Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 3D

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8735/hanselgretofficial12021.jpg

It's an original take on the classic fairytale that is set 15 years after the siblings killed the witch who kidnapped them. Hansel and Gretel have now evolved into bounty hunters who pursue witches.

steverules_2
Ohhhhhhh it keeps getting better and better...

ADarksideJedi
Interesting Hollywood seems to be doing alot of horror or 3D fairy tales movies latly I wonder why.

quanchi112
This does seem quite interesting.

roughrider
Oh lord - the influence of The Matrix has even reached Hansel And Gretel. blink

(With sprinkles of Van Helsing...)

siriuswriter
Looks interesting... need to see more footage for a final judgement.

Esau Cairn
Oh Lordy...boundaries sure would be tested if she was my sister! wink

siriuswriter
That's why there has to be a hotter-than-her female in the story. C'mon man, think of the possibilities. The daughter of the terrified mayor, some hunter they meet in the woods - a la The Brothers Grimm... And every woman is going to look like a whore with the excuse of the time period. So really you XY'ers have it on us double XX's.

Hopeully shall be sufficient eye candy for me, they've got to cook up a good romance for Gretel as well, unless they turn her into a Diana the Huntress character. Ugh. Don't do it Hollywood! Bring it home for the man-lovers. Hans is a nice snack, now cough it up.

Kazenji
Been reading this movie has been pushed to January 2013 now and there's also two versions of the movie an R-rated & PG-13.. Paramount's not sure which one to release

Newjak
Interesting concept I may have to check this one out.

Kazenji
Sounds like the R rated version is the way to go, Hope Paramount chooses the right one.

Ascendancy
Let's just hope it doesn't go the way of that Ledger/Damon abomination.

rudester
For a second I was so positive that Gemma Arterton was actually the girl from, "THE GOOD WIFE". Fairtales are probably being remade because most people grew up listening to these stories so they dont have to come up with something new that people might not like.

This movie is dubbed action comedy horror film; so it should be something like the movie Your Highness (2011). Tommy Wirkola the film maker is a Norwegian filmmaker and hasn't got that many credits under his belt so it will be interesting what he does with this story.

BruceSkywalker
i think it will depend on how well Bourne Legacy does

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i think it will depend on how well Bourne Legacy does

I'm not sure how to take Renner as the main actor & yet he does have screen presence when it comes to playing minor characters...

Patient_Leech
Is there no footage available for this? I have no idea how to judge it without seeing some footage...

But yes, R-rated is almost always better than PG-13. lol

Ascendancy
Better, yes, but R films don't usually make studios as much ROI.

marwash22
19VO-ntc4X8

Kazenji
Originally posted by rudester

This movie is dubbed action comedy horror film; so it should be something like the movie Your Highness (2011)..

Or maybe Evil Dead 2, Army Of Darkness.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Or maybe Evil Dead 2, Army Of Darkness.

Is that what your sig and avatar is referencing, Kaz? Is that good ol' Ashy/Brucey?

Kazenji
More Army Of Darkness since there's a comic series of it

as for this movie it looks okay.

Kazenji
Here's the Hansel & Gretel knock off

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/170879-here-is-your-hansel-and-gretel-witch-hunters-knock-off

Mindset
It has Renner, so I'll watch it.

Kazenji
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1405/hanselundgretelwitchhun.jpg

BlackZero30x
Sigh. I thought it sounded interesting but it had to be a 3D made movie. The obvious made for 3D scenes always put me off to these movies.

the ninjak
Screw that this movie looks like a good romp.

That poster is dodgy though.

BlackZero30x
I'll keep an eye on it but still those scenes make me wanna pull my hair out lol. Like in My Bloody Valentine with the pickaxe scene. Where you go into first person view and the pickaxe swings at you...

Anyways The story does have me intrigued.

rudester
Here's the Hansel & Gretel knock off

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/170879-here-is-your-hansel-and-gretel-witch-hunters-knock-off

I was just watching this and said to myself, "hey wait a min"..lol Its already up on bootleg. Anyone interested in watching some chick get cooked alive by some mysterious hooded people?

Kazenji
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Sigh. I thought it sounded interesting but it had to be a 3D made movie. The obvious made for 3D scenes always put me off to these movies.

If you look closely it does say 2D also.

rudester
it wasted one min of my loading time, that b*ch deserved to get cooked. Im joking but i hate it when u get excited from a movie than it turns out to be some lame-0 shit!!!

-kV-
This is becoming too much. How many classics are going to be remade into "epic" films? What's next?

Bambi: Protector of the Forest, Goldilocks: Enemy of Bears, Broken Slippers: Cinderella and the Wicked Sisters

Tzeentch._
As long as people pay to see them, I suppose. Which is odd, because thus far, literally every one of those Hollywood'ified fairy tail movies that's come out as gotten piss reviews.

Anyway, movie looks like shit. Won't be going to see it. Am extremely tired of seeing Jeremy Renner's face.

Kazenji
Snow white's the only good one so far then again that's the only one i've seen

Originally posted by Tzeentch._
literally every one of those Hollywood'ified fairy tail movies that's come out as gotten piss reviews.

and one of those reviews is yours?

Tzeentch._
I haven't seen any of them.

Kazenji
Exactly.

Tzeentch._
What?

BruceSkywalker
this is a $5 dollar film on a sunday afternoon at a screening room

Robtard
Film looks like complete shit, so it'll be a download if I watch it.

Mindset
Film looks amazing.

Robtard and I will be seeing it opening night.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Film looks like complete shit, so it'll be a download if I watch it. Always judging before you try something. It's a new year so change.

Mindset
Quan will be our chaperone.

BlackZero30x
If you look closely it does say 2D also.

Ooh yea? I didn't see that. I hope they don't have a bunch of those "obviously meant for 3d" scenes

Mindset
Ooh yea? I didn't see that. I hope they don't have a bunch of those "obviously meant for 3d" scenes Well, if you look closer, you can see that they will have a 2 dimensional version.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
Always judging before you try something. It's a new year so change.

Says the guy who's not seen a single show or film of Star Trek barring JJ's and judges anyway. Originally posted by Mindset
Film looks amazing.

Robtard and I will be seeing it opening night.

Not even Jeremy Renner's amazing hair can save this film.

Mindset
Blasphemy.

Robtard
Does Hansel **** his sister in this?

Also: "set 15 years after the siblings killed the witch". Hahaha, Renner's in his 40's.

Mindset
Renner is any age he wants to be.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Mindset
Well, if you look closer, you can see that they will have a 2 dimensional version.

We heard it here from mindset first. It's going to be a 2D universe. Everyone is going to be running sideways!

Mindset
We heard it here from mindset first. It's going to be a 2D universe. Everyone is going to be running sideways! That doesn't make sense.

You seem to not be understanding me and the movie.

BruceSkywalker
there is a chance I will see this next wednesday

Patient_Leech
Well, I'm pretty sure I would fu** Gretel..

Robtard
I'm absolutely sure I would. So I'm way straighter than you.

Villelater
ever watch the old stop motion classic of Hansel&Grettel? pretty sure the movie won't be as spiritual...

Robtard
Ever seen a grown man naked.

Mindset
I'm absolutely sure I would. So I'm way straighter than you. Originally posted by Robtard
Ever seen a grown man naked. thumb up

Kazenji
y4oIRiQVTk4

the ninjak
This film is gonna rock. Screw all ya'll.

I'm absolutely sure I would. So I'm way straighter than you.

HA!

BruceSkywalker
so.. does this have flop written all over it

Mindset
No, because Jeremy Renner is in it.

Also, the budget was only around 60mil, they'll clear that.

Ascendancy
Saw it, enjoyed it, would see it again. Loved how they did the witches, liked how they had fun with the characters, liked what they did with the comedic elements. Didn't hurt that the main witch was one of my favorite sexy foreign ladies.

Not one that will expand your mental horizons, but you'll get your money's worth.

Kazenji
Nothing wrong with that watching a movie just to have some fun.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Saw it, enjoyed it, would see it again. Loved how they did the witches, liked how they had fun with the characters, liked what they did with the comedic elements. Didn't hurt that the main witch was one of my favorite sexy foreign ladies.

Not one that will expand your mental horizons, but you'll get your money's worth.

agree with this fully. 100% big grin

Mindset

Not one that will expand your mental horizons, but you'll get your money's worth. Is it anything like Van Helsing?

That's what it reminds me of.

Ascendancy
Is it anything like Van Helsing?

That's what it reminds me of.
Van Helsing was poo. It was dried, non-smelly poo, but still poo.

This was a straight up good night at the movies.

quanchi112
Decent flick.

super pr*xy
i liked this movie.. gemma artetrton alone was worth the ticket.. maybe not, but the movie was fun..

Kazenji
Be seeing this one this week

not sure about 3D might go normal.

Ascendancy
Don't really know that 3D will be worth the extra bucks, especially if it gives you eye issues. Of course, maybe the effects make it that much more fun.

Kazenji
Some of the movies that get released don't even need the 3D treatment.

quanchi112
I think I heard a few weeks back somewhere that a sequel has already been greenlit.

dp123455
Interesting Hollywood seems to be doing alot of horror or 3D fairy tales movies latley.In this spin on the fairy tale, Hansel & Gretel are now bounty hunters who track and kill witches all over the world. As the fabled Blood Moon approaches, the siblings encounter a new form of evil that might hold a secret to their past. laughing out loudthis

Mindset
Shut up.

Esau Cairn
I think I heard a few weeks back somewhere that a sequel has already been greenlit.

Hansel Goes Solo.
"It's B1tch Hunting This Time Round."

BruceSkywalker
a sequel is on its way.. whether or not starring jeremy renner remains to be seen

however technically this was a flop

quanchi112
Shut up. Agreed. Who was tha strange man ?

Robtard
Watched this Saturday night. Was terrible. Made me sad seeing Renner in such a turd.

quanchi112
Watched this Saturday night. Was terrible. Made me sad seeing Renner in such a turd. It was fun and you seem to hate everything anyways.

Ascendancy
It was fun and you seem to hate everything anyways.

Word.

quanchi112
Word. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.