Black Adam vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who wins?

ozz81
Either way but probably Ss 7/10 he seems more versatile.

Bouboumaster
SS 7 or 8 / 10

rotiart
Black Adam....

Whereas superman has weaknesses surfer can exploit... Black Adam has none. Black adam takes surfer to The ground and pounds him into submission.

Same way a Thor vs surfer scenario would generally go IMO....

Colossus-Big C
That and captain marvel was transmuted into goo and instantly reverted back so transmutation or molecular manipulation is usless here

Stoic
Originally posted by rotiart
Black Adam....

Whereas superman has weaknesses surfer can exploit... Black Adam has none. Black adam takes surfer to The ground and pounds him into submission.

This is a solid argument considering what the Runner did to him. Not sure if that was a low showing for Norrin though. All I know is that if you think about it, Teth is a far better, and far more ruthless fighter on average.

But, If what the Surfer of Exiles did to Gladiator was done by his 616 version, and he was holding nothing back, I could see the same thing happening to Teth.

On average I'd give this to Teth, but if the Surfer was out for blood, I can't see Teth taking him. Transmutation would never have to be a part of the second scenario for Surfer to win convincingly IMHO.

maxwell44
Surfer.

JayDaDon
Can't see BA getting his hands on surfer if he was avoiding it. Anyway I'd say surfer definitely has the durability to make it a fight at h2h range, and he has the options to get exotic so I'd give it to surfer 6.5/10.

bbrem123
SS worked BRB who fight h2d...I dont understand why everybody thinks he is handicapped when it comes to close quarters

Stoic
Originally posted by bbrem123
SS worked BRB who fight h2d...I dont understand why everybody thinks he is handicapped when it comes to close quarters

He used his board to turn the tables on Bill though. This didn't really show his ability to spar with an accomplished warrior in my opinion.

zopzop
Originally posted by bbrem123

Thor's made a fool of him on multiple occasions. If SS really did hold his own or beat BRB H2H I consider it a low showing for Bill.

Oh and Black Adam wins 6.5/10

Rage.Of.Olympus
Surfer wins the majority.

Black Adam....

Mjolnir is a nice counter to the Power Cosmic and the Odinson is overall more powerful than Adam. He can also hit harder with Mjolnir, much harder when needed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by zopzop
Thor's made a fool of him on multiple occasions. If SS really did hold his own or beat BRB H2H I consider it a low showing for Bill.

While I do think Bill should have done better, sucker shot or not, Surfer's reputation isn't undeserved, he'd beat Adam. At least imo.

Also, losing to Thor means diddly here. If the Odinson was as crazed as he was in Blood and Thunder, he'd annihilate Adam.

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
While I do think Bill should have done better, sucker shot or not, Surfer's reputation isn't undeserved, he'd beat Adam. At least imo.

Also, losing to Thor means diddly here. If the Odinson was as crazed as he was in Blood and Thunder, he'd annihilate Adam.

Not really. I see Adam doing way better than SS vs a maddened Thor. I see a fight between them (Adam and Thor) as a split with a slight advantage going to Thor because of Mjolnir tricks. And Surfer would die horribly vs Adam, no weakness exploit and he's fighting an elite brick.

leonidas
a po'd ss takes him for a solid majority imo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not really. I see Adam doing way better than SS vs a maddened Thor. I see a fight between them (Adam and Thor) as a split with a slight advantage going to Thor because of Mjolnir tricks. And Surfer would die horribly vs Adam, no weakness exploit and he's fighting an elite brick.

Lawlz. Okay, there.

Slaanesh
Surfer 8/10..he's more powerful and versatile..

JayDaDon

Like rage said mjolnir is a good counter for surfer's pc. So most fights between them end up hand to hand. Wow you don't even think surfer should be able to hold his own against BRB? Lol...

JayDaDon

When's the last time a brick took down norrin?

Yes I know an actual brick ko'd him once, but you know what i'm saying stick out tongue

tkitna
A SS out to win isnt losing to Black Adam.

ozz81
Also norrin at his best once took down beings on galactuses level in some commic...so he shud be able to take down B.A maybe...

bbrem123
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

thumb up ...thank you

Thats exactly how I see it. SS has also gone H2H with hulk and the warbound and actually had the upperhand. Saying he is usless in H2H against others is just wrong

vince_slice
Black Adam....

Who says Surfer needs weakness exploitation to win against Superman? It just makes his job easier against him.

Surfer fought Bill and won hands down. Surfer also fought Thor recently too: the fight didn't happen the way you postulated, not even close. They were even the entire fight.

rotiart
Surfers best showings taking out Galactus level beings? Yes... Usually when plot was involved... Ie circumstances to tenebrous and aegis...
Or by using his merging with the blackbody to steal power away from the overseer..

In comparing Thor to beta ray bill... When brb got his but handed by the skrull female... Thor came taking names...
And Thor taking on powerful beings? Thor has just as good if not better history than surfer... On his own... Without the belt even. :-/

And the statement I made about superman is that with his cosmic awareness surfer could create radiation to render him helpless... Red sun light.. Etc. black Adam doesn't have that same weakness.

And are we to compare surfers hand to hand skills onthe same peel as someone who speed blitzes and rips people in half on a regular basis vs a surfer that never dOes that? This is not exiles surfer remember so you apply still the way a character fights while removing his self imposed limitations...

Don Corleone
Originally posted by tkitna
A SS out to win isnt losing to Black Adam.

iceman24567
Teth smashes baldy erm

JakeTheBank
Up close, Adam. At range, Surfer. Sure, Surfer's incredibly versatile, but Adam doesn't give a shit about that and will likely mess him up in close quarters.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank Up close, Adam. At range, Surfer. Sure, Surfer's incredibly versatile, but Adam doesn't give a shit about that and will likely mess him up in close quarters.

this.

vince_slice

In comparing Thor to beta ray bill... When brb got his but handed by the skrull female... Thor came taking names...
And Thor taking on powerful beings? Thor has just as good if not better history than surfer... On his own... Without the belt even. :-/
Don't downplay BRB, he's a beast in his own right. He's not as powerful as Thor but they're still peers with similar power-sets. Yet, Surfer beat-him down with his fists, disproving the myth Surfer sucks in close-combat.

You also claimed Thor would "ground-n-pound" Surfer into submission, yet their latest fight had them equal to each other. In his fight with Thor, Surfer didn't succumb to his mythical weakness of close-quarter combat that some people in this thread are perpetuating.

Like I said, SS doesn't need weakness exploitation to pull wins against Superman, he has the power to pull wins against Superman without resorting to weakness exploitation IMO. With exploitation, Surfer would get a decent majority against Superman.

First of all this match isn't strictly H2H, yet quite a lot of people think this fight will just devolve into H2H, which is retarded. Both combatants use their powers to the best of their abilities. I fail to see how this means Surfer will just let the fight slide to close-combat.

Second, Surfer can hold his own in close-combat; he did so against Hulk + Warbound, he did so against BRB (and beat him), and he did so against Skaar amped with oldpower (who BTW destroyed a planet) and beat him down with three punches, depowered him, and sealed his power away. Surfer can hold his own in close-combat fine. It's a myth that Surfer's weakness is close-combat.

Third, Surfer's mindset is more deadly after Annihilation. The only time he holds back now is when he fights allies (e.g., against BRB, Nova, even the latest Thor fight). But if you're a villain, he won't hesitate to destroy a planet in the process to beat you (e.g., his fight with Ravenous).

JayDaDon
Seriously the misconception about surfer not being a good fighter needs to die hard. Once again if surfer wants it a ranged fight, what's BA gonna do about it? They have atleast comparable speed and that's if surfer doesn't do anything fancy like time manip or intangibility. Is the fact that ba rips people apart supposed to mean something against norrin? He aint rippin nothing apart here. Even if he could the dude has reformed himself from being cut to ribbons.

Colossus-Big C
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/2126836-black_adam_ok_sat.jpg

MF DELPH
I'd give the majority to Surfer, though most matches would be close, and the majority would be slim. Black Adam bows to no man, but Surfer brings a whole lot to the table, including enough exotic abilities (intangibility, shrinking, etc) to dictate the terms of combat, and enough firepower to take advantage of that edge. The matches he'd lose are the ones where they just tear into eachother head on, and even in those matches Surfer isn't necessarily at a complete disadvantage, just out of his usual element.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.