Achieving a 5 out of 10 split against Thanos...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
When Thanos is involved in a debate, it seems that only two results can occur; either Thanos stomps his opponents guts out and finishes him with the People Elbow or someone is creating a spite thread against Thanos...there is seemingly no inbetween.

So let me ask the question (and PLEASE Thanos fans, atleast try to be honest), who is the weakest opponent that Thanos would fight to a dead stalemate (5 out of 10 for both combatants)?

Who is the weakest opponent Thanos would achieve a small majority (6 out of 10 against) against?

Who is the weakest opponent Thanos would surrender a small majority (6 out of 10) against?

TheHulk
Dude Thanos Fanboys are worst than Storm fanboys in comicvine plus isnt this considered a bait thread

SamZED
On KMC? Noone short of Galactus.

TheHulk
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
When Thanos is involved in a debate, it seems that only two results can occur; either Thanos stomps his opponents guts out and finishes him with the People Elbow or someone is creating a spite thread against Thanos...there is seemingly no inbetween.

So let me ask the question (and PLEASE Thanos fans, atleast try to be honest), who is the weakest opponent that Thanos would fight to a dead stalemate (5 out of 10 for both combatants)?

Who is the weakest opponent Thanos would achieve a small majority (6 out of 10 against) against?

Who is the weakest opponent Thanos would surrender a small majority (6 out of 10) against? lol peoples elbow....a 5 knuckle shuffle will own

5/10-8th Day Juggernaut,Sentry/Void et

6/10-Strange,WWH Or Normal Thor etc(Thanos Fanboy Logic converting to my logic)

Surrender 6/10-H/P Doomsday........

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TheHulk
Dude Thanos Fanboys are worst than Storm fanboys in comicvine plus isnt this considered a bait thread

Not bait at all...

This is a non-spite thread; all I want are opponents that are close in power to Thanos or opponents that match up well enough with him to satisfy the criteria of the OP...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by SamZED
On KMC? Noone short of Galactus.

LoL...but according to Quanchi, Thanos beats Galactus and outranks Celestials.

So according to Quan, you'd need to go higher up the food chain...lol.

Bentley
I can see a non-holding back Superman taking 5/10.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Bentley
I can see a non-holding back Superman taking 5/10.
Yeah, I also think so. But you really started a shit-storm by posting that.

SamZED
LoL...but according to Quanchi, Thanos beats Galactus and outranks Celestials.

So according to Quan, you'd need to go higher up the food chain...lol. Damn, Galactus loses as well? lol

And here I thought that while Odin was only able to "stalemate" classic Thanos and would totally get shitstomped by current Thanos, at least everyone agreed that Galacus is too much for the Titan. Apparently I was wrong.

abhilegend
Originally posted by SamZED
Damn, Galactus loses as well? lol

And here I thought that while Odin was only able to "stalemate" classic Thanos and would totally get shitstomped by current Thanos, at least everyone agreed that Galacus is too much for the Titan. Apparently I was wrong.

Well according to quanchi pre-retcon molecule man also loses to thanos wacko . I wonder who can defeat him in quan's eyes.

Mshinu
Originally posted by abhilegend
Well according to quanchi pre-retcon molecule man also loses to thanos wacko . I wonder who can defeat him in quan's eyes.

No one, he is immune to death you know... even if death means nothing to an opponent like pr MM. laughing out loud

Anyway things are a little "muddy" around Thanos` tier (low skyfather/high trans depending on your view) and there are not so many proper opponents to chose from. Monarch might be a good one, except he got the whole go boom thing.

Enzeru
Seeeeeeeeentry!

-Pr-
Guys, stop talking about other posters, please.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by -Pr-
Guys, stop talking about other posters, please.

Thats cool...

But at the same time, I'd really like to know what the honest answer is from those who really like Thanos...

Surely spite threads (either for or against Thanos) arent the only ones possible when discussing The Mad Titan; theres got to be opponents that would either stalemate or have a slight majority (in either direction) against Thanos...

What would your choices be Pr?

tsscls
I'm on a bit of a nostalgia trip for Sentry lately, so I'll say Voidtry.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Is Prep involved? Just basic knowledge? Does Thanos have to rely on his straight abilities or can he get tech?

Because that can change a lot of things.

JakeTheBank
Darkseid sans the ALE or his "real" form.

King Thor.

Parmaniac

Who is the weakest opponent Thanos would surrender a small majority (6 out of 10) against? Another Thanos slightly amped

Another Thanos slightly depowered

TheLordofMurder
So Nihilist, Thanosi, Quan...none of you guys care to chime in?

TheLordofMurder
Edit: wrong thread...bah.

Stoic
I honestly believe that Darkseid would be an awesome match up for Thanos, and they should put in a canon book already. Make it last for a minimum of 12 issues, and bring in the best cosmic writers from both companies (Starlin for Marvel, DC I'm not sure), and I promise to buy 12 copies of each book.

Enzeru
So Nihilist, Thanosi, Quan...none of you guys care to chime in?

I'm still waiting for Nihilist's responses in the "Lord Mar-Vell VS Sentry"-thread and also something to the "Thanos VS Sentry" debate there.

Black bolt z
Given the circumstances Darkseid in all.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Enzeru
I'm still waiting for Nihilist's responses in the "Lord Mar-Vell VS Sentry"-thread and also something to the "Thanos VS Sentry" debate there. Link me to them and if you really wanna go at it we could do a Battlezone over Sentry/Thanos

Gecko4lif
Thanos has no equal

you either beat him or you lose

Its his freakish durability that makes him hard to match

Enzeru
Originally posted by Nihilist
Link me to them and if you really wanna go at it we could do a Battlezone over Sentry/Thanos

It was your thread and your reponse is missing, after I asked you over 3 times for your opinion o_o I did more then enough already.

Nihilist
It was your thread and your reponse is missing, after I asked you over 3 times for your opinion o_o I did more then enough already. Il search for them now, and what do you to a battlezone Thanos v Sentry?

psycho gundam
^ do it

sentry/thanos needs to happen

quanchi112
Originally posted by psycho gundam
^ do it

sentry/thanos needs to happen Thanos wins that battle. I don't see how anyone could assume otherwise.

Enzeru
Il search for them now, and what do you to a battlezone Thanos v Sentry?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t558754.html

Sentry wins.

Nihilist
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t558754.html

Sentry wins. Already responded, and i take that as a NO then.

Lord Feron
A person who can do a even split with thanos is imo... Supes with a large sundip, thor with some kind of amp (maybe king thor or OF thor anything more would be more than just a split), Larfleeze, Infinity Man.

I would place Thanos just below skyfather, Top trans level I guess. IMO no herald or even 2-3 combined should be able to beat Thanos.

TheLordofMurder
So Nihilist and Quan, you both bothered to enter this thread, but dont care to address the OP?

Nihilist
So Nihilist and Quan, you both bothered to enter this thread, but dont care to address the OP? Because i dont care for anything you ask, as you never do when pressed for answers by me.

TheLordofMurder
Because i dont care for anything you ask, as you never do when pressed for answers by me.

Bull...I've answered every question you've asked me.

But since you entered a thread with no intent on addressing the subject matter, I do believe that equates to trolling...

Nihilist
Bull...I've answered every question you've asked me.No you dont you just post stupid pictures thats why you was warned.

Read the rules son, i answered a post aimed at me, by another poster.

TheLordofMurder
No you dont you just post stupid pictures thats why you was warned.

Nope, I answered the question pertaining to Owens durability during the course of that thread; re-read it if you dont believe me...

Also, you had to be lurking to even know that a question had been directed your way; I directed a question to you prior to the one you responded to...

So yeah, you entered the thread with no intent on addressing the subject matter at hand...

Nihilist
Nope, I answered the question pertaining to Owens durability during the course of that thread; re-read it if you dont believe me...An d when iasked for actual PROOF not speculation or your opinion you started posting childish stuff, thats why you got warned and not me.

So what i looked at your thread big deal, i saw the question you directed at me and as i just told you i have feel no need to answer the question in this thread.

I entered this thread to answer a post aimed at me, then answered what you asked a second so you know not to waste your time as i have no real time at all for you as you ignore most of what is said smile

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Stoic
I honestly believe that Darkseid would be an awesome match up for Thanos, and they should put in a canon book already. Make it last for a minimum of 12 issues, and bring in the best cosmic writers from both companies (Starlin for Marvel, DC I'm not sure), and I promise to buy 12 copies of each book.

Thanos against a non-jobbing Darkseid?

Oh yeah, that would be an awesome fight; much closer than some believe it would be...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Lord Feron
A person who can do a even split with thanos is imo... Supes with a large sundip, thor with some kind of amp (maybe king thor or OF thor anything more would be more than just a split), Larfleeze, Infinity Man.

I would place Thanos just below skyfather, Top trans level I guess. IMO no herald or even 2-3 combined should be able to beat Thanos.

This seems reasonable to me; although I'd argue that I could hand pick 3 heralds that could (and would) defeat Thanos every single time...

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Darkseid sans the ALE or his "real" form.

King Thor.

I could see this as well...

thumb up

carver9
Pull a split....

WWH, Void, Sundip Superman, Geared up Wonder Woman.

Pull a majority...

WBH, Zeus, Odin, Franklin, and the list goes on.

TheHulk
Well according to quanchi pre-retcon molecule man also loses to thanos wacko . I wonder who can defeat him in quan's eyes. Pre-Retcon Beyonder,CA Superman,The One Above All And The Brothers

TheHulk
Seeeeeeeeentry! Thanos Shall Bow To The Power Of A Million Exploding Suns!!! mad

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by carver9
Pull a split....

Pull a majority...

WBH, Zeus, Odin, Franklin, and the list goes on. ugh

Jynocidus
Does anyone know if The Inbetweener ever called for an opposite of Thanos?

h1a8
A cis off Thor can split or take a small majority.

A cis off Surfer can split.

A cis off Superman can win a majority.

I see WWH splitting if he doesn't go WB.

Hal at his best can pull a majority.

Mags can split or lose a slight majority

Sentry with a stable mental state could take a slight majority

The only way Thanos seems to either spite someone or get spited is because of Thanos fans here. They are relentless in saying he wins every fight, even against Galactus. They are the seeds for why the OP and some others feel the way they do about Thanos. But I don't. I know the truth and won't fall for any tricks Rick.

TheHulk
Pull a split....

Pull a majority...

WBH, Zeus, Odin, Franklin, and the list goes on. Accurate thumb up

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by h1a8

The only way Thanos seems to either spite someone or get spited is because of Thanos fans here. They are relentless in saying he wins every fight, even against Galactus. They are the seeds for why the OP and some others feel the way they do about Thanos. But I don't. I know the truth and won't fall for any tricks Rick. This is easily the worst post in the thread

OneDumbG0
^ Jesus wept.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
This is easily the worst post in the thread Aren't you a sadist

h1a8
This is easily the worst post in the thread

That's because you bought into the Thanos fans nonsense. It's ok.

TheHulk
That's because you bought into the Thanos fans nonsense. It's ok. Sadly i agree with you What the f**k?

TheLordofMurder
The only way Thanos seems to either spite someone or get spited is because of Thanos fans here. They are relentless in saying he wins every fight, even against Galactus. They are the seeds for why the OP and some others feel the way they do about Thanos.

This is 100% true....

thumb up

OneDumbG0
That's because you bought into the Thanos fans nonsense. It's ok. Sr J-Bieb only became a Thanos fan after several years of listening to other Thanos fanboys on this board.

True story.

Sr J-Bieb
That's because you bought into the Thanos fans nonsense. It's ok. I buy into myself. You apparently buy and smoke meth

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Sr J-Bieb only became a Thanos fan after several years of listening to other Thanos fanboys on this board.

True story. Quan can be mighty convincing

It's like Thanos speaks through him

JakeTheBank

The only way Thanos seems to either spite someone or get spited is because of Thanos fans here. They are relentless in saying he wins every fight, even against Galactus. They are the seeds for why the OP and some others feel the way they do about Thanos. But I don't. I know the truth and won't fall for any tricks Rick.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/CMPunkWTF.gif

h1a8

Thanos doesn't have planetary power and he is not very fast.
My post is correct and accurate.

Sr J-Bieb
Thanos doesn't have planetary power and he is not very fast.
My post is correct and accurate. 2nd worst

zopzop
^ Jesus wept.

More like vomited in disgust sick

h1a8
2nd worst
This implies I said something incorrect.
Ok let's analyze.
I said Thanos doesn't have planetary power. This is true since comics never once show Thanos able to destroy or move a planet on his own.

I said Thanos is not very fast. Well this is true since most herald level beings are a lot faster.

With that said, that means you don't read comics WELL or don't remember WELL. Which one?

Sr J-Bieb
Thanos destroyed a planet in a fight with Drax in like his first appearance

You've never even read a comic

psycho gundam
Ok let's analyze.
I said Thanos doesn't have planetary power. This is true since comics never once show Thanos able to destroy or move a planet on his own.

I said Thanos is not very fast. Well this is true since most herald level beings are a lot faster.

With that said, that means you don't read comics WELL or don't remember WELL. Which one? i lol'd

h1a8
Thanos destroyed a planet in a fight with Drax in like his first appearance

You've never even read a comic

Who hasn't read the comic? Reread my previous post carefully ok. I clearly though about that feat when I posted it. Wow. I might be crazy but not stupid.

Sr J-Bieb
Who hasn't read the comic? Reread my previous post carefully ok. I clearly though about that feat when I posted it. Wow. I might be crazy but not stupid. Completely insanely stupid, no offense intended

Thanos at his absolute weakest destroyed a planet in a fight against someone who was below She Hulk level in strength

Then you have Magneto splitting against him. Or Thor (never moved or destroyed a planet), Superman (never moved or destroyed a planet ON HIS OWN OMG!), WWH (never destroyed or moved a planet)...

You know what, nevermind. You clearly lack any logical thought process. You have 12 year olds joining this site who are able to actually discuss comics with more comprehension than you. It's just, I don't know. It's sad though. The worst really. I'd say you're trolling, but then I work with a guy who is as dumb as many members of this site (in common sense, and doing a job he's been doing for over 2 years) so really, I see no hope.

You keep doing that thing you're doing where you ignore everything that happened in comics and act like you're right. I'll be laughing. thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Well, to get back on topic, this thread does confirm one thing to me; rational debate pertaining to the hardcore Thanos fans here is impossible concerning The Mad Titan...

They cant even discuss characters that rival him in power and combat ability; they can only seemingly say "Thanos wins" or "you are degenerate dog poo who hates teh The Lord Jesus Savior Thanos...git out of here scum."

The mods can go ahead and lock this thread; seems I am done here...

Sr J-Bieb
Well, to get back on topic, this thread does confirm one thing to me; rational debate pertaining to the hardcore Thanos fans here is impossible concerning The Mad Titan...

They cant even discuss characters that rival him in power and combat ability; they can only seemingly say "Thanos wins" or "you are degenerate dog poo who hates teh The Lord Jesus Savior Thanos...git out of here scum."

The mods can go ahead and lock this thread; seems I am done here... Well, ignoring this bait thread, posts concerning h1 have little to do with the characters as opposed to how wrong and contradicting he is.

Thanos never destroyed or moved a planet, so therefore people who have never destroyed or moved a planet on their own will be able to split or win against him. You could replace the characters with anybody and the logic would still make no sense. Doesn't help that he justifies Magneto splitting against Thanos as Thanos hype either...

The implication that I'm a hardcore Thanos fan is cute considering you'll be hard pressed to see me arguing for Thanos winning, let alone arguing for him in impossible cirumstances. Don't argue for the guy often in a serious thread. Just so happens this has more to do with H1, than Thanos.

In reality on these boards, you have like three hardcore Thanos fans supporters. Mind you, Quanchi comes with them, so he makes it look like 40 more. I have no doubt these guys are annoying to some, but so are Wolverine fans, Superman fans, Hulk fans, Thor fans, etc. You either take it in stride, or you become fixated. Fixation is the more common approach.

Wouldn't expect you and your hate goggles to understand though.

Back on topic:
Mephisto written decent

Zeus

quanchi112

The mods can go ahead and lock this thread; seems I am done here... crybaby

Nihilist
Well, ignoring this bait thread, posts concerning h1 have little to do with the characters as opposed to how wrong and contradicting he is.

Thanos never destroyed or moved a planet, so therefore people who have never destroyed or moved a planet on their own will be able to split or win against him. You could replace the characters with anybody and the logic would still make no sense. Doesn't help that he justifies Magneto splitting against Thanos as Thanos hype either...

The implication that I'm a hardcore Thanos fan is cute considering you'll be hard pressed to see me arguing for Thanos winning, let alone arguing for him in impossible cirumstances. Don't argue for the guy often in a serious thread. Just so happens this has more to do with H1, than Thanos.

In reality on these boards, you have like three hardcore Thanos fans supporters. Mind you, Quanchi comes with them, so he makes it look like 40 more. I have no doubt these guys are annoying to some, but so are Wolverine fans, Superman fans, Hulk fans, Thor fans, etc. You either take it in stride, or you become fixated. Fixation is the more common approach.

Back on topic:
Mephisto written decent

Zeus Originally posted by quanchi112
crybaby

thumb up to both.

Some poster really need to stop being such pussies.

TheLordofMurder
thumb up to both.

Some poster really need to stop being such pussies.

Only if you can stop being a ghey f@g LordBoo; how the hell does an alledged grown man pick a name as ghey as LordBoo anyway?

Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
crybaby

Oh please, you are the greatest Thanos d!ckrider this forum has ever seen; go back to taking care of your boyfriends primal needs...

Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder
Well, ignoring this bait thread, posts concerning h1 have little to do with the characters as opposed to how wrong and contradicting he is.

Back on topic:
Mephisto written decent

Zeus

Did I name you eariler in this thread? Feeling self conscious arent you?

Just to be clear, this isnt a bait thread (as is made clear on page 1) and I didnt address you once; begone...and take your hate goggles with you troll.

Happy Dance

Sr J-Bieb
Did I name you eariler in this thread? Feeling self conscious arent you?

Just to be clear, this isnt a bait thread (as is made clear on page 1) and I didnt address you once; begone...and take your hate goggles with you troll.

Happy Dance I'm the only one you could be responding to, besides Nil. And you didn't single out "fan", so really, your backtracking isn't going to work with me.

Clear as day a bait thread. You're trying to get Thanos fans in a thread to admit that their character will lose to someone, while saying Thanos fans are extremely bias.
People aren't stupid you know. Just because you barely try to cover your tracks, that doesn't mean people won't see through it.

That last part didn't make a lick of sense, and you're dragging your own topic farther off topic after you 'wanted' answers, and I answered your thread. Interesting word that is, "troll" I mean.

h1a8

Back on topic:
Mephisto written decent

Zeus

This is a forum fight and characters fight at their best ability. That means if Thanos hasn't shown planetary power then he doesn't have it here. If another does then they most certainly stalemate him or win.
Nothing is crazy about that.

Sr J-Bieb
This is a forum fight and characters fight at their best ability. That means if Thanos hasn't shown planetary power then he doesn't have it here. If another does then they most certainly stalemate him or win.
Nothing is crazy about that. He has. He's beaten people with planetary power. People on your list don't have it. You have Magneto splitting against him. That's not even right anyway. Etc.

I'd explain why you're wrong, but needle bangers aren't known to listen to reason. You could see the scan of him destroying a planet a hundred times, and still question him ever doing it. Your brain locks out logic.

"Id"
Zemo (/w/ Moonstones) vs Thanos
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t469521.html

Zemo seems to be right there, in his league. But the topic was left virtually untouched by Thanos Fanboys.

h1a8
He has. He's beaten people with planetary power. People on your list don't have it. You have Magneto splitting against him. That's not even right anyway. Etc.

I'd explain why you're wrong, but needle bangers aren't known to listen to reason. You could see the scan of him destroying a planet a hundred times, and still question him ever doing it. Your brain locks out logic. No he hasn't. He's beaten people that has shown planetary power but didn't have it when they engaged Thanos. In comics, characters don't always fight at their best as shown before.

I admitted being wrong when others shown me relevant scans more than 10 times here. If Thanos shows planetary power only once then I will give it to him and change my views on him. I honestly don't feel he can destroy a planet in pieces with a blast or punches. Do you? Be honest.

I gave Mags a split because I think his shields can hold up as when he fought Phoenix. But thinking again Mags loses. My fault about that.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by "Id"

Zemo seems to be right there, in his league. But the topic was left virtually untouched by Thanos Fanboys. Lot's of topics are left untouched, that's not indictive of anything.

Although Zemo vs Thanos would be interesting. Hell, Zemo vs a lot of people would be interesting. They should bring him back with them for a mini event.

abhilegend
Originally posted by "Id"

Zemo seems to be right there, in his league. But the topic was left virtually untouched by Thanos Fanboys.
I think zemo would take it.

Sr J-Bieb
No he hasn't. He's beaten people that has shown planetary power but didn't have it when they engaged Thanos. In comics, characters don't always fight at their best as shown before.

I admitted being wrong when others shown me relevant scans more than 10 times here. If Thanos shows planetary power only once then I will give it to him and change my views on him. I honestly don't feel he can destroy a planet in pieces with a blast or punches. Do you? Be honest.

I gave Mags a split because I think his shields can hold up as when he fought Phoenix. But thinking again Mags loses. My fault about that. They can destroy planets, but they couldn't do it against Thanos. What. They suddenly lost all their power because they fought Thanos, and that means they were written down?
Your brain is an impossible puzzle

You need to see something 10 times to admit you're wrong? Even though that's wrong (it took you like a year to finally admit Surfer had decent combat speed)... that's outright sad. Autistic even. Unless you're saying you've only admitted you're wrong 10 times here when people proved you wrong... which is still pretty sad since you're corrected every time you post.
He has though.
Why wouldn't I? If the guy can send Galactus reeling many miles, then planet busting is irrelevant. Even Terrax can bust a planet... hell, even the Herald Nova can destroy a sun. Thanos doesn't need to go around busting planets except for people like you and Carver.

lol at changing your views on him because he can destroy a planet though. Why are you even here? You know nothing of comics. I'm sure you've seen a couple movies in your life, why not go apply fake science to movies in one of those forums?

Jesus.

zopzop
IMHO the person has to be ABOVE Lord Mar-vell but below skyfather. Anyone that falls into that category can take 5 and over vs Thanos (remember we counting KOs as wins).

Nihilist
Only if you can stop being a ghey f@g LordBoo; how the hell does an alledged grown man pick a name as ghey as LordBoo anyway?

Happy Dance More childish crap from you, and you act as if Lord Of Murder is a great name...what are you a wanna physco lol

quanchi112
Oh please, you are the greatest Thanos d!ckrider this forum has ever seen; go back to taking care of your boyfriends primal needs...

Happy Dance You sound as if I took a piece of your soul. You live your life I'll live mine...with Thanos.

abhilegend
More childish crap from you, and you act as if Lord Of Murder is a great name...what are you a wanna physco lol
Did someone raped this lordofmurder guy wearing a thanos costume?

Nihilist
Did someone raped this lordofmurder guy wearing a thanos costume? Think so, its kinda sad the way he acts...i do feel sorry for the kid.

KuRuPT Thanosi

This was almost my reaction when I read his list. Carver's was pretty bad to.

IMO...

DS
King Thor
Prime
V&V Despero only
Henshaw with rings
Zeus
Zuras

KuRuPT Thanosi
Ok let's analyze.

With that said, that means you don't read comics WELL or don't remember WELL. Which one?

Show me ANY comic with

1. HP Doomsday
2. Kurse
3. ShaggyMan
4. Juggs
5. Mongul
6. Despero

Showing them destroying a planet. You can't. Yet, all these guys have tooled heroes (who have such planet feats with their strength) In fact, a few on that list have treated your loverboy who you claim is so strong like a weak pathetic feeb. Explain

KuRuPT Thanosi

Back on topic:
Mephisto written decent

Zeus

I'm I included on that list of radical thanos fans? lol

h1a8
They can destroy planets, but they couldn't do it against Thanos. What. They suddenly lost all their power because they fought Thanos, and that means they were written down?

You need to see something 10 times to admit you're wrong? Even though that's wrong (it took you like a year to finally admit Surfer had decent combat speed)... that's outright sad. Autistic even. Unless you're saying you've only admitted you're wrong 10 times here when people proved you wrong... which is still pretty sad since you're corrected every time you post.
He has though.
Why wouldn't I? If the guy can send Galactus reeling many miles, then planet busting is irrelevant. Even Terrax can bust a planet... hell, even the Herald Nova can destroy a sun. Thanos doesn't need to go around busting planets except for people like you and Carver.

lol at changing your views on him because he can destroy a planet though. Why are you even here? You know nothing of comics. I'm sure you've seen a couple movies in your life, why not go apply fake science to movies in one of those forums?

Jesus. Sorry my english is off. Be patient ok.
I meant it has been more than 10 times where someone shown me 1 scan that convinced me. I'm not that hard to convince.

It's not about being written up or down but not being written on a level as shown before (one's best).

You are not a true comic fan. If you were then you would often pretend what will happen if they fought FOR REAL (not in a comic). If Thanos can't be imagined to have planet busting power when some heralds can be imagined that way then without lying to yourself you can't imagine Thanos defeating them. The only way you view Thanos defeating them is for them to be written down from their best (as comics show).

Sending someone who weighs a few hundred tons (if that) miles away is garbage. Galactus didn't brace and thus he was just dead weight to be sent back.

Destroying a Sun is garbage in comics (and in fiction period). Just cause a chain reaction to get the star to super nova. The star does most of the work.

Terrax and other heralds are rarely written at planet busting levels. If there was a genie and I wish to be Surfer at his highest levels of what he has shown and you wish to be Thanos at his highest non amp (IG, etc.) self then the genie will scan the comic and give me planet busting power and you not so much planet busting power. If we fight then I would dog walk you. Do you understand?

psycho gundam

Happy Dance Originally posted by Nihilist
More childish crap from you, and you act as if Lord Of Murder is a great name...what are you a wanna physco lol you two should be getting along better than this....

...you're both "lords"

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ymgaq1.gif

carver9
They can destroy planets, but they couldn't do it against Thanos. What. They suddenly lost all their power because they fought Thanos, and that means they were written down?

He has though.

Jesus.

I never said that destroying a planet is grand all be all.

quanchi112
I never said that destroying a planet is grand all be all. That's your response to a post that tore you from the inside out. Really ?

cdtm
Yeah, I also think so. But you really started a shit-storm by posting that.

I don't know.. Thanos normally makes short work of Surfer, and I can't see Superman doing better than a split with him.

Sr J-Bieb
Sorry my english is off. Be patient ok.
I meant it has been more than 10 times where someone shown me 1 scan that convinced me. I'm not that hard to convince.

It's not about being written up or down but not being written on a level as shown before (one's best).

You are not a true comic fan. If you were then you would often pretend what will happen if they fought FOR REAL (not in a comic). If Thanos can't be imagined to have planet busting power when some heralds can be imagined that way then without lying to yourself you can't imagine Thanos defeating them. The only way you view Thanos defeating them is for them to be written down from their best (as comics show).

Sending someone who weighs a few hundred tons (if that) miles away is garbage. Galactus didn't brace and thus he was just dead weight to be sent back.

Destroying a Sun is garbage in comics (and in fiction period). Just cause a chain reaction to get the star to super nova. The star does most of the work.

Terrax and other heralds are rarely written at planet busting levels. If there was a genie and I wish to be Surfer at his highest levels of what he has shown and you wish to be Thanos at his highest non amp (IG, etc.) self then the genie will scan the comic and give me planet busting power and you not so much planet busting power. If we fight then I would dog walk you. Do you understand? Your whole post is "Come on, please agree with me that Thanos loses to people he's beaten because we should be throwing on panel happenings out the window and say that Thanos loses because... oh ya, people have destroyed planets ah ha! Also, I wish to ignore Thanos at his absolute weakest destroying a planet in a battle against a being who got trashed by She Hulk in physical might"

Do you ever read back what you write and go "Damn, I really know how to spew a bunch of shit at people that makes little if any sense"? Because you should. You should do it before every post and promptly correct yourself. Actually, skip that part and just don't post. Spend your time reading something. Doesn't even have to be a comic, just something to stimulate your brain since it sorely needs it.

You want a comic retort to planet busting though that anyone with a brain can understand?
Thanos destroyed a planet. Thanos survived unscathed while the opposite was KO'ed. This was Thanos at his lowest power level.
Thanos stood ground zero at a place where a ****ing gas giant blew up... IN HIS FACE. Unscathed. Right before this he survived a cheapshot blitz from Fallen One that blew up his massive ship when he wasn't expecting it while he was in it. All it did was rip his clothes.
Onto things not so planety...
Thanos survived Galactus exerting himself (obviously Galactus wasn't written at planet busting levels, amirite?)
Thanos survived a pissed off Tyrant and gave him a challenge who completely destroyed Silver Surfer. Surfer under the same team beat up Morg in a planet destroying battle. Thanos' battle with Tyrant also did a number on Tyrant's fortress which was massive. Thanos survived none the worse for wear.
Oh there's more, but I'm under the assumption that for a normal person, that should be enough.

Why am I supposed to sit here and think Thanos can't handle planet destroyers simply because they destroyed a planet just to satisfy your completely inane opinion full of ass and blood? I'm not going to. I might not be the smartest person ever, but I'm not a retard, which is what I'd have to be to go along with your little plea.

Also, no one has done that to Galactus even though he weighs so 'little'. Surfer has never even phased Galactus. Terrax at one of his highest levels of power. Shit all to Galactus. Beta Ray Bill in the same series he smashed a planet with the same attack? Caused a small crack in Galactus' armor that did nothing. Thanos smashed his whole helmet and had him reeling. Planet destroying attacks are nothing to Galactus. You need more to effect him, is my point. You're never going to see a Godblast destroy a planet, but it sure as hell is lot more potent than simply destroying a planet (also effected Galactus... sadly). If you go into a thread and tell me Gladiator's punches carry more weight than the ability to cause Galactus harm, well, I'm probably going to call you some silly things full of fun for all, except you.

Allow me to retort to your "Not a true comic fan"
You are not a true comic fan because you've never read a comic.

Really, it's that easy.

JakeTheBank
WTF @ h1's genie analogy.

h1a8
Your whole post is "Come on, please agree with me that Thanos loses to people he's beaten because we should be throwing on panel happenings out the window and say that Thanos loses because... oh ya, people have destroyed planets ah ha! Also, I wish to ignore Thanos at his absolute weakest destroying a planet in a battle against a being who got trashed by She Hulk in physical might"

Do you ever read back what you write and go "Damn, I really know how to spew a bunch of shit at people that makes little if any sense"? Because you should. You should do it before every post and promptly correct yourself. Actually, skip that part and just don't post. Spend your time reading something. Doesn't even have to be a comic, just something to stimulate your brain since it sorely needs it. Of course we throw on panel things out the window if THEY CONTRADICT A CHARACTER FIGHTING TO THEIR BEST ABILITIES.
Thanos didn't destroy a planet directly without help. Also Thanos surviving the planet is awesome. But know that the planet blew up in all directions and wasn't concentrated on Thanos. Surfer or Terrax or Glads can strike with planet busting power in a small concentrated area. Now surviving that is the ultimate test. Thanos surviving a star exploding is great too. But that is just durability. He needs offensive power to win. Remember this thread is about stalemating him too. He used outside shields, doesn't count. ABC logic doesn't quite work since characters don't always fight at their best. I didn't see Tryant do much in the Thanos fight. Plus Glads was going toe to toe with him until he got cheapshotted. And Thanos had an orb so it doesn't count. Well you will have to lie to yourself or imagine Thanos beating up on beings that lost their planetary power for the moment. A lot of things below planetary power has cause Galactus harm and other powerful beings too. A gas station koed Superman for crying out loud. It's comics mans deal with it. The point is that you should have argued that it harmed Galactus vs. it pushed him away. I'm not into silly portrayal stuff that makes no sense. If a guy weighs 30 tons then he can be sent flying if he doesn't brace. It was a great feat by Thanos nontheless. I have read a lot of comics. Probably not on the level of every character's appearance but definitely far more than the average guy. But reading comics has nothing to do with a character operating at his best. That's for stuff like using averages which I don't use. Get it?

h1a8
WTF @ h1's genie analogy.

Stop tripping on me. I'm sick dude. I still obsess with having super powers. I fantasize about it everyday. I wish I did have a genie though. big grin

Sr J-Bieb
Of course we throw on panel things out the window if THEY CONTRADICT A CHARACTER FIGHTING TO THEIR BEST ABILITIES.
Thanos didn't destroy a planet directly without help. Also Thanos surviving the planet is awesome. But know that the planet blew up in all directions and wasn't concentrated on Thanos. Surfer or Terrax or Glads can strike with planet busting power in a small concentrated area. Now surviving that is the ultimate test. Thanos surviving a star exploding is great too. But that is just durability. He needs offensive power to win. Remember this thread is about stalemating him too. He used outside shields, doesn't count. ABC logic doesn't quite work since characters don't always fight at their best. I didn't see Tryant do much in the Thanos fight. Plus Glads was going toe to toe with him until he got cheapshotted. And Thanos had an orb so it doesn't count. Well you will have to lie to yourself or imagine Thanos beating up on beings that lost their planetary power for the moment. A lot of things below planetary power has cause Galactus harm and other powerful beings too. A gas station koed Superman for crying out loud. It's comics mans deal with it. The point is that you should have argued that it harmed Galactus vs. it pushed him away. I'm not into silly portrayal stuff that makes no sense. If a guy weighs 30 tons then he can be sent flying if he doesn't brace. It was a great feat by Thanos nontheless. I have read a lot of comics. Probably not on the level of every character's appearance but definitely far more than the average guy. But reading comics has nothing to do with a character operating at his best. That's for stuff like using averages which I don't use. Get it? I was going to go through this post neatly, but it's just a mess of text, kind of like the context contained within.

Thanos never beat Surfer because Surfer didn't destroy the planet. That's logic for you. Nothing Thanos has ever done counts because thhe characters didn't destroy a planet.
Your brain doesn't work, no offense.

No, a weak Thanos destroyed a planet with a weak character. That's what happened.
Thanos survived a god damn gas giant. Also, Surfer's planet destroying power is omni directional... Terrax, well, you're stupid... so that's how I'm going to answer that. Not even going to toy with Terrax destroying a planet against Thanos since Terrax is nothing to him. Gladiator can strike in a small surface. Gladiator also in one of his best feats (matching Tyrant for a second) got destroyed, while Thanos actually was able to give him a fight... because Thanos has no offensive power or defensive power.

Thanos has no offensive power... that's why he killed Surfer in a few punches... or right never happened. This is terrible. Thanos has no feats in comics because you have no brain cells in your head.
This is what I'm supposed to respond to, really?

His shields got pierced and he got hit directly by the attack. Also lol at saying him using shields doesn't count. Do you think he won't use shields or something?

Ya, Tyrant didn't do much... how do you function? Serious question? There's obviously a lack of oxygen going on there.
Anyway... Tyrant is among the few people who have actually managed to cause Thanos a good amount of harm.
And Gladiator didn't go toe to toe with him. He got destroyed head on. All he did was briefly hold off his eye beams and then got overpowered and face punched. Gladiator got what? 2 punched?
Thanos had an orb that amped his attacks that came out of the orb.

I don't have to lie. I would have to shoot myself in the head, survive, become immensely retarded in the process because I destroyed a portion of my brain, and then get online and tell people that Thanos loses to Gladiator, for me to believe that Thanos loses to Glads or Terrrax, or other trash characters.

A lot of things below planetary have caused Galactus harm? Name them. Show scans.
It did harm Galactus, and it did push him away. You should have learned how to argue.
No one has done that to Galactus though, that's the point. Also good job ignoring Surfer never causing Galactus any damage, Terrax never causing him any damage, and Beta with a planet destroying attack not damaging Galactus. If not knowing anything is your bread, then ignoring everything is your butter.

You don't read comics though. You have no idea what you're talking about 100% of the time. You don't know averages, high showings, or low showings. You know random scans that you attribute as high showings.

There's probably more I missed, but you have no idea what's going on, so I'm not worried about covering too many bases. Absolutely no idea. Not a clue.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Just chiming in a little late, but Bieb, you forgot to mention in Infinity Abyss when Thanos was caught with his pants down and had his own Singularity bomb used against him. He survived it with just a few blood splotches crusted on his body and sans clothes.

One of my more favorite Thanos durability feats. stick out tongue

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
Just chiming in a little late, but Bieb, you forgot to mention in Infinity Abyss when Thanos was caught with his pants down and had his own Singularity bomb used against him. He survived it with just a few blood splotches crusted on his body and sans clothes.

One of my more favorite Thanos durability feats. stick out tongue I was actually thinking about that, but h1 would have somehow said that that was less than a planetary attack... being trapped in a black hole and somehow escaping that is. IMO it's a pretty cool feat.

Omnidirectional, too small... I don't know, my brain isn't decayed enough to think of why that's less than a planet destroying attack, or why it doesn't count.

But mark my words, it doesn't count in his eyes. Thanos has no feats. Thanos isn't allowed high feats. Everyone else has high feats vs a character with no feats. This is how you debate.

h1a8
I was going to go through this post neatly, but it's just a mess of text, kind of like the context contained within.

Thanos never beat Surfer because Surfer didn't destroy the planet. That's logic for you. Nothing Thanos has ever done counts because thhe characters didn't destroy a planet.
Your brain doesn't work, no offense. ? Thanos beat Surfer when Surfer wasn't fighting at his best as shown before. Surfer didn't use super speed, black holes attacks, planet shattering blasts, board from behind tricks, phasing ability, shielding, etc. You keep on arguing this nonsense like an idiot. Actually we have two different viewpoints on which characters should be used. You use average portrayals and I use the one's where characters are performing to their best ability. With this difference it is impossible to debate since it would be impossible to see eye to eye because we are looking at different things. Also X beating Y in a comic holds no water in itself. It is how X beat Y that holds the water. Learn this and you will be smart in the future.

If I push a button with another and it caused the planet to be destroyed then was it my all my power that caused the destruction? No, Thanos and Drax only put the planet in instability, after that the planet destroyed itself with ITS OWN ENERGY and not Thanos or Drax's energy. That means that Thanos didn't supply 1/1000th of the power of destroying the planet. He rather pushed a tough button with the help of Drax which activated the planet to destroy itself. Also all characters have low showings. Superman got koed by a gas station. So Drax being handled by She-Hulk is understandable in comics (PIS) but can't be used here on the forum.

It's called context. It's not about how a fight ends but what happened in the fight that caused the outcome. If Glads was alone fighting Tryant then the fight would have lasted a long time. Tryant sent another character into Glads causing Glads to get distracted and which gave Tyrant the cheapshot opportunity. In the fight against Thanos we don't see Tryant cheapshotting Thanos nor do we see Thanos taking beat down like punches from Tryant either. And what about the amp Thanos had with the orb?

And Surfer survived inside the core of a star, even absorbed a gas giant, and a black hole without any damage. That trumps anything Thanos has done durability wise.

It's called a combo to ko. I didn't claim that Thanos doesn't have the offensive power in his punches to hurt a herald. Surfer at his best wouldn't have got touched by Thanos fists at all. It was a serious job fest by Surfer that fight. A CIS off Surfer can at least stalemate Thanos which was my original argument (a Surfer usually portrayed in comics would lose against Thanos),

I'm not sure how much hit Thanos, if any. The art isn't too clear. But Galactus stopped the moment Thanos pleaded. Maybe he got hit a second before stopping who knows. But those weren't his personal shields but shields from outside power source. In the forum he can't use outside shielding unless the OP says so.

Context is your friend. You can tell people that if Glads fought at his best and highest confidence then he can beat Thanos using speed. Terrax would lose against Thanos though since he isn't fast enough. Stop thinking of only winning and losing and start thinking of HOW ONE WINS OR LOSES. Then you would understand how my retarded brain thinks.

You first mentioned that it was awesome because it sent him miles away. Who cares? Did it harm him is the only relevant thing here.

I was referring to planetary level attacks and not beings who have shown the ability to have planetary level attacks. Here are a few that harmed Galactus with less than planetary leveling attacking, Sue and Thor.

You must know that when a character is seen attacking in comics isn't always the level they been shown before. For example, when Glads punches Thor or another character then he isn't using the same force that he used the shatter the planet. Surfer blasting someone isn't the same level of blast that he used to destroy a planet. And again context is your friend. How did Bill destroy a planet? Was it because he accelerated into it after flying for awhile? I wouldn't call that planetary level ability. Now if Bill just stood there on the planet and shattered it from one blow then you would have a point.

Reading comics is for understanding averages or the context in which the feat was done. I don't need to read the entire story to see the common sense of a single feat. Do I need to read the entire story to understand that Surfer can travel lightyears in mere moments? That is why we have a respect thread with scans without the entire comic it came from. Any idiot can understand the feats without needing to read the whole comic.
P.S. I do read comics just not enough for you though.

I was actually thinking about that, but h1 would have somehow said that that was less than a planetary attack... being trapped in a black hole and somehow escaping that is. IMO it's a pretty cool feat.

Omnidirectional, too small... I don't know, my brain isn't decayed enough to think of why that's less than a planet destroying attack, or why it doesn't count.

But mark my words, it doesn't count in his eyes. Thanos has no feats. Thanos isn't allowed high feats. Everyone else has high feats vs a character with no feats. This is how you debate.

I assumed Thanos has his highest feats when I first posted.

carver9
? Thanos beat Surfer when Surfer wasn't fighting at his best as shown before. Surfer didn't use super speed, black holes attacks, planet shattering blasts, board from behind tricks, phasing ability, shielding, etc. You keep on arguing this nonsense like an idiot. Actually we have two different viewpoints on which characters should be used. You use average portrayals and I use the one's where characters are performing to their best ability. With this difference it is impossible to debate since it would be impossible to see eye to eye because we are looking at different things. Also X beating Y in a comic holds no water in itself. It is how X beat Y that holds the water. Learn this and you will be smart in the future.

If I push a button with another and it caused the planet to be destroyed then was it my all my power that caused the destruction? No, Thanos and Drax only put the planet in instability, after that the planet destroyed itself with ITS OWN ENERGY and not Thanos or Drax's energy. That means that Thanos didn't supply 1/1000th of the power of destroying the planet. He rather pushed a tough button with the help of Drax which activated the planet to destroy itself. Also all characters have low showings. Superman got koed by a gas station. So Drax being handled by She-Hulk is understandable in comics (PIS) but can't be used here on the forum.

It's called context. It's not about how a fight ends but what happened in the fight that caused the outcome. If Glads was alone fighting Tryant then the fight would have lasted a long time. Tryant sent another character into Glads causing Glads to get distracted and which gave Tyrant the cheapshot opportunity. In the fight against Thanos we don't see Tryant cheapshotting Thanos nor do we see Thanos taking beat down like punches from Tryant either. And what about the amp Thanos had with the orb?

And Surfer survived inside the core of a star, even absorbed a gas giant, and a black hole without any damage. That trumps anything Thanos has done durability wise.

It's called a combo to ko. I didn't claim that Thanos doesn't have the offensive power in his punches to hurt a herald. Surfer at his best wouldn't have got touched by Thanos fists at all. It was a serious job fest by Surfer that fight. A CIS off Surfer can at least stalemate Thanos which was my original argument (a Surfer usually portrayed in comics would lose against Thanos),

I'm not sure how much hit Thanos, if any. The art isn't too clear. But Galactus stopped the moment Thanos pleaded. Maybe he got hit a second before stopping who knows. But those weren't his personal shields but shields from outside power source. In the forum he can't use outside shielding unless the OP says so.

Context is your friend. You can tell people that if Glads fought at his best and highest confidence then he can beat Thanos using speed. Terrax would lose against Thanos though since he isn't fast enough. Stop thinking of only winning and losing and start thinking of HOW ONE WINS OR LOSES. Then you would understand how my retarded brain thinks.

You first mentioned that it was awesome because it sent him miles away. Who cares? Did it harm him is the only relevant thing here.

I was referring to planetary level attacks and not beings who have shown the ability to have planetary level attacks. Here are a few that harmed Galactus with less than planetary leveling attacking, Sue and Thor.

You must know that when a character is seen attacking in comics isn't always the level they been shown before. For example, when Glads punches Thor or another character then he isn't using the same force that he used the shatter the planet. Surfer blasting someone isn't the same level of blast that he used to destroy a planet. And again context is your friend. How did Bill destroy a planet? Was it because he accelerated into it after flying for awhile? I wouldn't call that planetary level ability. Now if Bill just stood there on the planet and shattered it from one blow then you would have a point.

Reading comics is for understanding averages or the context in which the feat was done. I don't need to read the entire story to see the common sense of a single feat. Do I need to read the entire story to understand that Surfer can travel lightyears in mere moments? That is why we have a respect thread with scans without the entire comic it came from. Any idiot can understand the feats without needing to read the whole comic.

I assumed Thanos has his highest feats when I first posted.

Who'll win, a CIS off Surfer or a CIS off Superman? Whoever you give the majority to, please explain why.

vince_slice
I was actually thinking about that, but h1 would have somehow said that that was less than a planetary attack... being trapped in a black hole and somehow escaping that is. IMO it's a pretty cool feat.

The black hole Thanos got trapped in was pretty gigantic too, it was stated on panel to have instantly sucked in everything in a 2 light-year radius (4 light-year diameter).

h1a8
Originally posted by vince_slice
The black hole Thanos got trapped in was pretty gigantic too, it was stated on panel to have instantly sucked in everything in a 2 light-year radius (4 light-year diameter). Actually all black holes pull with light year radii. How do you think black holes gain their mass? They eat other stars many light year away. Pick a flower and you affect the furthest star. Lastly, less massive black holes have more destructive power than more massive ones. The event horizons are smaller and thus the curvature is greater causing it to rip you to shreds the moment you enter. A more massive black hole has a much bigger event horizon in which you can just coast upon entering for a moment before you are absorbed into the black hole.

Who'll win, a CIS off Surfer or a CIS off Superman? Whoever you give the majority to, please explain why. That's a hard one boy. Superman would be trying to punch his lights out and Surfer would be trying to play keep away and try to weaken Superman. It would be hard for either since both will be moving around pretty fast. Superman's instant acceleration (from rest) is a little bit better than Surfer's but Surfer is fast once he gets going. If Superman catches him then he wins, otherwise Surfer wins or it is a stalemate.

I would probably say that Surfer wins at least a slight majority since he is almost as fast as Superman in combat but has many tools to beat Superman. It would be hard since he has to try to win avoiding Superman at all times.

vince_slice
Actually all black holes pull with light year radii. How do you think black holes gain their mass? They eat other stars many light year away. Pick a flower and you affect the furthest star. Lastly, less massive black holes have more destructive power than more massive ones. The event horizons are smaller and thus the curvature is greater causing it to rip you to shreds the moment you enter. A more massive black hole has a much bigger event horizon in which you can just coast upon entering for a moment before you are absorbed into the black hole.

The scan I'm talking about said the black hole pulled in everything within a 2 light year radius INSTANTLY which is much more different than what you're talking about.

Sr J-Bieb
? Thanos beat Surfer when Surfer wasn't fighting at his best as shown before. Surfer didn't use super speed, black holes attacks, planet shattering blasts, board from behind tricks, phasing ability, shielding, etc. You keep on arguing this nonsense like an idiot. Actually we have two different viewpoints on which characters should be used. You use average portrayals and I use the one's where characters are performing to their best ability. With this difference it is impossible to debate since it would be impossible to see eye to eye because we are looking at different things. Also X beating Y in a comic holds no water in itself. It is how X beat Y that holds the water. Learn this and you will be smart in the future.

I assumed Thanos has his highest feats when I first posted. I'll reply to this when I get home in a week since replying to the amount of wrong can't be contained in a phone

carver9
Actually all black holes pull with light year radii. How do you think black holes gain their mass? They eat other stars many light year away. Pick a flower and you affect the furthest star. Lastly, less massive black holes have more destructive power than more massive ones. The event horizons are smaller and thus the curvature is greater causing it to rip you to shreds the moment you enter. A more massive black hole has a much bigger event horizon in which you can just coast upon entering for a moment before you are absorbed into the black hole.

That's a hard one boy. Superman would be trying to punch his lights out and Surfer would be trying to play keep away and try to weaken Superman. It would be hard for either since both will be moving around pretty fast. Superman's instant acceleration (from rest) is a little bit better than Surfer's but Surfer is fast once he gets going. If Superman catches him then he wins, otherwise Surfer wins or it is a stalemate.

I would probably say that Surfer wins at least a slight majority since he is almost as fast as Superman in combat but has many tools to beat Superman. It would be hard since he has to try to win avoiding Superman at all times.

Using your style of debate why can't Surfer instantly create a black hole in Supermans brain 10 times out of 10 or shoot him with Black Hole creating blast while being intangible the entire fight OR create clones to fight Supes?

OneDumbG0
Actually all black holes pull with light year radii. How do you think black holes gain their mass? They eat other stars many light year away. Pick a flower and you affect the furthest star. Lastly, less massive black holes have more destructive power than more massive ones. The event horizons are smaller and thus the curvature is greater causing it to rip you to shreds the moment you enter. A more massive black hole has a much bigger event horizon in which you can just coast upon entering for a moment before you are absorbed into the black hole. So... Beta Ray Bill is extra awesome for having resisted a double black hole attack where the black holes are man-sized? Originally posted by Galan007
This time Bill endures the force of two different singularities:

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_durability9.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_durability10.jpg

h1a8
Using your style of debate why can't Surfer instantly create a black hole in Supermans brain 10 times out of 10 or shoot him with Black Hole creating blast while being intangible the entire fight OR create clones to fight Supes? SS can't shoot blasts while intangible. Also Superman is too fast for SS to create a black hole in his brain. And Superman can become intangible too or simply evade SS's blasts. It would be a hard fight for both but Surfer may come out the winner.

h1a8
So... Beta Ray Bill is extra awesome for having resisted a double black hole attack where the black holes are man-sized? He never entered the event horizon and was only getting pulled as a whole.

OneDumbG0
^ To be frank, that makes no phucking sense.

h1a8
^ To be frank, that makes no phucking sense. Learn about black holes and it will. A black holes gravitational pull is bearable outside the event horizon. It doesn't take massive durability to withstand the pull of a black hole outside the event horizon.

psycho gundam
cause comic black holes = real ones. always

*sigh*

OneDumbG0
Learn about black holes and it will. A black holes gravitational pull is bearable outside the event horizon. It doesn't take massive durability to withstand the pull of a black hole outside the event horizon. Take your own advice. Nothing of what you said makes a lick of difference when it comes to the size of small or large black holes. You're pulling sh1t our of your a$$ and inventing crap out of the blue now.

h1a8
Take your own advice. Nothing of what you said makes a lick of difference when it comes to the size of small or large black holes. You're pulling sh1t our of your a$$ and inventing crap out of the blue now. What?

You say I'm making stuff up about black holes?

OneDumbG0
What?

You say I'm making stuff up about black holes? No sh1t, sherlock. Stop trying to downplay Thanos surviving a super massive blackhole because you think it's not impressive due to your imaginary sh1tty ideas.

You're insulting our intelligence.

h1a8
No sh1t, sherlock. Stop trying to downplay Thanos surviving a super massive blackhole because you think it's not impressive due to your imaginary sh1tty ideas.

You're insulting our intelligence.

Who said anything about Thanos? Didn't you post something about Bill?

Oh you are referring to the other day. Well again smaller black holes are more destructive than more massive black holes (in the event horizon of course). I'm not downplaying anything but comparing of what Surfer can do to him.

TheLordofMurder
As pertains a black hole; you can look at it two different ways...

1) Going by real world physics, Thanos and every other physical being surving being drawn into a black hole is pure PIS; the force an object would possess slamming into a Neutron Star (with an escape velocity of around 1/3c) would completely shatter the physical form of any object...

2) Going by comic book physics (which can change on a dime to suit the story), the feat isnt that impressive as other (lesser tiered) characters have withstood and survived similar conditions...

I have one nitpick to clarify as pertains blackholes...

No matter how large the area of the event horizon is, the force exerted beyond the event horizon is the same regardless of the size of the black hole...

Larger black holes are simply more massive than smaller ones (and thus have larger event horizons); thats the only difference; once beyond the point of no return everything is destroyed equally regardless of the black holes size...

h1a8
As pertains a black hole; you can look at it two different ways...

1) Going by real world physics, Thanos and every other physical being surving being drawn into a black hole is pure PIS; the force an object would possess slamming into a Neutron Star (with an escape velocity of around 1/3c) would completely shatter the physical form of any object...

2) Going by comic book physics (which can change on a dime to suit the story), the feat isnt that impressive as other (lesser tiered) characters have withstood and survived similar conditions...

I have one nitpick to clarify as pertains blackholes...

No matter how large the area of the event horizon is, the force exerted beyond the event horizon is the same regardless of the size of the black hole...

Larger black holes are simply more massive than smaller ones (and thus have larger event horizons); thats the only difference; once beyond the point of no return everything is destroyed equally regardless of the black holes size...

Not quite. In a large event horizon, upon first entering, your spaceship with coast until it reaches a certain distance from the singularity. Meaning, the ship wouldn't get torn to pieces immediately after entering. In a smaller event horizon the ship will get torn to pieces quicker upon entering. Since each part of you would be closer than another part to the singularity then each part will get pulled with different forces and thus ripping you to pieces, and those pieces to atoms, and those atoms...then you will become part of the singularity.

I agree with you that nothing can survive a black hole which makes any feat in comics pertaining to them asinine.

look at this video at 3:50 and after
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLMiJQXsmkc&feature=related

abhilegend
^Seriously h1a8 stop, you are hurting my brain just by typing.

dmills
Achieve a split:

Someone like The high evolutionary at his upper levels.

Take a slight Majority.

The Sphinx. -a large majority if CIS is off-

Sr J-Bieb
Look at what being bored accomplished... I actually checked my subscribed threads. Plus, having no respect for you let's me go against me not liking multiple day debates, so there's that.

? Thanos beat Surfer when Surfer wasn't fighting at his best as shown before. Surfer didn't use super speed, black holes attacks, planet shattering blasts, board from behind tricks, phasing ability, shielding, etc. You keep on arguing this nonsense like an idiot. Actually we have two different viewpoints on which characters should be used. You use average portrayals and I use the one's where characters are performing to their best ability. With this difference it is impossible to debate since it would be impossible to see eye to eye because we are looking at different things. Also X beating Y in a comic holds no water in itself. It is how X beat Y that holds the water. Learn this and you will be smart in the future. You use portrayals almost never seen in comics.
lol at your last part, what happens in comics holds no weight because you view it as holding no weight because of the way it happened.
But anyway, Surfer did try super speed. Surfer did try blasts. Thanos casually batted it and him away though, and soundly put to rest any doubt that he was above Surfer.

Surfer has only phased through walls. Surfer rarely uses shields. Surfer has created black holes once or twice, and Surfer didn't have time for board from behind tricks as he was getting beaten to death. This is retarded. If a character vastly above a character beats a character too quick for them to accomplish... anything, it means the character vastly below is not fighting to their best? What the ****? This is horseshit and you know it.

The writer showed Thanos was way above Surfer, and you want to ignore it because it doesn't fit into your narrow minded criteria. That's what it is.

If I push a button with another and it caused the planet to be destroyed then was it my all my power that caused the destruction? No, Thanos and Drax only put the planet in instability, after that the planet destroyed itself with ITS OWN ENERGY and not Thanos or Drax's energy. That means that Thanos didn't supply 1/1000th of the power of destroying the planet. He rather pushed a tough button with the help of Drax which activated the planet to destroy itself. Also all characters have low showings. Superman got koed by a gas station. So Drax being handled by She-Hulk is understandable in comics (PIS) but can't be used here on the forum. So, Thanos and Drax make a planet blow up in a panel and they barely had anything to do with it... is what you're saying? Do I even need to look at the fight to see that there's something wrong with this?
No, I don't think I do.

What about Drax having trouble with Mar-Vell who Thanos can and has easily beaten? What about Thanos one shotting Drax? What about Thanos taking Drax's blasts to no effect? Drax was so far below Thanos it's laughable.

And Surfer survived inside the core of a star, even absorbed a gas giant, and a black hole without any damage. That trumps anything Thanos has done durability wise. If Glads was alone he would have been swiftly killed. Because Tyrant was far above Gladiator.
Tyrant overpowered Gladiator's eyebeams, and then left him lying there so he could deal with others. If there were no other characters, Gladiator would have been finished there.
In a later example, he punched Beta into Glads, and then eyeblasted and punched him. While Glads was looking at him.

Thanos also didn't get three shotted like Glads... in what was one of Glads' more impressive feats.
And the orb amped his offensive blast power.

Surfer didn't absorb a gas giant or a black hole...
I like how you're using objects as opposed to characters to try and paint Surfer as more durable. I'll give you a small comparison later.

But for now, Thanos survived attacks from the IG to get up and walk away...

It's called a combo to ko. I didn't claim that Thanos doesn't have the offensive power in his punches to hurt a herald. Surfer at his best wouldn't have got touched by Thanos fists at all. It was a serious job fest by Surfer that fight. A CIS off Surfer can at least stalemate Thanos which was my original argument (a Surfer usually portrayed in comics would lose against Thanos), It's called every punch ****ed Surfer's world up. If he wouldn't be touched by fists, then he'd be blasted. How simple was that H1?

But you just said Surfer was more durable than Thanos...

It was Thanos beating up Surfer actually.

I'm not sure how much hit Thanos, if any. The art isn't too clear. But Galactus stopped the moment Thanos pleaded. Maybe he got hit a second before stopping who knows. But those weren't his personal shields but shields from outside power source. In the forum he can't use outside shielding unless the OP says so. The shields were pierced and Thanos was trapped inside with Galactus' beams.
Shields from an outside source... what outside source? Was Pip supplying him shields? Because Thanos' ship was blown up at that point in time.
So, h1 logic is that something... somewhere was supplying Thanos shields... YOU DID IT AGAIN H1!

Context is your friend. You can tell people that if Glads fought at his best and highest confidence then he can beat Thanos using speed. Terrax would lose against Thanos though since he isn't fast enough. Stop thinking of only winning and losing and start thinking of HOW ONE WINS OR LOSES. Then you would understand how my retarded brain thinks. No he couldn't. He'd run into a blast and then get destroyed.
Why would Terrax lose though? You just spent a decent period of time telling me that planet destroying attacks are above Thanos, did you not? According to you, Thanos has no planet destroying power, and Terrax does. So what gives H1? Do you not believe in your own shitty logic?

You first mentioned that it was awesome because it sent him miles away. Who cares? Did it harm him is the only relevant thing here. It was awesome because it did that... because no one else has done that, and it damaged his armor, which doesn't come easy. It also sent him reeling, so there is evidence of it hurting him too.

So there.

I was referring to planetary level attacks and not beings who have shown the ability to have planetary level attacks. Here are a few that harmed Galactus with less than planetary leveling attacking, Sue and Thor. So Surfer always holds back when he tries to stop Galactus? Terrax at his best held back against Galactus? Beta Ray Bill with the exact same attack that destroyed planets held back against Galactus? That's your logic?

Sue... haha. Sue put a invisispike through an alternate Galactus that did absolutely nothing against the ALTERNATE GALACTUS.

And Thor. Well, you speak of cheapshots earlier, so why does Thor not apply? Anyway, Thor cheapshotted a weakened Galactus twice. And one was a Godblast. If you don't think a Godblast is above planet destroying power...

Sr J-Bieb
So your logic is that whenever Gladiator punches a character that he isn't using planet destroying force? Do you proof read what you write?

You know what the funny thing about when Surfer destroyed a planet was? That it caused NO DAMAGE to Ravenous when Ravenous WAS HIT by the same blast, and WAS ON THE PLANET. So ya, I've seen way more powerful Surfer blasts that wouldn't destroyed a grass stem next to the person he was blasting.

Bill destroyed a planet by accelerating into it. Bill did the exact same thing to Galactus. So ya, I would call that planet destroying level.

So no, you have no idea what you're talking about, so let's not try and say "Context is your friend"

P.S. I do read comics just not enough for you though. All I got out of that is "I don't need to read the entire story"
Your deflection isn't fooling anyone. You don't read comics.

I assumed Thanos has his highest feats when I first posted. Oh, so you assume Thanos beat Surfer to death? Thanos beat the Death's Mouth easily and that being gave Surfer massive trouble? That Thanos was able to match IB's energy output when IB has one shotted Surfer? That Thanos was able to stand up to Odin when Surfer was one shotted by Odin? That Thanos was able to damage Galactus' armor and send him flying when Surfer has never been able to effect Galactus... when Beta Ray Bill's planet destroying attack only left a tiny hole in his helmet? Thanos was able to stand up to Tyrant when Surfer/Gladiator/Beta Ray Bill were easily beaten by Tyrant? Thanos when he was just a spirit was able to give Surfer the most pain he's ever experienced? That Thanos was able to take Surfer's best shot to no effect? Thanos was able to beat Maker when Gladiator was terrified of her? Thanos was able to destroy multiple Punisher robots when just one has given Surfer trouble?

Etc.

No you didn't. No you didn't at all. You know nothing of him.

Stoic
Going with Darkseid, and I am convinced that he has the raw physical strength, and durability to go round for round with Thanos. Damn it would be great if Marvel and DC became one corporation.

Nietzschean
ADAM WARLOCK.
miffed
http://www.fortunecity.com/tatooine/niven/142/img/po0213.jpg

quanchi112
Going with Darkseid, and I am convinced that he has the raw physical strength, and durability to go round for round with Thanos. Damn it would be great if Marvel and DC became one corporation. You don't really seem to know anything at all when it comes to Thanos so I assume the same is true when it comes to Darkseid.

h1a8
Look at what being bored accomplished... I actually checked my subscribed threads. Plus, having no respect for you let's me go against me not liking multiple day debates, so there's that.

You use portrayals almost never seen in comics.
lol at your last part, what happens in comics holds no weight because you view it as holding no weight because of the way it happened.
But anyway, Surfer did try super speed. Surfer did try blasts. Thanos casually batted it and him away though, and soundly put to rest any doubt that he was above Surfer.

Surfer has only phased through walls. Surfer rarely uses shields. Surfer has created black holes once or twice, and Surfer didn't have time for board from behind tricks as he was getting beaten to death. This is retarded. If a character vastly above a character beats a character too quick for them to accomplish... anything, it means the character vastly below is not fighting to their best? What the ****? This is horseshit and you know it.

Surfer never used his speed on Thanos. Surfer got beat to death because he wasn't fighting at his best (more like an idiot). Surfer here won't even get close to Thanos so that he can lay a hand on him. Phasing through walls is proof that he can phase. A CIS off surfer will use shields and black holes in a forum fight.

But this is where you are misguided. This isn't a comic fight. When will you get it? A character isn't going to fight in the typical way as seen in comics but in ways that have been seen at their best. A Cis off fight is definitely not one that will happen in a comic. I'm arguing a cis off surfer vs. Thanos.

No they had a lot to do with it. But two people cuts the feat in half for Thanos, and having the planet do some of the work makes Thanos did less than half of destroying a planet. This is a great feat but certainly shitty when compared to other heralds highest feats.

That has nothing to do with Surfer black holing Thanos or using his speed to be nigh unhittable or Surfer phasing or Surfer hitting Thanos from behind with the board at a million C. You must get out of the silly and rather dumb portrayal nonsense and concentrated how a cis off character will fight. You are much too lazy for comic debating. Here's your argument, "X character was shown greater than Y so he beats the shit out of Z, I don't care how Z fights either."

Again with the silly far above logic. The writer wouldn't have shown them to be stalemating if he was so far above Glads. And why in the hell did the writer have Tryant get the upper hand by cheapshotting Glads? If he is so far greater then surely the writer could have had him beat him straight up right?

I didn't even see Tyrant punch Thanos (or at least in a downward bash like the others). Did the comic say it only amped his offensive power? If so, then you are right but it is still about how the fight went down and not the fact X character survived.

Also we are not so sure how much force was used on Thanos since Magus seemed like he wanted to punish Thanos, not kill him. The blow seemed as such that even Thor would have survived. Otherwise, you are using a retarded argument that Thanos can't be killed by the IG. Are you seriously offering that as an argument?

Surfer is too fast and can use shielding and phasing ability when cis if off. Plus what about Surfer's ftl speed reflexes? I guess that only comes into play when he's fighting Superman or a D.C. character huh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

We don't know how much Thanos took of Galactus beam before pleading (1 sec, 2 sec,...). Also, Thanos called on ALL power to be deployed in the shielding. Why would Thanos call on this if the power was not coming from an outside source?

Thanos hasn't shown the ability to one shot a planet. So he doesn't get it. Surfer with ftl reflexes is not running into a blast let alone really needs to dodge them at all. Otherwise, I can say Surfer black holes the shit out of Thanos without Thanos doing anything about it.

Sue did it.

No! Characters power levels and stupidity fluctuate from comic to comic. We have Superman getting koed by a gas station, Thor succumbing to bullets, Thor resisting Celestial beams, Superman using pressure points and coffee shop perception, etc.

Doesn't matter as it penetrated his armor.

No it is not above planet destroying power. But who cares since this paragraph is irrelevant anyways.

Stoic
You don't really seem to know anything at all when it comes to Thanos so I assume the same is true when it comes to Darkseid.

No. What it is, is that you place Thanos way above his station. I hope for your sake that Thanos is never beaten down or challenged by a character considered to be two tiers below Odin, because it' going to sting.

SquallX
Going with Darkseid, and I am convinced that he has the raw physical strength, and durability to go round for round with Thanos. Damn it would be great if Marvel and DC became one corporation.

When that happens, rabid fan dogs will finally overload the internet. Mark my word. Mark them!

h1a8
So your logic is that whenever Gladiator punches a character that he isn't using planet destroying force? Do you proof read what you write?

You know what the funny thing about when Surfer destroyed a planet was? That it caused NO DAMAGE to Ravenous when Ravenous WAS HIT by the same blast, and WAS ON THE PLANET. So ya, I've seen way more powerful Surfer blasts that wouldn't destroyed a grass stem next to the person he was blasting.

Bill destroyed a planet by accelerating into it. Bill did the exact same thing to Galactus. So ya, I would call that planet destroying level.

So no, you have no idea what you're talking about, so let's not try and say "Context is your friend" What are you saying that Surfer can't destroy planets or that every blast he makes against someone we should assume that he isn't blasting at planet power? What was the context of the green stem? Do you even know?

Look at HOW Bill hit G and look at how he hit the planet. Any difference? irrelevant since the entire story has nothing to do with the magnitude of a feat. If Hulk lifts a tank then who cares if he was chatting with Dr. Strange about him sharing Betty prior. That's irrelevant. If not, then how does it tells us how Thanos would beat a Surfer using his top speed, black holeing, phasing, board tricks, etc. Thanos wouldn't be able to respond to Surfer.

Let me put it this way. If Surfer placed a black hole on Thanos then Thanos is either dead or seriously ucked up. Anything you say is irrelevant to this. FACT!

quanchi112
No. What it is, is that you place Thanos way above his station. I hope for your sake that Thanos is never beaten down or challenged by a character considered to be two tiers below Odin, because it' going to sting. Thanos blasts Galactus on his ass, beats cube beings in combat, manhandled Lord Mar-vell, took on power gem Thor, etc. yet you won't give him any credit.

Quit chirping you know I'm right and you're just too into this stuff on a personal level to be objective.

Nietzschean
this is just horrible ownage by Blanket, "Blanket" of all ppl..

I never seen such quality posting from him in all my years here and actually bein in the right. blink

Sr J-Bieb
Surfer never used his speed on Thanos. Surfer got beat to death because he wasn't fighting at his best (more like an idiot). Surfer here won't even get close to Thanos so that he can lay a hand on him. Phasing through walls is proof that he can phase. A CIS off surfer will use shields and black holes in a forum fight. Surfer had speedlines coming from him.

Surfer got beat to death because Thanos was far above him.

Phasing through walls is proof he can phase through walls.

Shields will accomplish little. And black holes will accomplish little against a character who can teleport.

But this is where you are misguided. This isn't a comic fight. When will you get it? A character isn't going to fight in the typical way as seen in comics but in ways that have been seen at their best. A Cis off fight is definitely not one that will happen in a comic. I'm arguing a cis off surfer vs. Thanos. This isn't a comic fight, but it is based on comics.

I know what you're trying to say, but it's still in comics that Thanos is far above Surfer in power, and that is something you're trying to ignore as well (based on this whole Surfer destroys planets crap).

Plus, your whole argument is that a strong majority of comics don't count, but let me use some feats from comics! It's ridiculous to say the least.

No they had a lot to do with it. But two people cuts the feat in half for Thanos, and having the planet do some of the work makes Thanos did less than half of destroying a planet. This is a great feat but certainly shitty when compared to other heralds highest feats. Two people doesn't cut it in half when Drax is Mar-Vell level.

It is a shitty feat, I agree. But it's the weakest Thanos we have seen on panel against a Mar-Vell level being. And it might have even been a Thanos robot at that...

That has nothing to do with Surfer black holing Thanos or using his speed to be nigh unhittable or Surfer phasing or Surfer hitting Thanos from behind with the board at a million C. You must get out of the silly and rather dumb portrayal nonsense and concentrated how a cis off character will fight. You are much too lazy for comic debating. Here's your argument, "X character was shown greater than Y so he beats the shit out of Z, I don't care how Z fights either." You're right, it doesn't, but what it has to do is with you trying to make the Thanos/Drax fight a split power between them.

The comic examples paint a picture of the vast power difference. And you're too lazy to read comics, so you figure you can go around saying "Hey I saw all the best feats in this respect thread, so I'm going to (try to) debate purely off of that"

Surfer isn't throwing it board at Thanos at a million C. That's for damn sure. Even if, it leaves Surfer floating around in space as an easy target for Thanos... especially since he's going to need some momentum to get his board up to a million C and some focus seeing as he's controlling it mentally.

Again with the silly far above logic. The writer wouldn't have shown them to be stalemating if he was so far above Glads. And why in the hell did the writer have Tryant get the upper hand by cheapshotting Glads? If he is so far greater then surely the writer could have had him beat him straight up right? They never stalemated though.
He got the upperhand everytime they encountered...

He dropped Glads the first time they met face to face, and then fought other beings. Did you even look at the fight at all?
And he knocked him out in two attacks when Gladiator was LOOKING RIGHT AT HIM.

Tyrant beat up Surfer easily, two shotted Beta Ray Bill, three shotted Gladiator, but you don't think Tyrant was far above Gladiator?

How much thought did you put into that paragraph? Honestly?

I didn't even see Tyrant punch Thanos (or at least in a downward bash like the others). Did the comic say it only amped his offensive power? If so, then you are right but it is still about how the fight went down and not the fact X character survived. So because Tyrant never punched Thanos it isn't comparable at all? I've never seen anyone nitpick so much against things used against him, yet bring up everything as his own proof.

You're a terrible debator honestly.

Also we are not so sure how much force was used on Thanos since Magus seemed like he wanted to punish Thanos, not kill him. The blow seemed as such that even Thor would have survived. Otherwise, you are using a retarded argument that Thanos can't be killed by the IG. Are you seriously offering that as an argument? He hit him while he was pissed off. That's enough for me.

No I'm not saying Thanos can't be killed by the IG, I'm saying he took his shots. Use your brain.

You want a terrible argument?
How about saying that planet destroying attacks are above Thanos when Thanos has shown he outputs more power than Surfer in every appearance with them in it? How about saying that Surfer is more durable than Thanos? How about saying that Gladiator would have done better against Tyrant on his own when he was paired with two people more powerful than him? How about saying the Godblast is not more powerful than a planet destroying attack? How about using Sue putting a spike through an alternate Galactus as proof that 616 Galactus can be damaged by... Sue?

Etc. Also on that last one, you're going to nitpick absolutely everything but bring up the Sue example as a serious example? Even if that was 616 Galactus, you just called She-Hulk beating up Drax PIS, and then think that Sue piking Galactus is acceptable?
Really? You're the biggest hypocritical simpleton on this site.

Surfer is too fast and can use shielding and phasing ability when cis if off. Plus what about Surfer's ftl speed reflexes? I guess that only comes into play when he's fighting Superman or a D.C. character huh? roll eyes (sarcastic) Show me Surfer phasing through a character... a blast, a living object. Surfer using it as a defense?

I never doubted Surfer's reflexes, but he will get hit. Thanos has enough reflexes to respond to him. Responding to Fallen One's blitz, Surfer, Gany, Jack of Hearts, etc. Plus he's got the ability to hit his mind, trap Surfer in a shield, etc.
His shields aren't going to hold off against Thanos blasts when Thanos has easily blown through Quasar's shield where a couple Surfer level people failed to get through.

And Surfer's reflexes only come into play in a Superman fight when people say that Superman will blitz him. Your brain isn't only there to weigh your head down. Use it sometimes.

Surfer is one of my favorite characters. lol at trying to call me bias.

We don't know how much Thanos took of Galactus beam before pleading (1 sec, 2 sec,...). Also, Thanos called on ALL power to be deployed in the shielding. Why would Thanos call on this if the power was not coming from an outside source? He took a reasonable amount and then pleaded.
And you're going to make an argument out of how long he took it after some of the shit you've spouted?

So the narration didn't have to say that he used all of his shielding?
Where would Thanos have gotten this shielding though H1?

Thanos hasn't shown the ability to one shot a planet. So he doesn't get it. Surfer with ftl reflexes is not running into a blast let alone really needs to dodge them at all. Otherwise, I can say Surfer black holes the shit out of Thanos without Thanos doing anything about it.
Thanos hasn't one shotted a planet but he's way more powerful than people who have. Gotcha.
Surfer won't run into it, the blast will run into him.
And Thanos teleports.

I noticed you ignored Terrax vs Thanos in my post. So, why doesn't Terrax beat Thanos H1?

Sue did it. Do you not pay attention to anything said at all?
It wasn't 616 Galactus, and it did nothing to him anyway.

No! Characters power levels and stupidity fluctuate from comic to comic. We have Superman getting koed by a gas station, Thor succumbing to bullets, Thor resisting Celestial beams, Superman using pressure points and coffee shop perception, etc. So basically, Surfer has held back everytime he's tried to stop Galactus, is what you're trying to say?

Doesn't matter as it penetrated his armor. How do you function? Like, how do you remember to drink water everyday, or breath even?

No it is not above planet destroying power. But who cares since this paragraph is irrelevant anyways. K, the Godblast is not above an average herald destroying a planet. THE MOST POWERFUL ATTACK THOR HAS is not above planet destroying power. THE MOST POWERFUL ATTACK THOR HAS is not above Surfer's attack that FAILED TO DAMAGE RAVENOUS IN THE LEAST.

Sr J-Bieb
What are you saying that Surfer can't destroy planets or that every blast he makes against someone we should assume that he isn't blasting at planet power? What was the context of the green stem? Do you even know? Do you know how to read?

Surfer with his planet destroying attack failed to cause any noticable damage to Ravenous. Ronan later hacked off half of Ravenous' face with a hammer shot, so we know Ravenous wasn't invincible.
Time for you to ignore that again.

And the grass was an example... Jesus.

Look at HOW Bill hit G and look at how he hit the planet. Any difference? He hit Galactus harder?

irrelevant since the entire story has nothing to do with the magnitude of a feat. If Hulk lifts a tank then who cares if he was chatting with Dr. Strange about him sharing Betty prior. So you don't read comics. Gotcha.

That's irrelevant. If not, then how does it tells us how Thanos would beat a Surfer using his top speed, black holeing, phasing, board tricks, etc. Thanos wouldn't be able to respond to Surfer. "Feats where Thanos outperforms Surfer by 10 fold is irrelevant"

Shield/blasts, teleport, phasing... laughable.
I hope you realize "Board tricks" means Surfer is not on his board at the time...

My question to you though, is why does Surfer need to resort to being untouchable (IYO) when Surfer is more powerful than Thanos, and more durable (IYO)?

Or I go the H1 way and say Thanos lands a mind whammy on Surfer as soon as the fight starts, and then turns him into a butterfly and eats him. Or I scale up a power and say Thanos force blocks the whole area and traps Surfer there. Or Thanos turns Surfer's board into a butterfly, and then traps Surfer in a shield and BFR's him into the Crunch

H1 debating is fun! Sad part is Thanos in character beats CISless Surfer, and CISless Thanos absolutely destroys him.

Let me put it this way. If Surfer placed a black hole on Thanos then Thanos is either dead or seriously ucked up. Anything you say is irrelevant to this. FACT! Or Thanos teleports.
When Thanos was hit by previous black hole, he was swallowed up without warning and got out of a closed black hole on his own.

Anything I say is irrelevant because you choose to ignore everything I say, actually. "BLACK HOLE" *earmuffs*
lol at a black hole killing Thanos though.

kigaloo
gamora could pull at leasta 5/10 with thanos since thanos is slow and overweight

Galan007
I haven't seen bran debate like this is YEARS. clapclap

Stoic
Thanos blasts Galactus on his ass, beats cube beings in combat, manhandled Lord Mar-vell, took on power gem Thor, etc. yet you won't give him any credit.

Quit chirping you know I'm right and you're just too into this stuff on a personal level to be objective.

Actually Galactus was unfazed by the assault, but Thanos cried out for him to spare him.

Thanos defeated a Cube being that was incomplete and doubtful, yet was one shotted by that same Cube being.

Lord Mar-Vell has no strength or combat feats in terms of H2H so this statement means very little.

Thanos fought Thor while having very little mastery over the Power Gem, and was likely only tapping into it on a subconscious level. Merged Hulk handled Drax with the Gem as well. Another myth busted.

I'm not the one who challenged the opinion of Darkseid being on Thanos' level, and me feeling that a battle between the two would be very close. Who's making this personal again?

Nietzschean

I'm not the one who challenged the opinion of Darkseid being on Thanos' level, and me feeling that a battle between the two would be very close. Who's making this personal again?

merged Hulk, u mean professor Hulk?
b/c Professor Hulk never handled Drax. he fought him and was doing terrible at it while Drax was too stupid to realize he was in a fight and considered it playing.

Professor Hulk also got one shotted at four freedom plaza by Drax and later in the Infinity War Hercules and Professor Hulk were struggling to put down Drax while Drax was staring at them trying to figure out what they were doing,,

I have always bn on the fence with Mar Vell since he is suppose to be able to amp up with the Nega Bands and he has physically fought Thanos. One can argue he is just a 30 tonner and its PIS everytime or he can amp past it to 100+ and go punch for punch before being overpowered by Thanos..

kigaloo
darkseid is well above thanos level, thanos without prep cant even take gamora lol

Stoic
Originally posted by Nietzschean
merged Hulk, u mean professor Hulk?
b/c Professor Hulk never handled Drax. he fought him and was doing terrible at it while Drax was too stupid to realize he was in a fight and considered it playing.

Professor Hulk also got one shotted at four freedom plaza by Drax and later in the Infinity War Hercules and Professor Hulk were struggling to put down Drax while Drax was staring at them trying to figure out what they were doing,,

I have always bn on the fence with Mar Vell since he is suppose to be able to amp up with the Nega Bands and he has physically fought Thanos. One can argue he is just a 30 tonner and its PIS everytime or he can amp past it to 100+ and go punch for punch before being overpowered by Thanos..

Captain Mar-Vell? Thanos back handed him, and Savage Hulk did as well. Perhaps when he did go punch for punch with Thanos he was amping.

Whether Drax was playing or not, he was still unable to KO Professor/Merged Hulk. Drax at the time that Herc and the Hulk were having a hard time with him was him subconsciously tapping the Gem.

Thor just got his hands on the Gem, and had no former training in it's use. It was also stated on panel that he began becoming stronger only after being placed in a force block. The Gem works best when consciously tapping from it, and if you can't believe this we can go by a few examples.

1. Thanos was unable to even dent America's Shield or leave so much as a blemish on it when not possessing the Power gem, and yet during the Infinity Gauntlet, he shattered it with one hit.

2. Titania when first gaining possession of the Gem was unable to lift a boulder weighing 100 tons or less, but was able to once she was properly tutored in it's use.

3. Why would anyone believe that Thor, while in a feral uncompromising state be able to tap the Power Gem with no tutelage at all? For all we know, the battle between Thor and Thanos may have initially been Thor fighting under his own steam. Actually more evidence points to this conclusion than... Thor picks up the Gem from a KO'd Drax, places it on his head while in an enraged and uncompromising state of mind, and begins using the gem, when it takes a calm cool and collected mind to properly manipulate the Power Gem. It's your call, I know what I believe.

Nietzschean
Drax never really used the gem. it was given to him by Adam Warlock b/c Drax was already a powerhouse and had a similar near infinite power source to Draw from b4 gaining the Gem.

it's why Warlock picked him b/c he knew at most Drax would only draw from it subconsciously. Do you think Drax was really drawing from it when fighting guys less powerful than he was used to fighting? erm

Drax wasnt trying to murder Hulk or even Ko him.. He thought he was playing. When the fight got serious, Hulk patted Drax and Drax backhanded Hulk into a building. I dont think Drax was drawing from a gem using a backhand. Hulk even stated he felt that as he climbed out of the rubble. I dont think Hulk could have won period even without Drax not having the gem.

Drax b4 he got the Gem was able to destroy planets and not just when he fought Thanos but well after during the Infinity Gauntlet series.

he even stated as dumb as he was that a planet was easy for him to destroy and he would just have to fly down and one shot it.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/drax/draxworldbreak.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/drax/draxworldbreak1.jpg

Drax b4 the gem killed Silver Surfer when Thanos had Drax think SS was Thanos. http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/drax/draxchokessurfer.jpg

Professor Hulk was completely outclassed by Dumb Drax even without the power gem. Thor I believe was tapping the gem by rage although not very competently..

Stoic
Originally posted by Nietzschean
Drax never really used the gem. it was given to him by Adam Warlock b/c Drax was already a powerhouse and had a similar near infinite power source to Draw from b4 gaining the Gem.

it's why Warlock picked him b/c he knew at most Drax would only draw from it subconsciously. Do you think Drax was really drawing from it when fighting guys less powerful than he was used to fighting? erm

Drax wasnt trying to murder Hulk or even Ko him.. He thought he was playing. When the fight got serious, Hulk patted Drax and Drax backhanded Hulk into a building. I dont think Drax was drawing from a gem using a backhand. Hulk even stated he felt that as he climbed out of the rubble. I dont think Hulk could have won period even without Drax not having the gem.

Drax b4 he got the Gem was able to destroy planets and not just when he fought Thanos but well after during the Infinity Gauntlet series.

he even stated as dumb as he was that a planet was easy for him to destroy and he would just have to fly down and one shot it.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/drax/draxworldbreak.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/drax/draxworldbreak1.jpg

Drax b4 the gem killed Silver Surfer when Thanos had Drax think SS was Thanos. http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/drax/draxchokessurfer.jpg

Professor Hulk was completely outclassed by Dumb Drax even without the power gem. Thor I believe was tapping the gem by rage although not very competently..

I recall what you are mentioning, and unless they depowered Drax during B&T he was not all that you are making him out to be. Thor also held his own with Drax while in space during the IG arc if you recall. So if Thor has fits with the Hulk, but not with Drax what should we suspect? Drax of yore was also classified as a class 50, with a near indestructible body. Infantile Drax nearly choked the hell out of the Silver Surfer, but Drax is not saturated with solar energy that the Surfer was known to use against the Hulk. Much like kryptonite is to Superman. This is the only logical explanation behind Thor, and others that are peers in strength to the Hulk doing well against Surfer. He simply has no attack surface to exploit against them. Drax and thor are magical beings in nature right? The Hulk isn't.

What logical conclussion do we take from Drax being oneshotted by Thor in one instance, and being powerful enough to take on Hercules and the Hulk, knowing that both of these characters has faced off against Thor, while Thor was not playing, and going for the win?

What is the variable that allows Drax to outperform previous showings? He does not possess the power to grow in strength the madder he gets. So what is it? The Power Gem.

cdtm
Hmm....

Bat...?

Iron....?

No, the op said split, not curbstomp.

Lobo.

quanchi112
Actually Galactus was unfazed by the assault, but Thanos cried out for him to spare him.Unfazed would mean he stood there and didn't move. You shouldn't use words you don't know the meanings of.
She had the same power as a cube being just a body to make herself more vulnerable. Thanos was taken by surprise and when he came for her for combat he easily dominated her.
Yes, he showed he has the power to oneshot kill Magus. He also showed foes like Nova and the Surfer don't even register on his threat level yet Thanos punked him.
With the little time Thor had the power gem he dominated classic Strange, Surfer, and the Infinity Watch. Thanos defeated Thor who was vastly more impressive than Hulk stalemating Drax. Thor even defeated and took the gem off of Drax. You are terrible at this.
It's ridiculous seeing how foes like Orion, Superman,Raker, and Doomsday have treated Darkseid to put him anywhere near Thanos' level. You have no case you just debate based on who you like.

TheLordofMurder
@Quanchi...

So in your honest opinion, who is the weakest character that can achieve a 5 out of 10 split against Thanos?

Or is your bias too strong and your love of Thanos too great to answer that?

Nihilist
LOM you really need to give up your obsession about Quan/Thanos laughing out loud

TheLordofMurder
LOM you really need to give up your obsession about Quan/Thanos laughing out loud

And you need to stop sucking purple c0ck...

h1a8
Surfer had speedlines coming from him.

Surfer got beat to death because Thanos was far above him.

Phasing through walls is proof he can phase through walls.

Shields will accomplish little. And black holes will accomplish little against a character who can teleport.

This isn't a comic fight, but it is based on comics.

I know what you're trying to say, but it's still in comics that Thanos is far above Surfer in power, and that is something you're trying to ignore as well (based on this whole Surfer destroys planets crap).

Plus, your whole argument is that a strong majority of comics don't count, but let me use some feats from comics! It's ridiculous to say the least.

Two people doesn't cut it in half when Drax is Mar-Vell level.

You have to be intangible to phase through walls.

Forum rules suggest that characters fight at their best as shown before. How often do they do that in a comic?

Shields will block the rare attacks that Thanos might luckily get in when Surfer is using speed.

What speed lines by Surfer? I didn't see Surfer navigating at above C like against Deathurge. I didn't see him use shields or phase. I didn't see him use ftl reflexes. All I saw was Surfer stupidly running into Thanos fists.

You can put Drax on Mar-vell level (in overall powerset and skill) if you like but that has nothing to do with him and Thanos stalemating in strength for a long time.

Thanos above Drax because of intelligence, durability, versatility, and skill. He's not above him in strength (if so then it is very slight). I was going by writer's interpretation (since you like to see portrayals so much). The writer wouldn't have them stalemating in the first moment of battle if he believe Tyrant was so far above him. Read comics and you will see. We know that Sentry was above Terrax the first moment, same with WWH and Colossus, I can go on. Tyrant cheapshotted Glads with a blast, this made him very dizzy. So it was understandable of finishing him off with a few more blows. In comics cheapshots usually result in a 2-3 shot ko. Also in reality it only takes 1 or 2 good blows between peers to ko (especially with a cheapshot).

Glads took a beam from Tryant without being koed. But Thanos is hella resistant against beams (more so than physical attacks). It is how the fight went down to make things comparable. I'm not into the portrayal stuff since that is debatable. I'm into the stuff that isn't debatable. I don't care what happens in a comic if a character isn't fighting at their best as shown before. It's irrelevant of whether Sue can put a spike through 616 G since that alternate G was very powerful. The fact of the matter is cut force doesn't prove anything, just look at Wolverine for crying out loud. Characters powers flucuate in comics. If X character can one shot a planet then them hitting Y doesn't mean they are hitting with planet shattering force. It is not PIS because it is cut force. Otherwise every instance of Wolverine cutting high heralds is PIS since he shouldn't have the necessary strength too. I don't have to. That is what inference is all about. If one must become intangible to phase through walls then they can definitely phase through other REAL materials. A CIS off Surfer can use it as a defense. Fallen One didn't even reach light speed when he attacked Thanos. He didn't respond to Surfer traveling above C, nor anyone else. Surfer with his A game is not going to be hit by Thanos. As a matter of fact, Thanos would be a semi statue to Surfer. But Surfer has feats against blocking beams with ease, and traveling super fast while maneuvering on a dime. Yet he can defend against a Superman level blitz but not some random simple blasts by Thanos? It was a good feat but not that good. We can only speculate how long he was exposed to the beams. I don't know where he got the power from. But that doesn't mean isn't wasn't from an outside source (since he verbally called on it). When Thanos fought Odin, Odin was mentioning Thanos outside power source. People use the term 'more powerful' without a clue that the phrase has different interpretations. For example, it can mean stronger blasts, more versatile, smarter, greater physical strength, etc. or a combination of those. It is how you win a fight that determines if you can win and not who is more powerful. 'More powerful' tends to the faulty ABC logic. Each fight is different and sometimes a weaker character can best a more powerful character because of the unique powerset present. Terrax is stupid and less skilled than Thanos. Also Thanos is more versatile. Thanos beats Terrax all day long. No, G's durability was higher or Surfer's power input was lower in those cases (because of writer's fluctuation of ability). Some writer's don't believe Surfer can blow up a planet with a blast or that Glads can 3 shot a planet. This is a fact. Think man.

You ever think about Ravenous durability was higher at that particular point in time. Otherwise he wouldn't have survived a planet destroying attack. It happens. In one comic Superman gets koed by a gas station and in other he survives a nuclear blast like nothing. This is comics man.

h1a8
Originally posted by Galan007
I haven't seen bran debate like this is YEARS. clapclap I bring it out in people.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>