Sentry vs Gladiator-The Strongest One

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheHulk
Use Physical fts....I don't care whether there striking,lifting,pushing or withstanding anything to do with muscles

tkitna
I dont know if Sentry has a bunch of physical feats. Everybody will use the helicarrier as a low feat for him although he's held oil tanker ships and jumbo jets with one hand, so its hard to guage. I think Sentry was a s strong as he needed to be depending on the moment. He's caught Are's and Terrax's hand in a full swing and shrugged off punches from the Thing without even moving, but again, thats nothing that Glads hasent done either.

Glads win due to lack of physical feats by Bob in my opinion.

TheHulk
Originally posted by tkitna
I dont know if Sentry has a bunch of physical feats. Everybody will use the helicarrier as a low feat for him although he's held oil tanker ships and jumbo jets with one hand, so its hard to guage. I think Sentry was a s strong as he needed to be depending on the moment. He's caught Are's and Terrax's hand in a full swing and shrugged off punches from the Thing without even moving, but again, thats nothing that Glads hasent done either.

Glads win due to lack of physical feats by Bob in my opinion. Fair enough

h1a8
Originally posted by TheHulk
Use Physical fts....I don't care whether there striking,lifting,pushing or withstanding anything to do with muscles

Classic Sentry >>>>Glads. His blows were capable of shattering planets by the mere aftershock of them WHILE HOLDING BACK.

TheHulk
Originally posted by h1a8
Classic Sentry >>>>Glads. His blows were capable of shattering planets by the mere aftershock of them WHILE HOLDING BACK. Sentey is my 2nd favorite character and I don't remember him doing that...well than again I only took interest around 2006 so scans

Enzeru
Classic Sentry >>>>Glads. His blows were capable of shattering planets by the mere aftershock of them WHILE HOLDING BACK.

That never happened.
At first, let me say that there is no such a thing like a "classic" Sentry. Sentry was never retconned propperly, so it was always one and the same Sentry.

The instance you're talking about did not happen in the past, but it was one of the more recent events with the Sentry. He was not weaker during the classic times, he simply didn't have that much mental issues.

With mental issues he was busting city-blocks (maybe even half of the city), while he was fighting WW Hulk in "WW Hulk #5".
When it seemed like he was in a condition, he was shredding entire worlds with his energy release, while still holding back, since there was also Captain America on the battlefield. That happened in "New Thunderbolts #18", I think. Photon teleported Captain America away and Sentry and him were alone in the microverse, where Sentry started releasing even more power, which surpassed an entire microverse and was visible in the real world.
So, he didn't shatter the planets by punching something. He shredded (destroyed) planets by releasing energy and still holding back.

Judging by his physical strenghts, while in a weak condition, he was punching Ultron so hard, that he was destroying the glass of the buildings with the force. I assume that he was still holding back, because Tony Stark was inside Ultron, but at the same time it also looked like Sentry tried really hard.
That comic was weird anyway, because it placed Sentry's strenght / durability level very low, even though he had sooo much more impressive showcases.

Like for example while he was still in a weak condition, he managed to physically overpower WW Hulk. Judging by their fight, he had the upper hand.

But maybe you had a different instance in mind. There was also something, but it was in "The Age Of The Sentry", which many people don't see as canon. There Sentry fought a Golden Age Sentry and their punches were shattering the entire city. But that is not a planet =P

I consider myself as the Sentry expert nummero uno, and I can't remember an instance where Sentry (no matter which version) was shattering an entire planet, by simply using his strenght. There is no such instance. Sentry is not weak, theoretically they say he has unlimited strenght and speed which scales with his mental stability, but he was never 100% stable, so even he had limits in comics and these limits never surpassed a planetary scale, when it comes to physical attributes. He was holding a Cosmic Cube, which sank an entire island once and you could say that he would be able to lift an island, but that's about it then. Sentry was always more about energy output and the molecular manipulation.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Enzeru
That never happened.
At first, let me say that there is no such a thing like a "classic" Sentry. Sentry was never retconned propperly, so it was always one and the same Sentry.

The instance you're talking about did not happen in the past, but it was one of the more recent events with the Sentry. He was not weaker during the classic times, he simply didn't have that much mental issues.

With mental issues he was busting city-blocks (maybe even half of the city), while he was fighting WW Hulk in "WW Hulk #5".
When it seemed like he was in a condition, he was shredding entire worlds with his energy release, while still holding back, since there was also Captain America on the battlefield. That happened in "New Thunderbolts #18", I think. Photon teleported Captain America away and Sentry and him were alone in the microverse, where Sentry started releasing even more power, which surpassed an entire microverse and was visible in the real world.
So, he didn't shatter the planets by punching something. He shredded (destroyed) planets by releasing energy and still holding back.

Judging by his physical strenghts, while in a weak condition, he was punching Ultron so hard, that he was destroying the glass of the buildings with the force. I assume that he was still holding back, because Tony Stark was inside Ultron, but at the same time it also looked like Sentry tried really hard.
That comic was weird anyway, because it placed Sentry's strenght / durability level very low, even though he had sooo much more impressive showcases.

Like for example while he was still in a weak condition, he managed to physically overpower WW Hulk. Judging by their fight, he had the upper hand.

But maybe you had a different instance in mind. There was also something, but it was in "The Age Of The Sentry", which many people don't see as canon. There Sentry fought a Golden Age Sentry and their punches were shattering the entire city. But that is not a planet =P

I consider myself as the Sentry expert nummero uno, and I can't remember an instance where Sentry (no matter which version) was shattering an entire planet, by simply using his strenght. There is no such instance. Sentry is not weak, theoretically they say he has unlimited strenght and speed which scales with his mental stability, but he was never 100% stable, so even he had limits in comics and these limits never surpassed a planetary scale, when it comes to physical attributes. He was holding a Cosmic Cube, which sank an entire island once and you could say that he would be able to lift an island, but that's about it then. Sentry was always more about energy output and the molecular manipulation. Im happy that I'm not the only guy who loves sentry!

The Sorrow
Never happened.

Enzeru
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Never happened.

Look at their fight. I came across Hulk fans who admitted it too.

The Sorrow
Look at their fight. I came across Hulk fans who admitted it too.
Where did he physically overpower Hulk?

Badabing
Sentry was unleashing "like never before" according to Reed.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-16.jpg

Enzeru
Where did he physically overpower Hulk?

I'm going to quote myself on this one. Already explained it in previous threads:

In his fight with World War Hulk, Sentry had the upper hand the entire time. Pay good attention at the scans. At the actual fight and what's happening there:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/...wwh05008009.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3996/aawwh05010.jpg
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1526/aawwh05011.jpg
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/6475/aawwh05012.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/...wwh05013014.jpg

^ In these few scans you see Sentry bullrushing Hulk through few buildings. Hulk knew he was coming, yet he was not able to dodge. He took it. And keep in mind that at the beginning Hulk got tossed around by the Sentry, while Sentry was staying at the same point, when he got attacked by the attack. In the last scan you see Hulk hitting Sentry in the face and now watch it ...

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/892/aawwh05015.jpg

^ You see Sentry talking to the Hulk, not attacking him, taking his hits, supporting him with words, while Hulk is all serious ...

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1483/aawwh05016.jpg
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6449/aawwh05017.jpg
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2968/aawwh05018.jpg

^ Sentry smiles, releases power and busts everything around him away. Hulk falls to the ground, Sentry flies above and his energy escalates, causes damage in billions ...

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5415/aawwh05019.jpg

^ Hulk's Warbounds are trying to cut him free from Sentry's energy which subdues Hulk ...

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1690/aawwh05020.jpg

^ You see Hulk holding Sentry's energy in his hands, insulting the people around him and jumping up ...

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7157/aawwh05021.jpg
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1020/aawwh05022.jpg

^ Hulk is all serious again and starts getting attacked by the Sentry, slap after slap, obviously unable to defeat himself, until he grabs the Sentry ...

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5948/aawwh05023.jpg
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9018/aawwh05024.jpg

^ He starts punching Sentry again, who rather talks then actually fighting back ...

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6576/aawwh05025.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/994/aawwh05026.jpg
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5808/aawwh05027.jpg

^ In the end, they brawl it out and revert both back to their human forms ...

quanchi112
Sentry was emitting energy blasts into him. Hulk was punching him in the face. Sentry didn't hold back but WW Hulk we later found out obviously was. This Hulk is more powerful than WW Hulk so he clearly wins.

Enzeru
Originally posted by Badabing
Sentry was unleashing "like never before" according to Reed.

When did that happen? In the year 2005, right? When did the Sentry die? In the year 2010, right? So he probably had more time to gather higher feats, something he basically did :-7

Additionally to that there was a scene of a fight during his first arc where a million people died because of it.
I would kinda think that he unleashed there more power, right?

Badabing
When did that happen? In the year 2005, right? When did the Sentry die? In the year 2010, right? So he probably had more time to gather higher feats, something he basically did :-7

Additionally to that there was a scene of a fight during his first arc where a million people died because of it.
I would kinda think that he unleashed there more power, right? World War Hulk.

Enzeru
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sentry was emitting energy blasts into him. Hulk was punching him in the face. Sentry didn't hold back but WW Hulk we later found out obviously was. This Hulk is more powerful than WW Hulk so he clearly wins.

Yo do know that you're using one of Sentry's weakest versions to face of one Hulk's most powerful versions, right?
How about you use a Sentry at his peak, you know, basically something we do in forum battles, who would curbstomp the Hulk.

quanchi112
Yo do know that you're using one of Sentry's weakest versions to face of one Hulk's most powerful versions, right?
How about you use a Sentry at his peak, you know, basically something we do in forum battles, who would curbstomp the Hulk. That Sentry let loose like never before. It was stated on panel. That's what the writer had in mind not this weakened Sentry you keep pretending was there. He wasn't weak WW Hulk was just that strong. I do think Sentry is stronger than Gladiator as is the Hulk though.

Enzeru
World War Hulk.

I know that -_- The World War Hulk event happened in 2005 and Sentry had 5 years of existence later on, where he could gather further feats, also times where he was clear minded. You can't say that from the version in WW Hulk who was not able to leave the house, even though Hulk was threatening all the heroes.

Sentry at his peak > any version of the Hulk, even World Breaker Hulk.

Sentry with mental problems < HOTM Hulk < World Breaker Hulk

Sentry with mental problems > World War Hulk, because he has the power set to deal with him, yet he was restrained during WW Hulk by the writer, just the way half of the characters were restrained as well. It's a well known fact that the WW Hulk arc was full of PIS.

quanchi112
I know that -_- The World War Hulk event happened in 2005 and Sentry had 5 years of existence later on, where he could gather further feats, also times where he was clear minded. You can't say that from the version in WW Hulk who was not able to leave the house, even though Hulk was threatening all the heroes.

Sentry with mental problems > World War Hulk, because he has the power set to deal with him, yet he was restrained during WW Hulk by the writer, just the way half of the characters were restrained as well. It's a well known fact that the WW Hulk arc was full of PIS. You're making up that the writer neutered him. The writer made it clear he poured his power into the WW Hulk it wasn't enough. The Sentry barely bested the Blue Marvel with help. The Sentry is just an elite top tier it only slides in his favor if the Void controls him otherwise he loses.

Badabing

Sentry with mental problems > World War Hulk, because he has the power set to deal with him, yet he was restrained during WW Hulk by the writer, just the way half of the characters were restrained as well. It's a well known fact that the WW Hulk arc was full of PIS. 2007 to 2008.

Enzeru
2007 to 2008.

Oh hey, you're right. Messed there up something. Still, the fact remains that the Sentry haas shown energy projection far beyond planetary busting scale in his fight with Photon, which is considered as his best energy projection feat. That does not apply for his energy projection during World War Hulk.

quanchi112
Oh hey, you're right. Messed there up something. Still, the fact remains that the Sentry haas shown energy projection far beyond planetary busting scale in his fight with Photon, which is considered as his best energy projection feat. That does not apply for his energy projection during World War Hulk. Just because worlds weren't destroyed that doesn't take away from the fact Sentry was going all in. The writer made that abundantly clear.

-Pr-
As far as physical strength goes, I'd say Gladiator. Sentry's energy projection is superior though, so it evens out imo.

Enzeru
Just because worlds weren't destroyed that doesn't take away from the fact Sentry was going all in. The writer made that abundantly clear.

Not even you can't be that stupid and not realizing that there is a huge difference between Sentry going fully out, not being able to control his power and only busting half of the city and Sentry destroying planets while still holding back in a different instance.

And both can be linked to Sentry's mental issues. In the WW Hulk arc he was clearly unstable, since he was not able to control the amount of power he had during that arc and then we also have his fight with Photon, where no one hints out Sentry's stability, but since he is destroying multiple planets while holding back, it speaks books for his power level.

Not even you can't be that stupid.
Otherwise, tell me your opinion on Sentry's fight with Photon where the destruction is far, far, far above a planetary busting level. I dare you.

h1a8
Sentry did break Terrax's axe like a thin toothpick. Terrax's axe is durable enough to withstand forces capable of shattering worlds with ease. IMO, I don't see Glads breaking the axe, at least not as easily.

quanchi112
Not even you can't be that stupid and not realizing that there is a huge difference between Sentry going fully out, not being able to control his power and only busting half of the city and Sentry destroying planets while still holding back in a different instance.

And both can be linked to Sentry's mental issues. In the WW Hulk arc he was clearly unstable, since he was not able to control the amount of power he had during that arc and then we also have his fight with Photon, where no one hints out Sentry's stability, but since he is destroying multiple planets while holding back, it speaks books for his power level.

Not even you can't be that stupid.
Otherwise, tell me your opinion on Sentry's fight with Photon where the destruction is far, far, far above a planetary busting level. I dare you. It's the same thing like comparing an Odin battle against Seth which is affecting the multiverse or the entire space continuum with his fight against Galactus by claiming Seth and Odin are more powerful since their collateral damage was greater.

Collateral damage isn't indicative of anything and the bulk of his power was getting poured into the WW Hulk anyway.

The writer of WW Hulk made it clear he went all out and it wasn't enough. They burned each other out. Hulk was holding back though and flew past those levels moments later when he got angry.

Enzeru
It's the same thing like comparing an Odin battle against Seth which is affecting the multiverse or the entire space continuum with his fight against Galactus by claiming Seth and Odin are more powerful since their collateral damage was greater.

Collateral damage isn't indicative of anything and the bulk of his power was getting poured into the WW Hulk anyway.

The writer of WW Hulk made it clear he went all out and it wasn't enough. They burned each other out. Hulk was holding back though and flew past those levels moments later when he got angry.

The writer of WW Hulk doesn't matter, since he also made Zom Strange lose to Hulk, made Drawin teleport away from the Hulk, made the Ghost Rider say that Hulk is innocent and drive away, made the Sentry use only strenght and energy projection during the fight and not other advantages, made the Juggernaut run away from the Hulk and so on ...

I want you to tell me your opinion on the Sentry and Photon fight, where Sentry destroys planets while still holding back, and doing more than just fine against an opponent who would annihilate any version of the Hulk. I hope you do acknowledge Photon's superiority over the Hulk.

The Sorrow
I'm going to quote myself on this one. Already explained it in previous threads:

In his fight with World War Hulk, Sentry had the upper hand the entire time. Pay good attention at the scans. At the actual fight and what's happening there:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/...wwh05008009.jpg
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1526/aawwh05011.jpg
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/6475/aawwh05012.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/...wwh05013014.jpg

^ In these few scans you see Sentry bullrushing Hulk through few buildings. Hulk knew he was coming, yet he was not able to dodge. He took it. And keep in mind that at the beginning Hulk got tossed around by the Sentry, while Sentry was staying at the same point, when he got attacked by the attack. In the last scan you see Hulk hitting Sentry in the face and now watch it ...

^ You see Sentry talking to the Hulk, not attacking him, taking his hits, supporting him with words, while Hulk is all serious ...

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1483/aawwh05016.jpg
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6449/aawwh05017.jpg
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2968/aawwh05018.jpg

^ Sentry smiles, releases power and busts everything around him away. Hulk falls to the ground, Sentry flies above and his energy escalates, causes damage in billions ...

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5415/aawwh05019.jpg

^ Hulk's Warbounds are trying to cut him free from Sentry's energy which subdues Hulk ...

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1690/aawwh05020.jpg

^ You see Hulk holding Sentry's energy in his hands, insulting the people around him and jumping up ...

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7157/aawwh05021.jpg

^ Hulk is all serious again and starts getting attacked by the Sentry, slap after slap, obviously unable to defeat himself, until he grabs the Sentry ...

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5948/aawwh05023.jpg
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9018/aawwh05024.jpg

^ He starts punching Sentry again, who rather talks then actually fighting back ...

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6576/aawwh05025.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/994/aawwh05026.jpg
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5808/aawwh05027.jpg

^ In the end, they brawl it out and revert both back to their human forms ...
Again where in any of this did Sentry physically overpower Hulk which is what you claimed?
People are starting to call you out on your bs about Sentry. You may love the character but that's not an excuse to put your opinion across as fact and outright lie. Hulk held back the entire fight while Sentry gave it everything he had; strength + EP and still lost.

With regards to the thread Gladiator has more brute strength but I believe Sentry would beat him in a fight with all powers included.

Enzeru
Again where in any of this did Sentry physically overpower Hulk which is what you claimed?

Once again: Look at the scans and realize what is happening.
At least try it, but I already saw few of your other posts. You're in the same bracket as Quanchi.

Sr J-Bieb
I can't see Sentry physically overpowering Hulk either. What scan was it?

I saw him overpower him with energy and then Hulk match Sentry right away though.

Enzeru
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
I can't see Sentry physically overpowering Hulk either. What scan was it?
I saw him overpower him with energy and then Hulk match Sentry right away though.

Maybe it's just me being blind or interpreting it wrong, but what I see in the scans is that Hulk sees the Sentry destroying the space ship, flying at him, bullrushing him through few buildings, punching him through few buildings and then taking Hulk's punches to the face, while not bothering to dodge them and these attacks are not making the Sentry back off. Instead he stays at the stop and talks to the Hulk, supports him with words. When he has enough to starts attacking the Hulk, who can't neither block or dodge or whatsoever. Then the Hulk continues punching him, while Sentry talks once again.
You also see Hulk being held under the energy which the Hulk seems to be able to hold in his hands. The Warbounds are there to cut him free. The Hulk jumps up and the fight continues.

To me it didn't look like Hulk was in the control of anything.

Sr J-Bieb
Maybe it's just me being blind or interpreting it wrong, but what I see in the scans is that Hulk sees the Sentry destroying the space ship, flying at him, bullrushing him through few buildings, punching him through few buildings and then taking Hulk's punches to the face, while not bothering to dodge them and these attacks are not making the Sentry back off. Instead he stays at the stop and talks to the Hulk, supports him with words. When he has enough to starts attacking the Hulk, who can't neither block or dodge or whatsoever. Then the Hulk continues punching him, while Sentry talks once again.
You also see Hulk being held under the energy which the Hulk seems to be able to hold in his hands. The Warbounds are there to cut him free. The Hulk jumps up and the fight continues.

To me it didn't look like Hulk was in the control of anything. Well, that's one way of making Sentry seem like he was winning the whole time...

Anyway, where did Sentry physically overpower Hulk, is what I was asking. Not what happened in the fight.

Enzeru
Anyway, where did Sentry physically overpower Hulk, is what I was asking. Not what happened in the fight.

Making the Hulk fly around with a punch shows a superior striking force than the Hulk managed to do to the Sentry during their encounter.
And the fact still applies that Sentry wanted to get hit during the encounter, while I can't say the same for the Hulk, who was simply thrown left and right, when Sentry was attacking him.

It's basically what we see in the battle. Not even Juggernaut hit him as hard as the Sentry did and that Sentry was depowered, that's as clear as it could be. To deny it is simply being stupid and ignoring facts.

The Sorrow
If you really want break the fight down Sentry blitzes an unprepared Hulk who basically tells Sentry to go away, he then punches Hulk again to show he is serious and it's then Hulk starts to see Sentry means business. Sentry tries to blitz again but Hulk is ready and he flies into a punch, Hulk starts beating him down until Sentry starts going all out using his EP. Hulk's overwhelmed at first but recovers and the two basically trade punches until Sentry/Bob falls. Nowhere in the fight did Sentry physically overpower Hulk or even look overwhelmingly superior.
Sentry was only able to send Hulk flying when he wasn't expecting the punches, when he was ready though Hulk started winning the physical exchange.

Sr J-Bieb
Making the Hulk fly around with a punch shows a superior striking force than the Hulk managed to do to the Sentry during their encounter.
And the fact still applies that Sentry wanted to get hit during the encounter, while I can't say the same for the Hulk, who was simply thrown left and right, when Sentry was attacking him.

It's basically what we see in the battle. Not even Juggernaut hit him as hard as the Sentry did and that Sentry was depowered, that's as clear as it could be. To deny it is simply being stupid and ignoring facts. Hitting around Hulk means he physically overpowered him? Hulk is a 1000 pound being with no ability to fly. Sentry while light, braced himself while having the ability to fly.
Also, the Hulk smashed Sentry's face, while Sentry managed to knock him around, what, only once when Hulk was semi prepared... superior striking force.

He wanted to get hit so it would get him off enough to unleash his full power. It'd be the same as Bruce getting hit just so he could turn into Hulk before he could control it.

Sentry was depowered? Why, because he wasn't destroying Earth?
Also, Hulk was vastly weaker anyway. In a couple panels we saw his power raise quite a bit. And then just a couple months ago, we found out that even then he was holding back.
Was Sentry ever said to be depowered? Or are we just making shit up?

h1a8
Sentry did break Terrax's axe like a thin toothpick. Terrax's axe is durable enough to withstand forces capable of shattering worlds with ease. IMO, I don't see Glads breaking the axe, at least not as easily.

This feat should make them more even in the strength dept, if not then Sentry superior.

Enzeru
If you really want break the fight down Sentry blitzes an unprepared Hulk who basically tells Sentry to go away, he then punches Hulk again to show he is serious and it's then Hulk starts to see Sentry means business.

Unprepared? Sentry came flying through Hulk's space ship and Hulk saw him coming, yet he got bullrushed through few buildings. The times of the stupid Hulk are over. He saw him cominc, in the end he was probably just not able to dodge him and the same applies for the Warbounds, who were around Hulk.

He also didn't do much to avoid Sentry's punch to the face.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5267/aawwh05006.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3481/aawwh05007.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/174/aawwh05008009.jpg

The fight later on wasn't all too throwy, but who do you see being more affected by the attacks?

Sentry or Hulk?
I clearly See Hulk being overwhelmed more by the attacks.

Also, the Hulk smashed Sentry's face, while Sentry managed to knock him around, what, only once when Hulk was semi prepared... superior striking force.

Hulk too was green-bleeding like a pig during that fight, but he had his healing factors, while Sentry seems to have problems with healing instantly, when he is in an unstable mode.

He wanted to get hit so it would get him off enough to unleash his full power. It'd be the same as Bruce getting hit just so he could turn into Hulk before he could control it.

That's utter non-sense, seriously.
Sentry was a hero who was saving thousands of people on a daily basis and he also said that he was afraid that he could lose the control over his powers if he faced the Hulk.

So what is actually more believable? That the Sentry took the punches to weaken himself for the worst case scenario, so that he can be taken down, if he loses the control over his powers and starts destroying the city, causing damage in billions and taking away homes of the citizens, or ... that he wanted to ... amp himself up through the punches? What? Sentry does not need beating to unlease his wrath -___-"

You know exactly what his reason was. He did it for the sake of everyone else.

Sentry was depowered? Why, because he wasn't destroying Earth?
Was Sentry ever said to be depowered? Or are we just making shit up?

CAPTAIN NIVEAU ... WE'RE SINKING !!!

I don't like your tone. If I find out that you're on Quanchi's level, then I can deal with you like I deal with him. Until then don't treat me like an idiot.

I already explained it more then often. Sentry is not Superman. Sentry is not the Silver Surfer. Sentry is not Thor. Sentry is not Spider-Man. Sentry is not Captain America.

Sentry is Sentry and Sentry is an ordinary man, who has a phobia which handicaps him from time to time. He is an ordinary man with problems and more power than anyone of the named guys.
It's a part of the character that he becomes weaker if he has a bad day and if he is unstable, his power level sinks. With his power level low he destroys half of a city, while cutting loose. With a clear mind and his power level high he destroys planets while holding back.

It's all about his mental stability and it was shown that he was in a weak mental state during the World War arc. The writer used his mental instability to depower him for the story, otherwise WW Hulk would have been history after the first seconds.
As I already mentioned it above, Sentry is a hero who saves thousands of people on a daily basis, so him staying for days in his house, while the Hulk is on a rampage and then when he finally leaves his house and faces the Hulk, the loses the control over his powers and starts destroying everything around him ... so yeah, that is pretty unstable and while being pretty unstable, he is pretty weak.

And even while being pretty weak, he managed to do something what Thor never managed to do. He brawled it out with one of the most powerful Hulk versions so far and that without a magical hammer.

Additionally to that, you seem to be proud of the fact that the Hulk was holding back. Do you think that World Breaker Hulk was holding back, when he faced Red She-Hulk? They destroyed a planet by colliding together and now everyone treats that version of the Hulk as the most powerful version so far.
Nice, but it's still a fact that the Sentry faced someone who is vastly more powerful than any version of the Hulk and that they both were destroying multiple planets while holding back.

Sentry > Hulk.

The Sorrow
Unprepared? Sentry came flying through Hulk's space ship and Hulk saw him coming, yet he got bullrushed through few buildings. The times of the stupid Hulk are over. He saw him cominc, in the end he was probably just not able to dodge him and the same applies for the Warbounds, who were around Hulk.

He also didn't do much to avoid Sentry's punch to the face.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5267/aawwh05006.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3481/aawwh05007.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/174/aawwh05008009.jpg

The fight later on wasn't all too throwy, but who do you see being more affected by the attacks?

Sentry or Hulk?
I clearly See Hulk being overwhelmed more by the attacks.
I said he was unprepared in which he was as perfectly captured by "WTF" look on his face. He also knew he could take it, hell he even gave Sentry the chance to leave it alone despite being bullrushed through a football stadium and several buildings. It had little to no effect on him.
Going by facial expressions Hulk was seemingly in more pain but this is understandable considering he was facing the combined power of Sentry's EP AND physical assaults, he even caught Sentry's hand mid-swing after taking all those hits.

If anyone looked physically superior in this fight it was Hulk.

Sr J-Bieb
Hulk too was green-bleeding like a pig during that fight, but he had his healing factors, while Sentry seems to have problems with healing instantly, when he is in an unstable mode. Hulk was bleeding from the energy, not quite so bad from the punches.

That's utter non-sense, seriously.
Sentry was a hero who was saving thousands of people on a daily basis and he also said that he was afraid that he could lose the control over his powers if he faced the Hulk.

So what is actually more believable? That the Sentry took the punches to weaken himself for the worst case scenario, so that he can be taken down, if he loses the control over his powers and starts destroying the city, causing damage in billions and taking away homes of the citizens, or ... that he wanted to ... amp himself up through the punches? What? Sentry does not need beating to unlease his wrath -___-"

You know exactly what his reason was. He did it for the sake of everyone else. It makes sense that Sentry wanted to weaken himself when he's facing a threat that must be taken down? Seriously?
You talk of 'quanchi levels' while being serious?

He did 'lose control' (talking strictly about what the bystanders think, because Sentry was as cool as a cucumber there), and he did cause billions in property damage. He didn't care about being taken down at the time. The guy was more than happy at releasing his "full powers".
He didn't do it for the sake of everyone else (besides the trying to take down Hulk), he did it so it would piss him off enough to release everything. Unless you think 3-4 punches weakens Sentry, because well then... that's pathetic. Nevermind the fact that it would be weakening Sentry so he could unleash his full power a page later...

CAPTAIN NIVEAU ... WE'RE SINKING !!!

I don't like your tone. If I find out that you're on Quanchi's level, then I can deal with you like I deal with him. Until then don't treat me like an idiot.

I already explained it more then often. Sentry is not Superman. Sentry is not the Silver Surfer. Sentry is not Thor. Sentry is not Spider-Man. Sentry is not Captain America.

Sentry is Sentry and Sentry is an ordinary man, who has a phobia which handicaps him from time to time. He is an ordinary man with problems and more power than anyone of the named guys.
It's a part of the character that he becomes weaker if he has a bad day and if he is unstable, his power level sinks. With his power level low he destroys half of a city, while cutting loose. With a clear mind and his power level high he destroys planets while holding back.

It's all about his mental stability and it was shown that he was in a weak mental state during the World War arc. The writer used his mental instability to depower him for the story, otherwise WW Hulk would have been history after the first seconds.
As I already mentioned it above, Sentry is a hero who saves thousands of people on a daily basis, so him staying for days in his house, while the Hulk is on a rampage and then when he finally leaves his house and faces the Hulk, the loses the control over his powers and starts destroying everything around him ... so yeah, that is pretty unstable and while being pretty unstable, he is pretty weak.

And even while being pretty weak, he managed to do something what Thor never managed to do. He brawled it out with one of the most powerful Hulk versions so far and that without a magical hammer.

Additionally to that, you seem to be proud of the fact that the Hulk was holding back. Do you think that World Breaker Hulk was holding back, when he faced Red She-Hulk? They destroyed a planet by colliding together and now everyone treats that version of the Hulk as the most powerful version so far.
Nice, but it's still a fact that the Sentry faced someone who is vastly more powerful than any version of the Hulk and that they both were destroying multiple planets while holding back.

Sentry > Hulk. Quanchi levels, heh. Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you. Also, "deal with me"? Oh no, please don't insult me, I can't handle that.
If you don't like my tone, then I didn't like yours to begin with. That's the problem here.

So, when Sentry unleashed his full power, that's actually him getting weaker because his minds not right?
Is. This. A. Joke.

Sentry thought he was playing God in the Hulk fight. He thought he was doing the right thing. That's why he unleashed all that power. He wasn't unstable. He was perfectly fine during that fight. One of the only times. He just didn't care about damage like he hasn't in many fights. He was scared of cutting loose, and when he did cut loose, he loved it.

Actually, I'd like to see a scan where it says Sentry gets weaker depending on him being unstable. It must be pretty common knowledge, so I'm sure this isn't much to ask for.

Thor brawled it out with basically WW Hulk with an Asgardian hammer... so...

Um no. It says right in the story that Hulk was holding back in WWH, and when he fought Arm. And then it says he's finally not holding back in his fight with She Hulk. Open and shut case that is.

In Sentry's fight with Photon they were destroying planets while Captain America was 50 feet away from them? Not to mention they didn't actually show them destroying planets... but it did say they put out enough to shred entire worlds, not that they were.
Plus, when they almost killed Cap with falling rocks, Sentry was the one that didn't care about Cap, and Photon BFR'ed Cap so he didn't kill him. What a stable mindset Sentry was in, amirite? The guy was putting out all this energy while Cap was running around dodging it. What a stable guy.
Then you have Sentry's fight with Void where no collateral damage was caused (let alone whole worlds getting shredded), and you realize that the Photon fight was a one off feat, not the normal. Unless you think that Sentry always holds back more than the Photon fight.

Actually, since you talked earlier about Sentry wanting to be weaker so he could be taken down, get this...
Sentry and Photon's fight in your words shred entire worlds while holding back. This is what you think.
So, Sentry goes from shredding worlds, and him and Photon locking up makes them visible in Iron Man's armor (which oddly, is no bigger than a planet but I digress) to being punched back to Earth and being stunned briefly. Sentry while kneeling over says to Photon that he's not going to hold back anymore. And here's all your logic in work mind you, but if Sentry holding back is shredding worlds, then what is Sentry not holding back going to do to Earth with billions and billions of people who in your words he saves everyday?
Sentry was in your logic going to destroy Earth, and you think this is a stable Sentry? Why did you think Sentry wasn't stable in WWH? Oh ya, this is why:
"As I already mentioned it above, Sentry is a hero who saves thousands of people on a daily basis, so him staying for days in his house, while the Hulk is on a rampage and then when he finally leaves his house and faces the Hulk, the loses the control over his powers and starts destroying everything around him ... so yeah, that is pretty unstable and while being pretty unstable, he is pretty weak."

Sentry causing damage in a city = not stable
Sentry about to destroy the Earth (potentially) = stable?

You can't make this up. All of this is using your logic.
So I guess the whole stability argument is out the window... ?

If you'll allow me however, I can give an explanation of Sentry's collateral damage.
Heroes/Villians will never be allowed to destroy anything significant on Earth. It doesn't mean that they suddenly get weaker just because their collateral damage is down. Sentry holding back is not more powerful than Sentry unleashing a shit load of power, even though he doesn't cause as much damage. He did great brawling against the Hulk in the Hulk fight, and that shouldn't diminish him. It's just that the Hulk (and believe me I don't like the Hulk) is completely stupid powerwise in the end of his series. The guy was shredding top tier durability people with non direct punches, and a bunch of pretty durable class 100 fodder. With the way Sentry fights, that's not a good opponent to fight. Even WWH would have gotten broken in half against the Hulk in this thread (which makes no sense, but alas, Pak loves giving characters multiple powerups).

quanchi112
The writer of WW Hulk doesn't matter, since he also made Zom Strange lose to Hulk, made Drawin teleport away from the Hulk, made the Ghost Rider say that Hulk is innocent and drive away, made the Sentry use only strenght and energy projection during the fight and not other advantages, made the Juggernaut run away from the Hulk and so on ...

I want you to tell me your opinion on the Sentry and Photon fight, where Sentry destroys planets while still holding back, and doing more than just fine against an opponent who would annihilate any version of the Hulk. I hope you do acknowledge Photon's superiority over the Hulk. The writer of the WW Hulk does matter since we are addressing that fight. What doesn't matter is your opinion his opinion does matter considering stuff he wrote.

Gladiator has destroyed planets to but when he comes up against the big boys that doesn't mean a heckuva lot.

WW Hulk was holding back and still Bruce came out on top. Throw in Hulk at his best and Sentry gets worked over something fierce. The Sentry would need the Void because without him calling the shots he isn't winning.

h1a8
The writer of the WW Hulk does matter since we are addressing that fight. What doesn't matter is your opinion his opinion does matter considering stuff he wrote.

Gladiator has destroyed planets to but when he comes up against the big boys that doesn't mean a heckuva lot.

WW Hulk was holding back and still Bruce came out on top. Throw in Hulk at his best and Sentry gets worked over something fierce. The Sentry would need the Void because without him calling the shots he isn't winning.

Terrax Sentry would beat the .... out of WWH.

quanchi112
Terrax Sentry would beat the .... out of WWH. No, he wouldn't. smile

h1a8
No, he wouldn't. smile

He would warn him like he did Terrax. But Hulk wouldn't listen so he would kill the .... out of him. Is that better?

quanchi112
He would warn him like he did Terrax. But Hulk wouldn't listen so he would kill the .... out of him. Is that better? It's the same character just because he schooled Terrax doesn't mean he schools the WW Hulk. We saw them fight so you saying to ignore it is you living in your own fantasy world.

Sr J-Bieb
It appears I thought I was in the other thread when I made my post... meh, still stands.

Except Gladiator vs Sentry is much closer (if anyone even responded to the actual Glads vs Sentry fight in the first place)

Merlyn
Sentry.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sentry.

bbrem123
It's the same character just because he schooled Terrax doesn't mean he schools the WW Hulk. We saw them fight so you saying to ignore it is you living in your own fantasy world.

seem like you are ignoring the characters mental issue that decrease his powers when in certain mind sets. Terrex sentry is much different then the one who fought WWH.

carver9
Losing to Hulk isn't a bad showing at all. Sentry putting up a great like he did is a hellava showing.

quanchi112
Originally posted by bbrem123
seem like you are ignoring the characters mental issue that decrease his powers when in certain mind sets. Terrex sentry is much different then the one who fought WWH. No, it really wasn't. The Terrax Sentry was actually holding back the WW Hulk Sentry wasn't. So in a sense you are right but for all the wrong reasons.

Enzeru
It makes sense that Sentry wanted to weaken himself when he's facing a threat that must be taken down? Seriously? You talk of 'quanchi levels' while being serious?

Stop being stupid, stop being stupid, stop being stupid? What the hell?

It makes sense that the Sentry wants to weaken himself, because he knows that there is the possibility that he could lose the control over his powers. He said that before he entered the battle and it's what happened during the fight with the Hulk.
It's easier for the Avengers to take down an opponent who is already weakened, than have to deal with someone who is physically perfectly fine, FFS.

I didn't pay attention at much of the further text, because it's plain old bullshit. You only looked at the pictures of the comic, the way men "read" the Playboy.

Quanchi levels, heh. Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you. Also, "deal with me"? Oh no, please don't insult me, I can't handle that.
If you don't like my tone, then I didn't like yours to begin with. That's the problem here.

The difference is that you come in with ridiculous assumptions and act like you would have a clue about the Sentry and that fight during the WW Hulk arc. And you don't.

So, when Sentry unleashed his full power, that's actually him getting weaker because his minds not right?
Is. This. A. Joke.

You. Are. A. Joke.

The fact still applies that Sentry is a freakin' hero who saved millions of people.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5108/ts01008.jpg

^ Read the freakin' third panel. He does what's right and in that instance he rather causes environmental damage in millions than risking the lives of the people around him. And now you actually believe that he risks the lives of all the people around him and the people in the city, if they're still not evacuated, just to unleash his power on purpose..? Don't be stupid. Think about it. Comics have more depth than your usual lecture.

Sentry thought he was playing God in the Hulk fight. He thought he was doing the right thing. That's why he unleashed all that power. He wasn't unstable. He was perfectly fine during that fight. One of the only times. He just didn't care about damage like he hasn't in many fights. He was scared of cutting loose, and when he did cut loose, he loved it.

Sentry hates it to play God. It's one of the reasons why he always held back his powers, because he knew that he would have to do the same thing for everyone else.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3614/sentry06oroboros018.jpg

^ He knows what his doctor wants from him and he refuses at the beginning, but in the end he still heals his daughter from her illness.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/2320/newthunderbolts014page0.jpg

^ Here he seems to care about damage to the planet and when Photon teleports them to a microverse, he destroys more than just a planet. Ouuu, there goes your argument :-(

And yes, Sentry was more than just unstable. Actually staying for nearly 2 days in front of his door, not being able to leave and save the world. That is actually pretty unstable and while he is unstable, his power level is low.

So now you have a Sentry who CLEARLY HAD MENTAL PROBLEMS as shown before the fight in WW Hulk #5 and then you have a Sentry without any hint of mental problems, who destroys planets while holding back.

Oh :-( Who is right in this one, once again? Some bob who doesn't pay attention at the comics he / she / it is reading, or the guy who considers himself as the Sentry expert nummero uno, because Sentry is his favorite character?
Since I can separate between logic and biasm towards a character, I would say I'm the one who is right.

Actually, I'd like to see a scan where it says Sentry gets weaker depending on him being unstable. It must be pretty common knowledge, so I'm sure this isn't much to ask for.

I did all that ... I did all that ...

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/6555/img009e.jpg

^ Black box: "When stable he has the potential for virtually limitless power described as equal to one million exploding suns; however, if his mental state wavers, he becomes weaker and easier to defeat."

So you have a Sentry who was clear minded and very powerful, breaking cosmic weapons in axe and who was mentally so clear, that the Void didn't have a chance to take over and had to manifest himself as a separate entity.
When Sentry had mental issues, his power level sank, his mental defenses got weaker and the Void was able to take over. That's where Sentry's eyes became black and he was doing bad stuff.

So you have a Sentry who is so powerful, that he beats the shit out of the Void physically and leaves him no chance and then you have a Sentry who is mentally unstable, if he has a very bad day and ... yeah.

In Sentry's fight with Photon they were destroying planets while Captain America was 50 feet away from them? Not to mention they didn't actually show them destroying planets... but it did say they put out enough to shred entire worlds, not that they were.

It doesn't matter what you think - it's what was there on the panel.
The entire mesa under Captain America was collapsing and he was buried under the rocks. Photon teleported him away and then you saw Photon and Sentry releasing more energy and Sentry's energy outreaching the microverse.

Judging by your logic, Thor wouldn't have even one single speed feat, like for example where he dodges a light speed attack at a close range. The narration says it. We don't see much of it, but it's still a valid feat for him, even though it's years and years and years old.

And back to the Sentry:
Even when he was in an unstable mindset, he managed to stalemate the Collective for a while, who empowered Ms. Marvel to become Binary and then EASILY took her down. And Binary is a planet buster as well :-7

Plus, when they almost killed Cap with falling rocks, Sentry was the one that didn't care about Cap, and Photon BFR'ed Cap so he didn't kill him. What a stable mindset Sentry was in, amirite? The guy was putting out all this energy while Cap was running around dodging it. What a stable guy.

Sentry was still holding back?
Sentry is super fast and can teleport too?
Sentry can heal and resurrect people?

But besides that, his stability doesn't have to do much with his morals. Once again, he is neither Superman, nor Silver Surfer. I would also kill off Captain America for the sake of the greater good, since he is just a peak human, while there are heroes who are vastly more powerful and can achieve far more.

Then you have Sentry's fight with Void where no collateral damage was caused (let alone whole worlds getting shredded), and you realize that the Photon fight was a one off feat, not the normal. Unless you think that Sentry always holds back more than the Photon fight.

Photon is neither Spider-Man, nor Captain America, nor Iron Man, nor the She-Hulk, nor Ares, nor Wolverine, nor Green Goblin and so on, and so on.
Do you see the difference? Marvel is full of weaker heroes than the DC side has them. What's Sentry supposed to do?

But hey, the Sentry said it better than I could ever do:
"You could kill rip Spider-Man's arms off. You could kill Captain America".

Yes, Sentry holds back.

Sentry and Photon's fight in your words shred entire worlds while holding back. This is what you think.

Before I continue reading it, I would like to point out, that I think that the Sentry holds up with Genis-Vell in energy projection and manipulation, when he is fairly stable.

Enzeru
So, Sentry goes from shredding worlds, and him and Photon locking up makes them visible in Iron Man's armor (which oddly, is no bigger than a planet but I digress) to being punched back to Earth and being stunned briefly. Sentry while kneeling over says to Photon that he's not going to hold back anymore.

Who says that the Sentry really cut loose in the microverse. We don't know. Maybe he is more powerful. After all, everyone says that his power doesn't have any llimits.

In the Photon fight, I didn't see any Photon energy leaving the microverse, it was all golden and Sentry's and then Photon broke out of it and Sentry fell down. He said he would get serious and Photon BFR'd him.

And here's all your logic in work mind you, but if Sentry holding back is shredding worlds, then what is Sentry not holding back going to do to Earth with billions and billions of people who in your words he saves everyday?
Sentry was in your logic going to destroy Earth, and you think this is a stable Sentry? Why did you think Sentry wasn't stable in WWH?

Once again, you're not following the entire picture.
Sentry's only power is not boosting out huge energy. Do you actually get that? Not holding back anymore can also mean other things. Osborn told the Sentry not to hold back when they encountered Morgana and Sentry speedblitzed her, by flying behind her and ripping her head off, while she was not able to react to it.

He speedblitzed from the orbit and one-shotted Blue Marvel. He tore apart Carnage, he tore apart Ares. He mind-raped Super Adaptoid, he killed off the Absorbing Man by cutting lose.

There is my logic.
What says you that the Sentry wouldn't be able to destroy Photon if he actually stops holding back? I don't want to judge that. All I know is that Photon BFR'd him and already knew that Sentry would find a way out.

You can't make this up. All of this is using your logic.
So I guess the whole stability argument is out the window... ?

Doesn't seem so :-)
Even WWH would have gotten broken in half against the Hulk in this thread (which makes no sense, but alas, Pak loves giving characters multiple powerups).

Sentry is not the Hulk.
Sentry has the power and the versatility to surpass basically every single Hulk there is. Yes, also World Breaker Hulk.

People will argue for Thor and Superman, when it comes to a fight against World Breaker Hulk, yet when it comes to the Sentry, everyone is instantly like: "OU SENTRY GETS STOMPED LOL, HE ALREADY LOST TO WW HULK" ... LOLOLO, and they completely ignore basically every other showing of the Sentry where he proved that he is vastly more powerful than it was portrayed during the WW Hulk arc, basically an arc which was fuuuuuuuuull of PIS for the sake of the story, so that the Hulk could go from point A to point B and smash.

TheHulk
Enzuru all u said was nothing but pure speculation which is cool

Enzeru
Enzuru all u said was nothing but pure speculation which is cool

I doubt that you understood my posts, or even read them at all. Or that you even read the Sentry comics propperly.

quanchi112
I doubt that you understood my posts, or even read them at all. Or that you even read the Sentry comics propperly. It's also speculation contradictory to the dialogue in the comic.

carver9
I don't know why he keeps bringing up the fight with Sentry vs Genis and try to use it as something to indicate Sentry was holding back in his fight against Hulk. Look at the circumstances. One fight took place in an area where destruction really didn't matter (Genis and Sentry fight) and the other took place on Earth, a place where collateral damage plays a huge role in the MU.

Even though Hulk has destroyed planets in a fist cuff doesnt mean that I can throw all of his fights out in the future because Earth didn't explode during a fist cuff. Sentry didmt hold back against Hulk, that's all we need to know... Earth wasn't blown up in this fight for NUMEROUS of reasons...Hulk didn't split Earth in half when he went World Breaker for numerous of reasons...its earth.

Overall, Enzeru, your argument is lame.

TheHulk
I doubt that you understood my posts, or even read them at all. Or that you even read the Sentry comics propperly. Lol I know my sentry sh*t alright

Enzeru
Lol I know my sentry sh*t alright

1. Where was the Sentry during the Civil War?
2. How could the Sentry break out of Dr. Strange's illusion?
3. What did the Void do after Sentry healed the daughter of his doctor?
4. What was the name of Sentry's side kick and his dog?
5. What happened to the Lindy's dance instructor?

Originally posted by carver9
I don't know why he keeps bringing up the fight with Sentry vs Genis and try to use it as something to indicate Sentry was holding back in his fight against Hulk. Look at the circumstances. One fight took place in an area where destruction really didn't matter (Genis and Sentry fight) and the other took place on Earth, a place where collateral damage plays a huge role in the MU.

I never said he was holding back during the WW Hulk arc. I simply said that he was unstable and therefore had a lower power level.

During his fight with Genis-Vell he released more power,
especially because he also was able to, since there was no population later on, so they could lose.

I don't know what's with the weird logic, that the characters can cut loose when they're on the Earth where they can cause environmental damage o_O You're really a weird-o, carver9.

Hulk didn't split Earth in half when he went World Breaker for numerous of reasons...its earth.

Hulk was on the edge to become the pure World Breaker. His foot steps were causing enough destruction and he was probably holding himself back: "Finish me off, before I break the world" ...

So him holding back, causes few strong earthquakes and him cutting lose in the dark dimension on a planet full of monsters where no one cares about, he destroys the planet while colliding with Red She-Hulk and Photon and Genis were leveling multiple planets while they were still holding back.

Makes you think, huh?

Overall, Enzeru, your argument is lame.

Overall, carver9, you're exactly the "thing" the regular people call you.

TheHulk
5. What happened to the Lindy's dance instructor?

I never said he was holding back during the WW Hulk arc. I simply said that he was unstable and therefore had a lower power level.

During his fight with Genis-Vell he released more power,
especially because he also was able to, since there was no population later on, so they could lose.

I don't know what's with the weird logic, that the characters can cut loose when they're on the Earth where they can cause environmental damage o_O You're really a weird-o, carver9.

Hulk was on the edge to become the pure World Breaker. His foot steps were causing enough destruction and he was probably holding himself back: "Finish me off, before I break the world" ...

So him holding back, causes few strong earthquakes and him cutting lose in the dark dimension on a planet full of monsters where no one cares about, he destroys the planet while colliding with Red She-Hulk and Photon and Genis were leveling multiple planets while they were still holding back.

Makes you think, huh?

Overall, carver9, you're exactly the "thing" the regular people call you. Your Starting To Lose Respect Dawg.... miffed:

Enzeru
Your Starting To Lose Respect Dawg.... miffed:

There goes your "sentry sh*t alright".

Stoic
@Enzeru. I used to think that the Sentry could beat the Silver Surfer, and people thought that I was being overambitious, and this is because I saw how resistant he was to the Power Cosmic that Terrax was throwing around, and never did I ever see the Surfer handle Terrax the way that Sentry did. I think that my thoughts back then were pretty realistic.

The reason for this post is that I wanted to know where you honestly ranked The Sentry. I mean do you think that he is a match for Galactus, the Inbetweener, Mephisto in his realm, a Celestial, Aegis, Tenebrous? I read the scans that you posted, and I was just curious so don't take this as a jab at you, I was just curious.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Stoic
@Enzeru. I used to think that the Sentry could beat the Silver Surfer, and people thought that I was being overambitious, and this is because I saw how resistant he was to the Power Cosmic that Terrax was throwing around, and never did I ever see the Surfer handle Terrax the way that Sentry did. I think that my thoughts back then were pretty realistic.

The reason for this post is that I wanted to know where you honestly ranked The Sentry. I mean do you think that he is a match for Galactus, the Inbetweener, Mephisto in his realm, a Celestial, Aegis, Tenebrous? I read the scans that you posted, and I was just curious so don't take this as a jab at you, I was just curious. What attacks did Terrax throw at Sentry other than a axe swing, because i dont remember him blasting Sentry with the PC.

Stoic
Originally posted by Nihilist
What attacks did Terrax throw at Sentry other than a axe swing, because i dont remember him blasting Sentry with the PC.

I believe that I recall Terrax's energy swells hitting the Sentry, but the Sentry treated it like he was taking a warm shower. There also may be a time that the Surfer took Terrax down with the same amount of ease that Bob did, but I have never once seen this.

Enzeru
The reason for this post is that I wanted to know where you honestly ranked The Sentry. I mean do you think that he is a match for Galactus, the Inbetweener, Mephisto in his realm, a Celestial, Aegis, Tenebrous? I read the scans that you posted, and I was just curious so don't take this as a jab at you, I was just curious.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=558646&pagenumber=1
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t559432.html

I argued for the Sentry in "Sentry VS Annihilators" and I argued for the Sentry in "Sentry VS Thanos".

Why I personally believe that the Sentry has a good shot in defeating them is his ridiculous power level, when he is at his peak:

+ telepathy powerful enough to overpower the Savage Hulk mentally, who is immune to telepathy and to erase the wanted memories from the mind of over 6 billion people and even more animals ... and you had people with telepathic resistances under them like Dr. Doom, Thor and so on ...

+ energy projection and manipulation powerful enough to go toe on toe with Genis-Vell and shred entire worlds, while holding back and when cutting lose, out-ep'ing the microverse ...

+ durability and invulnerability enough to take Savage's Hulk's attacks without even flinching, also probably taking vastly, vastly more damage in his fight with Photon ...

+ having enough strenght to contain the Cosmic Cube for a while, easily overpower Terrax and break his Cosmic Axe with sheer strenght, ripping Ares in half, easily overpowering Thor, physically overpowering and one-shotting the Thing, taking down entire Asgard in one, serious bullrush and so on ...

+ having regeneractions on a scale where he reforms from a skeleton in a matter of seconds ...

+ having molecule manipulation which surpasses even the molecule manipulation of the Molecule Man himself ... it's raw and powerful molecule manipulation, with the lack of finesse, but it gets the job done, since he already dissolved Kree tech and easily killed Loki ...

+ having traveling speed far beyond the speed of light and also a ridiculous combat speed, where he leaves his opponents nearly no chance to react to him, which includes also superhumans like Thor, Blue Marvel, Ares and so on, and not only "humanoids" like Morgana ...

+ easily owning opponents where other powerful heroes struggeled in the past: Terrax, Absorbing Man, Hulk ...

+ and for the worst case scenario having immortality and simply keep coming back from the dead if someone manages to get past the durability / invulnerability / regeneration and maybe even force fields, although that's something not even I'm sure of ... if he has force fields or not.

Nihilist
I believe that I recall Terrax's energy swells hitting the Sentry, but the Sentry treated it like he was taking a warm shower. There also may be a time that the Surfer took Terrax down with the same amount of ease that Bob did, but I have never once seen this. From what i recall Terrax had no energy swells going on when he confronted Sentry, and Terrax EP is nothing next to Surfers.

Ganymede pwnd Terrax with ease, so do that make her=to Sentry.

EDIT: Seen the scans, Yeah Sentry blocks a Terrax blast with a forcefield. Saying he is immune to PC is reaching imo as Terrax EP is pale compared to Surfers.

Enzeru
I believe that I recall Terrax's energy swells hitting the Sentry, but the Sentry treated it like he was taking a warm shower. There also may be a time that the Surfer took Terrax down with the same amount of ease that Bob did, but I have never once seen this.

Sentry dodged the first blast at point range, ... I guess he deflected the second one with a force field, or he absorbing it, I'm not sure what it was and then he already grabbed Terrax hand, broke it, took away the axe and broke his hand.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8577/ts01014.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8163/ts01015.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2047/ts01016.jpg
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8236/ts01017.jpg

Enzeru
EDIT: Seen the scans, Yeah Sentry blocks a Terrax blast with a forcefield. Saying he is immune to PC is reaching imo as Terrax EP is pale compared to Surfers.

Sentry is probably not immune to energy attacks in the end, but I'm really not sure if I can remember instances, where energy attacks harmed him badly. There was the magic lightning in the beginning of the Dark Avengers which even killed him, but that was kinda meh ...

Otherwise he said that Ultron's lightning bolts were not bothering him, while he was bleeding after Ultron kicked him against his throat.

He also probably took planet busting energy attacks by Photon in the microverse, or he absorbed that energy. The narration says that he can draw energy from everywhere and anywhere.
And I don't think that Genis-Vell is all too far in energy projection behind the Surfer. If at all.

So no, not immune but Sentry seems to have his ways.

Nihilist
Sentry is probably not immune to energy attacks in the end, but I'm really not sure if I can remember instances, where energy attacks harmed him badly. There was the magic lightning in the beginning of the Dark Avengers which even killed him, but that was kinda meh ...

Otherwise he said that Ultron's lightning bolts were not bothering him, while he was bleeding after Ultron kicked him against his throat.

He also probably took planet busting energy attacks by Photon in the microverse, or he absorbed that energy. The narration says that he can draw energy from everywhere and anywhere.
And I don't think that Genis-Vell is all too far in energy projection behind the Surfer. If at all.

So no, not immune but Sentry seems to have his ways. Nors vahs energy gun melted his face off.

Genis Vells energy blasts had even less of effect on Thanos than Surfers did.

Enzeru
Nors vahs energy gun melted his face off.

And Hammond overloaded him with fire, even though Sentry was in the sun more than once.
Sometimes the key is to know what plot devices are and what not.

His face was not only melted off, he got killed by the gun and that was there so that Lindy could come up with a new theory, that the Sentry would sturggle with the Void, fly to the sun, burn 'til his skeleton and reform back again, then the Void explaining a little bit about them and later on unleash the "wrath of god" upon New York.

Stoic
From what i recall Terrax had no energy swells going on when he confronted Sentry, and Terrax EP is nothing next to Surfers.

Ganymede pwnd Terrax with ease, so do that make her=to Sentry.

Yeah I knew that Terrax is not the Surfer, I was comparing who owned him the worst. If you look at one of those scans, he left Terrax's hand crushed, and from the look on Bob's face, he may have been able to crush a beer can witht he same amount of effort. This is something that I never saw the Surfer do to him with that amount of nonchalant ease.

Sentry dodged the first blast at point range, ... I guess he deflected the second one with a force field, or he absorbing it, I'm not sure what it was and then he already grabbed Terrax hand, broke it, took away the axe and broke his hand.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8577/ts01014.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8163/ts01015.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2047/ts01016.jpg
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8236/ts01017.jpg

When i first read that, I honestly never thought that it was a force field that Bob was emitting, but just his aura. Which led me to believe that he was immune or nearly immune to a large amount of power cosmic.

Nihilist
And Hammond overloaded him with fire, even though Sentry was in the sun more than once.
Sometimes the key is to know what plot devices are and what not.

His face was not only melted off, he got killed by the gun and that was there so that Lindy could come up with a new theory, that the Sentry would sturggle with the Void, fly to the sun, burn 'til his skeleton and reform back again, then the Void explaining a little bit about them and later on unleash the "wrath of god" upon New York. His face was f*cked up in a big way, plus him being dead by such a flimsy weapon shows Surfer EP would wreck him and no amount of context twisting/lying from you can change that.

Nihilist
Yeah I knew that Terrax is not the Surfer, I was comparing who owned him the worst. If you look at one of those scans, he left Terrax's hand crushed, and from the look on Bob's face, he may have been able to crush a beer can witht he same amount of effort. This is something that I never saw the Surfer do to him with that amount of nonchalant ease.
Like i said Ganymede owned Terrax as bad if not worse by easily beating the crap out of him, so i geuss that makes her Sentry lvl then eh.

Enzeru
His face was f*cked up in a big way, plus him being dead by such a flimsy weapon shows Surfer EP would wreck him and no amount of context twisting/lying from you can change that.

Sentry has been hurt by less then freakin' Kree tech, when he was in an unstable state. Look at him during the Dark Avengers. Look at him.

He was not the Sentry, he was a pathetic man-child. Unstable and easy to hurt, so I personally still don't see a bad showing for him there when it comes to energy projection, especially since he also already took on bombs by Noh-Varr and was just fine afterwards.

Plot devices, plot devices, plot devices. I'm not lying, I'm just not looking at the few pathetic showings of him and totally ignoring all the good showings which clearly state that he is above plot devices and that's something you idiots are gladly doing to lowball the Sentry and you're on the top of it.

You failed to debate with me in the thready you created, so don't even try it to do it here.

Nihilist
Sentry has been hurt by less then freakin' Kree tech, when he was in an unstable state. Look at him during the Dark Avengers. Look at him.His mental state does nothing to his durability

He was Sentry shown on panel..laughing out loud comparing bombs to EP.

Read your own post moron, as you clearly do that with every other character.

Failed!! bored more like with your same old long ass boring post discounting everything and lying/twisting context.

Dont give "do try it here" ive offered a battlezone several times for you to back up your big mouth and so called "superior" debating skills and all youve done is back down like a coward.

quanchi112
Sentry has been hurt by less then freakin' Kree tech, when he was in an unstable state. Look at him during the Dark Avengers. Look at him.

He was not the Sentry, he was a pathetic man-child. Unstable and easy to hurt, so I personally still don't see a bad showing for him there when it comes to energy projection, especially since he also already took on bombs by Noh-Varr and was just fine afterwards.

Plot devices, plot devices, plot devices. I'm not lying, I'm just not looking at the few pathetic showings of him and totally ignoring all the good showings which clearly state that he is above plot devices and that's something you idiots are gladly doing to lowball the Sentry and you're on the top of it.

You failed to debate with me in the thready you created, so don't even try it to do it here. You asked for an example and then started making more excuses soon as one was provided. Why ask for examples if you are going to ignore them or pretend they don't count ?

Enzeru
His mental state does nothing to his durability

"... when his mental state wavers, he becomes weaker and easier to defeat."

That's a quote from the comics about the Sentry. I posted the scan over 10 times in various threads to teach people about the character, yet you ignorant, stupid buffoons fail every time to read and understand it.

He was Sentry shown on panel..laughing out loud comparing bombs to EP.

It was a Sentry who didn't know if killing is the right thing. Yeah, way to go, Golden Guardian of Good. It was a by Bendis bastarized version of Sentry.

And no, I'm not comparing bombs to EP, I'm comparing tech-bombs from Noh-Varr by a tech-gun from Noh-Varr. The gun harmed him more, where few things were explained afterwards and he attacked New York, while the bomb, which caused much more destruction didn't even mess up his hair.

That should make sense even for you, you failbot.

Read your own post moron, as you clearly do that with every other character.

Every character has to deal with plot devices and bad showings, yes. The problem is that the people like to lowball the Sentry, because they hate him as a character. You're one of them, or maybe it's just because I proved that he could defeat Thanos, while you didn't do next to nothing.

Still in the hospital, you moron? Are you mentally unstable too? Seems like that. Did you already forget about your bet? Didn't you say that the loser would have to leave KMC? You clearly lost that debate, since everything what was going on there was Quanchi failing as usually and Thanosi trying to come up with the exact same bullshit and lowball Sentry with the intense usage of his few low showings.

Leave KMC, you moron, pay the debt.

Failed!! bored more like with your same old long ass boring post discounting everything and lying/twisting context.

Dont give "do try it here" ive offered a battlezone several times for you to back up your big mouth and so called "superior" debating skills and all youve done is back down like a coward.

I think I just adressed that point above, trollo-lololololo-lolo-lolololo! You are a loser and I'm warning you once again: Don't even try to argue with me, or at least go out and get a brain and then try it again.

Nihilist
"... when his mental state wavers, he becomes weaker and easier to defeat."

That's a quote from the comics about the Sentry. I posted the scan over 10 times in various threads to teach people about the character, yet you ignorant, stupid buffoons fail every time to read and understand it.

It was a Sentry who didn't know if killing is the right thing. Yeah, way to go, Golden Guardian of Good. It was a by Bendis bastarized version of Sentry.

And no, I'm not comparing bombs to EP, I'm comparing tech-bombs from Noh-Varr by a tech-gun from Noh-Varr. The gun harmed him more, where few things were explained afterwards and he attacked New York, while the bomb, which caused much more destruction didn't even mess up his hair.

That should make sense even for you, you failbot.

Every character has to deal with plot devices and bad showings, yes. The problem is that the people like to lowball the Sentry, because they hate him as a character. You're one of them, or maybe it's just because I proved that he could defeat Thanos, while you didn't do next to nothing.

Still in the hospital, you moron? Are you mentally unstable too? Seems like that. Did you already forget about your bet? Didn't you say that the loser would have to leave KMC? You clearly lost that debate, since everything what was going on there was Quanchi failing as usually and Thanosi trying to come up with the exact same bullshit and lowball Sentry with the intense usage of his few low showings.

Leave KMC, you moron, pay the debt.

I think I just adressed that point above, trollo-lololololo-lolo-lolololo! You are a loser and I'm warning you once again: Don't even try to argue with me, or at least go out and get a brain and then try it again. "yawn" same old shit, change the record with your constant bullshit.

So i take it as a no then on the Battlezone, thaks for showing your true colours you coward b*tch.

As for me losing "the deabte" we never had a battlezone with judges on Sentry v Thanos, is this just another one of your excuses because you dont have the balls to back up what you shout.

Enzeru
"yawn" same old shit, change the record with your constant bullshit.

So i take it as a no then on the Battlezone, thaks for showing your true colours you coward b*tch.

As for me losing "the deabte" we never had a battlezone with judges on Sentry v Thanos, is this just another one of your excuses because you dont have the balls to back up what you shout.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Nihilist
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. As i thought, and for all the forum to see that youre are all mouth son.

Now go kill yourself seeing as your to much of a pussy to practice what you preach.

Badabing
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-12.jpg

TheHulk
5. What happened to the Lindy's dance instructor? Do Not Test My Sentry knowledge! His My Second Favorite Character mad

JakeTheBank
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-12.jpg

lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.