WB Hulk vs Classic Dr Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Doc is at his best.

Both are bloodlusted.

Who wins?

Sin I AM
lol strange 10/10 and anyone who disagrees is a troll

oh yea an in b4 close

Mshinu
The good Doctor chokes Hulkie Boy out.

Wang smiles
Originally posted by Sin I AM
lol strange 10/10 and anyone who disagrees is a troll

oh yea an in b4 close

Remind me how it went down on panel Lolli troll thing.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Wang smiles
Remind me how it went down on panel Lolli troll thing.

pardon?

Wang smiles
pardon?

You're excused

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Wang smiles
You're excused

lol sure guy wink

abhilegend
Dr. Strange chokeslams hulk.durfist

JakeTheBank
Christ.

Hulk dies.

Uriel005
As in I'm sorcerer supreme manhandling cosmic foes with my mystical might Dr. Strange.... lol Strange blasts him with a magical fart and the hulk dies.

TheHulk
Depends On If Doc Strange Can Survive the powerful explosion hulk brings if not i say Doc Strange BFR Hulk

Damborgson
Originally posted by TheHulk
Depends On If Doc Strange Can Survive the powerful explosion hulk brings if not i say Doc Strange BFR Hulk Yeah Dr.Strange has no other resources at his disposal other than BFR agains the hulk. Hulk would probably just punch him and blow up the solar system.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Damborgson
Yeah Dr.Strange has no other resources at his disposal other than BFR agains the hulk. Hulk would probably just punch him and blow up the solar system. Agreed for once......

quanchi112
Strange wins. Even Pak admitted in ww hulk with his little finger he could kill Hulk had he wanted to.

TheHulk
Originally posted by quanchi112
Strange wins. Even Pak admitted in ww hulk with his little finger he could kill Hulk had he wanted to. that was not Pak that was Doctor Strange fool how can you not know this!!!

quanchi112
that was not Pak that was Doctor Strange fool how can you not know this!!! I am saying pak wrote it and he's wrote hulk higher than anyone. Pak's Hulk as ww hulk can be killed with one of Strange's fingers. That doesn't bode well for Hulk here. Don't be mad, bro.

Sin I AM
that was not Pak that was Doctor Strange fool how can you not know this!!!

lol this post made my day

Damborgson
Agreed for once...... my God you are immune to sarcasm.

TheHulk
I am saying pak wrote it and he's wrote hulk higher than anyone. Pak's Hulk as ww hulk can be killed with one of Strange's fingers. That doesn't bode well for Hulk here. Don't be mad, bro. It was Doctor Strange Who said it not Pak.

Stan Lee/The One Above All Said he wanted to make a character who is stronger than Hulk which is Thor...but do we see Thor completely overpowering hulk NO!!!,Seriously it does not matter what a writer says, cause if Pak thinks Thanos beats hulk he will put make thanos win in the comic....but if Jeph Loeb thinks WWH smash Thanos...well WWH SMASH!

quanchi112
It was Doctor Strange Who said it not Pak.

Stan Lee/The One Above All Said he wanted to make a character who is stronger than Hulk which is Thor...but do we see Thor completely overpowering hulk NO!!!,Seriously it does not matter what a writer says, cause if Pak thinks Thanos beats hulk he will put make thanos win in the comic....but if Jeph Loeb thinks WWH smash Thanos...well WWH SMASH! I know but this is Pak's story so this is how he portrayed the two. Strange is powerful enough to kill WW Hulk with a pinky.

The difference is you are speaking hypotheticals and I am speaking about something canon in a comic. It wasn't Pak's thoughts he made it canon in marvel.

The rest is just wishful thinking.

TheHulk
I know but this is Pak's story so this is how he portrayed the two. Strange is powerful enough to kill WW Hulk with a pinky.

The difference is you are speaking hypotheticals and I am speaking about something canon in a comic. It wasn't Pak's thoughts he made it canon in marvel.

The rest is just wishful thinking. lololololololol you clearly don't know what your talking about

quanchi112
lololololololol you clearly don't know what your talking about What did I say specifically that made no sense, bruce banner ?

TheHulk
What did I say specifically that made no sense, bruce banner ? never mind i mean it's nothing that much to talk about

quanchi112
never mind i mean it's nothing that much to talk about So you can't illustrate your points. Gotcha.

Sin I AM
So you can't illustrate your points. Gotcha.

stop encouraging him

guy222
hug2

TheHulk
Originally posted by guy222
hug2 lolololololol

quanchi112
stop encouraging him You be a good girl and wait your turn.

TheHulk
You be a good girl and wait your turn. laughing out loud

the Darkone
Classic Dr. Strange will send the Hulk to the crossroads, again sad . Or call upon the power of Cyttorak, Zom, Shuma Gorath etc, so yeag WB Hulks dies a horrible death.

carver9
Strange wins BUT using World War Hulk as any type of reference isn't aiding anyone's argument. Strange tried 3 Times against WWH and failed.

By the way, Pak didn't state that Strange could beat WWH with his own power...he said that Zom Strange could have killed Hulk along with taking the planet with him.

nwg202
Classic strange wins

carver9
I would even give Current Strange the edge against Hulk.

Nihilist
Originally posted by carver9
Strange wins BUT using World War Hulk as any type of reference isn't aiding anyone's argument. Strange tried 3 Times against WWH and failed.

By the way, Pak didn't state that Strange could beat WWH with his own power...he said that Zom Strange could have killed Hulk along with taking the planet with him. Wrong Greg Pak said Strange himself could have stopped WWH, he said it in a interview on CBR, stop lying again.

Uriel005
I would even give Current Strange the edge against Hulk. is that really you carver.... I mean really you... someone check up on Carver IRL I think he's been taken by a skrull.

DarkSaint85
Lol. Strange wins, as according to TheHulk he's now a real person....

quanchi112

By the way, Pak didn't state that Strange could beat WWH with his own power...he said that Zom Strange could have killed Hulk along with taking the planet with him. Strange didn't want to kill him. It was stated he could with a twitch of his finger but the Hulk later tricked him and then broke his hands.

I didn't know about the Zom/Strange comment which hurts the Hulk even more so since that abysmal creation was capable of doing so. You kinda just argued against the Hulk without even knowing it.

leonidas
strange has tried in the past on a couple occasions to take out hulk, but he really only settles on bfr though i think he pit a calm hulk to sleep once. could he matter manip hulk? hulk has some feats that might throw some doubt on that. what's strangest greatest display of blasting power? blowing apart death's body? would that destroy this 'ultimate form of hulk'? probably, but was it greater than the energy hulk survived in hotm? who knows since both are basically unquantifiable. his shields wouldn't hold for long, imo. could he bind him? doubtful. hulk would shatter the bands. a psychic attack? maybe, but hulk's defense against psi's is pretty strong. could he freeze hulk in time? possibly. he's got some feats that may allow for that possibility but i don't think he could do so indefinitely.

what's the point of all this? beats me. guess i simply don't see it as the spite everyone else does. strange wins, but i think by far the most surefire way he does so is with bfr. bringing to bear his offense he should still win, but i don't think it's nearly as sure as a bfr. shrug

Magnon
Classic Dr. Strange wins 10/10.

He has defeated Mephisto, Dormammu and In-Betweener, and even stalemated Adam Warlock with full Infinity Gauntlet. He has disintegrated Mistress Death, and successfully fought Galactus. Classic Strange is *far* beyond Hulk, this is spite.

leonidas
Originally posted by Magnon
Classic Dr. Strange wins 10/10.

He has defeated Mephisto, Dormammu and In-Betweener, and even stalemated Adam Warlock with full Infinity Gauntlet. He has disintegrated Mistress Death, and successfully fought Galactus. Classic Strange is *far* beyond Hulk, this is spite.

welll, that's a pretty typical stance, as incorrect as it is, or at least as divested of context as it is. but i suspect i'll be and remain in the minority here, so i'll just leave you to your opinions.

TheHulk
I would even give Current Strange the edge against Hulk. Carver i think you need some medication......

Magnon
Originally posted by leonidas
welll, that's a pretty typical stance, as incorrect as it is, or at least as divested of context as it is. but i suspect i'll be and remain in the minority here, so i'll just leave you to your opinions.

Being in the minority doesn't make one right, and in this particular case it is you who are wrong.

Already back in the Defenders days Dr. Strange could casually bind down an enraged savage Hulk. After a futile struggle against Strange's spell Hulk would eventually give up, calm down, and resort to name-calling instead ("dumb magician"wink. Savage Hulk might not have the same base strength as the more modern versions but his potential was still the same.

More recently, WWH could not win against Dr. Strange in a direct confrontation, so he had to fake friendship and then make a surprise attack against unsuspecting Strange instead. In a versus fight such a tactic is a non-issue.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/52044/1577706-dr_strange_vs_hulk_01.jpg

TheHulk
Being in the minority doesn't make one right, and in this particular case it is you who are wrong.

Already back in the Defenders days Dr. Strange could casually bind down an enraged savage Hulk. After a futile struggle against Strange's spell Hulk would eventually give up, calm down, and resort to name-calling instead ("dumb magician"wink. Savage Hulk might not have the same base strength as the more modern versions but his potential was still the same.

More recently, WWH could not win against Dr. Strange in a direct confrontation, so he had to fake friendship and then make a surprise attack against unsuspecting Strange instead. In a versus fight such a tactic is a non-issue.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/52044/1577706-dr_strange_vs_hulk_01.jpg yea id on't think so

guy222
hulk smash bag of tricks

leonidas

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/52044/1577706-dr_strange_vs_hulk_01.jpg

and...... what did strange feel he had to do, exactly, to try and end the hulk's threat? saying he could snuff him with a twitch is all well and good but (1) he proved incapable of doing so, and (2) the hulk we're talking about here is FAR superior to that hulk so it is doubly irrelevent. hyperbolic statements<<<<on panel depiction. erm

as far as your claim that i am somehow 'wrong': read my post--i said strange should win, but he certainly isn't snapping his fingers to victory unless he bfr's and i do not see this as spite as many seem to. you're previous post was riddled with inaccuracies and out of context references however.

leonidas
hulk smash bag of tricks

or i could have simply said this. succinct and to the point as ever guy. big grin

TheHulk
or i could have simply said this. succinct and to the point as ever guy. big grin thumb up

Magnon
and...... what did strange feel he had to do, exactly, to try and end the hulk's threat?

Dr. Strange felt he had to try to talk to Hulk, resolve the conflict peacefully.

saying he could snuff him with a twitch is all well and good but (1) he proved incapable of doing so,

When?

and (2) the hulk we're talking about here is FAR superior to that hulk so it is doubly irrelevent. hyperbolic statements<<<<on panel depiction. erm

Still, his feats (which arn't many) pale in comparison to Classic Strange's. If we ignore the hyperbolic statements, as you suggest, the most impressive thing WBH did was to cause some city-wide damage with a stomp.. nothing Thor or others couldn't do as well. WBH was then promptly defeated by some satellite attack from the orbit (= on-panel depiction).

Classic Strange has generally been shown superior to Hulk in their confrontations, although he and the WBH version of the Hulk have never fought. We can also look at their overall feats and... well, standing against the Infinity Gauntlet >>>> shaking a city with a stomp.

as far as your claim that i am somehow 'wrong': read my post--i said strange should win, but he certainly isn't snapping his fingers to victory unless he bfr's and i do not see this as spite as many seem to. you're previous post was riddled with inaccuracies and out of context references however.

Point out the inaccuracies then.

carver9
Dr. Strange felt he had to try to talk to Hulk, resolve the conflict peacefully.

When?

Still, his feats (which arn't many) pale in comparison to Classic Strange's. If we ignore the hyperbolic statements, as you suggest, the most impressive thing WBH did was to cause some city-wide damage with a stomp.. nothing Thor or others couldn't do as well. WBH was then promptly defeated by some satellite attack from the orbit (= on-panel depiction).

Classic Strange has generally been shown superior to Hulk in their confrontations, although he and the WBH version of the Hulk have never fought. We can also look at their overall feats and... well, standing against the Infinity Gauntlet >>>> shaking a city with a stomp.

WTF...you must haven't seen the latest showings of WBH?

carver9
By the way, when has Thor shook an entire eastern sea board by taking a footstep? A normal footstep?

leonidas

When?

and went zom on him.

when? when he never did it......

of course his feats pale to strange's, but the hotm arc fleshed them out some. umar certainly seemed unable to do much against this version of hulk. satellite=irrelevent to this discussion where hulk is far far superior to that version.

sigh... his victories over mephisto and dormmy are littered with context. he needs prep. both have been shown to be more powerful--far more powerful on some occasions--than strange. even with prep AND doom's help strange barely escaped hell. his 'defeat' of the inbetweener is also misleading. chaos and order allowed that defeat. ib was shown to be far beyond strange in their initial encounter and ib wasn't out to destroy strange at any point in either confrontation. and the whole ig thng is again out of context for a couple reasons and strange needed all his items to even do what he did. nebula had no clue what she was doing with it so that showing is pretty irrelevent. the death showing was a good one though, but unquantifiable and may even be a unique showing given the context of where strange was and who the enemy was. its effectiveness is difficult to gauge for those reasons. if he could replicate it i said it likely should be enough. maybe.

anyway, like i said, lots of inaccuracies and/or misrepresentations.

he has no prep here, no weapons, no anything. so yeah, i don't see this as spite.

DarkSaint85

he has no prep here, no weapons, no anything. so yeah, i don't see this as spite.

Says who? OP said Doc at his best, and seeing as he is at his best when having prep and with artefacts (as you yourself would agree with), why wouldn't you allow them?

guy222
happy holidays leo smile

hardcore hulk fans will chant for hulk i am sure the thread starter wants strange to win

there's the quandary

there's a thread about the time keepers and count abyss wanna lend ur expertise

DarkSaint85
happy holidays leo smile

hardcore hulk fans will chant for hulk i am sure the thread starter wants strange to win

there's the quandary

No doubt, but the hulk fans have a problem in that WB Hulk doesn't really have many feats under his belt that would put him up against classic Strange at his best. This may be because the character is new, or simply because he cannot compete with classic Strange at his best, bloodlusted.

TheHulk
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
No doubt, but the hulk fans have a problem in that WB Hulk doesn't really have many feats under his belt that would put him up against classic Strange at his best. This may be because the character is new, or simply because he cannot compete with classic Strange at his best, bloodlusted. roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonidas
Says who? OP said Doc at his best, and seeing as he is at his best when having prep and with artefacts (as you yourself would agree with), why wouldn't you allow them?

fair enough. at his best, he'd have prep before the match and have access to all his gear. if that is indeed what the thread starter was going for, then i agree, strange wins handily. thumb up

generally, i assume at their best means use best 'un-amped' showings but you may very well be right.

guy222
No doubt, but the hulk fans have a problem in that WB Hulk doesn't really have many feats under his belt that would put him up against classic Strange at his best. This may be because the character is new, or simply because he cannot compete with classic Strange at his best, bloodlusted.

hulk has feats

and if the battle is in the dark dimension he simply wishes strange away

i know bout doc

he's battled many....lost as well

again....strange fans want doc to win...that's cool

hulkies as myself and carver...want hulk to win

fair as it can get

carver9
Don't know if this means anything since people are bringing up recent showings but it was referenced multiple of times that Strange can not stop Hulk and here is one of the Times.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/8319250/Incredible_Hulks_633_010.jpg.html

leonidas
happy holidays leo smile

there's the quandary

there's a thread about the time keepers and count abyss wanna lend ur expertise

laughing out loud

that will always be the case. funny thing is, i'm not generally counted among the hardcore hulk fan lot. though i've always loved the character.

i'll take a peek at your thread. smile

guy222
always respected ur views ur very knowledgeable smile

DarkSaint85
fair enough. at his best, he'd have prep before the match and have access to all his gear. if that is indeed what the thread starter was going for, then i agree, strange wins handily. thumb up

generally, i assume at their best means use best 'un-amped' showings but you may very well be right.

Haha, sorry btw if my post sounded combative; didn't mean it to be!

leonidas
Haha, sorry btw if my post sounded combative; didn't mean it to be!

no worries. thumb up

Uriel005
and went zom on him.

of course his feats pale to strange's, but the hotm arc fleshed them out some. umar certainly seemed unable to do much against this version of hulk. satellite=irrelevent to this discussion where hulk is far far superior to that version.

sigh... his victories over mephisto and dormmy are littered with context. he needs prep. both have been shown to be more powerful--far more powerful on some occasions--than strange. even with prep AND doom's help strange barely escaped hell. his 'defeat' of the inbetweener is also misleading. chaos and order allowed that defeat. ib was shown to be far beyond strange in their initial encounter and ib wasn't out to destroy strange at any point in either confrontation. and the whole ig thng is again out of context for a couple reasons and strange needed all his items to even do what he did. nebula had no clue what she was doing with it so that showing is pretty irrelevent. the death showing was a good one though, but unquantifiable and may even be a unique showing given the context of where strange was and who the enemy was. its effectiveness is difficult to gauge for those reasons. if he could replicate it i said it likely should be enough. maybe.

anyway, like i said, lots of inaccuracies and/or misrepresentations.

he has no prep here, no weapons, no anything. so yeah, i don't see this as spite. though you must admit this comes largely in part due to stranges reluctance with using black magic. When he does he goes beast mode on people and tears their skulls out through their rectum.

Sin I AM
Don't know if this means anything since people are bringing up recent showings but it was referenced multiple of times that Strange can not stop Hulk and here is one of the Times.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/8319250/Incredible_Hulks_633_010.jpg.html

this doesnt prove, what your suggesting

DarkSaint85
All that scan says is:

Strange says that so far, he is unable to BFR him permanently.

Jen says Strange cannot stop him.

And carver, remember the thread a while back where I said on panel feats trumped statements made by people who wouldn't know better (for example, Spiderman saying the Sentry stalemated Galactus)? Yeah, this is one of those times. Classic Strange has on panel feats, which trump some lawyer Hulk-wannabe.

This is where someone corrects me and says that's not Jen, and I get embarrassed, isn't it?

DARTH POWER
All that scan says is:

And carver, remember the thread a while back where I said on panel feats trumped statements made by people who wouldn't know better (for example, Spiderman saying the Sentry stalemated Galactus)? Yeah, this is one of those times. Classic Strange has on panel feats, which trump some lawyer Hulk-wannabe.

This is where someone corrects me and says that's not Jen, and I get embarrassed, isn't it?

Thats not Jen you muppet!

Haha just kidding I have no idea. But you're right, all character statements should be taken with a pinch of salt. Although I think Narrator statements should be taken much more seriously.

The Sorrow
All that scan says is:

Jennifer would know Hulks capabilities better than anyone besides maybe Rick, to be fair though this Strange pales in comparison to his Sorcerer Supreme days anyway.

Classic Strange SHOULD win this plus he could BFR all day long but to call it spite against WBH is exaggerating.

TheHulk
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Jennifer would know Hulks capabilities better than anyone besides maybe Rick, to be fair though this Strange pales in comparison to his Sorcerer Supreme days anyway.

Classic Strange SHOULD win this plus he could BFR all day long but to call it spite against WBH is exaggerating. There is nothing I can see that classic strange can do that would hurt Hulk THAT BADLY so in my opinion there is only BFR option.

Other than that thumb up

quanchi112
There is nothing I can see that classic strange can do that would hurt Hulk THAT BADLY so in my opinion there is only BFR option.

Other than that thumb up Based on what ?

TheHulk
Based on what ? I jatdont see offensive
Magic hurting bulk that badly I mean he will feel. It won't be flying away or screaming like zeus amped MAGIC punch...

iceman24567

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/8319250/Incredible_Hulks_633_010.jpg.html That's not what the scan shows. Do you know how to read?

Sixth_Winged
Dr strange for the majority. Hulk might possibly get a win if he can thunderclap him before he utters a spell catching him without his auto shields or if he's fast enough to catch doc before he does something otherwise he's screwed.

Nihilist
There is nothing I can see that classic strange can do that would hurt Hulk THAT BADLY so in my opinion there is only BFR option.

Other than that thumb up You have never read a single comic with "classic" Dr Strange in at all.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by The Sorrow

Classic Strange SHOULD win this plus he could BFR all day long but to call it spite against WBH is exaggerating.

But would she know STRANGE'S capabilities, that's the point I'm trying to make.

quanchi112
I jatdont see offensive
Magic hurting bulk that badly I mean he will feel. It won't be flying away or screaming like zeus amped MAGIC punch... Because you say so isn't a valid reason. You're name is also the Hulk. laughing out loud

Magnon
and went zom on him.

So you agree that he didn't prove INCAPABLE to harm Hulk, he chose not to attack at all. He wanted a peaceful resolution.

He has gone toe-to-toe against the enemies I mentioned and held his own for extended period of time, which proves he has similar power level than them. Even when Mephisto was supercharged (back when he kidnapped Sue and Reed) Dr. Strange could fight him in Mephisto's own realm, without any external help, until Reed figured out a solution to defeat him. I do agree though, that quite often the above-mentioned opponents were a bit above him -- but Dr. Strange could always give them a good fight.

He should have everything he would typically carry, as per the forum rules. That includes at least the Eye of Agamotto (which was successfully used even against Adam Warlock and the Infinity Gauntlet).

leonidas
So you agree that he didn't prove INCAPABLE to harm Hulk, he chose not to attack at all. He wanted a peaceful resolution.

He has gone toe-to-toe against the enemies I mentioned and held his own for extended period of time, which proves he has similar power level than them. Even when Mephisto was supercharged (back when he kidnapped Sue and Reed) Dr. Strange could fight him in Mephisto's own realm, without any external help, until Reed figured out a solution to defeat him. I do agree though, that quite often the above-mentioned opponents were a bit above him -- but Dr. Strange could always give them a good fight.

He should have everything he would typically carry, as per the forum rules. That includes at least the Eye of Agamotto (which was successfully used even against Adam Warlock and the Infinity Gauntlet).

i never said he proved incapable of HARMING hulk. i said he was incapable of snuffing him out with barely a twitch. small difference there...

thor and ss have both battled mephisto for extended periods of time as well. not saying strange doesn't have some good showings--saying most of the ones typically cited have some heavy context behind them that is more often than not ignored.

and i agreed already with this last--if the thread starter intended for him to have all his weapons and some prep, he wins. no weapons, no prep it's much closer (sans bfr) than most think, imo.

leonidas
Originally posted by Uriel005
though you must admit this comes largely in part due to stranges reluctance with using black magic. When he does he goes beast mode on people and tears their skulls out through their rectum.

yeah, but at best does NOT imply out of character so i wouldn't think black magic would be an option here. but again, it's not my thread. if we are actually using a singular version of strange, then, again, he wins handily. however, JUST because it;s classic strange does not necessarily imply victory like many people seem to want to believe.

Sin I AM
mephisto ALWAYS jobs in his realm btw

OneDumbG0
^ Almost always. And Mephisto dominated Dr. Strange and Dr. Doom. Doom's mother's soul was their only chance. Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, but at best does NOT imply out of character so i wouldn't think black magic would be an option here. but again, it's not my thread. if we are actually using a singular version of strange, then, again, he wins handily. however, JUST because it;s classic strange does not necessarily imply victory like many people seem to want to believe. I think this implies Doc would be somewhat out of character: Originally posted by Nihilist
Doc is at his best.

Both are bloodlusted.

Who wins?

leonidas
not always, but sometimes, sure. he did pwn strange and doom though, so no jobbing there. he's also melted mjollnir and made ss look like a child. he does job from time to time, but he's got his share of ber showings as well.

Sin I AM
mephisto nonwithstanding....realistically a mage of stephens caliber shouldnt have an issue with a brick, even a uber brick like bruce

leonidas
the version of hulk we're talking about here is quite a bit beyond just brick though. and like i said, umar is also an uber mage and seemed unable to do anything to stop him from basically destroying her world. in the past she handled him easily. strange should win. my point is there are reasons to think it wouldn't be easy or automatic without bfr.

Sin I AM
the version of hulk we're talking about here is quite a bit beyond just brick though. and like i said, umar is also an uber mage and seemed unable to do anything to stop him from basically destroying her world. in the past she handled him easily. strange should win. my point is there are reasons to think it wouldn't be easy or automatic without bfr.

its not automatic strange will work for it...but come on u cant honestly believe that at his best, with the limited history wbh has, that he will be any win

carver9
Like Leo said...this version or Hulk is MUCH more than just a brick. Strange would have to play his cards in the right order to win this. Hulk made it known that at his World Breaker level, magic doesn't worn on him.

If this version of Hulk lands a solid blow...the fight is done. If Strange relies on his shields...the fight is done ending with Hulk killing him. Strange is going to have to use all of his tools to win this fight and that includes going intangible, etc, etc...

Me knowing how tactical Strange is, he will pull the win.

quanchi112
I wish just once leo would use the caps.

OneDumbG0
Like Leo said...this version or Hulk is MUCH more than just a brick. Strange would have to play his cards in the right order to win this. Hulk made it known that at his World Breaker level, magic doesn't worn on him.

If this version of Hulk lands a solid blow...the fight is done. If Strange relies on his shields...the fight is done ending with Hulk killing him. Strange is going to have to use all of his tools to win this fight and that includes going intangible, etc, etc...

Me knowing how tactical Strange is, he will pull the win. I think you're forgetting that Umar's BFR magic worked. And even depowered Strange's time stopping magic worked.

carver9
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I think you're forgetting that Umar's BFR magic worked. And even depowered Strange's time stopping magic worked.

I'm talking about in a physical aspect. I agree, Strange has that ability to bfr but for some strange reason, that is a tactic that he fears using against Hulk and rarely uses it at all in battle situations.

If magic truly worked on Hulk, Umar would have used it a long time ago to prevent Hulk from causing anymore damage to her realm. She was basically helpless and Strange bfred himself just to get away from Hulks power.

carver9

laughing out loud

OneDumbG0
I'm talking about in a physical aspect. I agree, Strange has that ability to bfr but for some strange reason, that is a tactic that he fears using against Hulk and rarely uses it at all in battle situations.

If magic truly worked on Hulk, Umar would have used it a long time ago to prevent Hulk from causing anymore damage to her realm. She was basically helpless and Strange bfred himself just to get away from Hulks power. Umar was obviously unaffected by Hulk and Betty's conflagration. So I wouldn't paint her as being helpless at all. She already restrained and BFRed Worldbreaker Hulk before the climax of Heat of the Monster. It's more likely that she simply didn't want to destroy Hulk because she liked him.

carver9
Umar was obviously unaffected by Hulk and Betty's conflagration. So I wouldn't paint her as being helpless at all. She already restrained and BFRed Worldbreaker Hulk before the climax of Heat of the Monster. It's more likely that she simply didn't want to destroy Hulk because she liked him.

Around the end she seemed Fed up and Hulk was doing things in her realm that she was incapable of doing (pushing back the Mindless Ones). Like Ive stated before, not saying that her or Strange can't bfr Hulk but both seemed powerless to do anything preventing Hulks rampage.

Strange bfred himself and Umar had to trick Hulk into going inside of a portal created by the wishing well instead of stopping him under her own power.

Hulk seemed to feel real confident that magic wouldn't work on him at those levels.

leonidas
Umar was obviously unaffected by Hulk and Betty's conflagration. So I wouldn't paint her as being helpless at all. She already restrained and BFRed Worldbreaker Hulk before the climax of Heat of the Monster. It's more likely that she simply didn't want to destroy Hulk because she liked him.

a possible interpretation, sure. she did seem eager to see him go though, didn't she? and to let him destroy her world repeatedly she must have really liked him.....

leonidas

that actually made me laugh. i'm a slow typer quan. stopping to use the shift key makes me even SLOWER.

OneDumbG0
Around the end she seemed Fed up and Hulk was doing things in her realm that she was incapable of doing (pushing back the Mindless Ones). Like Ive stated before, not saying that her or Strange can't bfr Hulk but both seemed powerless to do anything preventing Hulks rampage.

Strange bfred himself and Umar had to trick Hulk into going inside of a portal created by the wishing well instead of stopping him under her own power.

Hulk seemed to feel real confident that magic wouldn't work on him at those levels. Umar already proved powerful enough to handle one level of Worldbreaker Hulk. She has feats supporting that she could handle the highest level we saw. Magic is still an issue for Worldbreaker Hulk.

Umar simply convinced them to go somewhere else. It wasn't exactly trickery. Hulk being too caught up to realize he wasn't in the Dark Dimension anymore wasn't exactly a product of Umar desperately seeking an answer. This bears out further by Umar's attitude the entire time. Umar's attitude to the whole thing could be described as "slightly exasperated but still amused."

Magic was what ultimately resolved the entire situation, i.e., the final wish made by Betty. So clearly it is an issue.

Galan007
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6649/wwh1.th.jpg

g007_teehee

Laminator_X
Strange at his peak >>>>> Hulk at his peak.

Huk could break worlds, Strange could incinerate whole universes.

carver9
Umar already proved powerful enough to handle one level of Worldbreaker Hulk. She has feats supporting that she could handle the highest level we saw. Magic is still an issue for Worldbreaker Hulk.

Umar simply convinced them to go somewhere else. It wasn't exactly trickery. Hulk being too caught up to realize he wasn't in the Dark Dimension anymore wasn't exactly a product of Umar desperately seeking an answer. This bears out further by Umar's attitude the entire time. Umar's attitude to the whole thing could be described as "slightly exasperated but still amused."

Magic was what ultimately resolved the entire situation, i.e., the final wish made by Betty. So clearly it is an issue.

If you are referring to the instance where Hulk went WB on Earth after his fight against Armageddon...Hulk didn't appear to be struggling to get free from Umar and Hulk didn't attack her either. To me I took it as Banner "allowing" himself to get capture by Umar to allow everything that happened to take place as it did. He didn't attack her once...hell, they did the "do" (if you know what I mean) as soon as they teleported to the dark Dimension.

Thats not evidence imo.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Nihilist
You have never read a single comic with "classic" Dr Strange in at all. Look all I'm saying is I can't imagine IF strange uses some giant dragon fire spell I seriously don't see it hurting hulk,if he tried to turn hulk to stone I don't see it happening,BFR Hulk I SEE IT HAPPENING

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Galan007
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6649/wwh1.th.jpg

g007_teehee Anybody else note that WWH essentially took Strange's word at face value and completely crushed his fingers so he couldn't even make a mere twitch with em? I'd call that a healthy bit of irony right there.

Uriel005
Look all I'm saying is I can't imagine IF strange uses some giant dragon fire spell I seriously don't see it hurting hulk,if he tried to turn hulk to stone I don't see it happening,BFR Hulk I SEE IT HAPPENING I see strange blasting the hulk to his component atoms if it came down to it.

carver9
I see strange blasting the hulk to his component atoms if it came down to it.

Nothing on panel shows that Strange is capable of doing that.

Laminator_X
Nothing on panel shows that Strange is capable of doing that.

Check the Dr. Strange Respect Thread. The first page alone shows him corking black holes, destroying planets, reversing time, and humbling the In-Betweener.

quanchi112
Nothing on panel shows that Strange is capable of doing that. laughing out loud The best is in ww hulk with just a twitch of stranger's finger he can beat the ww hulk. This is according to Pak and no one has wrote the Hulk higher. Go to Strange's highest showings and the Hulk is laughed at.

TheHulk
What do you guys expect!!!

HIS THE FREACKING SORCERER SUPREME!!! mad
What'cha think?? He was going to be a lowly secondary magician wannabe!

Nihilist
Look all I'm saying is I can't imagine IF strange uses some giant dragon fire spell I seriously don't see it hurting hulk,if he tried to turn hulk to stone I don't see it happening,BFR Hulk I SEE IT HAPPENING So i was correct then, you dont have a clue what youre talking about.

TheHulk
So i was correct then, you dont have a clue what youre talking about. Hey some people agree with me......I won't give you reasons why I think that way cause you a million walls I have to through

Nihilist
Hey some people agree with me......I won't give you reasons why I think that way cause you a million walls I have to through No one agrees with your bs reasoning, your just full of excuses.

TheHulk
No one agrees with your bs reasoning, your just full of excuses. Lol people don't understand me sometimes...I don't blame you....but truth be told I actually want to avoid a debate with you.....

OneDumbG0
If you are referring to the instance where Hulk went WB on Earth after his fight against Armageddon...Hulk didn't appear to be struggling to get free from Umar and Hulk didn't attack her either. To me I took it as Banner "allowing" himself to get capture by Umar to allow everything that happened to take place as it did. He didn't attack her once...hell, they did the "do" (if you know what I mean) as soon as they teleported to the dark Dimension.

Thats not evidence imo. . Your arbitrary opinion is irrelevant. Umar clearly handled holding back Worldbreaker. Umar completely no-sold two all-out Worldbreakers' cataclysmic clash. She has her own feats suggesting she could easily handle all-out Worldbreaker Hulk. She wasn't helpless. Far from it. And magic does affect even an amped all-out Worldbreaker. Several of your assertions are wild exagerrations.

TheHulk
. Your arbitrary opinion is irrelevant. Umar clearly handled holding back Worldbreaker. Umar completely no-sold two all-out Worldbreakers' cataclysmic clash. She has her own feats suggesting she could easily handle all-out Worldbreaker Hulk. She wasn't helpless. Far from it. And magic does affect even an amped all-out Worldbreaker. Several of your assertions are wild exagerrations. Or just ignoring what he said

iceman24567
Or just ignoring what he said You make zero sense

quanchi112
Or just ignoring what he said ?

carver9
He is talking about Hulk. He is saying that Onedumb is ignoring what Hulk said about magic not working on him anymore.

quanchi112
He is talking about Hulk. He is saying that Onedumb is ignoring what Hulk said about magic not working on him anymore. He wasn't immune. He was probably harder to affect but he was more powerful so it makes sense.

carver9
He wasn't immune. He was probably harder to affect but he was more powerful so it makes sense.

Which again, was my point. Magic doesn't work so well against WBH. Not saying that he will beat Strange but boasting isn't going to be the deciding factor imo.

iceman24567
Which again, was my point. Magic doesn't work so well against WBH. Not saying that he will beat Strange but boasting isn't going to be the deciding factor imo. You have no proof that magic "doesn't work so well against WBH" no expression

TheHulk
Originally posted by iceman24567
You have no proof that magic "doesn't work so well against WBH" no expression Maybe it's the fact Umar could not do anything to WBH and tricked him to leave through to get back to earth instead of using her almighty magic to move hulk out of her realm instead..... :/

Sundipped
Doc is at his best.

Both are bloodlusted.

Who wins?

Really a funny thread. smokin' Under these conditions Doc is victorious every time. Stuff like this should be common knowledge.

quanchi112
Which again, was my point. Magic doesn't work so well against WBH. Not saying that he will beat Strange but boasting isn't going to be the deciding factor imo. He is resistant to it not immune. Strange at his best is far higher than Hulk's best. That's a fact.

Nihilist
Lol people don't understand me sometimes...I don't blame you....but truth be told I actually want to avoid a debate with you..... Understanable that you wont to avoid me, as youre total ignorance is scary if you think Strange at his best has NOTHING ins his arsenal to even harm WBH and all he can do is hope for bfr.

Stoic
Anyone have scans of Dr. Strange trying to stop the Hulk, but not being able to, and as such had to send him to the Crossroads?

iceman24567
Maybe it's the fact Umar could not do anything to WBH and tricked him to leave through to get back to earth instead of using her almighty magic to move hulk out of her realm instead..... :/ So now assumptions = proof? Nah

Laminator_X
Seriously, what is Hulk going to do to Strange, punch him? Barring some flavor of Induced Stupidity afflicting the good Doctor, there's really no way Hulk should even have a chance of against him.
Sure, Worldbreaker Hulk can shake tectonic plates with his mere footfalls. Strange can (on panel, in the respect thread) throw dozens of planets at that which offends him. They are not even in the same league.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Seriously, what is Hulk going to do to Strange, punch him? Barring some flavor of Induced Stupidity afflicting the good Doctor, there's really no way Hulk should even have a chance of against him.
Sure, Worldbreaker Hulk can shake tectonic plates with his mere footfalls. Strange can (on panel, in the respect thread) throw dozens of planets at that which offends him. They are not even in the same league. you cklearly don't understand the difference between strength and magic

TheHulk
Understanable that you wont to avoid me, as youre total ignorance is scary if you think Strange at his best has NOTHING ins his arsenal to even harm WBH and all he can do is hope for bfr. o0h forget it..... *facepalm*

Rage.Of.Olympus
Am I the only one else who remembers Strange rendering all out World Breaker Hulk useless and dragging Banner's soul out of his body despite being weakened in his current state?

On top of that, we have Strange making it clear he was beyond Green Scar, the wishing well warping all of the Hulk's easily, and even Umar being completely unperturbed by the clash of Hulk/Betty as well as easily containing one level of World Breaker.

Magic works just fine against Hulk, whatever his level if it's sufficiently powerful, Pak seems to have made that abundantly clear (The battle with Zom Strange and Zeus being another reminder).

Strange at his best makes Hulk his b*tch. That's really the only possible conclusion based on what I've seen.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Am I the only one else who remembers Strange rendering all out World Breaker Hulk useless and dragging Banner's soul out of his body despite being weakened in his current state?

On top of that, we have Strange making it clear he was beyond Green Scar, the wishing well warping all of the Hulk's easily, and even Umar being completely unperturbed by the clash of Hulk/Betty as well as easily containing one level of World Breaker.

Magic works just fine against Hulk, whatever his level if it's sufficiently powerful, Pak seems to have made that abundantly clear (The battle with Zom Strange and Zeus being another reminder).

Strange at his best makes Hulk his b*tch. That's really the only possible conclusion based on what I've seen. What gives you the idea Strange dragged banner soul out???

Umar is a high end skyfather of course she has awesome durability.....how do you think she survived a night hulky... wink

and reality check Paks not writing hulk anymore Jason might have different ideas!

Rage.Of.Olympus
What gives you the idea Strange dragged banner soul out???

Umar is a high end skyfather of course she has awesome durability.....how do you think she survived a night hulky... wink

and reality check Paks not writing hulk anymore Jason might have different ideas!

Was it not his soul? I don't remember 100% and I can't double check. It was at the very least some mind whammy thing that exposes a vulnerability.

Okay?

TheHulk
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Was it not his soul? I don't remember 100% and I can't double check. It was at the very least some mind whammy thing that exposes a vulnerability.

Okay? fine

Laminator_X
you cklearly don't understand the difference between strength and magic

You clearly over-estimate the efficacy of strength.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Laminator_X
You clearly over-estimate the efficacy of strength. Or maybe it's that you have no strength to lift a few 6 pounds

quanchi112
Or maybe it's that you have no strength to lift a few 6 pounds What ?

DarkSaint85
Lol TheHulk will keep this thread going, and to be honest even though I managed to make him admit that the X-men could win against the Hulk, he kept the thread going for 30 odd pages, incessantly arguing that it 'might not work'.

This was despite him not being able to offer up ANY proof whatsoever.

What is the board's definition of a troll?

JakeTheBank
What is the board's definition of a troll?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=28664

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=28664

Meh, I'm reserving judgement on him until he ponies up the scans he said he'll show me, where the Hulk manages to shrug off Dr. Strange negating his healing factor by RAGE AMPING!!! it off.

He said he was getting them....

TheHulk
Lol TheHulk will keep this thread going, and to be honest even though I managed to make him admit that the X-men could win against the Hulk, he kept the thread going for 30 odd pages, incessantly arguing that it 'might not work'.

This was despite him not being able to offer up ANY proof whatsoever.

What is the board's definition of a troll? I did not admit the x-men would win

Sr J-Bieb
I admit the x-men would win Open and shut case

carver9
Meh, I'm reserving judgement on him until he ponies up the scans he said he'll show me, where the Hulk manages to shrug off Dr. Strange negating his healing factor by RAGE AMPING!!! it off.

He said he was getting them....

Jake...that's messed up but I still care for ya like a lil bro.

Darksaint...I give up...can't find it. I still don't think the blade will work on him. I will ask psycho if he knows about the scene I am talking about with Hulk. He usually have scans I don't have.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Open and shut case i did not admit it fool

TheHulk

Darksaint...I give up...can't find it. I still don't think the blade will work on him. I will ask psycho if he knows about the scene I am talking about with Hulk. He usually have scans I don't have. How Do You Find Scans Without Searching For Hours????

JakeTheBank

cool

carver9
How Do You Find Scans Without Searching For Hours????

I have a lot of issues saved on my computer. Gladiator, Thor, Wolverine, Wonder Woman, Beta Ray, Superman, Hulk, Sentry, some Thanos...them are basically the main ones that I have...don't care about the rest of the heroes/villians.

Sundipped
I see strange blasting the hulk to his component atoms if it came down to it.

Just reread through this thread & saw this. Coming from a bloodlusted Steve this is very possible. Envoking all the Vishanti would do it. I seriously doubt Hulk could withstand multiple blasts of this caliber (if he can even withstand the first).

Sure Hulk could probably reform but Doc can bfr his atoms so he winds up regenerating in another timeline/dimension/or reality. All this can even be done in astral form. Now that I think about it, it's more of a stomp than I thought it was.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Sundipped
Just reread through this thread & saw this. Coming from a bloodlusted Steve this is very possible. Envoking all the Vishanti would do it. I seriously doubt Hulk could withstand multiple blasts of this caliber (if he can even withstand the first).

Sure Hulk could probably reform but Doc can bfr his atoms so he winds up regenerating in another timeline/dimension/or reality. All this can even be done in astral form. Now that I think about it, it's more of a stomp than I thought it was. lolololol BFR is all strange can do multiple blast that destroy planets...Hulk has tanked worst....

Sundipped
lolololol BFR is all strange can do multiple blast that destroy planets...Hulk has tanked worst....

He won't be tanking the same kind of blast that laid out Death. The one that blew up a planet only enoked 2 of the Vishanti.

Sundipped
Correction. It only took 1 member. Oshtur.

TheHulk
He won't be tanking the same kind of blast that laid out Death. The one that blew up a planet only enoked 2 of the Vishanti. so baically it takes a planet busting attack to knock death???? well i guess Thor full power hammer blast,Surfer full powered blast and Hulk farting will knock death too ehhh

Sundipped
It's like you totally failed to comprehend my post. I'm on my phone now so I'm not gonna take time to break it down for you again.

iceman24567
It's like you totally failed to comprehend my post. I'm on my phone now so I'm not gonna take time to break it down for you again. He's just trolling anyways

DarkSaint85
I did not admit the x-men would win

I said that you typed out the words, the X-men COULD win. Here is your post:

But I choose not too cause the chances it will work is higher than it won't work,but since there is at least a small percentage it won't work that's why I say it's debatable. But like I said I agree it might work

Darksaint...I give up...can't find it. I still don't think the blade will work on him. I will ask psycho if he knows about the scene I am talking about with Hulk. He usually have scans I don't have.

Fair enough, mate. I shall continue reserving my judgements lol.

How Do You Find Scans Without Searching For Hours????

Why don't you search and post them then? I've noticed you've never posted scans to support your arguments, and in fact those scans would be very relevant to this thread, as I am now going to say that Dr Strange turns his HF off and beats the snot out of him....

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>