Race of Imps Vs Beyonders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Excluding the main ones like Mxy, which race is more powerful?

Galan007
Considering Mxy is one of the only Imps with feats, there no reason to exclude him.

Regardless, Imps win. Even 'no name' Imps like Qwsp have shown that they possess absolute control over all facets of reality (inc. Hypertime.)

AlmightyKfish
Tbf, we have seen pretty much nothing from the Beyonders, all we know is that they are extra-universal entities of massive power, who manipulate cosmic cube energy and shunt it into our universe.

They don't really have any feats, so we can't really judge...

SquallX
Batmite snaps his fingers.

guy222
beyonders powerful

how powerful marvel goofed

mxy is powerful but has been defeated

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by guy222
beyonders powerful

how powerful marvel goofed

mxy is powerful but has been defeated

By either his own hubris or by his own choice.

Outside of terribad writing that would make Deathstroke beating the JLA look like an average feat and Spiderman vs. Firelord the epitome of good writing, Mxy has never been anything but psychologically beaten at a game he set the rules for.

guy222
that's my point friend

no matter how powerful u are u lose in the end

and good morning

Wang 2.9
nutnut

guy222
galan, is mxy returning

Mr.Mxyzptlk
that's my point friend

no matter how powerful u are u lose in the end

and good morning

But then that applies to the Beyonders as well.

And morning. Looks like we might have tracked down Wang's agenda this morning. Looks like he's a troll from Comicvine.

guy222
lonely also

how's 52 for u

interesting so far dark side looks awesome

do u think they will tie in flash's feat

Mr.Mxyzptlk
lonely also

how's 52 for u

interesting so far dark side looks awesome

do u think they will tie in flash's feat

I'm ashamed to say I haven't read any of DCnU yet. I just haven't had the time to pop down my local comic shop or the money.

Colossus-Big C
Mxy soloes

Utrigita
No idea really, the beyonders are by no means push overs imo, but that is only working on assumed powerlevel, based on actual performed feats Imps are significantly ahead.

guy222
thumb up

guy222
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Mxy soloes

mxy>beyonders?

or mxy>pre retcon beyonder?

Colossus-Big C
Mxy> beyonders

And yes based on feats ( its been debated multiple times here in threads)
Mxy> Pre retcon beyonder yes

guy222
we don't know how powerful the beyonders are

they made the beyonder

that's powa

mxy has feats and is a nice cartoon character, don't sell the beyonders short

Galan007
galan, is mxy returning Haven't heard one way or the other. If he does (which I eagerly anticipate) I hope it's under Morrison's hand.

guy222
that works

Prep-Man
Aren't there different types of Imps. Like Myxys race, Mites, and Thunderbolts? We have seen some feats for all of them.

Galan007
^ Thunderbolt is a d'jinn/genie--ie. he requires orders from his master before he can act. He's still 5-d imp, but lacks conventional free will. The only "mite" I know of is Bat-Mite, and he is literally part of Mxy's own power and can act independently.

Naturally, the 'weakest' 5-d beings would be d'jinn--as they have to rely on orders from finite mortal beings before they can act. However, the d'jinn themselves are still nigh-omnipotent. Proof of this was seen when a berserk Jakeem had T-bolt conquer the entire 8th dimension.

cdtm
Fractions of cubes have universal feats, don't they? Didn't Molecule Man and Beyonder affect dimensions in their fights?

Shouldn't the Beyonder race be as powerful as full cubes, at least?

Galan007
^ The argument could be made that there's no real evidence proving the creators (Beyonders) possess =/> power than their creations (CCUs.) Humans, for instance, created the hydrogen bomb--yet we certainly don't possess anywhere near that degree of destructive power by ourselves.

However, I'm not going to make that argument. I'm just going to point out that Mxy, a single 5-D imp, destroyed the entirety of DC continuity (a multiverse++) and recreated it all with a literal *snap*. Hell, even a tiny fraction of Mxy's power (Bat-Mite) destroyed Spectre, along with the entire universe they were in. ie. a fraction of an imp's power=universal+... And like I mentioned before: it was outright stated that Qwsp (essentially a "no name" imp) had absolute control of time and Hypertime--which represents infinitely more than universal power. Point being: that degree of power seems to be 'standard' for imps across the board.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Galan007 ^ Thunderbolt is a d'jinn/genie--ie. he requires orders from his master before he can act. He's still 5-d imp, but lacks conventional free will. The only "mite" I know of is Bat-Mite, and he is literally part of Mxy's own power and can act independently. Naturally, the 'weakest' 5-d beings would be d'jinn--as they have to rely on orders from finite mortal beings before they can act. However, the d'jinn themselves are still nigh-omnipotent. Proof of this was seen when a berserk Jakeem had T-bolt conquer the entire 8th dimension.

wasnt there another ttpe of d jinn in that jla one shot where they travelled to egypt? and i could have sworn i heard of another mite somewhere.

guy222
Originally posted by Galan007
^ The argument could be made that there's no real evidence proving the creators (Beyonders) possess =/> power than their creations (CCUs.) Humans, for instance, created the hydrogen bomb--yet we certainly don't possess anywhere near that degree of destructive power by ourselves.

However, I'm not going to make that argument. I'm just going to point out that Mxy, a single 5-D imp, destroyed the entirety of DC continuity (a multiverse++) and recreated it all with a literal *snap*. Hell, even a tiny fraction of Mxy's power (Bat-Mite) destroyed Spectre, along with the entire universe they were in. ie. a fraction of an imp's power=universal+... And like I mentioned before: it was outright stated that Qwsp (essentially a "no name" imp) had absolute control of time and Hypertime--which represents infinitely more than universal power. Point being: that degree of power seems to be 'standard' for imps across the board.

thumb up

Galan007
Originally posted by Prep-Man
wasnt there another ttpe of d jinn in that jla one shot where they travelled to egypt? and i could have sworn i heard of another mite somewhere. There are several d'jinn--Thunderbolt alone has a son and a daughter (both of which are d'jinn.) They're still 5th dimensional beings, though. And just to clarify: some d'jinn can act independently of their master if a strong enough need arises--much the same as when imps bypass the "name backwards weakness." It's just not what they're supposed to do.

If another Mite popped up somewhere, it was a LONG time ago.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
I thought post Crisis that the "name backwards" was just a condition that Mxy sometimes uses for his games with Superman.

I could have sworn there was a time when the condition was that he had to make Mxy's face blue and when he appeared as the twins Mxy banishment condition was that someone had to buy their entire encyclopedia set.

Galan007
^ Mxy has shown a few times now that the name backwards 'weakness' is a self-imposed limitation/rule--one that he can bypass whenever he chooses.

Uriel005
^ Mxy has shown a few times now that the name backwards 'weakness' is a self-imposed limitation/rule--one that he can bypass whenever he chooses. mxy was a troll from the beginning he's never outright malicious though. At least not in his god-mode incarnations. I've always likened him and the other imps as an odd sort of mischievous Tom Bombadil. So absurdly powerful that our comprehension of what constitutes winning and losing/ all other perceptions really don't matter.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
One of my favorite Mxy stories is still the Superman/Batman annual.

guy222
yes

Prep-Man
There are several d'jinn--Thunderbolt alone has a son and a daughter (both of which are d'jinn.) They're still 5th dimensional beings, though. And just to clarify: some d'jinn can act independently of their master if a strong enough need arises--much the same as when imps bypass the "name backwards weakness." It's just not what they're supposed to do.

If another Mite popped up somewhere, it was a LONG time ago.

Isn't Mopee an Imp?

Galan007
^ Yep.

And though he only appeared in a few issues, Mopee managed to make quite a large splash in continuity... Not only was he responsible for gifting Barry Allen with his super-speed, but he apparently caused several detrimental events in DC, Marvel, and the 'real world' to occur, as well:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_mopee_power1.jpg

...Imps are just crazy powerful.

SquallX
Haven't heard one way or the other. If he does (which I eagerly anticipate) I hope it's under Morrison's hand.

Imagine if Morrison actually have Mxy in his palm.

The shits he'll do will make Beyond looks tame. eek!

**** yes. cool

Galan007
^ Read any imp-related material Morrison wrote during his run on JLA. You'll know why I'd be excited to see it again. wink

Mr.Mxyzptlk
^ Read any imp-related material Morrison wrote during his run on JLA. You'll know why I'd be excited to see it. wink

Justice for All anyone?

Spectre got sonned.

cdtm
Originally posted by Uriel005
mxy was a troll from the beginning he's never outright malicious though. At least not in his god-mode incarnations. I've always likened him and the other imps as an odd sort of mischievous Tom Bombadil. So absurdly powerful that our comprehension of what constitutes winning and losing/ all other perceptions really don't matter.

There was one story that did show Mxy as evil, back when Superman exiled himself into space. It was pretty chilling stuff... He was hospitalizing Lexcorp members by having their suits "transform" like transformers, breaking every bone in their body. Lex ended up tricking him into going into a room by making a false promise, and had over half a dozen automatic weapons open fire, which didn't kill him, but did send him away in a rage... Only, Mxy learned how to tell lies from the experience.

Thank goodness this evil Mxy was short lived.

guy222
imps thumb up

cdtm
Morrison imps were insanely powerful. I think Johns also wrote them as powerful, when the group went and saved Johnny Thunderbolt from Qwsp. Thunderbolt punked Mordru in that story, as I recall.

Although he also wrote Imps as being "catchable" with the right tools, as this sorcerer use a knife made from the bones of old gods to capture Qwsp.

Kind of like how those new cosmic Pokemen can warp time and space, but still be captured by a Pokeball, I guess..

Galan007
Originally posted by cdtm
Morrison imps were insanely powerful. I think Johns also wrote them as powerful, when the group went and saved Johnny Thunderbolt from Qwsp. Thunderbolt punked Mordru in that story, as I recall. Screw Mordru, Thunderbolt punked the entire 8th dimension in that story.

Stoic
I think that this battle goes to whichever of the two races that has a firmer control over reality manipulation. Perhaps this should have been a contest between Mxy, and Secret Wars Beyonder. I'm a bit clued on the Beyonder's though, are they from the same race as the origina; Beyonder?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.