Superman vs Thor in Wrestling Contest (Winner by submission)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who wins?

Damborgson
Thor

abhilegend
Split or slight edge to thor.

JakeTheBank
Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor makes him tap.

The only top tier I can see beating Thor in such a contest is immortal Hercules and even that's extremely debatable as he has failed to subdue the Odinson every time barring Blood Oath.

CosmicComet
Superman can use his speed to amp his double leg takedown.

No one said speed was equalized.

Also, its December. So its more in the Christmas spirit for Superman to win his threads for this month, when there is a clear clash in christmasy spirit.

Superman = Christmas. IMO.

h1a8
Superman is much stronger than Thor, this is bordering on spite.

JakeTheBank
No, he's not, and no, this isn't spite.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
No, he's not, and no, this isn't spite.

Yes he is (by feats) and I didn't say it was spite.

abhilegend
Huh, since when Kal is MUCH stronger than thor? At best it's 10% difference between them.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8

No, he isn't (by feats) and I know you didn't say it "was" spite. It's not spite and it's not even close to bordering on spite, either.

The strength advantage Kal likely has is, at best, noticeable but by no means insurmountable and at worse, negligible and not worth seriously arguing.

Wang 1.9

zeel

shudduup

thor wins P

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
No, he isn't (by feats) and I know you didn't say it "was" spite. It's not spite and it's not even close to bordering on spite, either.

The strength advantage Kal likely has is, at best, noticeable but by no means insurmountable and at worse, negligible and not worth seriously arguing. If Superman's best feats are several orders of magnitude greater than Thor's best feats then how in the hell is Superman not a lot stronger?

Is it because it would damage Thor's image?

Originally posted by abhilegend
Huh, since when Kal is MUCH stronger than thor? At best it's 10% difference between them. How can Kal be 10% stronger when his best feats show orders of magnitude more strength?

Colossus-Big C
If Superman's best feats are several orders of magnitude greater than Thor's best feats then how in the hell is Superman not a lot stronger?

Is it because it would damage Thor's image?

How can Kal be 10% stronger when his best feats show orders of magnitude more strength? Because we go by average, and thor and bill colliding there hammer shook the multiverse or something like that so no superman isnt stronger

Colossus-Big C
Also what feat puts him magnitudes above thor anyway? I just posted one that would put him magnitudes above supe

The Sorrow
Thor.

He should have the advantage here

h1a8
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Because we go by average, and thor and bill colliding there hammer shook the multiverse or something like that so no superman isnt stronger Uhm no. Average isn't one fighting at his best as shown before. Learn the rules.

The hammer incident had nothing to do with strength but the magic inside the hammers. If Thor and Masterson struck with adamantium hammers then nothing would have happened.

h1a8
Also what feat puts him magnitudes above thor anyway? I just posted one that would put him magnitudes above supe

Maggeddon, Starbreaker, moving the Earth with WW and MM.
We only use quantifiable feats (where a lower bound of a feat is known).
The feat you named isn't a strength feat and if it was then it is unquantifiable.

carver9
The feat you named isn't a strength feat and if it was then it is unquantifiable.

You don't know what you are talking about.

-Pr-
The irony in this thread is astounding.

Also, neither Thor nor Superman has any feat that puts them magnitudes above the other. If there was, we'd have seen it already.

Silent Master

You're not talking about when Superman, WW and MM were failing to hold the Earth in orbit and had to be saved by Kyle are you?

Colossus-Big C
The feat you named isn't a strength feat and if it was then it is unquantifiable. Thor and hercules nearly knocked the earth out of orbit in a arm wrestle... Thats just one arm of strength>>supermans feat

-Pr-
Not particularly.

h1a8
Thor and hercules nearly knocked the earth out of orbit in a arm wrestle... Thats just one arm of strength>>supermans feat

Let me give you a lesson here.

Someone can move the Earth with only 10lbs of strength provided they can fly and push long (time) enough. The key here is acceleration.
If someone accelerates the Earth at 1 cm/s^2 and another at 100000m/s^2 then the latter applied 10000000 times more strength.

Assuming we accept that the Thor/Hercules feat as canon (it came after the story) then since it took them all day just to shift the Earth out of orbit then it still took astronomically less force than say moving the Earth immediately with a large acceleration.

F=ma just so you know. The more the acceleration then the more the force that is needed.

"Id"
Originally posted by -Pr-
The irony in this thread is astounding.

Also, neither Thor nor Superman has any feat that puts them magnitudes above the other. If there was, we'd have seen it already.

I agree more or less.

The only top tier brick, that stands above them is clearly Lobo. Yeah I said it, Lobo has superior strength feats to either Supes, or Thor.

abhilegend
facepalm

the Darkone

Someone can move the Earth with only 10lbs of strength provided they can fly and push long (time) enough. The key here is acceleration.
If someone accelerates the Earth at 1 cm/s^2 and another at 100000m/s^2 then the latter applied 10000000 times more strength.

Assuming we accept that the Thor/Hercules feat as canon (it came after the story) then since it took them all day just to shift the Earth out of orbit then it still took astronomically less force than say moving the Earth immediately with a large acceleration.

F=ma just so you know. The more the acceleration then the more the force that is needed.

You cant give no lessons, because you don't know what the hell you are talking about. You talk out of your a$$, no one supports your off the wall logic that doesn't make any sense only to you which not saying much. You lack comic knowledge which is very obvious, you make claims that are not accurate at all,

"Id"
^#facepalm#

I am dead phucking serious.

How much strength does it take to generate enough force, and crush an entire City? As the comic puts it. Trillion tons of matter compressed, into a bite size snack?

Whats this cagada of moving planets? Lobo slams characters carrying the weight of a stellar mass BIIAAATTCCHHH.

abhilegend
And superman lifts infinite weight, twice. Beat that.superdur

"Id"

And Lobo is suppose to be the looney-toon character. mhmm

Brockalizer
If it were a straight up fight I'd give the advantage to Superman because of strength. But this is a wrestling match. Wrestling is more about skill and technique than overall strength. Marius Pudzianowski(5 time Worlds Strongest Man) can pull a firetruck using only leverage and brute strength, that doesn't mean Randy Couture or Frank Mir couldn't make him tap. Thor wins easily.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by "Id"
I agree more or less.

The only top tier brick, that stands above them is clearly Lobo. Yeah I said it, Lobo has superior strength feats to either Supes, or Thor.

Lobo isn't stronger than Thor/Superman, much less clearly.

He had some feats that characters would be hard pressed to match or surpass due to the nature of the comic (There are some, Hercules/Heavens, Thor/World Engine, Superman/Infinite Book, Drax/Star etc.) but he isn't above other elite strong men.

I can't think of anything that equals a planet destroying fart though, too cartoony.

akhenaten
Thor easily, Superman cant wrestle while thor does it with the king of wrestling himself Hercules

Wang 2.1
You wish they were lubed up and naked as they wrestled don't you?

CosmicComet

Beating up the lifter of infinite weight. superdur

CosmicComet
Originally posted by akhenaten
Thor easily, Superman cant wrestle while thor does it with the king of wrestling himself Hercules

Superman can wrestle, and his speed will help him tons in the wrestling department.

FTL double leg ftw.

h1a8
Originally posted by Brockalizer
If it were a straight up fight I'd give the advantage to Superman because of strength. But this is a wrestling match. Wrestling is more about skill and technique than overall strength. Marius Pudzianowski(5 time Worlds Strongest Man) can pull a firetruck using only leverage and brute strength, that doesn't mean Randy Couture or Frank Mir couldn't make him tap. Thor wins easily. Speed also plays a part. Not only would Thor be hard pressed to budge Superman's body but Superman will still be faster and maneuver much quicker.

Brockalizer
Speed also plays a part. Not only would Thor be hard pressed to budge Superman's body but Superman will still be faster and maneuver much quicker. Opponents far weaker than Superman have "budged" him. As far as speed goes, sure I'm more than willing to concede that Superman has a faster travel speed, I have yet to see irrefutable proof that Superman's combat speed is superior. Superman isn't a wrestler, he's a brawler with heat vision, cold breath, that can take insane amounts of damage. Neither of those attributes will help against a foe that has wrestled for sport for hundreds of years.

DarkSaint85

lol not if Newton and the laws of gravitational pull have anything to say about it....

Colossus-Big C
Lol i just realized he said someone can push the earth with 10 Pounds of strength, LOL Wut?

akhenaten
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Superman can wrestle, and his speed will help him tons in the wrestling department.

FTL double leg ftw.

show me him wrestling , speed is more of a factor in something like boxing, in wrestling speed plays the lessest factor since once he gets into contact with thorand they both get a hold of each other speed is canceled and its all about raw power and technique

h1a8
Lol i just realized he said someone can push the earth with 10 Pounds of strength, LOL Wut?

provided they can fly and spend the time (a very long time) accelerating the Earth.

Assuming the Earth is at rest (vo=0)
F=Ma
or F=M*vf/t (from rest)
So t=M*vf/F
Thus in order to move the Earth at a speed of 1m/s with only 10 pounds of force (or 44.48Newtons) it would take 1.34x10^23 seconds. This is over 4 quadrillion years.

Originally posted by akhenaten
show me him wrestling , speed is more of a factor in something like boxing, in wrestling speed plays the lessest factor since once he gets into contact with thorand they both get a hold of each other speed is canceled and its all about raw power and technique

I wrestled in high school for 1 semester and hand speed plays a huge part, especially in wrist control. Body speeds plays a good role too. Since Superman is stronger and faster he would be controlling Thor and it wouldn't matter at all if Thor was more skilled at wrestling or not. Clark knows the basics of wrestling which is all he needs.

Raptor22

Someone can move the Earth with only 10lbs of strength provided they can fly and push long (time) enough. this is probaly the dumbest sentence i have ever heard in my life, not just on kmc. Are u really saying that a bald eagle or a dude in a helicopter can move the earth.

h1a8
Originally posted by Raptor22
this is probaly the dumbest sentence i have ever heard in my life, not just on kmc. Are u really saying that a bald eagle or a dude in a helicopter can move the earth.

If I said it and it's about numbers then it is definitely true.

You missed my post right above. Here I will state it again:

"provided they can fly and spend the time (a very long time) accelerating the Earth.

Assuming the Earth is at rest (vo=0)
F=Ma
or F=M*vf/t (from rest)
So t=M*vf/F
Thus in order to move the Earth at a speed of 1m/s with only 10 pounds of force (or 44.48Newtons) it would take 1.34x10^23 seconds. This is over 4 quadrillion years."

Raptor22
Assuming the earth is at rest is a pretty big assumption wouldnt u say?

RE: Blaxican
wtf. edit.

Raptor22
If were just ignoring some of the fundamental forces of the universe i could claim to be able to do some crazy shit too.

h1a8
Originally posted by Raptor22
Assuming the earth is at rest is a pretty big assumption wouldnt u say?

Makes the calculation easier. If the Earth is already moving then it would simply take longer (replace vf with vf+vo where vo is the velocity the Earth is moving at). Now 4 quadrillion years is older than the universe combined with how long the universe has left to exist. That means it could never happen practically, but only theoretically.

Sr J-Bieb
I'm pushing the Earth right now. Look at me push it around in a circle around the sun.

h1a8
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
I'm pushing the Earth right now. Look at me push it around in a circle around the sun.

lol laughing out loud

U a fool.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
I'm pushing the Earth right now. Look at me push it around in a circle around the sun. lol im assuming u can lift at least 10 lbs so why not.

D-Block
Thor wins.

Damborgson
And superman lifts infinite weight, twice. Beat that.superdur Superman only lifted half of infinity.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i14/marchtrpt4bhs/GIFs/tumblr_ljlbukd1NS1qashe0.gif

Diesldude
Superman Wins. Technique & skill isn't going to help, supes just is in a bigger weight class.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Diesldude
echnique & skill isn't going to help, supes just is in a bigger weight class. Ever hear of Batman??

Diesldude
Originally posted by Damborgson
Ever hear of Batman??

Well that's Batman is already physically peak human level and when you consider his skill, of course he is going to beat up any human in a wrestling match. But if he were to step out side of his class like bane, batman isn't going to out wrestle him.

DarkSaint85
Makes the calculation easier. If the Earth is already moving then it would simply take longer (replace vf with vf+vo where vo is the velocity the Earth is moving at). Now 4 quadrillion years is older than the universe combined with how long the universe has left to exist. That means it could never happen practically, but only theoretically.

lol therein lies your problem, vf. Your thought experiment did not include the fact our Earth orbits the sun, making it a particularly useless calculation.

DarkOdin
Makes the calculation easier. If the Earth is already moving then it would simply take longer (replace vf with vf+vo where vo is the velocity the Earth is moving at). Now 4 quadrillion years is older than the universe combined with how long the universe has left to exist. That means it could never happen practically, but only theoretically. Incorrect on all levels as usual. The Earth is being moved everyday buy way more then 10 pounds of force You know the glowly yellow thing called the sun which it's gravity keeps the planets moving in orbit. But heck i guess 10 pounds of force is more then the sun pull.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
lol therein lies your problem, vf. Your thought experiment did not include the fact our Earth orbits the sun, making it a particularly useless calculation. I think what you fail to realize is that fact he is using the Chuck Norris theory. Which states "Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, He pushs down on the world"

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DarkOdin
I think what you fail to realize is that fact he is using the Chuck Norris theory. Which states "Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, He pushs down on the world"

Then he fails by ABC logic. Superman only wishes he could replicate Chucks feats.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Diesldude
Well that's Batman is already physically peak human level and when you consider his skill, of course he is going to beat up any human in a wrestling match. But if he were to step out side of his class like bane, batman isn't going to out wrestle him.
Batman with Thor level strength could easily beat Superman in a wrestling match because of his superior technique. Why shouldn't we also assume that Thor, who has 100 times the lifetime grappling experience of Batman and Superman combined, also be able to achieve the same result?

ozz81
thor

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by -Pr-

But h1a8 has sight beyond sight stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.