WB Hulk vs. DOV Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

JakeTheBank
Billy beats the shit out of him.

Cogito
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Damborgson

Galan007
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Who wins? laughing out loud

zeel

rock

Stoic
I know that this is going against the grain, because based on hype, DOV Marvel is up there with Galactus, and should be even above Odin, but based on feats, Marvel really didn't cause much in the way moving mountains, let alone disintegrating worlds.

My take on this thread, is that WB Hulk would tear DOV Marvel a new one, based on, on panel feats of destruction. But based on hype Marvel, is above WB Hulk, and most likely would be above Sky Father as well.

This one is a matter of opinion if thought through carefully.

Prep-Man
billy 9/10.

carver9
Hulk stomps.

JakeTheBank
lol

SquallX
Originally posted by Stoic
I know that this is going against the grain, because based on hype, DOV Marvel is up there with Galactus, and should be even above Odin, but based on feats, Marvel really didn't cause much in the way moving mountains, let alone disintegrating worlds.

My take on this thread, is that WB Hulk would tear DOV Marvel a new one, based on, on panel feats of destruction. But based on hype Marvel, is above WB Hulk, and most likely would be above Sky Father as well.

A fight doesn't need to show busting of mountains or galaxies to show the characters true strength.

What we know is that Spectre fought Nabu and won.

From what we know of Nabu alone proves for Spectre to even beat him, the Spectre needed some pretty powerful powers as a back up.

Marvel himself was able to survived against said Spectre.

So in conclusion Marvel turns Hulk into a green stain.

TheHulk
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk stomps. thumb up

Prep-Man
regular billy, but not dov cap.

Rage.Of.Olympus

This environmental destruction logic completely falls apart when you take into account the fact that a Gamma bomb amped, all out, World Breaker Hulk was beating on Fing Fang Foom with a similarly amped She-Hulk without doing any noticeable damage against the environment.

Side question: Do you think Bill/Surfer/Morg/Stardust etc. are above this Captain Marvel as well?

Captain Marvel wins, that's the only conclusion you can reach if even a bit of common sense is applied. Your reasoning is horrid, no one is going to be breaking apart planets while in a nearby vicinty to Earth.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
This environmental destruction logic completely falls apart when you take into account the fact that a Gamma bomb amped, all out, World Breaker Hulk was beating on Fing Fang Foom with a similarly amped She-Hulk without doing any noticeable damage against the environment.

Side question: Do you think Bill/Surfer/Morg/Stardust etc. are above this Captain Marvel as well?

Captain Marvel wins, that's the only conclusion you can reach if even a bit of common sense is applied. Your reasoning is horrid, no one is going to be breaking apart planets while in a nearby vicinty to Earth.

It's Earth...of course they won't let it explode like the Dark Dimension planet. You are nitpicking.

jalek moye
It's Earth...of course they won't let it explode like the Dark Dimension planet. You are nitpicking.
Stoics argument was about that very fact? Why is it nitpicking for Rage to say Earth won't. but it's ok for stoic to say that Earth didn't as his reason for Hulk winning?

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's Earth...of course they won't let it explode like the Dark Dimension planet. You are nitpicking. Originally posted by jalek moye
Stoics argument was about that very fact? Why is it nitpicking for Rage to say Earth won't. but it's ok for stoic to say that Earth didn't as his reason for Hulk winning?

This.

I told you before Carver, reading is important.

JakeTheBank
I don't think you understand just how powerful Captain Marvel was at this point, Carv. Unamped Cap would be able to hang with even the most powerful versions of Hulk. This Cap would decimate him.

carver9
Gotcha. My bad Rage.

carver9
I don't think you understand just how powerful Captain Marvel was at this point, Carv. Unamped Cap would be able to hang with even the most powerful versions of Hulk. This Cap would decimate him.

What is DOV? Is this Cap with Shazam "full" power or is this the Cap that fought KC Superman?

jalek moye
What is DOV? Is this Cap with Shazam "full" power or is this the Cap that fought KC Superman?
When Captain Marvel fought a crazed Spectre in the comic: Day of Vengeance. He was drawing power from all the magic in Dc Earth irrc, and was a giant

Rage.Of.Olympus

It's Captain Marvel from the Days of Vengeance. He IIRC was amped by the combined mystical might of the entire planet against a rampaging Spectre. He was actually winning I think.

carver9
Gotcha. With that said, Cap win.

Nihilist
Caps wins.

lol at Hulk idiots.

Sr J-Bieb

This one is a matter of opinion if thought through carefully. Once in a while when someone tries to make an informative post, they show that they never even saw the other person in comics.

That's you. Go look for the scans at least.

Stoic

It's arguable that Bill with being amplified can hang with WB Hulk, it's actually pretty doubtful.

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Once in a while when someone tries to make an informative post, they show that they never even saw the other person in comics.

That's you. Go look for the scans at least.

I actually have the comic. Try not to assume things before asking the question.

JakeTheBank
It's arguable that Bill with being amplified can hang with WB Hulk, it's actually pretty doubtful.

I actually have the comic. Try not to assume things before asking the question.

Not really arguable considering who Captain Marvel can hang with w/o amps.

World Breaker Hulk is out of his depth here against a Captain Marvel amplified by the magic of Earth and beyond.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
I'm not saying Hulk would win, just want to make that clear before saying my piece.

Wasn't Billy winning because Spectre wasn't in his right mind, wasn't fighting smart and instead chose to fight like a brick?

carver9
Regular Billy gets one shotted.

Stoic
Not really arguable considering who Captain Marvel can hang with w/o amps.

World Breaker Hulk is out of his depth here against a Captain Marvel amplified by the magic of Earth and beyond.

Sorry I just re-read my post, I meant w/o being amped. WB Hulk was on another level than Bill is/was, under normal circumstances, even considering who he's duked it out with. In a word he would likely be stomped, and badly at that.

DOV Captain Marvel, would win, based on him absorbing the combined magic of not only the mages/mystics on Earth, but from various other places as well.

Like I said in my first post. Based on hype, DOV Cap was IMO above Sky Father, and possibly on the level of a low Abstract being or Galactus at certain levels. This thread isn't really bordering on spite, it is. I'm not really even sure why it wasn't closed.

I think DOV Marvel would be more suited to a vs thread against the likes of Korvak.

Sr J-Bieb
I actually have the comic. Try not to assume things before asking the question. You must not have read it then, because Billy and Spectre were causing damage across many other dimensions (IE, making cities fall from the sky, making all language be completely forgotten on a world, and making two headed calves be born).

They never proved they could move mountains, lol, Billy loses!

Billy beat the shit out of Spectre. Who beat up everyone (including Mxy, who has a little better feat than destroying a world). And you're going to tell me Hulk beats him because Billy never destroyed Earth, if we ignore hype (what hype though?)

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Who beat up everyone (including Mxy, who has a little better feat than destroying a world).

That was a massive case of the author not doing the research.

Or of it not being Mxyzptlk but Mxyztplk.

And they didn't fight at all. The "Mxy" said he was feeling upheavals in the fabric of the dimension or some similar nonsense.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
That was a massive case of the author not doing the research.

Or of it not being Mxyzptlk but Mxyztplk.

And they didn't fight at all. The "Mxy" said he was feeling upheavals in the fabric of the dimension or some similar nonsense. Without going back and looking at it, that would mean that Spectre indirectly beat Mxy...
Which is even better.

Or Mxy got bum raped.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Without going back and looking at it, that would mean that Spectre indirectly beat Mxy...
Which is even better.

Or Mxy got bum raped.

And it's either the author not doing the research, it being the Earth-2 Mxyztplk (who, you know, exclusively used magic) or a massive case of PIS.

I mean, when you have the Spectre getting punked nearly every other time he went up against a Zrfffian outside of Day of Vengeance, both canon and otherwise, it really stinks of plot induced stupidity.

Mxy is like DC's Galactus when it comes to jobbing lately.

Stoic
You must not have read it then, because Billy and Spectre were causing damage across many other dimensions (IE, making cities fall from the sky, making all language be completely forgotten on a world, and making two headed calves be born).

They never proved they could move mountains, lol, Billy loses!

Billy beat the shit out of Spectre. Who beat up everyone (including Mxy, who has a little better feat than destroying a world). And you're going to tell me Hulk beats him because Billy never destroyed Earth, if we ignore hype (what hype though?)

When I used the word hype, what I meant was how do you measure DOV Cap? I have always thought that he was above Sky Father, but looking at the damage the fight caused, could make such a statement arguable (as in DOV Cap being able to walk all over Odin level opponents). There is no argument here though. DOV Cap would annihilate a Trans tier with ease.

The way that WB Hulk dealt with Herald level characters is what makes me place him firmly in the Trans tier boys and girls club. DOV Cap was above this IMO. So in essence we are both in agreement.

Sr J-Bieb
When I used the word hype, what I meant was how do you measure DOV Cap? I have always thought that he was above Sky Father, but looking at the damage the fight caused, could make such a statement arguable (as in DOV Cap being able to walk all over Odin level opponents). There is no argument here though. DOV Cap would annihilate a Trans tier with ease.

The way that WB Hulk dealt with Herald level characters is what makes me place him firmly in the Trans tier boys and girls club. DOV Cap was above this IMO. So in essence we are both in agreement. You can't make that statement because collateral damage doesn't mean shit.

It'd be like saying everytime Surfer doesn't annihilate a world that he's either holding back, or he's weakened. Or, when a Cosmic World Breaker Hulk and She Hulk stomp on Foom and don't destroy Earth (actually, cause less damage than Spectre/Billy did, actually... cause less damage than a step from a holding back world breaker Hulk), that they were actually weaker.

You know how you measure Billy? Above Spectre. And wherever you want to place Spectre in that arc.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
And it's either the author not doing the research, it being the Earth-2 Mxyztplk (who, you know, exclusively used magic) or a massive case of PIS.

I mean, when you have the Spectre getting punked nearly every other time he went up against a Zrfffian outside of Day of Vengeance, both canon and otherwise, it really stinks of plot induced stupidity.

Mxy is like DC's Galactus when it comes to jobbing lately. Or a massive case of Spectre.

Or Spectre stopped being a pussy for an arc.

Spectre is like DC's rhino.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Or a massive case of Spectre.

Or Spectre stopped being a pussy for an arc.

Spectre is like DC's rhino.

So Spectre is the new Deathstroke.

SquallX

It's Day Of Vengeance Captain Marvel.

This Marvel took on an amp Spectre that was destroying all in his path. Not even Nabu was able to beat him.

it took Nabu being killed for the Presence itself to interfere. So he punish Spectre by making him the new vessel for a Gotham cop that got killed.

cdtm

Like was said, Enchantress siphoned off magic energy from everyone on Earth, including characters like Alan Scott. She also tapped into other dimensions, and the effects were devastating. Civilizations that depended on magic to fly simply fell from the sky, for example.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.