Batman VS Taskmaster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Batman VS Taskmaster

No prep. strictly h2h fighting only. fight is in gotham.

who wins?

cdtm
h2h, Taskmaster.

With utility belt, learn towards Batman.

Caliuga
Taskmaster at his absolutely peak should take it in hand to hand....barely...

JakeTheBank
Taskmaster. It wouldn't take too long for Bruce to deduce what Tasky's doing in H2H, but there wouldn't be much he could do to stop him, either.

AlmightyKfish
Taskmaster at his best should take Bruce in pure h2h.

guy222
tasky

Enzeru
Taskmaster destroys him in H2H, but if Batman makes good usage of his gadgets, he takes it, IMO.
It is more than possible to take Taskmaster in H2H, even if you're a street leveler, but that only applies if you're Deadpool, who also takes Captain America down, if he really wants it. I don't see Batman being like Deadpool.

guy222
never count out bruce but

cdtm
Ok, how does TM usually do against streets? Characters like Cap or Daredevil, for example.

Because I'm starting to reconsider, based on Batman basically destroying Prometheus in h2h, before he cheated and used a weapon...

BruceSkywalker
Batman shows Tasky a horrible move and as Tasky executes it, Batman one shots him for a tko

srankmissingnin
Taskmaster has Daredevil and Cap's moves in his repertoire, why would he handicap himself and fight like Batman? evil face

cdtm
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Batman shows Tasky a horrible move and as Tasky executes it, Batman one shots him for a tko

Interesting that Prometheus included Batmans fighting style.

That must mean he has a few tricks of his own, or developed his own techniques, otherwise Prometheus could simply learn all the styles Batmans learned and know what Bruce knows..

Given that Prometheus is a close analogue for Taskmaster, and how Batman is with prepping against every known threat, I wouldn't put it past him to have protocols in place to deal with move copiers.

Cassandra Cain exhibited similar on the fly style copying abilities. (Stick fighting with Oracle, which she never learned before in her life but picked up in the middle of a training exercise.) Could you see Bruce not figuring out a way to take her down, if push came to shove?

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Caliuga
Taskmaster at his absolutely peak should take it in hand to hand....barely...

I'd say Tasky by a good margin. Taskmaster has the fighting style of everyone in the marvel universe by now.

With his ability to predict movements, there isn't really any move Bruce can pull that taskmaster can't anticipate and neutralize. In the unlikely event Bruce knows a style taskmaster doesn't, taskmaster masters it instantly.

Can't really see a way anyone who isn't superhuman can take this guy out without PIS, honestly.

good question, but I'd say no. for a few reasons.

Taskmaster has the physique of a man in his prime, not a young girl. Yes, I do think this makes a difference.

Taskmaster is way, WAY more experienced. Fighting skills are one thing, but strategy is another. Taskmaster runs the most highly sought after organization of assassins in the world, and has fought and won against far more opponents. This is the dude that infiltrated SHIELD twice- the second time completely undetected. he won't be lured into making rookie mistakes.

Taskmaster's copying ability seems to be better than Cain's- he can learn and execute moves at superspeed by watching them on tv, become a virtuoso pianist by watching, or emulate things like bullseye's superhuman aim. I would say his abilities are better.

cdtm
Originally posted by Space M ummy
I'd say Tasky by a good margin. Taskmaster has the fighting style of everyone in the marvel universe by now.

With his ability to predict movements, there isn't really any move Bruce can pull that taskmaster can't anticipate and neutralize. In the unlikely event Bruce knows a style taskmaster doesn't, taskmaster masters it instantly.

Can't really see a way anyone who isn't superhuman can take this guy out without PIS, honestly.

Well, there's more to winning fights than mastering styles.

In the game of chess, you can have a man who knows every tactic available, and be called an expert, and struggle against a master. And that same master can get taken apart against a grandmaster. Tactics vs strategy vs experience, basically.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by cdtm
Well, there's more to winning fights than mastering styles.

In the game of chess, you can have a man who knows every tactic available, and be called an expert, and struggle against a master. And that same master can get taken apart against a grandmaster. Tactics vs strategy vs experience, basically.

you might have made this comment before I finished my edit.

I made that point when comparing Cassandra Cain vs. Taskmaster. Tasky not only has a TON of first hand combat experience, but also started and manages an extensive criminal(?) network. Everyone from Hydra to the US government respects him enough to request his services and training.

So, he not only has tactical knowledge, but the wisdom and experience to put it to good use. I wouldn't really say the same thing about Cassandra Cain.

BruceSkywalker
Interesting that Prometheus included Batmans fighting style.

That must mean he has a few tricks of his own, or developed his own techniques, otherwise Prometheus could simply learn all the styles Batmans learned and know what Bruce knows..

Given that Prometheus is a close analogue for Taskmaster, and how Batman is with prepping against every known threat, I wouldn't put it past him to have protocols in place to deal with move copiers.

Cassandra Cain exhibited similar on the fly style copying abilities. (Stick fighting with Oracle, which she never learned before in her life but picked up in the middle of a training exercise.) Could you see Bruce not figuring out a way to take her down, if push came to shove?

most likely yes

Digi
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Taskmaster has Daredevil and Cap's moves in his repertoire, why would he handicap himself and fight like Batman? evil face

lol

Originally posted by Enzeru
Taskmaster destroys him in H2H

Best to avoid hyperbole. Destroy implies lack of a fight or any sort of strain. No one on TM's level will "destroy" Batman.

I wouldn't put it past Bruce to pull the same trick Deadpool did, for example.

godking
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Batman shows Tasky a horrible move and as Tasky executes it, Batman one shots him for a tko He is smart enough to know which moves do and dont work. Besides his copying abilities taskmaster is fairly smart for a super villain

JakeTheBank
If Batman had gadgets on hand, I could see him working and scraping out a win, but with nothing by his H2H skills to go on, I don't see him outfighting Tasky.

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
If Batman had gadgets on hand, I could see him working and scraping out a win, but with nothing by his H2H skills to go on, I don't see him outfighting Tasky.

He's been outfought before, though.

Cap managed. And Mr. X dominated.

JakeTheBank
He's been outfought before, though.

Cap managed. And Mr. X dominated.

Cap is also > Batman. And Mr. X has his telepathy angle to work with.

cdtm
Cap is also > Batman.

Debatable.

I peg Cap vs Bat 50/50 personally, with Bats having the skill edge, and Cap having the strength edge, but not so much Bruce can't deal with it..
Plus the endurance edge, which only matters if the fights goes on forever, which often doesn't happen...

Blair Wind
Debatable.

I peg Cap vs Bat 50/50 personally, with Bats having the skill edge, and Cap having the strength edge, but not so much Bruce can't deal with it..
Plus the endurance edge, which only matters if the fights goes on forever, which often doesn't happen...

That's almost exactly how I view it.

Cap would win an extended battle not because he's more skilled, but because of his superior physical stats.

Batman, however, is vastly, IMO, superior in terms of breadth of skills mastered in martial arts - which, we should note, have many lessons on less physically formidable fighters beating much more formidable fighters through the application of certain skills. Wing-Chung, for example, was first created so that women could defend against men. BJJ is all about using leverage so even if you are smaller and weaker you can still win.

Taking that stance, I think Taskmaster and Batman are equally skilled. I think that Batman is also smarter than Taskmaster and would win the fight by combining his H2H skills with his brain. I kind of imagine it going sort of similar to when Sherlock Holmes fights in the movies - Bruce deduces the fight as if it were a chess match, once he realizes what Taskmaster is doing, and changes the variables of the game.

srankmissingnin
Debatable.

I peg Cap vs Bat 50/50 personally, with Bats having the skill edge

laughing

Cap is more skilled than Batman, and takes at least 8/10. Not debatable. cool

Badabing
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
laughing

Cap is more skilled than Batman, and takes at least 8/10. Not debatable. cool Nope.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/kmcprofile/batman-vs-thanos-vs-brainac-vs-reed-vs-doom-vs-darkseid-4956.jpgOriginally posted by cdtm
Debatable.

Plus the endurance edge, which only matters if the fights goes on forever, which often doesn't happen... like

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Badabing
Nope.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/kmcprofile/batman-vs-thanos-vs-brainac-vs-reed-vs-doom-vs-darkseid-4956.jpg like

Only if you are nub who doesn't read comics, and wears Nolan-verse Batman t-shirts. evil face

Sr J-Bieb
Batman easily

cdtm
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Batman easily

Srank converts another one? evil face

Sr J-Bieb
Srank converts another one? evil face Srank couldn't convert his limp dick into a hard one.

I've always been a firm believer that if Batman can get his boots on anyone, that he can win quite effortlessly

srankmissingnin
Bran is from the Bizzaro-verse, he means the opposite of everything he posts. cool

rotiart
Captain America beat taskmaster before...
However I believe it was around civil war...
He asked Bucky to tag in because taskmaster had fought him before and even cap wasnt sure he'd be able to win...

Now taking into account that taskmaster hasn't had the chance to study tapes etc of batman prior to the fight it would probably go with a slight edge to taskmaster in hand to hand... Batman would have to put him down fast cause the longer he takes the better the odds get stacked against bruce

JakeTheBank
I'm far from a blind and biased Marvel fanboy, but I really don't see Batman's clear skill edge over Captain America, tbh.

godking
Originally posted by Blair Wind
That's almost exactly how I view it.

Cap would win an extended battle not because he's more skilled, but because of his superior physical stats.

Batman, however, is vastly, IMO, superior in terms of breadth of skills mastered in martial arts - which, we should note, have many lessons on less physically formidable fighters beating much more formidable fighters through the application of certain skills. Wing-Chung, for example, was first created so that women could defend against men. BJJ is all about using leverage so even if you are smaller and weaker you can still win.

Taking that stance, I think Taskmaster and Batman are equally skilled. I think that Batman is also smarter than Taskmaster and would win the fight by combining his H2H skills with his brain. I kind of imagine it going sort of similar to when Sherlock Holmes fights in the movies - Bruce deduces the fight as if it were a chess match, once he realizes what Taskmaster is doing, and changes the variables of the game. Batman has at best a small edge in skill over Steve Rogers and that supposed edge is very debatable.

And it is not enough to offset Rogers physical attributes.

CosmicComet
Skill is basically a mix of reflexes, general speed, hand eye coordination, agility, and ultimately how much damage you can dish out while avoiding taking damage at the same time.

Under this guideline, I cannot see how Batman is supposedly more skilled than Cap in pure h2h.

Cap is a baws at the above stuff.

JakeTheBank
thumb up to the above two posts.

CosmicComet
M7uPvWMQhkY

relevant.

JakeTheBank
Tasky would zone the shit out of Batman and make him eat his counters all day long.

Mindset
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Srank couldn't convert his limp dick into a hard one.

laughing out loud

BattleMage
Taskmaster has Cap's moves in his repertoire, why would he handicap himself and fight like Batman? smile

cdtm
I'm far from a blind and biased Marvel fanboy, but I really don't see Batman's clear skill edge over Captain America, tbh.

The mans an anal retentive perfectionist, which carries over to his martial arts prowess. (

If Steve Rogers is Kurt Angel, Batman would be Bret Hart.

Look at the best MA's in DC. He can usually get a draw with any one of them, and most of them are full time martial artists, while he's also a detective and super hero...

Mindset
The mans an anal retentive perfectionist, which carries over to his martial arts prowess. (

If Steve Rogers is Kurt Angel, Batman would be Bret Hart. Kurt Angle, the olympic gold medal wrestler and Bret Hart, the fake wrestler?

I agree.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
Kurt Angle, the olympic gold medal wrestler and Bret Hart, the fake wrestler?

I agree.

I'm talking Kayfabe Angle and Bret. stick out tongue

Raptor22
Good fight. Probably a split. As far as the cap/bats thing, I think people get too caught up in the whole cap has enhanced stats but Bruce is only peak human. While he may listed as peak human in handbooks and stuff in comics he's displayed far higher levels than peak human in strength, speed, endurance, stamina, reflexes and many others. So while many might not be exactly even with Steve's it's not as big of a difference as some make it sound like, going by what the comics portray and not some arbritrary statement like he's only peak human and Steve has enhanced attributes.

Mindset
I think most people know that.

cdtm
Technically, Cap is supposed to be peak human too, right? As opposed to meta or whatever?

I don't know why that's true, if no human can reach that peak without SSS.

Stoic
Depending on the scenario of combat, this is how I see it going down.

Scenario 1
Without prior knowledge of Batman or seeing any sort of media footage on his fighting style, I think Taskmaster would lose.

Scenario 2
If they fought 7 times I can see Taskmaster only winning the 6th and 7th match up. However If they should ever fight after this, Batman would likely be beaten badly.

Raptor22
I think most people know that. I apologize if my opinion bored u, and that I didn't bring fresh new ideas to the table like "Srank couldn't convert his limp dick into a hard one". Which is something I thought most people already knew but u thought was funny.

Mindset
Originally posted by Raptor22
I apologize if my opinion bored u, and that I didn't bring fresh new ideas to the table like "Srank couldn't convert his limp dick into a hard one". Which is something I thought most people already knew but u thought was funny. I think most people knew you didn't have any fresh new ideas.

Raptor22
I think most people knew you didn't have any fresh new ideas. if u were looking for fresh new ideas on the topic of Batman/cap which has been debated hundreds of times ur kind of retarted. But if u have any new amazing ones I'd be happy to hear them.

Mindset
if u were looking for fresh new ideas on the topic of Batman/cap which has been debated hundreds of times ur kind of retarted. But if u have any new amazing ones I'd be happy to hear them. I think most people know that I'm not "retarted".

Raptor22
I think most people know that I'm not "straight". i knew that already. but nothing new or amazing about cap/bats?

CosmicComet

If Steve Rogers is Kurt Angel, Batman would be Bret Hart.

Look at the best MA's in DC. He can usually get a draw with any one of them, and most of them are full time martial artists, while he's also a detective and super hero...

Being trained under dozens of 'banners' of martial arts isn't really advantageous, and more to the point, its redundant. There's only so many practical ways to punch, to kick, and to grapple. Everybody only has 4 limbs afterall. And MA styles from all across the world have techniques that are going to be identical to styles under different names.

Neither Bruce or Steve will bring any sort of technique that will catch the other off-guard as being 'new' or 'unorthodox'. They've seen all there is to see, and all that works.

Bruce would probably at some point attempt some impractical, and ultimately useless ninja monk silly wrist flailing type bullshit while Steve would be comfortable enough to just let his hands go in good ol' marquess of queensberry fashion, being fast, practical, and having no wasted energy and motion on pointless posturing and katas or any of that shit.

In the end, knowing a whole bunch of techniques isn't what constitutes skill anyway, effectiveness does.

Mindset
i knew that already. but nothing new or amazing about cap/bats? You seem upset.

Damborgson
if u were looking for fresh new ideas on the topic of Batman/cap which has been debated hundreds of times ur kind of retarted. But if u have any new amazing ones I'd be happy to hear them.
I think most people know that I'm not "retarted".
http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/Pupi6/black_guy_laughing.gif

Raptor22
You seem upset. I'm sorry, I thought u were. Its all good. (insert fist bump)

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Being trained under dozens of 'banners' of martial arts isn't really advantageous, and more to the point, its redundant. There's only so many practical ways to punch, to kick, and to grapple. Everybody only has 4 limbs afterall. And MA styles from all across the world have techniques that are going to be identical to styles under different names.

Neither Bruce or Steve will bring any sort of technique that will catch the other off-guard as being 'new' or 'unorthodox'. They've seen all there is to see, and all that works.

Bruce would probably at some point attempt some impractical, and ultimately useless ninja monk silly wrist flailing type bullshit while Steve would be comfortable enough to just let his hands go in good ol' marquess of queensberry fashion, being fast, practical, and having no wasted energy and motion on pointless posturing and katas or any of that shit.

In the end, knowing a whole bunch of techniques isn't what constitutes skill anyway, effectiveness does.

This.

Batman might be more overtly "flashier" with his style, but that doesn't constitute him being more skilled than Cap.

srankmissingnin
if u were looking for fresh new ideas on the topic of Batman/cap which has been debated hundreds of times ur kind of retarted. But if u have any new amazing ones I'd be happy to hear them.

Retarted? Let's cool it with the pastry slurs people, it's uncalled for. The politically correct term is small open topped pie.

Parmaniac

Originally posted by Parmaniac
that's something I always hated, people who "mastered" 600 different types of MA I mean come on at a certain point it's pointless how many you "mastered" you still only have 2 arms 2 legs and 1 head to do them, of course it gives you an advantage if you know more than one but still...

hope you get my point I'm glad I'm not alone

JakeTheBank
And for the record, Captain America has been stated to know "all forms of combat" and "mastered all Earthly styles of hand to hand" more than once.

Daredevil1
Technically, Cap is supposed to be peak human too, right? As opposed to meta or whatever?

I don't know why that's true, if no human can reach that peak without SSS.

Since you're asking as a question tells you don't know. Cap is peak human as its maximum potential. Explained as the next step in human evolution. Batman isn't that definition.

cdtm
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Since you're asking as a question tells you don't know. Cap is peak human as its maximum potential. Explained as the next step in human evolution. Batman isn't that definition.

I know that about Cap.

But he has to take a substance to get to that point. A normal human on steroids is hardly "peak", he's enhanced. The juice takes him to a level a person can't normally get to through training...

If Cap was really the "peak of human", it should be possible to get to that stage through sheer training, and not a serum enhancement.

It's no different than Spidey being enhanced from the radioactive spider, in my opinion.

srankmissingnin
I know that about Cap.

If Cap was really the "peak of human", it should be possible to get to that stage through sheer training, and not a serum enhancement.

Captain America is the pinnacle of human potential. He is supposed to be as strong and fast as the human body could ever possibly be taking into account further evolution. Batman is the peak of what a human can be now, Cap is the peak of what a human could ever be... which makes him superhuman compared to current peaks.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I'm glad I'm not alone

What thread did you say this in?

And what was the response?

Mindset
I'm sorry, I thought u were. Its all good. (insert fist bump) Get your retarted hand away from me.

Raptor22
Get your retarted hand away from me. no. Bump it

-K-M-
Taskmaster sure didn't look great against Puck shifty

Parmaniac
What thread did you say this in?

And what was the response? Click on the blue post above my name it leads you to the thread

In case that doesn't work:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=12252365#post12252365

The thread is about better MA skills between Batman and Wolverine.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by -K-M-
Taskmaster sure didn't look great against Puck shifty No he didn't.

juggernaut74
Now that I'm thinking on this didn't Taskmaster beat up Wild Child once?

-K-M-
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Now that I'm thinking on this didn't Taskmaster beat up Wild Child once?

Nope, they never fought.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by -K-M-
Nope, they never fought. I could have sworn I was browsing Taskmaster appearances and saw a panel of him beating up Wildheart in a Alpha Flight issue.

-K-M-
I could have sworn I was browsing Taskmaster appearances and saw a panel of him beating up Wildheart in a Alpha Flight issue.

In an Alpha Flight issue? hmmm....I could be wrong, but as far as I know he only appeared in the recent Alpha Flight series. I'll see if I can find something.

He should beat Wildheart so I wouldn't be suprised if he did.

-K-M-
I could have sworn I was browsing Taskmaster appearances and saw a panel of him beating up Wildheart in a Alpha Flight issue.

You're right they "fought" in Alpha Flight #121, but the fight consisted of one panel of TM's kicking him and that was it (and that was after WH fought several super villians). We even see Wildheart shortly after and he was perfectly fine. So TM didn't beat him, just kicked him, but good eye as I didn't even see that when I first read it to be honest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.