Iron Fist VS The Gorgon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Iron Fist VS The Gorgon

No prep. strictly h2h fighting only. no stone powers.

who wins?

srankmissingnin
Gorgon.

cdtm
Danny, considering you didn't say he can't use his powers.

BruceSkywalker
Rand

carver9
Gorgon.

JakeTheBank
What H2H feats does Gorgon have?

iceman24567
Rand imo

jalek moye
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
What H2H feats does Gorgon have? Don't know. I think he uses a sword in every appearance.

hand to hand He'll most likely put up a good fight (if we assume hes pretty skilled unarmed) but prolly lose in the long run since his two major things would be gone (stone stare and swords that can rip heralds apart) Since he won't be striking at levels Danny can't handle.

Give him his swords and I'd say Gorgon wins pretty easily though

Existere
Lol.

Gorgon destroys Danny.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2303/gorgonvselektra3.th.jpg http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5315/gorgonvselektra4.th.jpg http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/1527/gorgonvselektra5.th.jpg http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2227/gorgonvselektra6.th.jpg http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/3789/gorgonvselektra7.th.jpg

For all his power, Rand would never land a hit.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Existere
Lol.

Gorgon destroys Danny.

For all his power, Rand would never land a hit. Pfft Elektra is shit compared to Rand

jalek moye
Lol.

Gorgon destroys Danny.

For all his power, Rand would never land a hit.

Wolverine landed hits later they just didn't do much since he healed. Wolverine and Danny are about the same speed wise so yeah I'm sure he can hit him.

Existere
Originally posted by iceman24567
Pfft Elektra is shit compared to Rand He hits harder, offers more versatility, and may be slightly faster or more skilled (though I really wouldn't give him much of an edge in either category), but Gorgon wasn't even breaking a sweat. The demonstrable difference between him and Elektra shown in those scans is a lot greater than the difference between Elektra and Danny.

Existere
Originally posted by jalek moye
Wolverine landed hits later they just didn't do much since he healed. Wolverine and Danny are about the same speed wise so yeah I'm sure he can hit him. Which time did Logan land hits? When he attempted a sneak attack with SHIELD tech and fighting alongside Elektra? Or when he used special tech to ram Gorgon at 100 mph, just to be subsequently destroyed in combat? mmm

jalek moye
Which time did Logan land hits? When he attempted a sneak attack with SHIELD tech and fighting alongside Elektra? Or when he used special tech to ram Gorgon at 100 mph, just to be subsequently destroyed in combat? mmm

iirc in the fight they had that Gorgon lost (do to some bull i admit). Wolverine managed to cut him a few times.

Yeah looked again Logan cut him a lot, even though Gorgon didn't really react to it.

cdtm
Pfft Elektra is shit compared to Rand

SOMEONE GETS IT!

Yeah, in addition to his striking feats, Danny does have some INSANE speed feats.

And I'm well aware Gorgon does too, what with his ability to deflect bullets in ways Daredevil could never dream of.

cdtm
and may be slightly faster or more skilled (though I really wouldn't give him much of an edge in either category)

Dude, Danny catches bullets.

That puts him even faster than Cassandra Cain doing this:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/70515/1576835-cassandra_cain_dodges_bullets_point_blank_super.jpg

Existere
Originally posted by cdtm
Dude, Danny catches bullets.
Yeah huh. And Elektra deflects machine gun fire with her sais.

cdtm
Yeah huh. And Elektra deflects machine gun fire with her sais.

Danny's done similar, with his bare hands.

And didn't even injure them in the process.

srankmissingnin
Pfft Elektra is shit compared to Rand

lol

Elektra would own Iron Fist.

Originally posted by jalek moye
Wolverine landed hits later they just didn't do much since he healed. Wolverine and Danny are about the same speed wise so yeah I'm sure he can hit him.

Wolverine has a much different fighting style than Rand. He doesn't care about risking leaving himself open to his opponents counter strikes to land a blow of his own. Danny doesn't fight like that, nor would it be wise for him to do so.

jinzin
Pfft Elektra is shit compared to Rand no expression

Existere
Danny's done similar, with his bare hands.

And didn't even injure them in the process. Exactly, similar (although I'd argue it's easier to do that feat with your bare hands than two thin blades, but, you know, whatever).

Danny is similar in speed to Elektra, and Gorgon embarrassed her without breaking a sweat.

Also, when did he deflect machine gun fire? I remember he deflected a bunch of flechettes back in the day, but meh, the point stands regardless. I'd love to see that feat though.

srankmissingnin
Exactly, similar (although I'd argue it's easier to do that feat with your bare hands than two thin blades, but, you know, whatever).

Danny is similar in speed to Elektra, and Gorgon embarrassed her without breaking a sweat.

Also, when did he deflect machine gun fire? I remember he deflected a bunch of flechettes back in the day, but meh, the point stands regardless. I'd love to see that feat though.

Danny caught a bullet once. That's what he has a huge boner about. The guy is crazy he thinks Cass moving a couple inches to the left and right of small arms fire is above what every street level has done.

And Elektra has caught / blocked bullets with her bare hands before.

cdtm
The flechette feat is actually the one I was thinking of.

The thing is, flchettes hit around bullet speeds at short ranges, and he was deflecting something like 50 flechettes a second, or some shite. You can see Danny deflecting each one individually with his hands, without taking a scratch.

IMO, that's comparable with any bullet dodging/deflecting feat, given the range of the attack and the fact Danny was able to perform it without injury.

Anyways, in addition to straight bullet timer stuff, Danny also usually performs well against Spidey, as do his peers like Steel Serpent. Catching him by the foot and throwing him one handed, catching him in mid air with punches, tanking punches, that sort of thing...

cdtm
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The guy is crazy he thinks Cass moving a couple inches to the left and right of small arms fire is above what every street level has done.

Are you serious?

You see the bullet DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF HER before every step, right? There's no way you can call that "aim dodging", and it's not like she has a "Max Payne" power where she can slow down time and give herself time to step out of the way..

srankmissingnin
Are you serious?

You see the bullet DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF HER before every step, right? There's no way you can call that "aim dodging", and it's not like she has a "Max Payne" power where she can slow down time and give herself time to step out of the way..

Every single street level.... wait, I think that should be in bold for emphasize, lets try that again. Every single level has feats of them sliding in between rapid fire machine gun burst. That isn't something that can be aim dodged. Most streets of feats of them doing the exact same thing Cass is doing... only while running directly into fully automatic machine spread firing thousands of rounds a minute and avoiding all the bullets. Moving a couple of inches to the left, and then to a couple inches to the right of the hit box of a small arms fire while standing still is nothing. At best it is presented in a flashier way to trick simpletons into believing it is something special. But it's not.

And that is just run of the mill street level standard, not even the impressive stuff.

cdtm
Every single street level.... wait, I think that should be in bold for emphasize, lets try that again. Every single level has feats of them sliding in between rapid fire machine gun burst. That isn't something that can be aim dodged. Most streets of feats of them doing the exact same thing Cass is doing... only while running directly into fully automatic machine spread firing thousands of rounds a minute and avoiding all the bullets. Moving a couple of inches to the left, and then to a couple inches to the right of the hit box of a small arms fire while standing still is nothing. At best it is presented in a flashier way to trick simpletons into believing it is something special. But it's not.

And that is just run of the mill street level standard, not even the impressive stuff.

The thing is, if you see a bullet traveling towards someone, and they step aside at the last second, there's not a lot of ways to interpret that scene. In your examples, you may be right that it's virtually impossible for a street to stay ahead of a half dozen thugs with machineguns spitting death all around them, but it's still open enough where someone could argue they're simply moving faster than the thugs can track.

jinzin
The thing is, flchettes hit around bullet speeds at short ranges, no expression NO.

srankmissingnin
The thing is, if you see a bullet traveling towards someone, and they step aside at the last second, there's not a lot of ways to interpret that scene. In your examples, you may be right that it's virtually impossible for a street to stay ahead of a half dozen thugs with machineguns spitting death all around them, but it's still open enough where someone could argue they're simply moving faster than the thugs can track.

That isn't really an option for what am talking about. I am referring to instances of characters running directly into gun fire putting out thousands of rounds a second, usually from multiple sources, not them merely outpacing the aim of the shooter. You see panels of it all the time, a bullet coming above the shoulder, one under the arm pit, one to the left of the knee, ect ect ect and the hero still dashing forward directly into the spread of the gun fire. It's not something that can be aim dodged, perhaps the first bullet, but the rest hadn't left the barrel yet and the recoil would make anticipating the path of the hundreds of bullets leaving that barrel every second an impossibility to anticipate. Wolverine's ran directly into gantling gun fire firing from multiple sources each thousands of rounds a minute without his healing factor and didn't get shoot once. The most you can say about that Batgirl feat is that it is presented in a more impressive way... but its a far cry from being the most impressive street level speed feat, the big picture it's pretty middle of the road.

cdtm
Originally posted by jinzin
no expression NO.

Over any real distance, you're correct. They're slower than bullets at range, but their starting velocity is comparable (It's not like they're normally fired from specialized guns, they can be fired off of your normal 12 gauge shotgun. And Danny was facing down a military grade weapon firing 50 of them at a time..)

Mindset
Originally posted by jinzin
no expression NO. Get out of here, you!

Get!

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
Get out of here, you!

Get!

About time you got here! mad

I did my best, but I'm no Mindset. sad

jinzin
Originally posted by Mindset
Get out of here, you!

Get! laughing out loud

srankmissingnin
I did my best, but I'm no Mindset. sad

That's true at least Mindset realizes that he is trololololing with his Iron Fist nonsense.

cdtm
That's true at least Mindset realizes that he is trololololing with his Iron Fist nonsense.

More like counter trolololing the anti Danny nonsense.

Too many people act like he's just a street with a fist that enhances his punches, but Mindset knows better because he's actually familiar with the character..

srankmissingnin
More like counter trolololing the anti Danny nonsense.

Too many people act like he's just a street with a fist that enhances his punches, but Mindset knows better because he's actually familiar with the character..

All Mindset knows is that Iron Fists mask kind of looks like a yellow half version of Grifter's and that is enough for him to get 10/10 against anyone who isn't Grifter. I appreciate his love for Grifter, but his Iron Fist trolling is misguided. There is no counter anything, it's just pure trolling. cool

Iron Fist is a glass canon. A skilled street level martial artist with big punching power. Nothing more. Nothing less. Gorgon beats Danny's ass harder than Hellstorm was before Wolverine one shotted him. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.