Which is more durable?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Which artifact is more durable?

Captain America shield.
Thor hammer
Diana Bracers
Primary Adamantium
Destroyer Armor
Classic Juggernauts
Monarch Armor
Promethium

Rank them from greatest to least.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Which artifact is more durable?

Captain America shield.
Thor hammer
Diana Bracers
Primary Adamantium
Destroyer Armor
Classic Juggernauts
Monarch Armor
Promethium

Rank them from greatest to least.

Diana Bracers
Classic Juggernaut
Monarch Armor
Primary Adamantium
Captain America shield
Thor hammer
Destroyer Armor
Promethium

JakeTheBank
This thread is going to piss someone off.

cdtm
Hulks pants

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Someone refresh my memory, but wasn't primary adamantium a failed, inferior reproduction of Captain America's shield's alloy?

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

laughing

Stoic
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Yep

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
Someone refresh my memory, but wasn't primary adamantium a failed, inferior reproduction of Captain America's shield's alloy?

nope, it was not

Scoobless
Originally posted by h1a8
Diana Bracers
Classic Juggernaut
Monarch Armor
Primary Adamantium
Captain America shield
Thor hammer
Destroyer Armor
Promethium

Juggernaut has been cut before by Wolverine and Shatterstar, maybe by others. He heals fast but his skin isn't unbreakable.

Thor's hammer has damaged cap's shield a few times.

Monarch's armour was damaged by sbp, sbp was injured by Krypto's teeth ... therefore krypto's teeth should be near the top of the list.

stick out tongue

OneDumbG0
^ It actually was.

cdtm
Originally posted by Scoobless
Juggernaut has been cut before by Wolverine and Shatterstar, maybe by others. He heals fast but his skin isn't unbreakable.

Doesn't Shatterstar's attack have special properties? And when did Wolverine cut him?

And that was his eyes. Never seen his skin cut.

Scoobless
Yeah, i think i was thinking about an eye attack.

Still need to define if we're talking about juggernaut's body or his forcefield though, Thor took down Juggs force field and beat the shit out of him, would have got the ko if not for the old 60 second hammer absence rule.

Magnon
Excluding the DC stuff,

1. Classic Juggernaut (if pure physical damage)
2. Mjolnir = Destroyer
3. Cap's shield
4. Primary adamantium

Rationalization: Adamantium was an unsuccessful attempt to recreate the material of Cap's shield (3 > 4), Mjolnir and Destroyer are both made of enchanted uru and Mjolnir has dented both primary adamantium and Cap's shield (2 > 3), Mjolnir, Cap's shield and Wolvie's claws haven't been able to damage classic Juggs (1 > 2).

Q99
Ability to hurt something else =/= something's own toughness.

Hasn't Mjolnir been destroyed and reforged a few times?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ It actually was.

I thought so.

So yeah, Cap's Shield is above Primary Adamantium.

I'd list it as:

Destroyer Armor
Classic Juggernaut
Diana's Bracers
Cap's Shield
Primary Adamantium
Mjolnir
Monarch's Armor
Promethium

Rage.Of.Olympus
Destroyer Armor/Mjolnir/Captain America's shield/Bracers
Adamantium/Monarch's Armor
Juggernaut
Promethium

Nihilist
Caps shield

abhilegend
Haven't mjolnir been destroyed a number of times and Serpent ripped cap's shield apart like tissue paper.
My list would be
Destroyer armor
Diana's bracers
Cap's shield
Primary adamantium
classic juggernaut
Mjolnir
monarch's armor
Promethium

Colossus-Big C
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/jj3.gifhttp://superherouniverse.com/articles/fights/superman-hammered.jpg

abhilegend
^ What's that supposed to prove? That Thor can't drop superman with a lightning-charged-sucker-mjolnir attack or Cain has a force field that negates momentum of objects?

Existere
Originally posted by cdtm
Doesn't Shatterstar's attack have special properties? And when did Wolverine cut him?

And that was his eyes. Never seen his skin cut. Shatterstar's sword was just 'extradimensional', which is to say, not from Juggernaut's dimension... pretty sure no explanation was given beyond that, and I don't think it was touched on ever again.

But pretty sure Juggernaut's been burned to a skeleton before, though he healed pretty fast.... though the attack was probably magic or something, but it's still a chink in his 'total invulnerability'.

EDIT: It also sort of depends on how you measure the invulnerability of a character vs the invulnerability of an object. Nimrod rendered Juggernaut useless with sonics, and psychic attacks have taken him out, but those are obviously useless against, say, Mjolnir or Cap's shield...

Cogito
I'ma guess...

Destroyer
Juggs
Diana
Cap's Shield
Primary Adamantium
Mjolnir
Promethium

Monarch's armor doesn't have enough feats to rank.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Existere
Shatterstar's sword was just 'extradimensional', which is to say, not from Juggernaut's dimension... pretty sure no explanation was given beyond that, and I don't think it was touched on ever again.

But pretty sure Juggernaut's been burned to a skeleton before, though he healed pretty fast.... though the attack was probably magic or something, but it's still a chink in his 'total invulnerability'.

EDIT: It also sort of depends on how you measure the invulnerability of a character vs the invulnerability of an object. Nimrod rendered Juggernaut useless with sonics, and psychic attacks have taken him out, but those are obviously useless against, say, Mjolnir or Cap's shield...

His energies were drained by D'Spayre before he was reduced to a skeleton so that's not a fair example. Juggernaut's been hurt on various other occasions, the only thing his more durable than on this list is Promethium (I'm unsure where Monarch's armor ranks). His practically untouchable with his force field though, mostly thanks to DeFalco ironically.

People rating him higher than Mjolnir, Captain America's shield etc. are completely out of their minds. Like Joker level crazy.

Existere
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
His energies were drained by D'Spayre before he was reduced to a skeleton so that's not a fair example. Right, sorry, I knew there was some sort of extra context to it. Fair enough.

Either way, yeah, Juggs' durability has been overcome a number of times in the past. I think it's probably fair to say that he may be one of the hardest on this list to do lasting damage to, but I certainly haven't seen anything to put his sheer durability above the bracers, shield, etc.

Cogito
His energies were drained by D'Spayre before he was reduced to a skeleton so that's not a fair example. Juggernaut's been hurt on various other occasions, the only thing his more durable than on this list is Promethium (I'm unsure where Monarch's armor ranks). His practically untouchable with his force field though, mostly thanks to DeFalco ironically.

People rating him higher than Mjolnir, Captain America's shield etc. are completely out of their minds. Like Joker level crazy.

Are we ranking him or his forcefield? I assumed the latter.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Existere
Right, sorry, I knew there was some sort of extra context to it. Fair enough.

Either way, yeah, Juggs' durability has been overcome a number of times in the past. I think it's probably fair to say that he may be one of the hardest on this list to do lasting damage to, but I certainly haven't seen anything to put his sheer durability above the bracers, shield, etc.

No problem.

Oh definitely not, his biggest durability feat is like tanking a blast from Nightmare (He was still knocked down and hurt). I think he was also hit by the Stranger's eye beams in that Forever mini and was only knocked off his feet. Good showings, but they don't support the rank some give to him.

Existere
His forcefield has a durability? I thought it was just some intangible field that slowed momentum that he never activates, ever.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It slows down momentum but also grants him nigh invulnerability. With it, his definitely a step above the regular Heralds in durability.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by abhilegend
^ What's that supposed to prove? That Thor can't drop superman with a lightning-charged-sucker-mjolnir attack or Cain has a force field that negates momentum of objects? Its supposed to prove that
1. Superman got rocked by mljonir
2. Juggernaut didnt

Juggernaut> Superman

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Cogito
Are we ranking him or his forcefield? I assumed the latter.

Even with the force field, he doesn't deserve to be above the bracers, Mjolnir, Captain America's shield and so on. Same tier though, once again thanks to DeFalco.

Colossus-Big C
Even with the force field, he doesn't deserve to be above the bracers, Mjolnir, Captain America's shield and so on. Same tier though, once again thanks to DeFalco. When juggernaut was created im 100% sure they said he was immune to damage Regardless of Intensity

DeFalco writes him the way he was intended to be

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
When juggernaut was created im 100% sure they said he is immune to damage Regardless of Intensity

DeFalco writes him the way he was intended to be

Are you referring to his first appearance? If so, I can't double check at the moment.

For the record, even if that was said, that doesn't mean that no force can harm Juggernaut through his force field. This is a fallacy I run into more often than usual when discussing this character. Ultimately, irrelevant.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Its supposed to prove that
1. Superman got rocked by mljonir
2. Juggernaut didnt

Juggernaut> Superman
1. Duh, he has a magic weakness.
2. Who said superman's durability>juggernaut's durability?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.