Thanos vs Superman "arm wrestling contest"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who would win in a arm wrestling contest between Thanos and Supes?

brownqk
Thanos breaks Superman's wrist over the top style....

abhilegend
Nice bait thread.

JakeTheBank
Superman.

ColossusGrundy
Superman easily.

THe thanos love on this site is unwarranted and rather silly.

Naija boy
Thanos

Wang 1.2
nutnut

Damborgson
http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/images/smilies/eusa_think.gif

KuRuPT Thanosi
Would Thanos even need to try THAT hard?

Wang 1.7
nutnut

paisapower
Supes easiest victory over Thanos

Cogito
Superman has arm wrestling feats. Thanos doesn't, that I know of at least.

zeel
thanos

Slaanesh
Thanos

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman. Thanos brutally beat down surfer in a physical confrentation, he also physically pushed himself through odins blast

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Thanos brutally beat down surfer in a physical confrentation, he also physically pushed himself through odins blast

Which means jack in an arm-wrestling contest. Superman also has similar feats, but whatever.

For the record, I do think Thanos beats Superman under average circumstances, but it's pretty wishful thinking to think he's massively more powerful physically against him, if he really is at all.

Bouboumaster
Thanos break Sups arm

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos definitely wins against a regular Superman. It's a good match though.

psycho gundam
are we talking about current superman nowadays or what?

tkitna
Thanos

carver9
This isn't reboot Superman.

Eon Blue
Superman

abhilegend
Superman.

h1a8
Originally posted by Naija boy
Thanos What's your reasoning that Thanos is even half as strong as Superman at his best? Remember Superman has feats over 50 Earth weights of force.

The Sorrow
Since when? Superman isn't lifting 50 Earth's that's ridiculous.

With regards to the thread Thanos wins.

h1a8
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Since when? Superman isn't lifting 50 Earth's that's ridiculous.

With regards to the thread Thanos wins.

Superman has multiple feats where he displayed a strength greater than that of lifting over 50 Earth weights of force. Thus he is much stronger than Thanos.

OneDumbG0
^ facepalm

At the very least, nobody else has picked up this 50 Earth weights argument.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Thanos brutally beat down surfer in a physical confrentation, he also physically pushed himself through odins blast

Superman's stronger than Surfer.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman has multiple feats where he displayed a strength greater than that of lifting over 50 Earth weights of force. Thus he is much stronger than Thanos.
I feel as though I may regret this but when has he been able to lift more than the weight of 50 Earth's? You do realise how astronomically high that number is don't you?

h1a8
I feel as though I may regret this but when has he been able to lift more than the weight of 50 Earth's? You do realise how astronomically high that number is don't you?

One instance is when He and Hal was moving the Earth against Starbreaker's pull.

In my calculations (i posted a while ago but could post again) I assumed that Starbreaker wasn't even pulling at all. So what would be the force needed to accelerate the Earth a measly 1000m/^2? Well since the weight of the Earth is Mg where g is about 10m/s^2 then if someone accelerates the Earth at 1000m/s^2 then this is 100 times more force than the weight of the Earth (F=Ma). Since it is wise to assume that Superman was supplying at least half of the pulling power then he was exerting with more than 50 Earth weights of force.

Add in the force that Starbreaker was pulling with (he had stars of power) then the feat is really far beyond 50 Earth weights.

Also we have Maggeddon (which dwarfs the entire Earth moon system).

the Darkone
One instance is when He and Hal was moving the Earth against Starbreaker's pull.

In my calculations (i posted a while ago but could post again) I assumed that Starbreaker wasn't even pulling at all. So what would be the force needed to accelerate the Earth a measly 1000m/^2? Well since the weight of the Earth is Mg where g is about 10m/s^2 then if someone accelerates the Earth at 1000m/s^2 then this is 100 times more force than the weight of the Earth (F=Ma). Since it is wise to assume that Superman was supplying at least half of the pulling power then he was exerting with more than 50 Earth weights of force.

Add in the force that Starbreaker was pulling with (he had stars of power) then the feat is really far beyond 50 Earth weights.

Dude really STFU!

Kid Kurdy
There isn't a single Thanos-strength feat that Superman, under the same circumstances, couldn't replicate.

abhilegend
^The funny thing is that superman has strength feats to beat thanos, but Thanos wins because he can't lose on forums. People have argued that he could beat PC superman IN strength or PC validus in a slugfest.

-Pr-
Like hell he would.

JakeTheBank
"People".

abhilegend
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t523603.html
Sorry, it was not a slugfest.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t465307.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t493017.html
It's not only quan, you can make threads Thanos vs anyone and he would win or it would be closed for spite.

JakeTheBank
Thanos would ragestomp Superman if he had the Thanoscopter, though.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by abhilegend
^The funny thing is that superman has strength feats to beat thanos, but Thanos wins because he can't lose on forums. People have argued that he could beat PC superman IN strength or PC validus in a slugfest.
I think it's safe to say that Thanos is, on this forum, the most overrated character ever.

It used to be Wolverine, but now it's Thanos.

Thanos is still cool though, but strength wise, I have never seen him do anything that made me think: Jeez, Hulk couldn't do that. Or Juggernaut. Or Wonderman. Or Superman. Or...

Well you get the idea.

The Sorrow

If making these calculations helps stuff makes sense in your head then fair enough but using this to state on forum that it's the gospel truth is very misleading.

You overlooked the fact that this is a comic book and characters are simply strong enough to move planets not everything is based on speed. What happened on panel was Superman tried (and failed) to move ONE planet, which immediately disproves your claim of him being able to move "50x Earth's weight".

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Superman easily.

THe thanos love on this site is unwarranted and rather silly.

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Naija boy
Thanos

thumb down

TheLordofMurder
In all seriousness, those arguing for Thanos winning have nothing concrete to base their opinions on; Thanos and Superman have no canon common foes...

Nor have they ever faced off against one another...

All we have to go by is feats and Superman has better feats of strength than Thanos does...

Superman wins 10/10...

The Sorrow
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
In all seriousness, those arguing for Thanos winning have nothing concrete to base their opinions on; Thanos and Superman have no canon common foes...

Nor have they ever faced off against one another...

All we have to go by is feats and Superman has better feats of strength than Thanos does...

Superman wins 10/10...
Dumb Drax was a peer to Superman strength-wise and Thanos was clearly stronger than he. Surfer could shrug off blows from Thor but not Thanos and he physically defeated Lord Marvell from the Cancer-verse fairly easily who was also a peer to Superman.

If you are playing the feat war then yes Superman will come out on top, Thanos has less than 200 appearances to his name whereas Superman has thousands. Based on their respective "normal" power levels, Thanos is stronger than Superman.

ozz81
Superman, but thanos may be more powerful.

TheLordofMurder
Dumb Drax was a peer to Superman strength-wise and Thanos was clearly stronger than he. Surfer could shrug off blows from Thor but not Thanos and he physically defeated Lord Marvell from the Cancer-verse fairly easily who was also a peer to Superman.

If you are playing the feat war then yes Superman will come out on top, Thanos has less than 200 appearances to his name whereas Superman has thousands. Based on their respective "normal" power levels, Thanos is stronger than Superman.

When Dumb Drax was shown to be a peer to Superman in strength, was it canon?

As you know, non-canon showings are meaningless in a forum fight...

Otherwise, you agree with me that feats are the only thing we have to compare the two, and based on that, Superman wins?

Btw, what are you basing Lord Mar-vell being a peer to Superman in strength on? Last I looked, Superman trumps him as well in the strength feat department...

Kid Kurdy

It's too bad Thanos doesn't have more appearances, but that doesn't mean you have to ignore the Superman strength feats.

Thanos has no real strength feats (except maybe the Surfer killing thing, but Hulk could do exactly the same under the same circumstances), but Superman has hundreds of strength feats.

Physical strength Superman >>>> Thanos.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
When Dumb Drax was shown to be a peer to Superman in strength, was it canon?

As you know, non-canon showings are meaningless in a forum fight...

Otherwise, you agree with me that feats are the only thing we have to compare the two, and based on that, Superman wins?

Btw, what are you basing Lord Mar-vell being a peer to Superman in strength on? Last I looked, Superman trumps him as well in the strength feat department...
Drax tore apart a star with his bare hands that's firmly high herald level strength and was consistantly portrayed as being at this level but Thanos was superior to him in every way. Superman would have his hands full in a pure slugfest against that Drax.

No you can use Thanos' performances against other heralds and how easily he usually defeats them.
Feats do not (or at least shouldn't) overrule direct fights with other characters because not every character has a catalog of feats to draw upon.

carver9
Drax tore apart a star with his bare hands that's firmly high herald level strength and was consistantly portrayed as being at this level but Thanos was superior to him in every way. Superman would have his hands full in a pure slugfest against that Drax.

No you can use Thanos' performances against other heralds and how easily he usually defeats them.
Feats do not (or at least shouldn't) overrule direct fights with other characters because not every character has a catalog of feats to draw upon.

The people that doesn't have a single lifting ft under their belts.

Doomsday
Darkseid
Grundy (can't think of one)
Amazo
Starfire
Konvikt
Titus
Abomination
Doomsday clones
Imperiex Probes

Etc, etc...

Using lifting fts as some type of argument doesn't aid anything here. Colossus lifting fts by far is better than almost everyone on that list but its pretty obvious who's stronger.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by carver9

Doomsday
Darkseid
Amazo
Starfire
Konvikt
Titus
Abomination
Doomsday clones
Imperiex Probes

Etc, etc...

Using lifting fts as some type of argument doesn't aid anything here. Colossus lifting fts by far is better than almost everyone on that list but its pretty obvious who's stronger.
Who's talking about lifting feats ?

vince_slice
Thanos

abhilegend

Doomsday
Darkseid
Amazo
Starfire
Konvikt
Titus
Abomination
Doomsday clones
Imperiex Probes

Etc, etc...

Who's talking about lifting feats here. Name any STRENGTH feat not durability like taking shots from B&T thor, thanos has which superman can't replicate?

The Sorrow

Doomsday
Darkseid
Amazo
Starfire
Konvikt
Titus
Abomination
Doomsday clones
Imperiex Probes

Etc, etc...

Exactly my point but we know for example Doomsday is roughly as strong as Superman because of their fights against one another.

There are certain posters who do overrate Thanos but if one was to read up on him they would see he is clearly beyond high herald.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Doomsday
Darkseid
Amazo
Starfire
Konvikt
Titus
Abomination
Doomsday clones
Imperiex Probes

Etc, etc...

mhmm

Yet you've said that you think Gladiator busting a planetoid makes him stronger than Thor (Putting aside the fact that Thor has better and more feats) despite for example Masterson Thor stalemating Gladiator in a contest of strength.

There's a disconnect somewhere here.

vince_slice
Who's talking about lifting feats here. Name any STRENGTH feat not durability like taking shots from B&T thor, thanos has which superman can't replicate?

How is physically stalemating B&T Thor with the POWER GEM not a strength feat? I like how you failed to mentioned how Thor had the PG too. What do you think would happen if we put Superman against B&T Thor with the PG in a slug fest? Do you think superman would do better than Thanos?

abhilegend

Superman knocked out pre zero hour Mon-el in a single shot while suffocating who physically moved a star from one solar system to another. He has again overpowered Both lobo and mon-el the same style thanos used against thing and prof. Hulk. A group of almost every alien hero on earth which included Martian manhunter, power girl, Kilowog, Ultraa has failed to restrain him. All this talk of thanos being stronger is based only on the fact that Starlin himself retconned all low showings of his pet character.

vince_slice
Superman knocked out pre zero hour Mon-el in a single shot while suffocating who physically moved a star from one solar system to another. He has again overpowered Both lobo and mon-el the same style thanos used against thing and prof. Hulk. A group of almost every alien hero on earth which included Martian manhunter, power girl, Kilowog, Ultraa has failed to restrain him. All this talk of thanos being stronger is based only on the fact that Starlin himself retconned all low showings of his pet character.

You avoided my question completely. Did you not read my post?

Answer my question: how do you think Superman would fare against B&T Thor with the PG?

abhilegend
Originally posted by vince_slice
How is physically stalemating B&T Thor with the POWER GEM not a strength feat? I like how you failed to mentioned how Thor had the PG too. What do you think would happen if we put Superman against B&T Thor with the PG in a slug fest? Do you think superman would do better than Thanos?
That's a durability showing. Thanos didn't stalemate thor, he just took a few shots and trapped him in force-block. Superman took on an amped Infinity man who stalemated Mr miracle with ALE and tore down source wall in their fight. Remind you classic infinity man was stronger than Orion. Superman has taken shots from 3 PC Kryptonians, survived crushing from a Quantum zealot who were tossing planets around IIRC, survived suneaters exploding and collapsing on him, overcame a double black hole, held a black hole in his palm etc.

vince_slice
That's a durability showing. Thanos didn't stalemate thor, he just took a few shots and trapped him in force-block. Superman took on an amped Infinity man who stalemated Mr miracle with ALE and tore down source wall in their fight. Remind you classic infinity man was stronger than Orion. Superman has taken shots from 3 PC Kryptonians, survived crushing from a Quantum zealot who were tossing planets around IIRC, survived suneaters exploding and collapsing on him, overcame a double black hole, held a black hole in his palm etc.

I guess according to you, slug fests between two characters don't indicate anything about their relative strengths roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stop avoiding my question, and spewing out Superman feats like you have diarrhea, that's not what I asked for. Answer my question.

How would Superman fare in a slug fest against B&T Thor with the PG? Are you going to answer it? Or are you going to keep avoiding it?

abhilegend
Originally posted by vince_slice
I guess according to you, slug fests between two characters don't indicate anything about their relative strengths roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stop avoiding my question, and spewing out Superman feats like you have diarrhea, that's not what I asked for. Answer my question.

How would Superman fare in a slug fest against B&T Thor with the PG? Are you going to answer it? Or are you going to keep avoiding it?
So we are taking a specific feat to determine who is stronger? Superman would lose like thanos would have if he didn't BFR thor. Speaking of single feats, how well thanos fared against a black hole?

vince_slice
So we are taking a specific feat to determine who is stronger? Superman would lose like thanos would have if he didn't BFR thor. Speaking of single feats, how well thanos fared against a black hole?

I doubt Superman would last long against regular B&T Thor physically let alone B&T Thor with the PG.

If I remember right, the singularity Thanos was in was 4 light years in diameter. I don't even want to think about how astronomically large that is.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
mhmm

Yet you've said that you think Gladiator busting a planetoid makes him stronger than Thor (Putting aside the fact that Thor has better and more feats) despite for example Masterson Thor stalemating Gladiator in a contest of strength.

There's a disconnect somewhere here.

Show me where I said that. I said Gladiator showings against other Heralds puts him above Thor. The planetary ft is all nice and dandy but Gladiator fist towards the face is far more lethal.

carver9

Superman fought similar people compared to Thanos and didn't fair to good against them (Despero and Titus just to name a few).

Rage.Of.Olympus
Show me where I said that.

Why do you do this to yourself? Both you and I know you've said about as much in the past, all it'll take is some digging. I'm pretty sure that line of thinking is what spawned the battle zone thread.

I said Gladiator showings against other Heralds puts him above Thor.

no expression

You think Gladiator has combat showings against Heralds or whatever that put him above Thor physically? I refuse to believe you're that ignorant.

Blood and Thunder alone completely destroys your chances of ever winning such a debate.

abhilegend
^Superman took a nebula sized (700 light years across) sun eater blast while extremely weakened by red sun energy of several suns it had absorbed. PC validus was almost killed by a chunk of sun eater exploding.

carver9
Why do you do this to yourself? Both you and I know you've said about as much in the past, all it'll take is some digging. I'm pretty sure that line of thinking is what spawned the battle zone thread.

no expression

You think Gladiator has combat showings against Heralds or whatever that put him above Thor physically? I refuse to believe you're that ignorant.

Blood and Thunder alone completely destroys your chances of ever winning such a debate.

I might have brought up the planetary ft but I didn't use it as a "single"instance of Gladiator being stronger. I brought up other fts.

Gladiator fight against Hyperion was better than Thors. Didn't Thor lose to Hype during their first encounter?

Gladiator showing against Wonderman is more impressive.

Gladiator showing against Nova is more impressive than what Thor did and Glads was toying around.

Thor wouldn't have handled Masterson as easy as Gladiator did. Hell, Thor has faced similar characters as Masterson and had trouble.

Binary fts pretty much puts her above Firelord and we seen how she did against Gladiator.

abhilegend
Superman fought similar people compared to Thanos and didn't fair to good against them (Despero and Titus just to name a few).
The same despero who was going h2h with him in "crisis of consience" after Kal fought entire justice league and couldn't get upper hand on him. Titus fought an extremely weaker superman who couldn't go to moon under his own power and yet only one kick from superman stunned him. Anyway I am not talking about a fight here, I am talking about strength feats.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I might have brought up the planetary ft but I didn't use it as a "single"instance of Gladiator being stronger. I brought up other fts.

Carver, you've said as much, you know this, why deny it? What does that mean?

Gladiator fight against Hyperion was better than Thors. Didn't Thor lose to Hype during their first encounter?

Gladiator showing against Wonderman is more impressive.

Gladiator showing against Nova is more impressive than what Thor did and Glads was toying around.

Thor wouldn't have handled Masterson as easy as Gladiator did. Hell, Thor has faced similar characters as Masterson and had trouble.

Binary fts pretty much puts her above Firelord and we seen how she did against Gladiator.

- Thor didn't lose to Hyperion in their first encounter, and Thor was specifically holding back as noted in their second encounter where Thor drops him.

- The Odinson has completely outclassed Wonder Man in the past as well.

- Not really.

- If Thor fought a Masterson who was in a similar state of mind as he was against Gladiator, then he'd fair at least as well. As DeFalco made clear in the very first issue of his run, his biggest weakness was mental. Lol, are you implying that Gladiator didn't have trouble against Masterson?

Gladiator cannot win against Thor in combat showings. I've seen every one of his notable battles, the evidence simply doesn't hold up, not when Thor's wrecked Elites and fought Trans to Skyfather level entities multiple times.

Don't waste your time, I'd rape you in such a debate. Still, I don't want to deprive you of your fun, if you're interested, I'll get into it, just don't chicken out half way.

dmills

Gladiator cannot win against Thor in combat showings. I've seen every one of his notable battles, the evidence simply doesn't hold up, not when Thor's wrecked Elites and fought Trans to Skyfather level entities multiple times.

That's pretty much what it boils down to.

carver9
Carver, you've said as much, you know this, why deny it? What does that mean?

- Thor didn't lose to Hyperion in their first encounter, and Thor was specifically holding back as noted in their second encounter where Thor drops him.

- The Odinson has completely outclassed Wonder Man in the past as well.

- Not really.

- If Thor fought a Masterson who was in a similar state of mind as he was against Gladiator, then he'd fair at least as well. As DeFalco made clear in the very first issue of his run, his biggest weakness was mental. Lol, are you implying that Gladiator didn't have trouble against Masterson?

Don't waste your time, I'd rape you in such a debate. Still, I don't want to deprive you of your fun, if you're interested, I'll get into it, just don't chicken out half way.

Nothing for me to deny. I know what I said.

Thor first fight against Hyperion, he didn't do so good.

Wonderman koed Thor during their first encounter.

If Thor would have fought Masterson, they probably would have stalemated. Masterson couldn't handle a lot of punches from Gladiator. The first punch fatigued him.

Rage...get on my level.

Average showings, Thor isn't beating, let alone tanking attacks from skyfathers/Celestials. He can hardly hang with Savage Hulk.

carver9
Originally posted by dmills
That's pretty much what it boils down to.

Stop hyping Rage up.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nothing for me to deny. I know what I said.

I don't think you do. Whatever, if you really want to press this, I'll dig for quotes.

Thor first fight against Hyperion, he didn't do so good.

He didn't do too bad:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsHyperion1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsHyperion2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsHyperion3.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsHyperion4.jpg

And before you say anything, the reason Mjolnir bounced off Hyperion's chest is because Thor was holding back:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThrowKnocksDownHyperion.jpg

Unlike Gladiator, he can't afford to use anything even resembling his best or anyone short of Trans gets an auto death.

Wonderman koed Thor during their first encounter.

*Sigh*

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about but there you go making a baseless claim.

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/WonderManCheapShot.jpg

"Though not even such a blow can harm the mighty immortal..."

That's definitely a knock out.

If Thor would have fought Masterson, they probably would have stalemated. Masterson couldn't handle a lot of punches from Gladiator. The first punch fatigued him.

It depends entirely on Masterson's mental state, as DeFalco emphasized, his mind was his biggest weakness. A confident/enraged Masterson can and has stalemated Thor.

Doesn't take away much from the Odinson though, in such a state, Gladiator would get his shit pushed in, whatever speed advantage he has won't be enough to overcome the massive power disparity and at the end when he fought Thor, he had come into his own (He knew how to control Mjolnir, didn't forget that he could control the weather, had experienced a fair number of battles and so on).

I don't think you know what that word means.

Rage...get on my level.

Average showings, Thor isn't beating, let alone tanking attacks from skyfathers/Celestials. He can hardly hang with Savage Hulk.

So I guess you don't want to compare their respective combat showings then?

Kind of disappointed but not in anyway surprised. Anyone with even a passing knowledge of the character's knows that it's no contest.

Also, Thor's more powerful than Gladiator on average, more so if we use their best showings. Which coincidentally you don't ever have trouble using for Gladiator but for some reason, do when it's Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Stop hyping Rage up.

Hyping me up?

He simply acknowledges the evidence. If you don't agree, then press the matter and instead of simply correcting you, I'll start comparing records.

Nihilist
So we are taking a specific feat to determine who is stronger? Superman would lose like thanos would have if he didn't BFR thor. Speaking of single feats, how well thanos fared against a black hole? You do understand Thanos was inside the black hole when it completely closed on him with him inside dont you.

You dont even know the context to it i bet.

zeel
thanos is far above superman physically unless hes bloodlusted or sundipped.

-Pr-

Titus walked all over the Justice League.

Superman has beaten Despero.

But I'm sure you knew that and were taking it in to account.

lol @ titus being like thanos though.

carver9
I don't think you do. Whatever, if you really want to press this, I'll dig for quotes.

He didn't do too bad:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsHyperion1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsHyperion2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsHyperion3.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsHyperion4.jpg

And before you say anything, the reason Mjolnir bounced off Hyperion's chest is because Thor was holding back:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThrowKnocksDownHyperion.jpg

Unlike Gladiator, he can't afford to use anything even resembling his best or anyone short of Trans gets an auto death.

*Sigh*

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about but there you go making a baseless claim.

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/WonderManCheapShot.jpg

"Though not even such a blow can harm the mighty immortal..."

That's definitely a knock out.

It depends entirely on Masterson's mental state, as DeFalco emphasized, his mind was his biggest weakness. A confident/enraged Masterson can and has stalemated Thor.

Doesn't take away much from the Odinson though, in such a state, Gladiator would get his shit pushed in, whatever speed advantage he has won't be enough to overcome the massive power disparity and at the end when he fought Thor, he had come into his own (He knew how to control Mjolnir, didn't forget that he could control the weather, had experienced a fair number of battles and so on).

I don't think you know what that word means.

So I guess you don't want to compare their respective combat showings then?

Kind of disappointed but not in anyway surprised. Anyone with even a passing knowledge of the character's knows that it's no contest.

Also, Thor's more powerful than Gladiator on average, more so if we use their best showings. Which coincidentally you don't ever have trouble using for Gladiator but for some reason, do when it's Thor.

Keep looking because I never said it.

He didn't do that bad but I can tell that Hype probably would have took him in a physical match up. No need to show the scan, I already knew Thor stated he held back. Hyperion has always been a challenge for Thor.

Wonderman worked Thor. He didn't stand a chance against Gladiator though.

Masterson didn't hold back against Glads and still got curbed. He had to sneak attack Gladiator to gain a edge. He lost his confidence because he was looking down at how Gladiator was working everyone. Yes...I do know what the word means...Gladiator punch fatigue/took the energy from Masterson Thor with a single punch and let's not forget...Masterson withstood attacks from Thor without too much trouble.

I admit...Thor is more powerful than Glads...hell, Thor is more powerful than any Herald but in a contest of physical (nothing else included)...Gladiator would kill him.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Titus walked all over the Justice League.

Superman has beaten Despero.

But I'm sure you knew that and were taking it in to account.

lol @ titus being like thanos though.

Titus did nothing that puts him above Thanos.

I know that Superman beat Despero (with a dose of heat vision) and that was a weaker Despero and even if you included that fight, minus heat vision, Despero was physically handling Superman during that encounter.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Keep looking because I never said it.

Uhuh.

He didn't do that bad but I can tell that Hype probably would have took him in a physical match up. No need to show the scan, I already knew Thor stated he held back. Hyperion has always been a challenge for Thor.

Not really, Thor hit him with the equivalent of love taps.

As opposed to Gladiator?

Wonderman worked Thor. He didn't stand a chance against Gladiator though.

Wonder Man sucker punched Thor and all it did was take him off balance. Stop trolling.

Masterson didn't hold back against Glads and still got curbed. He had to sneak attack Gladiator to gain a edge. He lost his confidence because he was looking down at how Gladiator was working everyone. Yes...I do know what the word means...Gladiator punch fatigue/took the energy from Masterson Thor with a single punch and let's not forget...Masterson withstood attacks from Thor without too much trouble.

He most definitely did. Not his fault Gladiator is moronic. I know, further emphasizing the point of how inexperienced Masterson is and how confidence is his biggest problem.

Fatigue in this context would imply that Masterson was weary or exhausted, he wasn't. At best he was just stunned for the moment.

I admit...Thor is more powerful than Glads...hell, Thor is more powerful than any Herald but in a contest of physical (nothing else included)...Gladiator would kill him.

Give Gladiator his full power set, and make Thor a flightless brick, Kallark would win. That's about as far as it goes for him.

Anything more, and I disagree. We should do what Bada said, save us some time from all these pointless debates.

-Pr-
Titus did nothing that puts him above Thanos.

I know that Superman beat Despero (with a dose of heat vision) and that was a weaker Despero and even if you included that fight, minus heat vision, Despero was physically handling Superman during that encounter.

Titus also fought a pre-DOS Superman. Not a current, pre-reboot one.

Not really, and even if you wanted to argue it, Superman had just taken on a bunch of heralds.

And you'd have to prove Despero was weaker.

paisapower
Originally posted by Nihilist
You do understand Thanos was inside the black hole when it completely closed on him with him inside dont you.

You dont even know the context to it i bet.

Do they ever show him in the Black Hole ? Didnt the Black Hole appear for only a few minutes? Isnt it possible he resisted being pulled in?

carver9
Titus also fought a pre-DOS Superman. Not a current, pre-reboot one.

Not really, and even if you wanted to argue it, Superman had just taken on a bunch of heralds.

And you'd have to prove Despero was weaker.

Titus and Supes fought twice and it didn't end so well with big blue.

Despero had him in a lock that appeared to be unbreakable to Supes which else to Supes heat visioning him.

I can't prove it but we all know Despero powers fluctuates.

-Pr-
Titus and Supes fought twice and it didn't end so well with big blue.

Despero had him in a lock that appeared to be unbreakable to Supes which else to Supes heat visioning him.

I can't prove it but we all know Despero powers fluctuates.

Yet the one you keep bringing up is the one with the pre-upgraded Superman. and lol @ titus doing nothing impressive; the hate is strong with you.

"appeared to be". To you maybe.

Yes, and sometimes they get really high. You can't just assume they're low because you want them to be.

carver9
Yet the one you keep bringing up is the one with the pre-upgraded Superman. and lol @ titus doing nothing impressive; the hate is strong with you.

"appeared to be". To you maybe.

Yes, and sometimes they get really high. You can't just assume they're low because you want them to be.

laughing out loud ...I don't hate the character. I'm trying so hard not to bring up these showings so you won't think I hate him (but your topics are making me do it).

Huh? Did you say Titus didn't do anything special?

Despero powers works like Grundys. Sometimes he is a beast and majority of the time he is on Martian Manhunter level.

-Pr-
laughing out loud ...I don't hate the character. I'm trying so hard not to bring up these showings so you won't think I hate him (but your topics are making me do it).

Huh? Did you say Titus didn't do anything special?

Despero powers works like Grundys. Sometimes he is a beast and majority of the time he is on Martian Manhunter level.

Dude, we already all know you hate him. It's not some big mystery. These "showings" you keep bringing up, are nothing of the sort.

No, you did. And in the second fight, Superman didn't do too badly, though that's probably why you keep avoiding it.

No, he's not, actually. Please, don't try to lecture me about a character you obviously know little about.

h1a8
Originally posted by zeel
thanos is far above superman physically unless hes bloodlusted.

I bet you can't prove it.

Nihilist
Originally posted by paisapower
Do they ever show him in the Black Hole ? Didnt the Black Hole appear for only a few minutes? Isnt it possible he resisted being pulled in? It showed the black hole open up, pull everything in within a 2 lightyears radius.

It even said Thanos was helpless as his ship disgenerated around him destroying everything, it then showed the black hole close after 30seconds due to it being artificialy created showing it wasnt a regular black hole.

A Skrull ship then passes 2 hours later, Thanos then teleports from inside the black hole onto the ship.

zeel
I bet you can't prove it.

well i can.

according to my calculation i multiplied 3x5-98) and divided it by 678 and i did a little of this a^-3.314 and i added (2-34^/3) i then took this and subtracted it from (2^-4.314) and took into consideration the acceleration curve and took into account the supes its cut better then thanos so he will offer less WIND RESISTANCE then thanos when his punches make contact+(98.89x) came out with supes gets his ass kicked.

abhilegend
well i can.

according to my calculation i multiplied 3x5-98) and divided it by 678 and i did a little of this a^-3.314 and i added (2-34^/3) i then took this and subtracted it from (2^-4.314) and took into consideration the acceleration curve and took into account the supes its cut better then thanos so he will offer less WIND RESISTANCE then thanos when his punches make contact+(98.89x) came out with supes gets his ass kicked.
hysterical crylaugh laughing out loud rofl

carver9
well i can.

laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

h1a8
well i can.

Very funny, but you must have some serious proof of why Thanos is physically superior (stronger) than Superman. Otherwise, it is bias.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
I think it's safe to say that Thanos is, on this forum, the most overrated character ever.

It used to be Wolverine, but now it's Thanos.

Thanos is still cool though, but strength wise, I have never seen him do anything that made me think: Jeez, Hulk couldn't do that. Or Juggernaut. Or Wonderman. Or Superman. Or...

Well you get the idea.

Let me see if you understand a basic concept that exists in comic books... Bad guys don't and won't have lifting feats at all or not nearly as many as heroes... You do understand this concept don't you. So to act like Thanos not having the save the world feats by lifting this or that.. is well.. retarded logic?

KuRuPT Thanosi

THen what the F are you talking about if you're not talking about lifting feats... Please show me superamn proving superior to thanos in strength without using the lifting or save the world pulling feats...

abhilegend
^Give me any thanos feat to prove otherwise I would just throw feats in air.

KuRuPT Thanosi
STill waiting... I asked the question first... What feats put superman above Thanos physically if you're NOT talking about lifting and pulling feats like you claim. Don't ask me another question when I asked you one.

abhilegend
^Superman taking on an entire group of alien heroes including J'onn, power girl, Kilowog with two gl rings, Ultraa and many more and they couldn't even restrain him. He oneshotted pre zero hour mon-el who actually moved a star from one solar system to another while suffocating. He almost killed lobo with a single punch, took on 3 PC kryptonian at once, matched PC superboy who could actually time travel, temporarily restrained SBP in LO3W, he matched earth-2 superman blow for blow who dropped earth-1 superman with a punch to head and smashed two moons together to make a new sun. He overpowered 5 kryptonians restraining him with leavarage. He has overpowered both Mon-el and lobo just like thanos overpowered Prof. Hulk and thing. Now you show me thanos' strength feats.

JakeTheBank
When did mainstream Superman match Pre-Crisis Kryptonians? Not even Prime has Pre-Crisis power levels since his return in Infinite Crisis in spite of him being from the Pre-Crisis era, which makes it kind of misleading for others (not necessarily you, btw) to claim that Prime is a Pre-Crisis power house and Superman briefly stood up to him. Further more, Pre-Crisis, in terms of how the forum generally views the power levels from that era, vary wildly from writer to writer with exceptional highs, embarrassing lows, and showings that are more or less in line with mainstream/Pre-Flashpoint feats.

For the record, I do think Superman is ultimately stronger than Thanos physically, though. A contest of arm-wrestling should go to Superman eventually.

abhilegend
^After COIE continiuty of legion and teen titan were the same because they were hot then. LOSH was rebooted in zero hour. So mon-el and thus daxamites were still at their planet moving power levels. Time trapper created a pocket universe, it's superboy had all the powers of PC superboy and even time traveled back forth to 31st century. Time trapper ordered superboy to kill superman and legion otherwise he would erase his universe. Superman withstood his most powerful punches and even broke his embrace once. The three kryptonians were Quex-ul, Zod and Zaora all a match for superboy, whom superman clashed alone. He lost but zod considered him their equal. Superman knocked out mon-el while he was at his PC power level.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So you're using superman ultimately getting trashed and losing pretty much all of the fight to SB as a show of strength? Inteesting proof. Not ONE.. Not one of the people you mentioned is on par with Thanos in power.. let alone strength sans Prime. Funny how you fail to mention Zod one shotting superman and breaking his jaw in the process. He never knocked out Mon-El at his PC power levels.. Show me the scans of this happening and him being at his PC levels. You also know how many LOW SHOWINGS PC SUPERMAN HAS RIGHT? SO putting that up doesn't impress me one bit. You mention superman taking on a team of people below Thanos and expect me to be impressed.. people he couldn't even beat by the way.. Them holding back and not being able to restrain him well.. is proof of his Strength? You jest.

People send teams to deal with Thanos.. and he backhands them like weak feebs. Dumb Drax and Hulk at the same time got dealt with easily. Both of which are above ANYBODY you listed in pure strength sans Prime.. who by the way.. punked Superman. Thanos has taken on Thor, Hulk, Herc and Mar-vell at the same time and they couldn't beat him nor restrain him. He beat Surfer to death in like 6 punches something Superman has never come close to doing. He wrestled drax and just their pressure of arms locking made the planet explode they were putting so much pressure on the planet. He locked up arms with again, somebody stronger than ANYBODY you named and stalemated him for a period of time in a test of strength (Tyrant) He punched Marvel from Saturn to the earth in one shot... Shit.. superman has KO'd himself just by trying to punch a meteor lol. Thanos has beat his own doppleganger who was more powerful than him...

abhilegend
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
So you're using superman ultimately getting trashed and losing pretty much all of the fight to SB as a show of strength?
Where did he lose? Have you even read it? This is a strength test, not power test. You think thanos' strength is more than his power? Durability showing, has nothing to do with strength. Yes he did. Eclipso special 1993 which was before zero hour reboot. Before zero hour mon was at PC power levels. Feel free to correct me.
Go to valor respect thread on this site. So you're lowballing now. Who is talking about beating, we are talking about strength.

Actually they were mind controlled and not holding back.
PC mon-el is stronger than both. Where did prime punked Kal, he was getting restrained by superman in LO3W. BTW superman has faced actual PC superboy in combat who can actually time travel. It was Masterson, thing, Prof. Hulk and herc IIRC and he faced only hulk thing simultaneously. Rest came alone and got beaten. Classic surfer was very inconsistent, he took hulk's punches casually and got koed by thing. BTW superman nearly killed lobo in a single punch. Shared feat. A nearly dead superman falling from upper atmosphere nearly broke entire planet. Superman broke free of grip of a quantum zealot which were tossing planets around. Superman sent wonder woman from sun to earth in less than 2 minute. Durability showing written by a writer who thinks moon weights 80 billion ton and T'challa can armbar surfer.
PC Mon-el comes to mind.

Nihilist
laughing out loud at trying to say classic Surfer was inconsistent due to Thanos casually beating him to death, and you have the nerve to talk about low ballin.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The questino is where did he win.. he did nothing to Prime and was viewed as nothing more than a joke. This is proof of Superman's strength... Okay...

What it does have to do with is you acting like Superman wrecked Zod as an example of Superman's strength against a fellow member of the race. Yet, failed to mention Zod getting the better of an earlier fight by breaking his jaw. To say nothing of why should I be impressed about somebody beating people with similar powers?

Please show me the feats of Mon El that place him in the PC scope of things..

I didn't mention any of them.. but what I wanted to illustrate and did.. was the PC era was full of ups and downs. You want to focus on superman beating such and such from the PC era.. yet I'm not as impressed as you seem to be because I know of all the low feats and inconsistent showings.. Now do you see where i'm going?

So again I'm suppose to be impressed because they couldn't hold him back? Sorry I'm not. If there was a test of strength there and he overcame them.. sure... using a basic common theme of ooo they are trying to restrain him and can't.. sorry not impressive.

Tell me again how he did against Prime? you think doing okay is somethign to brag about? Okay.. Thanos better against Tyrant who is even more powerful than Prime... Impressive eh?

The fact is.. they all came and were beaten... It doesn't matter how they attacked the plain illustration of the fight is clear.. They needed all of them to attack Thanos.. and they all failed.

Surfer was inconsistent... funny you metion this... PC era anybody? To say nothing about him being inconsistent... one thing that is pretty consistent with him is his durablity... Thanos taxed that ass with ease.

So you're trying to compare superman nearly doing something while falling from the sky which incorporates different variables then simply wrestling and the pressure of them just locking of and struggling destroys a planet? You think they are close in comparison.. Sorry they are not. Then again.. since Superman has never one shot a planet like other heralds... I guess you need to find somebody to try and put them in their league.. cause afterall.. .getting KO'd by a asteroid certainly doesn't help build your case eh?

Breaking free from a grip of somebody is impressive.. any number of other variables besides strength can be used to gain space and free yourself.. try again.

You do realize that sun to earth is shorter than Saturn to the earth right? Mind you.. it didn't even take 2 minutes... looked more like 20 secs

h1a8
Originally posted by Nihilist
laughing out loud at trying to say classic Surfer was inconsistent due to Thanos casually beating him to death, and you have the nerve to talk about low ballin.

I didn't see anything casual to it. Thanos even amped his punches to do it. Also Surfer jobbed like hell in that fight. If Superman was an evil ***** with no remorse and no mental blocks then he too would have done the same thing to Surfer after the first hit (provided Surfer jobbed to him too).

But Thanos has nothing to show that he is stronger than Superman at his best. Nothing! I believe Darkseid is even stronger than Thanos.

Nihilist
I didn't see anything casual to it. Thanos even amped his punches to do it. Also Surfer jobbed like hell in that fight. If Superman was an evil ***** with no remorse and no mental blocks then he too would have done the same thing to Surfer after the first hit (provided Surfer jobbed to him too).You woudnt as youre a bias moron, Thanos didnt have to exert himself when beating Surfer..you dont even know anything about Thanos, amping his punches is a visual effect only, hell he didnt "amp"his punches against a far more dangerous foe in PG Thor

lulz Youre so full of shit, Superman killing Surfer in 1 punch.

abhilegend
The questino is where did he win.. he did nothing to Prime and was viewed as nothing more than a joke. This is proof of Superman's strength... Okay...

When did prime treated superman as joke? He was even bragging to mordru about how he pierced superman's hand.

Oh that sucker shot at flying at god knows what speed,guess Drax killed thanos fair and square. It was his first showing too, so he was treated as so high and mighty. Superman later destroyed him even under a red sun by just a single dose of yellow sunlight by Coldcast.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_16523838an2.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_62341418xe4.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_54683417qe6.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_33495999ks9.jpg

That can be said about any era, Thor can take destroyer's attack without any harm and could get ktfo by u-foes who were later pwned by Captain america and Nick fury.

This isn't impressive to you
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/pic014.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/pic016.jpg

Keep in mind he was fighting non-stop for many days which includes Titano (kryptnite eye-beams), A kryptonian cave man, Hal jordan going to kill, Kilowog with two rings, Blackrock batman and was poisoned by kryptonite.

I can give you a better feat, full speed tackle from behind by true PC superboy
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/26510766fx3.jpg
He was was still not out.

So, we are not using ninja effect here. Show me thanos overpowering two herald level beings like these
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/LobovsSupermanAOSAnn2-6.jpg

So taking a full punch from Hulk without any worry whatsoever and getting ktfo by thing aresame durability to you. Lobo has some of the most ridiculous durability feats out there and superman nearly killed him with a single punch.

He was nearly dead and stripped of power by Khyber's nanites and was just free-falling. He doesn't need to destroy any piece of dead rock to best any herald. He is unmatched in his strength feats by any herald out there.

Getting crushed by a being who can toss planets like marbles and breaking his grip is not impressive to you. He was a giant compared to superman, he broke his grip completely surrounded by his fist.

You do know that he sent her away from sun's gravity well, right. Where was it stated that he sent mar-vell in 20 seconds. Thor has thrown someone out from solar system so we can assume he sent him in maybe 30 seconds, no.

-Pr-
So you're using superman ultimately getting trashed and losing pretty much all of the fight to SB as a show of strength? Inteesting proof. Not ONE.. Not one of the people you mentioned is on par with Thanos in power.. let alone strength sans Prime. Funny how you fail to mention Zod one shotting superman and breaking his jaw in the process. He never knocked out Mon-El at his PC power levels.. Show me the scans of this happening and him being at his PC levels. You also know how many LOW SHOWINGS PC SUPERMAN HAS RIGHT? SO putting that up doesn't impress me one bit. You mention superman taking on a team of people below Thanos and expect me to be impressed.. people he couldn't even beat by the way.. Them holding back and not being able to restrain him well.. is proof of his Strength? You jest.

People send teams to deal with Thanos.. and he backhands them like weak feebs. Dumb Drax and Hulk at the same time got dealt with easily. Both of which are above ANYBODY you listed in pure strength sans Prime.. who by the way.. punked Superman. Thanos has taken on Thor, Hulk, Herc and Mar-vell at the same time and they couldn't beat him nor restrain him. He beat Surfer to death in like 6 punches something Superman has never come close to doing. He wrestled drax and just their pressure of arms locking made the planet explode they were putting so much pressure on the planet. He locked up arms with again, somebody stronger than ANYBODY you named and stalemated him for a period of time in a test of strength (Tyrant) He punched Marvel from Saturn to the earth in one shot... Shit.. superman has KO'd himself just by trying to punch a meteor lol. Thanos has beat his own doppleganger who was more powerful than him...

Different Zod.

horrorwolf
Thanos wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.