Kirby v.s. Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Because I know this hasn't been done.

Kirby has a wide array of power-ups nearby for nommings, his warp star, and is his full-tiny-size. Eight inches tall.

No time powers for Dante. He can use anything else. If this proves to favour Kirby too much, may allow time powers.

They fight on the beach, Kirby kicked over Dante's sandcastle. FROM INSIDE.

XanatosForever
...I...am genuinely unsure how Kirby could pull out a win here...then again, I'm sure he'd be hard to hit save for stomping.

ScreamPaste
I've seen claims Kirby's a planet buster and that he's capable of speed rivalling Dante. I'm sure there's something to it.

XanatosForever
Now here's my question. Sure, he can be a planet buster, I suppose, but to what scale are we talking here? Are these micro planets even smaller than what Mario's dealt with, are are these standard scientific massive celestial bodies?

NemeBro
The "planet buster" feat in question is a rather severely major outlier, IMHO, so shouldn't really be considered.

XanatosForever
Fair enough. The proposal that he can apparently be as fast as Dante doesn't do much in my mind to give him an advantage. If anything it simply evens the playing field by allowing him to avoid being stomped on from the get.

ScreamPaste
Kirby can fly with his warp star.

jalek moye
When did Kirby destroy a planet?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by jalek moye
When did Kirby destroy a planet? I'm actually not sure. I'm trying to instigate a debate and create more activity, so I'm actually making threads /other/ people will want to debate, or be drawn into.

NemeBro
Originally posted by jalek moye
When did Kirby destroy a planet? In some little strongman minigame (Aka not story-based, and arguably noncanon), Kirby, if he gets a high enough rating on the minigame, can crack the planet in half.

ScreamPaste
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2TcKi88vn8

The forces of Kirby's punches are given in megatons, so eh.

NemeBro
If you don't consider Kain's optional potential to gain a soul ripping power canon, how could you ever consider an optional minigame to be?

I don't think it warrants any discussion at all, honestly.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I'm actually not sure. I'm trying to instigate a debate and create more activity, so I'm actually making threads /other/ people will want to debate, or be drawn into.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Kirby can fly with his warp star.

That makes him a mach fly for Dante to swat. Or maybe he'll practice his precision and try to slice it in half.

Demonic Phoenix
Can't he like, vacuum up all of Dante's weapons or something?

Burning thought
NOne of that seems worth mentioning imo, and that looks nothing like a planet tbh. Trying to use physical calculations in a verse like that seems daft anyway.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Can't he like, vacuum up all of Dante's weapons or something?

What I'm finding to be the main issue here is Kirby's size. Eight inches of fluff against Dante's all of how many feet an inches. Kirby's ability to suck has been proven on multiple occasions to not work on large enemies, at least that I can recall. Can you really see the little puffball swallowing Yamato whole or something? I can't. erm

I tell you what, though, Scream. You sure know how to get people involved. This is probably the most active I've been in a debate in ages. Good stuff. thumb up

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by XanatosForever
What I'm finding to be the main issue here is Kirby's size. Eight inches of fluff against Dante's all of how many feet an inches. Kirby's ability to suck has been proven on multiple occasions to not work on large enemies, at least that I can recall. Can you really see the little puffball swallowing Yamato whole or something? I can't. erm

I tell you what, though, Scream. You sure know how to get people involved. This is probably the most active I've been in a debate in ages. Good stuff. thumb up

Oh I don't know the limits of his vacuum abilities. I was merely suggesting something. Yamato's about 3-4 feet long or so, but not very wide or deep. Does he have problems sucking up enemies that are over 3 feet tall, or is it just gameplay?

XanatosForever
I'm honestly unsure, but bosses like Whispy Woods tend to be immovable, and he's not much more than a rooted tree. Even if Kirby could swallow something as large as Dante's weapons, I'm don't know if he'd be able to do so when Dante's holding onto them.

Burning thought
How would he survive it entering his body anyway? where do items he eats go?

XanatosForever
Oh I'm sure he could survive it if inhaling is an option. Kirby makes it a habit to inhale harmful objects and turn them into a useful ability for himself. I'm just doubting he could swallowing anything so large without consequence.

NemeBro
Kirby can't just swallow enemies that are only about five times, if that, as large as himself.

So, unless a cutscene says he can swallow larger, he isn't swallowing Dante.

The Scenario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0etSYmh2Kkc#t=1m35s

(Kirby's Return to Dreamland spoilers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P41czgXjfS0#t=10m41s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bLiSxLv0W8#t=4m44s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_5rb6sU7Mg#t=3m37s

I don't actually know if the anime is canon, but Kirby's a lightning timer in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=773C_Z-C9as#t=17m

Kirby eats swords, bombs, needle monsters, all kinds of things regularly and without harm. He could eat a sword provided Dante wasn't actually holding at the time, and projectiles would pretty much be a no go.

XanatosForever
I could see Kirby chomping on a few of Dante's demonic bullets and getting a new power from that, but again, just about anything he gets I'm finding hard for him to be able to use properly.

ScreamPaste
For my next trick, Marth duels SC2 Raphael.

Edit: And in relevance to the thread, Kirby has power ups handy, nothing stops him from starting off as lightning Kirby for example.

Burning thought
Originally posted by The Scenario

Kirby eats swords, bombs, needle monsters, all kinds of things regularly and without harm. He could eat a sword provided Dante wasn't actually holding at the time, and projectiles would pretty much be a no go.

What sort of swords and bombs though? Yamato has sliced through vast structures from tens if not hundreds of meters away with just a slash. Its not like a regular sword, I cant see how eating it would be possible unless hes eaten something so powerful before. Also why cant he inhale it if Dante is holding it? cant he inhale anyone human+ in size?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Burning thought
NOne of that seems worth mentioning imo, and that looks nothing like a planet tbh. Trying to use physical calculations in a verse like that seems daft anyway.

I'm sorry, I'm not here to debate these characters or if Kirby can or can not bust a planet but how in the Hell does that not look like a planet to you?

NemeBro
<3 you Wei Phoenix.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
<3 you Wei Phoenix.

Self esteem went up five points. Thank you.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I'm sorry, I'm not here to debate these characters or if Kirby can or can not bust a planet but how in the Hell does that not look like a planet to you?

Because its a perfect glowing star? And looks nothing like a planet? The only true comparison is that its got things living on it and its as large as one.

Also I dont see how that could be canon, knocking his home in two.

ScreamPaste
Congratulations on your self defeating argument. cool

I'm going back to sleep.

Burning thought
Just because an object is roughly as large as a planet it can safely be described as one? Screampaste logic?

Also "planet busting/damaging" in this scene can also be called "large star busting", both just as ambigious as the next since we dont know what the star is made from, could be a super light Kirbyverse element that anyone whos a few feet of puff can break. In all, theres nothing useful or worth mentioning there as a feat.

Wei Phoenix
Because its a perfect glowing star? And looks nothing like a planet? The only true comparison is that its got things living on it and its as large as one.

Also I dont see how that could be canon, knocking his home in two.

So planets can't be in the shape of a star or something else in fiction? See all that black stuff around the star planet? That's called space and if you look some more you'll see more space stuff.

Do you really think that actual stars are shaped like that because last time I checked they were basically balls of gas like the ones around the Planet.

The Scenario
What sort of swords and bombs though? Yamato has sliced through vast structures from tens if not hundreds of meters away with just a slash. Its not like a regular sword, I cant see how eating it would be possible unless hes eaten something so powerful before. Also why cant he inhale it if Dante is holding it? cant he inhale anyone human+ in size?

The sort that cut and explode, obviously. What's the problem, Yamato being a powerful sword makes it harder to inhale or something? Kirby's eaten sword beams on occasion. Did you watch the videos I linked? Kirby's Ultra Sword ability is larger than Yamato and cut a volcano in half, and Kirby's ability to consume things is strictly size and weight based, power has never been a problem. In fact, more powerful objects yield a more powerful ability.

Kirby is 8 inches tall, he can't inhale anything of human proportion because it's too big, but a sword would be small and light enough. Kirby is only inhaling the sword if Dante isn't holding it. So I don't see why it even came up, it's only going to happen if Dante throws his sword, which I don't see happening. The more plausible option is Kirby inhaling one of Dante's projectiles. If it's a bullet or missile, Kirby's probably getting a Rocket ability. Maybe Bomb or something, since they explode. Or he'll just inhale them and fire them back as stars.

Burning thought
8 inches? Unless hes lucky enough to get it perfectly tip first I cant imagine it doing anytihng but slicing him in two. And what I meant, was that he may be able to digest regular swords of no value but its not the same for any weapon or material, I am pretty sure there are a wealth of fictionla items that are sword shaped or sized, that doesnt mean he could devour any or all of them just because hes done it to a basic blade.

The Scenario
Again, I don't even see this becoming a possibility unless Dante loses his grip on the sword or throws it. It's pointless to discuss something if it isn't going to happen anyway. Kirby is much more likely eat a bullet or one of Dante's other ranged attacks.

Kirbyverse has plenty of powerful swords Kirby has eaten or just grabbed. Ultra Sword and Galaxia in particular, but there's also the not-actually-a-sword Star Rod that Kirby used to fight Nightmare. A fight which resulted in the destruction of 1/4 of the moon.

Burning thought
Has he eaten bullets fired at him before? how good is his reaction time?

BloodRain
no expression

no expression

no expression He's really eight inches tall?

With the plantet punch being an outliner I don't see what he brings to the table, even if he has the speed (..does he?) it'd just be a matter of time before he gets hit. Even that volcano slashing becomes much less impressive given its actual size of a couple feet.

...I...am genuinely unsure how Kirby could pull out a win here...then again, I'm sure he'd be hard to hit save for stomping.
Dante trains by stomping on small things.

I could see Kirby chomping on a few of Dante's demonic bullets and getting a new power from that, but again, just about anything he gets I'm finding hard for him to be able to use properly.

KpVULlSxeEQ

XanatosForever
Originally posted by BloodRain
no expression

no expression

no expression He's really eight inches tall?

With the plantet punch being an outliner I don't see what he brings to the table, even if he has the speed (..does he?) it'd just be a matter of time before he gets hit. Even that volcano slashing becomes much less impressive given its actual size of a couple feet.

Yeah, this is pretty much what I'm saying. Kirby's pretty damn awesome on his own scale, but compared to Dante, it's like...wut?

Dante trains by stomping on small things.

I swear I could not stop laughing at this. haermm

KpVULlSxeEQ

Meh...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.