The Ray Vs Wildfire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/402/77594-149026-the-ray_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/15659/2124955-wildfire_legion_lost_4_large.jpg

zopzop
The Ray. Solid light constructs, physical immunity in energy form, and able to unleash energy in the entire EM spectrum. Hell Lobo, the walking illogic factory, PUNCHED through Ray's energy form and Ray wasn't even bothered by it at all.

Prep-Man
Wildfire is PURE energy as well. He just needs a suit.

zopzop
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Wildfire is PURE energy as well. He just needs a suit.

What happens if Ray ruptures WF's suit, either with a blast or by a construct? Wouldn't he disperse? A PISless Ray can't lose to WF.

Prep-Man
I doubt Ray can withstand ANTI-energy. Unless Ray has manipulated it before. Got scans?

zopzop
I doubt Ray can withstand ANTI-energy. Unless Ray has manipulated it before. Got scans?

What is Anti-energy considered in DC? Does it exist within the EM spectrum? Ray has done some crazy stupid things, most impressive being containing a BL ring and then wiping out a whole group of Black Lanterns (he KOed himself as a result but they were dead and he wasn't smile ).

I see Ray taking this via hard light constructs. Rupture that suit and WF is done.

Prep-Man
If he raptures it, he endangers himself being exposed to Anti-energy or anti-matter energy. It doesn't belong in the EM spectrum. It's the opposite, I believe.

zopzop
If he raptures it, he endangers himself being exposed to Anti-energy or anti-matter energy. It doesn't belong in the EM spectrum. It's the opposite, I believe.

Hmm. I'm guessing he can shield himself with his HL constructs. I need to ding into my Ray collection more. I got most of his appearances but it's been a while since I've read them.

Prep-Man
Is there pics of Lobo punching Ray? There used to be a respect thread, but it's gone.

zopzop
Is there pics of Lobo punching Ray? There used to be a respect thread, but it's gone.

Yup yup give me one sec and I'll get it. I consider that a feat in and of itself considering the illogical crap Lobo has pulled yet he could not hurt Ray at all.

Prep-Man
Cool. I didn't know Ray had an energy form and was immune to physical attacks. He gets more props now.

zopzop
Cool. I didn't know Ray had an energy form and was immune to physical attacks. He gets more props now.

Even better, if he's in human form and something happens to him, like say................a bullet to the spine paralyzing him from the neck down; he can transform into his energy form and back and viola! Instantly healed.

Prep-Man
Wow. Ray is top tier.

Did you read the Freedom Fighters series? Ray was bad ass in that, too.

zopzop
Wow. Ray is top tier.

Did you read the Freedom Fighters series? Ray was bad ass in that, too.

Believe it or not, I got like 3 or so issues. I got the one where he fought "evil" Ray and won.

Ok here's the scan, Lobo punched right through Ray's head while Ray was in his energy form and nothing happened to Ray, then Ray blasted him through a wall.
http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/1120/headshotw.th.jpg

PS how is Anti-Energy related to Anti-Matter? Because in this very issue, Lobo used Anti-matter against Ray. The only thing it did was distort his energy form, but then Ray got a hold of himself and started knocking Lobo around. Lobo was literally doing nothing to Ray.

Prep-Man
That was great. Ray didn't even flinch. Hey,

In the same series, didn't Ray fight some of the JLA?

Do you think Ray could beat Quasar?

zopzop
That was great. Ray didn't even flinch. Hey,

In the same series, didn't Ray fight some of the JLA?

Do you think Ray could beat Quasar?

He did fight Captain Atom and some JLA members yes, he lost BUT.........they were commenting on his inexperience. Captain Atom even said he was stupid powerful or something to that effect (I'm paraphrasing here :P ).

Do I think he can beat Quasar? Sadly no sad, the Q-bands are just too much. Unless Ray can become energy outside the EM Spectrum but I haven't seen him do anything like that.

Nietzschean
If he raptures it, he endangers himself being exposed to Anti-energy or anti-matter energy. It doesn't belong in the EM spectrum. It's the opposite, I believe. The Ray has dealt with Anti-Matter energy when he fought Lobo.

Lobo figured out that the Ray was an energy being and got him into an anti-matter reactor. Lobo activated the reactor and the anti- matter reacted negatively with the Ray. Ray blew up like a balloon and exploded.. it took him about 3 panels for the dispersed energy to reform..

Lobo took those moments to take off and Ray was pissed and slammed him through the space station hall into outer space trashing Lobo's bike and leaving Lobo floating in space.

Anti-Matter Energy wont stop Ray.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.