Best Damage Soak...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who has the best damage soak out of these 4?

Hulk
Superman
Thor
Surfer

Please judge in these areas...

Physically being beaten.

Against Blasting power.

If there are any other areas involved with Damage Soak...you can add them with my list.

-Pr-
Superman in both, but Thor is his closest competitor imo.

carver9
I would give Superman and Hulk the nod against Blasting power over any of them with Surfer as a close second.

Against Blunt force... I would give Hulk the nod against any of them with Thor as the competitor and Superman following right behind him.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman in both, but Thor is his closest competitor imo. I would argue hulk is superior to thor

-Pr-
I'd disagree with both of you. I think Hulk relies on his healing factor more than Thor or Superman do on theirs.

JakeTheBank
Superman with physically being beaten, Thor against blasting power, imo.

Starscream M
I'd disagree with both of you. I think Hulk relies on his healing factor more than Thor or Superman do on theirs. yeah but his hf helps him soak damage...hence his damage soak is higher as a result of his hf

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
yeah but his hf helps him soak damage...hence his damage soak is higher as a result of his hf

I'd differentiate between the two, personally.

Gecko4lif
Superman has had the bet top showings

on average id say thor though

thor
super
hulk
surfer

srankmissingnin
yeah but his hf helps him soak damage...hence his damage soak is higher as a result of his hf

Agreed. A healing factor allows a character to literally soak up damage. If that isn't damage soak... what the hell is it. lol

-Pr-
If we're including healing factors, then Carver's basically made a bait thread, and it needs to be closed.

srankmissingnin
Up to you, you're the mod. cool

Damage soak isn't durability, it's how much damage a character can soak up before going down. Not sure why healing factors would be exuded.

Starscream M
If we're including healing factors, then Carver's basically made a bait thread, and it needs to be closed. lol why? just because hulk wins?

Starscream M
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Damage soak isn't durability, it's how much damage a character can soak up before going down. Not sure why healing factors would be exuded. yeah, durability wise...superman stands alone at the top

and surfer is prob more durable than thor and hulk

-Pr-
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Damage soak isn't durability, it's how much damage a character can soak up before going down. Not sure why healing factors would be exuded.

Given the people he's chosen, I was curious.

lol why? just because hulk wins?

Why would that be a factor?

JakeTheBank
If he purposefully made a thread just for Hulk to win on purpose, that's a bait thread.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
If he purposefully made a thread just for Hulk to win on purpose, that's a bait thread.

My thinking exactly.

Simbon

Carver is the master of bait threads...

JakeTheBank
That being said, it's not like Carver knows what he's talking about in any case, so it doesn't matter. biscuits

And it's better than another "Thor (w/o Mjolnir) versus (possibly amped) Wolverine and/or one of his rogues/affiliated character" thread.

Damborgson
Hulk would have a certain amount of damage soak without the HF. If he gets stripped to the bone by a blast and the heals...thats not damage soak to me. Since without the HF he would be dead. It can be argued I guess that the HF contributes to hulk's ability to take damage and therefore should be contributed to the thread as means of damage soak but I generally see the two as being different. That's what I think anyway.

Simbon
That being said, it's not like Carver knows what he's talking about in any case, so it doesn't matter. biscuits

And it's better than another "Thor (w/o Mjolnir) versus (possibly amped) Wolverine and/or one of his rogues/affiliated character" thread.

I was just trying to make juvenile pun.

Starscream M
Durability:

Surfer = Superman >>> Thor > Hulk

Damage Soak:

Hulk >> Superman > Thor > Surfer

Starscream M

And it's better than another "Thor (w/o Mjolnir) versus (possibly amped) Wolverine and/or one of his rogues/affiliated character" thread. is that aimed at me?

JakeTheBank
is that aimed at me?

Nope. You did make a couple of those threads, though. It just happens to be a type of very common thread that keeps springing up before being closed due to spite and massive flaming/trolling.

Starscream M
Nope. You did make a couple of those threads, though. It just happens to be a type of very common thread that keeps springing up before being closed due to spite and massive flaming/trolling. well, my threads were never onesided. I only removed Mjolnir to make it fair for thor's opponent, not to handicap thor.

JakeTheBank
well, my threads were never onesided. I only removed Mjolnir to make it fair for thor's opponent, not to handicap thor.

They're still one sided in the fact that even without Mjolnir, Thor can still mess them up with his bare hands....

But that's a discussion for another time. smile

-Pr-
Starscream just needs to be better educated about Thor, that's all.

srankmissingnin
They're still one sided in the fact that even without Mjolnir, Thor can still mess them up with his bare hands....

But that's a discussion for another time. smile

I know its the holidays but you still need to drink responsibly and limit the consumption of that spiked eggnog.

Starscream M
Starscream just needs to be better educated about Thor, that's all. it may surprise you, but thor is one of the characters I'm most familiar with. just because I don't buy into his overhype doesn't mean I'm ignorant.

JakeTheBank
it may surprise you, but thor is one of the characters I'm most familiar with. just because I don't buy into his overhype doesn't mean I'm ignorant.

I find that hard to believe as you displayed a consistent lack of knowledge of what he's done in his comics. There's nothing wrong in being ignorant of a character or their capabilities, but there is when you turn around say you're familiar with them. ermm

Starscream M
I find that hard to believe as you displayed a consistent lack of knowledge of what he's done in his comics. There's nothing wrong in being ignorant of a character or their capabilities, but there is when you turn around say you're familiar with them. ermm really, tell me exactly one thing I ever got factually wrong about thor...I won't hold my breath

Rage.Of.Olympus
really, tell me exactly one thing I ever got factually wrong about thor...I won't hold my breath

laughing out loud

Jake, don't even bother, his just trolling.

JakeTheBank
really, tell me exactly one thing I ever got factually wrong about thor...I won't hold my breath

L. O. L

Are you serious? You can't be.

Starscream M
L. O. L

Are you serious? You can't be. no, remind me of one thing I got factually wrong about thor

JakeTheBank
no, remind me of one thing I got factually wrong about thor

Okay.

-When you said that Thor's weather powers were limited by the natural laws of science.

That's a pretty glaring and obvious mistake.

-Pr-
it may surprise you, but thor is one of the characters I'm most familiar with. just because I don't buy into his overhype doesn't mean I'm ignorant.

Your posts say otherwise.

Starscream M
Okay.

-When you said that Thor's weather powers were limited by the natural laws of science.

That's a pretty glaring and obvious mistake. no, I never said they were limited by the natural laws of science

I said his lightning is not inherently different from natural lightning though

I also said that just because his weather powers are derived from magical origin does not afford them any property people want to choose

JakeTheBank
no, I never said they were limited by the natural laws of science

I said his lightning is not inherently different from natural lightning though

I also said that just because his weather powers are derived from magical origin does not afford them any property people want to choose

Yes, you did.

It depends. He can summon lightning from the atmosphere, manipulate lightning that's already present, or summon lightning far beyond the scope of the natural. So again, you'd be wrong.

People aren't affording them any property they want because of magic.

dmills
30 pages minimum. Lmfao, Carver strikes again!

carver9

Lol...I don't make bate threads. I made this thread because these 4 are basically debatable. Some people will say Supes...some will say Surfer, some will say Thor and I will say Hulk.

By the way...I would own you Jake.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...I don't make bate threads. I made this thread because these 4 are basically debatable. Some people will say Supes...some will say Surfer, some will say Thor and I will say Hulk.

Is HF allowed?

No, you wouldn't.

JakeTheBank

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/BestGif.gif

iceman24567
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/BestGif.gif Lol Planet of the Apes?

Prep-Man
lol! perfect GIF.

carver9
Originally posted by dmills
30 pages minimum. Lmfao, Carver strikes again!

Happy Dance

"Id"
Lobo is the clear winner of the 4.

/Topic Ends.

carver9
Is HF allowed?

No, you wouldn't.

It's part of Hulks durability. Why not? He would be useless in this thread without it.

Jake avoid debating against me because he knows the truth. I am Clark and he is Superboy (and not Prime).

"Id"
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/BestGif.gif http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/617/lolzwz.jpg

dmills
The HF thing can be fairly disingenuous. Thor and the Hulk stand underneath a laser that is shooting a a blast at them hotter then a star. The hulk takes the blast, is burned nearly down to his skeleton, but makes it to the machine producing the heat blast and smashes it. Thor does the same, he's in extreme pain but only has relatively minor burns. Who has displayed the greater "damage soak"?

-Pr-
It's part of Hulks durability. Why not? He would be useless in this thread without it.

Jake avoid debating against me because he knows the truth. I am Clark and he is Superboy (and not Prime).

So you made a bait thread then, knowing that Hulk's HF would be the deciding factor. Just glad we're clearing that up.

Call yourself Clark again and I'll start editing your posts to say really, really bad things.

cdtm
Out of the characters listed, imo Surfer.

JakeTheBank

http://gifsoup.com/view2/2177853/jim-slaps-dwight-o.gif

carver9
So you made a bait thread then, knowing that Hulk's HF would be the deciding factor. Just glad we're clearing that up.

Call yourself Clark again and I'll start editing your posts to say really, really bad things.

This isn't a bait thread imo.

Lol...why can't I call myself Clark? Lol...so you are going to edit my post if I say I am Clark? That's messed up Pr.

quanchi112
http://gifsoup.com/view2/2177853/jim-slaps-dwight-o.gif laughing out loud You made me laugh out loud irl. Today consider yourself a friend to Quan. Tomorrow run for your life because if you get in Thanos' path I'll kill you where you stand.

-Pr-
This isn't a bait thread imo.

Lol...why can't I call myself Clark? Lol...so you are going to edit my post if I say I am Clark? That's messed up Pr.

Why, pre tell.

How about you put your money where your mouth is for once instead of just trash talking?

carver9
Why, pre tell.

How about you put your money where your mouth is for once instead of just trash talking?

Because everyone here have insane showings involving their damage soak.

I be on here almost every day owning people...providing scans. That's proof enough. Jake just give up a lot when debating against me. Quan is my only challenge.

-Pr-
Because everyone here have insane showings involving their damage soak.

I be on here almost every day owning people...providing scans. That's proof enough. Jake just give up a lot when debating against me. Quan is my only challenge.

And Hulk's hf doesn't matter at all, right?

Now I know you're just trolling.

carver9
And Hulk's hf doesn't matter at all, right?

Now I know you're just trolling.

Not imo. Everyone here got a healing factor.

Lol...I'm being serious. Why do you think I'm always calling Quan out? Always bringing that Hulk vs Thanos thread back to the surface.

-Pr-
Not imo. Everyone here got a healing factor.

Lol...I'm being serious. Why do you think I'm always calling Quan out? Always bringing that Hulk vs Thanos thread back to the surface.

So how do you attempt to quantify damage soak then? Everyone here is more durable than Hulk, yet his HF is vastly superior to that of anyone else here.

Because he's the only one you can compete with?

JakeTheBank
Comic gold, that's all I'll say about this page.

carver9
So how do you attempt to quantify damage soak then? Everyone here is more durable than Hulk, yet his HF is vastly superior to that of anyone else here.

Because he's the only one you can compete with?

Damage soak imo is the ability to withstand punishment without dropping OR if you do drop, it took a sufficient amount of force to do it. Even though Hulk have a healing factor, he can still be koed. Damage soak doeant have a thing to do with how durable you are...it focus more on durability and the persons pain threshold...which again, everyone here has shown this.

Naah, Quan just doesnt give up. I can go all day and stay level headed while doing this...a lot of people that debate against me can't do this (there are a few that can, but not many).

carver9
Comic gold, that's all I'll say about this page.

laughing out loud

-Pr-
Damage soak imo is the ability to withstand punishment without dropping OR if you do drop, it took a sufficient amount of force to do it. Even though Hulk have a healing factor, he can still be koed. Damage soak doeant have a thing to do with how durable you are...it focus more on durability and the persons pain threshold...which again, everyone here has shown this.

Naah, Quan just doesnt give up. I can go all day and stay level headed while doing this...a lot of people that debate against me can't do this (there are a few that can, but not many).

So putting them down, essentially?

Level headed trolling is still trolling.

iceman24567

Level headed trolling is still trolling. thumb up

carver9
So putting them down, essentially?

Level headed trolling is still trolling.

Why are you trying to trap me?

dmills
Damage soak doeant have a thing to do with how durable you are...it focus more on durability and the persons pain threshold...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/goofygoobers.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by dmills
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/goofygoobers.jpg

laughing out loud

HILARIOUS.

-Pr-
Why are you trying to trap me?

Why not?

carver9
Why not?

It's not going to work Pr. What I am stating is true. Let's just shake on this and let this go.

-Pr-
It's not going to work Pr. What I am stating is true. Let's just shake on this and let this go.

When you start telling the truth, maybe we can move on.

carver9
When you start telling the truth, maybe we can move on.

Lol...I don't know why I laugh at these things but its hilarious.

Everything that I told you is the truth. This isn't a bait thread.

As for Jake...everything that I said concerning me and Jake previous debates are basically true. Jake just cannot handle me in a one on one debate. Sometimes I purposely pick Jake post out of the group to test him...to see if he overcame that fear of facing the "Carver9" but the results are always the same, he ends up backing down.

Jake needs a partner...someone to side with him when I bring the pain but it can't be you because about a year ago, I thrashed you as well.

I will help you find someone Jake, Thats what friends are for.

-Pr-

As for Jake...everything that I said concerning me and Jake previous debates are basically true. Jake just cannot handle me in a one on one debate. Sometimes I purposely pick Jake post out of the group to test him...to see if he overcame that fear of facing the "Carver9" but the results are always the same, he ends up backing down.

Jake needs a partner...someone to side with him when I bring the pain but it can't be you because about a year ago, I thrashed you as well.

Things can be funny AND true.

I'm not just talking about this thread.

Again with the trash talk, even though Jake has made you look pretty bad in past "debates".

DarkSaint85
Out of all the ones listed, I'd put the Hulk down, if we're including the HF. But I'd add Lobo down as well. And the Saint of Killers.

If on pure 'how much damage can they soak up due to their mental fortitude', the Punisher.

Also, does anyone have scans of the Hulk tanking magical negations of his healing factor?

carver9
Things can be funny AND true.

I'm not just talking about this thread.

Again with the trash talk, even though Jake has made you look pretty bad in past "debates".

I agree...even though you weren't telling the truth in that post.

I don't bait people.

I am going to resurface some of our previous debates and we can start from there.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Out of all the ones listed, I'd put the Hulk down, if we're including the HF. But I'd add Lobo down as well. And the Saint of Killers.

If on pure 'how much damage can they soak up due to their mental fortitude', the Punisher.

Also, does anyone have scans of the Hulk tanking magical negations of his healing factor?

I'm still looking for that scan. I'm trying to fins his fights with Strange.

JakeTheBank

I'm firmly of the belief that Carver either suffers from a terrible case of delusion and is out of touch of reality...

OR

Is quite possibly one of the greatest trolls to ever grace the internet.

-Pr-
I agree...even though you weren't telling the truth in that post.

I don't bait people.

I am going to resurface some of our previous debates and we can start from there.

About what part?

Yes you do. All the time. Myself included.

Like you did with the ones we had? I'll be waiting.

meep-meep
I'm firmly of the belief that Carver either suffers from a terrible case of delusion and is out of touch of reality...

OR

Is quite possibly one of the greatest trolls to ever grace the internet.

Definitely a great troll. Me, not so much.

TheHulk
Durability
1)Superman
2)Silver Surfer
3)Thor
4)Hulk

Damage Soak
1)Hulk with or without HF
2)Thor
3Superman
4)Silver Surfer

zeel

I completely agree hulk without his healing factor is completly useless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.