Thor vs Gladiator-The Definitive Battle-Feat War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Meh. Instead of making a BZ and not having people show up or make up excuses for either side I decided to just make it a VS thread. If someone makes the BZ down the line then thats fine.

Thor (Odinson) vs Gladiator (Kallark)

Categories-

-Strength

-Striking Power( with Mjolnir )

-Striking Power(without Mjolnir)

-Blasting Power

-Raw Speed

-Combat Speed

-Durability

-Damage Soak

-Combat Smarts

-Greats Hyperbolic Statement

Who wins??

carver9
Give me 4 hours and I will start by posting a scan...I'm at work. Rage can either match it or surpass it...doesn't matter.

JakeTheBank
-Strength: Thor.

-Striking Power( with Mjolnir ): Thor, no contest.

-Striking Power(without Mjolnir): Wash.

-Blasting Power: Thor, no contest.

-Raw Speed: Gladiator.

-Combat Speed: Gladiator.

-Durability: Thor.

-Damage Soak: Thor, no contest.

-Combat Smarts: Wash generally.

-Greats Hyperbolic Statement: Thor

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/ComeatmeBro.jpg

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
Give me 4 hours and I will start by posting a scan...I'm at work. Rage can either match it or surpass it...doesn't matter. alright. thumb up

Colossus-Big C
-Strength. Gladiator

-Striking Power( with Mjolnir ) Thor

-Striking Power(without Mjolnir) Gladiator

-Blasting Power Thor no contest

-Raw Speed Gladiator no contest

-Combat Speed Gladiator no contest

-Durability Gladiator he took a full blast from vulcan without even flinching and no damage what so ever.

-Damage Soak thor because of his hammer

-Combat Smarts Thor

Thor wins 6/10

dmills
-Strength- Thor

-Striking Power( with Mjolnir )-Thor

-Striking Power(without Mjolnir)- glads

-Blasting Power-Thor

-Raw Speed- glads

-Combat Speed-glads

-Durability-wash

-Damage Soak- Thor

-Combat Smarts-Thor

-Greats Hyperbolic Statement- ???

Rage.Of.Olympus
Strength - Even mostly. Thor's beyond him when we consider stuff like Warrior Madness.

Striking Power (With Mjolnir ) - Thor.

Striking Power (Without Mjolnir) - Even mostly.

Blasting Power - Thor.

Raw Speed - Gladiator. If this means flight speed, then they're even probably, both can fly many times faster than light so ultimately irrelevant.

Combat Speed - Gladiator.

Durability - Even mostly.

Damage Soak - Edge to Thor.

Combat Smarts - Even mostly, edge to Thor because his proven to be very resourceful. Still, considering the scope of Thor's abilities and what he doesn't use Gladiator should win by default but that's a flawed assessment imo.

Great Hyperbolic Statements - Thor.

Keep in mind that all of these answers are likely to change when idiots come in and start lowballing Thor while simultaneously stroking Gladiator. When that happens, I'll have no choice but to use the Odinson's best.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
-Strength. Gladiator

-Striking Power( with Mjolnir ) Thor

-Striking Power(without Mjolnir) Gladiator

-Blasting Power Thor no contest

-Raw Speed Gladiator no contest

-Combat Speed Gladiator no contest

-Durability Gladiator he took a full blast from vulcan without even flinching and no damage what so ever.

-Damage Soak thor because of his hammer

-Combat Smarts Thor

Thor wins 6/10

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

And Thor has taken blasts from Surfer etc. without damage.

If we start comparing energy durability feats, Thor would win, his tanked attacks from Skyfather level entities and above etc. I think putting them as even is the most fair assessment as on average, they'd be peers physically.

If someone had to pick a winner based on feats, Thor should be the answer. Tbf, in the past, Gladiator was more invulnerable but even that might not be the case anymore.

zopzop
Fail thread.

A-list character with his own comic and 40+ years of history plus countless guest appearances vs second string Superman clone with no comic of his own and only a handful of appearances since his creation.

Thor wins.

carver9
Gladiator didn't have a scratch after being hit head on from an attack that had enough power to shed a solar system. Nova bounced off Gladiator chest like he was a twig. Gladiator flew through Binary blast. You know, the same Binary that made a Sun go Super Nova. Gladiator stood in one spot and withstood an attack from a Centurian without even flinching. Gladiator laughed at human torch going Nova on him. Gladiator withstood a beating from Tyrant which included a full powered eye blast. Gladiator swam through stars. A blast from Masterson bounced off his chest like it was being shot from Jubilee.

Gladiator durability is more impressive if we use "average" showings.

Damborgson
Originally posted by zopzop
Fail thread.

A-list character with his own comic and 40+ years of history plus countless guest appearances vs second string Superman clone with no comic of his own and only a handful of appearances since his creation.

Thor wins.

erm oh yeah who would ever consider arguing about this? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t556976.html

Kids these days. glare

JakeTheBank
Gladiator having limited appearances doesn't give him an excuse as to why he's not "as good" as Thor. He had plenty of instances and showings and opportunities to prove where he stands in the Marvel hierarchy, whether he has to be in an ongoing or not. And he's proved exactly where he stands and it's not on the same level as Thor.

There's plenty of people with limited showings and comics out there as compared to Thor and they've got the stuff to justify beating him in a fight.

Damborgson
By that logic characters with substantially less Showings than Thor ,like Thanos, would lose 10/10 to him. Considering Thor's top feats are>Thanos'. Unaided of course.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator didn't have a scratch after being hit head on from an attack that had enough power to shed a solar system.

Half a System, don't intend to be nitpicking, it's just a major difference.

Gladiator flew through Binary blast. You know, the same Binary that made a Sun go Super Nova.

When did this happen? She was able to stabilize our Sun by opening up a white hole to eat up the corrupting anti-matter but the process nearly burned her out.

I'm just curious. That binary feat was one of his best showings, although I don't think she was at a 100% due to powering up the ship. Need to double check that.

Gladiator withstood a beating from Tyrant which included a full powered eye blast.

Now you're going too far. He didn't withstand the beating, he was knocked the f*cked out in two attacks:
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7757/silversurferv3082271obpo5.jpg

What on Earth makes you think that blast contained all the power that Tyrant could produce?

Gladiator swam through stars.

The one time I've seen him swim through a Star, it pushed his invulnerability to the limit and he was in extreme pain, not the best example to use as Thor has been in a similar environment without any discomfort.

A blast from Masterson bounced off his chest like it was being shot from Jubilee.

It should be noted that Gladiator was hurt, Masterson had serious problems controlling Mjolnir's energy projection around that time.

Gladiator durability is more impressive if we use "average" showings.

Not really.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Gladiator having limited appearances doesn't give him an excuse as to why he's not "as good" as Thor. He had plenty of instances and showings and opportunities to prove where he stands in the Marvel hierarchy, whether he has to be in an ongoing or not. And he's proved exactly where he stands and it's not on the same level as Thor.

There's plenty of people with limited showings and comics out there as compared to Thor and they've got the stuff to justify beating him in a fight. gladiator has been shown to be superior to juggernaut where thor has been at best equal/or inferior to juggernaut...hence glad is more durable and stronger than thor

thor still may be more powerful overall due to Mjolnir though

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Starscream M
gladiator has been shown to be superior to juggernaut where thor has been at best equal/or inferior to juggernaut...hence glad is more durable and stronger than thor

thor still may be more powerful overall due to Mjolnir though

How are people expected to have a discussion when such trolling is going on?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
How are people expected to have a discussion when such trolling is going on? stop namecalling

thor has never demonstrated superior strength or durability to shrug off jugg's blows as gladiator has. those are areas of gladiator has an advantage over thor...thor has an advantage in others, magic, energy, etc.

Damborgson
stop namecalling

thor has never demonstrated superior strength or durability to shrug off jugg's blows as gladiator has. those are areas of gladiator has an advantage over thor...thor has an advantage in others, magic, energy, etc. Its only canon comic feats. No non canon cartoons.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Damborgson
Its only canon comic feats. No non canon cartoons. I still think we can use those as evidence indicative of characters, the cartoon did not distort characters according to my knowledge. But you're the thread creator, so I will respect your wishes.

Damborgson
I still think we can use those as evidence indicative of characters, the cartoon did not distort characters according to my knowledge. But you're the thread creator, so I will respect your wishes. Thank you. thumb up

Starscream M
Categories-

-Strength - Gladiator

-Striking Power( with Mjolnir ) - Thor

-Striking Power(without Mjolnir) - Gladiator

-Blasting Power - Thor

-Raw Speed - Gladiator

-Combat Speed - Gladiator

-Durability - Gladiator

-Damage Soak - Thor

-Combat Smarts - Thor

-Greats Hyperbolic Statement - Thor

Who wins?? Thor

Silent Master
I still think we can use those as evidence indicative of characters, the cartoon did not distort characters according to my knowledge. But you're the thread creator, so I will respect your wishes.

It's not a matter of respecting the OP wishes...From the forum rules thread.

"Also, we insist that all claims be backed up by evidence from canon sources. If you claim that Spiderman is stronger than Superman, then you have to prove it".

Non-canon feats have never been ok to use.

Rage.Of.Olympus
stop namecalling

thor has never demonstrated superior strength or durability to shrug off jugg's blows as gladiator has. those are areas of gladiator has an advantage over thor...thor has an advantage in others, magic, energy, etc.

Then stop trolling.

How can you possibly reference an X-men cartoon as your evidence and expected to be taken seriously? That shit doesn't count, I know for a fact that you know this and yet here we are.

Also, Thor one shots Juggernaut:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/ThorJuggernaut1.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/ThorJuggernaut2.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/ThorJuggernaut3.jpg

Beats Hercules/Ares to death:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/Non%20Cannon/KillsAresHercules.jpg

Kills an alternate Silver Surfer:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/Non%20Cannon/KillsHerald1.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/Non%20Cannon/KillsHerald2.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/Non%20Cannon/KillsHerald3.jpg

Snaps the neck of the Hulk:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthorwhatiffight1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthorwhatiffight2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthorwhatiffight3.jpg

Guess those count as well? Especially since they should hold more weight than a cartoon.

Damborgson

Beats Hercules/Ares to death:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/R-O-O/Thor/Non%20Cannon/KillsAresHercules.jpg

thats all there was to the fight? erm Still badass pic though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
thats all there was to the fight? erm Still badass pic though.

Sorry?

Starscream M

what was the context to this? was this canon? was juggernaut weakened somehow? as this seems like major PIS

Damborgson
Sorry? no, im just asking if there was more to the fight? Or is that all there was to it?

Rage.Of.Olympus
what was the context to this?

No context. They charge at each other, and Thor knocks him the f*ck out.

was this canon?

It wasn't part of the Adventures line but it wasn't associated with the mainstream comics either. It might have been one of those one shots written for the military I think.

It's at best a semi cannon, self contained comic.

was juggernaut weakened somehow?

Nope.

as this seems like major PIS

Don't care what you think.

Rage.Of.Olympus
no, im just asking if there was more to the fight? Or is that all there was to it?

That was it unfortunately. He beats them to death off panel.

Starscream M

It wasn't part of the Adventures line but it wasn't associated with the mainstream comics either. It might have been one of those one shots written for the military I think.
lol so you bash me for trolling for using noncanon and then you have the gall to in the very next post use noncanon to support your position...erm

Rage.Of.Olympus
lol so you bash me for trolling for using noncanon and then you have the gall to in the very next post use noncanon to support your position...erm

Not sure if serious.

I consider all of those scans invalid in a debate, I posted them purely because you count non cannon shit and wanted to see how far you'd go with this stance.

You still haven't answered my question, do you count those showings, yes or no?

Starscream M

You still haven't answered my question, do you count those showings, yes or no? I don't know enough about them to determine...

and aside from the juggernaut incident, the others are all plausible so I wouldn't mind them. the juggernaut one is implausible because it dismisses juggernaut's powers.

carver9
Half a System, don't intend to be nitpicking, it's just a major difference.

When did this happen? She was able to stabilize our Sun by opening up a white hole to eat up the corrupting anti-matter but the process nearly burned her out.

I'm just curious. That binary feat was one of his best showings, although I don't think she was at a 100% due to powering up the ship. Need to double check that.

Now you're going too far. He didn't withstand the beating, he was knocked the f*cked out in two attacks:

What on Earth makes you think that blast contained all the power that Tyrant could produce?

The one time I've seen him swim through a Star, it pushed his invulnerability to the limit and he was in extreme pain, not the best example to use as Thor has been in a similar environment without any discomfort.

It should be noted that Gladiator was hurt, Masterson had serious problems controlling Mjolnir's energy projection around that time.

Not really.

You are correct...half of a solar system. Still pretty uber and probably unmatched.

She powered a ship and had time to heal afterwards. There wasn't anything stated "during the fight" that made me think she was weakened.

It took more than two hits from Tyrant. You are missing a piece of the fight.

It probably wasn't the full power of Tyrant but it had to be a big piece of his power since Gladiator vision did temporarily stalemate his. He had to up the power to over power Gladiator eye blast.

That wasn't a regular star Gladiator was swimming through.

Masterson Thor power bounced off of Gladiator which is the key. Can't say the same would have happened to Thor. I don't think Thor would have fared so well against Vulcan attack like Gladiator ran through it as well.

Don't think Thor could split a Centurian in half like Gladiator did or one shot a Phoenix like Gladiator did as well.

ozz81
You are correct...half of a solar system. Still pretty uber and probably unmatched.

She powered a ship and had time to heal afterwards. There wasn't anything stated "during the fight" that made me think she was weakened.

It probably wasn't the full power of Tyrant but it had to be a big piece of his power since Gladiator vision did temporarily stalemate his. He had to up the power to over power Gladiator eye blast.

Masterson Thor power bounced off of Gladiator which is the key. Can't say the same would have happened to Thor. I don't think Thor would have fared so well against Vulcan attack like Gladiator ran through it as well.

Don't think Thor could split a Centurian in half like Gladiator did or one shot a Phoenix like Gladiator did as well.

How did glads one shot phoenix or what actually happened in that particular fight or battle?

carver9
Originally posted by ozz81
How did glads one shot phoenix or what actually happened in that particular fight or battle?

He one shotted Korvak who had half of the Phoenix force stored in him. He also punched Korvaks brother head off who wielded the entire Phoenix force.

gogogadgetgo

ahahahah! OMG! I dont know what to say...you are so damn stupid! you make carver look like a genius! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!what an Idiot.

zeel
Meh. Instead of making a BZ and not having people show up or make up excuses for either side I decided to just make it a VS thread. If someone makes the BZ down the line then thats fine.

Categories-

-Strength= glads by a VERY slight margin

-Striking Power( with Mjolnir )=Thor no contest

-Striking Power(without Mjolnir)= edge to glads

-Blasting Power= thor no contest

-Raw Speed= glads

-Combat Speed=glads

-Durability=very small edge to glads

-Damage Soak=Thor

-Combat Smarts=Thor

-Greats Hyperbolic Statement= Thor

Who wins??

-Pr-
He one shotted Korvak who had half of the Phoenix force stored in him. He also punched Korvaks brother head off who wielded the entire Phoenix force.

Which means nothing, really.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
Which means nothing, really. how so?

Silent Master
how so?

My guess would be because they lack any impressive durability feats.

dmills
Nova bounced off Gladiator chest like he was a twig.

I'm being a fanboy here, but can you please stop with that. A Nova that was just getting accustomed to his new power level and fighting nowhere close to his Max power. A similar situation for the record, but with the juice turned up a notch...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1322930251015.jpg

Now picture Glads taking it, instead of the Sphinx who is, you know, like skyfather level and shyte.

Sorry to interupt, I just had to get that off of my chest. OK gents you may continue on angel

carver9
Originally posted by dmills
I'm being a fanboy here, but can you please stop with that. A Nova that was just getting accustomed to his new power level and fighting nowhere close to his Max power. A similar situation for the record, but with the juice turned up a notch...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1322930251015.jpg

Now picture Glads taking it, instead of the Sphinx who is, you know, like skyfather level and shyte.

Sorry to interupt, I just had to get that off of my chest. OK gents you may continue on angel

Nova was surprised (and damaged) after running into Gladiator chest...he was bleeding from the mouth.

Lol...Sphinx jobs all the time. Let's not forget, Black Bolt beat him as well. Sphinx is no skyfather.

leonidas
I'm being a fanboy here, but can you please stop with that.

it's what he does. it's infinitely more bearable if you use your ignore button. i'm always amazed anyone has patience to respond to him anymore when everyone knows what he's like. laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus

Maybe by mid heralds.

There wasn't anything stated during the fight that indicated her power level. I'm not sure how long she had to recover without re-reading the comic and I don't trust your word. Whatever, it doesn't really matter, I won't double check.

No, he was two shot like everyone else:
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9683/silversurferv3082205rcnw3.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3262/silversurferv3082223oaip3.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4162/silversurferv3082263dagi9.jpg

Maybe another attack happened off panel.

There's absolutely no indication that it was the full power of Tyrant. His eye blast overpowering Gladiator's doesn't mean that theory is supported. I'm a patient guy, but common. If I made interpretations like this, Thor would be unstoppable based on my posts.

Where was it shown that Tyrant had to "power up" to overcome Gladiator's heat vision?

What part of the comic in anyway indicates that this Star was special in some way?

For the record, I have the comic, so I know there's no such evidence.

You're a grown man, and you aren't mentally stunted -I hope- there's no excuse for the arguments you post.

The key to what? Thor is more than capable of tanking such an attack unharmed.

You wanting something to be true doesn't mean it is.

Scans or issue number.

dmills
Nova was surprised (and damaged) after running into Gladiator chest...he was bleeding from the mouth.

Lol...Sphinx jobs all the time. Let's not forget, Black Bolt beat him as well. Sphinx is no skyfather.

Jobbing has jack to do with his power level. Nice attempt at subterfuge though.

BB beat classic Sphinx. And as was later pointed out, Sphinx would've crushed him easily had he not be caught off guard.

eek!

Your ignorance of the Sphinx has made it dawn on me that dude needs a respect thread. Zop you down?

Oh and just for the lulz...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1322934016521.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1322934027769.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1322934184001.jpg

And that's the Lady Sphinx that tooled your boy Banner. She's less powerful then the real deal who later showed up and took back his shyte lol.

dmills
Originally posted by leonidas
it's what he does. it's infinitely more bearable if you use your ignore button. i'm always amazed anyone has patience to respond to him anymore when everyone knows what he's like. laughing out loud

laughing out loud Nah, Carver is a good dude man. Just a bit... Well, you know.

Rage.Of.Olympus

no expression

Are you referring to Korvus, who had an "infinitesimal" fraction of the Phoenix Force stored in his sword? Besides that, his just a regular Shi'ar and I'm assuming he has some enhanced stats from the sword since he survived attacks from Gladiator but they're minor. I'm pretty sure a small explosion in space knocked him the hell out etc.

It such be noted that Gladiator sucker punches Korvus both times when he was distracted in battle. He dive bombs him the first time. Later on, Korvus drops Gladiator with a blast, and while his attacked by Vulcan IIRC, Gladiator kicks him down. I'm not sure about the first time, but he definitely didn't one shot him in the second encounter, Korvus was down maybe momentarily.

His brother was already defeated and broken by the Imperial Guard.

This shit is so misleading that it should be reported.

Which means nothing, really.

Word.

dmills
no expression

Are you referring to Korvus, who had an "infinitesimal" fraction of the Phoenix Force stored in his sword? Besides that, his just a regular Shi'ar and I'm assuming he has some enhanced stats from the sword since he survived attacks from Gladiator but they're minor. I'm pretty sure a small explosion in space knocked him the hell out etc.

It such be noted that Gladiator sucker punches Korvus both times when he was distracted in battle. He dive bombs him the first time. Later on, Korvus drops Gladiator with a blast, and while his attacked by Vulcan IIRC, Gladiator kicks him down. I'm not sure about the first time, but he definitely didn't one shot him in the second encounter, Korvus was down maybe momentarily.

Word.

Korvus got embarrassed by Darkhawk iirc. Let me see if I can find it.

gogogadgetgo
laughing out loud Nah, Carver is a good dude man. Just a bit... Well, you know.

yup, I now see Carver in a whole new light... compared to S********* and h*** Carver is like a ray of light laughing

Sr J-Bieb
Carver is trying to refer to the mostly/largely/completely off panel battle of Korvus' ancestor where Gladiator is shown punching his head off when he's defeated.
And then it looks like he confused the shit out of himself.

Either way, Thor beat Rachel on panel.

-Pr-
how so?

Because he wasn't a Phoenix like Jean. It's just a title. It's like saying the average Bob Kryptonian should be as powerful as Superman.

And the durability thing.

Sr J-Bieb

BB beat classic Sphinx. And as was later pointed out, Sphinx would've crushed him easily had he not be caught off guard.

eek!

Your ignorance of the Sphinx has made it dawn on me that dude needs a respect thread. Zop you down?

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1322934016521.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1322934027769.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_1322934184001.jpg

And that's the Lady Sphinx that tooled your boy Banner. She's less powerful then the real deal who later showed up and took back his shyte lol. What'd Juggernaut do in that arc?

dmills
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Darkhawk/War-of-Kings---Ascension-04-pg--04.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Darkhawk/War-of-Kings---Ascension-04-pg--05.jpg

The Korvus Darkhawk scuffle. That's actually it gentlemen. My apologies as I thought that I remembered there being a little more to it. On one hand he doesnt seem to be anything to build a feat rep off of, but on the other it wouldn't be the first time that we've seen a supposedly powerful character embarrassed by a meta in a flash showing, so take it however you will for what its worth.

dmills
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
What'd Juggernaut do in that arc?

He was basically the tank for his team. Walked through barriers that would kill most beings or some such. He spent a lot of time fighting Horus, who was the muscle for the Sphinx's forces in place of Thor.

Sr J-Bieb
He was basically the tank for his team. Walked through barriers that would kill most beings or some such. He spent a lot of time fighting Horus, who was the muscle for the Sphinx's forces in place of Thor. Interesting

Issues?

dmills
Interesting

Issues?

Check your pm when you get a chance.

carver9
no expression

Word.

I'm referring to this scene.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/5052/52420613mg3.th.jpghttp://img116.imageshack.us/img116/6796/77372460ou2.th.jpg

Gladiator owns both Rachel and Korv in 3 panels. By the way, Korvus power reading via Shiar files were off the charts. He was using the Phoenix force...both were.

carver9

eek!

And that's the Lady Sphinx that tooled your boy Banner. She's less powerful then the real deal who later showed up and took back his shyte lol.

Da** my boy Hulk got messed up. You didn't have to post that dmills...that's messed up.

Dmills, my point in bring Gladiator up is to show Gladiator durability. It's not a low showing for Rich involving him bouncing off of Gladiators chest like that since we all know Rich is a top tier...it just shows you how durable Gladiator is.

-Pr-

Gladiator owns both Rachel and Korv in 3 panels. By the way, Korvus power reading via Shiar files were off the charts. He was using the Phoenix force...both were.

A tiny fraction of the phoenix force that was contained within the sword, iirc.

Not exactly a quantifiable high feat, there.

carver9
A tiny fraction of the phoenix force that was contained within the sword, iirc.

Not exactly a quantifiable high feat, there.

Why not? They were using the power. It's insane to assume he wasn't using a power he had at his disposal and didn't one of the brother possess the full Phoenix force?

-Pr-
Why not? They were using the power. It's insane to assume he wasn't using a power he had at his disposal and didn't one of the brother possess the full Phoenix force?

You can't quantify how much of the Pheonix force they were using, or if they even knew how to tap it. It's not like Jean, where they were host to the Phoenix entity; we're talking about a completely different set of circumstances.

carver9
You can't quantify how much of the Pheonix force they were using, or if they even knew how to tap it. It's not like Jean, where they were host to the Phoenix entity; we're talking about a completely different set of circumstances.

I agree to a certain extent. The sword was forged to contain the Phoenix Force and kept it in control...they were able to tap into this power but like you said, we don't know how much they were dipping in to. Just a small piece still make it a high showing since an inexperience Phoenix was able to stalemate/beat Galactus.

-Pr-
I agree to a certain extent. The sword was forged to contain the Phoenix Force and kept it in control...they were able to tap into this power but like you said, we don't know how much they were dipping in to. Just a small piece still make it a high showing since an inexperience Phoenix was able to stalemate/beat Galactus.

I don't see how, when an inexperienced Phoenix would still be infinitely more times powerful.

It's like smothering a Kryptonian baby in their crib and then saying you beat a creature as powerful as Superman.

JakeTheBank
It's like smothering a Kryptonian baby in their crib and then saying you beat a creature as powerful as Superman.

Morbid as phuck. But I laughed.

carver9
I don't see how, when an inexperienced Phoenix would still be infinitely more times powerful.

I would put them around low Herald imo. I get what you are saying and I agree if it wasn't stated on panel how powerful they were.

-Pr-
Morbid as phuck. But I laughed.

laughing out loud

I would put them around low Herald imo. I get what you are saying and I agree if it wasn't stated on panel how powerful they were.

So if they were low herald, he beat a couple of characters (with help) weaker than him. Okay...

Sr J-Bieb
Actually only stalemated Rachel

-Pr-
Actually only stalemated Rachel

Was talking about the brothers.

Sr J-Bieb
Was talking about the brothers. I'm pretty sure Carver was talking about Rachel... since he left out the scans of her fighting back

-Pr-
I'm pretty sure Carver was talking about Rachel... since he left out the scans of her fighting back

I was just responding to his points about the brothers, not Rachel. Either way, it's like it's some uber feat for Glads.

Sr J-Bieb
I was just responding to his points about the brothers, not Rachel. Either way, it's like it's some uber feat for Glads. You guys are confusing me with 'brothers'.

Are you talking about Rook'shir? Who existed way before Korvus, and actually had the Phoenix Force?

-Pr-
You guys are confusing me with 'brothers'.

Are you talking about Rook'shir? Who existed way before Korvus, and actually had the Phoenix Force?

Yeah, sorry for the bad wording.

dmills
Da** my boy Hulk got messed up. You didn't have to post that dmills...that's messed up.

Dmills, my point in bring Gladiator up is to show Gladiator durability. It's not a low showing for Rich involving him bouncing off of Gladiators chest like that since we all know Rich is a top tier...it just shows you how durable Gladiator is. We're good. Feel free to use the feat. I'm just stating for the record that that wasn't Nova anywhere near his best. Besides, I've had to work damn hard to get ppl to look at Rider as a solid mid herald. Some even as a hh. I can't be having images of him running around bouncing off of peoples chests! What are you trying to do to me man? laughing out loud

Sr J-Bieb
Yeah, sorry for the bad wording. All this proves is that carver has no idea what he's talking about.

Guy thinks they're brothers, and he thinks the sword powered Rook... 2 page Phoenix Forcer. Oh, and he thought his name was Korvak...

Basically Carver, the Guard somehow took out Rook'shir (who only focused his power through the sword), and then Gladiator head punched him, and a tiny remnant of his power stayed in his sword that only descendants could use. Which was Korvus, and that guy was a pussy.

The all off panel fight against the Phoenix user is pretty much Gladiator's/The Imperial Guard's best feat. Which, quite frankly, is sad.

dmills
All this proves is that carver has no idea what he's talking about.

Guy thinks they're brothers, and he thinks the sword powered Rook... 2 page Phoenix Forcer. Oh, and he thought his name was Korvak...

Basically Carver, the Guard somehow took out Rook'shir (who only focused his power through the sword), and then Gladiator head punched him, and a tiny remnant of his power stayed in his sword that only descendants could use. Which was Korvus, and that guy was a pussy.

The all off panel fight against the Phoenix user is pretty much Gladiator's/The Imperial Guard's best feat. Which, quite frankly, is sad. Ouch.

-Pr-
All this proves is that carver has no idea what he's talking about.

The all off panel fight against the Phoenix user is pretty much Gladiator's/The Imperial Guard's best feat. Which, quite frankly, is sad.

Still can't believe I spent actual money on that comic.

Sr J-Bieb
Still can't believe I spent actual money on that comic. Meh, the arc wasn't too bad IMO. Average to decent.

Oh ya, I forgot Vulcan was your favorite character. stick out tongue
I bet you wish you were Carver and had absolutely no idea what happened at all in that arc.

-Pr-
Meh, the arc wasn't too bad IMO. Average to decent.

Oh ya, I forgot Vulcan was your favorite character. stick out tongue
I bet you wish you were Carver and had absolutely no idea what happened at all in that arc.

You know, when you put it like that...

psycho gundam
carver's taking another "L"

h1a8

Categories-
Who wins??
-Strength=gladiator bc of planet busting feat

-Striking Power( with Mjolnir )=Glads bc of planet busting feat

-Striking Power(without Mjolnir)=Glads bc of planet busting feat

-Blasting Power=Thor

-Raw Speed=Glads

-Combat Speed=Glads

-Durability=Tie

-Damage Soak=Thor

-Combat Smarts=Thor

-Greats Hyperbolic Statement=Thor

Sr J-Bieb
If you thought Carver didn't read comics... well, you'd be right, but...

Not sure where I was going with that, but h1 has even less idea of what goes on there than Carver if that's possible

-Pr-
Nice to know an unquantified planet busting feat somehow makes Gladiator stronger than Thor.

psycho gundam
well, it makes him stronger than superman http://i54.tinypic.com/2ymgaq1.gif

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam

laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8

-Blasting Power=Thor

-Raw Speed=Glads

-Combat Speed=Glads

-Durability=Tie

-Damage Soak=Thor

-Combat Smarts=Thor

no expression

The Sorrow

eek!

IIRC the Hulk and some of the other characters were not from 616 reality.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I know exactly what scene you're referring. Your post was still so misleading that I have trouble believing you actually read the comics.

I guess sucker punching an enhanced Shi'ar and Human is......cool? I don't know what word to use as it's certainly not impressive compared to Thor's record. The fact that he can't fully knock out either Korvus or Rachel is probably a bit sad.

The only thing special about Korvus is that his sword possessed an infinitesimal part of the Phoenix force:
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/5606/uncannyxmen479003nu0.th.jpg

Besides that, he had some low level superhuman stats.

Also, Gladiator doesn't fair very well when the tables are turned:
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6398/uncannyxmen48610.th.jpghttp://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2569/uncannyxmen48611e.th.jpg

He can't beat Rachel straight up either:
http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/4144/xmenemperorvulcan05thes.th.jpghttp://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4144/xmenemperorvulcan05thes.th.jpghttp://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4144/xmenemperorvulcan05thes.th.jpghttp://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4144/xmenemperorvulcan05thes.th.jpg

Something I'd like to remind people Thor has done.

I haven't even posted any Thor feats yet and Gladiator already looks bad. Thor wins this shit by default.

DARTH POWER

LOL Wow that must of been one huge indestructible piece of rock

Rage.Of.Olympus

-Blasting Power=Thor

-Raw Speed=Glads

-Combat Speed=Glads

-Durability=Tie

-Damage Soak=Thor

-Combat Smarts=Thor

So Gladiator is stronger and can hit harder because in your opinion he has the superior strength feat.

Yet Thor is equal to Gladiator in durability despite having far more impressive durability showings.

Thor also has superior strength showings.

The definition of double standards.

Lol at Gladiator having superior striking power to Thor with Mjolnir. I'd certainly like to see you argue that.

Beta Ray Bill alone one shotted a planet indirectly by hitting Stardust. Gladiator on the other hand took 4 direct hits to achieve the same level of destruction. I mention Bill because you seem to have a hard on for planetary bodies for some reason, Thor has far superior showings to planet smashing.

carver9
I know exactly what scene you're referring. Your post was still so misleading that I have trouble believing you actually read the comics.

I guess sucker punching an enhanced Shi'ar and Human is......cool? I don't know what word to use as it's certainly not impressive compared to Thor's record. The fact that he can't fully knock out either Korvus or Rachel is probably a bit sad.

The only thing special about Korvus is that his sword possessed an infinitesimal part of the Phoenix force:
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/5606/uncannyxmen479003nu0.th.jpg

Besides that, he had some low level superhuman stats.

Also, Gladiator doesn't fair very well when the tables are turned:
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6398/uncannyxmen48610.th.jpghttp://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2569/uncannyxmen48611e.th.jpg

He can't beat Rachel straight up either:
http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/4144/xmenemperorvulcan05thes.th.jpghttp://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4144/xmenemperorvulcan05thes.th.jpghttp://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4144/xmenemperorvulcan05thes.th.jpghttp://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4144/xmenemperorvulcan05thes.th.jpg

Something I'd like to remind people Thor has done.

I haven't even posted any Thor feats yet and Gladiator already looks bad. Thor wins this shit by default.

I guess you still don't know the scene I am talking about because if you did...you wouldn't be downplaying it right now.

As for your post involving Rachel...lol. That was a highlighting moment for Rachel and she gets a punch in and you are satisfied...WTF. Their encounters throughout the War didn't go so well for her...look at their next encounter.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2394/50988699.th.jpg http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2844/71744606.th.jpg

She wasn't a challenge for him. She got one shotted TWICE.

Thor beat Rachel by redirecting her attack via Mjlonir. He didn't physically take her on like Gladiator did and he sure as hell didn't one shot her twice like Gladiator did.

Lol at you using Korvus backstabbing Gladiator with the Force as some type of legit argument. Gladiator owned him twice as well.

Your scans failed Rage. Get yow game up

carver9
So Gladiator is stronger and can hit harder because in your opinion he has the superior strength feat.

Yet Thor is equal to Gladiator in durability despite having far more impressive durability showings.

Thor also has superior strength showings.

The definition of double standards.

Lol at Gladiator having superior striking power to Thor with Mjolnir. I'd certainly like to see you argue that.

Beta Ray Bill alone one shotted a planet indirectly by hitting Stardust. Gladiator on the other hand took 4 direct hits to achieve the same level of destruction. I mention Bill because you seem to have a hard on for planetary bodies for some reason, Thor has far superior showings to planet smashing.

All of this is a lie.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I guess you still don't know the scene I am talking about because if you did...you wouldn't be downplaying it right now.

I honestly don't even know what you're talking about at this point. How can I be downplaying a scene that I don't know about?

After Gladiator gets punked, he gets a kick in after Vulcan attacks Korvus and retreats:
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6789/uncannyxmen48618.th.jpghttp://img812.imageshack.us/img812/6933/uncannyxmen48619.th.jpg

Is that what you're referring to? I left that out because Gladiator not being able to even stun Korvus with a kick is a pretty shitty showing of strength. Not very impressive at all.

As for your post involving Rachel...lol. That was a highlighting moment for Rachel and she gets a punch in and you are satisfied...WTF. Their encounters throughout the War didn't go so well for her...look at their next encounter.

erm

Gladiator couldn't beat Rachel in a straight up fight, that's my point. Being able to sucker punch someone who at best has low level superhuman base stats is hardly impressive. The fact that you're harping on that scene so much is actually very telling.

Gladiator's really short on feats isn't he?

She wasn't a challenge for him. She got one shotted TWICE.

First of all, Rachel didn't have her portion of the Phoenix Force at that point and was noticeably depowered. Second of all, being able to momentarily down Rachel is not particularly impressive.

Thor one shots Korvac's wife, who possesses all of his cosmic might:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Ironboy/dd/Avengers177-16.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Ironboy/dd/Avengers177-17.jpg

Notice how I don't use that scene as evidence that Thor can kill Cosmic Beings? Apply some common sense.

Thor beat Rachel by redirecting her attack via Mjlonir. He didn't physically take her on like Gladiator did and he sure as hell didn't one shot her twice like Gladiator did.

This:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsRachelPhoenix2.jpg

Is much more impressive than sucker punching Rachel and then blitzing her when she was deprived of the force.

I don't like nitpicking feats, but I'm not going to sit here and let you turn them into something they're not.

Lol at you using Korvus backstabbing Gladiator with the Force as some type of legit argument. Gladiator owned him twice as well.

I wasn't trying to make any argument. I was pointing out that anyone can be sucker punched and when the tables are turned, it hardly goes well for Gladiator.

I find it really sad that you are so obsessed with Gladiator being able to temporarily down low level superhumans.

Your scans failed Rage. Get yow game up

Uhuh.

Later on today, I'll get to posting some of Thor's feats. If you think Gladiator looks bad now, wait until his compared to Thor's far superior combat record.

DARTH POWER

This:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/DefeatsRachelPhoenix2.jpg

Is much more impressive than sucker punching Rachel and then blitzing her when she was deprived of the force.

Yep Thor actually says her power is nothing compared with his. And the narrator also says Thor was already groggy when she attacked.

dmills
Originally posted by The Sorrow
IIRC the Hulk and some of the other characters were not from 616 reality.

They were all from 616 reality. The Sphinx altered things to reflect her vision of the world, but after she was defeated she returned it all to normal. The heroes all had faint memories of the event. Exactly like what happened during the Infinity Gauntlet when Thanos killed a bunch of heroes, and then Nebula turned it all back to normal when she got a hold of the gauntlet.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Fail thread.

Thor wins.

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

h1a8

Actually it takes a lot less force to bust a planet than to greatly accelerate it. So Superman still is a lot stronger than Glads.

h1a8
Nice to know an unquantified planet busting feat somehow makes Gladiator stronger than Thor.

It's lower bound quantifiable since it has a minimum force needed to achieve the feat. The minimum force can be calculated by assuming it is the smallest planet possible to support an atmosphere (Mars size) and to calculate the energy needed to overcome the gravitational energy and divide that by say 4 punches. Thor would need his hammer to achieve such a feat. Even with the hammer I'm not sure that Thor at his best could achieve that feat.

TheLordofMurder
It's lower bound quantifiable since it has a minimum force needed to achieve the feat. The minimum force can be calculated by assuming it is the smallest planet possible to support an atmosphere (Mars size) and to calculate the energy needed to overcome the gravitational energy and divide that by say 4 punches. Thor would need his hammer to achieve such a feat. Even with the hammer I'm not sure that Thor at his best could achieve that feat.

Red Alert; physics background detects a failure in the quoted field and must respond to the error immediately (off topic):

Mars in NOT the smallest planet possible capable of supporting an atmosphere (even the dwarf planet Pluto supports a tenuous atmosphere); there are even moons in our very solar system less massive than Mars that support atmospheres...

A powerful, global, magnetic field is far more important than mass when it comes to supporting an atmosphere; if a world lacks the ability to fend off a stars solar wind, it will eventually be completely stripped of its atmosphere regardless of the mass it possesses...

Mindship
Strength - Even mostly. Thor's beyond him when we consider stuff like Warrior Madness. Given how WM Thor handled other herald-level characters, I suspect he would demolish Gladiator.

h1a8
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Red Alert; physics background detects a failure in the quoted field and must respond to the error immediately (off topic):

Mars in NOT the smallest planet possible capable of supporting an atmosphere (even the dwarf planet Pluto supports a tenuous atmosphere); there are even moons in our very solar system less massive than Mars that support atmospheres...

A powerful, global, magnetic field is far more important than mass when it comes to supporting an atmosphere; if a world lacks the ability to fend off a stars solar wind, it will eventually be completely stripped of its atmosphere regardless of the mass it possesses...

We are referring to a thick and visible atmosphere as the panel shows. It was at least Mars size minimum.

And false, to your solar wind theory. Mars has basically no magnetic field as well as Venus. The solar wind has been stripping them for billions of years (in the case of Venus it has been swapping gases with ionized particles).

DARTH POWER
Actually it takes a lot less force to bust a planet than to greatly accelerate it. So Superman still is a lot stronger than Glads.

You're saying it would be easier to smash up a planet than to move one??

How did you work that out?!

Edit: Oh no, Iv just asked for another one of his calculations haven't I??

h1a8
Also you must go by writer's intentions. Clearly the feat only happened in the mind of the writer. The writer wasn't thinking of some small ass moon but a planet similar in size of the Earth.

h1a8
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
You're saying it would be easier to smash up a planet than to move one??

How did you work that out?!

Edit: Oh no, Iv just asked for another one of his calculations haven't I?? No you can move one with 10lb of force provided you push against something not connected to the planet (like having flight) and that you push for a mighty long time.

Silent Master
Also you must go by writer's intentions. Clearly the feat only happened in the mind of the writer. The writer wasn't thinking of some small ass moon but a planet similar in size of the Earth.

I didn't know that you had telepathy.

Sr J-Bieb
No you can move one with 10lb of force provided you push against something not connected to the planet (like having flight) and that you push for a mighty long time. Does that mean you can destroy a planet with 10 pounds of force too?

gogogadgetgo

really now? hows about a small scale experiment. lets all get a bowling ball and see which is easier. moving it or busting it...

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
really now? hows about a small scale experiment. lets all get a bowling ball and see which is easier. moving it or busting it...

We have to take account for gravity, so you pull it away from me.. Then let h1a8 punch it until it breaks.. Thats more fair

gogogadgetgo
We have to take account for gravity, so you pull it away from me.. Then let h1a8 punch it until it breaks.. Thats more fair

wait, the earth pulling thing was a shared feat right? so you hold it then i with maybe rage and lordofmurder pull it from you to account for gravity. Then let h1a8 combo to ko the bowling ball with his fists until it breaks.

Silent Master
It's a shared feat and they weren't moving it, they were trying to keep it in orbit...so basically all they were doing was compensating for water weight that the Earth was losing.

DARTH POWER
wait, the earth pulling thing was a shared feat right? so you hold it then i with maybe rage and lordofmurder pull it from you to account for gravity. Then let h1a8 combo to ko the bowling ball with his fists until it breaks.

laughing

Damborgson
wait, the earth pulling thing was a shared feat right? so you hold it then i with maybe rage and lordofmurder pull it from you to account for gravity. Then let h1a8 combo to ko the bowling ball with his fists until it breaks. laughing out loud

psycho gundam
Actually it takes a lot less force to bust a planet than to greatly accelerate it. So Superman still is a lot stronger than Glads. you don't even know what i was referring to.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
I didn't know that you had telepathy.

It's called beyond a reasonable doubt. IMO, it's common sense.

h1a8
really now? hows about a small scale experiment. lets all get a bowling ball and see which is easier. moving it or busting it... You guys are not smart at all. I explained it countless times. It's not about moving the Earth (a 10lb force could do that) but about accelerating it greatly.

Originally posted by Silent Master
It's a shared feat and they weren't moving it, they were trying to keep it in orbit...so basically all they were doing was compensating for water weight that the Earth was losing.
It was against another strong force though.

What about the feat against Starbreaker and Mageddon?

psycho gundam
wait, the earth pulling thing was a shared feat right? h1 didn't even know that they pulled the earth back where it was supposed to be in orbit (towards the sun) till a few months ago, don't ask him too many questions about it.

h1a8
h1 didn't even know that they pulled the earth back where it was supposed to be in orbit (towards the sun) till a few months ago, don't ask him too many questions about it.

I never read the arc, but will soon. But I did read the arc on Starbreaker. Plus we have other feats like Maggeddon. So nitpicking on one point doesn't destroy the whole argument. You must destroyed ALL points to be successful.

carver9
You guys are not smart at all. I explained it countless times. It's not about moving the Earth (a 10lb force could do that) but about accelerating it greatly.

It was against another strong force though.

What about the feat against Starbreaker and Mageddon?

Starbreaker is shared ft as well. The Mag ft...Superman was only a engine for the wheel. He didn't pull the entire thing, he was just chained to the engine along with numerous of other humans.

psycho gundam
I never read the arc, but will soon. But I did read the arc on Starbreaker. Plus we have other feats like Maggeddon. So nitpicking on one point doesn't destroy the whole argument. You must destroyed ALL points to be successful. the other feats you brought up are irrelevant actually. the point that you never read the comic let alone the arc it was in yet speak of it freely was strengthened just now, and it's the only point that mattered.

JakeTheBank
I think the main point here is, h1, is that all equations and calculations aside, you really ought to at least read up on the characters you're trying to debate for instead of skimming though select feats like they're the gospel.

There's no shame in ignorance so long as you're honest about it.

abhilegend
Starbreaker is shared ft as well. The Mag ft...Superman was only a engine for the wheel. He didn't pull the entire thing, he was just chained to the engine along with numerous of other humans.

Oh carver how many times can you be wrong
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/JLA40-19.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/JLA40-20.jpg

You always ask for on panel proof, "turning the endless millwheels of maggedon". J'onn didn't say "Superman and other humans" were turning the wheels of maggedon.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend

You always ask for on panel proof, "turning the endless millwheels of maggedon". J'onn didn't say "Superman and other humans" were turning the wheels of maggedon.

So you don't see those Humans to the left and right of him?

abhilegend
^ So you think humans can compete with superman in strength. It was on panel said he was pulling the chains of maggedon. You nitpicking on artist's error wouldn't change that. Or you just refuse what is said on-panel when it suits you. Actually they aren't humans, they were the automatons of Maggedon, there was no indication of maggedon abducting humans.
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/JLA41pg19.jpg
"The terrain itself is techno-active".

-Pr-

lol.

Damborgson
Originally posted by abhilegend

You always ask for on panel proof, "turning the endless millwheels of maggedon". J'onn didn't say "Superman and other humans" were turning the wheels of maggedon. thumb up

Damborgson
Strength= Thor

-Striking Power( with Mjolnir )= Thor

-Striking Power(without Mjolnir)= Toss up or Gladiator

-Blasting Power=Thor

-Raw Speed= Gladiator

-Combat Speed =Gladiator

-Durability =Thor

-Damage Soak =Thor

-Combat Smarts =Thor

-Greats Hyperbolic Statement =Thor

Thats my opinion on it anyway

gogogadgetgo
Categories-

-Strength - Even or very slight edge to Thor

-Striking Power( with Mjolnir ) - Thor no contest

-Striking Power(without Mjolnir) - Even or very slight edge to Thor

-Blasting Power - Thor no contest

-Raw Speed - Travel speed = Even

-Durability - Thor

-Damage Soak - Thor

-Combat Smarts - Thor

Who wins?? - Thor

h1a8
Categories-

-Strength - Even or very slight edge to Thor

-Striking Power( with Mjolnir ) - Thor no contest

-Striking Power(without Mjolnir) - Even or very slight edge to Thor

-Blasting Power - Thor no contest

-Raw Speed - Travel speed = Even

-Durability - Thor

-Damage Soak - Thor

-Combat Smarts - Thor

Who wins?? - Thor
Glads is stronger, see the planet bashing feat.
Striking power goes to Glads, see the planet bashing feat.
Glads have better raw speed. Thor was only shown to travel several multiple times the speed of light where Glads was shown over 100 times the speed of light.

Glads wins mainly because of the speed issue. If he ever decides to use his top speed anywhere in the fight (not necessarily in the beginning) then it would be over for Thor.

Daredevil1
How impressive is that feat of supes? I'm not familiar with the device that he's turning.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Glads have better raw speed. Thor was only shown to travel several multiple times the speed of light where Glads was shown over 100 times the speed of light.

Glads wins mainly because of the speed issue. If he ever decides to use his top speed anywhere in the fight (not necessarily in the beginning) then it would be over for Thor.

Thor is stronger, see the World Engine feat.

Striking power goes to Thor, see the dimension closing feat.

Thor speeding by Surfer > Light speed x gazillion (Seriously though, Gladiator wouldn't out fly Mjolnir, it's flown from the edge of the Galaxy in seconds).

Thor wins mainly because he's much more powerful.

DARTH POWER

Rage has already shown you in the battlezone that Thor has planet Bashing power with and without Mjolnir..

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AplanetBuster3.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ShatterSmallPlanet.jpg

So if you still insist Glads is stronger then either bring up your game, or admit you were wrong. (Just like I now admit I was wrong when I thought United could win the Champions League this year mad )

Damborgson

Out of curiosity, what does busting a dead planet do for you that really makes you think of it as Gladiators defining feat of glory that proves he is above Thor in strength and striking power?

JakeTheBank
Out of curiosity, what does busting a dead planet do for you that really makes you think of it as Gladiators defining feat of glory that proves he is above Thor in strength and striking power?

I'm curious to see this answer as well.

It certainly is the only feat which people cling to try and justify him being as strong or even stronger than Thor.

Damborgson

It certainly is the only feat which people cling to try and justify him being as strong or even stronger than Thor. Just doesn't seem like something to go crazy about. He got 3-4 speeding free shots on it and at the end of the day its just a very big rock. I guess Thor needs to bust a planet before he is credited to be stronger?

That feat is nothing to:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l45zcnPNR41qc1iql.gif

imo.

JakeTheBank
Just doesn't seem like something to go crazy about. He got 3-4 speeding free shots on it and at the end of the day its just a very big rock. I guess Thor needs to bust a planet before he is credited to be stronger?

That feat is nothing to:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l45zcnPNR41qc1iql.gif

imo.

QFT.

We don't know the size of the rock or its composition and yet it's touted as being highly impressive (which, it is to a point) and people think it makes him > Thor and in some whacked out cases, Superman.

Damborgson
QFT.

We don't know the size of the rock or its composition and yet it's touted as being highly impressive (which, it is to a point) and people think it makes him > Thor and in some whacked out cases, Superman.

Good Lord. laughing out loud Gladiator is definitely strong. Not sure whether to put him at mid or high herald. But assuming that busting that planet puts him above superman is just.....wow. He's a peer in strength at best.

gogogadgetgo

It certainly is the only feat which people cling to try and justify him being as strong or even stronger than Thor.

I'm surprised none of you have figured it out yet

h1a8's secret agenda

Gladiator = Superman clone

If he admits that Thor beats Gladiator, then it would be like him admitting that Thor beats Superman

Hence, he cannot let Gladiator or any other Superman ripoff lose to Thor.

gogogadgetgo

And how many times has Gladiator busted a planet? one?

And how many times has Gladiator shown that kind of strength level? that one time only?

awwww.... then its PIS

So sorry for you. laughing

h1a8

Because Thor can't do the feat either with Mjolnir or his fists.

Damborgson
Because Thor can't do the feat either with Mjolnir or his fists. Why not?

DARTH POWER
Because Thor can't do the feat either with Mjolnir or his fists.

You sure about that??

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AplanetBuster3.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ShatterSmallPlanet.jpg

h1a8
Why not? Because he has never shown sufficient strength to achieve it.

You sure about that?? Yup I'm still sure. The first scan is nothing. The second one is hyperbole.

That's that.

Damborgson
Because he has never shown sufficient strength to achieve it.

In these scans alone he surpasses the striking power capable of pulverizing a planet

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/rsz_thor.jpg

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/rsz_odin.jpg

JakeTheBank
Because he has never shown sufficient strength to achieve it.

Yup I'm still sure. The first scan is nothing. The second one is hyperbole.

That's that.

No, it's not.

-Pr-
The Gladiator feat been quantified yet?

TheHulk

Categories-

-Strength-Thor

-Striking Power( with Mjolnir )-Thor

-Striking Power(without Mjolnir)-Gladiator

-Blasting Power-Thor( All gladiator have is that heat vision which is more powerful but Thor is more versatile in blasting power)

-Raw Speed-Gladiator

-Combat Speed-Gladiator

-Durability-Gladiator

-Damage Soak-Thor

-Combat Smarts-Tie

-Greats Hyperbolic Statement-I'll like to say Thor but somehow I think Gladiatir stands on top.

Who wins?? Gladiator

DarkSaint85
The Gladiator feat been quantified yet?

Course not. We are assuming that its a Mars-sized planet, ignoring of course that system's Sun size and the distance it was from the sun, for a start. ASSUMING that system had a sun comparable in size to ours, for it to have an atmosphere, it could be tiny and still have an atmosphere, assuming it was the right distance away.

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Course not. We are assuming that its a Mars-sized planet, ignoring of course that system's Sun size and the distance it was from the sun, for a start. ASSUMING that system had a sun comparable in size to ours, for it to have an atmosphere, it could be tiny and still have an atmosphere, assuming it was the right distance away.

Thought not. The feat isn't usable until it can be quantified, tbh. I mean sure, it's impressive, but it's too vague to be used in any kind of measuring capacity.

D-Block

Impressive stopping Juggernaut in his tracks

Spire
-Strength= Purple

-Striking Power( with Mjolnir )= Same

-Striking Power(without Mjolnir)= Purple

-Blasting Power= Blonde