your oscar picks?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
so what do you guys think are the best actors/acress's/directors and movies for this last year?

i personally think....

actor - jack nicholson
actress - i dunno
director - peter jackson (i know he's not nominated but the direction for two towers was truley mesmerizing)

picture - two towers was the best movie this year i thought. the pianist looks good although i havent seen it. so two towers is my pick, but i know it wont win.

finti
it should have been cancelled

mah
well the Academy did some weird things this year too, didnt they.. Best Actor and such. at least they didnt screw up the Best Animated feature award

Tex
It was way better than years past.

I'm glad Chicago, Cooper, Brody, Polanski won!smile
Not happy that C Z Jones and Nicole Kidman wonsick

I just loved Michael Moore's anti-Bush speech! Good for him! But did you hear all those BOOS? Who knew there were so many republicans in Hollywood?roll eyes (sarcastic)

Steve Martin was a great host!

mah
yeah heard Moores speech. nice one.
they havent sent it on norwegian telly yet..on wednesday i think

finti
moore as in moron

mah
nice play on words, but not much more

BackFire349
moore seems like one of those guys who will say things just to get a rise out of people. i thought his speech was ignorant and silly. but entertaining none the less.

Tex
It was the lowest rated Oscars ever embarrasment

BackFire349
it was the first oscar show that i was able to sit through.

Tex
Yeah, it was really smooth in my opinion. Ofcourse I switched channels during acceptance speechesevil face

Dexx
oh brody was spot on....he's great....
loved moore's speech also

finti
It is all about publicity, moore did it just because he is controversial and it might boost future projects of his

Tex
I doubt that.

BackFire349
moore is just a fat version of eminem, likes being controversial just for the sake of being controversial. his statements proved his ignorance in the whole meaning of the war. and made him look just silly.

finti
he always looked silly

mah
nah. Bowling for Columbine shows that he's really got something to say

finti
one tracked documentary.

mah
it was by no means an objective documentary no, but neither did it ever claim to be

finti
he has always been one sided

mah
and..?

Thomas H
The show was superb, Steve Martin did one hell of a good job....

What pissed me of was that Chicago won so many prizes...

What I think was funny, was the Michael Moore was booued out of the scene, and what he said was funny...and every actors reaction...everybody was laughing, espesially Harrison Ford, I guess that they where waiting for that one..-..

What was weird was the Eminem won, althought it was deserved..

I loved the reaction of Mr. Brody, I think his name was that..the man who won best actor...he was sooooo surprised...after seeing that reaction I really think he deserved it...althought i havent seen the movie...

One shame, is that LOTR didnt win best picture...

On thing that was good, was that many showed their suport to the soldiers in Iraq, an wished them good luck, and that they hoped that they will get home soon!

All in all, a great oscar this year!

Tex
Have you seen Chicago? Mr. Pissed that Chicago won so many!stick out tongue

Yes, I bet Barbara Streissand never imagined she'd give Eminem an Oscarstick out tongue

mah
em yeah thomas, most where applauding it, and some were booing.

Tex
BOOS are much louder than applause, so they drowned them out.
And besides, people who were BOOING have big mouths that never shut up!

BackFire349
much like the man they were booing at.

mah
you're not for freedom of speech backfire? why are you whining to such a degree about moore

finti
it wasnt the forum to make political statements in

Thomas H
Well I think there where a 50/50...and I personly dont have anything against him...he is a funny person...but many Americans that I have spoken to who knows a lot about him and America, says that he often write things that aint true...and that he makes them up...and they are not talking about Bowling For Colombine but other books that he has written!

BackFire349
im all for freedom of speech, but he sounded like a child. i found it funny because he ended up sounding silly. and i dont like when people simply say things for the sake of getting attention or being controversial, which is what i believe moore was doing.

Thomas H
he sounded silly indeed...and he made a fool out of himself...but il bet that he dont care...he has a lot of money anyway...

mah
thomas; get lost

Thomas H
f*** you hippe scum...

Tex
SHAME ON YOU Mr. Thomas for using that language!
SHAME ON YOU!

Get it?wink

finti
how Moore.....ish

Tex
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(I'm drowning out Finti's reply with Boos)stick out tongue

finti
and I will drown you evil face even if that might be impossible in texas

Tex
BOOOOOOOOOO

finti
drown the sand lizzard

Thomas H
laughing out loud Happy Dance laughing out loud
hehe shame on me!!hihi

mah
hippe og kule meg?

BackFire349
come again?

mah
for thomas..

Tex
He's speaking Norweignlandish!wacko

Thomas H
hehe...that was a typical 16 year old boy line...

mah
what was? me pointing out your grammar typeo?

BackFire349
no heres something a 16 year old would say "i just saw micheal moore, oh not wait, that was a piece of shit i left in the toilet"

Thomas H
hehe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.