Guilty Pleasures

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Be honest. What are some things that you listen to but feel somewhat guilty for liking? Off the top of my head, I actually enjoy the following...

Godsmack
Lady Gaga (some songs are just awful, though)
Korn
Green Day

siriuswriter
Green Day is nothing to be ashamed of.
Especially when all I listened to was Christian Rock - then Green Day seems pretty hard core.

RE: Blaxican
The most guilty pleasure-ish song I listen to would be the Mortal Kombat theme.

Like, that's the one song that I will never, ever play in public.

But I have like 5 versions of the song and I listen to on a semi-regular basis when walking around with my Ipod... It's a great "get pumped" song.

Smasandian
Early Limp Bizkit.

I don't listen to it a lot and it's garbage.

T.Doyle
Lady Ga Ga and Fall out Boy. I use to love Fall out boy but then I realized theyre not really punk and kinda suck but I still cant get the songs out of my head.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Smasandian
Early Limp Bizkit.

Yeah, I can see that. Some of the backup band work is pretty cool. Fred Durst is such a moron, though. A lot of their stuff is unlistenable to me.. just a joke.

Originally posted by siriuswriter
Green Day is nothing to be ashamed of.
Especially when all I listened to was Christian Rock - then Green Day seems pretty hard core.

Yeah, fair enough. I guess I'm not too ashamed of Green Day. A lot of their stuff is fairly respectable. Christian rock, though... I gave that up a loooooong time ago. I've always thought the idea of Christian metal bands is pretty amusing... "We're here to f#cking ROCK for Jesus!! AAAAAHHHH!!!" mad

laughing

Smasandian
Yeah, Limp Bizkit sucks. I only listen Three Dollary Bill Y'All and very rarely.

Another guilty please is Skrillex.

XvampbenjiiX666
a couple of guilty pleasures would be listening to Suicide Silence, Alesana, and some old emocore music. used to be all that i listened to now i can't stand core and screamo music. all sounds the same to me

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, fair enough. I guess I'm not too ashamed of Green Day. A lot of their stuff is fairly respectable. Christian rock, though... I gave that up a loooooong time ago. I've always thought the idea of Christian metal bands is pretty amusing... "We're here to f#cking ROCK for Jesus!! AAAAAHHHH!!!" mad

laughing

It was Green Day and Evanesance that took me out of the Christian Rock. I listened to "Bring Me To Life" once on a friend's radio and almost started to cry. I was like, "is music supposed to do this?"

laughing

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
a couple of guilty pleasures would be listening to Suicide Silence, Alesana, and some old emocore music. used to be all that i listened to now i can't stand core and screamo music. all sounds the same to me

Emo/screamo stuff is the worst goddamn thing on this planet. It is auditory poison. It's all guilt and no pleasure. Stuff like Attack Attack is painfully/laughably bad. I don't even know any band names besides them.. and I just know them cuz the "Stick Stickly" video is really funny.

XvampbenjiiX666
lol i know. it's shit. i used to think it was the heaviest stuff ever until i got into black and death metal. now i laugh at anyone wearing tight ass, bright coloered emo,screamo, core band shirts and think it's great music.

Patient_Leech
Don't forget the awful hair styles.. Oh man, this guy needs a beatin'...

laughing

XvampbenjiiX666
definitely. hate that shit.

Darth Truculent
Black Flag and LMFAO

Patient_Leech
That's a pretty random selection. Why the hell is Black Flag guilty? (I actually prefer Rollins Band, though)

Thoren
Kelly Clarkson
Adelle
The Grease Soundtrack
Jay-Z
Bruno Mars

RE: Blaxican
There's nothing shameful about listening to Kelly Clarkson. She's a genuinely decent artist.

XvampbenjiiX666
forgot to add cradle of filth. used to love them but then realized how sold out they were. but i still isten to their older stuff every now and then

Lord Shadow Z
The Goodies
Robson & Jerome (I liked them at one point but not much anymore)
General 80s pop songs.

That's about all I can put in the 'guilty' bracket, all the rest I like I'm comfortable with people knowing.

Patient_Leech
Another guilty pleasure..

Puddle of Mudd

ugh3

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
The most guilty pleasure-ish song I listen to would be the Mortal Kombat theme.

Like, that's the one song that I will never, ever play in public.

But I have like 5 versions of the song and I listen to on a semi-regular basis when walking around with my Ipod... It's a great "get pumped" song.

Lol, yeah, you should be ashamed. stick out tongue That's pretty old-school. I haven't heard that in years.. classic.

General G
Emo/screamo stuff is the worst goddamn thing on this planet. It is auditory poison. It's all guilt and no pleasure. Stuff like Attack Attack is painfully/laughably bad. I don't even know any band names besides them.. and I just know them cuz the "Stick Stickly" video is really funny.

UZA1BZfggj4

Not screamo/emo, but metal. And I LOVE it.

XvampbenjiiX666
Seen them live a few years ago. They were great.

Patient_Leech
I'm not a fan. I'd say it's kinda similar to Attack Attack, but it's tolerable, whereas Attack Attack is atrocious.

rudester
Nmind ill pass.

Patient_Leech
What are your guilty pleasures, rudester?

Patient_Leech
Stabbing Westward. Not sure if I'm guilty about it or not. It's pretty good. I guess I don't feel too guilty about it.

the ninjak
God there are a tonne of them.

The Cobra Soundtrack.
The Mortal Kombat Soundtrack.
Metallica. Silverchair. Guns and Roses. Joe Satriani's Surfing with the Alien.
80's theme tunes. Tears for Fears.
Videogame tunes. StreetFighter. Herzog Zwei. Streets of Rage.
Cartoon intros of the 90's. Thundercats. Turtles. Ironman. Lots of Anime intros.
And the creme de la creme Italian horror film themes.... they blow everything apart.

NemeBro
Why is Metallica a guilty pleasure for you?

the ninjak
Alot of their songs are super cheese.
Music I would listen to alone or with particular like minded people while drinking.

Stoic
The Cocteau Twins, I love this group, and the music is awesome, brilliant, and filled with genius. However once my mother came by while I was listening to it, and the second that she heard Elizabeth Frasier's voice, she went and placed a title on it. She said that it was "Pretty". Now I can admit that some of the stuff is a bit fluffy, but for those few who can enjoy the subtle intricacies of music like I do, they will find themselves canceling out the singing, and zone in on the way this group composes sounds.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by NemeBro
Why is Metallica a guilty pleasure for you?
Originally posted by the ninjak
Alot of their songs are super cheese.
Music I would listen to alone or with particular like minded people while drinking.

"Cheesy"? That is blasphemy. You take it back. Metallica is completely guilt free (aside from a song or two on Re-Load that sounds kind of country twangy). "Cheesy" is not the right word to describe Metallica. To this day their shit still f*cking rules. It has stood the test of time. And just because you would only listen to it with certain people doesn't mean it's a guilty pleasure. Guilty pleasure is more like something that you only listen to alone. No self-respecting male should be ashamed of liking Metallica.. lol

IZ7Aif5aXlQ

Stoic
I like Asia. embarrasment

the ninjak
"Cheesy"? That is blasphemy. You take it back. Metallica is completely guilt free (aside from a song or two on Re-Load that sounds kind of country twangy). "Cheesy" is not the right word to describe Metallica. To this day their shit still f*cking rules. It has stood the test of time. And just because you would only listen to it with certain people doesn't mean it's a guilty pleasure. Guilty pleasure is more like something that you only listen to alone. No self-respecting male should be ashamed of liking Metallica.. lol

There is nothing wrong with cheese. A large portion of my soul lives for it. And I never said I was ashamed of liking Metallica. I love em, they rock, they're cheesy, that's why they are a guilty pleasure.

Patient_Leech
Just out of curiosity, what is an example of a "cheesy" Metallica song? (if you don't mind my asking). I'm not even sure "cheesy" has a definitive definition, heh... but anyway..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.