Metron vs. Rip Hunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

john allerdyce
Not a battle in the conventional sense. Just wondering who has more overall knowledge pertaining specifically to the aspect(s) of time? They both seem quite godlike in that regard.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cf/Metron_in_Mobius_Chair.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5f/RipHunterJSA.jpg

Galan007
Metron was the previous master of the Worlogog, subsequently making him the omniscient God of time/space. So... none

Sans that, I'd say it's a toss-up. They both spend their days constantly traveling through time. Every time Metron pops up, he seems to have answers to all the questions--and the same can definitely be said about Rip. What impresses me most about Rip is that his knowledge of time/space makes the likes of the Linear Men, and even the Monitor race, look like buffoons in comparison (referring to his discovery/understanding of Hypertime The Kingdom], and years later, him still knowing there were/are infinitely more universes in existence then just 52 New Frontier Special].)

guy222
thumb up

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Galan007
Metron was the previous master of the Worlogog, subsequently making him the omniscient God of time/space. So... none

Sans that, I'd say it's a toss-up. They both spend their days constantly traveling through time. Every time Metron pops up, he seems to have answers to all the questions--and the same can definitely be said about Rip. What impresses me most about Rip is that his knowledge of time/space makes the likes of the Linear Men, and even the Monitor race, look like buffoons in comparison (referring to his discovery/understanding of Hypertime The Kingdom], and years later, him still knowing there were/are infinitely more universes in existence then just 52 New Frontier Special].)

Is New Frontier canon? To Pre relaunch.

SquallX
Metron is such a pussy at the end of the day.

Galan007
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Is New Frontier canon? To Pre relaunch. New Frontier was an alternate universe within the larger multiverse--and the larger multiverse is what Rip spoke of in that book... And because of Rip's 'status' in the scheme of things (ie. a perpetual time/dimension traveler) there's only one version of him in existence, as far as I can tell.

guy222
yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.