Sabretooth vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jhonyBoy
who will win this fight?

Laminator_X
Creed clearly has a lot of advantages, but I'd never bet against Cap.

juggernaut74
Yea, Cap wins.

srankmissingnin
Probably the guy who has been shot out of a torpedo tube from space, crashed into the earth and instantly got up none the worse for wear?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Yea, Cap wins.

laughing laughing laughing laughing

please tell me this is some sad joke

Parmaniac
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Probably the guy who has been shot out of a torpedo tube from space, crashed into the earth and instantly got up none the worse for wear? Yeah Cap is a beast

abhilegend
Probably the guy who has been shot out of a torpedo tube from space, crashed into the earth and instantly got up none the worse for wear?
You mean cap wins. Totally agree.biscuits

Nietzschean
Sabretooth should win quite handedly against Cap.
Cap can rabbit and prolong the battle but he isnt winning it..

Sabretooth 9/10 the 1 is for Cap and his Shield Bash Pis..

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Yea, Cap wins.

JakeTheBank
Final Justice ftw.

jinzin
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Creed clearly has a lot of advantages, but I'd never bet against Cap. Then you would be losing money here. Cap is outclassed at every level against an opponent like Creed. Except for having a SLIGHT advantage in h2h combat skill, he brings no real notable advantages to the table to give him the edge in this fight, and the slight advantage in skill he does have is so marginal it's not really worth discussing. Basically, Creed makes a habbit of chasing, stalking, and beating on a superior version of Cap every chance he gets. Most people will give Cap the nod in this thread just by virtue of being Cap, but there's no tangible reason for why he would win here.

cdtm

Jesus, Cap's a monster.

Still has nothing on Batman, but he's better than I thought.

Laminator_X
Originally posted by jinzin
Then you would be losing money here. Cap is outclassed at every level against an opponent like Creed. Except for having a SLIGHT advantage in h2h combat skill, he brings no real notable advantages to the table to give him the edge in this fight, and the slight advantage in skill he does have is so marginal it's not really worth discussing. Basically, Creed makes a habbit of chasing, stalking, and beating on a superior version of Cap every chance he gets. Most people will give Cap the nod in this thread just by virtue of being Cap, but there's no tangible reason for why he would win here.

Everything you've said is true. On paper, Sabertooth should win. And yet, upset victories against impossible odds are kind of Cap's thing. It's the sort of intangible thing that's hard to express in this sort of venue.

Mshinu
Cap gets a few licks in.. then dies horribly.

X-Logan
Sabretooth easily.

jinzin
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Everything you've said is true. On paper, Sabertooth should win. And yet, upset victories against impossible odds are kind of Cap's thing. It's the sort of intangible thing that's hard to express in this sort of venue. Well that's not much more convincing then the classic "he wins because he'll find a way" argument. I mean, under a TON of different circumstances vs. a TON of different characters I would say you were right, but Sabretooth isn't one of them. Not only does Sabretooth take on and run through opposition when the odds are against him as well (Wendigo, Sinister's supermen, whole teams of X-Men, etc etc), but he regularly beats on Wolverine who is Captain America Plus. Even if you want to argue that Cap and Wolverine were on the same level, that would be a hard argument to legitimately defend. You would have to argue that Cap is utterly superior to Wolverine by a significant margin to give him the bone against Creed. I just don't see it and I'm a Rogers fanatic.

srankmissingnin
Ah yeah jinzin back! That guys a baller yo. I hope you like getting balled!

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll40xjjGhw1qbjttio1_500.gif

cdtm
but he regularly beats on Wolverine who is Captain America Plus. Even if you want to argue that Cap and Wolverine were on the same level..

confused

So, in your opinion the list of Marvels top martial artists is Cap/Logan/Sabertooth on the top tier, and everyone else beneath them?

You're entitled to your opinion, but putting Logan and Creed on Caps level in terms of sheer martial arts skill isn't something I can agree with.

cdtm

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll40xjjGhw1qbjttio1_500.gif

Given your love for Wolverine and his love for Creed, are you two usually on the same team, or at each others throats?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by cdtm
Given your love for Wolverine and his love for Creed, are you two usually on the same team, or at each others throats?

Sabretooth is better than Wolverine. He is stronger. He is faster. He has a better healing factor. The only advantage Wolverine has over Creed is skill, and even then it's not a massive advantage as Creed is an incredibly skilled combatant. Sabretooth is above and beyond Wolverine, and he doesn't even take his fights with Wolverine seriously.

cdtm
Sabretooth is better than Wolverine. He is stronger. He is faster. He has a better healing factor. The only advantage Wolverine has over Creed is skill, and even then it's not a massive advantage as Creed is an incredibly skilled combatant. Sabretooth is above and beyond Wolverine, and he doesn't even take his fights with Wolverine seriously.

Didn't that all change after Logans training with Shang Chai.

I've seen the fight, and Logan seemed to handle Creed pretty easily.

jinzin
confused

So, in your opinion the list of Marvels top martial artists is Cap/Logan/Sabertooth on the top tier, and everyone else beneath them? Not really sure where you conjured this argument out of what I said.... so I can understand that confused look....

So..... no, that isn't my opinion. You could of course respond to what I actually said... Just a though.

You're entitled to your opinion, but putting Logan and Creed on Caps level in terms of sheer martial arts skill isn't something I can agree with. Well, no one, including myself, said that about Creed.... but if you're under the impression that Wolverine isn't on Cap's skill level.... you got something wrong with you son.

jinzin
Didn't that all change after Logans training with Shang Chai.

I've seen the fight, and Logan seemed to handle Creed pretty easily.
No. It didn't.

jinzin

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll40xjjGhw1qbjttio1_500.gif laughing out loud

Stoic
Back in the 90's Marvel seemed to hint on a possible Sabretooth vs Captain America match due to foreshadowing, and I always had the most dreadful feeling for Cap, because I knew that he had no business beating Victor.

cdtm

Well, no one, including myself, said that about Creed....

This isn't saying Creed is > Wolverine, and by extension Cap?

srankmissingnin
Best case scenario for Cap is he manages to ambush Creed, lands three or four hits... then Creed grabs him by the throat and either tears his throat out or merely squeezes Ca[s head off by simply tightening his grip and grinding Caps spinal column into powder. cool

jinzin
This isn't saying Creed is > Wolverine, and by extension Cap? At what point do you think I was talking about martial skill alone there? What the f**k?

srankmissingnin
This isn't saying Creed is > Wolverine, and by extension Cap?

If someone said the same thing about Hulk in place of Creed, would you take that as inference that Hulk is more skilled than Captain America?

jinzin
Best case scenario for Cap is he manages to ambush Creed, lands three or four hits... then Creed grabs him by the throat and either tears his throat out or merely squeezes Ca So basically, his best bet is that he gets Black Panthered? stick out tongue

cdtm
If someone said the same thing about Hulk in place of Creed, would you take that as inference that Hulk is more skilled than Captain America?

The thing is, he compared Wolverine to Cap. So he must be talking about a comparison of skill, because they have different physical stats, right? Wolverine with a better healing factor, the skeleton, possibly greater strength..

And as Wolverine and Creed are rivals, and generally have comparable stats, that's why I made the inference.. (Even if Creed is > Logan stats wise, how big a gap are we really talking about..?)

srankmissingnin
The thing is, he compared Wolverine to Cap. So he must be talking about a comparison of skill, because they have different physical stats, right? Wolverine with a better healing factor, the skeleton, possibly greater strength..

And as Wolverine and Creed are rivals, and generally have comparable stats, that's why I made the inference.. (Even if Creed is > Logan stats wise, how big a gap are we really talking about..?)

He said Creed routinely beats Wolverine, who is Captain America plus. The plus referring to the myriad of ways in which Wolverine is better than Cap, only one of which is skill. Jinzin "Creed beats Wolverine because he is more skilled than Wolverine... who is more skilled than Cap," nothing he said implies that Creed's skill has anything to do with his victory.

Creed is much stronger than Wolverine. He is around class 20 - 25, Wolverine is around class 2. The speed gab isn't nearly as large but it still leans towards Creed, and the same goes for healing and durability.

jinzin
Originally posted by Stoic
Back in the 90's Marvel seemed to hint on a possible Sabretooth vs Captain America match due to foreshadowing, and I always had the most dreadful feeling for Cap, because I knew that he had no business beating Victor. If only this site had a something akin to facebook's "like" feature for this post...

iceman24567
Cap gives him a fight from the start but after that it's all down hill for him he gets overwhelmed once Creed turns it up a notch

i'm tingling

Creed is much stronger than Wolverine. He is around class 20 - 25

creed never display such strength feats, i remember wolverine running him over with a jeep and sabretooth got stuck under the jeep and couldnt lift it , i was always under the feeling he is class 2 while wolverine can lift a ton

jinzin
Well you're feeling would be wrong, Rucca ****ed that arc up. He also had a bullet dislocate Wolverine's vertebrete or some such nonsense. Sabretooth has lifted more than that jeep with one hand 2 upgrades ago.

X-Logan
Sabretooth beats caps.

But no way in hell he is better than wolverine. Sabretooth is stronger but Logan is more skilled, has adamantium wich makes him more durable and is much smarter.

They are equal in the healing factor department as in both cases it depends on the writer.The same goes for speed and reflexes.

Logan have already beaten creed plenty of times.Just to name a few, Logan recently beat both Sabretooth and wildchild AoA in uncanny x-force. Easily take creed down twice in Inferno Saga, kicked creed´s ass before gettin tha adamantium back from apocalipse, almost killed creed puttin a bone claw through his brain one time, beat the crap out of him in the horrible chuck austen run on the xmen...That´s just those ones I remember in the moment, Im sure there is a lot more.

killer_creed
Cap gets killed.

Originally posted by X-Logan
Sabretooth beats caps.

But no way in hell he is better than wolverine. Sabretooth is stronger but Logan is more skilled, has adamantium wich makes him more durable and is much smarter.

They are equal in the healing factor department as in both cases it depends on the writer.The same goes for speed and reflexes.

Logan have already beaten creed plenty of times.Just to name a few, Logan recently beat both Sabretooth and wildchild AoA in uncanny x-force. Easily take creed down twice in Inferno Saga, kicked creed´s ass before gettin tha adamantium back from apocalipse, almost killed creed puttin a bone claw through his brain one time, beat the crap out of him in the horrible chuck austen run on the xmen...That´s just those ones I remember in the moment, Im sure there is a lot more.

It's a pretty common misconception that Sabretooth's some kind of dumb ass, most likely due to his feral nature. In reality, he is very intelligent.

Actually, in terms of healing, Creed is marginally superior to Logan due to the fact that he has fully embraced his feral side. The same is true concerning enhanced senses.

When it comes to speed, Creed is almost always the one who is shown to hold the advantage. Hell, even when Sabretooth had adamantium and Wolverine didn't, Creed was faster.

As far as skill goes, the difference is negligible at best. Wolverine has more showings keeping himself calm and focused, and therefore allowing him to better show case his martial arts capabilities. Conversely, Sabretooth much prefers to just cut loose and go into a berserker rage when he fights. Again I would mainly contribute Logan's ability to better control his anger to the fact that he won't completely give in to his feral nature, whereas Creed has embraced it fully. But, given their history and training backgrounds, I'd say the skill is there on both sides.

Looks like we agree on strength.

Yes. There are several encounters involving Creed and Logan where Logan ends up winning. However, there are just as many (dare I say more?) that Creed finishes victorious.

jinzin
Originally posted by X-Logan
Sabretooth beats caps.

Nah, Creeds better than Logan.

Wolverine is more skilled sure, but his intelligence isn't on another level than Creed's infact Creed tends to play mindgames with Logan more often than the opposite. And no, Creed has a better healing factor than Logan as Logan admitted to it. Also his speed has always been superior to Logan's throughout their entire history.

Logan beating AoA Sabretooth isn't that impressive, we already knew AoA Sabretooth isn't on the same level as 616 Creed. Wolverine does have some wins over tooth but has also admitted that Tooth beats him the vast majority of the time, on top of which those fights are not even taken seriously by Creed. He thinks it's playtime quite literally.

X-Logan

i'm tingling
Well you're feeling would be wrong, Rucca ****ed that arc up. He also had a bullet dislocate Wolverine's vertebrete or some such nonsense. Sabretooth has lifted more than that jeep with one hand 2 upgrades ago.

well seeing how you really are a wolverine and sabretooth expert i take your word for that smile

jinzin

Mshinu
Wolvie is sloppy seconds compared to Sabes. He is better in all ways except slightly less skilled. No, Logan is not smarter either.

As for the topic, what the hell is Cap supposed to do to Creed? He could get ten minutes free landing as many blows/shield bashes he could with Sabes just standing there with a smile on his face.

golem370
I see Cap giving a really good fight.

h1a8
Tooth wins this.
Cap can win some provided he is on is A game and Tooth is not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.