HP Doomsday Vs KC Superman & Cap Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3855/114086-17885-doomsday_large.jpg

vs

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad214/prepman005/Superman-AlRio.jpg
http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad214/prepman005/387px-captain_marvel_kingdom_come_001_02.jpg

-Pr-
Team.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
Team. you gotta be shitting me...

Cogito
Too hard to call.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
you gotta be shitting me...

What.

Starscream M
What. those 2 do not stand a chance against hp dd.

-Pr-
those 2 do not stand a chance against hp dd.

I think they do.

If there was no chance, this would be a spite thread.

Starscream M
I think they do.

If there was no chance, this would be a spite thread. yes, it is spite.

hp dd treated superman and darkseid like toilet paper. these guys might fare slightly better, but are nowhere near powerful enough to actually beat dd.

-Pr-
yes, it is spite.

hp dd treated superman and darkseid like toilet paper. these guys might fare slightly better, but are nowhere near powerful enough to actually beat dd.

No, it's not spite.

he beat a Superman that's fifteen years old, before at least TWO upgrades, and current pre reboot Superman was still weaker than KC Superman.

And Darkseid is generally written as being Superman's physical equal, like Captain Marvel etc.

Enzeru
No, it's not spite.
he beat a Superman that's fifteen years old, before at least TWO upgrades, and current pre reboot Superman was still weaker than KC Superman.
And Darkseid is generally written as being Superman's physical equal, like Captain Marvel etc.

I don't get it. So many people insist on the "fact" that Darkseid never got retconned and that PC Darkseid and the normal Darkseid were one and the same, because he remembered things from pre crisis and so on.

I can't imagine Darkseid having any other real upgrades. In fact, he had even more downs. Someone should create a "Darkseid runs the stairs gauntlet"-battle on Killermovies.

However, HP Doomsday went through Darkseid like he was nothing. Darkseid was even afraid of Doomsday. And don't even try to come with the Darkseid-Avatar story ~_~

Or am I confusing the Doomsday versions right now?
H/P Doomsday is the Doomsday who pierced Superman's skin easily and broke his arm, so that Superman didn't have a different choice but to BFR Doomsday into oblivion.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Enzeru
I don't get it. So many people insist on the "fact" that Darkseid never got retconned and that PC Darkseid and the normal Darkseid were one and the same, because he remembered things from pre crisis and so on.

I can't imagine Darkseid having any other real upgrades. In fact, he had even more downs. Someone should create a "Darkseid runs the stairs gauntlet"-battle on Killermovies.

However, HP Doomsday went through Darkseid like he was nothing. Darkseid was even afraid of Doomsday. And don't even try to come with the Darkseid-Avatar story ~_~

Or am I confusing the Doomsday versions right now?
H/P Doomsday is the Doomsday who pierced Superman's skin easily and broke his arm, so that Superman didn't have a different choice but to BFR Doomsday into oblivion.

No, it's the right Doomsday you're thinking of.

There were Darkseid avatars, yes. And people impersonating him.

His "downs" are generally the result of bad writing.

As I said though, Darkseid is generally, like Captain Marvel, written at a level relative to Superman's power level when they meet; there's just been some crap showings over the years. His good ones make up for it though; more than.

Starscream M
No, it's the right Doomsday you're thinking of.

There were Darkseid avatars, yes. And people impersonating him.

His "downs" are generally the result of bad writing.

As I said though, Darkseid is generally, like Captain Marvel, written at a level relative to Superman's power level when they meet; there's just been some crap showings over the years. His good ones make up for it though; more than. he was scared shitless of HP DD though...nobody EVER made DS that scared

-Pr-
he was scared shitless of HP DD though...nobody EVER made DS that scared

Nobody ever scared Superman that much either; it was a common theme throughout the story and much of Jurgens' work on Superman.

Starscream M
Nobody ever scared Superman that much either; it was a common theme throughout the story and much of Jurgens' work on Superman. right, hence DD is one of DC's ultimate badasses...he ain't losing to KC supes and marvel. he's intended to be a much bigger threat, a team buster threat. HP DD can really only be defeated by cosmic skyfathers or plot devices.

-Pr-
right, hence DD is one of DC's ultimate badasses...he ain't losing to KC supes and marvel. he's intended to be a much bigger threat, a team buster threat. HP DD can really only be defeated by cosmic skyfathers or plot devices.

Superman has beaten him more than once.

No, DD is not meant to be a team buster threat; he's meant to represent Superman's ultimate enemy. The only reason they ever use the JLA or anyone else is just to establish him as a threat. More often than not it will come down to him and Superman.

Starscream M
Superman has beaten him more than once.
When has Superman ever 'beaten' HP DD? And bfring him isn't beating him

-Pr-
When has Superman ever 'beaten' HP DD? And bfring him isn't beating him

He's beaten Doomsday. HP DD is still Doomsday.

How is BFR not a win?

DarkSaint85
Also - there's the whole magic thing, which Doomsday has never seen before iirc.

Starscream M
He's beaten Doomsday. HP DD is still Doomsday.

How is BFR not a win? HP DD is DD evolved off all his weaknesses, hence beating dd means nothing in relation to HP DD.

also, bfr is not a win because superman used a shitload of plot devices that he doesn't have in this fight.

DarkSaint85
HP DD is DD evolved off all his weaknesses, hence beating dd means nothing in relation to HP DD.

also, bfr is not a win because superman used a shitload of plot devices that he doesn't have in this fight.

All his weaknesses?

Starscream M
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
All his weaknesses? yes.

DarkSaint85
Except being hit by Imperiex beams, obviously. Or was that a different Doomsday? Or did he get 'devolved', as it were?

-Pr-
HP DD is DD evolved off all his weaknesses, hence beating dd means nothing in relation to HP DD.

No he isn't.

BFR was a victory at the time though. Just because he can't replicate it doesn't mean he didn't win at the time.

Starscream M
Except being hit by Imperiex beams, obviously. Or was that a different Doomsday? Or did he get 'devolved', as it were? that was a slightly different dd...all versions after HP DD were inferior in some ways

also, being killed by imperiex was not a weakness of dd, as he never faced it before. I said HP dd had none of the weaknesses of the original dd, didn't mean that hp dd had NO weaknesses.

Starscream M
No he isn't.

BFR was a victory at the time though. Just because he can't replicate it doesn't mean he didn't win at the time. so if some kid aims a teleport gun at thanos and bfrs him, we can use that on a thread supporting the kid being able to beat thanos? come on dooder erm

DarkSaint85
so if some kid aims a teleport gun at thanos and bfrs him, we can use that on a thread supporting the kid being able to beat thanos? come on dooder erm

Surely it would depend on the kid....

Example: current Ultimate Reed Richards, who's created Xorn and the City etc etc. If he created a teleport gun, and BFred Thanos into the NEgative Zone....why not?

Also, with regards to the HP DD/Imperiex point you made earlier - I get ya. What do you think magical lightning would do to him, considering he has never faced it before?

-Pr-
so if some kid aims a teleport gun at thanos and bfrs him, we can use that on a thread supporting the kid being able to beat thanos? come on dooder erm

if you remove someone from the battlefield and end the fight, it counts as a win. it has no reflection on physical might or power.

Starscream M
What do you think magical lightning would do to him, considering he has never faced it before? I honestly don't think it would do much other than phase him the first time its used, after 2 or 3 hits, i think it would be useless.

Starscream M
if you remove someone from the battlefield and end the fight, it counts as a win. it has no reflection on physical might or power. but superman doesn't have that device in this thread, so why bring it up?

DarkSaint85
I believe it was you who first brought up the 'bfr is not a win' topic....

Naija boy
Team

JakeTheBank
Team.

HP Doomsday is being overrated.

zeel
tough fight but team KC beat DD.

DTM
Ill support HP Doomsday to win here. One of his best showings in that series was him fighting Superman, Orion and Martian Manhunter together, at the same time, and he was winning. KC Superman and Capt Marvel do not exceed that level of power IMHO,

Stoic
Except being hit by Imperiex beams, obviously. Or was that a different Doomsday? Or did he get 'devolved', as it were?

Yeah ha ha, I've always wondered about that same thing. Does Doomsday devolve?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.