The Dark Knight Rises

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JokerXD1002
So the plot line so far is about Bane being an assassin (more like a terrorist, nasty and brutal) trained by the League of Shadows and raised by Ra's Al Ghul. Knowing that Ra's was Batmans previous successor, he plans to be more than Batman, as Ra's tried to do with Bruce. So now it's time for the Dark Knight to rise again and show Bane who is the better man. Only question is what is Selina Kyle's role? We know so far that she is related to the gangster Carmine Falcone and looks like she's stealing Batman's toys...

Kazenji
Amazing.....first time hearing about this info for the new movie.

Esau Cairn
The fact also is that it's set 8 years after TDK.

Bruce is obviously older but battered & weary as well.

Then Bane comes along...

Blacktoothgrin
IDK I have my doubts.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
The fact also is that it's set 8 years after TDK.

Bruce is obviously older but battered & weary as well.

Then Bane comes along...

Have you seen the trailer, from the looks of things from a clip in that he was struggling with Bane...or he had some other problem...I dunno if that fight had just started or begun.

Anyways as far at TDKR goes I can't wait for it, should be killer.

Blacktoothgrin
I just dont like the idea of Bane being in it. Gives me nightmares of Batman and Robin

Kazenji
Its a shame most people only know of Bane throught Batman & Robin...

steverules_2
Don't forget the rubber nipples ugh3

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by steverules_2
Have you seen the trailer, from the looks of things from a clip in that he was struggling with Bane...or he had some other problem...I dunno if that fight had just started or begun.

Anyways as far at TDKR goes I can't wait for it, should be killer.

It was from an interview on Tom Hardy.

Try Bleedingcool.com for the link...if it isn't already mentioned in KMC's Batman section.

Esau Cairn
Don't forget the rubber nipples ugh3

No wonder your avatar's soooo bouncy! eek! confused eek!

Blacktoothgrin
Originally posted by Kazenji
Its a shame most people only know of Bane throught Batman & Robin...

I actually have known bane "through" the comic. I just think Schumacher has ruined that character, imo with his last movie. I really hope Nolan can pull it off ..

steverules_2
Think Nolan's made an improvement but then thats not difficult with what we got from Batman forever and Batman and Robin...even Clooney said B&R was bad

Kazenji
Clooney could've made a good Batman if the right people were involved.

Patient_Leech
Am I the only one who's really not that big a fan of The Dark Knight? I mean, I actually liked Begins a lot better. His performance as the Joker was good, but the rest of it just wasnt as interesting to me. I'm just not that thrilled with it. It was something to do with Bruce's origin that made it more compelling, and now it's just not as interesting to me.. :/

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Blacktoothgrin
I just dont like the idea of Bane being in it. Gives me nightmares of Batman and Robin

Me neither.He is the lamest villian of them all.they could easily have come up with a much better one like Mr Freeze or The Riddler.Even in the well dont 90's toon,Bane was stupid.

Mr Parker
IDK I have my doubts.

I have my doubts as well.I have a very bad feeling about this one.when the trailers came out for batman begins and the dark knight,the movie looked great and lived up to the excitment of the trailers,if this holds true again,I dont expcet this one to be any good because this time from the trailer,the movie looks really bad.

Mr Parker
Think Nolan's made an improvement but then thats not difficult with what we got from Batman forever and Batman and Robin...even Clooney said B&R was bad

wel its also not difficult to do with Burtons Batman movies either.Nolans are the only ones that should not be burned.

Kazenji
*Facepalm*

don't you know how to do one whole post?

Patient_Leech
*Facepalm*

don't you know how to do one whole post?

laughing

Spaces after periods and commas might be nice, too. Terrible punctuation greatly deters me from reading someone's posts.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Mr Parker
wel its also not difficult to do with Burtons Batman movies either.Nolans are the only ones that should not be burned.

Actually I liked Burtons movies. Whats your problem with them? We got to see Gotham as a dark, gritty and crime infested city which is what it was. And batman himself was also a dark character and totally badass, you didn't wanna f*ck with him. Then we got Joel who gave us a ice skating ninja's and a singing Mr. Freeze who made far too many in pun filled jokes. And why the hell was Riddler wearing skin tight outfits?!? Bane dressed up as a pink gorilla!?!

Patient_Leech
...Then we got Joel who gave us a ice skating ninja's and a singing Mr. Freeze who made far too many in pun filled jokes. And why the hell was Riddler wearing skin tight outfits?!? Bane dressed up as a pink gorilla!?!

Don't forget the close-ups of their asses and the bat-nipples on the costumes. Yet the nipples were mysteriously missing on Alicia Silverstone's costume. erm

steverules_2
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Don't forget the close-ups of their asses and the bat-nipples on the costumes. Yet the nipples were mysteriously missing on Alicia Silverstone's costume. erm

I think I can hazard a guess...

Patient_Leech
Cuz Joel Schumacker is GAY..

THIS is the Batman we all know and love...

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/batman60s.jpg

Christopher Nolan is making Batman stray from his roots.. erm

laughing

steverules_2
A white box with a little red X in it? I don't remember that version

And yes he did gay it up, was bad enough people already made gay batman jokes about him and Robin but then gives us 'batman and the city'

Patient_Leech
Sorry, it was supposed to be this...

steverules_2
I'd take shark repellent any day over the batman credit card...oh dear Lord the batman credit card ugh3

BruceSkywalker
I am so looking forward to this.. this will be 2 and half hours of greatness

Patient_Leech
I'd take shark repellent any day over the batman credit card...oh dear Lord the batman credit card ugh3

lmao... I don't remember the batman credit card.. is that from Batman & Robin?

steverules_2
Yep, the worste part is that it says Batman forever on it which I'm guessing is the expiry date but also a promotion for the previous film...he uses it to try and buy poison ivy at some charity auction that she bursts in on

Mr Parker
Actually I liked Burtons movies. Whats your problem with them? We got to see Gotham as a dark, gritty and crime infested city which is what it was. And batman himself was also a dark character and totally badass, you didn't wanna f*ck with him. Then we got Joel who gave us a ice skating ninja's and a singing Mr. Freeze who made far too many in pun filled jokes. And why the hell was Riddler wearing skin tight outfits?!? Bane dressed up as a pink gorilla!?!

yeah but Burton made the worst casting choice in comicbook history casting pudgy gut,receding hairline,half bald, short runt Michael keaton for tall,muscular,handsome full set of hair Bruce wayne an insult to Batman fans around the country,then making him just a supporting character with the villians having the majority of screentime.Thats fine for a tv show but not for a movie.a movie is a special case.

Oh and dont forget Penguin,looking like sewer rat from a horror movie instead of the penguin and Devito giving his worst performance ever with a lousy pitiful performace.oh and you dont have to convince me that Batman and Robin was horrible.I lost my respect for Schumacher on that one.Clooney was a worst casting choice than even keaton was.Keaton while good as Batman sucked as Bruce Wayne in his portrayel of him,where Clooney sucked in both roles.Kilmer who sucked as batman was an excellent Bruce wayne.Thats why Bale is the one and only true Bruce Wayne/batman because he is the only one who was great in BOTH roles. Thank God for Nolan.with Nolan,that nightmare Burton/Schumacher travesty is over with and just a bad dream.

steverules_2
I thought that Keaton was amazing as Wayne and Batman

Patient_Leech
Yep, the worste part is that it says Batman forever on it which I'm guessing is the expiry date but also a promotion for the previous film...he uses it to try and buy poison ivy at some charity auction that she bursts in on

I think I remember that now. hysterical

yeah but Burton made the worst casting choice in comicbook history casting pudgy gut,receding hairline,half bald, short runt Michael keaton for tall,muscular,handsome full set of hair Bruce wayne...

Hm.. I'm not judging, just curious: either your gender is wrong or you're gay (I'd make a good detective, huh?! lol)

Yeah, personally I like Keaton more than Christian Bale. But then again, Bale might have just been ruined in my mind because of his outburst to the guy on the set of Terminator Salvation, heh.. (he was a terrible John Connor).

YTihsJQHt48

laughing

Esau Cairn
Am I the only one who's really not that big a fan of The Dark Knight? I mean, I actually liked Begins a lot better. His performance as the Joker was good, but the rest of it just wasnt as interesting to me. I'm just not that thrilled with it. It was something to do with Bruce's origin that made it more compelling, and now it's just not as interesting to me.. :/

I also detested TDK.
It wasn't a Batman movie.
To sum it up, it was Bruce Wayne playing James Bond tackling the mob bosses, corrupt politicians & crooked cops of Gotham City.

For such a long movie, Batman hardly appeared in it at all.

Ridley_Prime
Clooney could've made a good Batman if the right people were involved.
Indeed. He's a legitimately good actor in his own right, and being in one bad movie doesn't change that.

Me neither.He is the lamest villian of them all.they could easily have come up with a much better one like Mr Freeze or The Riddler.Even in the well dont 90's toon,Bane was stupid.
I can name at least 5 or 10 villains (if not more) on Batman's rogue gallery list that are lamer than Bane. erm He's not all that bad as you're making him out to be, aside from in Batman & Robin. Of course, if Nolan doesn't happen to make you appreciate him more, then I don't know what will. lol What problem did you have with him in the cartoons exactly?

And I'm glad Nolan chose not to have Riddler, personally.

when the trailers came out for batman begins and the dark knight,the movie looked great and lived up to the excitment of the trailers,if this holds true again,I dont expcet this one to be any good because this time from the trailer,the movie looks really bad.
Based on what in the trailer?

I also detested TDK.
It wasn't a Batman movie.
To sum it up, it was Bruce Wayne playing James Bond tackling the mob bosses, corrupt politicians & crooked cops of Gotham City.

For such a long movie, Batman hardly appeared in it at all.
Really? I thought TDK had a nice enough balance between the usage of Bruce Wayne and Batman, while some other movies had too much Batman and not enough Bruce Wayne, IMO. And I like James Bond, so that kind of feel to it wasn't much a problem to me. stick out tongue

And Bale wasn't that bad as John Connor IMO, although yeah. They still could've had someone better to play the adult version, and I can understand the outburst on Terminator Salvation still leaving behind a bad impression about him...

Mr Parker
I thought that Keaton was amazing as Wayne and Batman

Bruce wayne isnt a rambling idiot that Keaton made him out to be and again,he was a joke because he didnt even come close to looking the part.at least Kilmer did that much and wasnt pudgy and out of shape. laughing rolling on floor laughing

Mr Parker
yeah but Burton made the worst casting choice in comicbook history casting pudgy gut,receding hairline,half bald, short runt Michael keaton for tall,muscular,handsome full set of hair Bruce wayne an insult to Batman fans around the country,then making him just a supporting character with the villians having the majority of screentime.Thats fine for a tv show but not for a movie.a movie is a special case.

Oh and dont forget Penguin,looking like sewer rat from a horror movie instead of the penguin and Devito giving his worst performance ever with a lousy pitiful performace.oh and you dont have to convince me that Batman and Robin was horrible.I lost my respect for Schumacher on that one.Clooney was a worst casting choice than even keaton was.Keaton while good as Batman sucked as Bruce Wayne in his portrayel of him,where Clooney sucked in both roles.Kilmer who sucked as batman was an excellent Bruce wayne.Thats why Bale is the one and only true Bruce Wayne/batman because he is the only one who was great in BOTH roles. Thank God for Nolan.with Nolan,that nightmare Burton/Schumacher travesty is over with and just a bad dream.

also forgot to mention that Batman isnt the cowardly killer that Burton made him into murdering people in cowardly ways. roll eyes (sarcastic) you can accept that or live in denial,I dont care but thats what happened.Thank god For Batman Begins.Nolan made a point of it how Batman would not kill people to bring them to justice.oh and I am not going to get into the facts how Burton screwed up the Batman movies with the Burton apologists here.Me and spiderman rocks took those people to school a long time ago here.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=379333&pagenumber=23

theres the thread right there if you want to get into that with spiderman rocks.he still gets into those dicussions.Myself,I said everything I have to say on that right there on that thread.got nothing else to say,its all right there.

Mr Parker
also forgot to mention that Batman isnt the cowardly killer that Burton made him into murdering people in cowardly ways. roll eyes (sarcastic) you can accept that or live in denial,I dont care but thats what happened.Thank god For Batman Begins.Nolan made a point of it how Batman would not kill people to bring them to justice.oh and I am not going to get into the facts how Burton screwed up the Batman movies with the Burton apologists here.Me and spiderman rocks took those people to school a long time ago here.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=379333&pagenumber=23

theres the thread right there if you want to get into that with spiderman rocks.he still gets into those dicussions.Myself,I said everything I have to say on that right there on that thread.got nothing else to say,its all right there.

and theres this to as well.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=535895&pagenumber=1

The way Batman acted in the Burton films was the way The Punisher behaves,not Batman.thank god those disgraceful Burton/Scumacher Batman movies are nothing but a bad nightmare from the past now.

steverules_2
Bruce wayne isnt a rambling idiot that Keaton made him out to be and again,he was a joke because he didnt even come close to looking the part.at least Kilmer did that much and wasnt pudgy and out of shape. laughing rolling on floor laughing

When was he rambling? You mean when he went to Vicky Vales apartment to tell her he's batman? Of course he was rambling, he didn't know how to tell her, he's not just gonna say, 'Hey Vicky, by the way just need to tell you I'm batman.'

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Really? I thought TDK had a nice enough balance between the usage of Bruce Wayne and Batman, while some other movies had too much Batman and not enough Bruce Wayne, IMO. And I like James Bond, so that kind of feel to it wasn't much a problem to me. stick out tongue

There was 2 scenes in TDK where I thought it was totally out of character for Bruce Wayne.

*Going to Malaysia (or was it Hong Kong?) with Lucius Fox to plant the mobile phones. I mean Fox went over representing Bruce Wayne & then Batman appearing that same night would've meant an obvious connection between Bruce, Wayne Industries & Lucious Fox.

*Bruce dressed in leather & bike helmet investigating the buildings overlooking the police parade & stumbling across the captured police stripped of their uniform. I mean there was no reason or motive at all for Bruce to be investigating the whereabouts of The Joker or his henchmen....

Nephthys
No motive except that the Joker has promised he'd assassinate the mayor and that Batman found evidence linking Joker to that room. erm

Unless your differentiating between Bruce and Batman, in which case its simply that Batman can't operate during the day.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Nephthys
No motive except that the Joker has promised he'd assassinate the mayor and that Batman found evidence linking Joker to that room. erm

Unless your differentiating between Bruce and Batman, in which case its simply that Batman can't operate during the day.

Yes, I was differentiating between the "Dark Knight" & the "playboy billionaire". Bruce had no reason to go out of his way to interfere & investigate the assassination of the mayor.

How would Bruce Wayne know of the Joker's plans without giving himself away as the Batman?

And yes I agree, Batman can't "operate" during the day & yet earlier in the film we do see him in the bank vault with Gordon & assume that this was during the day & not late at night.

This is why I didn't like what Nolan did in TDK. He confused the mythology by having Bruce do what Bats couldn't or wouldn't necessarily do in a daytime scenario. Bruce should've at least disguised himself better than just a bike helmet.

jaden101
1st viral marketing stuff for DKR appearing recently.

http://d1oi7t5trwfj5d.cloudfront.net/f7/fecb90212611e18f3c123138165f92/file/confidential_4397621.jpg

http://d1oi7t5trwfj5d.cloudfront.net/10/8fb480212711e18f3c123138165f92/file/transcript.jpg

siriuswriter
Just found that ^

ahhhhhhhhhhhh soo excited.

roughrider
Yes, I was differentiating between the "Dark Knight" & the "playboy billionaire". Bruce had no reason to go out of his way to interfere & investigate the assassination of the mayor.

How would Bruce Wayne know of the Joker's plans without giving himself away as the Batman?

And yes I agree, Batman can't "operate" during the day & yet earlier in the film we do see him in the bank vault with Gordon & assume that this was during the day & not late at night.

This is why I didn't like what Nolan did in TDK. He confused the mythology by having Bruce do what Bats couldn't or wouldn't necessarily do in a daytime scenario. Bruce should've at least disguised himself better than just a bike helmet.

He went to the bank vault to talk to Gordon after he apprehended Scarecrow at the parking garage, and it was clearly night when that happened. The next scene after that was morning at Bruce's apartment with Alfred finding the bed empty.

Bruce follows the rules of no costume and incognito during the day. He had a helmet on the motorcycle and all the cops bound in that room were blindfolded when he talked to them.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by roughrider
He went to the bank vault to talk to Gordon after he apprehended Scarecrow at the parking garage, and it was clearly night when that happened. The next scene after that was morning at Bruce's apartment with Alfred finding the bed empty.

Bruce follows the rules of no costume and incognito during the day. He had a helmet on the motorcycle and all the cops bound in that room were blindfolded when he talked to them.

I'll take your word that Batman went straight to the vault after capturing Scarecrow in the parking garage, therefore it was actually night time when Batman was at the bank vault with Gordon.

But I still maintain it was out of character for Bruce to go investigating. Regardless of the fact that he was wearing a helmet, he had no idea of the assassination details much less finding cops blindfolded & bound in the room. This I would put down as Plot Induced Stupidity.

Nephthys
I don't really think this is justification for not liking the movie. Its one of the smallest nitpicks I've ever seen and its just one scene. Lots of scenes in the movie don't make 100% sense when you really think about them, but who the hell cares when you're actually watching?

Besides, he could easily bullshit his way out of it. 'I heard a noise and decided to investigate.' Its hardly dividing by zero.

Esau Cairn
I don't really think this is justification for not liking the movie. Its one of the smallest nitpicks I've ever seen and its just one scene. Lots of scenes in the movie don't make 100% sense when you really think about them, but who the hell cares when you're actually watching?

Besides, he could easily bullshit his way out of it. 'I heard a noise and decided to investigate.' Its hardly dividing by zero.

Hey I'm a big Batman fan for over 25 years now & based on "growing up with him"....I really didn't like what Nolan did in TDK.

I could easily nitpick Begins but I did enjoy every moment of it.

siriuswriter
An extra has died on the New York set of Rise of the Dark Knight. Middle-aged man, on break died of heart attack, stopped filming until the death was labelled due to natural causes.

What a way to go.

someone find linkage? I would but I've taken my nighttime meds and the room is starting to get heavy.

Nephthys
2 deaths in 2 movies.

Spooky. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-tinfoil.gif

Linkage.

BruceSkywalker
Hey I'm a big Batman fan for over 25 years now & based on "growing up with him"....I really didn't like what Nolan did in TDK.

I could easily nitpick Begins but I did enjoy every moment of it.

I have liked Batman since I was 4, I'm 42 now.. I love what Nolan has done.. the next person is going to be hard pressed because he knows he won;t be able to top what Nolan has done..

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I have liked Batman since I was 4, I'm 42 now.. I love what Nolan has done.. the next person is going to be hard pressed because he knows he won;t be able to top what Nolan has done..

I think the next time we'll see Bats will be in Justice League (pending red-tape & copy right issues & also based on how The Avengers fare...).

He'll be more action-based & less brooding.

Mr Parker

Yeah I love what Nolan had done up till this point as well except for having Dent killed off.that would be a major mistake on Nolans part if he really indeed is dead and yeah I seriously doubt anybody will be able to measure up to what Nolan has done.He is the only director that really understood the character nad made an adaptation faithful to the comicbook for the most part.

Mr Parker
When was he rambling? You mean when he went to Vicky Vales apartment to tell her he's batman? Of course he was rambling, he didn't know how to tell her, he's not just gonna say, 'Hey Vicky, by the way just need to tell you I'm batman.'

No Im talking about in the beginning when he first saw Vicky Vale and was saying Yes Im Bruce Wayne,for sure this time.Bruce doesnt act like a rambling idiot the way keaton made him out to be.Keaton unsuccessfully tried to copy chris reeves performance as superman acting like a bumbling idiot as bruce wayne and then macho as Batman.

If he had done any research like Bale and even Kilmer did,he would have known Bruce doesnt ramble on like a dork like that and is cool and suave with the women.Bale nailed it and like i said,Kilmer even was convincing that way.Like i said that was Kilmers strength was when he was portraying Bruce Wayne.

Esau Cairn
Yeah I love what Nolan had done up till this point as well except for having Dent killed off.that would be a major mistake on Nolans part if he really indeed is dead and yeah I seriously doubt anybody will be able to measure up to what Nolan has done.He is the only director that really understood the character nad made an adaptation faithful to the comicbook for the most part.

I think the mistake Nolan made was having two mentally unbalanced villains in one movie.

It begs the question, who was the psycho & who was the madman?

The climax of the movie was capturing The Joker...oh no, oh wait we still have to sit through Two face now...sigh...yawn.

Esau Cairn
No Im talking about in the beginning when he first saw Vicky Vale and was saying Yes Im Bruce Wayne,for sure this time.Bruce doesnt act like a rambling idiot the way keaton made him out to be.Keaton unsuccessfully tried to copy chris reeves performance as superman acting like a bumbling idiot as bruce wayne and then macho as Batman.

If he had done any research like Bale and even Kilmer did,he would have known Bruce doesnt ramble on like a dork like that and is cool and suave with the women.Bale nailed it and like i said,Kilmer even was convincing that way.Like i said that was Kilmers strength was when he was portraying Bruce Wayne.

Yes, Bruce "The Playboy Billionaire" is cool & suave with the women.
Namely with the bimbos & models he wants to be seen in public with.

There's always been that underlining hint that he hardly sleeps with them, as he's out fighting crime (& prefers Robin's company...).

The impression I got with his initial meeting with Vicky Vale was that he was thrown off by her strong will & intelligence leaving Bruce coming off as a rambling idiot. He didn't look at Vale as another bimbo but as someone he could have genuine feelings for.

jaden101
http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/09/article-1323442901400-0F1E62C300000578-424087_466x503.jpg

Tom Hardy as Bane.

Ridley_Prime
Hmm, I like what I'm seeing from this viral marketing stuff so far.

I think the mistake Nolan made was having two mentally unbalanced villains in one movie.

The climax of the movie was capturing The Joker...oh no, oh wait we still have to sit through Two face now...sigh...yawn.
With the exception of like the '89 film, hasn't every other Batman movie had at least two main villains from Batman's rogue gallery in them? I don't see how that was such a mistake with TDK, but to each his own.

Esau Cairn
Hmm, I like what I'm seeing from this viral marketing stuff so far.

With the exception of like the '89 film, hasn't every other Batman movie had at least two main villains from Batman's rogue gallery in them? I don't see how that was such a mistake with TDK, but to each his own.

Yes, all the Batman movies have suffered from the formula of a minimum of 2 villains, wasting time on their origins as well.

I'm just stating for TDK, why the need for 2 mentally unbalanced villains?

Begins worked well with Scarecrow using psychological fear & then Ras using strength & might.

With both The Joker & Two Face being mentally unbalanced...it was became tedious to watch.

BruceSkywalker
I think the next time we'll see Bats will be in Justice League (pending red-tape & copy right issues & also based on how The Avengers fare...).

A JL film would be good, but it needs a good script, actors/actresses and a good director who can mesh everything together

thumb up

Originally posted by jaden101
http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/09/article-1323442901400-0F1E62C300000578-424087_466x503.jpg

Tom Hardy as Bane.

I think Hardy will do a good job

Esau Cairn
A JL film would be good, but it needs a good script, actors/actresses and a good director who can mesh everything together

Well the original script & premise for JLA that George Miller (Mad Max,Babe, Happy Feet) was going to direct had a young cast of unknowns, simply based on their beauty & muscular appearance.

Patient_Leech

Tom Hardy as Bane.

Bane looks gangsta, yo. 2guns

Mr Parker

Im glad you mentioned that part though because yeah he was a a rambling idiot then as well and thats just not how Bruce Wayne acts.When even revealing his identity he doesnt ramble on senselessly like he did,he gets straight to the point on everything he says.another example of how Bale nailed his character and did very good research on him because in Begins when he revealed his identity to Rachel,he was straight and to the point on it like Bruce always is. thumb up

Mr Parker

yeah you are probably right.I sure hope that Dent isnt really dead.I wont believe it till the film comes out that thats really the case.I just cant believe Nolan could make such a dumb decision killing off an important villian like that.Thats a Scumacher/Burton thing to do and till this point,thank god,he has not crossed that line as of yet.

Mr Parker
Yes, all the Batman movies have suffered from the formula of a minimum of 2 villains, wasting time on their origins as well.

Begins worked well with Scarecrow using psychological fear & then Ras using strength & might.

With both The Joker & Two Face being mentally unbalanced...it was became tedious to watch.

yeah those are good points.

BruceSkywalker
Well the original script & premise for JLA that George Miller (Mad Max,Babe, Happy Feet) was going to direct had a young cast of unknowns, simply based on their beauty & muscular appearance.

i read that script, it had too many problems where batman was concerned.. maybe if they were to revise it then that script can be used

Kazenji
Blah, blah, blah i'm Mr Parker and i hate Bane

we know allready....

I remember hearing back then when Megan Gale who was cast as Wonder Woman fit the role good and George Miller was impressed.

Kazenji
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8973/darkknightriseslegenden.jpg

Nephthys
http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp172/Gamara_1969/DroolingSmiley3.gif

Patient_Leech
Goddamn, I will hand it to the art department for these films. That poster looks f*cking awesome. Hot damn. The black n white was a good choice.

BlackZero30x

actually after TDKR is released (to my knowledge) WB is planning on rebooting batman right away with Nolan(and his wife i think) as producers. They plan to try and make this version of batman more "comic oriented"

EDIT: Im still uneasy about Nolan using such an unrealistic villain in a much more realistic themed universe. Sure everyone says Nolan is great especially after TDK and Tom Hardy is a great actor but none of that will make bane who he is in the movie and still passable as bane......also i just got word that bane is British in the movie. Im not complaining im just concerned nolan has bit off a bit more then he can chew with his choice in villain(according to the nolan verse that is)

BlackZero30x
also this.......

SPOILER ALERT

http://batman-news.com/2011/12/09/official-descriptions-of-the-dark-knight-rises-prologue-the-introduction-of-bane/

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by BlackZero30x

EDIT: Im still uneasy about Nolan using such an unrealistic villain in a much more realistic themed universe. Sure everyone says Nolan is great especially after TDK and Tom Hardy is a great actor but none of that will make bane who he is in the movie and still passable as bane......also i just got word that bane is British in the movie. Im not complaining im just concerned nolan has bit off a bit more then he can chew with his choice in villain(according to the nolan verse that is)

Out of the entire rogues gallery Batman has, why do you think Bane is the most unrealistic?

There was no clash of wills like against The Joker, no cat & mouse mind games against The Riddler, Penguin or Two-Face...Bane came straight up & used brute strength to defeat Batman.
He broke both his body & soul.

What's so unrealistic about that?

BruceSkywalker
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8973/darkknightriseslegenden.jpg

this is my screensaver

Placidity
There was no clash of wills like against The Joker, no cat & mouse mind games against The Riddler, Penguin or Two-Face...Bane came straight up & used brute strength to defeat Batman.

Actually, the Knightfall arc is my favorite comic of all time. And Bane was strategic in defeating Batman. He knew he could never beat him straight up that's why he wore him down first.

I agree that Bane is one of the more realistic villains, or at least can be translated more easily. It probably has to do with the fact that he isn't insane like many of Batman's other enemies.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Placidity
Actually, the Knightfall arc is my favorite comic of all time. And Bane was strategic in defeating Batman. He knew he could never beat him straight up that's why he wore him down first.

I agree that Bane is one of the more realistic villains, or at least can be translated more easily. It probably has to do with the fact that he isn't insane like many of Batman's other enemies.

I do forget the details of Knightfall...but this is exactly what I'm looking forward to, an actual battle of strength between Bats & Bane.

I want to see my favourite hero smashed & defeated...only to rise again.

Joejonas
Wat is happening here basically, its very confusing

BlackZero30x
Out of the entire rogues gallery Batman has, why do you think Bane is the most unrealistic?

I never said he was the most unrealistic he's just a very unrealistic character. Nolans films have not been totally realistic but mostly thats what the nolan verse is suppose to be about. In fact he announced he didn't want any super-beings in his films. Thats the problem though because bane is a super-being. So no nothing unrealistic about him beating batman to a pulp but if you don't have venom then you don't have bane....all you have is a rather muscular man thats (from the looks of it) not even as strong as a strong man. my fears steam from them taking a character like bane and bringing him down to human standard levels. As if thats not a big enough change they even change his ethnicity and make his mask like a sort of life support because apparently he can't live without it. Is it doable? Yes, but with all these changes from his character(not to mention the other changes they made to him) I worry because no matter how good nolan is I don't feel he can stay true to bane like he said he would while making all these changes. I have absolutely no doubt it will be a good movie but with what i know about this film I don't think it will be a good comic book movie. Im hoping however in light of the lazarus pit being in the movie that they are hiding something about bane (like venom) because why add one thing that has absolutely no realistic explanation and not another?

Thought i would post the changes to bane that bothers me so people will know why im worried.

SPOILERS
Bane (as far as we know) has no venom
Bane(as far as we know) will be no stronger then a heavy weight UFC fighter.
Bane was trained by the league of shadows and will be portrayed as if they are the same but on opposite sides of the law
Bane will be British
Bane has some big problem which is why he has the mask that keeps him alive.

none of that sounds like bane.

Nephthys
On the other hand, you could have said that about Heath Ledger's Joker.

Ridley_Prime

After rewatching TDK again recently, I see more where you're coming from now. It was kinda tedious to have the ending scene with Two-Face right after the part with Joker and the SWAT team.. Still a great movie though, but I can see why others liked Batman Begins better. I did in some regards.

@ BlackZero: Meh. As long as he's executed well and uniquely, I probably won't have too much a problem with how different TDKR Bane is from his comic version. Awesome Bane poster on this page, btw.

BlackZero30x
On the other hand, you could have said that about Heath Ledger's Joker.

I don't see that. The Joker had obvious changes but he really captured the character. For example The scene in which joker has Rachel and Batman say "let her go" then joker drops her out a window. that completely fits who the joker is. Joker, sure had somethings that needed changing to adapt to the movie but he was still fitting to the character of the joker. Where as the changes to bane changes him completely. The only similarity they could make is his intelligence and his "need" to prove himself superior to the bat. To take a completely "mental" type of character(The Joker)who has no powers and bring him down to realism is always going to be easier because he didn't have "powers" to dub down.

Ridley_Prime
Where as the changes to bane changes him completely. The only similarity they could make is his intelligence and his "need" to prove himself superior to the bat.
Honestly, what more similarities do they really need than that? Some of the differences you listed are hardly even worthy of mention or are just real subtle/trivial in comparison IMO, like Bane being British. I mean as long as he still gives the Batman a good fight throughout the movie (especially if he breaks him at some point), I can't really complain much about what differences he may have in strength from his comic incarnate.

Nephthys
I don't see that. The Joker had obvious changes but he really captured the character. For example The scene in which joker has Rachel and Batman say "let her go" then joker drops her out a window. that completely fits who the joker is. Joker, sure had somethings that needed changing to adapt to the movie but he was still fitting to the character of the joker. Where as the changes to bane changes him completely. The only similarity they could make is his intelligence and his "need" to prove himself superior to the bat. To take a completely "mental" type of character(The Joker)who has no powers and bring him down to realism is always going to be easier because he didn't have "powers" to dub down.

Well your example comes from the actual movie, which Bane doesn't have the advantage of as of yet. I said 'you could have said that'. And IIRC alot of people did when they saw Ledger before the movie came out. Even then he didn't use gadgets, he didn't have Harley, he didn't have bleached skin, etc. But he was still fantastic.

Basically, don't write Bane off before you actually see the movie. Keep an open mind at the least.

Ridley_Prime
thumb up

Robtard
This is looking like it's going to be the greatest live-action Dark Knight Rises film ever.

Bane's mask in that pic looks pure fail though.

BlackZero30x
Honestly, what more similarities do they really need than that? Some of the differences you listed are hardly even worthy of mention or are just real subtle/trivial in comparison IMO, like Bane being British. I mean as long as he still gives the Batman a good fight throughout the movie (especially if he breaks him at some point), I can't really complain much about what differences he may have in strength from his comic incarnate.

well the biggest problem is that bane will no longer be "super powered"(to our knowledge). I understand batmans rouges are all pretty super powered and hard to adapt to realism but why can't they push the bounds a bit? I wouldn't have as much problem if bane was at least taking a steroid of his own creation that he calls venom and puts him in the strong man weight class. why could this not happen? I mean look at the fear gas from begins. Like i said earlier im sure it will be a great movie but not a great "comicbook movie". Im not as anal as some people but even if your re telling a character you should keep them attached to the source material in some way other then just his name. Being British bothers me because it a change in his ethnicity. Same as me not liking the idea of spiderman not being white in his movie. Im sure it would be fine and not actually change the character but why is it so hard to stick to something so simple?

Well your example comes from the actual movie, which Bane doesn't have the advantage of as of yet. I said 'you could have said that'. And IIRC alot of people did when they saw Ledger before the movie came out. Even then he didn't use gadgets, he didn't have Harley, he didn't have bleached skin, etc. But he was still fantastic.

Basically, don't write Bane off before you actually see the movie. Keep an open mind at the least.

Indeed you are right a lot of people was worried about the joker myself included. I however enjoyed the way he looked it was the fact that i didn't think ledger could play him and he blew my mind! I didn't expect harley in the movie and i was hoping for gadgets. As for the skin the make up worked because i knew it wasn't "real" enough to have him fall into a vat of chemicals but i did hope for more then chemicals. Basically im saying i love the first 2 and i understand the Nolanverse means realism but it's a movie it's not like they didn't push the bounds a little with everything else(in the first two) why not now....why make some of those un-needed changes. Now to close I just want to reiterate im not complaining im just worried.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Robtard

Bane's mask in that pic looks pure fail though.

It's a better design than the comics or Batman & Robin (movie) or the cartoons as well.

Hint hint...In order to defeat Bane...PULL THE TUBING!!!! wink

BruceSkywalker
saw the trailer attached to Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows..

this movie is gonna rock from beginning to end.. I hate to say it but I think Chris Nolan may have out done himself

Patient_Leech
this movie is gonna rock from beginning to end.. I hate to say it but I think Chris Nolan may have out done himself

Does he talk with the raspy, over-the-top Batman voice a lot??! Does he, does he?! eek!

Esau Cairn
Does he talk with the raspy, over-the-top Batman voice a lot??! Does he, does he?! eek!

I think out of Adam West, Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney...Bale at least tries to morph his vocals to separate from Wayne & Batman.

BruceSkywalker

i never had a problem with Bale's Bat voice.. its a whole lot better than previous film versions

I think out of Adam West, Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney...Bale at least tries to morph his vocals to separate from Wayne & Batman.

agreed

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I liked the voice in Begins (though it was still fun to make fun of), but they really over-did it in The Dark Knight, so much so that it really became a joke.

srankmissingnin
I'm going to see the movie regardless, but it wasn't a very good trailer. We saw more Selina Kyle than we did Bane.

Myth
I don't want them to reveal too much in the trailers. It was enough to keep me excited and give me a taste without feeling like too much was revealed. I hope the next trailers are the same way.

Patient_Leech
If you're gonna see the movie anyway, why watch the trailers at all? Shit, for Prometheus I'm probably not gonna watch the trailer (if I can muster enough will-power to resist). I'd rather not have ANYTHING spoiled.. nothing at all. For this I don't really care too much. I'll probably take a peak at a trailer or two.

jaden101
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85272

Why wait for the trailer when you can watch it now, bitches.

McNasty996
Watched it, can't wait for the movie to come out. Shit is gonna get real.

super pr*xy
are they showing the batman prequel in the regular showing of M:I ghost protocol or just the IMAX screenings? if so, i call balderdash..

Esau Cairn
I know it's only a few seconds of trailer, but I got the impression Bane breaks Bruce Wayne...not defeats Batman.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by super pr*xy
are they showing the batman prequel in the regular showing of M:I ghost protocol or just the IMAX screenings? if so, i call balderdash..

the prologue is only on special imax screenings prior to ghost protocol...

I know it's only a few seconds of trailer, but I got the impression Bane breaks Bruce Wayne...not defeats Batman.

i don't think bane actually breaks Bruce/Batman's back, simply because Bruce is using a cane to walk..

Esau Cairn

i don't think bane actually breaks Bruce/Batman's back, simply because Bruce is using a cane to walk..

I wasn't referring to Bruce with a walking cane but the brief scene where Bane is looking down on Bruce's face.

To me, there's no partial hint of cape or cowl so that suggests Bruce Wayne getting beaten & not Batman getting defeated.

Patient_Leech
Looks pretty epic. What the hell is that thing flying above the street? The bat-chopper? or bat-hovercraft? lol

the ninjak
Looks pretty epic. What the hell is that thing flying above the street? The bat-chopper? or bat-hovercraft? lol

Brave move on part of the creative team. But still realistic considering his vehicle's development in the films.

The film is riding on the idea of modern ideals being destroyed by creative social Anarchy. And one man riding those manipulations to rouse the criminal world to aid him in his quest. Much like the Joker did.

I can't blame them for taking such a step but with more SFX to show a more heavy state of tension and consequence. It will make the villain's mission more believable. It's what the director specializes in. Extremes mixed with calming realism to ease his audience in.

I'm looking forward to this film.

Mairuzu
GokKUqLcvD8

Lestov16

I think the opposite. Bane deserves this, considering Schumaker gave him would could physically be equated to the Nanking Massacre

siriuswriter
Oh my god...

i have seen the third coming, and it is beautiful...

Mairuzu
After seeing the first and second of Nolans batman series I completely trust what hes doing with this new one.

Robtard
I thought similar concerning Spiderman 3; yet Sam Raimi took a shit on my chest.

siriuswriter
There are people asking Nolan to change Tom Hardy's voice; evidently, he's harder to understand than Bale's Bat-Voice is supposed to be.

But this is what I heard - "When Gotham is in ashes, your is to die."

Did someone else get that word? I listened to it a good ten times.

steverules_2
It was

When Gotham is in ashes you have my permission to die

I heard it once and got that sly

Patient_Leech
I thought similar concerning Spiderman 3; yet Sam Raimi took a shit on my chest.

laughing

Agreed, except for covering Dafoe's beautiful face with that stupid metallic mask.

siriuswriter
Well then my instincts were right, I thought I heard "mission," but there were too many syllables for just that.

Ugh, I hope that doesn't happen in the theatre. That would suck.

Although maybe it's part of the adverts. I would certainly go back and back and back to know what the f*ck was being said.

Ridley_Prime
It was

When Gotham is in ashes you have my permission to die

I heard it once and got that sly
That line will end up being the new "Why so serious?", if you get my drift.

Placidity

When that line ends up being the new "Why so serious?", you have my permission to die.

Robtard

I can't see people going balls-deep for Bane as they did for Ledger's Joker.

steverules_2
Not unless Tom Hardy suddenly dies after the movie

Originally posted by siriuswriter
Well then my instincts were right, I thought I heard "mission," but there were too many syllables for just that.

Ugh, I hope that doesn't happen in the theatre. That would suck.

Although maybe it's part of the adverts. I would certainly go back and back and back to know what the f*ck was being said.

It was a little hard to understand but I still got it...dunno how, I have terrible hearing

Why so serious was something joker said a lot, I don't see Bane having a catch phrase or that being his catch phrase. Plus why so serious was plastered all over posters...or just one of them I dunno but still.

ares834
Awesome trailer. I have no problem understanding Bane and his line is pretty cool. Also FWI there is no "in" it's just "when Gotham is ashes".

steverules_2
Originally posted by ares834
Awesome trailer. I have no problem understanding Bane and his line is pretty cool. Also FWI there is no "in" it's just "when Gotham is ashes".

You mean FYI wink

ares834
You mean FYI wink

Damn you!!!

steverules_2
Damn you!!!

awesome Don't hate the player, hate the game stick out tongue

siriuswriter
Hey, words like "in" are pretty much negligible. big grin

I'm not too worried. I watch lots of Brit TV and film, and I never have a problem understanding it then, when everybody'stalkingsofastthereisneveracommaorperiod
anywhere.

I'm not going to get hyped about it.
Or maybe it's I don't want to get hyped about it.
But this is the FINALE, Batman Begins was the first Batman movie that was actually, like... perfect. Nolan's a genius. Bale and Oldman and Caine and everybody are spot on.

I do believe in Nolan, I do, I do! *claps hands*

ETA That line will never be so famous, it'll be "the line that made the world realize how much people really don't want people pissing about with this film, and thus, how important it was."
Or "the line that showed everyone how whiny and uncultured Americans are."
Either way.

Esau Cairn
Why don't we all just boycott this film altogether.

I mean it will never live up to all the expectations we've already formed based on a trailer.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Placidity
When that line ends up being the new "Why so serious?", you have my permission to die.
laughing thumb up

Why don't we all just boycott this film altogether.

I mean it will never live up to all the expectations we've already formed based on a trailer.
I think you'll be pretty much alone there as far as boycotting this. Trailers only show you so little, or don't always give people the right impression at first. Only when you see the movie can you truly determine if it lived up to its expectations or not IMO (with a few exceptions).

And even if it's not as good as Batman Begins or The Dark Knight by some chance, I still have plenty confidence that it won't suffer from the curse of the superhero threequel and be total shit like Spider-Man 3. If anything, I expect TDKR to kinda break that trend.

Esau Cairn
I was being sarcastic about boycotting this film.

Hell,I need my Batman fix & I'm counting down the days til July!

jinXed by JaNx
Latest trailer didn't do to much for me. I'm still excited to see this and The Avengers but it was cool to see my Hometown in a Batman movie.

Ridley_Prime
I was being sarcastic about boycotting this film.

Hell,I need my Batman fix & I'm counting down the days til July!
My bad then. Sarcasm doesn't always translate well on the internet for me.

jaden101
I've not looked up much on it but I'm guessing it's going to be loosely based on "Knightfall" except without all the other major characters. The trailer shows the scene where Batman is fighting in a huge crowd...Presumably this is the "wearing Batman down" bit that The main characters did in Knightfall before Bane attacked Batman in the Batcave. The poster with Bane walking away and a broken Batman mask lying on the ground would suggest that he does fight Batman rather than Wayne.

I just wonder if they'll bring in Azrael to continue as Batman...Doubt it though.

Placidity
Azrael would be epic, but knowing Nolan, almost certainly not going to happen.

jaden101
Yeah...We'll end up with Family Guy Robin and his cell phone.

Robtard
Nolan's said he's done with the franchise after this. Not that that really means he's done.

Esau Cairn
Nolan's said he's done with the franchise after this. Not that that really means he's done.

I doubt the strength of the rumour but someone posted that the Nolans (Chris & wife) would become producers for any Batman spin-offs after this trilogy.

Whether Bale will be connected is doubtful.

siriuswriter
Bale said he's only coming back if Nolan DIRECTS. But Nolan said this'll be the last one he'll direct, like you said, Esau, he's going to go into the background of the film as a producer.

dadudemon
Saw the youtube vid for the first time...

The "Bane mumbles" controversy I was reading all over the facebook does not exist to me. There is no problem discerning what Bane said. And, no, I did not know what Bane said before watching the video. It seems just as clear if not clearer than Bale's Batman voice.

ares834
I've not looked up much on it but I'm guessing it's going to be loosely based on "Knightfall" except without all the other major characters. The trailer shows the scene where Batman is fighting in a huge crowd...Presumably this is the "wearing Batman down" bit that The main characters did in Knightfall before Bane attacked Batman in the Batcave. The poster with Bane walking away and a broken Batman mask lying on the ground would suggest that he does fight Batman rather than Wayne.

I just wonder if they'll bring in Azrael to continue as Batman...Doubt it though.

Indeed. One theory I liked is Bane doesn't just break the Bat but kills him. Then the new Cop character takes up the mantle.

Ducard: A vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely.
Bruce Wayne: Which is?
Ducard: A legend, Mr. Wayne.

Edit: Here is the article.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/advanced-batman-theory-why-nolan-will-kill-bruce-wayne/

Nephthys
10 New Details Revealed in 'The Dark Knight Rises' Trailer and Prologue

This article suggests what the plot might be. So Spoilers.

jaden101
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/488/v596f.jpg

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7939/darkknightrises20111201.jpg
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/gallerypictures/39827L.jpg
http://http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/gallerypictures/39826L.jpg

jaden101
Apologies for the giant size of one of the images.

Esau Cairn
Someone pointed out the necklace around Selina's neck is exactly the same as the one Bruce's mom is wearing in Begins...

Is Bruce really a tight-ass that he dug up his mom's grave to give that to Selina?

The plot thickens.

steverules_2
The last image isn't working sad

S_D_J

Bane does fight Batman rather than Wayne, he's seen in the Imax prologue holding Batman broken mask (just like the poster) and I think he tosses it, so he does know he's identity and probably that's why he says "you have my permission to die" to Wayne

Originally posted by dadudemon
Saw the youtube vid for the first time...

The "Bane mumbles" controversy I was reading all over the facebook does not exist to me. There is no problem discerning what Bane said. And, no, I did not know what Bane said before watching the video. It seems just as clear if not clearer than Bale's Batman voice.

while English not being my first language, I had no trouble understanding what he says in the trailer, but the Imax prologue, wtf? all I hear is mumble... maybe is the quality of the bootleg recording (still waiting for a official release), but if proper english-speakers can't understand him... it does bring concern

jaden101
http://tdwgeeks.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/2255916b-f864-4cc0-ab3e-98004b053a0b.jpg?w=1000&h=

Last image again

Stealth Agent

You weren't just sitting through the two face scene you had the privelage of watching his tale come to an end unless you are a complete dolt. And besides it had to end on two face because that's when Nolan hits us with the hook that Batman's taking the blame for harvey's death because thats what gotham needs of him, and it's best to end on a hook. It's not like we still didn't get to melt in the awesomeness of the joker's capture.

actually after TDKR is released (to my knowledge) WB is planning on rebooting batman right away with Nolan(and his wife i think) as producers. They plan to try and make this version of batman more "comic oriented"

That's what Nolan doe's though by pitting those contrasts against each other, he prefers a challenge to what is expected. I think it is very interesting to turn this awesome villian into something realistic. Batman himself isn't very realistic but Nolan made him plausable.

Originally posted by Mairuzu
After seeing the first and second of Nolans batman series I completely trust what hes doing with this new one.

thumbsup

Indeed. One theory I liked is Bane doesn't just break the Bat but kills him. Then the new Cop character takes up the mantle.

Ducard: A vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely.
Bruce Wayne: Which is?
Ducard: A legend, Mr. Wayne.

Edit: Here is the article.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/advanced-batman-theory-why-nolan-will-kill-bruce-wayne/

I could definately see Batman dieing, Nolan likes to shock and blow minds in every film he has to created from his first three minute short. And i think Batman's death isn't even faintly considered among most fans or audience, so that could very well be what he doe's.

Apologies for the giant size of one of the images.

You should be sorry you twit, you ****ed up the whole page, it's a pain in the ass to read anything.

jaden101
Originally posted by Stealth Agent

You should be sorry you twit, you ****ed up the whole page, it's a pain in the ass to read anything.

I'm not really. I was just placating the divs.

Stealth Agent
I'm not really. I was just placating the divs.

You were clearly polite enough to post an unrequited apology, but as soon as I say that apology was neccesary you retract it.

steverules_2
They can't kill off Bruce...he'll come back and beat Bane after he's been 'broken'

jaden101
Previous experience of divs moaning about images being too big because scrolling along wastes vital energy they need for fapping ferociously to animal based cartoon pornography.

Stealth Agent
They can't kill off Bruce...he'll come back and beat Bane after he's been 'broken'

maybe is frozen sperm will twenty five years late, but if e's dead e's dead mate

Myth
Someone pointed out the necklace around Selina's neck is exactly the same as the one Bruce's mom is wearing in Begins...

Is Bruce really a tight-ass that he dug up his mom's grave to give that to Selina?

The plot thickens.

I assumed she stole it since she is a thief. Plus she talks about Bruce keeping everything for himself, so it seemed implied that people were going to take stuff from him.

Myth
Come to think of it, wasn't the necklace broken? So maybe this was just a replica to stir up Bruce's emotions.

Esau Cairn
It was just a funny observation somebody made regarding the necklace.

I doubt it's that important to the storyline, maybe just an in-joke Nolan added for the geek fanatics.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Stealth Agent
You weren't just sitting through the two face scene you had the privelage of watching his tale come to an end unless you are a complete dolt. And besides it had to end on two face because that's when Nolan hits us with the hook that Batman's taking the blame for harvey's death because thats what gotham needs of him, and it's best to end on a hook. It's not like we still didn't get to melt in the awesomeness of the joker's capture.

What's that saying about "opinions & a$$holes...".

Seriously the "awesomeness of the Joker's capture"?
Christ it was a blatant rip-off of the Joker's demise from Burton's 1st Batman.

So yeah, it was the anti anti-climax to Two Face's anti-climatic end.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>