Silver surfer vs thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rotiart
I just did a search and didn't find anything so...
How does this go. 616 versions.

Indestructible terrain on a lifeless planet so they don't have to hold back.

ozz81
Thor.. 8/10

rotiart
I'd vote thor too... But imagine it a bit closer like 7 or 7.5 to thor favor

ozz81
Originally posted by rotiart
I'd vote thor too... But imagine it a bit closer like 7 or 7.5 to thor favor
Yeah true hey , norrins quite versatile hey has an amazing power set..

h1a8
SS 7-8/10 Assuming both fight at their best

black holes, phasing, board from behind tricks, cosmic blasts after Thor misses with Mjolnir, super speed, etc.

Don Corleone
Thor, but it's close.

ozz81
Yeah also in a commic and im pretty sure rage of olympus posted the link up in some thread in it SS was fighting against thor and stated that odin force > than his power cosmic etc something along those lines...

Slaanesh
SS for a small majority..they are about equal..

Damborgson
Originally posted by ozz81
Yeah also in a commic and im pretty sure rage of olympus posted the link up in some thread in it SS was fighting against thor and stated that odin force > than his power cosmic etc something along those lines... http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurfer04.jpg

yep. thumb up

JakeTheBank
This has been done before, iirc.

Thor wins. Stronger, more powerful, etc.

Diesldude
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

thumb up

Diesldude
Originally posted by ozz81
Yeah also in a commic and im pretty sure rage of olympus posted the link up in some thread in it SS was fighting against thor and stated that odin force > than his power cosmic etc something along those lines...

Originally posted by Damborgson
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurfer04.jpg

yep. thumb up

I think he meant to say that it is mighter than his cosmic powers. He isn't the greatest wielder of Power Cosmic.

vince_slice
Stalemate.

Stoic
Originally posted by Damborgson
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurfer04.jpg

yep. thumb up

That art was great, I loved those old Thor comics. I wonder why Claudio Castellini doesn't sketch for the title?

As for the match.

Thor 7/10

playa1258
Originally posted by h1a8
SS 7-8/10 Assuming both fight at their best

black holes, phasing, board from behind tricks, cosmic blasts after Thor misses with Mjolnir, super speed, etc.

This ain't CBR. Thor is flat out more powerful as Surfer himself admitted

TheHulk
Thor 6/10

zopzop
Thor for the healthy majority.

h1a8

Thor starts stronger but SS can amp beyond him if he wanted to. Doesn't matter since SS is strong enough to rock Thor with punches all the same.

Also SS is far more powerful. He can destroy a planet with a simple blast. Thor can't achieve that. Nor can he achieve the offensive power of a black hole. Surfer's faster too and can phase. Nothing can beat that.

Originally posted by playa1258
This ain't CBR. Thor is flat out more powerful as Surfer himself admitted

BS, SS is way more powerful than Thor when he is at his best. Thor has a glaring weakness too, the lost of his hammer. SS can simply momentarily put a field around it and go to town on Thor's arse. Or when Thor throws the hammer and misses, SS goes to town on his arse.
Plus SS offensive power exceeds Thor's.

rotiart
Iirc those issues are when surfer was trapped on earth and/or greatly depowered by Galactus which have little semblance to the surfer we see today.

DARTH POWER
Thor starts stronger but SS can amp beyond him if he wanted to.

No he cant. If anything its Thor who can get stronger by either using the Belt of Strength, or possibly by going into warrior madness.

Doesn't matter since SS is strong enough to rock Thor with punches all the same.

SS does not want to go h2h with Thor. Mjolnir would wreck him. His best bet is to keep his distance.

Also SS is far more powerful.

He's admitted on panel Thor is the far more powerful one.

He can destroy a planet with a simple blast. Thor can't achieve that.

Yes he can. Besides which Mjolnir will absorb any blasts Surfer shoots at him.

Thor has a glaring weakness too, the lost of his hammer. SS can simply momentarily put a field around it and go to town on Thor's arse.

LOL He could not even keep Thor's hammer from him whilst amped by Loki!

Or when Thor throws the hammer and misses, SS goes to town on his arse.

Their first encounter made it clear, Surfer can not out fly Mjolnir. He's not gna miss. (even if he did Mjolnir would go straight back to Thor)

Iirc those issues are when surfer was trapped on earth and/or greatly depowered by Galactus which have little semblance to the surfer we see today.

Mute point. They were on Asgard in that fight. And no where was it ever mentioned Surfer was depowered whilst on Earth.

Igniz
Thor FTW

The Sorrow
Their recent encounter showed Surfer is no slouch in a fist fight when he palmed Mjolnir and that he can take hits from Thor.

I think Thor probably edges it though, stronger, tougher, more raw power and can nullify most attacks Surfer can throw at him with Mjolnir.

Mindship
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
He's admitted on panel Thor is the far more powerful one.If you are referring to their first fight, what Surfer admitted to was that the "mallet's magic" was mightier than his own cosmic force.

I've always looked at it this way: w/ Mjolnir, Thor can raise more brute power but he is more dependent on Mjolnir than Surfer is on his board. Plus Surfer has greater versatility. Also, while Thor is better at h2h and has the heart of a warrior, Surfer has insane durability: even fullpower hits from Hulk don't faze him.

Their first encounter made it clear, Surfer can not out fly Mjolnir. He's not gna miss. (even if he did Mjolnir would go straight back to Thor)Again, in their first fight, Surfer did evade a Mjolnir throw; Thor was even amazed by that

And no where was it ever mentioned Surfer was depowered whilst on Earth. Not in that particular issue (SS #4, vol.1). But just 2 issues before, while Surfer was fighting a big orange alien robot, he did comment, "Once I might have felled you with a shrug. But though I am less than before, still am I the Silver Surfer!"

This is consistent with other comments made by the Surfer in the FF mags, leading up to his own first comic, all stemming from the sonic shark incident in FF#72.

In any event, as much as it pains me: Thor beats Surfer more often than not, largely because Mjolnir has terrific energy-absorption powers, can generate greater striking power, and because Marvel seems to want it that way.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Surfer was cut off from the ambient cosmic energy of the Universe by a barrier Galactus created around the Earth and was such, depowered.

In his fight with Thor however, not only did Loki take him past that barrier (I.e. allowing him to soak up that energy again as I understand it), he also merged his own very formidable might with the Silver Surfer.

As such, Norrin was noticeably more powerful than he was even as a Herald of Galactus as stated by his comments that his never felt so strangely invincible, unstoppable etc.

Thor edges it out, 6-7/10. Even if you think Norrin is more powerful, I don't think anyone should be able to deny he'd lose the majority in a battle at this point.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor starts stronger but SS can amp beyond him if he wanted to. Doesn't matter since SS is strong enough to rock Thor with punches all the same.

Not really. Surfer can hurt Thor, but in close combat situation, it's going to be one sided.

Also SS is far more powerful. He can destroy a planet with a simple blast. Thor can't achieve that. Nor can he achieve the offensive power of a black hole. Surfer's faster too and can phase. Nothing can beat that.

Lawlz. If one had to pick a more powerful out of the two, Thor's the answer. At the very least in the context of combat.

I get really annoyed by this CBR shit. I don't care if Surfer can squirt butterflies out of his nipples or spit supernovas, he doesn't have anything in his arsenal that can easily stop the Odinson.

If he were to open up a black hole, I guarantee you that Mjolnir would either wave it way with some magic shit or Thor would tank it like he has every thing Surfer has thrown his way.

Surfer's faster, but Thor can handle it. Mjolnir can counter. The Odinson can.

BS, SS is way more powerful than Thor when he is at his best. Thor has a glaring weakness too, the lost of his hammer. SS can simply momentarily put a field around it and go to town on Thor's arse. Or when Thor throws the hammer and misses, SS goes to town on his arse.
Plus SS offensive power exceeds Thor's.

*Sigh*

I don't even know why I bothered with the above. Waste of my time.

Lord Feron
Thor wins more times than not because Surfer doesn't commonly use his very exotic abilities, astral pull and mind ****, phasing, offensive molecular manip.

JakeTheBank
h1 doesn't know what he's talking about, per usual.

JayDaDon
I still just wanna see an allout fight between the two to determine. Surfer is always coming to the fight wanting to reason, and of course thor comes to any fight not giving one ounce of phuck. I've yet to see surfer truly let loose on thor. They both have beastly high end feats. For now I'll say 5/10.

playa1258
I agree with you Rage, H1 is using CBR fanboy Surfer not the comic version.

Thor is tailor made to take out Surfer

MF DELPH
I'd give the edge to Surfer because Surfer has the tools to disarm Thor, and while Mjolnir's Odin enchanted abilities may trump Surfer in some areas, Thor, himself, separated from Mjolnir, doesn't. I'm of the school of thought that in a best of 10 Surfer can restrain and disarm Thor at least in 4-6 matches and then bombard him with blasts, assuming Thor either does a hammer toss or Surfer can land a blow that knocks Mjolnir from his hand, at which point Surfer encases Thor's hands so he can't wield the hammer and turns the tide of the match. If Mjolnir leaves Thor's hand, it's Surfer's match to win. Otherwise, it's close, and brutal, and Thor would take the round.

Spire
Thor hits him a few times, then wins.

carver9
Thor 7/10

leonidas
thor for a very slight majority imo.

h1a8
Originally posted by playa1258
I agree with you Rage, H1 is using CBR fanboy Surfer not the comic version.

Thor is tailor made to take out Surfer

If I'm not using the comic version then what am I using? Everything I said Surfer has done in comics. I'm not making up powers or abilities or tactics he's never done.

Characters fight at their best ability AS SHOWN BEFORE. The board from behind trick gets Surfer at least 5/10.

JakeTheBank
If I'm not using the comic version then what am I using? Everything I said Surfer has done in comics. I'm not making up powers or abilities or tactics he's never done.

Characters fight at their best ability AS SHOWN BEFORE. The board from behind trick gets Surfer at least 5/10.

It would help if you applied the same reasoning to Thor and everything he's ever displayed in the pages of a comic as well.

Damborgson
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Their recent encounter showed Surfer is no slouch in a fist fight when he palmed Mjolnir and that he can take hits from Thor.

I think Thor probably edges it though, stronger, tougher, more raw power and can nullify most attacks Surfer can throw at him with Mjolnir.

He didn't palm Mjolnir. He grabbed Thor's hand with both of his before he completed the swing.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsSilverSurfer11MightyThor3.jpg

Agree with the rest of the post though. thumb up

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Mindship
If you are referring to their first fight, what Surfer admitted to was that the "mallet's magic" was mightier than his own cosmic force.

I've always looked at it this way: w/ Mjolnir, Thor can raise more brute power but he is more dependent on Mjolnir than Surfer is on his board. Plus Surfer has greater versatility. Also, while Thor is better at h2h and has the heart of a warrior, Surfer has insane durability: even fullpower hits from Hulk don't faze him.

Well its a mute point really, because Thor has Mjolnir, and Surfer has his board. Niether are going to be seperated from their weapons.

Surfer does have insane durability and can tank hits from the Hulk, but he cant take too many hits from Mjolnir.. As indestructible as Surfer is, Mjolnir is more so, and being a magical based weapon powered by Thor's strength its too much for Surfer's durability.

Again, in their first fight, Surfer did evade a Mjolnir throw; Thor was even amazed by that

You forgot to mention how Surfer was just as surprised he evaded it Lol. Noticing Thor's Hammer is more powerful than Surfer's board and power cosmic. He was only able to avoid Mjolnir due to Loki's amp.
As we find out at the end of the fight, Thor was holding back the whole time, and if he decided to go all out, could have defeated Surfer any time.

Not in that particular issue (SS #4, vol.1). But just 2 issues before, while Surfer was fighting a big orange alien robot, he did comment, "Once I might have felled you with a shrug. But though I am less than before, still am I the Silver Surfer!"

This is consistent with other comments made by the Surfer in the FF mags, leading up to his own first comic, all stemming from the sonic shark incident in FF#72.

Ah right. I get that now. But like Rage pointed out, with Loki's amp Sufer felt more powerful than he's ever been before.

In any event, as much as it pains me: Thor beats Surfer more often than not, largely because Mjolnir has terrific energy-absorption powers, can generate greater striking power, and because Marvel seems to want it that way.

Exactly.. Energy absorbtion powers of Mjolnir is just too big of an advantage against Surfer.

Mindship
Well its a mute point really, because Thor has Mjolnir, and Surfer has his board. Niether are going to be seperated from their weapons. Except that it's common practice for Thor to throw his hammer: a willing separation Surfer could take advantage of.

Surfer does have insane durability and can tank hits from the Hulk, but he cant take too many hits from Mjolnir. Mjolnir, yes, but I was mentioning Surfer's durability with regard to h2h (sans hammer or board). Thor's punches (or headbutt) wouldn't hurt SS anymore than Hulk's.

You forgot to mention how Surfer was just as surprised he evaded it. IIRC, Surfer was surprised that Thor thought he could hit him with it. If you have a scan of that panel (it shows Surfer's path as a hyperbolic arc), I would appreciate it. If I'm wrong, so be it. But for the moment, I don't think I am.

Ah right. I get that now. But like Rage pointed out, with Loki's amp Sufer felt more powerful than he's ever been before. I wonder how that would compare to modern Surfer. From what I've seen of their latest fight (I've yet to get the comics to read it fully), it doesn't look like one had a definite advantage over the other, though Thor was more aggressive and seemed to score more points, but nothing significant.

Was a winner ever made clear?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'd wager that the Surfer that was amped by Loki is more powerful than the current version.

DARTH POWER
Except that it's common practice for Thor to throw his hammer: a willing separation Surfer could take advantage of.

I think "could" is the key word there. Its never been shown as a weakness for Surfer to exploit in their fights, and we know Mjolnir comes straight back to Thor.

Also I see Thor doing the odd Hammer throw, but I dnt see him doing it constantly in a fight against Surfer, considering it defends him against Surfer's attacks.

Mjolnir, yes, but I was mentioning Surfer's durability with regard to h2h (sans hammer or board). Thor's punches (or headbutt) wouldn't hurt SS anymore than Hulk's.

Yeah maybe.. But like I said he wnt be seperated from Mjolnir for long, if at all.

IIRC, Surfer was surprised that Thor thought he could hit him with it. If you have a scan of that panel (it shows Surfer's path as a hyperbolic arc), I would appreciate it. If I'm wrong, so be it. But for the moment, I don't think I am.

Just checked it, and you're right. Surfer says "could a mere hammer outfly the Silver Surfer" whilst Thor says "Tis beyond belief. Methinks there be a mystic force at work".. Which of course there was.. Loki's amp.
Although that scene and another did show Sufer using his speed, which some people claim he's never used against Thor.
Also that was the second hammer throw Thor did in that fight. The first hit Surfer through a wall.

Dnt get me wrong I be no means see this fight as a stomp. Thor and Surfer are Marvel's 2 top dogs. I just think its always been made kind of clear that Thor is above Surfer.

Mindship
I think "could" is the key word there. Its never been shown as a weakness for Surfer to exploit in their fights, and we know Mjolnir comes straight back to Thor.

Also I see Thor doing the odd Hammer throw, but I dnt see him doing it constantly in a fight against Surfer, considering it defends him against Surfer's attacks.Fair enough. If nothing else, Thor has certainly fought SS often enough to be wary, I would think.

Also that was the second hammer throw Thor did in that fight. The first hit Surfer through a wall. laughing out loud Yeah, I hate to say it, but that was a pretty cool pic.

Dnt get me wrong I be no means see this fight as a stomp. Thor and Surfer are Marvel's 2 top dogs. I just think its always been made kind of clear that Thor is above Surfer. Yes. I would have to concede this. There was a KMC member who had made a good point long ago -- plus there was something I had said a while back in another thread involving Thor -- and since then I have reconsidered my position.

h1a8
It would help if you applied the same reasoning to Thor and everything he's ever displayed in the pages of a comic as well.
Surfer can phase and is faster and has better mobility.

The problem with Thor is bad habit of throwing the hammer, slow speed, and warrior mentality of wanting to bash h2h too much. CIS off while
giving Thor's Superman's combat speed and maneuverability then he would be at least Trans level. He would decimate any High Herald (including Superman and SS) 10/10.

JakeTheBank
Surfer can phase and is faster and has better mobility.

The problem with Thor is bad habit of throwing the hammer, slow speed, and warrior mentality of wanting to bash h2h too much. CIS off while
giving Thor's Superman's combat speed and maneuverability then he would be at least Trans level. He would decimate any High Herald (including Superman and SS) 10/10.

So how come Surfer gets the benefit of the doubt and all of sudden gets to use any and all of his abilities to his utmost capacity here, but Thor doesn't?

You're citing all these random versatility feats and showings of Surfer, who typically in a comic, shoots energy blasts and rushes people with the board (ie. fighting like an idiot according to some of your other posts) while at the same time ignoring the times Thor's shown his own various abilities and powers and citing CIS for him.

It's a two way street. Either you're going to argue for the both of them with CIS off, or you're going to argue for them as they typically fight in the majority of their battles.

gogogadgetgo
So how come Surfer gets the benefit of the doubt and all of sudden gets to use any and all of his abilities to his utmost capacity here, but Thor doesn't?

You're citing all these random versatility feats and showings of Surfer, who typically in a comic, shoots energy blasts and rushes people with the board (ie. fighting like an idiot according to some of your other posts) while at the same time ignoring the times Thor's shown his own various abilities and powers and citing CIS for him.

It's a two way street. Either you're going to argue for the both of them with CIS off, or you're going to argue for them as they typically fight in the majority of their battles.

h1 cant do that. If Thor beats Surfer and Surfer beats Superman then he'd have to admit that Thor can beat Superman.

Biased double standard poster is Biased double standard poster.

-Pr-

1. It's a Surfer thread.
2. It's a Surfer thread.

Haven't you been paying attention? sneer

h1a8

You didn't get me. Let me make it clear.

NO SPEED FOR THOR THEN NO WIN FOR HIM.
SPEED FOR THOR THEN WIN FOR HIM.

What good is all Thor's abilities if he is too slow to pull them off.
I extremely made myself clear that if Thor had Superman's speed then he would own Surfer (Superman too). So what's the problem?

cdtm
Surfer, 8/10.

abhilegend
Thor 6/10.

TheHulk
Originally posted by cdtm
Surfer, 8/10. really??? how???

cdtm
Originally posted by TheHulk
really??? how???

Exotic powers, godblast maybe.

Thor has greater overall power output, so he can definitely take a few, despite Surfer's greater durability (For even low end heralds of Galactus, surviving a black hole is mundane..), speed, and a higher average energy output..

JakeTheBank
You didn't get me. Let me make it clear.

NO SPEED FOR THOR THEN NO WIN FOR HIM.
SPEED FOR THOR THEN WIN FOR HIM.

What good is all Thor's abilities if he is too slow to pull them off.
I extremely made myself clear that if Thor had Superman's speed then he would own Surfer (Superman too). So what's the problem?

Except for the fact that Surfer's great speed advantage, if such a thing exists, never gave him a victory or even near victory over Thor.

This idea that Thor needs omgz level speed to compete with people like Superman or Surfer is unfounded. There's literally nothing to suggest Surfer being too fast for Thor and Thor being too slow to do anything of worth to him.

h1a8
Except for the fact that Surfer's great speed advantage, if such a thing exists, never gave him a victory or even near victory over Thor.

This idea that Thor needs omgz level speed to compete with people like Superman or Surfer is unfounded. There's literally nothing to suggest Surfer being too fast for Thor and Thor being too slow to do anything of worth to him.

Surfer is not going to beat Thor decisively in a comic because the writer is not going to let him fight at his best (use speed). It would bring Thor down and decrease sales. That's why those are comics and this is a forum fight. If a comic fight was 100% what will happen if the two fought at their best then what's to discuss? Why have a thread about two characters who already fought? What's the point?

Lastly, every exotic thing Thor has pulled off in comics took at least a few seconds. This is an eternity for SS to mount an attack and keep Thor on the defensive. Thor better not throw that hammer.

JakeTheBank
Surfer is not going to beat Thor decisively in a comic because the writer is not going to let him fight at his best (use speed). It would bring Thor down and decrease sales. That's why those are comics and this is a forum fight. If a comic fight was 100% what will happen if the two fought at their best then what's to discuss? Why have a thread about two characters who already fought? What's the point?

Lastly, every exotic thing Thor has pulled off in comics took at least a few seconds. This is an eternity for SS to mount an attack and keep Thor on the defensive. Thor better not throw that hammer.

That's ridiculous. Hell, Silver Surfer for a time was far more popular than Thor, and I'd say among comic book fans, is easily just as popular as him. So, no, writers don't have Thor win because they're afraid his fan base will rebel and sales will drop accordingly. That is an excuse at best and utterly insane at worst. And that argument works both ways. If you think Surfer wasn't at his best due to speed, well, I guess Thor wasn't at his best because he didn't use his entire repertoire of abilities and effortlessly no sell everything thrown his way based on what he has endured.

Yeah, and most of Surfer's best feats involved at least a few seconds for him to achieve, too. What's your point? Thor can throw his hammer whenever he likes; Surfer doesn't have the feats to suggest he can indefinitely keep it away from him nor beat Thor before Mjolnir returns to its master.

cdtm
Surfer, more popular than Thor? O_o

I always saw Surfer as basically the most popular cosmic character, which still makes him less popular than anything mainstream (Like Xmen, Avengers, Hulk, Spidey, Fantastic Four, or most things on Marvel Earth..)

Starscream M
That's ridiculous. Hell, Silver Surfer for a time was far more popular than Thor, and I'd say among comic book fans, is easily just as popular as him. So, no, writers don't have Thor win because they're afraid his fan base will rebel and sales will drop accordingly. That is an excuse at best and utterly insane at worst. And that argument works both ways. If you think Surfer wasn't at his best due to speed, well, I guess Thor wasn't at his best because he didn't use his entire repertoire of abilities and effortlessly no sell everything thrown his way based on what he has endured.

Yeah, and most of Surfer's best feats involved at least a few seconds for him to achieve, too. What's your point? Thor can throw his hammer whenever he likes; Surfer doesn't have the feats to suggest he can indefinitely keep it away from him nor beat Thor before Mjolnir returns to its master. surfer can encase mjolnir within a sphere created from his board. thor will no longer be able to hold mjolnir.

ozz81
^^Thor can still use most of his abilities without his mallet...

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
surfer can encase mjolnir within a sphere created from his board. thor will no longer be able to hold mjolnir.

Thor summons Mjolnir back.

What then?

Starscream M
Thor summons Mjolnir back.

What then? he still can't hold it, so it will be useless to him.

cdtm
he still can't hold it, so it will be useless to him.

The hammer could teleport, if it can't simply break out of the construct.

JakeTheBank
he still can't hold it, so it will be useless to him.

Originally posted by cdtm
The hammer could teleport, if it can't simply break out of the construct.

^ That.

If Thor wills it, Mjolnir will return to him even if it has to go through Hell to do so....which it did.

h1a8

Yeah, and most of Surfer's best feats involved at least a few seconds for him to achieve, too. What's your point? Thor can throw his hammer whenever he likes; Surfer doesn't have the feats to suggest he can indefinitely keep it away from him nor beat Thor before Mjolnir returns to its master. Marvel makes more money by allowing both characters not to show the other up badly.

SS is astronomically faster than Thor and can maneuver all around Thor like he is standing still. Surfer never shot Thor with planet leveling blasts in the comics or created black holes on him or hit him with the board from behind traveling at a million c or phase. Thor can't do anything exotic to SS because he is slower and will be on the defensive if he knows what's best for him.

Thor's hammer is another one of his weak points. Surfer can easily temporarily handicap Thor. Then use that time to do some serious damage to Thor. Also if Thor throws the hammer at SS then Thor becomes defenseless and SS will bombard him with attacks to end the fight.

h1a8
^ That.

If Thor wills it, Mjolnir will return to him even if it has to go through Hell to do so....which it did.

It's impossible to will something back when you are getting rocked hard with blasts and other attacks (such as getting hit with the board coming at you at a million c)

JakeTheBank
Marvel makes more money by allowing both characters not to show the other up badly.

SS is astronomically faster than Thor and can maneuver all around Thor like he is standing still. Surfer never shot Thor with planet leveling blasts in the comics or created black holes on him or hit him with the board from behind traveling at a million c or phase. Thor can't do anything exotic to SS because he is slower and will be on the defensive if he knows what's best for him.

Thor's hammer is another one of his weak points. Surfer can easily temporarily handicap Thor. Then use that time to do some serious damage to Thor. Also if Thor throws the hammer at SS then Thor becomes defenseless and SS will bombard him with attacks to end the fight.

Marvel writes whatever the hell Marvel wants. Sentry was panned as one of the most unpopular characters of all time; a vast, vast majority of fans hated the character and despised him. Didn't stop him from having incredibly high end showings. Spider-Man's wildly popular, arguably the most popular Marvel hero ever, if not one of the most (arguably at a time THE MOST) popular comic book character. And yet, Spider-Man routinely gets his ass kicked by whomever, far more often than random PIS moments such as his handling of Firelord. So this argument that Thor only beats Surfer due to his popularity and out of fear of fan backlash is, quite frankly, unfounded and insulting to Silver Surfer the character himself as well as his fan base.

Based on what? Surfer didn't out maneuver Thor in any of their fights. At all. What feats are you using to suggest he'd be too fast for Thor here? Jesus, Thor's never godblasted Surfer, or Anti-Forced him, or absorbed all of his Power Cosmic blasts and return them to him x10-x100 power, nor has he encased him in a whirlwind or hit him with the force of hundreds of hurricanes or sic Mjolnir at him using his broken auto-hit/richochet capabilities, or toss Mjolnir at speeds far, far, far, FAR beyond lightspeed at him.

If Thor at his best throws Mjolnir at Surfer, it's going to hit him. Surfer won't be able to contain Mjolnir long enough to do anything of worth to Thor as the effort required in doing so and keeping it restricted will literally require all of Norrin's concentration, less Thor simply summon Mjolnir back and strike Surfer along the way with it.

JakeTheBank
It's impossible to will something back when you are getting rocked hard with blasts and other attacks (such as getting hit with the board coming at you at a million c)

Thor makes a living off of doing the impossible.

You can't prove Surfer could entrap Mjolnir and multi task by keeping the hammer away while assailing Thor at the same time, either.

Starscream M
^ That.

If Thor wills it, Mjolnir will return to him even if it has to go through Hell to do so....which it did. fine, but surfer can encase thor's head in his board, then thor's phucked.

h1a8
Thor makes a living off of doing the impossible.

You can't prove Surfer could entrap Mjolnir and multi task by keeping the hammer away while assailing Thor at the same time, either. He doesn't have to do it at the same time. Once the hammer is encased SS will go to town on Thor.

JakeTheBank
fine, but surfer can encase thor's head in his board, then thor's phucked.

That's as likely as Thor Godblasting Surfer to hell.

JakeTheBank
He doesn't have to do it at the same time. Once the hammer is encased SS will go to town on Thor.

Unless Thor instantly wills Mjolnir back to him.

h1a8
Marvel writes whatever the hell Marvel wants. Sentry was panned as one of the most unpopular characters of all time; a vast, vast majority of fans hated the character and despised him. Didn't stop him from having incredibly high end showings. Spider-Man's wildly popular, arguably the most popular Marvel hero ever, if not one of the most (arguably at a time THE MOST) popular comic book character. And yet, Spider-Man routinely gets his ass kicked by whomever, far more often than random PIS moments such as his handling of Firelord. So this argument that Thor only beats Surfer due to his popularity and out of fear of fan backlash is, quite frankly, unfounded and insulting to Silver Surfer the character himself as well as his fan base.

Based on what? Surfer didn't out maneuver Thor in any of their fights. At all. What feats are you using to suggest he'd be too fast for Thor here? Jesus, Thor's never godblasted Surfer, or Anti-Forced him, or absorbed all of his Power Cosmic blasts and return them to him x10-x100 power, nor has he encased him in a whirlwind or hit him with the force of hundreds of hurricanes or sic Mjolnir at him using his broken auto-hit/richochet capabilities, or toss Mjolnir at speeds far, far, far, FAR beyond lightspeed at him.

If Thor at his best throws Mjolnir at Surfer, it's going to hit him. Surfer won't be able to contain Mjolnir long enough to do anything of worth to Thor as the effort required in doing so and keeping it restricted will literally require all of Norrin's concentration, less Thor simply summon Mjolnir back and strike Surfer along the way with it. Surfer didn't outmaneuver Thor because he didn't use his top speed against Thor.

Thor can't do anything to Surfer if Surfer is using his top speed. You can name all the wonderful things Thor has done but it is all meaningless since he won't get a chance to pull them off. Thor can only throw the hammer at speeds beyond light speed after spending time to whirl the hammer. Thor can't deflect blasts and throw the hammer at the same time. Plus SS can phase remember. What's Thor going to do then?

I disagree that SS needs to concentrate to keep a force field up. He can simply create one and go about his business. If not then I stil don't see how SS can't blast the shit out of Thor while Thor is trying to get the hammer back.

Thor can't summon anything back if he's getting rocked. He needs to be coherent to do this. Planet leveling blasts, board hitting him at a million c, black holes, would all prevent Thor from being coherent.

Plus if SS wanted he could just avoid Mjolnir by evading to the side and then winning the fight by either blasting Thor with planet leveling blasts, creating a black hole around Thor, or hitting Thor with the board a million c.

h1a8
Unless Thor instantly wills Mjolnir back to him.

He can instantly will it back but it won't return to him instantly. He would be defenseless for a decent moment and sustain great damage if he doesn't lose immediately.

JakeTheBank
He can instantly will it back but it won't return to him instantly. He would be defenseless for a decent moment and sustain great damage if he doesn't lose immediately.

Surfer can't beat Thor nor nearly beat him in the span of a moment.

quanchi112
He can instantly will it back but it won't return to him instantly. He would be defenseless for a decent moment and sustain great damage if he doesn't lose immediately. This isn't backed on anything other than your wild fantasies. You can't just create scenarios based on nothing other than a wild imagination.

h1a8
Surfer can't beat Thor nor nearly beat him in the span of a moment. I agree but it's because of CIS. Surfer doesn't want to kill unnecessarily and neither does Thor.

Originally posted by quanchi112
This isn't backed on anything other than your wild fantasies. You can't just create scenarios based on nothing other than a wild imagination. What are you talking about? Be specific why don't you.

JakeTheBank
I agree but it's because of CIS. Surfer doesn't want to kill unnecessarily and neither does Thor.

What are you talking about? Be specific why don't you.

CIS off Surfer couldn't kill Thor in a moment anymore than CIS off Thor could kill Surfer in a moment.

quanchi112
I agree but it's because of CIS. Surfer doesn't want to kill unnecessarily and neither does Thor.

What are you talking about? Be specific why don't you. You're using tactics and saying it beats Thor within moments but this isn't based off of anything seen in comics because you don't read them.

Igniz
You're using tactics and saying it beats Thor within moments but this isn't based off of anything seen in comics because you don't read them.

thumb up

h1a8
You're using tactics and saying it beats Thor within moments but this isn't based off of anything seen in comics because you don't read them.

Characters fight at their best AS SHOWN BEFORE.
SS has trapped Mjolnir in a field, created black holes around enemies, phased, hit enemies from behind with his board, shattered planets with a mere blast, maneuvered so fast he dodged multiple beams of light, etc.
So again how isn't it shown in comics?

quanchi112
SS has trapped Mjolnir in a field, created black holes around enemies, phased, hit enemies from behind with his board, shattered planets with a mere blast, maneuvered so fast he dodged multiple beams of light, etc.
So again how isn't it shown in comics? They fight in character as well. You can't just claim a tactic can easily best someone they have never bested before if it isn't based on any of their fights. It's called ignoring the comics and just pretending.

h1a8
They fight in character as well. You can't just claim a tactic can easily best someone they have never bested before if it isn't based on any of their fights. It's called ignoring the comics and just pretending.

If a character has done it on panel then it is in character. You argue Thanos will forceblock someone when he don't usually do that in comics. Or have Thanos using shields at the same time as blasting when it was never really SHOWN. WTF are you talking about.

Characters fight at their best as shown before. Do you know what that means?

Plus in character refers to natural stupidity, warrior code, or morals. It has nothing to do with anything else.

Surfer isn't stupid to not use his abilities that he used before in comics in a forum fight.

quanchi112
If a character has done it on panel then it is in character. You argue Thanos will forceblock someone when he don't usually do that in comics. Or have Thanos using shields at the same time as blasting when it was never really SHOWN. WTF are you talking about.

Characters fight at their best as shown before. Do you know what that means?

Plus in character refers to natural stupidity, warrior code, or morals. It has nothing to do with anything else.

Surfer isn't stupid to not use his abilities that he used before in comics in a forum fight. Thanos used the force block when it was necessary. Very rarely do I argue for him to use this in a versus thread and he did so twice.

Thanos can use shields and alternate blasts all the same anyways.

I argue based on how Thanos fights I don't claim someone easily wins when they have never beaten a character like you do.

This isn't cbr. This isn't you with the powerset vs. me with Thor's powers. You've been here this long and still don't understand how it works.

h1a8
Thanos used the force block when it was necessary. Very rarely do I argue for him to use this in a versus thread and he did so twice.

Thanos can use shields and alternate blasts all the same anyways.

I argue based on how Thanos fights I don't claim someone easily wins when they have never beaten a character like you do.

This isn't cbr. This isn't you with the powerset vs. me with Thor's powers. You've been here this long and still don't understand how it works.

Correct you admit arguing what Thanos does when he doesn't really fight that way. So stop being a hypocrite. If a character was shown to fight a certain way in comics then it is a viable tactic in comics. Learn the meaning of CIS.

cdtm

CBR isn't that bad, is it?

Pretty sure any given site like Alvaro's, Herochat, or Comicvine does that too.. Even here on KMC, to a point..

quanchi112
Correct you admit arguing what Thanos does when he doesn't really fight that way. So stop being a hypocrite. If a character was shown to fight a certain way in comics then it is a viable tactic in comics. Learn the meaning of CIS. My problem wasn't the tactic my problem is your belief it easily bests Thor without question.Originally posted by cdtm
CBR isn't that bad, is it?

Pretty sure any given site like Alvaro's, Herochat, or Comicvine does that too.. Even here on KMC, to a point.. Cbr is the worst site I have ever been to. Certain feats matter while certain feats don't. Pis excuses what the board doesn't like so there's no objectivity.

DARTH POWER
SS has trapped Mjolnir in a field,

An Amped Surfer did this. And went on to relentlessly Blast away at Thor, but still could not put Thor down.. Oh and when Thor decided to stop holding back he smashed that field anyway

created black holes around enemies,

Thor can create and indestructible hurricane around him to resist that, or just teleport to another spot. And I would'nt be surprised if Mjolnir could just absorb the black hole, considering all the random energies Mjolnir has absorbed in the past. And energies of immense power.

phased, hit enemies from behind with his board,

Pretty sure Mjolnir can hit beings that phase. Even if it cant its no different to Thor wrapping himself in an indestructible Hurricane and/or teleporting.

As for hitting enemies from behind with his board, that would make Surfer defenceless. And didn't Gladiator use that to his advantage and defeat Surfer?? Anyway no different to Mjolnir hitting Surfer from behind.

shattered planets with a mere blast,

Thor's been stated many many times to have this level of power in his strikes.

maneuvered so fast he dodged multiple beams of light, etc.

He will need to otherwise this would be a stomp. Thor shoots Omnidirectional blasts from Mjolnir.. Can send a thousand thousand hurricanes at Surfer, and Surfer can not out fly Mjolnir for long.

OneDumbG0
Merge: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t292293.html

h1a8
An Amped Surfer did this. And went on to relentlessly Blast away at Thor, but still could not put Thor down.. Oh and when Thor decided to stop holding back he smashed that field anyway I don't recall SS blasting Thor with planet shattering blasts. Remember this is a forum fight. Thor can't create indestructible hurricanes around him. And he can't create any hurricane around him before SS attacks him. And Thor's hurricanes can't defend against radiation attacks or gravity attacks. The black hole will instantly destroy Thor the moment it touches him. Thor won't get the chance to absorb it, especially if he throws the hammer. Thor can't do any of these things faster than SS. Hell it takes Thor seconds to do anything exotic, including teleporting. Surfer can phase and create shields. So he wouldn't be defenseless. Thor would be out of there if he decides to throw the hammer. Unless a character shows the level of power then it is speculation. Thor's omnidirectional blasts aren't really omnidirectional. There is a lot of space between the so called omnidirectional blasts that Thor has emitted before. Also SS can phase or use a shield to block it. Thor can't send out a thousand hurricanes at Surfer before Surfer attacks him. Remember SS is much faster. Plus I doubt that hurricanes would do anything to SS.

ozz81
@ ha18 thor did create an indestructible shield of a 1000 winds not even hulk could break it... and another shield once but forgot the comic , he absorbed some energy and created an indestructible shield around some facilty...

JakeTheBank
I don't recall SS blasting Thor with planet shattering blasts. Remember this is a forum fight. Thor can't create indestructible hurricanes around him. And he can't create any hurricane around him before SS attacks him. And Thor's hurricanes can't defend against radiation attacks or gravity attacks. The black hole will instantly destroy Thor the moment it touches him. Thor won't get the chance to absorb it, especially if he throws the hammer. Thor can't do any of these things faster than SS. Hell it takes Thor seconds to do anything exotic, including teleporting. Surfer can phase and create shields. So he wouldn't be defenseless. Thor would be out of there if he decides to throw the hammer. Unless a character shows the level of power then it is speculation. Thor's omnidirectional blasts aren't really omnidirectional. There is a lot of space between the so called omnidirectional blasts that Thor has emitted before. Also SS can phase or use a shield to block it. Thor can't send out a thousand hurricanes at Surfer before Surfer attacks him. Remember SS is much faster. Plus I doubt that hurricanes would do anything to SS.

facepalm

I don't recall Thor blasting SS with planet destroying power or striking him with planetary force.

Yes, Thor can make indestructible hurricanes around him.

Yes, Thor can summon winds instantly.

Thor's whirlwinds have shielded from Grandmaster's blast which would have destroyed 1/5 of the universe, so yeah, they can shield Thor from anything Surfer can throw at him.

Based on what Thor has endured, a black hole from Surfer isn't killing him instantly.

Thor can absorb vast amounts of energy instantly. Mjolnir would return if thrown, even if trapped by a black hole.

Prove Surfer is too fast for Thor to react to when Thor has done exactly that every single time they've battled.

Surfer can't do his exotic shit any measureable time faster than Thor can do his. Quit making shit up.

Thor can attack phased beings and make shields, too.

SS being much faster has never helped him beat Thor before and he's used his speed in battle.

Thor's effected Skyfather and abstract beings with his hurricanes; they're going to effect Silver Surfer.

My god, h1, your post shows a staggering level of ignorance of both the characters involved and is based on...hell if I know. You're not even debating CIS off Surfer; you're debating some fantasy character against a character you've shown an explicit level of ignorance over time and time again.

TheLordofMurder
facepalm

I don't recall Thor blasting SS with planet destroying power or striking him with planetary force.

Yes, Thor can make indestructible hurricanes around him.

Yes, Thor can summon winds instantly.

Thor's whirlwinds have shielded from Grandmaster's blast which would have destroyed 1/5 of the universe, so yeah, they can shield Thor from anything Surfer can throw at him.

Based on what Thor has endured, a black hole from Surfer isn't killing him instantly.

Thor can absorb vast amounts of energy instantly. Mjolnir would return if thrown, even if trapped by a black hole.

Prove Surfer is too fast for Thor to react to when Thor has done exactly that every single time they've battled.

Surfer can't do his exotic shit any measureable time faster than Thor can do his. Quit making shit up.

Thor can attack phased beings and make shields, too.

SS being much faster has never helped him beat Thor before and he's used his speed in battle.

Thor's effected Skyfather and abstract beings with his hurricanes; they're going to effect Silver Surfer.

My god, h1, your post shows a staggering level of ignorance of both the characters involved and is based on...hell if I know. You're not even debating CIS off Surfer; you're debating some fantasy character against a character you've shown an explicit level of ignorance over time and time again.

Excellent post!

thumb up

Oh...and Thor wins!

smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Excellent post!

thumb up

Oh...and Thor wins!

smile What kind of a split out of ten ?

TheLordofMurder
What kind of a split out of ten ?

Honestly, at average power levels/normal mindset for both characters, Thor 6-7/10...

But if both are going all out, Thor 10/10; Thor appears to be able to dial it up to a higher level than Surfer can when its crunch time...

quanchi112
Honestly, at average power levels/normal mindset for both characters, Thor 6-7/10...

But if both are going all out, Thor 10/10; Thor appears to be able to dial it up to a higher level than Surfer can when its crunch time... 10/10 means Surfer doesn't have a chance. If that were true Thor would have had an advantage in their recent fight.

TheLordofMurder
10/10 means Surfer doesn't have a chance. If that were true Thor would have had an advantage in their recent fight.

I dont believe Thor was going all out...

An all out Thor (in my honest opinion) is one who is in True Warriors Madness (x10 strength)...

rotiart
But if both are going all out, Thor 10/10; Thor appears to be able to dial it up to a higher level than Surfer can when its crunch time...

You seriously think at peak showings surfer doesn't stand any kind of a chance? Sigh.

Even if you went off only peak showings there is no way it is a curb stomp in anyone's favor.

quanchi112
I dont believe Thor was going all out...

An all out Thor (in my honest opinion) is one who is in True Warriors Madness (x10 strength)... Hyperbole. He's never ever shown anything like this but if you want to base your opinion off one statement in a comic to base your entire opinion on a pretty good matchup be my guest.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Let's not go too far here. I agree that Thor is much more awesome than Surfer but the eunuch's reputation isn't -entirely- undeserved.

TheLordofMurder
You seriously think at peak showings surfer doesn't stand any kind of a chance? Sigh.

Even if you went off only peak showings there is no way it is a curb stomp in anyone's favor.

Using peak showings only, Surfer has no prayer...

Peak Thor has better damage soak, better power output, and greater striking power...

Peak Surfer has tremendous matter/energy manipulation, but unless they fight near the Big Crunch energies, thats not going to help him in this fight...

Peak Thor has directly damaged Celestial Armor sans weakness exploitation; Surfer gets one-shotted.

TheLordofMurder
Hyperbole. He's never ever shown anything like this but if you want to base your opinion off one statement in a comic to base your entire opinion on a pretty good matchup be my guest.

I do think they'd have a great fight; under normal circumstances, Surfer would give Thor a hard fight...

But under extreme conditions, both dialing it up as high as they can, Thor demostrates a clear (very significant) superiority to The Silver Surfer...

quanchi112
I do think they'd have a great fight; under normal circumstances, Surfer would give Thor a hard fight...

But under extreme conditions, both dialing it up as high as they can, Thor demostrates a clear (very significant) superiority to The Silver Surfer... I don't think so. Thor might be more powerful but Surfer is more durable and is fully capable of beating Thor.

TheLordofMurder
Peak Thor is a bonafide Low Trans Tier character...IMHO.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Low Trans? Cosmic entities and High end Skyfathers should be extremely wary when fighting Thor, a weakling like Thanos would get butt f*cked by the Odinson's energy output.

g_serious

TheLordofMurder
I don't think so. Thor might be more powerful but Surfer is more durable and is fully capable of beating Thor.

Peak Thor has withstood attacks from "merciless" Celestials and kept on fighting; Surfers best feats of durability are beneath this...

T and A are sub Celestial level characters...

TheLordofMurder
I don't think so. Thor might be more powerful but Surfer is more durable and is fully capable of beating Thor.

Under normal circumstances I do agree with this though...

quanchi112
Peak Thor has withstood attacks from "merciless" Celestials and kept on fighting; Surfers best feats of durability are beneath this...

T and A are sub Celestial level characters... The Celestials didn't really want to beat him. They could do so with an afterthought.

You are taking the context out of the scene and acting as if the Celestials honestly couldn't bring Thor down if they wanted to.

T and A took down Galactus. They are peers to Celestials. Galactus himself seems to be pitted against the Celestials. This is going to get interesting. Go big G.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Low Trans? Cosmic entities and High end Skyfathers should be extremely wary when fighting Thor, a weakling like Thanos would get butt f*cked by the Odinson's energy output.

g_serious Then we look at blood and thunder power gem Thor and see him make a mad titan smile right before he wins.Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Under normal circumstances I do agree with this though... There is no reason to disagree if both are all out.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The Celestials didn't really want to beat him. They could do so with an afterthought.

You are taking the context out of the scene and acting as if the Celestials honestly couldn't bring Thor down if they wanted to.

They wanted Thor beaten or at least down. That doesn't mean they were using their full power but based on the previous scene, their blasts packed a ridiculous punch.

All in all, a crazy feat for Thor that comic.

quanchi112
They wanted Thor beaten or at least down. That doesn't mean they were using their full power but based on the previous scene, their blasts packed a ridiculous punch.

All in all, a crazy feat for Thor that comic. They didn't view him as a threat. That's the bottom line. It's a high end feat but in no way did they seriously approach him as a viable threat. Exitar undid his most powerful godblast damage like it was nothing which destroyed the hammer.

Rage.Of.Olympus
They didn't view him as a threat. That's the bottom line. It's a high end feat but in no way did they seriously approach him as a viable threat. Exitar undid his most powerful godblast damage like it was nothing which destroyed the hammer.

At the time, the Celestials wouldn't view Galactus as a threat so I don't see how that takes away from the showing by any noticeable extent. They attacked him mercilessly and swiftly -the Host wouldn't tolerate interference at the time- and based on the Destroyer/Uni-Mind battle, it's clear that their attacks packed a ridiculous amount of power.

How is that relevant to the discussion at hand?

quanchi112
At the time, the Celestials wouldn't view Galactus as a threat so I don't see how that takes away from the showing by any noticeable extent. They attacked him mercilessly and swiftly -the Host wouldn't tolerate interference at the time- and based on the Destroyer/Uni-Mind battle, it's clear that their attacks packed a ridiculous punch.

How is that relevant to the discussion at hand? The Celestials would view Galactus as a threat but that's besides the point we can only go by what the writers give us not speculate. They studied him and didn't attack mercilessly they let Thor attack them. His attacks were inconsequential and this was even stated on panel.

If the Celestials wanted to kill Thor one blast would do so lucky for him he was insignificant.

Galactus is a peer of the Celestials in ig and thanos imperative.

TheLordofMurder
The Celestials didn't really want to beat him. They could do so with an afterthought.

T and A took down Galactus. They are peers to Celestials. Galactus himself seems to be pitted against the Celestials. This is going to get interesting. Go big G.

Dont get me wrong, I am pulling for Galactus as well vs the Celestials; they are overpowered given what their cosmic "jobs" appear to be, and they need to be brought down as a result...

But at the time of the Celestials creation, they were supposed to be the next level of power over characters like Galactus...

Yes, Thor withstanding them was PIS, but virtually all heroes super-high-end feats are PIS as they typically are far, far, beyond a given characters average showing (I certainly believe a High Herald controlling the Big Crunch energies was PIS)...

But at the end of the day, Thors PIS showings are greater than the Surfers PIS showings...

quanchi112
Dont get me wrong, I am pulling for Galactus as well vs the Celestials; they are overpowered given what their cosmic "jobs" appear to be, and they need to be brought down as a result...

But at the time of the Celestials creation, they were supposed to be the next level of power over characters like Galactus...

Yes, Thor withstanding them was PIS, but virtually all heroes super-high-end feats are PIS as they typically are far, far, beyond a given characters average showing (I certainly believe a High Herald controlling the Big Crunch energies was PIS)...

But at the end of the day, Thors PIS showings are greater than the Surfers PIS showings... The Celestials never viewed Thor as a legit threat in the comic. The rest doesn't need to be addressed. Galactus>Odin and a peer to the Celestials.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The Celestials would view Galactus as a threat but that's besides the point we can only go by what the writers give us not speculate. They studied him and didn't attack mercilessly they let Thor attack them. His attacks were inconsequential and this was even stated on panel.

If the Celestials wanted to kill Thor one blast would do so lucky for him he was insignificant.

Galactus is a peer of the Celestials in ig and thanos imperative.

A Thor writer even post Thomas made it clear that the Celestials were above other cosmics, including Galactus. He like the Odin Destroyer wouldn't be considered any threat at all to the Fourth Host. So like before, I'm stumped as to why you think that argument takes away from the showing.

Irrelevant, more so since this is the entire Fourth Host.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestials1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestials2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestials3.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestials4.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestials5.jpg

"The Celestials reply is swift and mercilessly effective..."

"I'll not die Celestial, though it be thy fondest wish!"

Don't get me wrong, Thor was just a very stubborn bug to them, but you really can't take away from the feat as ridiculous as it was (Especially looking at the damage they did to the Destroyer/Uni-Mind, the Host tolerated no interference).

I have no doubt you'll try until I get bored but it's all in the scans son. Can't change that no matter how hard you try. smile

quanchi112
A Thor writer even post Thomas made it clear that the Celestials were above other cosmics, including Galactus. He like the Odin Destroyer wouldn't be considered any threat at all to the Fourth Host. So like before, I'm stumped as to why you think that argument takes away from the showing.

Irrelevant, more so since this is the entire Fourth Host.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestials1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestials2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestials3.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestials4.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsCelestials5.jpg

"The Celestials reply is swift and mercilessly effective..."

"I'll not die Celestial, though it be thy fondest wish!"

Don't get me wrong, Thor was just a very stubborn bug to them, but you really can't take away from the feat as ridiculous as it was (Especially looking at the damage they did to the Destroyer/Uni-Mind, the Host tolerated no interference).

I have no doubt you'll try until I get bored but it's all in the scans son. Can't change that no matter how hard you try. smile Odin wouldn't be a threat to the entire fourth host. If there were 7 Galactus beings Odin wouldn't be a threat in the destroyer armor either.

Arishem--not even worth the effort to prevent falling since he's beyond conflict.

Translation:Thor was a child screaming and being irrelevant while Arishem didn't even deem him worthy to avoid his attacks that's how irrelevant he was.

Thanks for proving me right.

Thanks for providing proof the Celestials were beyond conflict and didn't even deem Thor worthy of avoiding his insignificant attacks.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin wouldn't be a threat to the entire fourth host. If there were 7 Galactus beings Odin wouldn't be a threat in the destroyer armor either.

Arishem--not even worth the effort to prevent falling since he's beyond conflict.

Translation:Thor was a child screaming and being irrelevant while Arishem didn't even deem him worthy to avoid his attacks that's how irrelevant he was.

Thanks for proving me right.

Thanks for providing proof the Celestials were beyond conflict and didn't even deem Thor worthy of avoiding his insignificant attacks.

You didn't address my point at all.

Are you sure this is a reply to the right post? Once again you didn't make any sort of counterargument.

Can't blame you for giving up though, that showing is almost infallible.

quanchi112
You didn't address my point at all.

Are you sure this is a reply to the right post? Once again you didn't make any sort of counterargument.

Can't blame you for giving up though, that showing is almost infallible. Your own scan backed me up. Arishem didn't view him as a possible threat he thought so less of him he didn't even avoid his attack because he couldn't hurt him. Thor just shouted and did nothing of note.

This backs my points not yours. An impressive feat for an elite top tier but not ignoring how he wasn't a threat at all to any of them. They viewed Odin as a threat and killed him. Had they taken on Thor like Odin he'd die in one attack.

Thanks for posting the scan which backed me up. Pretty wild move I like it, buddy.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Your own scan backed me up. Arishem didn't view him as a possible threat he thought so less of him he didn't even avoid his attack because he couldn't hurt him. Thor just shouted and did nothing of note.

This backs my points not yours. An impressive feat for an elite top tier but not ignoring how he wasn't a threat at all to any of them. They viewed Odin as a threat and killed him. Had they taken on Thor like Odin he'd die in one attack.

Thanks for posting the scan which backed me up. Pretty wild move I like it, buddy.

I already addressed this silly reasoning.

What are you talking about, Odin was no more of a threat than Thor to the Fourth Host, same goes for the race of the Eternals. So they specifically toned down their attacks? Might as well just call it PIS if you're going to use such a flimsy argument.

Alright then.

rotiart
Quanchi is right. Your posts proved that Thor meant absolutely nothing to the celestial

The fall was inconsequential to the celestial
And even the odinsword was allowed to attack the celestial just because he wanted to look at it and analyze it. He was never worried..

quanchi112
I already addressed this silly reasoning.

What are you talking about, Odin was no more of a threat than Thor to the Fourth Host, same goes for the race of the Eternals. So they specifically toned down their attacks? Might as well just call it PIS if you're going to use such a flimsy argument.

Alright then. Look, your scan made it plain as day. No reason to be angry your scan sealed your own doom. I wasn't going to post it I don't care to prove you wrong enough but since you posted it you ethered yourself.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Quanchi is right. Your posts proved that Thor meant absolutely nothing to the celestial

The fall was inconsequential to the celestial
And even the odinsword was allowed to attack the celestial just because he wanted to look at it and analyze it. He was never worried..

How about you scroll up and read the entire discussion before chiming in? It'll do wonders.

Thor was nothing but a stubborn bug to the Celestials, that's not in debate, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he withstood their blasts. Similar blasts were very damaging to the Destroyer Armor and the Uni-Mind, on top of that, the host doesn't tolerate much interference. By all accounts, a herald level character should have been incinerated by the first hit which is why it's so very impressive.

LOM pointed out the feat, Quanchi referred to him being no threat as if that automatically = not impressive. That's in itself far from a flawless line of thinking, the Odin Destroyer was no threat either for example.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Look, your scan made it plain as day. No reason to be angry your scan sealed your own doom. I wasn't going to post it I don't care to prove you wrong enough but since you posted it you ethered yourself.

I'm too tired to go *** for tat with pointless retorts. PM me if you want a serious discussions.

quanchi112
I'm too tired to go *** for tat with pointless retorts. PM me if you want a serious discussions. It has to bother you to hear another poster agree with me. The funny part is Tenebrous and Aegis actually tried to destroy the Surfer and he resisted their blasts and survived the crunch feat to which even Galactus marveled at. That's far more impressive than Celestials not taking Thor seriously and letting him sob while he attacks them.

rotiart
Wonders? Lol. Apparently you didn't grasp my meaning. Let me try a little bit harder to spell it out for you.
The celestials knew he was a non threat and treated him as such.
You assume all celestials that blast have attacks that are the same
I assume they aren't.
Why
Because on panel the narrator and not thor tells us Thors best effects meant absolutely nothing to them.
Inconsequential.
The celestials actively fought against Odin
They barely half assed it when it came to even care about Thor.
That blast you compare that hit Thor vs the destroyer could just as easily have been the difference between a punch and a fly swat.
And you have no way of proving the blasts were similar because the narration doesn't say so. Yes it can be inferred. But the unimind was disbanded. Gosh a creation of the celestials was easily dealt with... I wonder..
And Odin fought with and cut other celestials whereas the best feat of Thor was to attack the ground underneath the celestials to get them to fall...

rotiart
It has to bother you to hear another poster agree with me. The funny part is Tenebrous and Aegis actually tried to destroy the Surfer and he resisted their blasts and survived the crunch feat to which even Galactus marveled at. That's far more impressive than Celestials not taking Thor seriously and letting him sob while he attacks them.

Blah. You know I don't like to agree with you.
But I can't help it when the occasion occurs where you appear to be right.

Although back to point. I still think Thor edges surfer in a fight.

quanchi112
Blah. You know I don't like to agree with you.
But I can't help it when the occasion occurs where you appear to be right.

Although back to point. I still think Thor edges surfer in a fight. That's what makes it all the more blatant. You can't stand siding with me as do many others so when it's done they couldn't argue how right I was.

I see this as very close but can't argue if someone gives either character a slight edge. This is a lot closer than blood and thunder but people seem to want to let that influence their minds a little bit too much.

h1a8
Attacks by a character in comics aren't always equal. For example when Glads punches a character it is not with the same planet shattering force that he has shown before. The same goes for all of Surfer's attacks, Superman's attacks, etc.

Since we know that Destroyer amped with Odin and others >>>>>Thor then either

1. The feat was PIS
2. The attack wasn't as potent as it was to the Destroyer.

Otherwise we must accept that Thor>>>>>>>>amped Destroyer>>>Odin himself. Should we accept this?

dmills
It has to bother you to hear another poster agree with me. The funny part is Tenebrous and Aegis actually tried to destroy the Surfer and he resisted their blasts and survived the crunch feat to which even Galactus marveled at. That's far more impressive than Celestials not taking Thor seriously and letting him sob while he attacks them.

Hate to say it but -gulp- I'd have to concur. If only for the slightest difference in that he actively engaged them in "combat" and actually managed to defeat them. Thor's efforts, while very impressive, were ultimately futile.

Having said that, I'd rather that Marvel just avoided this stupidity altogether because as someone pointed out earlier, its all really pis in the grand scheme of things.

DARTH POWER
Unless a character shows the level of power then it is speculation.

Urmm No. When the narrator describes time and time again the intensity of Thor's strikes, then that should be enough proof of the intensity of his strikes.

Or what you're saying anyone who doesn't actually go round destroying planets is not capable of it?? So I guess Superman isn't capable of destroying a planet then??

Speculation would be me saying Thor Struck the Hulk so hard he went flying into space, so that must be a planet shattering blast.

Narrator statements on the intensity of Thor's strikes (especially time and time again) should be taken as canon proof, and at the very least be taken seriously, but certainly should not be degraded down to pure speculation.

I don't recall SS blasting Thor with planet shattering blasts. Remember this is a forum fight.

Ah now you see, this is pure speculation. How can you speculate like that on the intensity of the blasts an Amped Surfer was dishing out relentlessly at Thor??!

You have no idea how powerful those blasts were. But considering Surfer was going all out to stop Thor, AND considering the fact that he was Magically Amped by Loki himself, its safe to say it was a more powerful blast than what Surfer is usually capable of.

ozz81
yeah also thor admited in one of his earlier commics with regards to striking power that his hammer can tear planets asunder.. his thermoblast can destroy planets as well.

KMC USER
superman is stronger faster and more durable than thor he takes it

quanchi112
Originally posted by KMC USER
superman is stronger faster and more durable than thor he takes it Superman isn't in this thread.

abhilegend
Surfer fears hammers.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/8424_1136590140943_1413049612_30358.jpg

Lulz.rofl hysterical

-Pr-
Don't troll.

h1a8
Originally posted by -Pr-
Don't troll.

lol, he's just joking. I'm fairly sure he isn't seriously offering that as evidence. It was funny though I think.

cdtm
What's the context? Depowered Surfer? Skyfather relic? Impossible Man posing as Surfer? Thanos with IG messing around? Astral plane?

Spire
No, it is simply that Silver Surfer is nowhere near as impressive as Marvel internet warriors want him to be.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Spire
No, it is simply that Silver Surfer is nowhere near as impressive as Marvel internet warriors want him to be. Who are these internet warriors ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.