Red Hulk vs Colossus (Cyttorak)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
With The Avengers about to take on The X-Men, who do you guys favor in this match up? Ought to be a good one... I hope.

juggernaut74
Bump for tomorrow.

guy222
ross

KingD19
How's Rulk gonna win? He can't stop him, and he doesn't use his energy powers. They're basically gonna slug it out until Rulk falls down.

Damborgson
by moving out of the way when he charges and letting colosonaut have a self KO.

guy222
Originally posted by KingD19
How's Rulk gonna win? He can't stop him, and he doesn't use his energy powers. They're basically gonna slug it out until Rulk falls down.

rulk has his powers

KingD19
Originally posted by Damborgson
by moving out of the way when he charges and letting colosonaut have a self KO.

No Juggernaut has ever self KO'd themselves, so no.

And Rulk's been had his energy powers, he's just been extremely reluctant to use them. He'll slug it out with Colossus like he's been slugging it out with everybody, and he loses.

zopzop

I think this actually happened with Colossunaught. confused

As to the thread, Rulk probably stalemates him.

KingD19
Originally posted by zopzop
I think this actually happened with Colossunaught. confused

As to the thread, Rulk probably stalemates him.

You mean that issue with Unit when he made him smash into the ground and make a shockwave? He wasn't ko'd, he was just fine. Because Unit made Magneto launch him into space to get him out of the way. Other than that, he's never done anything like that.

Damborgson

And Rulk's been had his energy powers, he's just been extremely reluctant to use them. He'll slug it out with Colossus like he's been slugging it out with everybody, and he loses.

Colosonaut has so yes.

KingD19
Originally posted by Damborgson
Colosonaut has so yes.

No, he hasn't. Tell me when.

Damborgson
No, he hasn't. Tell me when.

Yes he has. That last issue of Xmen. Scans were posted. He was redirected and hit Scott and Namor. Then he was left limp with his head in the snow. Nothing suggests it was anything other than his redirected momentum is wha knocked him out.

KingD19
Unit redirected him, he hit the ground hard enough to make a shockwave and knock his helmet off. He was on the ground because he didn't have a chance to get up before Magneto shot him into orbit. And he wasn't ko'd. If he was, why would Unit need him in space?

Damborgson
so that when he woke up he would be in space and not in their faces? Yeah they did show him. Right after he hit them. He was limp on the ground. He was also limp when magneto put him in space.

KingD19
I can put the scans up. He hit the ground, Namor was on his side. Directly after that, Unit told Magneto to put him into orbit. He had no time to stand up. And when he sent him up, he had almost the exact same posture as he did when Magneto used him against Proteus, and when he slammed him into the Hellicarrier.

Damborgson
Go for it. If I'm wrong I'll acknowledge it.

JakeTheBank
I hope Rulk beats the crap out of him, tbh.

Colossus as Juggernaut is horrendously stupid.

nwg202
snow covered ground > Rulk. Colossus is so powerful only he can knock himself out. Colossus vs Hulk is a couple of months away...

DickBlazer
If colossus doesn't curb stomp him after what looks like a "super" Juggernaut mode to come, then it's kinda lame

Greysen93
I'm just ganna say Red Hulk

juggerman
The Juggernaut will prevail!!!!!!!!

Horrificus
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Colossus as Juggernaut is horrendously stupid. It is ridiculous.

It's a blatant move to generate more interest in X-Characters.

And, I called it months ago, right here in these forums. They will be setting Piotr up as the "Ultimate Juggernaut" or something stupid.

Idiotic.

juggerman
Why is it so bad tho? Cain Marko doesnt own Cyttorak. Anybody has the potential to become The Juggernaut so why is Piotr getting it so bad?

Horrificus
Originally posted by juggerman
Why is it so bad tho? Cain Marko doesnt own Cyttorak. Anybody has the potential to become The Juggernaut so why is Piotr getting it so bad? Because, all past history shows that Piotr isn't even the personality type that would be able to capitalize on the Cyttorak power, and definitely should not end up with "uber-cyttorak-power".

And, it is pretty obvious that X-titles love to take even their lowliest characters, ignore continuity and have them end up ruling their own universe, defeating gods, besting high-level characters, etc.

Piotr having the Cy-power is just a ploy to give the X-titles a top+tier brick. Regardless of how it effects the rest of the books.

They want the x-books to have a "Thor", or a "Hulk", or a "Silver Surfer".

Sales!
Sales!
Sales!

nwg202
This new form would have probably squashed Kuurth like a bug.

abhilegend
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/Uncanny11.jpg
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/Uncanny12.jpg
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/Uncanny13.jpg
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/Uncanny17.jpg
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/Uncanny18.jpg
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/Uncanny19.jpg
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/Uncanny20.jpg
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/Uncanny21.jpg

Colossusnaut is such a failure.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Read the fight with Unit, gotta say, Colossus has this special ability to suck in a way that few characters could ever hope to match.

The battle with Rulk was extremely meh. After Colossus transforms, he starts beating the shit out of Rulk until he messes with his head. The Russian then pulls off his helmet, and gives Rulk his opening, he then gets layed out in 3 hits (Which imo is pretty weak).

Also, it's pretty clear that regular Colossus could never hope to take on Rulk, Romita just didn't draw a helmet.

nwg202
Looks like he powered down and let rulk take him out before he lost it and killed everyone. he wasn't even fighting back and egging rulk on to hit him harder...

carver9
Naah, looking at that fight...he was killing Rulk. Him allowing Rulk to do that isn't bad at all. Post that fight in the character ownage thread.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Read the fight with Unit, gotta say, Colossus has this special ability to suck in a way that few characters could ever hope to match.

The battle with Rulk was extremely meh. After Colossus transforms, he starts beating the shit out of Rulk until he messes with his head. The Russian then pulls off his helmet, and gives Rulk his opening, he then gets layed out in 3 hits (Which imo is pretty weak).

Also, it's pretty clear that regular Colossus could never hope to take on Rulk, Romita just didn't draw a helmet.
So much for that fabled total invulnerability.

carver9
By the way, that look Colossus had going on when Cytorrak took control kind of remind me of Doomsday. I like it.

Estacado
Originally posted by abhilegend
So much for that fabled total invulnerability.
That was basically Normal Colossus...

-K-M-
Yeah when Colossus doesn't have his Juggernaut helmet on that is just regular old Colossus. By addding his helmet he gains the ability of Juggernaut.

I thought for sure they were going to have him win as Colossus is going to be battling various other characters (Thing and Spider-Man revealed thus far)

nwg202
Colossus wanted to snap the pillar supporting Utopia along with Rulk so he powered down before he was consumed by the bloodlust. Demon Colossus would have definately killed Rulk.

-K-M-
Yeah but he had to amp on his amp. As it looks like Rulk even HURT (Whaaaaaa?) Colossus when he was in his base Juggernaut form.

juggerman
Damn you Colossus!!! Way to make being The Juggernaut look completely awful! Tho i do believe Colossus has more control of his power level than Cain has shown (lowering and raising it like that) it still hurts to see that crap as a Juggernaut fan

nwg202
feral was able to scratch cain...shatter star poked his eyes out. Pete should really just lose control though...just to see what really happens.

carver9
I dont see anything wrong with the showing...if anything, it was a good showing for Colossus. He was destroying Red Hulk and powered down so that Hulk could beat him. What's wrong with that? Now we know that a full powered Colossus is no joke and appears to be above Cain...far above him imo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Meh, I would have liked to have seen a better fight but compared to his other showings, it was all alright.

I'm more worried about Thor facing the Phoenix. It isn't Fraction, Gillen or Bendis writing the main battle, apparently Remender is for some reason, which based on history doesn't fill me with confidence. He's more of a street level guy writing about a cosmic entity which has been one shotting planets with ease.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Estacado
That was basically Normal Colossus... Originally posted by -K-M-
Yeah when Colossus doesn't have his Juggernaut helmet on that is just regular old Colossus. By addding his helmet he gains the ability of Juggernaut.

I thought for sure they were going to have him win as Colossus is going to be battling various other characters (Thing and Spider-Man revealed thus far)
Ah, didn't know that.

-K-M-
Originally posted by nwg202
feral was able to scratch cain...shatter star poked his eyes out. Pete should really just lose control though...just to see what really happens.

Yeah but that shouldn't happen, fire thrown at him by Nightcrawler has hurt him in the past, but he is supposed to be invulnerable. I knew about Shatterstar, but never noticed that Feral actually scratched him...that's bad.

nwg202
Originally posted by -K-M-
Yeah but that shouldn't happen, fire thrown at him by Nightcrawler has hurt him in the past, but he is supposed to be invulnerable. I knew about Shatterstar, but never noticed that Feral actually scratched him...that's bad.

Yeah, it's really hard to write someone completely invulnerable. Especially if he is a hero and on a team. nothing heroic about someone who can't get hurt i guess...

abhilegend
He was depowered when feral scratched him. That's also the time when sammy the fish boy saved him from drowning.

-K-M-
He was depowered when feral scratched him. That's also the time when sammy the fish boy saved him from drowning.

That was Huggernaut, that wasn't when he was truely Juggernaut.

carver9
Meh, I would have liked to have seen a better fight but compared to his other showings, it was all alright.

I'm more worried about Thor facing the Phoenix. It isn't Fraction, Gillen or Bendis writing the main battle, apparently Remender is for some reason, which based on history doesn't fill me with confidence. He's more of a street level guy writing about a cosmic entity which has been one shotting planets with ease.

Thor will do good like always. He is basically one of the main Heralds (besides Gladiator) that will be facing the Phoenix force. He might pull another Void and land the finishing blow.

-K-M-
Unlikely, he is going to fight the Pheonix now (he's in space) and we know this series is going to issue 12. It will most likely be Wanda or Hope that saves the day.

juggerman
Red Hulk really needed this win. Too bad it was presented to him on a silver platter like that. Im really starting to miss Marko.

abhilegend
That was Huggernaut, that wasn't when he was truely Juggernaut.
He was going to die by a bomb untill Angel saved him.

nwg202

Wasn't sammy the fish boy a couple of years after this showing? I could be wrong though...A juggernaut should be almost invulnerable though. I've seen nimrod backhand cain and beast take off his helmet trip him down a set of stairs...eh i guess a lot of is due to errors by the artists more then the writers.

Pretty sure feral shouldn't be able to scratch any juggernaut period. Just like colossus bleeding against Kuurth when he does not have blood.

carver9
Unlikely, he is going to fight the Pheonix now (he's in space) and we know this series is going to issue 12. It will most likely be Wanda or Hope that saves the day.

The Phoenix Force suppose to get into Emma first right?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by carver9
Thor will do good like always. He is basically one of the main Heralds (besides Gladiator) that will be facing the Phoenix force. He might pull another Void and land the finishing blow.

If someone like Fraction was writing, I really wouldn't be worried but a street level writer? Thor will probably hold it at bay and then get taken out by a blast or something. Not that it would be a bad showing, the Phoenix has been coming off as powerful during this event. Flying through a planet alone causes it to be destroyed and it incinerated Terrax indirectly.

Since Thor's also fighting Captain Marvel, I'm going to bet on the Avengers squad failing, encountering the Kree, and then fighting the Phoenix again or something. Or maybe they only get the one shot. I'm curious as to what happens in that preview page though, it is from a Fraction penned comic IIRC and it seems to be a last/desperate stand.

Thor from the solicits will probably fight a Phoenix host though. That would give him a better chance based on history instead of fighting the force itself.

abhilegend
laughing out loud @gladiator part.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'll honestly be surprised if Gladiator isn't taken out by it just flying through his sector of space.

carver9
If someone like Fraction was writing, I really wouldn't be worried but a street level writer? Thor will probably hold it at bay and then get taken out by a blast or something. Not that it would be a bad showing, the Phoenix has been coming off as powerful during this event. Flying through a planet alone causes it to be destroyed and it incinerated Terrax indirectly.

Since Thor's also fighting Captain Marvel, I'm going to bet on the Avengers squad failing, encountering the Kree, and then fighting the Phoenix again or something. Or maybe they only get the one shot. I'm curious as to what happens in that preview page though, it is from a Fraction penned comic IIRC and it seems to be a last stand.

Wait a minute...at some point, isn't Thor facing Colossus?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think so. One of the reasons his not on Earth is to even up the odds for the X-men in the first place. Kind of defeats the purpose if he comes back and starts facing the ground troops. The X-men are already loosing.

carver9
laughing out loud @gladiator part.

What's wrong with me mentioning Gladiator? One of the most powerful beings in MU. Gladiator>Superman.

carver9
I'll honestly be surprised if Gladiator isn't taken out by it just flying through his sector of space.

Shut up.

-K-M-
He was going to die by a bomb untill Angel saved him.

Wasn't full powered Juggernaut. ie. Huggeranut

Rage.Of.Olympus
Shut up.

I'm just being realistic here man.

carver9
I'm just being realistic here man.

You are clearly lowballing but whatever. We will just have to wait and see.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hey, if Gladiator puts up a great showing, more power to him, Terrax was atomized along with his planet.

I don't have anything against Gladiator despite what you might think.

abhilegend
What's wrong with me mentioning Gladiator? One of the most powerful beings in MU. Gladiator>Superman.
laughing gambit>gladiatorOriginally posted by -K-M-
Wasn't full powered Juggernaut. ie. Huggeranut
I'm saying the same thing in defence of feral scratching cain, canadian boy.uhuh

srankmissingnin
I don't think so. One of the reasons his not on Earth is to even up the odds for the X-men in the first place. Kind of defeats the purpose if he comes back and starts facing the ground troops. The X-men are already loosing.

Beast and Luke are going to fight, so that team is staying in space. We already knew he is going to fight Storm for example.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I thought Thor vs. Storm was just a promo?

I'm morbidly curious as to how a writer can justify Thor vs. Storm lasting for more than a few panels.

Thor will be in space fighting the Phoenix until at least #4. Or maybe they go back to Earth and then return to Space for one last suicidal attempt.

abhilegend
I thought Thor vs. Storm was just a promo?

I'm morbidly curious as to how a writer can justify Thor vs. Storm lasting for more than a few panels.

Thor will be in space fighting the Phoenix until at least #4. Or maybe they go back to Earth and then return to Space for one last suicidal attempt.
Yeah, storm would oneshot thor without writers restrainig her potential. I just browsed comicvine in my defense.

nwg202
hmmm....looks like all the x-men are jobbing based on avx vs....or maybe based on scott's new letter to humanity he is trying to making it appear that the avengers are bullies, and warning the humans that its not his fault if he unleashes the true power of the e-team.

Then again the new avengers movie will be rolling into theaters soon.

JakeTheBank

Colossus as Juggernaut is horrendously stupid.

http://www.starless.dk/forum/images/smilies/troll.gif

Gooood....good.

abhilegend
http://www.starless.dk/forum/images/smilies/troll.gif

Gooood....good.
youbastard

stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
I'd be surprised if anyone thought Piotr wasn't going to drop the ball here.

Just find it humorous how people still think Colossus as Cyttorak's herald/champion/Juggy is highly impressive and have this tendency to project Cain's feats onto him.

abhilegend
I'd be surprised if anyone thought Piotr wasn't going to drop the ball here.

Just find it humorous how people still think Colossus as Cyttorak's herald/champion/Juggy is highly impressive and have this tendency to project Cain's feats onto him.

-K-M-
I'm saying the same thing in defence of feral scratching cain, canadian boy.uhuh

and there lies the problem, the examples mentioned were when Juggernaut was weakened or depowered and that's why he was hurt. Here he was full power and not depowered, but still was hurt. That's bad.

juggerman
Well shouldnt Cains feats count foe Piotr too? I mean shouldnt he be capable of everything Cain did since he has the same power? Like wouldnt Zod be able to pull off Supermans feat since they have the exact same powers?

abhilegend
and there lies the problem, the examples mentioned were when Juggernaut was weakened or depowered and that's why he was hurt. Here he was full power and not depowered, but still was hurt. That's bad.
Different characters I guess.Originally posted by juggerman
Well shouldnt Cains feats count foe Piotr too? I mean shouldnt he be capable of everything Cain did since he has the same power? Like wouldnt Zod be able to pull off Supermans feat since they have the exact same powers?
No to both.

juggerman
^ explain please

abhilegend
Originally posted by juggerman
^ explain please
Feats can't be transferred between characters, no matter how similar. Superman is most powerful kryptonian. He is captain america of kryptonians, the peak specimen.

-K-M-
This Juggernaut was stunned even possibly ko'ed by Unit pretty easily. Can't say I'm too impressed with Juggernaut/Collosus so far

1. http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/UXMEN1005.jpg
2. http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/UXMEN1006.jpg
3. http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/UXMEN1007.jpg

abhilegend
This Juggernaut was stunned even possibly ko'ed by Unit pretty easily. Can't say I'm too impressed with Juggernaut/Collosus so far

1. http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/UXMEN1005.jpg
2. http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/UXMEN1006.jpg
3. http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/Newer/UXMEN1007.jpg
By tripping on his feet you mean. At least darkseid wasn't koed by those stairs.

DickBlazer
Naah, looking at that fight...he was killing Rulk. Him allowing Rulk to do that isn't bad at all. Post that fight in the character ownage thread.

Clearly colossus was destroying rulk. He let rulk win obviously

Rage.Of.Olympus
Haha, I'll take Thor getting owned by the Phoenix over that shit any day.

Colossus does serve a useful purpose. Whenever Hulk, Thor, Superman, Surfer etc. have a bad showing, all a fan has to do is look at this schmucks track record and they'll feel better.

JakeTheBank
I hope one day he completely gives in to the dark side or whatever and then gets one-paneled by Hulk or something.

abhilegend
Haha, I'll take Thor getting owned by the Phoenix over that shit any day.

Colossus does serve a useful purpose. Whenever Hulk, Thor, Superman, Surfer etc. have a bad showing, all a fan has to do is look at this schmucks track record and they'll feel better.
What? Thor hasn't had a massive upgrade and got koed by tripping and falling face first?

-K-M-
We don't know if he was ko'ed, but seemed like he definetly was stunned.

I feel Marvel is really dropping the ball on the character. There have been other showings which has made me raise an eyebrow wondering what Marvel was thinking.

CosmicComet
they never said shit about what happened to cain after fear itself, did they?

juggerman
Cain apparently vanished into thin air

-K-M-
Originally posted by CosmicComet
they never said shit about what happened to cain after fear itself, did they?

Nope nothing.

nwg202
So who's respect thread does this fight go to? The one who blatantly threw the game? or the other one who got the cheapest of wins?

juggerman
Colossonaut

-K-M-
Colossus as when he went into his demon-mode he showed he was drastically above Rulk. However, Rulk has lost his energy absoprtion abilites (can only absorb gamma energy now) so it's not as impressive when he was first introduced. Still trounced a class 100 character fairly easily with brute strength.

Estacado
It would have been better if Piotr creams Rulk then Magik pops up annd calms him like last time...

-K-M-
That's actually what I figured would have happened and thought Colossus was going to win.

Estacado
We should be writers...313

-K-M-
I write in my diary does that count? raver

DickBlazer
Demon Colossus would have definately killed Rulk.

Obviously. Anyone who thinks rulk was gonna take out "demon" colossus simply hates colossus. He was toying with rulk

Colossus-Big C
lol they should of let colossus end rulk then and there.

Stoic
They should name Petey, Cytorrox (Pronounced Sigh-Tor-Rox) smile

Honestly though, Pete is, and was holding back because if he did not he would have likely beat Ross through Utopia, and wound up killing many of the students in the facility. This really didn't seem like a low showing as much as a great starting point to begin developing the character. I have a strong feeling that Petey may lose the power, and Cain may make a big entrance.

As I read through the responses in concerns to people comparing Cytorrax <--- (Yeah I said it) to Cain, I noticed that very few people remembered that the Avatar of Cytorrak may manifest the power differently, or take different forms, or features, which is pretty clear to me when I see Pete at full power.

Regarless of what people may think of Ross, he's being written as the strongest one there is once again. He said this once before, and saying it twice simply served to hammer the point home with me. Rulk is a very strong character, and is clearly capable of whipping out many class 100's. Cytorrox at full power however is not one of them <--- ( Woo Hoo I said it again!!!)

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
lol they should of let colossus end rulk then and there.

When he was first introduced sure now no Rulk has been transformed into a interesting character that most people like or at least can tolerate.

guy222
Originally posted by Estacado
We should be writers...313

love ur avatar and sig

Stoic
I wonder if there is going to be a round two?

KingD19
Originally posted by Stoic
They should name Petey, Cytorrox (Pronounced Sigh-Tor-Rox) smile

Honestly though, Pete is, and was holding back because if he did not he would have likely beat Ross through Utopia, and wound up killing many of the students in the facility. This really didn't seem like a low showing as much as a great starting point to begin developing the character. I have a strong feeling that Petey may lose the power, and Cain may make a big entrance.

As I read through the responses in concerns to people comparing Cytorrax <--- (Yeah I said it) to Cain, I noticed that very few people remembered that the Avatar of Cytorrak may manifest the power differently, or take different forms, or features, which is pretty clear to me when I see Pete at full power.

Regarless of what people may think of Ross, he's being written as the strongest one there is once again. He said this once before, and saying it twice simply served to hammer the point home with me. Rulk is a very strong character, and is clearly capable of whipping out many class 100's. Cytorrox at full power however is not one of them <--- ( Woo Hoo I said it again!!!)

I agree. I think they'll eventually bring Cain back and he'll have to take up the mantle again as the evil urges become too much or something.

Devron87
Loeb creation=Red Hulk is a spam since the start,too similar physically to Hulk and stole the "strongest there is" catchphrase,where the credibility? this guy is not Hulk,Definitly hope that colossusnaut stomp his azz badly........

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Horrificus
Because, all past history shows that Piotr isn't even the personality type that would be able to capitalize on the Cyttorak power, and definitely should not end up with "uber-cyttorak-power".

And, it is pretty obvious that X-titles love to take even their lowliest characters, ignore continuity and have them end up ruling their own universe, defeating gods, besting high-level characters, etc.

Piotr having the Cy-power is just a ploy to give the X-titles a top+tier brick. Regardless of how it effects the rest of the books.

They want the x-books to have a "Thor", or a "Hulk", or a "Silver Surfer".

Sales!
Sales!
Sales!

Except it makes perfect sense. What greater amusement is there for any Elder demon God then corrupting a pure soul. Mephisto gets his kicks from it. Gillen has done wonders with this Colossus storyline.

They already have characters that can solo Thor, Hulk and Surfer ahem Legion. If anything they try to write out those characters.

Gillen has done an amazing job.

BTW Losing to Unit isn't a bad feat, not if you know what Unit is.

http://www.formspring.me/KieronGillen/q/315069086507742519

Also that blacked out image on the 4th issue of AvX Vs isn't Storm. It's someone with the Phoenix Force. If you zoom in on the cover you'll see it looks nothing like Storm.

ExodusCloak

Actually it's not. Colossus wanted Rulk to knock him unconscious because of the thoughts he was having. He had the urge to smash the pillar but snapped out of it and had Rulk knock him out so he wouldn't be tempted. He was appeasing Cytorrak by letting Rulk knock him out.

Sabro
The beatdown Colossusnaut gave to Rulk really resembles the one Zeus gave to Hulk

Colossus-Big C
it must of been Drawn by the same person

Horrificus
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Except it makes perfect sense. What greater amusement is there for any Elder demon God then corrupting a pure soul. Mephisto gets his kicks from it. Gillen has done wonders with this Colossus storyline.

They already have characters that can solo Thor, Hulk and Surfer ahem Legion. If anything they try to write out those characters.

Gillen has done an amazing job.

BTW Losing to Unit isn't a bad feat, not if you know what Unit is.

http://www.formspring.me/KieronGillen/q/315069086507742519

Also that blacked out image on the 4th issue of AvX Vs isn't Storm. It's someone with the Phoenix Force. If you zoom in on the cover you'll see it looks nothing like Storm. Except that Cyttorak does not corrupt innocent souls. That's not his "thing". And, they all have a "thing".

Cyttorak wants only a person that will flaunt his power, without restraint or consideration, only power for power's sake.

All he cares about is the advertisement. ANYTHING that stands in the way of that, guilt, restraint, goodness, etc, is considered unacceptable to Cyttorak.

For Piotr to become the Juggernaut is a slap in the face to decades of continuity.

For him to be utilizing it to such a high degree is simply retarded.

I called it months ago. I knew it would be handled this way.

We should just be glad that the writers haven't been ordered to give Colossus full reign over Cyttorak, or a hell-dimension, or the 616.

But, I'm sure it's right around the corner...

In the X-titles, everybody gets a turn ruling a universe! roll eyes (sarcastic)

CosmicComet
Except that Cyttorak does not corrupt innocent souls. That's not his "thing". And, they all have a "thing".

Cyttorak wants only a person that will flaunt his power, without restraint or consideration, only power for power's sake.

All he cares about is the advertisement. ANYTHING that stands in the way of that, guilt, restraint, goodness, etc, is considered unacceptable to Cyttorak.

For Piotr to become the Juggernaut is a slap in the face to decades of continuity.

We should just be glad that the writers haven't been ordered to give Colossus full reign over Cyttorak, or a hell-dimension, or the 616.

laughing

Horrificus
Originally posted by CosmicComet
laughing Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all week!

Please try the veal and remember to tip your waitresses.

H out.

Hyperion Prime
Except that Cyttorak does not corrupt innocent souls. That's not his "thing". And, they all have a "thing".

I don't even mess with the x titles. They were good up till the mid 90s.

JakeTheBank

Heh heh heh

thumb up

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Sabro
The beatdown Colossusnaut gave to Rulk really resembles the one Zeus gave to Hulk Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
it must of been Drawn by the same person

Jesus

Also lol at "Juggernaut's" durability.

ExodusCloak

Actually you're wrong because as it stands Xavier was intended to be the original Juggernaut not Cain Marko. Cytorrak doesn't need anyone to flaunt his power. He wants someone to cause destruction in his name. Which is why he was perfectly content with Piotrs blood being spilled.

The power of Cytorrak effects everyone differently. And Piotr not only has magic-proof armour but he also has a stronger will then Cain and is much, much smarter. Not to mention Cain had human strength and durability that was amped. Colossus is superhuman + the amp. And Unlike Marko, his rage is purer. Marko was just some kid who was beaten by his dad, Pietros anger steps from all that he's lost against his fight for Xavier's dream.

Cain at the end of the day was just a bully, in it for petty crime and lacked imagination which is why Cytorraks enchantement effected him in such a banal way. Piotr is an artist. Every battle is a unique master piece in itself. Far more complex and a greater feat of worship then anything Cain has done.

Besides Cyttoraks thought Marko was a failure and has move on to better things. Gillen has done wonders for it considering Austen already destroyed any shred of dignity the Huggernaut had left.

BTW They all corrupt innocent souls. They all claim to be the "real primodial devil" see JIM Souls & Faith/Belief = Power. Cyttorak was pissed that Cain was the one who touched the gem and not Xavier.

ExodusCloak
Edit.

The Sorrow
Colossus is supposed to be a Juggernaut but his durability hasn't looked great. Baseline Rulk took more hits than mutated Colossus who is more powerful than his Juggernaut form.

nwg202
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Colossus is supposed to be a Juggernaut but his durability hasn't looked great. Baseline Rulk took more hits than mutated Colossus who is more powerful than his Juggernaut form.

Actually i think Colossus was powering down when Rulk ko'ed him. He saw that he was about to break the pillar and controlled the bloodlust and fought Cyttorak's influence and powered down. Pretty sure that was the writers intent. It's just that people look at all the details in vs forums from number of punches taken etc...hell, regular Colossus was taking punches and stalemating rulk for awhile...

Regular juggernaut/Colossus took lightning, punches and hammer strikes from Kuurth and kept going. It wouldn't make any sense for demon Colossus to have less durability then regular helmet wearing Colossus.

It's just Land drawing him slowly powering down. It doesn't make sense either that Colossus now bleeds since he touched the gem. It's more the artists fault for not researching on the character..actually its marvel editorials fault. Just like feral scratching Cain, that never should have happend.

nwg202
Pretty sure, demon Colossus > then Rulk or serpent only powered Kuurth.

The Sorrow
Actually i think Colossus was powering down when Rulk ko'ed him. He saw that he was about to break the pillar and controlled the bloodlust and fought Cyttorak's influence and powered down. Pretty sure that was the writers intent. It's just that people look at all the details in vs forums from number of punches taken etc...

Regular juggernaut/Colossus took lightning, punches and hammer strikes from Kuurth and kept going. It wouldn't make any sense for demon Colossus to have less durability then regular helmet wearing Colossus.

It's just Land drawing him slowly powering down. It doesn't make sense either that Colossus now bleeds since he touched the gem. It's more the artists fault for not researching on the character..actually its marvel editorials fault. Just like feral scratching Cain, that never should have happend.
It's possible but Colossus was still mutated, the first time he did this and powered down he reverted back to his normal form iirc. Plus I don't see regular Colossus taking punches from a pissed Rulk and asking for more when Red Hulk is as strong, if not stronger than someone like Thor.

nwg202
It's possible but Colossus was still mutated, the first time he did this and powered down he reverted back to his normal form iirc. Plus I don't see regular Colossus taking punches from a pissed Rulk and asking for more when Red Hulk is as strong, if not stronger than someone like Thor.

Well, in avx 2 he got smashed from behind and was tangling with Rulk for quite some time. the next time we saw them was in uncanny x-men 11 when they were in the water. Like i said, in comics consistency is really hard to gauge especially when you look strictly at the art. I'm just trying to look at it with common sense.

rulk>then normal colosus, rulk=helmet colossus( maybe i dunno...) rulk<demon Colossus. I mean rulk got owned by worth thing, Colossus vs kuurth was either a victory or a draw depending on how you look at it. If you look at it from the art side you would think Colossus was creaming Kuurth. but a lot of people disagree with that assumption. If demon colossus is just a little stronger or just as strong as regular cyttorak colossus what is the point of him going into demon mode? like i said Colossus isn't supposed to bleed. Now that he touched the gem he bleeds all the time. It's artistic errors all over the place imo.

Horrificus
Actually you're wrong because as it stands Xavier was intended to be the original Juggernaut not Cain Marko. Cytorrak doesn't need anyone to flaunt his power. He wants someone to cause destruction in his name. Which is why he was perfectly content with Piotrs blood being spilled.

The power of Cytorrak effects everyone differently. And Piotr not only has magic-proof armour but he also has a stronger will then Cain and is much, much smarter. Not to mention Cain had human strength and durability that was amped. Colossus is superhuman + the amp. And Unlike Marko, his rage is purer. Marko was just some kid who was beaten by his dad, Pietros anger steps from all that he's lost against his fight for Xavier's dream.

Cain at the end of the day was just a bully, in it for petty crime and lacked imagination which is why Cytorraks enchantement effected him in such a banal way. Piotr is an artist. Every battle is a unique master piece in itself. Far more complex and a greater feat of worship then anything Cain has done.

Besides Cyttoraks thought Marko was a failure and has move on to better things. Gillen has done wonders for it considering Austen already destroyed any shred of dignity the Huggernaut had left.

BTW They all corrupt innocent souls. They all claim to be the "real primodial devil" see JIM Souls & Faith/Belief = Power. Cyttorak was pissed that Cain was the one who touched the gem and not Xavier. "Purer rage"?
Piotr having a stronger will?
Piotr being an artist?
His battles are unique master pieces? What?! When?! Where?! Who?! How?! Why?! confused
Feats of worship?
I don't know where to start...

And no, Cyttorak has never showed the slightest interest in "innocent souls".

I am guessing that you are one of the few who were excited about Piotr getting the "crimson".

DickBlazer
Actually it's not. Colossus wanted Rulk to knock him unconscious because of the thoughts he was having. He had the urge to smash the pillar but snapped out of it and had Rulk knock him out so he wouldn't be tempted. He was appeasing Cytorrak by letting Rulk knock him out.

Bingo. Regular colossus actually screamed at rulk to hit him harder. Rulk was no match for full bore juggy mode

The Sorrow
Well, in avx 2 he got smashed from behind and was tangling with Rulk for quite some time. the next time we saw them was in uncanny x-men 11 when they were in the water. Like i said, in comics consistency is really hard to gauge especially when you look strictly at the art. I'm just trying to look at it with common sense.

rulk>then normal colosus, rulk=helmet colossus( maybe i dunno...) rulk<demon Colossus. I mean rulk got owned by worth thing, Colossus vs kuurth was either a victory or a draw depending on how you look at it. If you look at it from the art side you would think Colossus was creaming Kuurth. If demon colossus is just a little stronger or just as strong as regular cyttorak colossus what is the point of him going into demon mode?
Colossus admitted on panel Kuurth was above him though and beat him through plot, Red Hulk gave a good account of himself and at one point had the upperhand against Worthy Thing before eventually falling. Did Kuurth even use his hammer against Colossus? I forget.

I guess the upcoming months will shed more light on this new form but to me it just seemed as though Colossus saw sense and stopped fighting, allowing Rulk to beat him down not that he depowered himself *shrug*

nwg202
Colossus admitted on panel Kuurth was above him though and beat him through plot, Red Hulk gave a good account of himself and at one point had the upperhand against Worthy Thing before eventually falling. Did Kuurth even use his hammer against Colossus? I forget.

I guess the upcoming months will shed more light on this new form but to me it just seemed as though Colossus saw sense and stopped fighting, allowing Rulk to beat him down not that he depowered himself *shrug*

Yup. pretty sure we will see the form again when he faces Hulk.

Horrificus
Sigh...

Now we will all be subject to more of Piotr mewling and whining. So much power... erg! Forcing me, ah, to, um, to destroy!

Not that this is how the power EVER worked before. But, X-men have to suffer. Right?

"Oh no! I'm so attractive. Uhhnn... And, and have Godlike powers! So, so much money, ugh! Been flying super-jets since I was 8 years old. ooooooo. Surrounded by gorgeous, agghhh... Gorgeous mutant ladies!
It's just not fair!!!!!
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!"

So funny. big grin

Please bring Cain back.

Regardless of what many of you feel, there are still many of us that loved the whole "regular guy", oaf/jerk thing that he had going.

It was a breath of fresh air.

Estacado
Originally posted by guy222
love ur avatar and sig
Thanks buddy..313

Reacting2

Horrificus
but to me it just seemed as though Colossus saw sense and stopped fighting, allowing Rulk to beat him down not that he depowered himself *shrug* That's what I thought too.

Maybe he removed the helmet, but the powering down thing doesn't seem right.

And, regardless, the whole situation with Piotr stopping before causing mass destruction is just another slap in the face to the Cyttorak mythos. Regardless of whether he bled or not.

They are rewriting the whole shebang.

Reacting2
That's what I thought too.

Maybe he removed the helmet, but the powering down thing doesn't seem right.. his none metal teeth didnt seem right either but thats just bad drawing.. he powered down and let Rulk beat his ass, thats all there is to it and if you think otherwise you need to get your head check

The Sorrow

Reacting2
I'm looking at it objectively, rather than "*GASP* Juggernaut was taken down by physical force he shouldn't be harmed! and jumping on the bandwagon.
When Colossus was out, that's when he transformed back. Of course he kicks Rulks ass if he was trying to win but that wasn't my point. ok you are this Dumb confused

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Reacting2
ok you are this Dumb confused
Removing his helmet/hood =/= Colossus powering down

Reacting2
Removing his helmet/hood =/= Colossus powering down you clearly dont know what you are talking about boy

carver9
Just want to show proof that Colossus powered down.

Here we have Rulk punching Cytolossus and it does nothing...Cytolossus runs straight through it.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/11671316/17.jpg.html

Here we have Cytolossus getting punched by Rulk again (while powered down) and its damaging him.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/11671319/20.jpg.html

Pretty clear imo.

DarkSaint85
I saw it as him powering down - maybe not powered down just yet, but getting there.

As evidence/reasoning for my conclusions, if you look at Colossus when he was killing Rulk, he has spines and whatnot all over his body. Later on, you see his spines receding.

carver9
Would you all like to see something amazing? Let's compare.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/11671317/18.jpg.html

Second...

http://m980.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/ankur2292/IncredibleHulk611015.jpg.html?src=www&action=view&current=IncredibleHulk611015.jpg
http://m980.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/ankur2292/IncredibleHulk611016.jpg.html?o=88
http://m980.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/ankur2292/IncredibleHulk611017.jpg.html?o=89

wink

The Sorrow
Just want to show proof that Colossus powered down.

Here we have Rulk punching Cytolossus and it does nothing...Cytolossus runs straight through it.

Here we have Cytolossus getting punched by Rulk again (while powered down) and its damaging him.

Pretty clear imo.
I'm just not convinced is all. The first scan seemed more of a collision, than anything and Cytolossus (lol) proved he was stronger. The 2nd scan involves him literally allowing Red Hulk to give him full blown punches to the face after he ripped some of his "armour" off, big difference, I don't see that as depowering but maybe that's just me.

you clearly dont know what you are talking about boy
STFU.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I saw it as him powering down - maybe not powered down just yet, but getting there.

As evidence/reasoning for my conclusions, if you look at Colossus when he was killing Rulk, he has spines and whatnot all over his body. Later on, you see his spines receding.

Didn't notice that and I do see that but that last showing with Rulk is proof that Rulk could take out a full power COLOSSONAUT (not Cytolossus).

-K-M-
We saw Rulk hurt Juggernaut with his 'super heated thumbs' and that's what prompted the demon form change.

Reacting2
I don't see that as depowering but maybe that's just me. is just you, you are this dumb

Reacting2
Rulk could take out a full power COLOSSONAUT (not Cytolossus). no, Rulk aint taking down Colossonaut either.

carver9
no, Rulk aint taking down Colossonaut either.

Why not?

Reacting2
Why not? not enough proof of it, as a none jugged out colossus he tanked a surprice attack from rulk, and was going blow for blow with Rulk without having to use his unstoppability like he did with kuurth, just because his eyes were hurt means nothing, is just like if rulk was fighting WWH and did the same dirty tactics(which he did because colossus was a better fighter) and WWH goes into WBH mode, that does not mean Rulk is>WWH right? pete just got loose and we saw how awful is that for everybody around him

Hyperion Prime
Peter was powering down...no question.

-K-M-
He definetly was, but we know Rulk could still hurt Colossus in Juggernaut form which is kind of silly.

Reacting2
Removing his helmet/hood =/= Colossus powering down

if only you knew what you were talking about,

Originally posted by steve2275
http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/61bc03ai10976/prv10976_pg3.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/61bc03ai10976/prv10976_pg4.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/61bc03ai10976/prv10976_pg5.jpg

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ID9aFEPUro8/TrR1AmrLhvI/AAAAAAAAB4s/qELpyAcjx18/s1600/xmenuncanny2-1d.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IKQdDamILys/TrR1A1BV5OI/AAAAAAAAB40/FT-Ps10noD8/s1600/xmenuncanny2-1e+emma+lost+an+arm.jpg
Heals instantly when he calls upon his juggernaut enchantment
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sQqdjvR54b8/TrR1BSsMy1I/AAAAAAAAB48/fdgB5PMa_Qk/s1600/xmenuncanny2-1f+colossusnaut+powerup.jpg
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9603362_Uncanny_X-Men_01_Megan-Empire_pg25.jpg

Colossus is immortal if he wishes to be, he can get hurt or K.O if he also allows it.

Reacting2
He definetly was, but we know Rulk could still hurt Colossus in Juggernaut form which is kind of silly. Hurting him is of no concern here, he can heal in an instant, that is if he wishes for it.

-K-M-
Hurting him is of no concern here, he can heal in an instant, that is if he wishes for it.

You shouldn't be able to hurt Juggernaut, but he did. Im not debating if Rulk can beat him or not.

Horrificus
The fact is that Colostonaut (get it? a combination of colostomy and Juggernaut! hehe, funny, right?), anyway, he sucks.

If Cyttorak was really watching, he would have yanked those powers asap.

Sissy whiner, throwin' the fight, just to save a lot of stupid lives.

Maybe Piotr should see if the God of Artsy-Fartsy is looking for an Avatar. stick out tongue

Or, perhaps the Dark Lord of the Weeping-Hugs Dimension needs somebody to spread the word. roll eyes (sarcastic)

He's a big, metal girl.

Bender is Great!

ExodusCloak
"Purer rage"?
Piotr having a stronger will?
Piotr being an artist?
His battles are unique master pieces? What?! When?! Where?! Who?! How?! Why?! confused
Feats of worship?
I don't know where to start...

And no, Cyttorak has never showed the slightest interest in "innocent souls".

I am guessing that you are one of the few who were excited about Piotr getting the "crimson".

You should start trying to actually understand what is being written instead of focusing on feats. Feats are superficial.

As for your questions:

- X-Men by Joss Whedon.
- Piotr is an artist since his inception. If you read Fear Itself you'll see how he describes his fight with the Breaker or Stone or whatever that guys name is. It was his masterpiece. In this issue his line after spilling Rulks blood "I always wanted to use watercolours".

Kieron Gillen has masterfully crafted a story that shows what an idiot Colossus is. His entire snikt is self sacrifice...and it has basically turned into his death wish.

I've never liked Colossus until now. I'm completely shocked that Gillen has finally managed to turn this obsession he has with self sacrifice into a viable and interesting story.

All Demon Gods/Gods care about souls. It's a source of power. This stems back all the way to Secret Wars II. Belief and "advertising is another source of power.

ExodusCloak
We saw Rulk hurt Juggernaut with his 'super heated thumbs' and that's what prompted the demon form change.

I don't think he was hurt and if he was hurt I don't think he was tapping into the power. The captions say he was trying to supress his urge to kill Rulk. Rulk was making it difficult to surpress those urges by attacking him.

And it's pretty clear that Colossus powered down. Those panels are dynamic. Not only did he shrink down in those consequetive panels but he was slowly shedding his army.

-K-M-
I don't think he was hurt and if he was hurt I don't think he was tapping into the power. The captions say he was trying to supress his urge to kill Rulk. Rulk was making it difficult to surpress those urges by attacking him.

And it's pretty clear that Colossus powered down. Those panels are dynamic. Not only did he shrink down in those consequetive panels but he was slowly shedding his army.

He let out a scream, and in the next panel he was grabbing his head. He was hurt.

Yeah I agree with you with the second part.

juggernaut74
The Colossus and Red Hulk fight was pretty crappy. Neither of them put anything into it, what a huge let down. All of the fights so far in AvX were let downs but we have plenty to go so hopefully it will pick up.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>