What If?: World War Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
If we switched out the Hulk, for Gladiator, and put him through everything that the Hulk went through from Planet Hulk, through World War Hulk. How would he do?

01. Planet Hulk... Does he survive the ordeal?

02. Black Bolt (Skrull)... Who wins?

03. The X-Teams... How well does he do with Xavier, and Emma Frost there in one possible reality, and without them being there, in another possible reality? (Let's say they die before the conflict ever began).

04. World War Gladiator 1-5. How well does he do throughout the entire mini series (barring side issues). i.e Zom, Sentry, US Army, Ironman... etc.

Can he complete these obstacles?

carver9
No

Mr.Mxyzptlk
I'm not exactly knowledgable on Gladiator, so can anyone tell me how he'd fair against that entire salvo of Adamantium munitions?

Nietzschean
short answer, no.
his confidence level will drop, its just too ingrained in that character.
but, upside. I dont think WWH should have survived it all either and it was complete PIS.

TheHulk
He might ...but the majority no.... sad

Gecko4lif
You need a healing factor to survive the spikes

But then again they might nor pierce his skin

-Pr-
Do the X-Men get to be written properly this time?

Stoic
Originally posted by -Pr-
Do the X-Men get to be written properly this time?

Yes, but I don't really understand the question? Who do you believe jobbed taking into consideration that these are the X-Men, and not the bloodthirsty Authority. You know what I mean -Pr-?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Stoic
Yes, but I don't really understand the question? Who do you believe jobbed taking into consideration that these are the X-Men, and not the bloodthirsty Authority. You know what I mean -Pr-?

How they fought, how their powers were written, etc. Not talking about them being bloodthirsty.

Not saying Hulk couldn't have bet them, but they didn't exactly look like world beaters for the most part imo.

Stoic
Originally posted by -Pr-
How they fought, how their powers were written, etc. Not talking about them being bloodthirsty.

Not saying Hulk couldn't have bet them, but they didn't exactly look like world beaters for the most part imo.

You may not believe this, but I didn't come up with the idea to pump the Hulk up. I simply caught a stray thought, and went with it. I can see what you mean though. In their own books, the X-Men have had far better showings than when the Hulk walked through them. I guess that was the point that Marvel was trying to make. Marvel has a messed up way of portraying their characters at times imo. Just look at what they did to poor Rulk. laughing out loud he's been getting a consistent ass kicking since last spring.

dmills
Just look at what they did to poor Rulk. laughing out loud he's been getting a consistent ass kicking since last spring.

You aren't lying about that. I've been keeping my eye on that book and it seems like Rulk gets his ass kicked every month. It's like an extended mea culpa or something.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'd personally be surprised if he makes it past the first scenario.

Stoic
Originally posted by dmills
You aren't lying about that. I've been keeping my eye on that book and it seems like Rulk gets his ass kicked every month. It's like an extended mea culpa or something.

laughing out loud I think someone down at Marvel was butthurt over Loeb's run. I mean Rulk has even been downgraded to the point that he can no longer siphon anything outside of gamma mutates. The b!tch fight continues though laughing out loud just check out Rulk spewing in Avengers X-Sanction, when he was supposed to have lost those abilities. Go back and carefully look at the scene with him and Radioactive Man. Somethings up man, I'm telling you. Loeb on a rampage?

zopzop
Originally posted by Nietzschean
short answer, no.
but, upside. I dont think WWH should have survived it all either and it was complete PIS.

thumb up

basilisk
Originally posted by Nietzschean
short answer, no.
Exactly. And at least some of what Hulk got through, he got through because he was dealing with friends who held back at times. And it was one of Hulk's best showings.

If we took Gladiator at his best, kind of the way he was originally portrayed, and fully confident, he probably could get through it. But the way he is these days he only has a slim chance.

tsscls
If we switched out the Hulk, for Gladiator, and put him through everything that the Hulk went through from Planet Hulk, through World War Hulk. How would he do?

03. The X-Teams... How well does he do with Xavier, and Emma Frost there in one possible reality, and without them being there, in another possible reality? (Let's say they die before the conflict ever began).

04. World War Gladiator 1-5. How well does he do throughout the entire mini series (barring side issues). i.e Zom, Sentry, US Army, Ironman... etc.

Neat thread!

1. Yes

2. Gladiator

3. I see him getting beat by the high level telepaths.

4. Not as well as Hulk. And I don't see him beating Sentry. I can envision Sentry taking him out in under a minute, for some reason. Same with Thor.

h1a8

The only problem is if his confidence drops. If he is on the level of planet shattering, core of star withstanding all through then he does much better than WWH. Simply because he would be stronger, more durable, and light fast (unlike Hulk). Plus he would kill many characters by HV alone.

edit: Zom beats him since Zom can go intangible and snuff his life out. Hulk only beat Zom through trickery. I doubt Glads can pull that off.

dmills
Ok I've given this some thought.

1) Is actually in his favor. DnA's portrayal of Glads is as a fierce soldier/leader that commands the respect of his followers. They have also played up his military skill set to a degree, which definitely helps in this planet Hulk scenario.

2) Glads has never defeated the King in one on one combat. In this case however its only fair that he gets the duplicate/clone/alternate version exemption that is so widely invoked on this forum. So Glads wins via concentrated burst of heat vision through the eyeballs lol.

3) The X-Teams. These are the characters that he knows best. But does he beat a fully powered and determined Juggz? Hmmm

4) No

h1a8

3) But does he beat a fully powered and determined Juggz? Hmmm
By bfr to space of course

TheHulk
Are People calling the WWH Storyline PIS again argh I'm starting boil mad

dmills
Originally posted by TheHulk

Not PIS in and of itself. The Hulk has always been consistently portrayed as a team wrecker. Concerned people have always thought about what could happen if he lost it. WWH was merely an exploration of those themes. Pak did what he could in trying to please all parties involved, but pleasing various cliques of fanboys is ultimately an exercise in futility.

TheHulk
Not PIS in and of itself. The Hulk has always been consistently portrayed as a team wrecker. Concerned people have always thought about what could happen if he lost it. WWH was merely an exploration of those themes. Pak did what he could in trying to please all parties involved, but pleasing various cliques of fanboys is ultimately an exercise in futility. Fine I can accept that...*sign*

Mshinu
Granted the same ammounts of PIS as WWH.. and I guess he can get "more confident than ever" too.. I could definately see Kallark pull this off.

Sr J-Bieb
Surfer kills him in the first act

TheHulk
Originally posted by Mshinu
Granted the same ammounts of PIS as WWH.. and I guess he can get "more confident than ever" too.. I could definately see Kallark pull this off. You are the best downgraded I've ever seen....are u sure ur not wang

Wangibal Rising
You are the best downgraded I've ever seen....are u sure ur not wang

Your sentence structure makes no sense, try and be more coherent.

Surfer kills him in the first act.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Wangibal Rising
Your sentence structure makes no sense, try and be more coherent.

Surfer kills him in the first act. So you are him

Existere
Are People calling the WWH Storyline PIS again argh I'm starting boil mad lol?

Mshinu
You are the best downgraded I've ever seen....are u sure ur not wang

You make less sense than the gamma prophet himself by now... how are the boogers?

JakeTheBank

There was plenty of PIS moments involved.

KMC USER
Hulk whitstood many things thanks to his healing factor, gladiator doesnt have that.

he can pass 1 but i dont think he can beat black bolt he never was able its a stalemate at best with black bolt

Stoic
Originally posted by KMC USER
Hulk whitstood many things thanks to his healing factor, gladiator doesnt have that.

he can pass 1 but i dont think he can beat black bolt he never was able its a stalemate at best with black bolt

But what If Gladiator was trained to hone his confidence like the Hulk was trained to hone his anger while still on Sakaar? If we were to look at it a bit closer, Gladiator is very similar to the Hulk in terms of the way his power works in a psychological sense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.