Who can Replicate Superman pulling 1/3 earth feat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
Who does it
These guys try solo to pull the earth unless there teamed up
Everyone gets flight and that magic chain

1. WWH
2. Thor & Hercules
3. Namor Colossus Thing She Hulk Rhino Luke Cage (all normal version)
4. Classic Juggernaut - gets a ground to walk on with the chain hook to his back ( remember his near infinit momentum)
5. World Breaker
6. Captain Marvel & Black Adam
7. Thanos
8. Magneto

Silent Master
You mean who can replicate Superman having to be saved by Kyle because he was failing to keep the Earth in orbit even w/help?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Silent Master
You mean who can replicate Superman having to be saved by Kyle because he was failing to keep the Earth in orbit even w/help? Lol

Sin I AM
they all can ....id love to see mags do it though, that would be epic

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Who does it

1. WWH
2. Thor & Hercules can't wait till rage sees this

guy222
waits for my pal rage

hulk ftw

Sin I AM

2. Thor & Hercules

lol...thats awesome, thor needs help but hulk doesnt

the way it should be mwahahaha evil face

Mindset
Why does Herc need Thor?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Mindset
Why does Herc need Thor?

the question is why do people keep usin wb hulk when didnt have a tangible strength feat

oh yea and thor needs herc becuz he's jus that weak evil face

Damborgson
Originally posted by Sin I AM

oh yea and thor needs herc becuz he's jus that weak evil face http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fZ37jdy-g4M/S6uwZ8_ohoI/AAAAAAAAA0E/eXfohTc-yHk/s1600/Thor_1985_%23356_13.jpg embarrasment

TheHulk
All execpt 3

Sin I AM
lol at thor saying "oof" while lifting the voltswagon

Damborgson
It was Hercules telling the Story. According to him this also happened somewhere along the lines of the fight.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1gyhj0BTRy8/TcNlBxHGW3I/AAAAAAAAA4A/yHkL20X5gpM/s1600/thor-356-2.jpg

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Man....I love Herc. stick out tongue

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
the question is why do people keep usin wb hulk when didnt have a tangible strength feat

oh yea and thor needs herc becuz he's jus that weak evil face

Huh? You have to be kidding right?

Caliuga
Only Adam and Captain Marvel can, possibly Hercules.

OneDumbG0
Who does it Wonder Woman. J'onn.

Enzeru
Originally posted by Damborgson
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fZ37jdy-g4M/S6uwZ8_ohoI/AAAAAAAAA0E/eXfohTc-yHk/s1600/Thor_1985_%23356_13.jpg embarrasment

So much for the awesome Thor speed, lol!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lawlz.

That didn't actually happen just so you guys know. It's a story made up by Hercules.

Enzeru
It's always funny how everyone thinks of the entire scene like all of the three characters were pulling the exact 1/3 of the Earth, to keep it fair. What If Superman was actually doing most of the pulling and Wonder Woman only managed to pull 1 million tons? :-X

In the end it's not that of a feat at all.
Pulling is not the same thing as lifting. I'm into bodybuilding, so I know what I'm talking about :X

I would even go as far to say that All Star Superman's lifting of the 200 quintillion tons or something is a greater feat then the Earth pull, even though it was vastly less weight. It was lifting it with one hand > pulling the Earth in the space.

Besides that, few issues before DCnU when Superman was going through America, he said that he is able to benchpress the entire planet. Hyperbole? Who knows, but Superman is a relialable person, so it could be very possible that he was doing most of the work when they were pulling the Earth.

h1a8
Who does it

1. WWH
2. Thor & Hercules
4. Classic Juggernaut - gets a ground to walk on with the chain hook to his back ( remember his near infinit momentum)
5. World Breaker
7. Thanos
8. Magneto

Bad thread. You must classify the acceleration in which they pull the planet.

For example, with an acceleration of 9.8m/s^2 is equivalent to lifting the planet itself. And an acceleration of 0.000000000000001 m/s^2 gets the planet moving at a decent speed after a long time and requires much less strength.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lawlz.

That didn't actually happen just so you guys know. It's a story made up by Hercules. He was jusst jelly of the Odinson is all. He redeemed himself at the end by saying how Thor punched him into another state. stick out tongue

Lord Feron
I always thought of it as a flight feat, since he is uh... flying and stuff...

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by h1a8
Bad thread. You must classify the acceleration in which they pull the planet.

For example, with an acceleration of 9.8m/s^2 is equivalent to lifting the planet itself. And an acceleration of 0.000000000000001 m/s^2 gets the planet moving at a decent speed after a long time and requires much less strength.

Also, assuming the Earth is stationary, and not orbiting the sun....and not spinning on its axis...

Bad reply.

Aliens
superman wasnt doing most of the work because it took 3 people overall to do the job , if superman did most of the work it would take him and wonder woman to do the job.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Aliens
superman wasnt doing most of the work because it took 3 people overall to do the job , if superman did most of the work it would take him and wonder woman to do the job.

Three people doing a job doesn't always mean three people were necessary; just that three ended up making it easier, maybe.

Enzeru
Originally posted by -Pr-
Three people doing a job doesn't always mean three people were necessary; just that three ended up making it easier, maybe.

I think it's even worse that people are always calling out the 1/3 of the weight, just because there were three people pulling the Earth, so now everyone things that these three characters are perfectly equal in terms of strenght, when it comes to that weird feat.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Enzeru
I think it's even worse that people are always calling out the 1/3 of the weight, just because there were three people pulling the Earth, so now everyone things that these three characters are perfectly equal in terms of strenght, when it comes to that weird feat.

Especially when we know none of them are equal in strength.

Aliens

come on man lets get real for a second, if 3 people are doing this feat that means it took 3 people to do it, if superman could do it by himself then he would , its not like when ever he has to do something the entire JLA jumps in saying "hey lets all do it for the hack of it"

Aliens

i personally dont think so, i think superman was pulling the majority of the weight however it still took 3 people to do it which probably means he did 50% of the pulling diana could perhaps do 40% and the third guy gave the 10% needed , otherwise there wont be any need for 3 people

Enzeru
come on man lets get real for a second, if 3 people are doing this feat that means it took 3 people to do it, if superman could do it by himself then he would , its not like when ever he has to do something the entire JLA jumps in saying "hey lets all do it for the hack of it"

Why should you alone try to pull 100 kilograms, if you can ask someone to help you out, to make it easier for you. In the end you're probably still stronger then the other guy and you're pulling 60, while he is only pulling 40, because that's all he can offer.

Aliens
Why should you alone try to pull 100 kilograms, if you can ask someone to help you out, to make it easier for you. In the end you're probably still stronger then the other guy and you're pulling 60, while he is only pulling 40, because that's all he can offer.

it was never stated hinted or implyed that the other 2 were just making it easier on him, we see the 3 of them pulling and we see them all struggling, we see superman struggling and the vains on his neck are poping out , Lol if i can lift 100 kilograms which i can and i will have 2 people lifting it with me i will do it effortlessly

-Pr-

that's speculation though, just as my opinion is, because it was neither stated nor implied that superman could do it on his own, or that all three people were needed.

and i'm still not sure they could have done it without diana purely because of the lasso's magic.

Q99
It's always funny how everyone thinks of the entire scene like all of the three characters were pulling the exact 1/3 of the Earth, to keep it fair. What If Superman was actually doing most of the pulling and Wonder Woman only managed to pull 1 million tons? :-X

They've also contested strength more directly, they aren't that far apart, though it is true that Superman was probably handling a bit more than 1/3rd and the other two a bit less.

Certainly going by that feat none should do it solo, but it could be 37/33/30, or such.

Aliens
that's speculation though, just as my opinion is, because it was neither stated nor implied that superman could do it on his own, or that all three people were needed.

and i'm still not sure they could have done it without diana purely because of the lasso's magic.

you are the only one who is speculating here, me? i got some avidance on my side, watch the scan you see them all 3 struggling, you see superman struggling judging by his art, and by his speech , he was talking with effort while pulling it with the rest, if you can do something on your own you wont be struggling so much when 2 other people help you with it

-Pr-
you are the only one who is speculating here, me? i got some avidance on my side, watch the scan you see them all 3 struggling, you see superman struggling judging by his art, and by his speech , he was talking with effort while pulling it with the rest, if you can do something on your own you wont be struggling so much when 2 other people help you with it

moving anything of that size is going to take effort no matter how strong you are. given that superman has moved the earth with less help (starbreaker), it really doesn't fit that he would need more help to do something he's already done with less.

just imo.

Enzeru

The most recent Superman pre DCnU said that he could benchpress the planet. Hyperbole out of Superman's mouth? I'm not sure.

Aliens
moving anything of that size is going to take effort no matter how strong you are. given that superman has moved the earth with less help (starbreaker), it really doesn't fit that he would need more help to do something he's already done with less.

just imo.

you are wrong, if you can drag a specific weight and you got 2 other people who are almost as strong as you drag that with you its going to be a walk in the park , i lift weights i know what i am talking about, if 3 people strugle at draging something that means no way1 of them can do it by himself.

in starbreaker superman was really struggling and if i remember correctly was commenting of how its beyond his powers to proceed, 1 feat doesnt cancel the other one, unless you got 2 or more feats of superman movig the earth all by himself it doesnt hold more weight than the fact he was struggling moving it with 2 other people in his strength class

-Pr-
The most recent Superman pre DCnU said that he could benchpress the planet. Hyperbole out of Superman's mouth? I'm not sure.

Honestly, it shouldn't be out of his range, and he's known as being brutally honest as part of his character.

It's still not proof, though.

you are wrong, if you can drag a specific weight and you got 2 other people who are almost as strong as you drag that with you its going to be a walk in the park , i lift weights i know what i am talking about, if 3 people strugle at draging something that means no way1 of them can do it by himself.

in starbreaker superman was really struggling and if i remember correctly was commenting of how its beyond his powers to proceed, 1 feat doesnt cancel the other one, unless you got 2 or more feats of superman movig the earth all by himself it doesnt hold more weight than the fact he was struggling moving it with 2 other people in his strength class

The Starbreaker feat required more effort though. And Superman's highest strength feats do actually make the instance with the three people look like it's on the lower end, when weighed up against all his other feats.

Lord Feron

Aliens

Superman's highest strength feats do actually make the instance with the three people look like it's on the lower end, when weighed up against all his other feats.

what other feats? that infinity page book is a PIS unless you want to argue he is stronger than inifinity itself, what else? he also got feats such as struggling with lifting a pyramid so....

Lord Feron
the thing about the infinite book is that yeah it's infinite in pages as in it will never end but it could be like the book will magically have 1 page every million years. Technically that is a infinite book.

Or else ultra man wouldn't be able to say "I read the end of the infinite booK" or some crazy shit. But then again it's comics things don't always make sense.

-Pr-
what other feats? that infinity page book is a PIS unless you want to argue he is stronger than inifinity itself, what else? he also got feats such as struggling with lifting a pyramid so....

He didn't struggle to lift the pyramid. He's casually lifted mountains, so a pyramid isn't that big of a deal.

Starbreaker, Warworld, Mageddon, and yes, the Infinite Book feat, as stupid as it is.

And those are just lifting/pulling feats.

Aliens
He didn't struggle to lift the pyramid. He's casually lifted mountains, so a pyramid isn't that big of a deal.

Starbreaker, Warworld, Mageddon, and yes, the Infinite Book feat, as stupid as it is.

And those are just lifting/pulling feats.

its a fact he was struggling against that pyramid as you can see he goes arghhh when lifting it it took him some effort, he can lift a mountain and still strugle with a pyramid,struggling doesnt mean you cant lift it youknow it just means it takes you some effort

starbreaker put superman to his limits he admitied he is giving everything he has and yet he cant go on like this by himself , so what that feat shows us is that he can move the earth but briefly for a moment

infinity book feat is stupid as there is no reason or way he is stronger than infinity weight

whats the size of mageddon? it was very very hard for superman to do, if anything if we go by all those feats then its very safe to say that for superman in order to move a planet it takes all the juice he got , and he cant do it for much time, not very good for superman

-Pr-
its a fact he was struggling against that pyramid as you can see he goes arghhh when lifting it it took him some effort, he can lift a mountain and still strugle with a pyramid,struggling doesnt mean you cant lift it youknow it just means it takes you some effort

starbreaker put superman to his limits he admitied he is giving everything he has and yet he cant go on like this by himself , so what that feat shows us is that he can move the earth but briefly for a moment

infinity book feat is stupid as there is no reason or way he is stronger than infinity weight

whats the size of mageddon? it was very very hard for superman to do, if anything if we go by all those feats then its very safe to say that for superman in order to move a planet it takes all the juice he got , and he cant do it for much time, not very good for superman

it takes effort to lift anything. he grunted while lifting the pyramid, but if we take his other feats in to account, it's not likely that he struggled at all.

they were pushing against starbreaker's powers, so it wasn't simply moving the planet, and it was also an older JLA iirc.

nobody said he was stronger than infinity. it just isn't the first time he's been said to lift infinite weight.

it dwarfed the earth.

i don't see how it's not good for him, tbh, especially seeing as i disagree that it takes all he has. some reasonably large effort, sure, but not something that's going to tire him out.

Aliens
would you consider him lifting garbionim to be a valid feat as well?

-Pr-
would you consider him lifting garbionim to be a valid feat as well?

I don't believe I know that one.

Aliens
I don't believe I know that one.

its when superman was pissed at adam and lifted the entire garbionim ship with 1 hand? the space ship was stated to be the size of the planet mars

"Id"
Majestros

Aliens
Originally posted by "Id"
Majestros

do you think majestros can beat all star superman?

OneDumbG0
its when superman was pissed at adam and lifted the entire garbionim ship with 1 hand? the space ship was stated to be the size of the planet mars First I've heard of it. I'd be shocked if it were true.

cdtm
Superman only lifted "half" of infinity though. stick out tongue I believe Cap was helping him.

Didn't Ultraman lift it by himself?

guy222
Hulk

OneDumbG0
He's casually lifted mountains I don't even remember this one.

-Pr-
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I don't even remember this one.

it's when he's sealing a volcano while carrying one over his head. and the john byrne one too, iirc.

carver9
I don't even remember this one.

Me either.

Scans please.

OneDumbG0
it's when he's sealing a volcano while carrying one over his head. and the john byrne one too, iirc. From Superman IV: The Quest for Peace???

-Pr-
From Superman IV: The Quest for Peace???

lol no.

one sec...

here:

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/lifting/ActionComics792b.jpg

then there's the john byrne one with the magically animated mountain.

Colossus-Big C
I don't even remember this one. He smashed a mountain on top of captain marvel in one of there fights, marvel was completely unphased though.

Bouboumaster
In that list, Hulk, and both Hercules and Thor, can do it.
And by that, I mean that Hercules and Thor don't need each other to do it.

long pig
Dr Strange could and has done something close....with a single finger. Hell, he moved a universe.

carver9
Gladiator could have moved that planet by himself.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9

a) A lot of people can.
b) Proof?

JakeTheBank
Who does it

1. WWH
2. Thor & Hercules
5. World Breaker
7. Thanos
8. Magneto

1. I think he could do it based on Hulk's feats of strength, which, generally, confirm him to be a peer or equal to Superman. The fact that he might not do it at first would probably only make him get angry enough to achieve the strength needed to do so, which is arguable he even needs to amp in order to do it.

2. Thor and Hercules definitely do it together as a team. And imo, either of them could do it under their own power.

3. Probably not, no.

4. Possibly.

5. Yeah.

6. They definitely do it together as a team. And either can do it on their own.

7. Probably, yes.

8. I doubt it.

Mindset
How big was the bullet Mags pulled back to Earth with kitty in it?

Enzeru

Damn dude, you should seriously stop that.
I know, that I praise Sentry a lot and always talk about his potential do solo the entire world, but I always have scans, to back my opinion up, while you didn't do crap for Gladiator in the most recent Gladiator threads.

Telling that he can defeat person XYZ and that he can acomplish the feat XYZ isn't going to help you out, if the people constantly ask you for proofs, yet you fail to do anything.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
1. I think he could do it based on Hulk's feats of strength, which, generally, confirm him to be a peer or equal to Superman. The fact that he might not do it at first would probably only make him get angry enough to achieve the strength needed to do so, which is arguable he even needs to amp in order to do it.

2. Thor and Hercules definitely do it together as a team. And imo, either of them could do it under their own power.

3. Probably not, no.

4. Possibly.

5. Yeah.

6. They definitely do it together as a team. And either can do it on their own.

7. Probably, yes.

8. I doubt it.

I agree with all that, but I think Hulk can do it right away.

Bouboumaster
a) A lot of people can.
b) Proof?

Didn't he broke a planet by punching it? I don't know much of Gladiator, but I think he did it...

Sasaraixx

Yes, but to be fair you also can't disprove that they weren't all each pulling an equal share. There is no way to say definitively one way or another.

It also doesn't prove that they are equals in strength, although it does show that they are in the same general class imo.

For example, you could argue that they were all pulling 1/3, but that Superman didn't need to use all of his strength whereas the other two did. You could argue that Superman pulled more than the other two because he is stronger. You could even say that WW pulled more because she was exerting more effort, where as Superman pulled less not because he's weaker but because he wasn't trying as hard. I'm obviously making these up, but you can't prove or disprove any of them based on the panel.

In the end, I think it is a great strength feat for all of them and that is where you have to leave it.

As for the thread, all of them could do it except #3 and maybe Mags.

carver9
a) A lot of people can.
b) Proof?

He moved objects that blocked an entire starlane by himself. Yes, he can move a planet.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Yes, but to be fair you also can't disprove that they weren't all each pulling an equal share. There is no way to say definitively one way or another.

It also doesn't prove that they are equals in strength, although it does show that they are in the same general class imo.

For example, you could argue that they were all pulling 1/3, but that Superman didn't need to use all of his strength whereas the other two did. You could argue that Superman pulled more than the other two because he is stronger. You could even say that WW pulled more because she was exerting more effort, where as Superman pulled less not because he's weaker but because he wasn't trying as hard. I'm obviously making these up, but you can't prove or disprove any of them based on the panel.

In the end, I think it is a great strength feat for all of them and that is where you have to leave it.

As for the thread, all of them could do it except #3 and maybe Mags.
They were certainly not pulling same weight. Time and time again it's been proved that neither diana nor j'onn come close to superman in strength. Only hardcore WW fans likes to think that diana is "almost equal" in strength to him. It was more like 40/31/29 as in superman/diana/j'onn.

carver9
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I agree with all that, but I think Hulk can do it right away.

I agree with this. Hulk shouldn't have a problem at all moving Earth.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
They were certainly not pulling same weight. Time and time again it's been proved that neither diana nor j'onn come close to superman in strength. Only hardcore WW fans likes to think that diana is "almost equal" in strength to him. It was more like 40/31/29 as in superman/diana/j'onn.

It's been proven time and time again that Wonder Woman and Jon are peers to.Superman physically.

Q99
"Peer" doesn't mean 'exactly equal,' though.

carver9
Originally posted by Q99
"Peer" doesn't mean 'exactly equal,' though.

I know it doesn't but brawls shows if there is a strength edge or not.

abhilegend
It's been proven time and time again that Wonder Woman and Jon are peers to.Superman physically.
Peers as in 85-90% range or "almost equal"?

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Peers as in 85-90% range or "almost equal"?

Naah...equals imo.

abhilegend
Naah...equals imo.
Lulz, based on what? Even the hardcore fangirls of WW would not say she is equal to him, they are satisfied as her being "near equal".

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Didn't he broke a planet by punching it? I don't know much of Gladiator, but I think he did it...

He did; no-one denies that. It's in the quantification that things get iffy.

He moved objects that blocked an entire starlane by himself. Yes, he can move a planet.

Funny how he gets the benefit of the doubt when others don't.

Naah...equals imo.

You'd be wrong, then. And the comics agree that you're wrong.

Spire
Naah...equals imo.

I dedicate my life to your cause.

carver9
Originally posted by Spire
I dedicate my life to your cause.

Bow to me.

JakeTheBank
Carver is insane.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Carver is insane.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.