Sinestro vs Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Go!

abhilegend
Orion 6/10.

basilisk
Orion. Based on the old Orion anyway. Not sure what current Orion exists or whether the New Gods were affected by the reboot.

quanchi112
Orion wins.

cdtm
Yeah, Orion.

Sin I AM
meh sinestro..for the maj

JakeTheBank
Orion solos

leonidas
orion. sinestro may take a couple, but no more than that and he;d be hard pressed to do even that.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by leonidas
orion. sinestro may take a couple, but no more than that and he;d be hard pressed to do even that.

y? Doesnt sinestro operate at higher levels

SquallX
Originally posted by Sin I AM
y? Doesnt sinestro operate at higher levels

No.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by SquallX
No.

then i must be mistaken, ive always seen him a superior to orion, superman etc

Prep-Man
Orion. Greater combat skills as well.

iceman24567
then i must be mistaken, ive always seen him a superior to orion, superman etc I thought constructs were like tissue paper to Orion?

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by iceman24567
I thought constructs were like tissue paper to Orion? They are to most high heralds, unless they're Guy Gardner's constructs.

JakeTheBank
then i must be mistaken, ive always seen him a superior to orion, superman etc

He's superior to other Lanterns as a rule, but not brick heralds.

Spire
Orion gives him the Stone Cold Stunner.

leonidas
i was thinking more of a ddt.....

Sin I AM
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He's superior to other Lanterns as a rule, but not brick heralds.

whats a brick herald

JakeTheBank
whats a brick herald

Someone like Thor, Superman, Orion, etc.

Sin I AM
so brick heralds trump most lanterns?

JakeTheBank

Ultimately, yeah, as most of them have the raw physical strength to shatter constructs or versatility needed to compete against a power ring or both.

cdtm
Originally posted by iceman24567
I thought constructs were like tissue paper to Orion?

Depends on the story. Even that GL in the Legion of Super Heroes time was able to keep his shield up against Superboy Primes assault for a time, and Hal and Kyle made constructs that hurt/resisted Superman equivalent characters, and protected them against attacks their durability couldn't handle..

But IMO, Astro Force > strongest GL construct.

Sin I AM
so on the herald scale...gls r the weakest?

cdtm
No way. Not many heralds can kill Krona, or bottle up a super nova.

JakeTheBank

Absolutely not.

abhilegend
Who said that? Hal is just under superman/thor/surfer level.

Prep-Man

Depends on the Lantern. Hal has the power to trump most bricks. As was stated by even Pre-Crisis Superman.

Sin I AM
then what jake said earlier makes no sense.......Sinestro is a head above Hal...wouldnt that elevate him above clark?

abhilegend
^He also said he never used full force on hal.

abhilegend
then what jake said earlier makes no sense.......Sinestro is a head above Hal...wouldnt that elevate him above clark?
ABC logic is an invite to failure.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by abhilegend
ABC logic is an invite to failure.

im not using abc logic though, imo sinsetro is a notch above clark too

abhilegend
^May I ask why?

"Id"
Sinestro performs exceptional well as a Lantern for meeting the prime requirements (Willpower, and Imagination) exceptional high. Then you factor in his Experience, Skill, and Ruthless...it simply benefits his displays on the battlefield.

The Elite, of the Elite. Hal seems to be the only one that can surpass him at times, when he is ridding on an emotional high that caters to the green light. All others are pretty falling back in line.

Kyle, Guy, Kilo, and John are falling behind.

abhilegend
^Well I can't remeber the last time hal beat Thaal one-on-one. I think that Johns made it clear that sinestro>hal.

"Id"
^Well I can't remeber the last time hal beat Thaal one-on-one. I think that Johns made it clear that sinestro>hal.
I blame DC shitty retcons, it throws a monkey wrench to its continuity.

abhilegend
^Huh?

"Id"
^Huh?

When Hal was making his way to the Central Battery, as a final desperate act the Guardians released Sinestro.

Hal beat him, but that shit got retconned.

abhilegend
^Oh that totally slipped my mind. But I wouldn't call that loss significant. Hal beat kilowog h2h without his ring! Emerald twilight is one of the most PIS filled stories I've ever read.

"Id"
He beat Supes as well. So much for Herald Bricks>Elite Lanterns. Emerald Twilight was Truth!

abhilegend
^He was parallax at the time, Id eek! . It's like saying because B&T thor oneshotted surfer, normal thor can also do it.

Prep-Man
The most competent Lantern is PC Hal Jordan. He was the one who converted the JLA into pure energy or mind controlled them. If Lanterns were to be more versatile like they used to, they could be true power houses.

cdtm
Originally posted by "Id"
When Hal was making his way to the Central Battery, as a final desperate act the Guardians released Sinestro.

Hal beat him, but that shit got retconned.

Johns didn't retcon Emerald Dawn 2 though, did he?

Rookie Hal beat Sinestro down when he found out how he took over his home planet.

JakeTheBank
No, that fight was referenced in a flashback during Johns' run of GL.

Though, I wouldn't be surprised if said fight was altered so that Hal needed prep time or context to beat Sinestro.

As it stands now, Sinestro is portrayed conventionally > Hal, save for the high end feats.

cdtm
I was actually surprised Johns had Lobo toy with Sinestro.

The main man must have a pretty good fanbase among DC staff.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by cdtm
I was actually surprised Johns had Lobo toy with Sinestro.

The main man must have a pretty good fanbase among DC staff. The only reason to be surprised is to have thought that Johns had completely gone off the deep end and might possibly write Hal > Lobo.

We know he's not that retarded. uhuh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.