The Destroyer in this state massacres him.

All hope lies in Doom.

wildernesss
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
lol @ Sentry beating the 2000ft Asgardian Destroyer. He had trouble with the Norns. The Destroyer in this state massacres him.

All hope lies in Doom.

that's because the norns inhibited his molecular powers; if you noticed, prior to the norns activation by loki, the void destroyed almost every character pitted against him (including thor) when he pierced them with the void's infini-tendrils. when the norns were activated it was remarked that they were getting another chance. i.e. brought back to life.

JakeTheBank
that's because the norns inhibited his molecular powers; if you noticed, prior to the norns activation by loki, the void destroyed almost every character pitted against him (including thor) when he pierced them with the void's infini-tendrils. when the norns were activated it was remarked that they were getting another chance. i.e. brought back to life.

Yeah, and Norn Stones =/= The Destroyer Armor, let alone this incarnation of the Destroyer Armor.

Nothing Sentry did in Siege or in Dark Avengers or anywhere else suggests him being able to fight the Destroyer Armor in this state.

zopzop
All hope lies in Doom.

HoM Doom says "No more Destroyer"
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6707/tumblrlu5fnsoepx1qkbfth.th.jpg

wildernesss
Yeah, and Norn Stones =/= The Destroyer Armor, let alone this incarnation of the Destroyer Armor.

Nothing Sentry did in Siege or in Dark Avengers or anywhere else suggests him being able to fight the Destroyer Armor in this state.

the two aren't really comparable & serve completely different functions.
the norn stones function in a different capacity from the destroyer which
is basically a device which blasts the crap out of everything & is nearly
invulnerable.

I disagree; the void depicted in the original sentry mini series was a phoenix/galactus level being. different incarnations of the void have different scales of power iirc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
when the norns were activated it was remarked that they were getting another chance. i.e. brought back to life.

What, how the hell did you come to that conclusion?

Also, Void would get f*cking raped. The Odin Destroyer is beyond the power of the Norn Stones and their master Karnilla.

AlmightyKfish

Except Owen didn't fight Klaw/Aaron at his normal power levels, he was temporarily reverted back to inorganic molecule manipulation and his power levels at the start of his career.

He later pushed back his limits to become CC level again, with the fight with Beyonder and that. Admittedly he did lose to Sentry, but he was clearly not in a good state of mind at the time, and was not using his powers to their full extent...

Claiming he is useless because he has a bad record despite the fact he was handicapped at the time is not an entirely convincing argument.

abhilegend
the two aren't really comparable & serve completely different functions.
the norn stones function in a different capacity from the destroyer which
is basically a device which blasts the crap out of everything & is nearly
invulnerable.

I disagree; the void depicted in the original sentry mini series was a phoenix/galactus level being. different incarnations of the void have different scales of power iirc.
crylaugh

zopzop
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Except Owen didn't fight Klaw/Aaron at his normal power levels, he was temporarily reverted back to inorganic molecule manipulation and his power levels at the start of his career.

He later pushed back his limits to become CC level again, with the fight with Beyonder and that. Admittedly he did lose to Sentry, but he was clearly not in a good state of mind at the time, and was not using his powers to their full extent...

Claiming he is useless because he has a bad record despite the fact he was handicapped at the time is not an entirely convincing argument.

Why is that Cube Beings and beings with Cube powers (MM) only have decent showings vs each other and not other opponents? Own won't do squat vs the Destroyer except die painfully.

AlmightyKfish
Why is that Cube Beings and beings with Cube powers (MM) only have decent showings vs each other and not other opponents? Own won't do squat vs the Destroyer except die painfully.

Because they're rarely ever featured in comics which don't directly involve other cube beings?

zopzop
Because they're rarely ever featured in comics which don't directly involve other cube beings?

Hence they're over rated and over hyped garbage? Check! thumb up

AlmightyKfish
Hence they're over rated and over hyped garbage? Check! thumb up

Not really, the 2000 foot Destroyer also doesn't appear in comics unless they feature a foe of it's power level.

Hence Odin powered Destroyer is over rated and over hyped?

The same logic could pretty much be applied to any high end cosmic, they all vary in power between writers and often have statements of power > any actual feats. Eternity, Celestials, Cube Beings all suffer from this.

zopzop
Not really, the 2000 foot Destroyer also doesn't appear in comics unless they feature a foe of it's power level.

Hence Odin powered Destroyer is over rated and over hyped?

The same logic could pretty much be applied to any high end cosmic, they all vary in power between writers and often have statements of power > any actual feats. Eternity, Celestials, Cube Beings all suffer from this.

Not really. Eternity and the Celestials at least have been present during major universal conflicts : the IG saga, the HotU, etc.. The Cube Beings are suspiciously AWOL. Wonder why that is?

Power Cosmic II
magik stabs it with the soulsword

Legion solos

AlmightyKfish
Not really. Eternity and the Celestials at least have been present during major universal conflicts : the IG saga, the HotU, etc.. The Cube Beings are suspiciously AWOL. Wonder why that is?

Because they'd serve no purpose being involved in the story?
The same reason say, the Celestials and Eternity didn't appear in universal conflicts like Annihilation or LT not appearing in some of the Captain Britain omniversal crisis type stories...

zopzop
Because they'd serve no purpose being involved in the story?
The same reason say, the Celestials and Eternity didn't appear in universal conflicts like Annihilation or LT not appearing in some of the Captain Britain omniversal crisis type stories...

But the fact remains that neither did the Cube Beings! At least Eternity and the Celestials and Galactus make appearances during cosmic level events. The Cube Beings are NEVER there. Not once have they been involved in a universal level conflict since their retcon, that alone should tell you something.

wildernesss
Originally posted by abhilegend
crylaugh

Thanks for clearly establishing that you didn't read it or are the slightest
bit aware of just how powerful the sentry/void was depicted as in the
conclusion of the original mini-series.

try actually informing yourself with the facts before being condescending.
that's usually how that sort of thing works.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.